All Paymo Reviews

Adam

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Used unspecified

Reviewed April 2024

Paymo Review: Paymo is my essential app for managing my business

Carsten

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Paymo is a good controlling platform

PROS

We need to track the progress for several, multiple projects for both, time budget and estimated tasks.

CONS

In the past the invoicing and estimation templates are not the best. I need my CSS knowledge to fit them within a german document template. There must be an updated templating, but i just didn't found the time to test it out.

Hi Carsten, Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate it. Please note that the new 10 invoice templates don't require CSS or HTML knowledge to edit them. We have an article on how it works in our Knowledge base. If you have questions you can also always contact our support team.

Replied March 2024

Rachel

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Paymo review

PROS

Easy to track time and see calendar view on timesheets to visualise your day. Easy to create a project and great to see different viewing options such as table or gantt depending on how you need to visualise a project.

CONS

Scheduling/resource management could be better. We can't register the time that an employee may work every week as some are part-time. (as far as I know) And we can't build out a person's day in a calendar style similar to timesheets to dictate when they should be working on something.

Reasons for switching to Paymo

Was very expensive and we weren't using all their features properly so wasn't worth the money for us.

Hi Rachel, Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate it. Please note that by using the Day view in Team scheduling you can set specific time intervals the user should be working on the tasks.

Replied March 2024

Reviewed March 2024

Nothing special, but it works

PROS

We use Paymo for time management, or at least tracking the hours spent on projects. For this purpose it works. The interface is easy to use and it time entry is a breeze.

CONS

Paymo is not the best solution out there, but not the worst either. I would not say there is a particular bad thing about Paymo, rather that it comes down to personal preference. I, and I'm sure I'm not alone in this, find timesheet entry a pain, regardless of what time tracking software is being used. Is there a better way of doing this? Yes, but I have not developed it, yet.

Gerald

Architecture & Planning, 2-10 employees

Good value for money

Overall a great app to use. We successfully manage a small team of 9 with the feature set and get good feature development feedback

PROS

Value for money, ease of set-up, timesheet format, project overview dashboard, Feature roadmap & community feedback forum

CONS

Sub-task handling, Task editor side-panel, Task template handling, Lack of project stage functionality option

Reason for choosing Paymo

Best timesheet handling. Excellent project overview dashboard

Reasons for switching to Paymo

Very difficult to manage and difficult for staff to use

Jon

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2024

Paymo a great solution for Independent contracting

Great product for what I need a simple tool that tracks my time and makes invoicing painless.

PROS

I like how it fits my workflow, it feels natural. I tried many other programs similar to it and they all felt counterintuitive to me.

CONS

Honestly it's been great , I feel I need to take the time to explore it's capabilities more.

Simpler and more intuitive interface with paymo

Simpler and more intuitive interface with paymo

Jessica

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Loving paymo

It has helped our org so much. Great customer service. Intuitive. Affordable. I am excited to learn even more features and use it to its full potential.

PROS

Great customer service. Lots of customizability.

CONS

I only wish I could integrate google cal into the app and not just the browser. For less tech-savvy users, it has been slightly challenging to navigate, but that's expected. I'm more tech fluent, and I find it very intuitive.

Reason for choosing Paymo

Better nonprofit discount. Love the report feature. Monday.com seems to have better task management system, but time tracking was more important to us, so we went with paymo.

Reasons for switching to Paymo

Paymo has much better time tracking options

Selina

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Love this PM Tool

Love Paymo, super easy to use and customizable!

PROS

Really helpful tool for project task management, tracking, establishing deadlines, planning resources. It’s essential for me to track my time working with each project to ensure staying on budget and also manage my own invoice.

CONS

Would love different colours in the tasks and also that we can add hourly rates beyond just £ as that makes our invoice tracking a bit tricky. Would also love to manage an entire task from the front task mask (add hour estimates etc)

Reasons for switching to Paymo

forecast seats were very pricey from what I heard

Mike

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Love Paymo! Would highly recommend it!

So far we are very happy with Paymo and will continue to use it and recommend it. The team has found it easy to use so far and to implement with everyone.

PROS

We love the time tracking and project management combined in Paymo, it allows for 1 tool for our team rather than having multiple softwares to do what we need. We use time tracking + the task/project management heavily, so it's awesome to have it in 1 product.

CONS

There's just some small features I think that will come that would be great. Some minor things, like adding expenses from the project view for example. But it's great we can add feedback and suggest edits.

Reasons for switching to Paymo

We wanted to have 1 tool for our time tracking and project management, so Paymo allowed us to do that.

Mordy

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Very Solid program

PROS

Time tracking and project billing all in each task!

CONS

the communication chat in the tasks could be better, would love if it was more like monday where it becomes like a slack chat with notifications

Reasons for switching to Paymo

for the internal time tracking and project billing

Krystian

Design, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Good PM tool

Very good

PROS

We were looking for a simple tool that will combine simplicity of usage together with a lot of features (PM, Tracking, Reporting, Financial Overview) and fast at the same time. Paymo did it!

CONS

Nothing, the app is doing a great job.

Simplicity, number of features

Reasons for switching to Paymo

Lack of general overview, combining projects overview and native features for reporting and time tracking.

Thank you, Krystian! We've added the possibility to copy/paste a time entry inside the Timesheets module. Check it out, as well as our Team Scheduling module (if you haven't already): https://help.paymoapp.com/en/collections/34726-team-scheduling It makes the resource allocation much easier for teams of 10+, displaying workloads, availabilities, and leave days on the same timeline. Cheers, Marcel

Jaroslaw

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Great time fracking tool for small businesses

PROS

Easy to setup, easy to onboard users, very useful reports for margin calculation.

CONS

With more complex scenarios and IT specific tasks management reequirements (github integration, workflows, automations, custom fields) it lacks functionality.

mahmoud

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2022

best projects management app

overall my experience is awesome with this app I started to use it every hour of my day with it and track my projects and hours,

PROS

I like the design of your dashboard, good design makes me take a good journey with this app every thing is easy to reach and customize it , adding tasks and projects are very easy to do

CONS

I have a problem with the free trial when I try to add someone to the project I have an error cause this person uses that same app if you people can fix it it will be awesome and if you make a free version from it with only tasks, projects and time tracking it will be enough for most of the people like me cause I don't need the rest of all features right now

Reasons for switching to Paymo

from Hubstaff is the dashboard are so boring to use from Trello has no time tracking

Mitch

Reviewed October 2019

Best in the Biz (I think)

PROS

What do I like best - the value. When searching for a solution Paymo offered the most for the least and has been continuously working to improve the APP. I work remotely and have been using Paymo to track clients and send time reports to my office for billing a few years now and it has worked flawlessly. The time tracker is great, the time reports are great. There is, I am sure, a tonne of functionality that I haven't even tapped into but it does everything I need very quickly and cleanly. Navigating is a breeze, editing is a breeze, and exporting reports is a breeze.

CONS

My least favorite thing is that every time Paymo refreshes I have to set up all of my preferences again. I have to switch the view, add in a filter to see the projects the way I want, adjust the Time Report forms back the way I had them set up yesterday. Just switching the view from List to Table should be something I should be able to lock-in as a default view.

Reason for choosing Paymo

We chose Paymo mostly for value. It offered the most (at the time - I haven't shopped around in a while) for the least and part of the criteria when we were searching to replace the self-hosted open-source software we were using at the time (I don't remember what it was called - 2014 installed through Softaculous on the cPanel). But also, we chose Paymo because the UI was great. It looked good and was really intuitive to get around the app. It has only gotten better.

Reasons for switching to Paymo

We switched from the self-hosted app because keeping it updated and maintained was timeconsuming and if anything crashed on our server it was going to be a headache. After exploring options moving to Paymo for the low monthly fee made a lot of sense for something we were using every day.

Good news, Mitch: time reports will be upgraded and support a more used friendly interface. About the preference issue, can you please write it down on our community forum so it gets more traction from the community? https://community.paymoapp.com/ Thank you!

Replied January 2020

Reviewed June 2020

Tracking time and managing payments with agility

Back in 2009 we started a fledgling web design company called FreshSpark Creative. Paymo was just starting out and seeking customers, help and ideas. We were able to request certain features which were implemented, the foundations of what would become an excellent working relationship. In 2012 I started my second company and we had 5 full time staff using the platform in 2016. As we became VAT registered we were unfortunately forced to use Xero for our billing to comply with UK regs, but that only demonstrated how good Paymo was - Xero is incredibly sluggish, lots of micromanagement and lacks the quality of design which we strive to portray as a business. We modified the set up of our business to help deal with the issues caused by Brexit and I once again use Paymo for all time keeping and billing. Paymo has been a constant in my professional life as a business director, alongside Google Mail and Google Cal.

PROS

Fast and effective management of time and resources. I love how easy it is to log time, create invoices and complete all my accounting obligations as a UK business owner quickly and stylishly.

CONS

I guess my biggest dislike is the new timesheets view, the hitboxes on the time entries seem to be slightly out of sync with the visual modules. Also as I have been using the software for over 10 years, there is a lot of old data which I cannot remove in bulk.

Reason for choosing Paymo

They were overkill for what I needed, too large and cumbersome, lots of unnecessary features made my experience time consuming and sluggish, not to mention much more expensive.

Reasons for switching to Paymo

Google tasks was good because it synced with Google Calendar, but was very limited and time consuming to use. We have always used Paymo for billing, from day dot.

Thank you, David! We also have a Google Calendar integration, check it here: https://help.paymoapp.com/en/articles/3545290-google-calendar-integration As for time tracking, you can now copy/paste time records inside the timesheets area - be sure to try it out! Please submit the bulk time entry selection suggestion on our community forum: https://community.paymoapp.com/ Usually, the most upvoted ones get built. Thank you again, Marcel

Vy

Design, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2020

Paymo Review

Very positive and efficient. Would definitely recommend to others in the industry.

PROS

Very User friendly and efficient in terms of hour and task breakdowns.

CONS

Too many categories. Sometimes I get lost when trying to input my time.

Reasons for switching to Paymo

Core was very un-user friendly. It was frustrating to input hours and break down tasks. They also had too many restrictions depending on subscription base. Very difficult to use.

Hi Vy, Thank you for giving us a review! Not sure what you mean with "too many categories" - can you be more specific? If you're referring to modules, then here's a video on how to enable only those that you want to use: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAwY7m3I_kw

Taylor

Paymo is the Best Task-Managing Platform I've Used

Overall Paymo is the best task managing platform I've used. It's clean, simple and user friendly. I would definitely recommend Paymo to other companies.

PROS

I like the flexibility of Paymo. Things are tailored to each day because it makes planning out large projects easier. It also allows for more productivity because we can see what needs to get done for each client right on the main screen. Paymo is also clean and pleasing to look at.

CONS

Something I would like to see improved is the "Progress" settings. As a design/web development company, we have a lot of projects that need to get approved by multiple people so we constantly have dozens of tasks pending/stuck. If there could be a section made specifically for stuck/pending/follow up tasks just to make our Home page less cluttered that would be helpful.

Reasons for switching to Paymo

Other platforms we've used weren't as userfriendly and weren't as simple to track time/bill people with.

Thank you, Taylor! I think there's a fix to your problem: project status. You can customize them as you wish to better reflect your process: https://help.paymoapp.com/en/articles/977872-how-to-use-project-statuses Then filter after them for a top-level view of what you're interested:https://help.paymoapp.com/en/articles/888757-how-do-i-filter-projects-by-status Did you try them out? We can hear each other at support@paymoapp.com :)

Savannah

Architecture & Planning, 2-10 employees

Best All-around Project Management APP

Before Paymo, our office lived off of legal notepads and envelope folders. It was a nightmare. With Paymo, we can just type in a project name or client and see exactly what's due, needs to be invoiced, etc. A huge problem solver for us is the record keeping aspect. Since we can attach notes and files to projects, we are easily able to identify a change request. It was all to often a client would blame us for making a change to a project they did not request, but now we have proof every step of the way. It's been a life-saver.

PROS

After testing dozens of other project management programs, we finally found Paymo and have never turned back. Paymo is intuitive; we needed no training and were able to implement it right away with all our employees in the office. The app is web-based so we are able to access our projects and tasks wherever we need to. This was especially helpful during the 2020 Covid Quarantine wherein our whole office had to work from individual homes. Paymo organizes all of our projects with tasks, clients, and billing. They even now have the ability to export invoices directly from paymo to Quickbooks or Xero, so we have all we need and less double working to get invoices sent out. The projects are customizable with task lists, templates, and custom project statuses so it's easy to see where each project currently stands. The time-tracking function is amazing! Many of our projects are billed by time, so that was a must have feature that Paymo does flawlessly. Everyday we enter the office, the first thing that boots up is Paymo and every team member immediately sees their assigned tasks for the day and the following, so there is no wasted time to find assignments. For project managers, the current worked on projects are just a screen away so we know exactly what is being worked on at any given moment no matter where teams are. They are also the best customer service team we've seen so far. When we have technical issue, we can send a message right from the app and get a response fast.

CONS

The only item we are dissapointed in is the scheduling. Our teams works on fast tasks that sometimes need to be scheduled down the hour of day. There is a scheduling calendar that lets you see all assigned tasks but it requires and extra step to actual "book" the tasks in order to move them around on that calendar and see remaining work hours when needed. This is our number one obstacle BUT we have been informed there is a major updated coming that will fix this and we are very excited! Another very small thing that we don't like about paymo is the notification setting that cant be changed. Paymo is great about in-app notifications, it's helpful to see updates in real-time right at the top of the screen. But the issue is for project managers. If someone other than the project manager creates a task for a team-member, than the project manager will not receive notifications if said task was completed regardless of being assigned as a manager of the project. However, we feel we can work around it temporarily until it can be fixed. So overall, with those two items aside Paymo is the best program out there and much more affordable than many we tested out before.

Reason for choosing Paymo

Ease of use and implementation. Ability to use with our business style. Price. Export abilities with quickbooks. Customization. Project task visibility. Paymo made making and seeing tasks easy, so nothing gets left behind or forgotten. Contact option. Many other programs could organize projects but wouldn't have clients organization or billing. Paymo has is all, so we only need this one program.

Thank you Savannah for taking the time to review us :) Indeed, I remember we spoke already about the new team scheduling update, which will allow you to schedule bookings at a task level - stay tuned. As for the user rights, these will suffer some changes with the addition of the client portal with in-app access to guest users. Please make sure to also voice this out on our community forum: https://community.paymoapp.com/t/in-progress-client-portal-collaboration/67/51 Thank you again! Marcel

Krystle Chanel