• Pros

• "The interface is super easy and fun to use, and the unlimited project feature fits my needs perfectly. "

• "It is incredibly easy to use and intuitive in its layout. "

• "I love the ease of use when it comes to time tracking. I usually jump between projects and the app makes it really easy to switch between jobs. The 5-min idle time reminder is great as well. "

• Cons

• "While it is easy to use, it's pretty lacking in features - other management and time tracking tools have more features (like easy ways to access documents, add detailed notes, etc.)"

• "The demo project is ok but I needed a kill switch for it. Deleting the demo data and retain everything else. Else it is perfect."

• "We feel like the app could do with some work but the desktop version is great!"

Browse Paymo Reviews

Neal from Bauer Graphics

Industry: Graphic Design

Paymo has grown, evolved, and expanded alongside of the needs of our business.

Seriously, everything! I mentioned time tracking earlier but Paymo also does project management, client management, invoicing, estimation, Zapier integration, scheduling, team tasking...and the list goes on and on.

Pros

Time tracking is seamlessly integrated into our current designer workflow. This allows us to calculate the actual time spent on the job so clients understand where their money is being spent. It also allows us to identify where we need to increase project costs (9/10 times it's with 'customer correspondence').

Cons

We've been with Paymo for over 10 years so it was a bit of a kick when they started charging for functionality like Gant Charts. We've always loved the complete 'soup-to-nuts' service that Paymo offered so when certain items were put behind another paywall it definitely stung a bit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reasons for Choosing Paymo

It comes down to 'bread and butter' of time tracking and project management. We've since added Slack and Trello to our ranks, but have never found a better, more cost-effective way of managing our day-to-day operations than Paymo.

Response from Paymo

Replied June 2020

Loved the "(9/10 times it's with customer correspondence)" part, Neal :) Besides Gantt Charts, the Business plan also comes with a Team Scheduling module, 100 GB of storage, and priority support. We found this plan to be more appealing to larger teams, that's why we've decided to include it in a separate plan. What specifically do you need from Gantt Charts, the ability to set dependencies or see task deadlines on a calendar? If it's the latter one, then I have some good news: we're going to launch a task calendar view in the near future, so stay tuned!

Leticia from Pengreen Design

Our main tool to run the business

We have been working with Paymo for more than 5 years now and over the years we've seen constant improvement with new features. It's a rich feature tool for a low price and it suits our company as no other does, not only in what they offer but in an intuitive and easy-to-use tool. The timer, invoices using the timesheet, team scheduling, sending estimates, all those make the difference in our business and has help us to save and make money.

Pros

The timer is the best feature of Paymo. We search a lot but none of the other tools allows us to easy time our work and bill our clients as Paymo, with an always-visible timer. And the ability to bill our clients with the timesheet completes our process perfectly.

Cons

It's lacking a client portal, where they have all information about their project and invoices

Reasons for Choosing Paymo

The always-visible timer and invoicing with timesheet abilities.

Response from Paymo

Replied June 2020

Time tracking FTW, Leticia - thank you :) I think there's a misunderstanding. The current client portal allows clients to view their invoices. Just be sure to add them as contacts too: https://help.paymoapp.com/en/articles/900000-how-do-i-add-a-contact-to-a-client They can't see the project progress, something that is going to be fixed with the next release of the client portal. That will grant guest users in-app access. This is our #1 priority right now, so stay tuned! Kind regards, Marcel

Cameron from Needham SOlutions LLC

Monopolize you cause you can't export ANYTHING easily

Would NOT recommend it to anyone who has even the slightest of "outside the box" process for projects or billing/invoices.

Pros

Yet another system that after several months of use only did what we needed it too at 75% of the way, then AFTER buying into the "huge discount" and special they had going, did I find out they do not allow refunds at all! If you put ANY data into the system and ever need to export it for any reasons ...find a data entry person and hope you didn't enter a lot of information because unless you are a developer that can setup custom API's...your info is stuck in their system! You can enter clients, companies, etc. and change view to "Table" and see it in table mode, but that view still only gives you the general company information, NOT the contacts for that company and that is 1 of 2, yes that is right 2 places in the entire system of everything you may have entered where you can download/export that view into Excel/CSV file....everything else is PDF if you are lucky!! If you are a VERY small, VERY basic bookkeeping/accounting freelancer (NO TEAM, just you and very basic billing) - fine, it may work...but if you have more than 1 person in your team other than you, have different rates or even the SLIGHTEST out of the norm billing or cycles...GOOD LUCK!!! I am furious with this system after being told what it could do and I explained in detail, and "oh yeah, that is not a problem at all"...only to find out, everything I explained about what we needed, went in one ear and out the other just to make the sale...now I have a barely usable system and wasted $$$$!!

Cons

Can't export anything unless you have a developer standing bye. System is very "inside the box" thinking even after being told it would easily do what I had explained that I needed it to do support seems to take longer than usual and they are quick to respond with an answer that has NOTHING to do with what you originally asked (bots maybe?!?!) Can't get a refund, no matter how many lies they told you to make the sale in the first place!!!

Reasons for Choosing Paymo

Because I am an idiot and made a mistake and now I am paying for it...literally - I am now out lots of money cause they won't refund people!!

Response from Paymo

Replied January 2020

Hi Cameron, Sorry to see you disappointed. Our goal is to help you improve the way you work, not to sell you on something. Indeed, you can export client, project, user lists, as well as time reports in csv format - invoices and Gantt Charts are available in PDF only. However, due to the fact that there's no standardised data structure for project management data, the only practical way to export it is via our API. And no, we're no bots, and don't force anyones hand to make a sale.

Krystle Chanel from Krystle Chanel Co

I finally found the one!

It is important to note that Paymo isn't idle in enhancing its software. Not only that, but new features are thoughtful and integrated seamlessly with the tool. I appreciate this because I have used other software that seem to have their priorities mixed up when releasing enhancements; adding things that don't move the needle ahead of things that do.

Pros

After years of using project management software for both myself and companies I've worked for, I found the right tool for the job for my personal, small business as a marketing coach and online entrepreneur. Until I build a team, I'm using Paymo for myself, and other tools are not always price-sensitive for a solo user. I appreciate that Paymo provides an option to pay for one user until I'm ready to grow. A particular feature I was looking for was the option to view all projects on a single Kanban board. In the rare case that I found this option, it was a significant upgrade to acquire. But Paymo offers this and it's super easy to use! Other features I love: - Time-tracking/timesheet: Visual representation of where my time goes. I use the in-app timer every day. - Flexible viewing options: I can easily switch between list, table, board, and Gantt views, with easy to use filters that allow me to see exactly what I want. No custom reports or views need created - which can be time-consuming and inflexible (enterprise tools). - Note: The user experience of the Gantt chart was also what I was looking for. It is drag and drop and allows you to adjust your timeline from within the view. There's so much to love about Paymo! And that is saying a lot coming from someone who has researched and used as many tools as I have - including enterprise solution, Workfront. Paymo is definitely worth giving a try!

Cons

I wish there was a way to invite collaborators/reviewers like there is in Asana. If I want a coaching client to be able to collaborate, there is no way to do this without paying for another user. This is superficial, but, the name! When I tell people about Paymo, they immediately think it's a financial tool, not a project management tool, based on the name. I would hate for this to hold Paymo back in the market.

Response from Paymo

Replied June 2020

You sure did your researh, Krystle, thank you for the review :) Actually, we're working on an improved client portal with in-app access to guest users, so they can collaborate with you on the same page. This is our #1 priority atm, so stay tuned! As for our name, this goes back more than 10 years when we started out as a time tracking and billing tool. The purpose was to use the app and GET PAID MORE, hence Paymo :) Hope this helps, thank you again!

Savannah from Paragon Home Designs

Best All-around Project Management APP

Before Paymo, our office lived off of legal notepads and envelope folders. It was a nightmare. With Paymo, we can just type in a project name or client and see exactly what's due, needs to be invoiced, etc. A huge problem solver for us is the record keeping aspect. Since we can attach notes and files to projects, we are easily able to identify a change request. It was all to often a client would blame us for making a change to a project they did not request, but now we have proof every step of the way. It's been a life-saver.

Pros

After testing dozens of other project management programs, we finally found Paymo and have never turned back. Paymo is intuitive; we needed no training and were able to implement it right away with all our employees in the office. The app is web-based so we are able to access our projects and tasks wherever we need to. This was especially helpful during the 2020 Covid Quarantine wherein our whole office had to work from individual homes. Paymo organizes all of our projects with tasks, clients, and billing. They even now have the ability to export invoices directly from paymo to Quickbooks or Xero, so we have all we need and less double working to get invoices sent out. The projects are customizable with task lists, templates, and custom project statuses so it's easy to see where each project currently stands. The time-tracking function is amazing! Many of our projects are billed by time, so that was a must have feature that Paymo does flawlessly. Everyday we enter the office, the first thing that boots up is Paymo and every team member immediately sees their assigned tasks for the day and the following, so there is no wasted time to find assignments. For project managers, the current worked on projects are just a screen away so we know exactly what is being worked on at any given moment no matter where teams are. They are also the best customer service team we've seen so far. When we have technical issue, we can send a message right from the app and get a response fast.

Cons

The only item we are dissapointed in is the scheduling. Our teams works on fast tasks that sometimes need to be scheduled down the hour of day. There is a scheduling calendar that lets you see all assigned tasks but it requires and extra step to actual "book" the tasks in order to move them around on that calendar and see remaining work hours when needed. This is our number one obstacle BUT we have been informed there is a major updated coming that will fix this and we are very excited! Another very small thing that we don't like about paymo is the notification setting that cant be changed. Paymo is great about in-app notifications, it's helpful to see updates in real-time right at the top of the screen. But the issue is for project managers. If someone other than the project manager creates a task for a team-member, than the project manager will not receive notifications if said task was completed regardless of being assigned as a manager of the project. However, we feel we can work around it temporarily until it can be fixed. So overall, with those two items aside Paymo is the best program out there and much more affordable than many we tested out before.

Reasons for Choosing Paymo

Ease of use and implementation. Ability to use with our business style. Price. Export abilities with quickbooks. Customization. Project task visibility. Paymo made making and seeing tasks easy, so nothing gets left behind or forgotten. Contact option. Many other programs could organize projects but wouldn't have clients organization or billing. Paymo has is all, so we only need this one program.

Response from Paymo

Replied June 2020

Thank you Savannah for taking the time to review us :) Indeed, I remember we spoke already about the new team scheduling update, which will allow you to schedule bookings at a task level - stay tuned. As for the user rights, these will suffer some changes with the addition of the client portal with in-app access to guest users. Please make sure to also voice this out on our community forum: https://community.paymoapp.com/t/in-progress-client-portal-collaboration/67/51 Thank you again! Marcel

Jonathan from Digilocker Design

Impressed

Overall I have been really impressed with Paymo, it has merged many of the tools I would often have to use seperate services for and that alone is a massive time & cost saver. Support has been excellent in the few times I have had to contact them, & I have enjoyed implementing the service as the hub for my project management needs. I look forward to the updates the Paymo team bring in the future.

Pros

The biggest selling point for me was the project management facility alongside the app & timer for time tracking. Prior to this I had used a mix of Toggl + Trello, then when I moved to Quickbooks TSheets + Trello + Quickbooks. Switching to Paymo streamlined this so that I could do all the project management and time tracking in one suite. Quickbooks integration was a necessity also considering all my finances have been handled there too. Support has been excellent as well, tickets are resolved quickly and always someone available to give a helping hand or to receive feedback.

Cons

The biggest con was actually a feature I asked about before signing up for a subscription. At present the task management boards have no guest access facility. This was a feature I was really looking for as previously I used Trello to share proofs & receive feedback from clients. Having contacted support they have informed me that this feature is on the roadmap and undergoing testing, so hopefully will arrive in the not too distant future. The web application could also benefit from more keyboard shortcuts as well. This is something I miss from Trello that was incredibly useful, but will mention to support as a feature request, alongside a dark mode or more options for theming the application. (There are chrome extensions that can partially cover this, but native support would be even more appreciated).

Reasons for Choosing Paymo

I felt it was better value for my needs, and offered the integrated Quick-books facilities that were necessary to replace TSheets.

Response from Paymo

Replied June 2020

Happy to hear that we streamline not just time tracking, but invoicing (including the QB integration)! Indeed, the client portal with in-app access to guest users is our #1 priority. It's a large task, with a lot of implications, so we're making sure to check all the community's needs :) Shortcuts will be more frequent too. Kind regards, Marcel

Sofia from Freelancer

Can't live without Paymo

When I started freelancing in 2018 I lost weeks looking and testing all sorts of software I could find to help me organize my projects and clients, rates, deadlines, tasks, and invoicing. I tested more than a dozen and Paymo had it all. Some minor adjustments to fit some of my projects, but with Paymo I have a software that tracks my work on a daily basis, I can easily understand my workload and plan in advance, I can share work reports with my clients and easily invoice them, I can have as many clients, projects and tasks I want and all I can say is that I couldn't live without it anymore. Having the possibility to track my time on each task helps me understand how much should I charge for future similar projects which is pretty awesome. The only thing that Paymo doesn't do for me is bringing me coffee :D It's very simple to use and I can link time with tasks by having predefined rules or quickly selecting them. Adding whatever needed and setting up deadlines, priorities and status is really quick and intuitive. One of the most complete software I've used and where I can customize as I want to without needing a master degree to have things working like I want :) Great and nice team too that always provided quick support and feedback whenever needed, which is equally important. Love it. Great work guys

Pros

For me, PaymoPlus TimeTracking software is the best feature that Paymo offers. Easy to set up, don't miss any working time and gives me the chance to understand the tasks where I spend most of the time. The time reports are great to understand what is more time consuming from my daily tasks and the fact that I can have several projects and clients makes it so easy to work with. The fact that I can use an automated software to track my tasks made me safe a lot of time. With other similar time tracking apps I tested, I always needed to trigger it manually or take a lot of steps. With PaymoPlus, just start recording it and nothing is missed. It captures all your activity

Cons

There's nothing I like the least, but maybe it would be nice to have more dynamic ways of adding rates or billing options. As a freelancer, I often work at a specific rate per word (for example translations and proofreading), or rate per article, so it would be helpful to have such options of adding different rate settings.

Reasons for Choosing Paymo

Has it all, easy to use, I'm a huge fan of PaymoPlus as it tracks all that I do over the day and it's easy and quick to link to customers and tasks. I'm a freelancer so many of the apps available fit more teams than just one person hence offering stuff I really didn't need. Some of the tools I tried were nice but always missed at least one or 2 features I really needed. Many didn't have a live time tracker, and the ones that had some sort of time tracking option was a pain to use. I wanted something that did it for me in the easiest way possible, didn't have invoice options, etc. I also found some of the software was too complicated to use, not user-friendly nor intuitive and the worst, you need to adjust and adapt to the software instead of the other way around, where you can customize and set up all at your own preferences and way of working. Customization is a big plus with Paymo and comparing the number and quality of features it offers, it's a fair price to pay for. I tested a few more than I included but can't remember the names anymore...

Response from Paymo

Replied June 2020

Thank you Sofia for your kind feedback :) You can in fact add flat rate tasks, that have an independent value from the task hourly budget. This would work for articles (unfortunately don't have a solution for words now, it's a bit too granular). Did you try them out? You can also write us at support@paymoapp.com so we can further guide you :)

David from MM&B Studio

Tracking time and managing payments with agility

Back in 2009 we started a fledgling web design company called FreshSpark Creative. Paymo was just starting out and seeking customers, help and ideas. We were able to request certain features which were implemented, the foundations of what would become an excellent working relationship. In 2012 I started my second company and we had 5 full time staff using the platform in 2016. As we became VAT registered we were unfortunately forced to use Xero for our billing to comply with UK regs, but that only demonstrated how good Paymo was - Xero is incredibly sluggish, lots of micromanagement and lacks the quality of design which we strive to portray as a business. We modified the set up of our business to help deal with the issues caused by Brexit and I once again use Paymo for all time keeping and billing. Paymo has been a constant in my professional life as a business director, alongside Google Mail and Google Cal.

Pros

Fast and effective management of time and resources. I love how easy it is to log time, create invoices and complete all my accounting obligations as a UK business owner quickly and stylishly.

Cons

I guess my biggest dislike is the new timesheets view, the hitboxes on the time entries seem to be slightly out of sync with the visual modules. Also as I have been using the software for over 10 years, there is a lot of old data which I cannot remove in bulk.

Reasons for Choosing Paymo

They were overkill for what I needed, too large and cumbersome, lots of unnecessary features made my experience time consuming and sluggish, not to mention much more expensive.

Response from Paymo

Replied June 2020

Thank you, David! We also have a Google Calendar integration, check it here: https://help.paymoapp.com/en/articles/3545290-google-calendar-integration As for time tracking, you can now copy/paste time records inside the timesheets area - be sure to try it out! Please submit the bulk time entry selection suggestion on our community forum: https://community.paymoapp.com/ Usually, the most upvoted ones get built. Thank you again, Marcel

Federico from DTC

All the features to manage my work, projects and invoicing

First of all, Paymo is easy to begin to use. I need to keep a record of the time and tasks I execute in the projects I work, but also I need to invoice my clients. Some invoice should be sent recurring, so I needed that feature. Also, I found that Paymo have an API to import my current clients and projects.

Pros

I was using another sowftware but no new features were realeased during years and the support was inexistent. Then I searched for another software to help me to organize my work and tested a lot of options. Paymo was perfect for what I was looking for and the support service was always ready. Also, since I was using the software new features were realeased.

Cons

It was not easy to understand how the recurring invoices work, so I have to read some help documents. I think that general usability is good, but I think that some features should be made more easy to use.

Response from Paymo

Replied June 2020

Thank you, Federicoo! Can you write us on our community forum (https://community.paymoapp.com/) about how we can improve recurring invoices and the other features you have in mind? We're always open for feedback :)

Krystian from Widelab

Good PM tool

Very good

Pros

We were looking for a simple tool that will combine simplicity of usage together with a lot of features (PM, Tracking, Reporting, Financial Overview) and fast at the same time. Paymo did it!

Cons

Nothing, the app is doing a great job.

Simplicity, number of features

Response from Paymo

Replied June 2020

Thank you, Krystian! We've added the possibility to copy/paste a time entry inside the Timesheets module. Check it out, as well as our Team Scheduling module (if you haven't already): https://help.paymoapp.com/en/collections/34726-team-scheduling It makes the resource allocation much easier for teams of 10+, displaying workloads, availabilities, and leave days on the same timeline. Cheers, Marcel

Ilan from Ilan Golan Studio

Software that surves me as a freelance individual for years.

I use Paymo since it's the first version. Back those days I used the Paymo Plus desktop app, recording absolutely everything I do on my computer. By the end of the day, I reorganized everything. It helped me to find "holes" in my schedule, where I spent too much time on social networks and the internet. Today I plan my week, I collect data about my tasks, searching where can I improve myself. I see how many clients do I have since I started freelancing. All of them there! I manage who is an important client, which one is the most paying one. I often use Timesheets set to a weekly view, so I can see how much I busy this week. A homepage quickly shows all my tasks and a dashboard helps me to see my progress.

Pros

Paymo can serve big companies with a large number of users and departments. For me as an individual, Paymo is one place for managing my clients, projects, task, and time. One of the first and absolutely necessary things for me as a freelancer is good, simple to use time management tool. Paymo has an implemented live timer that is connected to all my tasks and projects of a specific client. Not less important is the ability to produce smart time reports I send to my clients and get paid by. Half of my tasks are in Hebrew, and Paymo works just great with RTL languages. This is crucial for my time of business. The report could be set by tasks, days, or other specific categories. The timer exists in the browsers when using the softer, but it also has a completely synchronized desktop app which I use for the most, and mobile app, which I use when I work outside my office.

Cons

Actually, Paymo has more features I'm sure I would use, like Gantt Chart, or Invoices, though this feature costs extra $19.95 per month and I prefer not to pay for it since it's not so necessary for my business.

Response from Paymo

Replied June 2020

Hi Ilan, Appreciate the kind words :) You must be on an old plan, as Invoices are now available under the Small Office plan ($11.95/user/mo) and Gantt Charts under the Business one ($18.95/user/mo).

Taylor from Gradient9 Studios

Paymo is the Best Task-Managing Platform I've Used

Overall Paymo is the best task managing platform I've used. It's clean, simple and user friendly. I would definitely recommend Paymo to other companies.

Pros

I like the flexibility of Paymo. Things are tailored to each day because it makes planning out large projects easier. It also allows for more productivity because we can see what needs to get done for each client right on the main screen. Paymo is also clean and pleasing to look at.

Cons

Something I would like to see improved is the "Progress" settings. As a design/web development company, we have a lot of projects that need to get approved by multiple people so we constantly have dozens of tasks pending/stuck. If there could be a section made specifically for stuck/pending/follow up tasks just to make our Home page less cluttered that would be helpful.

Response from Paymo

Replied June 2020

Thank you, Taylor! I think there's a fix to your problem: project status. You can customize them as you wish to better reflect your process: https://help.paymoapp.com/en/articles/977872-how-to-use-project-statuses Then filter after them for a top-level view of what you're interested:https://help.paymoapp.com/en/articles/888757-how-do-i-filter-projects-by-status Did you try them out? We can hear each other at support@paymoapp.com :)

Pavol from riverstone s.r.o.

Paymo is a great software across platforms

Paymo helps to organize, plan and report our projects

Pros

Easy to learn, easy to use, with lot of features, super support, progressive software, they add lot of integrations, mobile apps, use via web browser

Cons

Some features wait for upgrade, iPad integration missing

Reasons for Choosing Paymo

Paymo has a mobile app, portfolio gantt chart, time tracking, invoicing, etc. And paymo is really nice software.

Response from Paymo

Replied June 2020

Thank you, Pavol! Can you tell me more about those features that you're talking about? iPad support is not in our plans atm - sorry! You can write us at support@paymoapp.com and ask for Marcel ;) Cheers!

Kassidy from Patuo'kn Illustration and Design

Small business-friendly software!

The ability to automate the majority of our processes, and keep our project management happening in one place, has been very relieving and has boosted our efficiency. Before using Paymo we had separate processes and locations for our project management, invoice creation, estimate creation, etc. and the majority of these were done manually. Paymo is cutting down on time taken up by those manual processes, and we have been able to streamline our project management in a way that is more clear to us and our clients. We are gradually populating the Projects and Clients pages with anything we've done up to this point -- it's a lot of work but it's worth it to us now that we know Paymo is such a great software that has benefitted us as we are moving into our second year as a small business.

Pros

Paymo helped our small business organize projects and boosted automation functions of our working process really well. We were already used to tracking time under project tasks before trying Paymo, but we were looking for a software that could streamline the full process from the start of a project to the end, while covering the financial aspects as well. The best thing about Paymo is the ability to automate the working process through templates, and to be able to customize at every level. We also really appreciate the Help Center (the attention to detail and clear explanations have been very useful) and customer support.

Cons

It was pretty time consuming at first to get set up on Paymo and learn how to make it work for us, but this can be true for any new software. A more thorough tutorial or very obvious recommendations to use the Help Center would have helped us at the beginning -- it took a bit of time for me to discover all of the great pages on the Help Center. There are some very specific features that would be useful to us that are not currently options: 1. An option to round-down instead of round-up in increments of time for time reports. 2. More user-friendly and intuitive customizing options for the templates, instead of relying on custom code to really change the appearance. 3. A pay roll feature to track pay days/periods and previous pay for employees, as an extension of time reports or time sheets. 4. The ability to manually edit the "Cost" sections on templates, after they have been automatically filled while adding from a project's tasks or time sheets. 5. Something to consider in the future is adding an entire new feature focused on the financial statements side of accounting. This would be very attractive since it would mean having nearly all of our business management happening in the same place. We are still getting used to Paymo and all of its functions, so may have more feedback in the future!

Response from Paymo

Replied June 2020

Appreciate your thoughts, Kassidy! Sorry to hear about the onboarding process, we do offer free sessions on-demand, so please write me at marcel@paymoapp.com to schedule one :) Here's also a quick video tutorial about the new interface: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAwY7m3I_kw As for the feature requests, it's best to post/uvpote them on our community forum so they get more visibility: https://community.paymoapp.com/ Keep in touch, Marcel

Mitch from Bay Town Creative

Best in the Biz (I think)

Pros

What do I like best - the value. When searching for a solution Paymo offered the most for the least and has been continuously working to improve the APP. I work remotely and have been using Paymo to track clients and send time reports to my office for billing a few years now and it has worked flawlessly. The time tracker is great, the time reports are great. There is, I am sure, a tonne of functionality that I haven't even tapped into but it does everything I need very quickly and cleanly. Navigating is a breeze, editing is a breeze, and exporting reports is a breeze.

Cons

My least favorite thing is that every time Paymo refreshes I have to set up all of my preferences again. I have to switch the view, add in a filter to see the projects the way I want, adjust the Time Report forms back the way I had them set up yesterday. Just switching the view from List to Table should be something I should be able to lock-in as a default view.

Reasons for Choosing Paymo

We chose Paymo mostly for value. It offered the most (at the time - I haven't shopped around in a while) for the least and part of the criteria when we were searching to replace the self-hosted open-source software we were using at the time (I don't remember what it was called - 2014 installed through Softaculous on the cPanel). But also, we chose Paymo because the UI was great. It looked good and was really intuitive to get around the app. It has only gotten better.

Response from Paymo

Replied January 2020

Good news, Mitch: time reports will be upgraded and support a more used friendly interface. About the preference issue, can you please write it down on our community forum so it gets more traction from the community? https://community.paymoapp.com/ Thank you!

Awesome issue management software with good time tracking

I would recommend this service to every middle sized company, which is looking for a good solid isseu tracking software.

Pros

The time tracking and the desktop app for tracking are one of the best I've seen so far. This is one of the major point we choose this service of others. The issue mgmt and reports are also quite handy.

Cons

The resource management could be improved and also some minor bugs.

Response from Paymo

Replied January 2020

Hey there, Our team scheduler is our spear-of-attack so to say, hence it's being constantly updated. Just recently, we've launched a remaining hours feature that allows you to see the available bookable hours at a project and user level in a simpler format: https://help.paymoapp.com/en/articles/3578183-view-at-a-glance-the-remaining-hours-at-a-project-and-user-level Expect more updates in this direction, like the ability to directly book a resource from the full task details. Cheers!

Leonardo from Lunardi Architecture

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Simple and beautiful online solution to handle my small design business time tracking needs.

The main reason for switching to this software is that it allowed my entire team to track time. After using the software for a few months, there have been several benefits from using the software: - Interface is very clean and allows to track much more data that I was able to do before. - As stated in the pros, one of the best feature of the software is that it allows users to create task lists individual for each project. This allows our office to set up each project exactly per the contract. This keeps a tight control on the time spent on the project and allows tracking of additional services that are not part of the original contract. - I am working on the invoice template for the office. If i am able to set this up correctly, invoicing time would be reduced significantly each month. - The ability to track time directly out of the windows environment is great. - I am not using the time tracking feature on my phone, mostly because i spend a lot of time sitting at a desk, however other people in the office are using this feature and are happy with it. - Next step for us is to start implementing control on billable hours per user. This will allow us to control billable time and help organize employee time and work.

Pros

I have looked at several options for my company and decided on Paymo for the following reasons: - The software has a very clean and intuitive interface - One of the best features is how you can customize how projects are set up and tracked. You generate a task list that is checked off as you move trough the project. This is an amazing feature that organizes the project while it tracks it. It took a lot of effort to re-design how my company tracks project but in the end I am very happy with results. - Pricing system is fair and scalable. - The software comes with a windows desktop application. It also has a more advanced feature where it automatically calculates how your time is used -I have not tired this yet because I don't think it would work for my office. - The ability to enter the time on a weekly calendar is fantastic. The software also has a bulk time add feature if needed. - I am able to export all of the data in CSV format - You are able to invoice directly out of the software - I have not been able to set up this feature yet but i am working with the support team to figure out how to make it work for my company. - The software has several features that I have not been able to implement yet. - Customer support has been great, answer is usually within an hour or two directly from the developers.

Cons

Below is a list of some of the limitations i have encountered using the software. - The calendar time-sheet input is great, but it should allow drag-paste feature. This would make entering time so much faster. Not a deal breaker, because in the end time input is fairly quick. - I was not able to import the data from my previous time-sheet software. I would like to see the option to import bulk time from an excel spreadsheet if needed. This is not a critical feature, but I have several years worth of data, that for now have to keep in a different software. - The software comes with some standard invoice formats, it does take some effort to create custom templates. Architectural service invoices tend to be fairly complicated, I have not been able to set up the invoices as I would like yet. Support is working with me on this issue, so hopefully I can report back once I have it all setup. - You can create custom reports for anything you want, so getting the data out is not a problem however I find that the process is a bit more tedious than what I was accustomed to before. To be fair I still need to learn the software.

Response from Paymo

Replied August 2018

Hi Leonardi, You can use click and drag in Timesheets in the Day and Week view to create new time entries. Data can be imported/exported by using our API. You can also clone time reports, so after you get your desired settings for one report, you can clone it and only change some of the settings.

Frank from Factstory

Constantly improving

Flexible and suitable for a lot of different projects. We gained a lot of insight through the visual data overviews. Tool is constantly improving: new features, upgrades, interface changes for the better. The customer service was friendly and personal. Paymo and DataFeedWatch are my two favorite customer teams. Definitly recommended!

Pros

- Great, flexible project management tool - perfectly scalable - a lot of features and handy shortcuts (saved project lists etc.) - provides a lot of insights per project and client - Very friendly and personal customer service. - Good value for the money

Cons

- Clients did not always get the tool instantly. But recent UX changes could make it easier for them - Communication with colleagues could get a bit chaotic, takes some time to implement in the workflow. - A lot of features requires good knowledye whats the best way to use the tool, so definitly assign someone to create a team workflow.

Pricing and UX

Response from Paymo

Replied January 2020

Hi Frank, Nicely worded, thank you! We're working on an improved client portal, with in-app access to guest users so they can contribute and view the project progress in real-time. Follow the thread for it here: https://community.paymoapp.com/t/in-progress-client-portal-collaboration/67/2 Onboarding-wise, the focus for 2020 is going to be on in-app tool tips and video tutorials. Hope this will help you! :)

David from Studio 21

The best I've found for the my industry

Excellent - great value for money, scalable if I need more users, and really easy to use.

Pros

I've found that the user interface and features available in Paymo out perform other software available.

Cons

I did like that you can create online signed contracts on Bonsai - this was great for the design industry as I tend to have ongoing contracts with clients.

Reasons for Choosing Paymo

Cost vs Features. I'm run a small company so need to keep cost as low as possible until I scale - Paymo is perfect as when I grow I can buy more users accounts.

Response from Paymo

Replied June 2020

Thank you, David! Do you mind upvoting this feature suggestion about contracts on our community forum: https://community.paymoapp.com/t/client-e-sign-contracts-and-agreements/221 Usually, the most upvoted ones get built. Thank you, Marcel

Luc from Futuron

Using it since 2016 and every update makes me happier

It works, never failed me. Questions with support are always quickly answered and they're very helpful.

Pros

I've been using this product since 2016 and did so in several ways. Every time an update is implemented it's surprises me on it's effectiveness. It just keeps running smoother and smoother. Besides that the tools in the app are nicely designed an clearly structured i like the (multiple) supporting apps to track time very useful. Also nicely integrated with other apps through API. It's just a great product.

Cons

I'm finding more and more ways to implement other workflows in there. My Getting things done method and trello (kanban) are easy to implement. Maybe a notetaking system to implement Zettelkasten (knowledgebase) in there aswell.

Response from Paymo

Replied June 2020

Thank you, Luc, for your kind words :) Please upvote this feature request on notes on our community forum to get more traction: https://community.paymoapp.com/t/wiki-or-notes-for-each-project/722

Liviu from Visual-Fix

Best Project Management Solution

It is really easy to keep track of all the work that has been done. I'm not sure if it's generally the best project management software out there, but it definitely is the best for our company and our business model.

Pros

In the beginning it was just a software that we could use to time track all our tasks and projects, but it grew on us and right now our business depends on it. It is really easy to use, very easy to keep an eye on the team, and extremely useful in keeping track of all the work that the team does.

Cons

There are not many cons to this software, but if I had to nitpick I would probably say it could have more financial management features, since this is the software that we use for invoicing and keeping track of our finances.

Reasons for Choosing Paymo

It has better features that help our business.

Response from Paymo

Replied January 2020

Hi Liviu, Kudos for your trust in us :) Would you mind telling us what additional financial management features do you want to see come to light? I'm asking since we're going to revamp the whole invoicing module, so it's best to submit your use case and suggestions on our community forum: https://community.paymoapp.com/ Thank you!

Jack Joseph from JB Graphic

Easy. Organized. Effective.

With Paymo I am able to solve problems and experience benefit. With the project tab I am able to see all of my projects, whether they be complete, inactive, archived, etc. I am also able to view tasks and task lists in different ways that allow me to effectively organize and plan my work day. Invoicing has become easier, as I am able to assign a client to an invoice and have it sent directly to the client's email address. Since my business is mostly run by rates, Paymo's time tracking feature along with the app helps me effectively track my time to charge my clients with the most accurate price. This also helps me with time sheets and time reporting, allowing me to plan for future clients to completely maximize profit.

Pros

Paymo's seamless design makes project management easy. With a simple menu sideline, it is easy to access all that your business needs to run in an organized and efficient manner. It is easy to add users, manage your subscription plan, view and add clients. Paymo's project tab is where you can view, manage, and assign projects and tasks to any user. Collaboration is EASY. And I love Paymo's Accounting tab also. Invoicing, expense input, estimates, and even recurring invoicing has never been simpler. I like how I was able to start with the free plan, then once my business grew I was able to easily switch to a more expansive plan.

Cons

I wish that I could have used more invoices in the free plan, just to grow my business a little bit more before spending more, but I am loving the subscription plan I am on at the moment.

Response from Paymo

Replied June 2020

Glad to know that you're enjoying the full suite of Paymo, Jack :) We're working on a few goodies, like an improved client portal, a calendar task view, and a new mobile app release. So stay tuned!

Holly from The Marketing GP

Paymo allows us to communicate and share client information with ease

Our business has grown since we started using Paymo, and it's great that we can grow with Paymo. We keep improving how we work and interact with Paymo and it is an integral part of the day-to-day of our business.

Pros

The scheduling tool has been a lifesaver. We have been using Paymo for year to manage our projects. All communication is via Paymo, to ensure there is one place where all updates are available to all staff. We recently started using scheduling

Cons

We feel like the app could do with some work but the desktop version is great!

Reasons for Choosing Paymo

It seemed to have more ability to have detailed information sharing through project updates etc

Response from Paymo

Replied June 2020

Kudos, Holly! Not sure if you reffered to the mobile app. If yes, then I'm glad to tell you it's going to include task assignment, rich task details, and comments in the next update that we're currently working on. Stay tuned!

Matt from Mighty Gnomes LLC

Best Time Tracking & Management Software

I've tried multiple time and task management products. Paymo has by far the best feature set for the price. It's not to complicated & the support is great. You get a task board, a solid UI, a great calendar that displays when tasks were done & it allows you to easily adjust those entries. By far my favorite tool for tracking tasks across multiple clients & the time spent.

Pros

Quick & easy to get started & great support. Managing tasks & time is awesome with Paymo. I am a huge fan of the calendar views. They have a great set of filters & tweaks you can make to the views. They also offer a great kanban board.

Cons

Invoices could be improved a bit but they're ok. I do need to spend some time learning more about how to build invoices with Paymo.

Response from Paymo

Replied June 2020

Appreciate the support, Matt! :) We've just launched the possibility to copy/paste a time entry inside the Timesheets area - be sure to check it out. Btw: a new, task calendar view it's on its way soon, so stay tuned!! As for the invoicing part, you can turn your timesheet data into an invoice or create one from scratch in multiple languages. Read our help page for a step-by-step guide: https://help.paymoapp.com/en/collections/34542-invoices Or write us at support@paymoapp.com

Catalina from Markodi

Time Saver and Easy to Use

I use it daily to create estimates & invoices in two languages and formats. Following-up on projects so I never miss a deadline. Following-up on payments, I am a one-man show and accounting can be time-consuming. But with Paymo I get everything in one place.

Pros

I have been using Paymo for years now. After long research this was the best app I found to my needs. Easy to implement and to use. I can add as many projects as I want, tasks, view these in different formats, and never undercharge again thanks to the awesome time tracker. I can add invoices and input payment dates, even when payment has been made in different installments. I can have recurring payments, create estimates, and convert these to invoices. And the price is ideal.

Cons

Nothing. I love the software. I would love to see a CRM implementation since these guys know how to build amazing software.

Response from Paymo

Replied June 2020

Happy to be a match for your needs, Catalina :) No intentions to build a CRM atm. What you could do is to customize your own sales/pipeline workflow, then view tasks via the Meta Kanban Board. If you want to see the progression of a project through a pipeline, then I recommend project statuses. Feel free to post this suggestion on our community forum so it gets more traction: https://community.paymoapp.com/ Thank you!

Andrew from Kay Media

Paymo Review

Support is great!

Pros

The ease of use and ability to switch views of dashboards, tasks is great. The functionality of tracking time without using a third-party tool is also great.

Cons

No desktop or mobile version and cost is slightly higher than competition.

Response from Paymo

Replied January 2020

Hi Andrew, Thank you for the kind words! We believe in the power of web and want to make Paymo accessible from everywhere, that's why we've opted for a web version. The only desktop apps that we have are the desktop widget and PaymoPlus - download them here: https://www.paymoapp.com/downloads-and-integrations/ As for the cost, it's a bit of a subjective matter. We couple task management with time tracking, planning, resource scheduling, invoicing, and leave planner - so we pretty much replace the cost of 3-4 apps on average. Not sure which competitors you've tested us against, so can't make a definitive comment. Cheers, Marcel

Peter from University of St Andrews

Team management made easy

Paymo has transformed how our team works, making time tracking easy and allowing our project managers to accurately assign work to colleagues.

Pros

You can create custom invoice templates, some of our invoices can be rather complicated but Paymo made it easy to set them up. The time tracking feature is incredibly easy to use, when trialing other applications our staff would always lose interest and forget to update theirs after a few weeks. With Paymo it was so easy to use that our staff have actually stuck with it! Paymo is constantly being updated based on user feedback, the developers really do listen to their community!

Cons

Tracking a large number of projects at one time can get quite confusing, you can label and categorise them but when working with tens' of small(ish) projects the user interface get's rather busy. The ability to import previous projects / calendars would be excellent, currently these have to be manually entered in.

Response from Paymo

Replied January 2020

Hi Peter, I might use this testimonial on our website :D Yes, we're aware of the speed problems and already take active steps towards improving it. As for the import function, that's a bit tricky since there's a lot of apps to import data from and no one standard format. Can you write us at support@paymoapp.com about the tool you want to import projects from? For existing projects in Paymo, you have the project templates. Thanks!

Karen from consulting services

Excellent Time Tracking and Team Scheduling Application

Pros

easy to use, reliable, accurate time tracking. Robust features. Unlimited clients and projects. Each project will have a dashboard showing total hours worked and how many tasks out of total have been completed. Projects can be tracked by custom categories, like bid, active, on hold, lost/won, archived. Task view can be switched between list, table, and kanban; users can collaborate by commenting on tasks, attaching files, assigning the task, and setting due dates. Team Scheduling allows you to see who is busy (or overwhelmed) and who is free to work on more tasks. Accounting features: Invoicing, Estimates, Expenses. The built-in timer makes tracking time spent working on tasks quick and easy.

Cons

Paymo is constantly improving this software and adding great, new features. One that would be helpful is the ability for each user to have a view showing all the tasks assigned to them, sorted by due date. Currently there is a My Tasks section, but it only sorts by Project Name.

Response from Paymo

Replied August 2018

Hi Karen, With adding the Home area we also improved the My tasks area and added more filters and different views.

Aaron from Thrive Web Designs

Paymo is great for time tracking and more!

Paymo makes tracking time a breeze with great management features and role capabilities. Absolutely love the granular control on the reports and ability to manage users, projects, tasks and more. Support has always been super helpful - only contacted them twice in the last 4 years though...so that should say something. Shop approved!

Pros

We've been using Paymo in our web development shop now for years. We love the time tracking widget and always have it up on our desktops or phone to track the time we spend bouncing from project to project. Forgot to turn off the timer? No problem - can easily fix it and be on your way. Setting up projects, tasks, user management - all a breeze. The Paymo team keeps coming out with new features and what used to be just a time tracking tool is now becoming a full on project management tool. We're actually looking to expand how we use Paymo very soon...

Cons

For how we're using it right now, we don't use all the project management features and have found that PaymoWidget 4.0.19 actually works better for what we need presently. As we move our org forward though, we'll be adopting their newest widget.

Olga from Hiru Estudio

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Great app for small business

We have been using Paymo for two years and it has become an essential tool for our business: we control our database of clients, projects, budgets, times and offer a professional image with the invoicing. Also, we use it as basic CRM. We are happy with the customer service and with the best and updates that are added to the app.

Pros

Paymo is very useful for budget and billing control, time tracking and customer and project management.

Cons

I would like it to have more advanced functionalities like CRM

Response from Paymo

Replied June 2020

Appreciate the feedback, Olga! Indeed, we have no CRM function per se. What we have instead is a light client databse in the form of the Client module. You can then filter after them in the Clients Table View: https://help.paymoapp.com/en/articles/3064844-clients-table-view Would this help?

Carlin from UpTech

Great user experience

Great, it was easy to get up and running

Pros

Their support is top-notch and gives genuine replies. Not some generic FAQ bs

Cons

Could be quicker to organise tasks and colour code project in the menus

Reasons for Choosing Paymo

Modern UI and seemed to have better ongoing support

Response from Paymo

Replied June 2020

Thank you for taking your time, Carlin! Can you write us at support@paymoapp.com to give us more details about how could tasks be organized better? Thank you, Marcel

Leonardo from Strongway

Industry: Graphic Design

A reliable way to track your time and obligations

Nowadays I use it as the primary way of knowing where we stand in terms of workload and obligations. I can easily know what the team hast to do, and what are the tasks' statuses, and whether they are under budget.

Pros

What I like the most is how it helped me have a grasp of the worked time, which in turn helped me structure prices and give estimates and deadlines.

Cons

I use the team scheduling a lot, but I still miss the ability to navigate directly from a task to its booking.

Reasons for Choosing Paymo

Paymo had time tracking for free at the time

Response from Paymo

Replied June 2020

A pleasure as always, Leonardo! You will soon be able to schedule bookings directly from the full task details, have sent you a screenshot already ;)

May 2016

Colin from Quantos

May 2016

Deceptively well-designed app/software. Excellent value and clever too.

Do the free trial to see why. You'll get an initial impression that compared to the feature rich apps of Wrike, Asana, Basecamp, Teamwork and many others that Paymo is fairly simple. It is but it has some very-well considered functionality around user permissions, pricing and invoice/report generation. The user interface again looks simple but works great. For us, what's great about Paymo is: 1. Pricing. Great at $4.95 per user. That's a real per user price. 1 user = $4.95 per month. 2. Additional users (we use many collaborators) can then be switched on/off as required. 3. Good user permissions (switch on/off admin, tasks, projects, invoices, estimates, expenses) 4. The general focus on user performance metrics/utilization (with a good dashboard + individual user metrics by hour, month, project and billed/unbilled time. 5. Fantastic, customisable client reporting and wrap-up invoicing with unlimited free client access to these features*. *The invoice module ($9.95/month per account - which is great way to charge for this) monitors unbilled time with a one-click invoice generation button. That's a great feature whether you use Paymo to send (and receive payments) or not. In similar fashion, the client report generation tool is cleverly set-up so you can group time/costs by client, user, projects, task lists, tasks, time, day or billed status as well as include the original budgets by project or tasks. For us that's a massive time-saver and a feature-set that not available or so quick and easy to manage on any other PM system we've tried. The con's on the present feature list (hence why I've only rated Paymo 4 stars overall): 1. There's no easy to see/use UI control over project/task timescales. 2. Equally, no-billable tasks/reminders don't sit as well in the system. 3. Updates aren't realtime, another great Wrike feature. 4. There's no client/guest access to the project details (which I would have thought Paymo could add easily, by making making the default user status 'view only'. 5. Generally speaking Paymo isn't a slick or richly featured as other leading-class PMs. However, as of May 4th 2016 there's a promise on Paymo's pricing page that Gantt charts, task scheduling and progress tracking is 'coming soon'. Would be great to know roughly what that means Paymo but those three features even if relatively simple but robust (in Paymo's style) would considerably round-off and build-out the Paymo App experience.

Maral from maddthing

Paymo for prime minister!

I've have started using Paymo 6 years ago as a freelancer, I've seen the product evolve over time and I have to say - it has revolutionised my personal and professional life. Today I am a studio director and continue using it.

Pros

What I love is the ability to create custom workflows (that's great when you have different types of projects), I've also opted into the Gantt chart features - great help as soon as you're working with more than one person and on bigger projects. The customer support is RAPID and knowing that I'm speaking to good humans is that authentic extra that many other platforms lack. If you have a small screen you can collapse navigation bars - I didn't know I needed that until that ft was released.

Cons

I haven't found anything I don't like yet.

Response from Paymo

Replied June 2020

Had a great laugh when I read your review title "Paymo for PM" =))) More video tutorials will be coming soon, so who knows - you might discover more "hidden" nuggets. For now, here's one on my behalf: you can copy/paste time entries inside the Timesheets module - give it a try! Kind regards, Marcel

June 2015

Alison from The Open University

June 2015

Paymo pays for itself...

As a very small business - there are only the two of us - I needed a way to accurately track the time we were spending on client projects. Paymo does that for us in a very straightforward way, and the click-and-create reports mean that I can see the information I need for invoicing and get an overview of how we're working through the agreed hours very easily. Not only is our invoicing more accurate - nearly all our monthly invoices have increased as we're not forgetting the odd half-hour here and there - but I also have the answers to the 'what were we doing all day' questions when we spent time on non-chargeable tasks and I'm able to keep a better track of those tasks, too. (I don't use Paymo's invoicing facility - it seem straightforward enough, but I want to do all my accounting in one application to simplify the VAT process.)

Pros

Support is fantastic - I have only had to ask for help a couple of times, but when I do the built-in online help facility means I get an answer very quickly, using language I understand. The other thing that is great is the flexibility of the reporting module. One of my clients likes to see how we're using up the agreed project hours as we go through, so I have created a report just for him and given him the link. He's happy to be getting the information he needs to plan without my having to spend time getting it for him.

Cons

Most of the things that were on my wish list have been incorporated into recent releases. The only one I would still like would be the ability to share reports within the company - at the moment, I do a screenshot of the configuration and my employee copies it. It's not a huge issue, but it would be useful to be able to have personal and shared (company-wide) reports.

Brian from Robot House Creative

A Game Changer

Timekeeping. We’re able to look back at past projects to see the real time we invested in them to help make our new estimates as realistic as possible.

Pros

Paymo allows us to track time easily and provide monthly reports to clients, as well as include PayPal functionality for invoices. The Paymo team is quick to communicate when we have issues or feedback. Other similar products have tried to sell themselves to us but we tell them we’re 100% happy with Paymo.

Cons

The only improvement right now I’d like would be to convert monthly time reports into invoices for our clients who we invoice monthly for our hours.

Response from Paymo

Replied June 2020

Appreciate you, Brian, for being loyal!! I know how crowded the productivity market is today, so this speaks a lot. What you're telling me leans more towards a monthly retainer functionality - correct me if I'm wrong. Please write/upvote this suggestion on our community forum along with the use case so we get more insight into the problem. And others, who share the same need, can upvote it too. Thank you again, Marcel

A compact project management system.

For a mid, small or solo user paymo is just enough to manage any kind of project. The free plan is enough and offers enough features to start and then upgrade if needed.

Pros

Paymo is a very compact project management system. I have used a lot of project and task management for my work and paymo is my new favorite. I like the UI its similar to me like all other project management services. Paymo is a cloud-based service that means I can now use it with just my netbook and all my data is safe in their server. Cloud data is safer than my pc and secure too. The task manager is a very simple and nested task is also a very attractive feature for me. To manage projects one man is enough, this helps me to save a lot of time and money. The free plan offers a very generous offering.

Cons

The dashboard is too crowded. I don't like to see so much info on my desktop. I prefer the tabbed style revels.

Response from Paymo

Replied January 2020

Thank you for the kind words! May I ask what details would you like to show up on your dashboard? You can also write your use case on this thread from our community forum about customizable dashboards: https://community.paymoapp.com/t/customisable-panels-in-the-dashboard/186 Thank you, Marcel

John from Elements Architectural Group

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Paymo is very user friendly and intuitive.

The software saved lots of time on repetative non-billable tasks. It gives us more control over data and helps us narrow our focus on the parts of projects that need more efficiency.

Pros

Paymo is easy to learn, manage, and use. The price is right for most any size company and the core features are well tuned. It has saved time when preparing timesheets each week and helps us track our hours very efficiently. In a service based industry, a software like Paymo takes the uncertainty out of knowing whether or not you are on target. The ability to gather vast amounts of data in seconds really has helped analyze our effectiveness at estimating and highlight areas for improvement. The software's permissions setup and general user interactions are much more suited to a company that has competent employees, unlike competitors like T-sheets (quickbooks). Other time trackers tend to assume the employees are incapable of managing their timesheet and set up a lot of rules that act as roadblocks to efficiency. Paymo maintains control without becoming overbearing.

Cons

The built-in invoicing feature is a little difficult to fully customize. It has "custom" options, but they are not full control. It does allow for custom coding for invoice generation which we are doing now, but this requires someone on staff who is fairly well versed in HTML and other scripts/codes. I wish that Paymo would talk directly with a desktop version of Quickbooks, but it does work with Quickbooks Online through Zapier Apps.

Luis Daniel from Nexus Multimedia

Ideal tool for project management from small companies to big ones

I'm solving the business problems of: - having all the project planning and content in one single place - tracking the time

Pros

I like the user interface, is very clean and friendly. it takes less than 5 minutes to understand how everything works which is a great advantage to train other people to use this tool. I love how you can organize all the tasks, content and planning for each project. I've been using this software for about 5 years now and will definetely recommend it to others.

Cons

I don't like that they still don't have an easy to use mobile app that shows all the content of a project. the mobile app is very limited. I hope that they can improve and give the mobile development a higher priority since we live in a mobile world these days. There's no way to capture screenshots of what other employees are doing or measuring the productivity

Ben from Natural Posture

Simple but great

I use Paymo to organise my time and projects across three businesses. I've used various task managers and high-end project management software in the past, but Paymo hits a real sweet spot for me.

Pros

It's a really simple interface, but still has enough features to make it usable. I evaluated around ten other project management tools before selecting Paymo. Tech support is friendly and responsive.

Cons

I'm not sure if this is just a limitation of the browser, but I find the interface a little slow at times. It doesn't really slow me down significantly, just used to using lots of keyboard shortcuts. More standard spreadsheet-style table entry would be good. But honestly, it's great.

Reasons for Choosing Paymo

Just really fast and intuitive, but powerful enough to meet my basic requirements.

Response from Paymo

Replied January 2020

Hi Ben, You're not wrong, the app might experience low speed sometimes (it's a combination of several factors), but we're aware of this and already take active steps in this direction. As for the spreadsheet-style input, you can go for the Task's Table View to add task details in-line, as well as the add bulk option for time tracking. Hope this helps! Marcel

Darren from Infinity Nation

Growing with Paymo

We are able to clearly see where our staff hours are being spent, against which clients and projects.

Pros

Paymo suited our business need to manage both time and projects. Its simplicity was a key reason for opting to choose Paymo over the masses of other tools available. Paymo has improved and grown during the last 2 years, introducing new tools that have demonstrated the companies willingness to listen to their users and add functions and improve current functionality

Cons

Unable to 'repeat' projects, at the touch of a button, always have to re-enter all the details, even if the project repeats.

Response from Paymo

Replied January 2020

Hey Darren, Indeed, we don't have recurring projects for now. Have you tried saving the project as a template, then pasting it when a new, similar one comes up? Here's how to do it: https://help.paymoapp.com/en/articles/2922772-how-do-i-use-project-templates Hope it helps!

Karolina Schilling - from muppetti App & Web

Love Paymo for its simplicity

I really like Paymo and would recommend it to any freelancer and small teams.

Pros

I like Paymo and finally, after trying out many other tools, found it the best for time tracking AND invoicing. I'm not willing to use several tools and export/import times only to be able to invoice them. So there was Paymo - easy to use, simple design, easy configuration, time tracking AND the bloody invoicing!

Cons

Only the mobile app. It's not very nice in usage and mobile you do not need all that features. Could be simplier and easier to use.

Reasons for Choosing Paymo

Easy to use, good price, cool features.

Response from Paymo

Replied June 2020

Kudos Karolina! Indeed, the mobile app will get collaboration features such as task assignment, rich task details, and comments with the next release. It's something that we're currently working on, so stay tuned!

Vy from Gin Design Group

Paymo Review

Very positive and efficient. Would definitely recommend to others in the industry.

Pros

Very User friendly and efficient in terms of hour and task breakdowns.

Cons

Too many categories. Sometimes I get lost when trying to input my time.

Response from Paymo

Replied June 2020

Hi Vy, Thank you for giving us a review! Not sure what you mean with "too many categories" - can you be more specific? If you're referring to modules, then here's a video on how to enable only those that you want to use: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAwY7m3I_kw

Csaba from Renderhell

Lightweight and easy-to-use time management app

I'm using Paymo mostly for time tracking, but it is also great to have reports ranging back for years and I love to have all the statistics easily accessible. Paymo has become an invaluable part of my daily business life.

Pros

Cons

At first there were too few options for project statuses, but as the software evolved, this feature was added. At this point I don't really have any issues with the software.

Response from Paymo

Replied June 2020

Koeszi Csaba, for the review! You can in fact customize the idle time detection to be however long you want :) Btw, we've just launched a new feature that lets you copy/paste time entries under timesheets, check it out! Thank you, Marcel

Gerrit from Design Express

Paymo has a cool widget

Time tracking is a matter of discipline. Paymo is easy enough to use on a daily base, I had little to no trouble on adapting to the habit.

Pros

The Paymo setup is quite easy and transparent. In order to customize it for our needs, I found out that I could perhaps manipulate the hierarchy of clients / projects / task lists / tasks. Before doing so, I checked with their Support desk (live chat!) to make sure I wouldn't run into problems later on. So now, we have a structure that fits our needs pretty well. The application allows for many views (tables!) and reports.

Cons

For managing a team, it would be nice to have options to save filters, so that you can quickly jump from one view to another. Some views are a bit too bland, making me feel a little lost on where to go.

Kimberly from Design

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Its pretty nice to project manage once you get the hang of it. I dont have administrator access but it is just what I need to do my job.

Pros

I really enjoy the way you can see how much time is allocated to a task. And how easy it is to pull a report for a project.

Cons

The filters can get confusing, sometimes its to many filters or not enough..

Response from Paymo

Replied June 2020

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, Kimberly :) Can you write us at support@paymoapp.com about the filter issue? We're more than glad to look into it. Cheers, Marcel

Matt from MAMMOTH XR

Industry: Computer Games

An easy to use and intuitive PM platform

Wonderful! I can't speak highly enough about the platform and would recommend any company especially in the creative industry to have a look at them and give it a try.

Pros

Paymo is intuitive and designed in a way that fosters easy adoption. Some PM software that I have used is very intimidating and Paymo has made adoption very easy at our office.

Cons

There were a few features that I yearned for early on but the Paymo team listens to its users and they have grown a ton over the last 4 years that we have been with them. Be vocal about what you need and if it is a shared concern across the users it will be addressed! If it is a little more niche then you typically need a different system to handle it.

Response from Paymo

Replied June 2020

Thank you for the feedback, Matt, happy to know that the interface is easy to adopt :)

March 2016

Anne-Marie

March 2016

Excellent Project Management Software!

I have been using Paymo for about a year now and it has changed my productivity for the better. As a Freelance PA/Project Manager I work for different companies so it is imperative that I can track my time spent on different projects and tasks. Paymo does this easily and with no fuss. Paymo is easy to set up and use. The free trial is perfect for trying out Paymo. I did just that initially and was so impressed that I had to continue with the paid version of Paymo. Once Paymo had been set up and customised I could just log onto Paymo each day and easily track time. It is easy to switch between projects too. Paymo has an overview of hours worked, unbilled amounts, milestones, discussions etc so easy to see at a glance progress per project. At the end of each month I use Paymo to easily invoice my clients. Just one click of a button to invoice unbilled time, check the invoice and send by email! Easy. Paymo then keeps a list of invoices sent out which can be updated to show status. The invoice itself looks very professional and I easily added a company logo. There are custom settings to save the text to be used when sending out invoices. Customer Service is impeccable, on the few occasions I have needed to ask a question I have had fast, helpful responses and have always been dealt with very professionally and quickly. I highly recommend using this project management software, it is time saving, quick, easy and can do an awful lot to assist with the admin side of running a business. I wouldn't be without it! Thank you Paymo!

Pros

Initial free trial. Easy to set up and use. Easy to customise. Easy to track time. Easy to invoice clients. Reporting option available. Excellent customer service, fast to respond and very helpful.

Cons

I can't think of anything.

Danielle from Danielle Smallwood Design Service

Great Product Must Have

Being able to track the hours and what project goes to which client has been so helpful.

Pros

As a graphic designer who needs to keep track of hours, I have always been able to depend on Paymo to keep accurate track of my time. Being able to send the data to my clients is a plus.

Cons

I had some issues with the desktop app so I started using it directory from the site to track time.

Reasons for Choosing Paymo

The functionality of the software. It was easy to understand and I was able to give clients a pdf or link to track the hours.

Response from Paymo

Replied January 2020

Hey Danielle, Glad that we can help you with time tracking The desktop widget is stable, you can go ahead and download the latest version here: https://www.paymoapp.com/downloads-and-integrations/ Good news, the web timer is going to be updated as well - so stay tuned!

Juan Pablo from Cárdenas, Vargas y Canales, S.C.

Industry: Law Practice

Paymo is an invaluable tool for Law Firms.

Pros

It allows our clients to know the time we dedicate to each of their cases. Clients can review the expenses generated by their affairs. The Law Firm knows how much time we dedicate to the affairs of each of our clients, and allows us to detect how complicated or simple an issue is. We can assign new lawyers to each case in a simple and intuitive way. The reports are easy to read and of great quality for our clients. Its mobile tools are simple to use. The software for the computer is simple and intuitive. It has plans and prices that are adapted for each work team.

Cons

Some sections are not translated completely into Spanish, as is the case of Team Scheduling, but this has met all our expectations.

Response from Paymo

Replied August 2018

Hi Juan Pablo, We're currently working on improving the translations and we're rewarding users that help. For more details, please get in touch with us by using the in app help button.