All Taskworld Reviews

10,000+ employees

Reviewed December 2018

userfriendly, great features, support and data in Germany - great solution even of an enterprise!

I enjoy working with taskworld (team) and everyone in the company loves to work with taskworld too, even though it is a change process for many colleagues / processes. For me taskworld is a perfect combination of user friendly interface / intuitive design / easy access AND many helpful features, which make it possible to transfer complex processes of an enterprise in the vizualized and modern project management world.

PROS

user interface openminded and friendly support and account managers prepared for complex customers like insurance enterprise

CONS

making deadline commitments with the developer team :) as a german company we love to have deadlines and work towards them; it took a while to commit the developer team to some concrete due dates; but we solved everything very professional and friendly;

Laramy

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2017

Intuitive program with a lot of flexibility to adapt to your company's needs

Our company is so much more organized now. We've been able to consolidate down from 4-5 different products down to this one task management platform. There's a lot more visibility all across the board, too, and fewer inner-office emails.

PROS

-I love the visibility/oversight that TW gives you'we currently have about 50 'public' projects in TW, and management can quickly hop around and get an instant snapshot of how each project is progressing. -I love how it's a one-stop shop of information/communication. It's got conversation channels, tasks, personal to-do lists, time tracking, analytics, scheduling... we were able to consolidate 4 or 5 different platforms into just the one. -It's intuitive. Training roughly 40 new users on it at once was fairly straightforward, as the steps required in using TW are pretty clear. The basic functionality is easy to pick up on, leaving most of the training energy focused on hammering down specific protocols for how WE will use TW, and showing exciting, fun TaskWorld abilities and tidbits. -While the labels and points systems may be helpful for many, I really like the tags. The bold colors and easy-to-search tag titles provide important information on any task without having to even open it up. -The overview'oh my goodness! You can search almost any conceivable permutation of filters, quickly narrowing down to the pertinent info you're seeking. -I love how tasks can live in multiple projects'so a task can appear in its designated slot within a public project, but can also exist in my own personal Weekly To-Do project. No duplication of effort! -They seem really open to user suggestions'our rep has been quite responsive to my questions and requests.

CONS

-It needs to better integrate googledocs (a feature I've been told they're currently working on). Right now private company GoogleDocs don't display titles, and so are impossible to search within the project. -Overall, it could have more comprehensive search ability (particularly in chats and comments). I love how I can search Workspace-wide OR just within one project, but I'd like to be able to type in a keyword that might only appear in a chat window or a comments section and have it found for me. -If you're involved in multiple projects within a workspace, the notifications can get overwhelming. It'd be nice if 'mark as unread' was an option, so that I could use that notification section as a reminder. It's also a bit annoying that you get multiple notifications back-to-back that are dealing with the same task (A notification when it's been assigned, when a due date has been assigned, if someone has commented on it, if they moved its location, etc... all on top of one another). -TaskWorld could potentially have more customization options (Adding pictures to projects or group chat channels, etc. Though they did just allow for customized backgrounds, and it sounds like they're working on adding more tag and label colors).

Hi Laramy, wow! I can't thank you enough for your incredibly valuable insights! We are so grateful that you took the time to write such a comprehensive review and share all of your thoughts on how we might improve. I am delighted to hear you've cut down on email and feel more organized and consolidated. I know you have been in touch with our support team, but I will share your comments with them and the developers again to discuss further improvements in Google Doc integration, search functions, notifications and customization. We are working every day to improve and we are so grateful for your time in sharing your thoughts. We are always here at support@taskworld.com Thank you again so much for taking time out of your busy day to share and we hope you have a gorgeous weekend!

Replied June 2017

Kent

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2017

Nice tool... seems like it's not quite ready for release though

listing all tasks in one place, assigning due dates, priorities, and ownership is awesome.

PROS

This is a pretty easy tool to navigate around. The drag-n-drop feature is very helpful. Your tool is not cluttered with a bunch of 'bells and whistles' that we'd never use.

CONS

I wish there was a feature to set the Admin of a project at the top-level; having to add admins manually to every single one is time-consuming. There seems to be some really bad issues with the screen not refreshing (I guess that's what it is). Many times I will be in a screen and parts of the screen will disappear. I had a coworker the other day unable to assign a Due Date to a Task - he would click on the date and the calendar would 'flicker' making it impossible to assign a due date - making it literally impossible to set a due date on any task he created. I've seen similar things in timeline as well. Not sure what's causing it. I wish I could have the ability to sort tasks by Due Date by hitting a simple Sort button. I know I can do this through 'dragging-and-dropping' but when you have 20+ tasks in a Project, it makes it a little time-consuming; I would like to have the same feature available in the Workspace as well. I would like the ability to customize my own Status options. Lastly, the User Guide really isn't too helpful. The videos are a nice touch, but it would be nice to have a list of Descriptions and Definitions of what things are and what they can do (i.e. what the difference between a Project Admin and Project Member? What abilities do each of them have?, etc)

Hello Kent, Thanks a lot for your review. We really appreciate your specific and direct feedback. This is really useful. I will share your feedback directly with our product team. We are currently working on refining our user guide and will add more learning resources to it. Cheers,

Replied May 2017

Lawrence

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2017

Almost Perfect

For starters this is the only platform that met our basic needs while still remaining easy to use and uncluttered. There are a few key features that made us choose it over free options like Trello. Key feature #1 shared tasks between boards. Think client boards, management boards and employee todo boards, all share the same tasks but different people need different views. Key feature #2 timelines (gantt charts). These allow us to see projects over time and manage resources and scheduling. The all projects timeline is key for management of all projects and how they relate to one another. The only downside is they do not support other gantt features like dependencies. Another great feature would be the ability to drag and entire project left or right without having to adjust each task one by one in the event that a previous project goes over time (as they frequently tend to). The features we would like to see that would make it complete would be: - Project sharing with clients. We would like the ability to share boards/projects with our clients so they can see what is in the queue and advise us on priorities etc. This could be a read only view as that would still bring a huge benefit to us, our clients and TaskWorld as it would promote sharing of the platform. For this reason we believe this should be included in the base product price. - Task estimates. Being able to enter an hourly estimate on a task. - Time Tracking. This is a feature we would pay a bit extra for, especially if integrated with Task estimates with some basic reporting for payroll and client billing purposes. - Estimates vs Time spent analytics. As far as we're concerned the existing analytics on task completion rates are not that valuable as tasks can be of any length and reasons for completion, overdue, etc vary so much that its inconsequential for us. - Drag and drop on mobile app. Competitors have the full KanBan view with drag and drop on mobile. This would be a nice feature. Also the ability to assign tasks to project on mobile would be nice. We did a lot of research on options and so far TaskWorld is still the best for our purposes but these features would make it integral to our operations.

Wow this review is feedback gold mine for us Lawrence! Thank you so much. Our entire team really appreciates it. I am happy to say that a lot of your feature requests are part of our road map such as: time tracking, guest feature, drag & drop on mobile. Great minds think alike :-)

Replied February 2017

Guy

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Very good to manage teams in remote

Very good support, very well designed and efficient application - critical for our business

PROS

Trello like with chat and project oriented features Multi level chat : individual, task, project, group and everyone levels

CONS

No reporting for multiple projects (aggregation). No project reporting facilities

Reviewed August 2017

Better than Trello!

PROS

My first project management system was Trello because of a recommendation from our VP of Technology. However, at the time, Trello really fell short with its ability to send me proactive alerts and deadline notifications. Taskworld is a real blessing! Not only does Taskworld have flexible deadline options, I can also subscribe to my Taskworld calendar using my company's email system. If that wasn't enough, I get a daily "Morning Digest" that shows me the tasks that are overdue, or due today. The overview and timeline view really give me the big picture so I can track all my department's projects and tasks in one place. The team at Taskworld is extremely responsive and open to new ideas. I have nothing but good things to say about Taskworld. In fact, I now can't imagine managing my schedule without it!

Reviewed August 2018

User-Friendly

PROS

As per the title of my review, TaskWorld is super user-friendly. Easy to setup tasks Project Groups are great All projects are easy to identify and in one place Notifications can be as much or as little as you want Customer service is eager and responds quickly

CONS

You can assign multiple people the same task at the same time, so who checks it off? Subtasks (checklists) do not show up in your to dos If you check off the main task, all subtasks (checklists) are considered complete as well No status of a project, besides general terms. The overview shows graphs and charts that are useless and cannot default a view without them Not multi-leveled No template options Very few useful integration options Application updates are minor and not all that useful

Reviewed July 2018

It is really the joy of teamwork.

PROS

The fact that you can build your OWN workflow as you want it and as better works for you is such a great feature. They got me with that one! You will also have a specific an personal report to understand your performance as and individual and as a team member. Communication is also easy and to the point, no distractions in the way.

CONS

Be clear that Taskworld is not a pipeline for your sales force. Some say it is too basic, but I don't see it as a con, but as a strength. Less is more. Think about it.

Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad you liked our simple yet powerful spin on project management :-)

Replied October 2018

Jeremiah

Reviewed November 2017

So far, it's been fantastic.

PROS

I like feeling accomplished. I get excited when I feel like I'm being productive by taking on various tasks at the same time. The application has helped me organize my thoughts so far, and I'm even more excited to keep using it. Note taking is simple Creating tasks is very clean and neat Connecting with other people is exceptionally smooth Uploading files is fast The product is clean and fun The task bar on the left is simple, but allows you to take on various work items

CONS

The automated emails when I'm tagged in a project tend to be hard to understand. They contain large amounts of jargon that don't make sense at first glance. Once I slow down and re-read it a few times, I get the message. I feel this could be much simpler though.

Tareq

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2018

One of the best project management tools I used

PROS

* Feature full * Board system * Has excellent web app

CONS

Sometime it's sluggish on Mac. iOS version also needs improvements.

Thank you so much Tareq. We are so glad that you're enjoying using Taskworld.

Replied October 2018

Tracie

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2017

Great business tool but the low quality android app lets it down

PROS

The web version is superb has many useful and well designed features, the ability to have the same task in multiple task lists/ projects is simply brilliant. The software is almost the "perfect" productivity tool but there are just a couple of things letting it down (see cons)

CONS

- Lack of functional dashboard instead of just a screen full of your different projects, it needs a choice of widgets to let the user decide the information they want an overview of - There is no calendar function which, given the myriad of features offered, is surprising, a calendar would really add to this particular tool. - The android app is horrendous, it is so slow. It also does not provide widgets, an offline mode or instant exit feature ( takes 7 or 8 attempts to close the programme)

Marc

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2017

Fantastic APP

I'm rating "ease of use" and "features & functionality" because I think that maybe our company is not in Taskworld main target, as we are a Law Firm with some not common needs. In this sense, the Kanban or cards system (and not Taskworld). is not perfect for us, and we are still learning to use it and adapt it to our way of working. That said, Taskworld is for us the perfect solution to Trello, Asana, Wrike and Wunderlist, the other apps we have been using or testing, as it has our preferred features of Trello (cards are very visual to work with), Asana (task assigning and dashboards), etc. We hope you will continue to improve Taskworld, we really think you have a very very powerful solution (maybe a little overpriced compared to other solutions, but it still worth it!). Good job!

PROS

Task asignment Dashboards Cards system easy to use

CONS

None directly to the system, I think main cons are related to a Kanban system vs. Layer firm, which may not be 100% compatible ;)

Thank you so much Marc for such a wonderful review. This is really encouraging for our entire team. We are so glad that your team is finding it useful. If you have any questions/feedback at any point or would like a demo for your team, please feel free to get in touch. We'll keep evolving Taskworld with more exciting features without losing its simplicity.

Replied February 2017

Shezad

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2017

Easy to use and a great management tool

Great project management tool.

PROS

Boxes are very intuitive. Tasks are quite easy to add. Adding followers and tags is a great tool to follow up.

CONS

Gantt chart could be improved showing inter-dependencies between tasks. A more intuitive way to add sub tasks. And email notification feature is a bit confusing.

Hi Shezad, thank you so much for your valuable insights and your time! We are so delighted to hear that you are finding TW an easy to use platform and valuable tool for managing your team. We are always looking for ways to improve and enhancing Gantt charts with dependencies has been a top request, so we are working on building that out and creating a better solution. If you would like to share more specifically what changes you would like to see in email notifications, we would love to hear at support@taskworld.com - notifications has been a constant iterative improvement process, I will share your comment with the team, this is really great feedback. For now, if you do not like the email notifications you can click on your profile picture, go to Email Setting and customize which ones you would like to receive, or disable them all together. Thank you again for taking time out of your busy day, and we are thankful to have you on Taskworld! Have a beautiful weekend :)

Replied June 2017

Arts and Crafts, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2017

The best planning Saas I've found

There are a zillion work-organizing solutions out there, often with sub-sets of the same features. After trying pretty much all of them from web-based to local-only TaskWorld is the one I've committed to. The balance of in-depth abilities and ease-of-use is excellent. Being able to simultaneously organize as lists, a calendar and also Kanban boards is critical to me. Entering, scheduling and tagging new tasks is slick and quick. It also manages to provide team features without shoving them in your face when you're working by yourself. The product is in active development, with new useful refinements appearing regularly (like the recent in-line checklists) and my experience with customer support has been very good, with swift, helpful replies. I'm knocking off a star on features because the iOS app, though good, doesn't cache data locally. Other than that, after two months using it all day every day, I'm very satisfied to the point where I've finally stopped endlessly trying other options.

PROS

Attractive, powerful, easy to use.

CONS

The only downside for me is lack of caching on iOS.

Thank you so much Michael for a wonderful review. You really made our day :-) We are actively working on improving our mobile app and you will notice the improvements real soon. Cheers,

Replied March 2017

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2021

easy to use with great functionality.

I like the tool a lot. It has great functionality and is easy to use. No real learning curve is involved.

PROS

ease of organizing and keeping track of projects and team activities.

CONS

Error forgiveness. If you accidentally erase and delete something it is hard to get it back.

Margaret

Reviewed July 2017

User-friendly software, helps keep a business organized.

PROS

The software is very easy to use and this makes training the teams and encouraging them to adopt a new system.

CONS

The license model makes it tough for small businesses since they may not need as much coverage or features.

Hi Margaret, thank you so very much for your time and all of your valuable insights, I will share them with our development team. I am so delighted to hear you are getting so much value and that it was easy to get your team on board. I can definitely understand that as a small business, pricing is important. We are always looking for ways to help ease the investment and have just recently started an affiliate program to help businesses like yours. If you are interested, we would love to hear from you at support@taskworld.com - in the meantime, I will share your feedback with the team as we always meet quarterly to look at our pricing structure and make sure we are offering the most value and affordability. Thank you again so much for your valuable time and please don't hesitate to reach out if there is anything we can do to improve your experience. All the best for your business and have a wonderful week!

Replied July 2017

René

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2017

This is what i'm looking for. Easy to use and powerfull

It saves a lot of time and i have a great overview as a teachter. I can keep track of my students what they have done and what they still need to do. I can plan my lessons better and keep track of them.

PROS

I tried a lot of task/projectmanagement tools/websites and TaskWorld is the first affordable manager that i great for me. I use TaskWorld for my classroom as a teacher, to keep track of my students, work and lessons. So i'm a single usser. Most projectmanagers are to expensive for a single usser, but not Task World. Great overview over my projects, great tasklist and iphone app.

CONS

I would like to see the option to make a task more important then another task. That's the only thing i can think of for now.

Thank you so much Rene for your wonderful review. It makes us really happy to see Taskworld being used for education :-) One way to make a task more important is by using the priority tag. Doing this will not only make all your important tasks stand out visually but also easier to search. Cheers,

Replied May 2017