All Todoist Reviews

1-25 of 2,335 Reviews

Financial Services, 51 - 200 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2021

The best “to do” tracker around!

Rikaz

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2022

An essential organization tool for self and teams!

Todoist has been a pleasure to use and I can't recommend it enough especially as a starting app for your teams.

PROS

Todoist has multiple features which make it easy to use. The mobile app is minimal in design and easy to navigate. Setting up a task and sub-tasks, adding members, communicating with the team, & managing projects is just so easy. On Android there is even a widget to directly add tasks to the app. The web app is equally up to the task of it's Android cousin having nearly all the features of the Android App.

CONS

Being a freemium service, Todoist requires users to pay for their premium services as well as being limited to 5 active projects, 5 collaborators per project, & 5 MB file uploads in the free version.

Reason for choosing Todoist

Todoist takes the lead due to it's ease of use and better user interfaces.

Reasons for switching to Todoist

Todoist user interface was easier to use.

Jeremy

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Todoist: The Best Task Management App?

As self-employed creative professional, Todoist has greatly aided me in keeping track of disparate projects. Quick overviews, assigned tasks and reminders help me to get the job done, and not get overwhelmed.

PROS

The Todoist interface is attractive, and a real breeze to use. Being able to assign and add sub-tasks, plus things like Productivity visualizations make it a true productivity tracking app.

CONS

There could be stronger visual cues for when sub-tasks exist within a task.

Reason for choosing Todoist

The free version of Todoist offered everything I needed, even with the free version.

Reasons for switching to Todoist

Asana's interface was too cluttered and confusing.

Autumn

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Strong Cross-Department Organization Tool

It is a good tool depending on the size of your company/team. For smaller teams it isn't perfect but it cannot be beat for large projects that span multiple departments/offices.

PROS

It is an excellent way to track progress on a variety of tasks, both group and individual, of all kinds. It has a clean UI and makes collaborating easy. The timelines it generates are an excellent way to visualize progress on a task.

CONS

Giving users roles is only available with the business plan, which is a downside for many, but is necessary for our number of staff. There is no offline access either

Laura

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Easy To Use, Not So Easy To Organice

The founder of the company really likes it to keep track of what everyone is doing so I've been using it for the last 5 months (since I started in this company). But anyway, I actually keep using the Notes App on Mac which is really similar to Todoist but I can keep my tasks private - which is something I wish I could do on Todoist, not sure if there is a way already but it's not very clear who can see what.

PROS

Me and my team really like how easy to use it is. It helps keeping track of what needs o be done and lets other people know what's been completed. It doesn't over complicate things and it's really good that you can have it on your phone and get updates on notifications.

CONS

I get that keeping it simple must be the main idea behind this app. However, I'd appreciate if some hierarchy could be applied when organising the tasks. The way to organise projects on the left part could be, for example, group into folders so once a project is finished you could, for example, move it to an archive folder. All the Karma points system and the notifications is a bit confusing or just not clear enough. Is it just to cheer you up when you've completed many tasks or has it got any actual purpose? But the most important: I wish tasks wouldn’t disappear from my inbox right when I complete them. I wish I could still see them (maybe in a lighter grey colour) so I see what I've completed and then I could manually move them into a project folder when I don't want to see them anymore. Also, I'd appreciate if some type of colour coding could be applied in some way.

Reasons for switching to Todoist

Todoist seems more straightforward and notifies everyone in the team.

Petter

Civic & Social Organization, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

A very good todo-list manager

PROS

I really like the fact that it is so very easy to use, and that, especially on a Mac, there are so many shortcuts, thus making adding a new task very quick.

CONS

I literally have nothing negative at all to say about this software, and that is rare!

Reasons for switching to Todoist

I wanted an app-based software, rather than something that ran on the web.

Religious Institutions, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Task Management Made Efficient

I love using Todoist. It has helped me keep my tasks organized and working efficiently.

PROS

Probably like a lot of people, I wear a lot of hats in my job. Todoist makes task management clear, useful, and neatly divided. I place my tasks into different categories and can also see what tasks need to be done in the future.

CONS

While I understand that you get what you pay for, the premium version will cost an investment. For personal use, the free version may suffice though.

Mike

Alternative Medicine, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2024

Tooitst is the ultimate organiser and lifestyle coach toget you back on track and make life easier.

So happy I was introduced to Todoist from a friend. It arranges my work life and private life in such an efficient and easy way.

PROS

It is so simple to drag and drop to different areas and also see what have been achieved and what is yet to be done.

CONS

Nothing at all. It is really easy to use and works so well.

Lawrance

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Great product management tool

PROS

It’s very intuitive to use, with a simple interface

CONS

Just a little bit of a learning curve that rewards consistent use

Mo'men

Civil Engineering, 10,000+ employees

Eng : Momen zidan

its amazing experience , especially if you work in big team.

PROS

connecting the whole team together so you can easily follow the work

CONS

you can use it from many different devices .

eva

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2024

Clear and simple to integrate

PROS

I like the simplicity and clean, no-nonsense approach.

CONS

I miss a bit of the visuals and it may lack a bit of aesthetic appeal.

Scott

Computer Software, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2019

Intuitive product, quick to implement

I'm a proud premium member because the software does its job and doesn't get in my way. I use it for both my work and personal tasks, but separating the two out is really simple to do.

PROS

I've tried dozens of systems for my day-to-day tasks, and finally landed on Todoist a couple years ago. The natural language processing for entering in tasks makes it easy to type something in using the iOS app and pick up where I left off later on my Mac. Typing in a date automatically adds the date information, which means I can just type "add photo to new blog post tomorrow" and have the task on tomorrow's list without having to fiddle in menus. As they say, it just works.

CONS

Things that "just work" tend to have their little nuances that mean sometimes it doesn't just work. Todoist is constantly pushing out updates behind the scenes through their server back-end, which means you're always on the latest version of the software even if you don't update the client software. Sometimes that means they move too fast and break things. There have been multiple occasions where the software suddenly doesn't work as expected and I have to wait a couple hours for them to push out a fix. Perhaps their testing procedures will meet enterprise expectations eventually, but this is normal for cloud services these days...

Reasons for switching to Todoist

Toodledo's software had a very dated look, and adding tasks took multiple steps. There wasn't a Mac app either, which meant I had to go through the browser to access my tasks.

Kristen

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2019

The perfect tool for keeping your to-do list organized

I use ToDoist to keep track of tasks sent to me by clients. I don't use it for project management, extensive notes, or workflow so much as a simple to-do list of projects that need to be completed. Sometimes you don't need to write a lot of details - you just need to be sure you do the task and todoist is the best software I have found for that. Love it!

PROS

I love how it's a no frills to-do list I can access on my computer and phone. I love being able to set up different projects, due dates, and sub tasks. It also helps me with my EOM invoicing so I know what I did for each client.

CONS

I wish I could get more features for free. The comment feature and ability to set reminders look great. Although, Todoist does send me an email every day letting me know what's on my list, so that is very helpful even without reminders.

Reason for choosing Todoist

Todoist was straightforward and non-distracting. It did exactly what I needed without me getting pulled into a rabbit hole of writing notes or project management when none was needed.

Reasons for switching to Todoist

Asana is a great tool for projects with deeper complexity, but there was too much to fill out and add when I just wanted to manage my tasks. Todoist is exactly what I was looking for.

Yoana

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2020

Works really well until I had too many tasks and then...overwhelm!

I really like the interace and ease of use, it's one of my favorite apps in terms of the UI. It's a really quick setup, the fonts are clean and easy to read, the tags and projects are colored nicely, it just wasn't the app that helped me actually get things done.

PROS

While I was using this software, I really liked the sleek and modern interface to add new tasks. It was quick, easy, and the UI was awesome. I wish all task management apps had an UI like Todoist. The tagging feature was also super quick to add, which saves me time adding tasks. The feature to reschedule tasks I didn't do based on the load for my week was good, not as good as Skedpal (which is why I switched) but better than I've seen in other task managemetn apps I've tried and used. I also really liked the minimalism of the screen, I never felt that it was too clunky or too many options being displayed at once and overwhelming me.

CONS

The reason I switched is because I had so many tasks added in I became overwhelmed. This isn't necessarily the apps fault, I should add time in my calendar to do a weekly review, etc... but it just wasn't happening. I switched to SkedPal because it schedules the tasks for me on my calendar, ensuring I get them done. With ToDoist, if something didn't get done, I would have an overdue task, and then need to schedule it into my calendar myself and spend time figuring out what time slot, etc..., then go back to Todoist if the time didn't work out, etc... it wasn't flexible enough to auto schedule and place it on my calendar with the option to roll over to the next day if not completed. (At least at the time that I used it). If it's not on my calendar, it doesn't get done because other things will fill my calendar and then I'm out of time and my Todoist tasks are not completed.

Reasons for switching to Todoist

The interface for RTM was clunky and a bit outdated, too many options, too cluttered of a screen. I wanted something cleaner and faster to use.

Alexandra

Education Management, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2021

Using todoist since student’s years

I have been using Todoist for a few years now.it makes my time management easier and more open to possible changes.I also greatly appreciated my last year’s statistics of use, which arrived at the beginning of this year.

PROS

Allowance to plan far into the future is surely a great advantage of this software. Just as possibility of prioritization is, with possibilities to diferentiate with colours. A great advantage of this software is tha I can use it all over my devices, my phone, macook, iwatch and ipad. That is also why i decided to try it out, as there are only few time-management softwares available on apple watch. Another great thing is that it allowed me to play freely even without paid subscription. I appreciated this a lot during my studenťs period of life. I use Todoist every day.it is helpful for both my personal and work life.

CONS

Its unchangable colorful scheme. The red is somehow agressive, combined with contrastive white. Would surely appreciate to be able to change colours:) Even though it is great to plan some tasks in Todoist, I am unable to track my project development.I would surely appreciate a update Which would allow me to maybe create an individual calendar, in which I would plan on my doing of the project separately from other tasks. It is tiring to be using another software for this, when could there be only one. Another detail which I noticed at the beginning is a little bit unfriendly interface of Todoist. that is why I would not recommend Todoist to my older colleagues.there are many hidden functions, which I keep on discovering, which I would like to had known before, so that they could have been put to good use.

Reasons for switching to Todoist

Google calendar didnt allow me to create such a cohesive and easy-to-go-over-again schedule. Everything was chaotic. In todoist, it isn ´ t as chaotic.

Ami

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2022

Perfect Your Productivity With Todoist, Not Your Trello Board

I've used them all. From AirTable to ClickUp. From Asana to Trello. I liked them all for two weeks, and then I got lost in the formulas. I desperately just wanted something that looked like a to-do list. I'm fairly tech-savvy. I'm used to Excel spreadsheets, and I enjoy automation. But when it comes to project management, I found that I was spending more time sorting out my Trello boards (or any other board) to be presentable, set up automations, and generally maintain it, than actually getting work done. I'm a copywriter, and my business revolves around creating copy for clients. As such, time management is a massive part of what I do. So, I needed to find something that was simple, presented clearly, and easily edited. Then I found todoist. It's brilliantly straightforward. You need to set up different 'workspaces', but it's literally just different lists. I use a different list for different clients. They can see only their list, and no one else's. Then, click the + button to add tasks. You can add subtasks, too, which is super useful. I personally LOVE the noise it makes when you cross off one of your tasks. A super pleasing 'click' like noise. You can set daily goals of the number of tasks you want to complete, too, which is good for productivity. Overall, Todoist has a really simple design, and an even simpler user-experience. But that's why I love it so much.

PROS

I love how straightforward Todoist is to use. The design is clean and clear, and everything about it is just as simple. I was fed up with the complex formulas of other project management software. I'm a massive fan of the subtasks feature. You can create smaller tasks underneath a bigger task, which, as a copywriter, is very useful. I can pop in tasks like 'Competitor Research', and then place subtasks under this that help me finalize the task. I also love that you can set notifications as deadlines. It's almost like an alarm that pings when you need to get something done. You can customize it, too, to send you reminders a certain number of days ahead of time. That helps your productivity massively. You can also add on clients to your lists, so they can monitor the progress that has been made.

CONS

There are no massive negatives to this software. There are areas they could grow. AirTable, for example, has automations that you can set up. So, if a task has been completed, an automatic email (which you can customize) is sent to the client informing them a task has been completed. If Todoist wanted to do something like that, I think it's important for them to remember that their appeal is simplicity, so it would need to be consistent with that.

N.a

Reasons for switching to Todoist

I simply didn't like the complexity of the software. The design was too much, and there were so many features that it became overwhelming very quickly. I was spending more time sorting out my project management than actually being productive.

Jaden

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Simplicity, Speed, & Ease Of Use

PROS

What makes Todoist stand out is it's streamlined design. The design itself is minimal and clean. You organize tasks into projects, and those projects can be organized into sub-projects. One of it's best features is natural language input: you can set the due date, priority, project, labels, and more all in the name of the task. This makes it super fast to create & edit tasks, and makes it easy to get ideas out of your head and into Todoist.

CONS

The one feature I want Todoist to have is custom features. At the moment you can create "filters", which allow you to show tasks filtered by due date, project, label, etc. However the tasks always show up in a list style view. I would love it if you could display the filter in an alternate view such as a kanban board, or any of the other views offered by ClickUp's dashboards or Notion's database views.

Reasons for switching to Todoist

ClickUp has a lot of cool features, however it is a bit slow / clunky feeling. I didn't need the features that much, and I was willing to sacrifice those features for the increased speed / ease of use offered by Todoist.

Craig

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Todoist - A flexible and value for money work and project management tool

Very positive real world use experience over the last few years and ensures nothing is missed or forgotten and all project/stakeholder requests/asks are quickly captured and integral to how my team operates.

PROS

The ease of use for creating different 'project' areas that have unique project stages and tasks. These projects can often be repetitive in approach and nature and the ability to create 'template' saves time, improves consistency and quality of project delivery and contributes to project delivery success.Integrations with other cloud tools/email provides greater flexibility and completeness ensuring all tasks are captured at point of creation and no requests/tasks are forgotten.

CONS

Nothing so far - very flexible tool, available across desktop/webapp/smart devices and the price is very good for smaller organisations and teams to have a very capable project/task management solution.

Reason for choosing Todoist

Overall, the flexibility and ease of use in creating workflow that fitted how my team works, the great pricing, integration options, ease of initial set up and the number of options for working with the product ensure access to the product and features are never far away.

1 employee

Reviewed April 2019

Streamlined Planning on All Devices

I used Todoist a few years back and loved it. I then switched to a different platform for one reason or another, but ended up coming back to Todoist for its ease of use and ability to have recurring tasks. I use it for my personal tasks as well as for my business tasks.

PROS

I use Todoist for both my personal task manager as well as my business task manager. I'm a work-from-home mom with a growing business and I like that I can seamlessly use this for ANY task I need to complete. I am able to put household chores, personal projects and work projects all in one. It allows me to organize and categorize all of my to-dos I add. I love that I can have this on my desktop, tablet and phone and they seamlessly update constantly. It helps me know what needs to be done wherever I am. The other thing that I absolutely LOVE and saves me tons of time is that I can make some tasks recurring. I am able to add weekly, daily or monthly tasks to my to-do list. This has helped me so I never forget a task or skip doing things that come up just once in a while. When life gets really busy, and unexpected things come up I can easily change my tasks to a different due date. This makes a world of difference in actually getting my tasks done. Instead of having a to-do list a mile long, I can re-prioritize what I have left and add it to different days as needed.

CONS

My only complaint is that I'm not able to see what I've checked off in the free version. Sometimes a task will get accidentally bumped and marked as done on my phone, and I have no way of going back to retrieve what it was without paying. The other thing I wish there was in this software was a way to add these items to my calendar. I use Google Calendars, and it would be really nice to be able to take a task and place it on my calendar schedule as well to keep my life super organized.

Arturo