All Afterpay Reviews

Ryan

A Must-Have for the Gen-Z shopper

PROS

it allows people to pay over time which drastically increases sales

CONS

the admin page of afterpay is limited and doesn’t allow for many things but the new UI looks promising

amanda

Afterpay

PROS

Having afterpay as a checkout option has produced more sales for us not only in the dollar amount of the sale but even a sale with the minimum of $35. So a customer that wouldn't have purchased because of the total being a little more than they would like to spend at the moment afterpay breaks it up at no cost to them. Which in turn raises our sales and larger order amount. We love afterpay.

CONS

it is a bit costly with the fees that they take our per transaction

Reason for choosing Afterpay

more customers asked for afterpay over sezzle

Tameisha

Computer Hardware, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed October 2022

1-2 Missed payment RESULTING FROM UNFORESEEN EMERGENCIES, AfterPay turns into a NIGHTMARE!

I was on an unpaid sick leave that unfortunately for me resulted in 1 or 2 missed payments. I’ve explained that I was terribly Ill and was not paying attention to the fact that ANY of my accounts set of for autopay was being rejected due to an expired card. UNLIKE most sensible merchants who contact their LOYAL CUSTOMERS or any customer when they notice a payment has been missed, AfterPay resorts to NON HUMAN FORMS OF COMMUNICATION! Less than a month later when I was back on my feet I IMMEDIATELY PAYED OFF THE PAYMENTS MISSED ALONG WITH THE ONES THATS WASNT DUE. To my surprise, PENALIZED BY AfterPay DRASTICALLY! My spending limit that was near $2000, a result of on time payments since late 2019 had been decreased to $50. ALL of my rewards stripped! I tried to appeal this by reaching out to customer service but received repetitive emails not explaining the drastic PUNISHMENT, but a regurgitated script of “SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE THIS HAS CAUSED….SPEND MORE MONEY TO BUILD BACK UP YOUR LIMIT.”The NIGHTMARE continued when I conceded and took the L when I realized AfterPay is A COMPANY WHO HAS NO REGARDS TO THE PRESENT DAY ISSUES WHERE THEIR CUSTOMERS HEALTH COULD BE THE REASON BEHIND A MISSED PAYMENT! The past couple of days I’ve been trying to buy 2 items under my now $50 spending limit. AfterPay HAS REJECTED EACH ATTEMPT CLAIMING THAT THE PURCHASE EXCEEDS MY SPENDING LIMIT!

PROS

At first it was a convient way to purchase what you WANT without making any sacrifices to you important and necessary bills. I would use the service to by clothing, perfumes, sneakers etc.

CONS

AfterPay is good until you have an issue. The company causes issues that impacts your account for months at a time and the consumer has no control over what happens! In the end a fun service turns to an unnecessary nightmare!My problems started when I received an Email from Afterpay support that my account had been Hacked. I responded to the Email and that was the beginning of the end. You would think changing my password would be fix the issue but it wasn’t. The various agents working on my case forgot the reason of my inquiry to THEIR email turned into me reaching out to them to report a breech in my account. This took over 2 months to resolve! If they had PHONE SUPPORT, this would have never been an issue.

Reasons for switching to Afterpay

AfterPay is A COMPANY WHO HAS NO REGARDS TO THE PRESENT DAY ISSUES WHERE THEIR CUSTOMERS HEALTH or Any unforeseen Emergency COULD BE THE REASON BEHIND A MISSED PAYMENT! THIS IS CLEARLY A COMPANY THAT BELIEVES ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION IS MORE EFFECTIVE THAN HUMANS! YOU CANT SPEAK TO A PERSON AND THE RESPONSE TIME OF CUSTOMER SERVICE IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE!

Twana

I LOVE Afterpay

I have loved using Afterpay as a store owner and consumer. My customers love it, as well.

PROS

It was really easy to set up, and customer service is easily accessible if assistance is needed. It is also easy to use, on the consumer side.

CONS

The fees are not clear. I cannot find the percentage that I'm paying, per order, anywhere. They need to be more transparent about that.

Reason for choosing Afterpay

I choose Afterpay because a rep reached out to me and asked me to consider it.

Niko

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Afterpay Review

Amazing!

PROS

The ease of use and integration is what we like and appreciate most about Afterpay. It is critical for payment processing to be as simple as possible for customers in 2022.

CONS

The reporting and administrative portals could be better. Would like to see a more comprehensive dashboard of sales and analytics.

Reason for choosing Afterpay

Pricing, customer service, and ease of use/integration.

Jo-Anne

Consumer Goods, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2024

Awful Company with incompetent staff!

At first great, but at the end, the absolute worst. They were trying to charge me for gift certificates I never obtained.

PROS

Being able to purchase items and pay every so many days after....

CONS

When there app didn't work, they still would try to charge you as if you received the items. And when trying to notify them, I received no assistance. This is 1 of the worst Companies I have ever done businedd with....

Sara

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2021

Love Afterpay - great offering for our customers!

PROS

Our customers love the flexibility of afterpay's services

CONS

fees for brands can be a bit high compared to other payment processors

Reason for choosing Afterpay

Afterpay had a better reputation in my industry

Candace

Reviewed December 2021

My customers LOVE Afterpay!

PROS

Afterpay has been a huge help in growing my AOV! My customers love how easy it is to use and how it makes a new wardrobe affordable!

CONS

Reporting could be more extensive. I feel the merchant backend is lacking in features

Reasons for switching to Afterpay

Sezzle made some major mistakes on the customers payments. Unacceptable.

Kaelia

Love it

My overall experience has been amazing, I’ve increased sales and order size

PROS

Afterpay has increased sales and helped our customers order more at once. It is user friendly and easy to instal

CONS

There isn’t really anything I feel is lacking

Reason for choosing Afterpay

I chose afterpay because it was quicker to be approved

Pololani

E-Learning, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed February 2023

A Great Way to Buy Now and Pay Later

I enjoy using Afterpay for both personal and business and will continue to use this software.

PROS

I like that AfterPay is user-friendly inside the app when shopping and looking for stores. Putting all their available stores in categories makes it easy to navigate through and there is a variety of stores. Anyone can find a store to shop at. I like that they offer in-app and in-store options and I like that they have a rewards program.

CONS

The speed of the app when going from store to store or category to category can improve. It is way too slow and very frustrating. I get impatient most of the time I am in the app and start clicking everywhere because nothing is happening and when it finally wants to wake up and go it clicks me everywhere I clicked except for the intended location. That is my only complaint about this softwarde.

Carly

Arts and Crafts, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2023

Misleading application info.

Frustrating and a waste of time.

PROS

Didn't get a chance to use it as they denied my application after they let me get it all set up.

CONS

After applying on-line I received an email directing me through the process to set up the service on my website, which I did successfully and received another message saying it was ready to use. Then I received an email from customer service to say my application was rejected because my average shop item costs over $2000. They do not provide any info. about these restrictions anywhere on the website and I wasted my time setting up the service under the impression that I was already approved. Be very careful when setting up this service and don't waste your time doing anything until you get confirmation of account approval from customers service.

Reason for choosing Afterpay

Klarna isn't available to sole proprietorships in Canada. - also learned this the hard way after wasting time with an application process of 2 weeks.

Chriztina

Buy Now, Pay Later

Overall, its been great. I was pretty disappointed that I pay a higher processing fee than a few of my colleagues. I tried to negotiate the rate down a little and didn’t have much luck. One of my friends has a business of comparable size, so it felt especially weird that I pay more than her. (I understand major retailers getting volume breaks, but it stung to find out I was paying more when I was one of the first brands to onboard with Afterpay when they came to America)

PROS

Giving customers the option to split their order into 4 payments has helped increase my AOV and after all of these years, I have never had a customer complain about Afterpays service - so thats a win!

CONS

Unable to secure marketing placements. So I feel like smaller brands just get “lost in the shuffle” unless they are VERY lucky and selected to be featured in marketing materials

Zandra

Love

My overall experience is great

PROS

How easy it is to setup. It was a no brainer for me plus Afterpay pays quality

CONS

Nothing to be honest. I don’t have much to say as I have never experienced any issues

How easy it was to ise

501-1,000 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Great payment app

Love this app

PROS

1. I use this app especially paying out for clothing or other stuffin malls/shops without giving any upfront payment. 2. Great installment options. 3. Great deals for app customers. 4. Give points to app customers in which they can extend their payment dates, no upfront payment on shopping. 5. Digital card which you can save in your wallet and use for payments. 6. Your card details, payments will be protected from scammers.

CONS

I did not find any problem while using app.

Reasons for switching to Afterpay

Because payments are fortnighthly and aligned with people fortnightly salary.

Tonja

Additional Revenue

PROS

Afterpay provides shoppers with alternate payment options by offering a payment plan. The plan encourages customers to shop more often and/or increase the total of their purchases.

CONS

I don’t have any cons. Integration process was easy.

Adriana

Awesome Software

Great so far

PROS

The integration is super easy Great option for my customers

CONS

Nothing Everything so far has been easy and smooth to integrate and transition to

Reason for choosing Afterpay

Yes Much better software and modern design

mustafa

Great Service for our customers

PROS

This service allows our customers to pay overtime, with no extra charges to the customer. And it is really easy to set up on our backend

CONS

The backend reporting could be improved. There is not an easy summary report for me to look at month over month.

Reason for choosing Afterpay

Allows for pay over time on any value.

Nicole