CashFootprint Point-of-Sale

CashFootprint Point-of-Sale Reviews

RATING:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Last of all, I really like how once a person buys Cash Footprint they get a lifetime commitment of service from the company."
  • icon"Other Point of Sale software I considered purchasing required monthly fees and expensive or exclusive hardware."
  • icon"I like this software to help me at my sales events."
  • icon"Inability FOR THE MOMENT to do very detailed and in depth customizable reports."
  • icon"Inability to add make another computer a main if needed."

Have you used CashFootprint Point-of-Sale and would like to share your experience with others?

All CashFootprint Point-of-Sale Reviews

Mike

Industry: Sporting Goods

Works great for both of my shop locations.

Both of my stores use the same software, consistency. Reports are easy to produce.

Pros

Features for the price. This software does everything we need. Easily adaptable to my business, which is a niche business in retail (Bowling Pro Shops).

Cons

Would like to be able to get into inventory more easily when in the receive inventory screen. Would like to be able to find prices/change prices on items while receiving inventory.

Brett

Industry: Wine and Spirits

I have used CashFootPrint for a few years now, the price is low cost for what you get in program.

Benefit of knowing it is a program that wont crash. And does everything I need.

Pros

Pro Version, Ease of use, ease of adding items. Reports are great and customization is simple. NEVER a crash like a few other programs I tried that required complete recount. Fast and easy to train on.

Cons

I trust this Program 100% I would like the option for several merchant account processors all ready in system.

TERRI

LIKED THIS PROGRAM SO WELL I PUT IN AT ANOTHER LOCATION OF MINE

Pros

VERY USER FRIENDLY NOT TOO MANY STEPS WHEN CASHING OUT A CUSTOMER . SET UP IS EASY AND VERY MANAGEABLE. SETTING UP PROMOS AND DISCOUNTS IS PRETTY EASY ALSO

Cons

TOO MUCH PAPER PRINTED ON FULL SHEETS SHOULD PRINT IN SMALLER VERSION OR AT LEAST AN OPTION TO DO SO

We needed an inexpensive point of sale software. CashFootprint was the answer!

We are able to track our stock and know when to reorder a product. We can also upload our customers to see previous purchases. This allows us to tell them the sizes and styles purchased previously.

Pros

This product is easy to use. We were up and running in no time. Also, the company provides Youtube videos to help with trouble shooting. If that doesn't help, the customer support team answers your email or phone call within about an hour.

Cons

I would like to see more features on the inventory side of the program. But, it is a pos product and not an inventory product.

Sheila

GREAT PRODUCT AND SUPPORT

We are very satisfied because the support has been very good and the price comparison to similar products was a winning combination

Pros

The simple interface and it was very easy to setup. We also like the fact that there is no monthly fees to budget

Cons

Email setup was a bit challenging but support was slow in this regard. Font size is also a bit small

Toni

A Power House in a small Package

I really love the CashFootprint POS. I believe it is very user friendly and it only get better with every update as the years goes by.

Pros

The ease of use The inexpensiveness of the software The numerous customizable features offered The fact that updates are free Wonderful Customer Service

Cons

Inability FOR THE MOMENT to do very detailed and in depth customizable reports

Janie

Lothill support is always quick to reposnse to me concerns & help in any way!

Pros

What I like most about the Cashfootprint Point-of-sale is the user friendly layout. Most things are easy to find and I've learned multiple shortcuts.

Cons

What I like least about the Cashfootprint Point-of-sale is not having the straight forward option to do layaways. Accounts receivable is what we've been using but get customers confused.

Mike

3 Month Review

I have only ever used the National POS softwares to run my business. When looking to upgrade my system, I had decided against the cloud & invest into CashFootprint. I have been using it for 3 months now & must say that I had converted over to it rather easily. As with any software change, you can expect a modest learning curve - though it was a pretty straight forward conversion. The available features are everything that I could possibly need to grow my business. I also like how the platform continues to grow and get better through updates. It's a cost effective & efficient system that I would recommend to anybody.

Pros

Lothill is a company that listens to its customers & is always making improvements to its software.

Cons

It's value packed software - though will not have every feature of the much more expensive software companies.

Jordon

we love our CFP, is the easiest and cheapest way to run our small business POS

stopped writing paper receipts.

Pros

ease of use and setup, cost, lack of subscription fees. not trying to write a book here, your stuff works so I use it, are we at 100 characters yet?

Cons

seems to freeze up when closing til sometimes, sometimes slow to respond to customer or inventory queries - probably more of a laptop issue

Brett

Absolutely the best value out there!!

Pros

Simple to use and very versatile! Great features and reporting capabilities! The functionality is simple to train and the technical support is second to none!

Cons

Some of the sales reporting does not allow enough space for values in the millions and tens of millions.

Candy

small Sub shop chain

I've been using cash footprint for about 2 years now and it has been very easy for myself and my employees to learn. I'd like a couple different reports to be added and a short / over added to the x drawer count but other then that I am very happy.

Pros

very straight forward and cost effective

Cons

need a few other reports and a short /* over on x report

Dennis

Does exactly what we needed

With 55 plus artists selling work in our galleries and artwork always coming and going to fairs and exhibits, we needed a flexible system. This does it for us. Each artist also works the shop, but only a time or two a month so ease of use and a flat learning curve were important.

Pros

flexibility and ease of use.

Cons

Adding customers to database is awkward. Also would like the ability to customize fields shown when adding customer data.

Response from LotHill Solutions

Hi Dennis, thank you for your feedback; much appreciated! I am glad you find CashFootprint useful for your business. I understand you likely have a million things going on, but if you find a moment to share your ideas on how we can improve the customer side of things, please email us at product.support@lothill.com Kind regards, James

Replied January 2017

Thomas

August 2016

Great help for my printer problem

This POS software has been a bargain from the get-go. Fully function inventory and retail POS system with the world's very best support.

Pros

Functionality, database-based, great support.

Cons

There is really nothing that comes to mind.

Benoit

POS well done, very easy to understand with all the youtube videos

Match exactly my business need

Pros

I like possibility to do assemble items, discount, mix & match and open customer account with the AR account. All the reports are good, by category that you want.

Cons

The biometric read for customer is not available yet, but suppose to be there before 2019 said the boss! Thanks, hope it go well!

Jess

Best Point of Sale Software for Small Business

Cash Footprint allows me to process customer purchases, receive their money, and allows me to create in-house charge accounts (which I like). Cash Footprint is feature-rich and is not a "stripped down" version of expensive point of sale systems (in my opinion).

Pros

There are several things that I really liked about Cash Footprint. For one, there are no recurring monthly fees. Other Point of Sale software I considered purchasing required monthly fees and expensive or exclusive hardware. Cash Footprint works with a lot of "off the shelf" peripherals so a person isn't "stuck" buying hardware devices specifically designed for the product. Secondly, I really like the customer service. There was one specific "off the shelf" point of sale software I purchased a few years ago that after 90 days there was no further customer service. Besides it was "glitchy" and some of the functionality was cumbersome to get it work exactly right. With Cash Footprint, anytime I had an issue or a question, I could e-mail [SENSISTIVE CONTENT HIDDEN](or watch a Youtube video) and get the answers to my questions quickly. Last of all, I really like how once a person buys Cash Footprint they get a lifetime commitment of service from the company. Cash Footprint sells receipt printers, cash drawers, barcode scanners - and even the complete system. I specifically like the receipt printer because it prints 3" receipts (instead of 2"). Cash Footprint does not cut corners on selling peripherals and hardware. The software works great for me. Yeah, I as an Avon Independent Sales Representative I do have customers that give me orders but I also have sales events where customers buy from on hand inventory as well. I like this software to help me at my sales events.

Cons

I have no cons but I don't enjoy putting in inventory because it's time-consuming but that's not Cash Footprint's fault; it just wants a lot of details because the more details about my products the better, right? It would be nice to use an existing credit card processing system, which I have to use outside Cash Footprint to process credit and debit card sales.

Reasons for choosing CashFootprint Point-of-Sale

I didn't want to pay monthly fees for a program I wasn't going to be using all the time. I didn't want to purchase expensive hardware either. Cash Footprint is for the "little man" and it's perfect for me.

Reasons for switching to CashFootprint Point-of-Sale

Cash Footprint is better for a lot reasons. The software I was using was "glitchy" and didn't seem as "perfect" as Cash Footprint.

Response from LotHill Solutions

Jess, thank you for the fabulous review. Much appreciated! If you have any questions going forward, feel free to reach out. As you know, we offer free support and software updates for all our products. A couple things to note for folks reading this review... We offer payroll services and employee time clock solutions too (TimeDrop and Tickadee). We DO offer integrated card processing using some existing card processors. If you are using something like PayPal or Square, we won't be able to integrate those, but our pricing would be better than the flat 2.9% or 2.7% fees anyway... esp if you process a lot of debit cards. It's worth a shot for us to get you a free savings comparison. Have a great day! - James

Replied December 2019