• Pros

• "good price and easy to use and the tech support is great"

• "Simple to use and very versatile! Great features and reporting capabilities! The functionality is simple to train and the technical support is second to none!"

• "Its easy to use implement and teach. Love being able to track everything."

• Cons

• "It's value packed software - though will not have every feature of the much more expensive software companies."

• "Its not much of a con but the only downside was SQL server was tricky to setup if you are using windows 10. (Its not cashfootprints' fault windows 10 is really buggy) "

• "I would like to see more features on the inventory side of the program. But, it is a pos product and not an inventory product."

Browse CashFootprint Professional Reviews

Jess from Avon Independent Sales Representative

Best Point of Sale Software for Small Business

Cash Footprint allows me to process customer purchases, receive their money, and allows me to create in-house charge accounts (which I like). Cash Footprint is feature-rich and is not a "stripped down" version of expensive point of sale systems (in my opinion).

Pros

There are several things that I really liked about Cash Footprint. For one, there are no recurring monthly fees. Other Point of Sale software I considered purchasing required monthly fees and expensive or exclusive hardware. Cash Footprint works with a lot of "off the shelf" peripherals so a person isn't "stuck" buying hardware devices specifically designed for the product. Secondly, I really like the customer service. There was one specific "off the shelf" point of sale software I purchased a few years ago that after 90 days there was no further customer service. Besides it was "glitchy" and some of the functionality was cumbersome to get it work exactly right. With Cash Footprint, anytime I had an issue or a question, I could e-mail [SENSISTIVE CONTENT HIDDEN](or watch a Youtube video) and get the answers to my questions quickly. Last of all, I really like how once a person buys Cash Footprint they get a lifetime commitment of service from the company. Cash Footprint sells receipt printers, cash drawers, barcode scanners - and even the complete system. I specifically like the receipt printer because it prints 3" receipts (instead of 2"). Cash Footprint does not cut corners on selling peripherals and hardware. The software works great for me. Yeah, I as an Avon Independent Sales Representative I do have customers that give me orders but I also have sales events where customers buy from on hand inventory as well. I like this software to help me at my sales events.

Cons

I have no cons but I don't enjoy putting in inventory because it's time-consuming but that's not Cash Footprint's fault; it just wants a lot of details because the more details about my products the better, right? It would be nice to use an existing credit card processing system, which I have to use outside Cash Footprint to process credit and debit card sales.

Reasons for Choosing CashFootprint Professional

I didn't want to pay monthly fees for a program I wasn't going to be using all the time. I didn't want to purchase expensive hardware either. Cash Footprint is for the "little man" and it's perfect for me.

Response from LotHill Solutions

Replied December 2019

Jess, thank you for the fabulous review. Much appreciated! If you have any questions going forward, feel free to reach out. As you know, we offer free support and software updates for all our products. A couple things to note for folks reading this review... We offer payroll services and employee time clock solutions too (TimeDrop and Tickadee). We DO offer integrated card processing using some existing card processors. If you are using something like PayPal or Square, we won't be able to integrate those, but our pricing would be better than the flat 2.9% or 2.7% fees anyway... esp if you process a lot of debit cards. It's worth a shot for us to get you a free savings comparison. Have a great day! - James

Joyce from Retail

Excellent Software Support!

I have already done an initial review after I setup the software with all the inventory and completed first month billing of customers. I wanted to do an updated review of the ongoing use of the software and support assistance. I am very impressed with the speed at which my questions have been answered. And I have already had and upgrade to the software free of charge as promised. I encourage anyone sitting on the fence in considering this program to take the leap and buy it; you will be very satisfied with the training videos and the powerful tool for the low purchase price.

Pros

I like how easy it was to setup and use and the cheap price. Also the ease to do backups.

Cons

I had to really think about this answer. Least of all I did not like the setup of the statement for the accounts receivable. I wrote to the support team and they made immediate changes to the statement in answser to my issues. Needless to say I was shocked and very impressed at the same time at the speed they addressed my concern. Since they made the changes there is nothing I don't like about this software.

Reasons for Choosing CashFootprint Professional

Purchase price, customer support and upgrades pricing

Chris from Weavers High Lakes Feed

A long learning experience but so far we like our new system

Inventory tracking, better reciepts than the previous system we had

Pros

Most features are easy to use once set up properly, The reports are extreamly helpful , Their support staff is great, I was very frustrated and the customer took control of our computer and explained what he was fixing and how it effects the program. Thanks to him I am no longer frustrated. Thanks a bunch James!!!!

Cons

I wish the videos and instructions could be a little easier to understand. Thanks for pause and rewind buttons. I had to watch 3 or 4 times to keep up und understand what needed to be done.

Jim Ed from Gem City Vacuums

Trouble fixed.

Pros

Easy to use. Works for my shop like it was designed for me. Easy to set up and figure out and back ups are easy.

Cons

That it does not have the ability to keep track of repair tickets for my shop. A module added to my POS would be perfect..I will wait.

Response from LotHill Solutions

Replied August 2017

Hey Jim Ed, good to hear from you! Glad you are loving the program. Don't forget, to enable the ability to open and save transactions for work orders you can go to Tools menu > Options > Add-ons and turn on that feature. There is no added cost to do so for the pro version. We have chosen to turn that feature off by default so it doesn't clutter the screen. Most of our users don't use that feature out of the box so we have it turned off. Let me know if you need anything else. Have a great day! - James

Jim Ed from Gem City Vacuums

So far its unbeatable

I've been using CashFoot print for over 3 years and am happy with the software and James, the technical support. It stinks when you can't use your software or get into your POS,prior company I was with had bad software that did the backups,where I actually lost 2/3's of my inventory and customer data base. I thought the backups were going correctly but when I did need the backup information is when I found problems with their backup. I can happily say, I've never had a problem with CashFootPrints like that. Highly recommended.

Pros

Dependability,Technical support and company always open to my suggestions.

Cons

The fact that I can't sit in my chair and give the software voice commands, but knowing James, it will be one day if its needed by all.

Selena from Closet Moderno

Always when we need support, they're there for us! The software is easy to use!

The feature to add customers with their phone numbers is great! If we expand, we can get another pos and all inventory is synced to the second pos.

Pros

The layout! It is easy to figure out if you have the time! I've seen software when checking out at other store and it looks confusing and very bland. We love the quick sell button feature! And the feature to add customers which helps us know which are repeat customers.

Cons

We offer layaway but layaway isn't available yet on the software so we have to keep up with it ourselves.

Jimmy from Soyworx, LLC

Robust POS System without the Robust Price Tag...

We were looking for a TOP SHELF POS system without a top shelf price tag and Cash Footprint fits the bill nicely. They are frequently adding new features and the ease of use make it an even more priceless tool to have in your retail toolbox. It has great reports for sales, inventory and low inventory - plus multiple added features such as a time clock & the ability to use your own gift cards. It is linkable with multiple locations and the folks at Lothill step up to the plate to deliver a home run every time we interact with them. Thanks for building a system that's everything you need in a retail environment!

Jim from Cooks Appliance

Awesome program and support

Being able to see inventory and sales is awesome.

Pros

Its easy to use implement and teach. Love being able to track everything.

Cons

None. I think every part of this program is great. No complaints.

Sheila from Travel & Luggage Centre

GREAT PRODUCT

Pros

As a very small startup business it is all about the fact that this product will get the job done despite the very reasonable price compared to others.

Cons

There is no con, considering the price and support

price

Zubair from GFI (Pvt) Ltd

Industry: Food Production

Simply Awesome

With this system the inventory is also managed now and we can check the stocks any time we want to.

Pros

Everything you need for POS system is in cashfootprint software, and best of all if the support you get. Really appreciate the customer service rep for his dedication towards customer support/queries.

Cons

The license should check if the system is connected or not doesnt matter if the system is same or different.

Jim Ed from GEM CITY VACUUMS

Very good POS system

I have a vacuum repair and sewing machine business with 50,000 pieces (plus) and it handles the inventory well and my customer base,does pretty much what I want it to do and more.

Pros

That its more reliable and easy to use than Perennial. I stopped using Perennial about 4 years ago and have been using CashFootprint POS since, matter of fact I use 2 copies for my business.

Cons

I am happy with it so I won't say anything negative about the software.

Mike from Mike Austin's Bowling Dynamix Pro Shops

Industry: Sporting Goods

Works great for both of my shop locations.

Both of my stores use the same software, consistency. Reports are easy to produce.

Pros

Features for the price. This software does everything we need. Easily adaptable to my business, which is a niche business in retail (Bowling Pro Shops).

Cons

Would like to be able to get into inventory more easily when in the receive inventory screen. Would like to be able to find prices/change prices on items while receiving inventory.

Brett from White Lightning Liquor

Industry: Wine and Spirits

I have used CashFootPrint for a few years now, the price is low cost for what you get in program.

Benefit of knowing it is a program that wont crash. And does everything I need.

Pros

Pro Version, Ease of use, ease of adding items. Reports are great and customization is simple. NEVER a crash like a few other programs I tried that required complete recount. Fast and easy to train on.

Cons

I trust this Program 100% I would like the option for several merchant account processors all ready in system.

Jennifer from Faith Academy

We needed an inexpensive point of sale software. CashFootprint was the answer!

We are able to track our stock and know when to reorder a product. We can also upload our customers to see previous purchases. This allows us to tell them the sizes and styles purchased previously.

Pros

This product is easy to use. We were up and running in no time. Also, the company provides Youtube videos to help with trouble shooting. If that doesn't help, the customer support team answers your email or phone call within about an hour.

Willie from Unique Menswear, INC

Awesome P.O.S. System & Support

We have not regretted a day that we purchased this system. Easy of use and functionality is great. All future locations will have LotHills P.O.S. systems software and systems in place. An in system Lay-A-Way program would be an awesome item to add to the current software, Thanks for the great support and easy of use for the current system.

Pros

Easy of use

Cons

Need to have the ability / option not to print all of the reports at the end of the day.

Toni from Tiles In Styles Hardware

A Power House in a small Package

I really love the CashFootprint POS. I believe it is very user friendly and it only get better with every update as the years goes by.

Pros

The ease of use The inexpensiveness of the software The numerous customizable features offered The fact that updates are free Wonderful Customer Service

Cons

Inability FOR THE MOMENT to do very detailed and in depth customizable reports

Janie from Closet Moderno

Lothill support is always quick to reposnse to me concerns & help in any way!

Pros

What I like most about the Cashfootprint Point-of-sale is the user friendly layout. Most things are easy to find and I've learned multiple shortcuts.

Cons

What I like least about the Cashfootprint Point-of-sale is not having the straight forward option to do layaways. Accounts receivable is what we've been using but get customers confused.

Mike from My Scrub Shop

3 Month Review

I have only ever used the National POS softwares to run my business. When looking to upgrade my system, I had decided against the cloud & invest into CashFootprint. I have been using it for 3 months now & must say that I had converted over to it rather easily. As with any software change, you can expect a modest learning curve - though it was a pretty straight forward conversion. The available features are everything that I could possibly need to grow my business. I also like how the platform continues to grow and get better through updates. It's a cost effective & efficient system that I would recommend to anybody.

Pros

Lothill is a company that listens to its customers & is always making improvements to its software.

Jordon from Lilybelle Locks

we love our CFP, is the easiest and cheapest way to run our small business POS

stopped writing paper receipts.

Pros

ease of use and setup, cost, lack of subscription fees. not trying to write a book here, your stuff works so I use it, are we at 100 characters yet?

Cons

seems to freeze up when closing til sometimes, sometimes slow to respond to customer or inventory queries - probably more of a laptop issue

Brett from American Pallet Liquidators

Absolutely the best value out there!!

Pros

Cons

Some of the sales reporting does not allow enough space for values in the millions and tens of millions.

Gaurav from Financial Services

Industry: Tobacco

Pros

This POS is very good value for money. We have used it for over 4 years now, never had a problem and have it installed at three different machines. Executve is very helpful and provides timely support.

Cons

We don't have any issues with this POS software.

Joseph from Unique Menswear, Inc

CashFootprint Point-of Sale Software

Nothing negative, software is great, price is reasonable and support is excellent. Had an issue and the company response was quick and efficient to ensure our down time was almost nothing.

Pros

Ease of use and user friendly.

Cons

Nothing I can say in this area.

Richard from Franklin Gun Vault

Bought this software in 2014 for no recurring fees

Pros

It works fine, it's simple and does what we need. From tracking inventory to sales tax reports, It works fine.

Cons

Some of the reports are not intuitive to find. You have to remember how you got the correct report last time.

Lorrie from Doggie Style

Great software and customer service

Pros

It does everything I need from POS to reports. Very nice apearance, works smoothly, and they are always adding new features. This company is always listening to their customers and gets back with you quickly.

Xavier from La Sabrosita

Industry: Supermarkets

very usefull tools for retails.

The system, is really easy to use and let me monitor sales, inventory, employees working time.

Pros

easy to customize the quick sales button

Cons

honestly i do not have any negative point for he system, for my operation fit really good.

James from Bryants Osage Outdoors,LLC

Industry: Sporting Goods

Customer service above and beyond

Purchased the software based on value and the ability to download a trail version. The setup was very easy, and when I had a problem moving a terminal to another location, the professionals at Lot Hill had me up and running in no time!

Pros

Ease of use, installation and operation, the trial version was also helpful in making my decision along with Lot hill answering all my questions before I made my purchase.

Cons

I find very few cons, and when I question functionality, Lot hill always helps me with the solution I need to fit my retail business

Yamilka from Summitour Travel Agency Inc

Very useful POS for our Small Business

It is a great software, very efficient and cost effective.

Pros

I found CashFootprint to be a great cloud POS. This great application keeps my inventory organized and allows me o keep a history of my customers while process transactions in a secure manner. I love the Loyalty points feature and gift card tracking and the customers love them too.

Cons

We function in Layaway. All of our customers buy our packages in layaway and I would like to have that feature available.

Floyd from Kwik Prints LLC

owner

Pros

good price and easy to use and the tech support is great

Cons

needs a employee time clock and could have easier customer find files

Alan from G & A Sales

New User

With this system it was easy to hook up the back office to the counter. Now we can add items in back and have them show up at the counter. This way we are not trying up the counter system to add items. Also, can send out emails to customers about new specials. We love the system it easy to use and has worked just fine.

Pros

We purchased the total package. When it arrived the only thing missing was the cable to hookup the monitor. Emailed the representative and he sent one out right away had it in two days. The program and hardware works great. Had a few problems but, he fixed them right away. I would tell anyone looking to buy a POS system "this is the one for you". Quickbooks POS program is over $1,700 dollars with NO hardware. The service is OUT STANDING. I think my representative never sleeps.

Cons

Have no cons. This program was best value.

Candy from Jreck Subs

small Sub shop chain

I've been using cash footprint for about 2 years now and it has been very easy for myself and my employees to learn. I'd like a couple different reports to be added and a short / over added to the x drawer count but other then that I am very happy.

Pros

very straight forward and cost effective

Cons

need a few other reports and a short /* over on x report

TERRI from T 7 D QUICK STOP, INC

LIKED THIS PROGRAM SO WELL I PUT IN AT ANOTHER LOCATION OF MINE

Pros

VERY USER FRIENDLY NOT TOO MANY STEPS WHEN CASHING OUT A CUSTOMER . SET UP IS EASY AND VERY MANAGEABLE. SETTING UP PROMOS AND DISCOUNTS IS PRETTY EASY ALSO

Cons

TOO MUCH PAPER PRINTED ON FULL SHEETS SHOULD PRINT IN SMALLER VERSION OR AT LEAST AN OPTION TO DO SO

Robert from Colorful Colorado Gallery & Gifts

BEST POS software for a small business!!

I would 100% recommend this software for ANY retail business looking to get everything you need for this amount ! Every other POS system I looked at was more costly (which doesn't make sense for a "start up" business.) I was overwhelmed by the ease of learning the system and the simplicity with which to upload Excel databases of my inventory (from my old store) was EXCELLENT!! Even after spending on the software, the customer service (WHICH IS INCLUDED) was simple and very responsive. ALL AROUND A++! I wish Lothill the very best for a bright and successful future! Thank you.

Pros

Price is unbeatable and the customer service is better than ANY company (even the likes of corporate giants like Home Depot, Cabella's, Target, WalMart) that I have every experienced.

Cons

Installation has some quirks but the customer service was very responsive to my needs.

Elphie from Private

Simple yet powerful POS with Excellent customer service

I just had it for evaluation though my family decided on custom made POS,their support all through out was supwrb and Beyond comparable to POS of big names.

Pros

Simple and does not complicate things. It also has the capability to add a quick sell button which is rare for POS now a days.

Cons

Response from LotHill Solutions

Replied February 2017

Hi Elphie, thank you for the review! I look forward to chatting with you in the future regarding other implementations of CashFootprint. BTW, to search by words, you may use the Item Search button on the POS screen. This will allow you to for items using words in the item description or sku. You may also filter by department, category, etc. Kind regards, James

Dennis from West Main Artists Co-op

Does exactly what we needed

With 55 plus artists selling work in our galleries and artwork always coming and going to fairs and exhibits, we needed a flexible system. This does it for us. Each artist also works the shop, but only a time or two a month so ease of use and a flat learning curve were important.

Pros

flexibility and ease of use.

Cons

Adding customers to database is awkward. Also would like the ability to customize fields shown when adding customer data.

Response from LotHill Solutions

Replied January 2017

Hi Dennis, thank you for your feedback; much appreciated! I am glad you find CashFootprint useful for your business. I understand you likely have a million things going on, but if you find a moment to share your ideas on how we can improve the customer side of things, please email us at product.support@lothill.com Kind regards, James

Gerry from Rivers Edge Sports

Skeptical

This POS system is helping us to manage our inventory without having to purchase an expensive system with a lot of features that we will never use. It also does NOT have a monthly fee.

Pros

This software is everything that we had hoped for. It is easy to use, videos give you almost all the answers to any questions and CSR will give you the rest of the answers. We love this CashFootprint Point of Sale system. We would recommend it to all small businesses that want to use a simple and easy to use POS system.

Cons

Haven't found what we like least yet. We are happy so far.

Wayne from Mass Candymonium & Nuts, LLC

Best customer service

Pros

This company has the best customer service. Great product, easy to use, pleasing layout, but most of all, the staff is the best! That is what pushed me over the edge to buy it, VERY prompt service by email.

Cons

I have yet to find something I can't work around. Getting the database set up was a bit confusing but tech support helped me thru it.

Thomas from Ruby's Gone Quilting

August 2016

Great help for my printer problem

This POS software has been a bargain from the get-go. Fully function inventory and retail POS system with the world's very best support.

Pros

Functionality, database-based, great support.

Cons

There is really nothing that comes to mind.

Jade from www.thevapourman.com

A friend of mine introduced us to Cashfootprint, great product, easy to use and reliable! Would highly recommend!

Pros

Cons

Sometimes laggy

Response from LotHill Solutions

Replied December 2016

Hi Jade, thank you for your review! I am excited to hear you are enjoying CashFootprint and are ready to recommend it to others. I see you mentioned there can sometimes be lag. Please contact us at your convenience, I would like to hear more about the lag you are experiencing. I am certain we can find the cause and make adjustments to improve performance. Talk to you soon, James

Rashid from Julies

Brilliant. All functions are logical. Don't need to be an IT person to install and use.

Pros

The videos. Watch them and follow. So the first is ease of installation. Second is the support. Tickets are issued and followed up with responses quickly. Lastly it is intuitive. Easy to learn and teach.

Cons

Optics can be enhanced. Inventory input method for multiple scenarios I.e. style no., colour and size is little intense. Perhaps a simple grid will be helpful.

December 2014

Buddy from Nixon Mobile Home Supply

December 2014

CASHFOOTPRINT

We sell manufactured housing repair parts and stock approximately 2500 different items. We have used the CASHFOOTPRINT system with credit card processing for just over 2 years. We operate with 3 terminals on the counter and 1 in the office. Everything works smoothly . We are running on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit on computers that are several years old. Although these are minimal systems, everything works fairly fast. The few times we have had a problem, James has responded immediately and resolved it quickly. The customer service is above and beyond what should be expected. The cost to get the system up and running was far less than we expected. I highly recommend CASHFOOTPRINT to anyone contemplating automating their retail sales and inventory.

Lawrence from Larry's DVD's

A great product

It is a very easy program to setup and use works very well, only drawback is that it does not read barcodes on receipt

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

Does not read barcodes on receipt

Response from LotHill Solutions

Replied April 2017

Hi Lawrence, I appreciate you taking time to leave a review. Please visit us at helpdesk.lothill.com if you need to report any additional issues. I will have the barcode on the receipt researched, to ensure proper functionality. If we can reproduce the issue, it will be fixed and made available in one of our subsequent free updates. Also, if you have not already, visit www.lothill.com/downloads to make sure you are using the latest version. As of this review the latest is 2.4.3.0. Kind regards, James

Benoit from Le Marchand du Coin

POS well done, very easy to understand with all the youtube videos

Match exactly my business need

Pros

I like possibility to do assemble items, discount, mix & match and open customer account with the AR account. All the reports are good, by category that you want.

Cons

The biometric read for customer is not available yet, but suppose to be there before 2019 said the boss! Thanks, hope it go well!

Myrtle from M & M Entertainment

How much I love this program

Inventory was my biggest obstacle to deal with and this program has taken that away. If I have a problem I call or message and they respond back very quickly.

Pros

This is hard because I love everything about this program, it has made running my business easy.

Cons

I cannot say anything bad about this program.

June 2016

Brinda from Najdik

June 2016

Why not POS?

I personally love the warehouse monitoring aspect. Creates a log which can be referred whenever something is wrong with stocking facility. Variants support is unique. Complete exclusive set of datas for each product and its variant. Super cool But why is that your retail store management tool lacks POS? and training kits too??

Response from LotHill Solutions

Replied June 2016

Hello, thank you for your review; however it seems you may have left a review for another software. CashFootprint is a POS application and it's primary focus is point of sale and inventory control. Please let us know if you need assistance with using the POS portion of the software. Kind regards, James

Jill from Golden Aspen Rally

Reinstall CashFoot on New PC

Except for the days to respond, the experience and resolution to my issue was satisfactory. The tech was polite, knowledgeable, courteous and solved and answered all issues and questions.

Pros

ease of use

Response from LotHill Solutions

Replied April 2017

Hi Jill, thank you! I appreciate you taking time from your busy day to leave a review. If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us. Feel free to use both email and phone. Kind regards, James

January 2015

Nick from Lit'l Links Golf Club

January 2015

Very Happy with CashFootprint

Pros - Ease of use, very stable, LotHill is great at answering any questions I have and providing updates with added features. They listen to their customers' suggestions and always respond quickly with any concerns I have. Cons - None really, I may have had a minor issue here or there, but James always responds very quickly and works to solve any concerns we might have in a timely manner. Overall this is a great product for a small business like us. The price is right, and the POS interface is professional looking and very easy to use with a small learning curve. I would definitely recommend this to any business owner.

February 2015

Shawn from First Choice Marine

February 2015

Excellent choice for a POS System

When I was looking for a POS system to fit the needs of my Marine business, I search around looking for a reasonably priced solution, that was easy to setup and use, while allowing for easy import of my large amount of products. I found it with CashFootprint. It was easy to install on the equipment that I already had, importing my products was simple and it has ran flawlessly since I installed it in 2013. Customer Service has been great and email response times are way beyond what is expected. I highly recommend this to anybody looking to setup a retail POS, regardless of size. You won't be disappointed.

Paul from White Star Liquors

CashFootprint

Pros

Very easy to get set up and start using right away. Excellent customer support. Lots of features built into software.

Cons

Large amount of features can be intimidating at first. Only integrated with a few credit processors.

Carolyn from The General Store

Easy to install and use with the helpful videos & great customer service response.

Pros

Ease of use. Has a lot of features for the money. Much more to offer for less money than other software I have used.

Cons

Figuring out how to add discounts to items is confusing since we don't discount everything the same.

Rupert from Krisjay Variety Store

six star for this POS

If I could give it 6 stars I would. I must say this Stand alone POS is the best that I have used for the price. Most importantly for me is the quality customer service / tech support they offer. It is simple and easy to use and understand. Bottom line, its worth every dollar. I would encourage any body to buy, cause you won't be disappointed.

Response from LotHill Solutions

Replied February 2017

Thanks so much for your feedback! CashFootprint is stand-alone; however, you can add additional terminals and share the information among them all if needed. Have a great weekend!