Curate

Curate Reviews

RATING:

• icon"I like that i can save recipes,shopping lists,exact stem counts,the price integration part and also that i can streamline my business."
  • icon"It has 100 percent changed my life and my business. All of the amazing features save me months worth of time."
  • icon"I love how quickly I can generate a personalized proposal to a new client."
  • icon"I desperately need client management for emails. I can't keep track of them so having a section where it's in the client portal including emails back and forth is imperative."
  • icon"Not up-to-date pricing on some things...duplicate items that show up as duplicate or as another line item...at times confusing when ordering from the shopping list."
  • icon"I always worry they aren't going to see the tiny image there."

Browse all Curate Reviews

• Have you used Curate and would like to share your experience with others?

Stacey

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Time saving program!

I have had more leads turn into proposals, which have then turned into bookings. This was my number one concern. I would get a lead that would then fizzle out because I had no way for clients to fill out an online questionnaire. With the form section I was able to create a simple questionnaire that leads could fill out on their computer or phone easily. I can then automatically create a proposal for them based off of one of my templates.

Pros

This has been the best decision I have ever made for my business! Not only does this program save me time and energy, but it looks professional and is easy to use. My clients love it as well! The entire process from start to finish with my clients is now seamless. The proposals look clean and modern and clients can e-sign the proposal once they approve it. letting me know that they would like to book. No more guessing if it was received or not, or if it was even viewed. This program has been a lifesaver! I have booked more weddings than ever before and I still get to have a life!

Cons

I wish I had more time to explore the program more in depth. I'm discovering new things every day that are great tools. Luckily the Curate team has been fantastic about answering questions or concerns and the onboarding sessions were super helpful to get started.

Heather

April 2022

What would I do without curate?

I know that I don't use the program to it's full ability... I don't create recipes or or create orders through Curate, which I'm sure, if I ever grew to be a bigger company with multiple employees, I would definitely see the benefit in but how I use it, is perfect for me. As I have been using it for several years, I have had the pleasure of seeing all of the functionality changes that have been made to the program (for example, adding a section for html color codes is such a fun new feature!) I have raved to other florists about my experience with curate and I have heard from clients about how my quotes were night and day from other floral quotes they had received with presentation, the amount of photos for visuals and the level of detail. Once my clients receive and sign off on their quote, they are confident about what they will be receiving on their wedding day and I am always able to recall exactly what the game plan is months after I've written the quote and am getting ready for production/design.

Pros

Curate has totally changed the game when it comes to writing clean, beautiful quotes for my clients plus it has saved me so much time. It used to take me hours to write quotes and now I've cut my quote writing time in half. I have had clients book me because they were blown away by the detail, and ease of reading the quote compared to other florists they had spoken to. I love that I have all of my financial reporting in one place here, I use the reports function all of the time, it makes my monthly accounting tasks so easy.

Cons

There are a few things I would love to see developed on curate. First of all I would love it if there was an app I could download to my phone. When I'm away from my computer I have to access Curate through my phone's internet browser and it's always a pain to log in and navigate. I would also love to be able to attach external documents to any emails I send through curate. For example, my company has a pdf rental guide that we frequently send to our clients when we send them their proposal. As far as I can tell, there is no way to attach a document to these outgoing emails so I have to send the client a second email with the document and it always seems less clean to me. The less emails my clients get, the better. I'd also love to be able to bold or italicize or underline text in the description boxes (not a big deal but sometimes I need to make a point or draw attention to what is written.

Reasons for choosing Curate

I was impressed with the professionalism the product would lend to my quotes and had a really great experience with the customer support team. It also seems a lot more elite than some of the other wedding/vendor software programs out there and I kind of like that!

Reasons for switching to Curate

I saw an opportunity to have a software program that would allow me to create beautiful quotes with lots of photos and the level of detail that other programs did not.

Samantha

November 2022

Curate is a member of the team!

We've been nothing but pleased with our Curate experience. Onboarding was thorough and the system easy to use. The biggest impact Curate continues to make for us is in time. Proposals, shopping lists and recipe writing used to add up to anywhere from 8-10 hours per event. With Curate, we average around an hour and a half, regardless of event size.

Pros

Curate has become as important a member of our wedding team as our wholesale department and designers! It allows us to create proposals in a fraction of the time it previously took that are beautiful, transparent and informative.We currently produce between 150 and 170 weddings per year but would recommend Curate even if we did far less for the time savings alone.

Cons

We create a production binder for each and every event. Currently, we have to do some hand cutting and pasting to get the best layout for our designers. We would love to be able to click a button and have that all generated for us.

Reasons for choosing Curate

Initially, our choice was made based on the ease of use and the proposal produced by the system for our clients.

Tim

June 2022

Venue management 12 month review

Curate software has provided database that is a move from excel and a quote system .

Pros

The system has a nice double layer database that allows for products that are placed into your proposal and the second layer in the database that is the items or recipe can be tied to products . System is well placed for floral industry . Customer service access very high that allows for immediate solutions. This is primarily a quote system based on the database products that does provide above average proposals that are electronic based. The system has an operational back end that provides some limited access to the data.

Cons

Curate is expanding it sales outside the floral industry in which the software itself creates it own limitations. The database which has been in redevelopment for the duration of the purchase has issues due to growth over the years. Slowness and work arounds persist. Database information has limited output as there is no API or zapier access. There is little access to the information from the back end operations and little ability to sort information on how it may be printed or output to vendor or other. There is no ability to create a purchase order in the output of the system nor is the products or items tied to vendors in the database. Printing is limited to browser printing capabilities and there is alignment output constraints between electronic version and PDF with respect to reports and PDF proposals. Be aware that there is no trial period on this software and although they say you can pay month to month, the contract is a one year contract. We have reduced the exposure to the software to marketing and sample proposals only at this time until the database information can be expanded for output for vendor or other software api usage. This is not a product that integrates into others at this time.

Reasons for switching to Curate

Attempting an upgrade for better product development library

Alexis

August 2022

This is the software every florist needs

With Curate, I never feel alone. The customer experience team, from the onboarding, to the free refresher training sessions, to the ability to shoot them a question or comment is always on their game and always so friendly. I have never felt like the company doesn't care; if they don't have an answer they always work to get the answer from another team member. I feel like they are not a stagnant company with unreasonable policies and procedures in place; they are constantly looking to evolve with the clients and meet the needs of clients in order to make the software better.

Pros

-Curate is linked to the Mayesh flower library as well as the Floral Supply Syndicate library, which happen to be two of my main wholesalers. I can quickly access up-to-date prices, names, and pictures of the items I plan to use in a client's design. This ability to access these designs make it helpful for when I'm communicating with my wholesaler exactly which item I need -Ability to add flower pictures and Pinterest board pictures make the proposals visually pretty and help out the clients who aren't so visually creative

Cons

The ability to generate a mood board prior to giving clients prices would be amazing! There is a small mood board and color way layout within the proposals itself but if they were able to be pulled out on their own, prior to having total quantities from clients would be helpful in starting the conversation with the client. Adding recipes and confirming product availability with the wholesaler can be a daunting tasks that holds up the proposal drafting process, and therefore can lead to clients hiring other florists who are more responsive.

Reasons for choosing Curate

I heard [SENSITIVE CONTENT] talk about the software on the[SENSITIVE CONTENT] podcast. Hearing his story, and hearing him reflect on the struggles and needs of a florist resonated with me. Having access to the [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and FSS libraries was really important to me and I felt like it elevated the Curate brand as a whole.

February 2022

Curate changes the game for us!

Honestly it is a game changer. We used to spend hours creating proposals and having to add/subtract stems and pricing and the software does it for you. It has streamlined our processes and communication with our clients and our wholesaler.

Pros

The ease in creating proposals, receiving content and keeping all details in one place. Our company is a full service floral, design and planning company. We use curate through the entire process from initial inquiry, contract management, floral proposals, client intake forms and correspondence, receiving payments, floral ordering and creating using the recipes. The real question is is there anything we don't use curate for? The templates for all the things! The forms for our clients to complete

Cons

ahhh. I wish I had the option of organizing the event properties to my preference instead of alphabetized. I would like to be able to create a detailed timeline for my vendors and clients that I could use the customization feature for instead of having to transfer all my information into canva. I probably need a tutorial on the photo upload feature. It is basically a dump all for our inspo. photos over the years. I would like to be able to search them instead of scrolling through tons of photos. i=I'd also like to see popular pantone colors available in the new color feauture. Also,

Reasons for choosing Curate

I heard a podcast by [SENSITIVE CONTENT] on her process and looked into it.

Bridget

I am obsessed with Curate

I love curate and how it's saved my business so much money. It's also helped diversify my flower choices. If you could also make it possible to search for flowers by color palette that would be awesome.

Pros

I love the stem counting and how easy it is to put together a recipe. The proposals are beautiful. I like the payment section too because it's pretty easy and self explanatory.

Cons

I desperately need client management for emails. I can't keep track of them so having a section where it's in the client portal including emails back and forth is imperative. Also updating the flower library would be good too since there's new things like dried flowers starting to come out.

Reasons for choosing Curate

Sweetwater floral and team flower both suggested or advertised you all and your customer service is top notch so I went with you. I'm a curate member for life! I also appreciate that you take in the feedback we offer to keep improving. That's super awesome.

Reasons for switching to Curate

The floral specific component plus the proposals and being able to specifically choose flowers that I can visualize

Lisa

Best Decision I Made For My Business

Bloomtrac has been great and saves me so much time. Its easy to use and keeps all event info organized. I am in love with bloomtrac...been with you from the beginning when it was ularas. I don’t use all of the functions but the ones I do have been a game changer. And being able to produce proposals and contracts right at the consultation has made my life SO much easier and increased same day bookings by 100%. Bc before bloomtrac I never got same day bookings bc I had to go back and put all my notes together, now I input everything at consultation. I created a reusable template with the typical info and just plug in the specific details as we discuss their events. I ❤️ Bloomtrac!!!

Pros

It automates proposal writing, allows me to write proposals at the time if consultation which increases sales.

Cons

I wish I could add optional items at the end in a separate section after the totals. Other than that it pretty much meets all of my needs.

Reasons for choosing Curate

It offered more functions and seemed much easier and more thorough.

Charmidale

February 2022

Operational Time cuts down significantly

Forever indebted to this system and company. A great groupo

Pros

I absolutely loved this B2C software. The ability to create mood boards, preset templates for emails & quotes, being able to capture customer general information from website to system, keep track of inventory and budget, and receive payment definitely saved time, money, and perishable waste. It absolutely got my business on the right track and I advocate every floral business who does wedding & events to invest in Curate! It will alleviate so much of the headache and complexities of the production, so that you have more time to work on your business rather than in it.

Cons

I really didn't have any cons. Over time, I have seen significant improvements and I applaud that.

Reasons for switching to Curate

Needed something that did more than just track finances and invoices

Corina

March 2022

Worth every penny!

Thus far, it has been amazing! The customer service is incredibly helpful and very patient! It has very muvh so been worth every penny!

Pros

I really like that this software is specifically built for the industry I practice. I have tried other programs that do not quite understand the specifics needed within my software to create successful proposals.

Cons

There are some learning curves but ones that the customer service are very responsive to. I would like to see an increase in the ability to tokenize particular texts for contracts such at "today's date", event's "total", "deposit" and the ability to adjust the deposit as a percentage or by dollar amount, and the ability to adjust the payment due date to reflect the customer's version so that they know when their next payment is. I would also greatly appreciate the ability to have email correspondence and google calendar to sync with my events so that I am not having to go back and forth with two to three different programs to stay organized.

Reasons for switching to Curate

I wanted a program that was structured more for my industry with the understanding of floral and accessories I use to create a successful event.

Sahra

Can't imagine working without it!

We probably use Curate differently than the majority of your users. We use it for daily arrangements created in a retail flower shop, as well as events. The daily use is amazing. I can have floral designers who do no know anything about the cost of flowers, and they can create arrangements that are spot on for the value. This means I don't have to babysit the designers to make sure they aren't "stuffing" their arrangements and it allows me to feel very confident about my margins and bottom line.

Pros

What I like the most about the software is how customizable it is to our exact needs. There seems to be limitless ways to tune it to work for you! Using Curate also gives us confidence in our pricing and value of product - this is so important especially now with price fluctuations being an enormous challenge. Using Curate ensures we are always creating our arrangements and events to value, while constantly keeping an eye on our costs.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve and some time investment to get it configured exactly so. I know for sure I am under-utilizing the software, just from a lack of time to work within. Some features are a little buried, and others are a little clunky. But it is the best option I have used to date.

Reasons for switching to Curate

It wasn't really a florist "business" software. I needed everything to be easy and exact. Curate does that. With Honeybook, I was using: spreadsheets to do counts and costs, HoneyBook for forms and communication management, and InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator to create beautiful proposals. Now I only use Curate.

Excellent product for the money

So far, so great! It's very easy to use. It is 100% multi-device friendly, from phone & tablet to PC. The proposal system is stellar. The staff are amazing and helpful whenever I need them via chat or phone. I couldn't have picked a better product to work with. Once they iron out some of the kinks, they will get all 5 stars across the board and a 10/10 referral from me.

Pros

Its very user friendly by looks and functionality. It has almost every feature I'm looking for in catering software.

Cons

It seems a little buggy sometimes. Adding/editing ingredients can be tedious and time consuming due to the structuring they have for adding/editing them en masse.

Reasons for choosing Curate

Honestly? I did the demo for each, and they were pretty much neck and neck. The proposals look better on Curate, and when I did the demo for TPP I found out you couldn't tab through a bunch of fields when working, you had to mouse-click to the next field. Tabbing was literally the show stopper, it showed me TPP hadn't given much thought to the end user. If I caught that on the demo, what else was I missing that I'd find out after purchasing?

Reasons for switching to Curate

Because Caterease was a garbage product I was dumping more time and money into than use and functionality I was getting from it.

Response from Curate

Thanks so much Mark! We love making an impact in catering organizations like yours and hearing your feedback just encourages us to keep making it better for you! Ryan - Founder

Replied March 2020

Julie

Game Changer, working to perfect

I honestly love this software because I feel like I’m probably making money at what we’re doing for the very first time in three years and I love the fact that it does produce beautiful proposals. There are some quirks but I really believe the company is working hard on makingThose changes and fixes and getting this software faster. I honestly believe it will be perfect very soon. It takes a good bit of time to set up and learn so I do not advise starting in your busy season. It’s a little pricey compared to other software is out there but for the detail that it gives you based on the industry that we are in and how customizable it is very much worth the money.

Pros

This software has completely opened my eyes to ordering what I need with little or no wasted product and making the money that we deserve as well as how much we were under charging before this software.

Cons

This software can tend to run slow at times and the quantities pre installed are sometimes confusing or need to be changed. When you make changes within a proposal you have to remember that it does not make overall changes to all previously made proposals you must go in line by line and change every proposal that you have open for a change to take affect. This can be kind of frustrating and I have not found an easy fix for this yet. It’s just like any software when you see a problem go fix it immediately or else they will pile up on you and it’ll just make a big mess. Other than that I like the chat feature but sometimes you just want to call and be able to talk to someone. There are a few quirks that you need to remember like anytime you add a payment even though you have a percentage charge for a credit card if you add anything new to her proposal you have to remember all the things that That you have set up for that proposal and go make those changes to any additions. I think they are working hard on this software and it will soon be perfect but there’s lots of things to remember right now.

Reasons for choosing Curate

This software came highly recommended by Sarah Campbell of intrigue and after doing research and contacting other companies this one seemed very eager to not only have my business but to work with the software to make the changes that best suits me and our industry.

Response from Curate

Hey Julie! We love that we've been able to help turn the corner into profitability for your company! Music to our ears. :) To your point about making an adjustment to a flower price and it affecting only new proposals, that is correct. We do that to protect all your dozens or hundreds of old proposals from years past to ensure the data is saved appropriately. That said, there are some cool tricks in the software for quickly updating the prices of those events that you'd like to. We really appreciate your feedback!!

Replied May 2019

Heather

June 2016

Stem Counter Review

I have really enjoyed using this software. I started using this initially as a better tester and have seen it develop and grow. They are working out the kinks and I think anyone using it now will really enjoy the experience, especially as new features are added and developed.

Pros

Stem counter has helped me feel more organized in my design process and allows me to keep track with my events and flower orders. When a client has updates or changes I can make them and Stem Counter updates my shopping list and hard goods list at the same time, therefor saving me valuable time and energy. As I become more comfortable in the process I can spit out estimates much quicker based on previous designs and then add more details once someone decides to book. I use it daily and it is a huge and helpful part of how I operate my business.

Cons

Since it is a newer product that is continually being developed there are sometimes a few hiccups that occur. However these are solved really quickly and the team is quick to jump on any problems that arise and give you a temporary fix to your problems in the mean time and then often have the solution in a day or two which is not too bad.

Response from Stemcounter.com

Thanks so much for the review Heather! You've been an incredible asset to our team in giving feedback to help drive the product. I appreciate your understanding of any hiccups as well. :) We go by the motto "every software has bugs...every company just doesn't admit it." We know that issues arise in a growing software so we seek to resolve those very quickly.

Replied June 2016

Jessica

BEST EVENT FLORAL SOFTWARE ON THE MARKET

It’s been a wonderful trip. It’s by far the best investment I made in my company. When I first started I spend 4-6 hours trying to figure out how to make a gorgeous proposal. And that was just the proposal. Getting word to work, sizing and moving photos around, fighting with text to be where I wanted it to be. It was the worst. After two proposals I knew something had to change. Little did I know how easy Curate would make the whole process including stem oh tings and placing orders. It’s truly amazing, and the customer service is awesome. I’ve become almost friends with the employees and owner, because they are so easily accessible and active. Over the years I have “played” with other software that friends use, and none have such a straight forward interface, that is almost intuitive to use, or come with the amount of tools and services Curate provides.

Pros

Everything! I love the beautiful proposals it creates effortlessly, I love how easy it is to create recipes, and order flowers with a couple clicks of a button. It does ALL their heavy lifting for you. I can pump out a quick proposal in 15-30 minutes or spend hours on one searching for the perfect photos on Pinterest creating a visual masterpiece, but in the end, what the software does is always fast and easy. I love that they are always updating and adding more amazing features.

Cons

I use it on my iphone 99% of the time, and it works pretty good, there are some features that work better in chrome and I’d love for those features to work well in safari. I’m sure that will be coming soon

It’s far superior.

Anabel

My clients love the format of my proposals!

Sometimes I consider the monthly payment to be a lot since I am a small merchant. But, Curate allows me to do many things without having additional employees.

Pros

It's like having an administrative assistant 24 hours a day. Curate (formerly steam counter) allows me to work on my proposals faster, with attention to every detail. My clients love being able to see photos of the items and decoration items included in their proposal.

Cons

I have to work better the distribution of photos in categories and update the products. Sometimes photos take time to upload. It would be nice to be able to work without internet and update after having connection.

Reasons for switching to Curate

The other platform was not designed for florists. If it allowed me to have direct communication with the client. Curate greatly facilitates my office work as a florist.

kim