Curate Reviews

4.85 / 5 (129)

Our advisors have recommended this product 3 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "This is the best decision I have ever made for my business. It is easy to use and the customer has been great. I would recommend giving it a try."

• "How much time it saves and the reduction of human error. Love the recipe building and that it does all the math for me. Love that I can do flower orders and supply orders with just one simple click!"

• "I love the ease of producing proposal, recipe writing, and ordering of supplies "

• Cons

• "Although this is a great product and software to have, its a bit pricey"

• "Takes time to get to grips with the software but once you do there are no cons.Being able to upload a list of our inventory would be super efficient because it wasters a lot of time."

• "It's a little on the expensive side. But it's worth it for the features that you get."

Browse Curate Reviews

Stacey from Roots Flowers and Events

Time saving program!

I have had more leads turn into proposals, which have then turned into bookings. This was my number one concern. I would get a lead that would then fizzle out because I had no way for clients to fill out an online questionnaire. With the form section I was able to create a simple questionnaire that leads could fill out on their computer or phone easily. I can then automatically create a proposal for them based off of one of my templates.

Pros

This has been the best decision I have ever made for my business! Not only does this program save me time and energy, but it looks professional and is easy to use. My clients love it as well! The entire process from start to finish with my clients is now seamless. The proposals look clean and modern and clients can e-sign the proposal once they approve it. letting me know that they would like to book. No more guessing if it was received or not, or if it was even viewed. This program has been a lifesaver! I have booked more weddings than ever before and I still get to have a life!

Cons

I wish I had more time to explore the program more in depth. I'm discovering new things every day that are great tools. Luckily the Curate team has been fantastic about answering questions or concerns and the onboarding sessions were super helpful to get started.

Julie from Southern Florals And drapes

Game Changer, working to perfect

I honestly love this software because I feel like Im probably making money at what were doing for the very first time in three years and I love the fact that it does produce beautiful proposals. There are some quirks but I really believe the company is working hard on makingThose changes and fixes and getting this software faster. I honestly believe it will be perfect very soon. It takes a good bit of time to set up and learn so I do not advise starting in your busy season. Its a little pricey compared to other software is out there but for the detail that it gives you based on the industry that we are in and how customizable it is very much worth the money.

Pros

This software has completely opened my eyes to ordering what I need with little or no wasted product and making the money that we deserve as well as how much we were under charging before this software.

Cons

This software can tend to run slow at times and the quantities pre installed are sometimes confusing or need to be changed. When you make changes within a proposal you have to remember that it does not make overall changes to all previously made proposals you must go in line by line and change every proposal that you have open for a change to take affect. This can be kind of frustrating and I have not found an easy fix for this yet. Its just like any software when you see a problem go fix it immediately or else they will pile up on you and itll just make a big mess. Other than that I like the chat feature but sometimes you just want to call and be able to talk to someone. There are a few quirks that you need to remember like anytime you add a payment even though you have a percentage charge for a credit card if you add anything new to her proposal you have to remember all the things that That you have set up for that proposal and go make those changes to any additions. I think they are working hard on this software and it will soon be perfect but theres lots of things to remember right now.

Reasons for Choosing Curate

This software came highly recommended by Sarah Campbell of intrigue and after doing research and contacting other companies this one seemed very eager to not only have my business but to work with the software to make the changes that best suits me and our industry.

Response from Curate

Replied May 2019

Hey Julie! We love that we've been able to help turn the corner into profitability for your company! Music to our ears. :) To your point about making an adjustment to a flower price and it affecting only new proposals, that is correct. We do that to protect all your dozens or hundreds of old proposals from years past to ensure the data is saved appropriately. That said, there are some cool tricks in the software for quickly updating the prices of those events that you'd like to. We really appreciate your feedback!!

Jessica from Royal Bee Flower Co.

BEST EVENT FLORAL SOFTWARE ON THE MARKET

Its been a wonderful trip. Its by far the best investment I made in my company. When I first started I spend 4-6 hours trying to figure out how to make a gorgeous proposal. And that was just the proposal. Getting word to work, sizing and moving photos around, fighting with text to be where I wanted it to be. It was the worst. After two proposals I knew something had to change. Little did I know how easy Curate would make the whole process including stem oh tings and placing orders. Its truly amazing, and the customer service is awesome. Ive become almost friends with the employees and owner, because they are so easily accessible and active. Over the years I have played with other software that friends use, and none have such a straight forward interface, that is almost intuitive to use, or come with the amount of tools and services Curate provides.

Pros

Everything! I love the beautiful proposals it creates effortlessly, I love how easy it is to create recipes, and order flowers with a couple clicks of a button. It does ALL their heavy lifting for you. I can pump out a quick proposal in 15-30 minutes or spend hours on one searching for the perfect photos on Pinterest creating a visual masterpiece, but in the end, what the software does is always fast and easy. I love that they are always updating and adding more amazing features.

Cons

I use it on my iphone 99% of the time, and it works pretty good, there are some features that work better in chrome and Id love for those features to work well in safari. Im sure that will be coming soon

Its far superior.

Samantha from Harmons Floral Company

Helps keep me organized!

Pros

Love the streamline process Love having the payment reminders

Cons

Wish it was linked with a floral photo guide Wish it was cheaper

Seemed easier to navigate

chantelle from Pure Flowers

Curate

great experience, helpful and patient tutoring when I first got the software. On going support is excellent. Time saving, money saving enabling me to spend more time on other areas of my business.

Pros

The software ensures that all costs are included so you have a clear overview of your profit margins. The shpping list facilty is such a great time saver as I can email this directly to my suppliers. It also makes you aware of any leftover stock which enables me to adjust my shop orders to reduce waste. The software looks best on a mobile device but in all forms looks professional.

Cons

It takes a while to get your images and designs built into the software. One feature that would be beneficial would be to add a photo option to recipes to enable you to find them at a glance

Response from Curate

Replied May 2019

Hey Chantelle! So glad to hear that we're able to make a difference in your business! So you know, you can see all the photos you've attached to your library items. In the recipe module, just click the little image icon next to the drop down menu and you can start to create a recipe based on the pictures in your library. Feel free to chat us if you need a video of how to do that.

JULIE from JULIET LE FLEUR

Curate is a game changer

Oh my gosh, the time it saves, it puts together shopping lists, recipes, hardgood lists, does all of the math, and so much more!

Pros

I cannot say enough great things about Curate! It has 100 percent changed my life and my business! All of the amazing features save me months worth of time! I can't imagine running my business without it! I have used their software since it was first released, and it keeps me ahead of my competition.

Cons

Occasionally there are a few glitches that are fixed immediately.

Reasons for Choosing Curate

Because of the ease of use, and the customer support.

KENNETH from YORK FLOWERS

An indispensable software for florists

In planning for 2 stores' holidays, events, or even everyday designs, I make a spreadsheet with the menus that takes more than a day. With curate, that has changed exponentially. I take just a couple of hours once I load my menus. You have your hard goods separate from flowers. You have menus, shopping list, break down, right at your fingertips. We have lowered the percentage of unused flowers because we are buying better. We don't have a ton of non-menued items lying around. We have also used this for proposals to big companies re: their interiorscapes and weekly designs. It made us look very professional. Changes to the proposal are instant and we don't even need to resend another pdf. I love that you can add pictures with your menu that can be enlarged if the clients wish to. Overall, curate has been a great investment for our business. We are now 76 yo and still finding ways to be more efficient with softwares like this.

Pros

-good tracking system -can be accessed anywhere with an internet connection -easy to use -proposals look very professional when presented to the client -can easily be used to plan everyday and holiday designs, weddings, and special events

Cons

-duplicate items with the same name can be confusing but can be easily fixed -would be great if other wholesalers can be added in the system

Carla from Capital Florist

GAME CHANGER!!

a game changer!

Pros

everything! honestly, I rarely review products/services because for the most part I feel like if they do the job there's not much more I can say about it, but Curate has blown my mind and it's a product that has done it's job 10 times more efficient that I thought it would! It's such an incredible tool! It is easy to use, it is ever improving with new features, etc. and it has helped me realize the value of what I do! With over 125 events a year it has completely changed the way I do business!

Cons

sometimes it's a little slow! But nothing I can't live with!

Reasons for Choosing Curate

The customer services I received from day one! The have a great team who helped me set up over multiple calls and shared very useful tips to make it easy to use!

Rachel from Floral & Bloom Designs

Industry: Fine Art

What I love about curate

How to charge my clients correctly.

Pros

I really liked how easy the program was and how fast my turnover time is for proposals. The faster I am able to communicate with clients the better and also helps create more time in my personal life. The pricing calculator is also really helpful and saves time as well. My profit's have also increased!

Cons

At first the photos I was uploading would take a decent amount of time to fully upload.

Michelle from Unveiled Weddings & Events

Unveiled Weddings & Events

Pros

I love the ease of use and the library to estimate my costs while meeting with clients.

Cons

I had an issue with a client entry that does business with me on a personal leave and a business level. It gets billed to two separate addresses. But the software would not let me duplicate the entry with the same email but different street address. I have to adjust every time I invoice.

Heather from Eclectic Sage

Stem Counter Review

I have really enjoyed using this software. I started using this initially as a better tester and have seen it develop and grow. They are working out the kinks and I think anyone using it now will really enjoy the experience, especially as new features are added and developed.

Pros

Stem counter has helped me feel more organized in my design process and allows me to keep track with my events and flower orders. When a client has updates or changes I can make them and Stem Counter updates my shopping list and hard goods list at the same time, therefor saving me valuable time and energy. As I become more comfortable in the process I can spit out estimates much quicker based on previous designs and then add more details once someone decides to book. I use it daily and it is a huge and helpful part of how I operate my business.

Cons

Since it is a newer product that is continually being developed there are sometimes a few hiccups that occur. However these are solved really quickly and the team is quick to jump on any problems that arise and give you a temporary fix to your problems in the mean time and then often have the solution in a day or two which is not too bad.

Response from Stemcounter.com

Replied June 2016

Thanks so much for the review Heather! You've been an incredible asset to our team in giving feedback to help drive the product. I appreciate your understanding of any hiccups as well. :) We go by the motto "every software has bugs...every company just doesn't admit it." We know that issues arise in a growing software so we seek to resolve those very quickly.

Kelly from The Crimson Petal

Floral Game Changer

I had been complaining and whining about the lack of product on the market to help me run my business. I needed a way to make a beautiful proposal and do the numbers for ordering and pricing at the same time. Stemcounter has done this in spades. It took a very menacing task, which would take me hours and has cut it down to a matter of minutes. The best part, is that the time saved is not just on the proposal side, or stem counting side - it's also in ordering, being able to reallocate tasks to employees, and customer transparency. Ryan has taken the time to talk to me in depth about changes and updates, and implemented so many of them. I cannot honestly imagine how my business would be running without it at this point.

Pros

Ease of use, low learning curve to get the hang of, constant updates on the back end that keep the frontend user experience running smoothly, and easy in which the customer sees the final product.

Cons

The only complaint I have is in the recipe section. To print out the arrangement recipes to hand to my employees, it takes a lot of paper, as one recipe prints per sheet. I'd love if there were a smaller version of this that took less paper - but that is only because I try to be as paper conscious as possible.

Response from Stemcounter.com

Replied June 2016

Thanks so much Kelly!! You've provided such great feedback on the product that has helped us continue to move forward. We are in the process of upgrading our recipe sheet and hopefully we should provide something that will make it easier on you!

Becky from Haute Blossoms Floral

Professionally Polished!

I can feel how badly the folks at Curate want their clients to succeed! Any time I have spoken with someone, they have been knowledgeable, kind and not once have I felt like I've asked a stupid question. Their response time is impeccable, they're open to suggestions and actually listen to my needs. I have put off trying a software for many reasons, especially the cost, but I could see after writing my first two proposals that I will never regret the money I am spending. I completely feel like this is elevating my business and going to save me time, while helping me stay organized and conscious of what I need to buy to execute my events, write recipes, etc. I am really pleased with Curate.

Pros

Curate has created a platform that is helping me to be so much more efficient! It does everything I was already doing in six different places, in one location. I can write the proposal, add recipe's, even notes all in the same area. It's greatly reduced the margin for error and I am only getting started! I love the consistency the proposals have established, so that a wedding planner asking for a proposal from me, will know what to expect. I have already had feedback from clients and planners that they are impressed with the presentation of the proposal. I can't wait to see what this has done for me in a year.

Cons

My only Con thus far, and this is merely because I am a creative individual, is that I wish there were some more font options and a few other design tweaks to the proposal aspect of it.

Response from Curate

Replied December 2018

Awe!! That means so much to us Becky! We love having you on the software and are THRILLED that we're going to be a part of a huge 2019!

Christine from Love In Bloom Floral Design & Gifts

It's like Having a "tech" right next to you

Time is my biggest issue in preparing professional looking proposals for events. Curate helps keep my time in check. I have been with them over a year & truly enjoy doing proposals. I can do as many as the client needs without having to to "recalc" as the software does it so easily. It even allows me to "take payments" and the end of year work is so much easier.

Pros

I am not a computer techie person. I'm an artist (florist). Curate has been a great assistant . The more I ask questions and they answer them so quickly, the more I use the software. Customer service is so great. They walk me through every area I don't understand and make sure I do understand it. I sometime ask the same questions later in the year & they are just fine with that. I can check my questions from before to help me remember the hows.

Cons

There are no " least's" with this software. It meets my needs & more.

Response from Curate

Replied August 2018

Thanks Christine!! We love that we can make your life easier. You're our favorite! (Pst...don't tell any of our other favorites we told you so)

Rachel from Sweet Root Village

Revolutionary

We are just LOVING Stem Counter. We are a weddings and events floral company (no daily deliveries) and we hand write our proposal and make meticulous spreadsheets to order our flowers which can get pretty complicated when ordering for five events in one weekend. Stem Counter is more or less going to change our lives. I think we have had daily freak outs about new features we are discovering and realizing will be insane game changers. Honestly. It's taking the tedious out of proposal writing and the rest of our designers are actually sounding excited to write proposals for clients (what!). So many amazing ways that this program will change how we do things in all the best ways and save us so much time and money. We are all extremely happy that we jumped in on this and that it exists at all. It is absolutely going to be revolutionary for us and the floral industry in general and we can't thank Ryan and the Stem Counter team enough for all the hard work that has been put into this. We hadn't even got to a point where we had used all the features in real life scenarios (like preparing a flower order or printing recipe sheets) and we were already singing their praises to fellow designers. Hah!! We 100% recommend giving Stem Counter a try. It's easy to learn and use and will be insanely beneficial to your business.

Pros

Cons

No major complaints. We notice a few things that could be better, but the exciting thing about it is that it's constantly being updated and made better and the Stem Counter team is always taking notes on anything we mention.

Sarah from Hilltop Florist and Greenhouse

EXCELLENT customer service, prompt and very helpful. Anytime I need somrthing they are right there.

Pros

The ability to produce a recipe for my bridal bouquets. It saves a ton of time. I also love the flower library and that all my flowers are in there with their cost. Plus, it creates beautiful looking proposals that my Brides love and mobile friendly is huge! Brides love to open the proposal up right away and look on their mobile device.

Cons

It is difficult when anytime you make a change it creates a new version of the proposal. With some weddings we have 20-30 changes from the time they first meet with us to the end so it gets a bit daunting to have that many versions. Also trying to mark and item as paid and having to create a new version of the proposal.

Response from Curate

Replied May 2018

Thanks so much Sarah! We've loved that we've been able to make things so much better for you. Totally understand the headache of clients who need so many versions of the proposals. Would love to hear if you have any ideas on how to keep up with so many changes without having to keep up with different versions reflecting them.

Angie from Angilily Floral Studio

Curate revue

Benefits- Clear proposals, ease of change, photos, professional proposals I would like more access to voice instruction/tutorial

Pros

I like the speed of calculations, ease of changing proposals, filing, templates

Cons

Things keep changing so steep learning curve, lack of phone help, I would like more individual tutorials to explain updates and make the most out of the software

Shaya from Stella Event Design

Curate Rocks

Curate help me translate the language of flowers to my brides that speak Pintrest and Instagram!! Quick and detailed.

Pros

What I most like??? There is too much! Customer service is amazing!! I havent had a question that they havent been able to address. They are timly and on the ball. The software itself is a time saver and makes me look so professional!! Its neat and clean, and so easy for my brides to understand. When flowers aren't your first language Curate help me translate to my brides!!

Cons

Least?? I cant really think of anything, maybe the fact that I can tell when a new update is coming, I have a few glitches before it comes out?? But who can complain about that?

Melissa from Poppytree Floral

Curate Rocks

The overall experience with curate has been great. I've been with the company for a while and you've done a great job in updating the software, making it easier on us. The customer support is a also a tremendous plus. Any question or concern I've had has been addressed and it a very timely manner. It's also great to have a company listen to the customers feedback and suggestions on what might be great to be added.

Pros

This software gives me the ability to quickly develop a proposal, even when I'm in the middle of a consultation with a client.

Cons

There aren't many drawbacks to the software at the current moment. It is meeting all of my needs at this time.

Response from Curate

Replied December 2018

Awe! Thanks Melissa! It's been great having you on board and giving feedback. We love that we've made such an impact!

Laurie from Fab Floral

Finally! Software really designed for florists who do weddings & events!

I have been searching for 3-4 years for software that actually has the functionality wedding and event florists need! Especially the ability for the software to allow you to create individual recipes for each item of the wedding, keeping track of each stem, hard good, and rental item and tracking how many stems overall you have and how that relates to your stems per bunch count. The headache of doing this manually within excel with it's potential for error and the amount of time it took to do that step and then either use word, or another online system to create the proposal, (I had started using Honeybook to generate and track my proposals) was making me want to quit doing weddings! This software allows you to do both in one step and generate nice looking proposals for your brides. Like all software these days it is continually under development, and it doesn't have some of the bells and whistles yet that Honeybook did for communicating and tracking your proposal and payment, but the absolute fundamental functionally that I so desperately needed is there! What a relief and a godsend. I can't believe this didn't exist in the market before. It took the husband of a florist to finally develop the software. Overall I really like the software and feel confident that they will continue to add more and more functionality and make it better and better over time. I still don't like doing proposals, but they don't make me feel like I want to quit doing weddings anymore! I like the software so much, that I now use it to generate all the recipes for my studio as it gives me a shopping list at the end too, which super handy! If you are wavering about signing up and you are a wedding and event florist, this is the one that actually has the functionality you need!

Response from Stemcounter.com

Replied December 2016

Thanks so much for the comments Laurie! Love having you on the software. We do have some really cool new features in the works that you're going to love!! Keep watching. :)

Sherry from Blumengarten Florist

Efficient and Easy

This program has increased efficiency greatly. I've also drastically reduced the amount of paper I use to prepare proposals.

Pros

I have enjoyed using a program that lets me do almost all of the work and planning needed for an event in one place. Curate has really simplified the proposal process.

Cons

As with most programs, there are occasional glitches but they seem to be becoming few and far between and customer service is very quick and responsive and any issues are resolved almost immediately

Response from Curate

Replied October 2018

Awe!! Thanks so much Sherry! We love being able to help simplify the entire work and planning process into one place. And we appreciate you noticing how much effort we put into giving you a great experience! Having a team of 10 full-time employees (at this point) allows us to focus more on getting stuff right than when we were just 2 people. Thanks for helping us grow and recommending us so that we can give an even better experience.

Emma from EmmaRose Floral

Easy to Use Floral Software

My overall experience has been wonderful, I cant imgaine running my business without it!

Pros

Curate is a great product, I originally signed up when it was stem counter. The functionality has greatly improved since I first joined and the customer service is really truly one of the best I have experienced as far as support goes.

Cons

Its a blessing and a curse that it does so much!! Haha, I feel like I am only using 1/2 of it sometimes! But thats on me :).

Ashley from Flowers Decor & More

Love this program!

Ease of use and making weddings less of a dreaded task.

Pros

I have been using this program for less then a month and can already see the impact it will/is having on our business! Its super easy to send proposals and make changes when needed without having to redo it. This is a game changer for us! Their customer service is amazing too! They always respond and its faster then I even expect. I love the clean layout for proposals and the ability to create recipes and add photos. This makes it way easier for our team to all be on the same page with each bride. You can even create a proposal from your phone, which is super nice for those times you cant access your desktop but need to respond to a bride. Amazing!

Cons

Maybe someway to add team calendars/notification where you can tell your team when weddings get booked. This would be helpful for us to keep everyone on the same page especially for those big weddings when everyone needs to be there. A team side would also be helpful for when you have booked a bridal consultation. Just one more way to keep everyone on the same page with each new bride/wedding.

Response from Stemcounter.com

Replied June 2017

You're too kind Ashley! We love having you on the software and glad that you've been able to dive in so quickly. :) We do anticipate introducing additional tools for multi-user accounts by the end of the year so hopefully that will help out in planning!

Maggie from Thistles Flower Market

Great system, even better customer support!

I've saved so much time with Curate. It has completely streamlined how I do my proposals and wedding management. My Bride's love the software and it works great on my end of things. Before I spent hours pouring over a spreadsheet only to find constant accounting errors or issues with formatting. Curate takes all of the pain out of proposals and has made our wedding business grow more profitable.

Pros

The software is visually clean, easy to use, and has provided ease of time and energy to create proposals. Bride's love it too! The customer support chat bar is amazing. I've had it where I send a message and within a minute receive a personal and detailed response.

Cons

The only change I would like to see made to the software is before a scheduled email is sent out, that I receive a confirmation if I want to send the email. I've had it a couple of times where I'm in constant contact with the Bride and somewhat forget about the scheduled email and they get a random checking-in message.

April from April Flowers

Industry: Fine Art

Helped streamline my business

This software has helped streamline my business in several areas including writing proposals and recipes, to ordering. I used to spend hours completing these tasks and Curate has significantly reduced the amount of time I spend on those alone. Time is money, as they say and the time saved through this software is where the biggest value comes into play. Curate is easy to use, has terrific customer support and has simplified my POS process as customers are able to electronically sign the contract and make a payment using their cell phone, iPad or computer. Curate continually seeks to add features that make my job easier.

Pros

I like that everything is integrated to streamline my business processes. Being able to integrate the library of flowers into my proposals through recipe building while simultaneously creating an order list, event breakdown and cost analysis.

Cons

This software is not 100% compatible with my iPad . I work from my iPad often, but there are many glitches that I have encountered that make it impossible to complete my proposals using my iPad.

Jacque from TWW Events

Best choice I ever made

Overall, I would and DO tell all my florist friends that this a winner! I was on hand form the ground up in the building of this site and the team really worked with REAL florists to build Curate/Stemcounter. I actually still call it S/C lol. The team at S/C is most always on hand to answer and help whenever I need it and I am a lifer!

Pros

What I LOVE most is the time I save with this program! It has literally taken HOURS off my work week!

Cons

I really wish we had a mass email function. for sales, promos, and even reach outs. and if you are a bit technologically challenged some of the features are hard to figure out.

Jeri from Bella Bloom Florals

Could not live without it

I have been working with this software for over two years and they are constantly working to make the product better. At any time if I have a question I know I can reach out to them and have an answer within minutes.

Pros

Curate allows me access, update and share client information from anywhere (with internet). I can share floral proposals, recipes and inspiration images quickly from my phone or computer.

Cons

I would like different levels of authorization. In my perfect world my team could get into the software, see client files and see recipes But not make adjustments to the proposal.

Rachel from Liz Stewart Floral Design

New to the program, love it but still has a way to go for full functionality

New to the program - signed up in October. I am also new to the floral industry so I am a good "test" subject! I like the software overall but there still things that could be added to make it much more user-friendly.... A few examples are... 1. Integrate with QB - I have to double enter any payments made from a Steam counter invoice into QB in order to account for sales properly. 2. Would like to "name" deposits vs just assigning a date - i.e. "save the date" deposit, "50% deposit" etc... 3. Should include place for Grooms Name when entering new customer info 4. Would be nice for stem counter to create a recipe for you based on input of flowers being used and the overall budget for the arrangement - i.e. fill in the number of specific blooms needed based on price per bloom and overall budget 5. Would like a more consolidated, printable version for back office printing 6. Love the idea of the ability for clients to electronically sign and execute a contract from their mobile device rather than print, sign and scan the signed Steam counter proposal...

Pros

Love the ease of totally arrangement costs once you have a solid "master list" of flowers.

Cons

The inability to integrate with Quickbooks.

Response from Stemcounter.com

Replied December 2016

Thanks for the feedback Rachel! We have a few of these pieces of functionality being built out in the next month. Clients can currently sign via their mobile device, but I'll shoot you a message to let you know!

Ami from Little Miss Lovely, LLC

Curate has saved me so much time and has made my business profit

I love Curate. Because of Curate, I now know exactly how much of a profit I am pulling from each and every event I take on. The "shopping list" feature makes my communication with the flower wholesalers more efficient and the "recipe" feature makes it easier for me to create my arrangements once the products have arrived.

Pros

Curate makes my life so much easier. I used to spend hours pulling pricing for individual floral pieces and putting together estimates for clients. Curate does all of the hard work for me by pulling integrated pricing, creating beautiful proposals, and accepting payments.

Cons

Curates "uploading" feature for images can be a little off sometimes. I have a hard time locating images that I have uploaded or Curate makes new folders and files the images elsewhere.

Lynn from Lasting Impressions of Tulsa, LLC

We're have tried several types of software. Stemcounter has been a real time saver.

Pros

The learning curve was simple and practical. Instead of spending lots of time learning the software, I was able to dig right in and get events out there in proposal form. The shopping list is very useful and I use it for our own rental items as well as ordering the fresh flowers from my wholesaler. I like the ability to save recipes so we're not recreating the wheel again and again. We can pull up what we've done, tweak it and show it to the client. Plus price it out. Our events frequently grow in number after most of the plans are set but we can add tables easily and the software calculates how many more fresh flowers and supplies we need.

Cons

I would LOVE a full floral catalogue of flower pics. And of course, with thousands of inventory items, we spend a lot of time entering the rental items. Being able to upload a list of our inventory would be super efficient.

Response from Stemcounter.com

Replied September 2017

Thanks so much for your comments, Lynn! We're so happy to have you as part of the Stemcounter community! If you'd like a full catalogue of flowers and flower pics, head over to your profile tab and check off the box to access the Mayesh Floral Library from your proposals. You can copy whatever you need into your own library. :)

Jody from An Affair To Remember

Love it! Life is easier with Stemcounter.com

See my pros; I love this software. It makes the business of running a floral/event design company so much more efficient.

Pros

1. Ease of creating and changing arrangements 2. Ability to add my own rental items 3. Professional looking proposal 4. Streamlined experience so that any of my employees can learn as input data and create the same proposal (that does the work for you) 5. It's always being updated with new features 6. Populating the flower order, the estimated cost and the excess....that's worth every penny by itself

Response from Stemcounter.com

Replied June 2016

Thanks Jody!! We're a big fan of An Affair To Remember as well. :) So glad that we can help make your company more efficient and your life a little less stressful!

Christine from Love In Bloom Floral Design & Gifts

Awsom...so satisfied.Helpful..great support. Love using it & learning all the new extras.

Organization, clarity of business proposals. Shopping list. Ability to cut down on product loss. Earlier to bed for sleep.

Pros

Easy & happy to use this. Once I learned to use it, I look forward to doing proposals & sending them to clients. It's so professional looking & useful. I'm not a programmer or a techie, so this software makes my business so much easier & profitable & controllable. Having everything in one place & accessable frees up time with family & confidence in designs. The support is friendly, quick & informative. I like setting up my flower library & practicing through the different scenarios. I appreciate the openess of O'Neill sharing their journey of how this cane to be as well as the informative blog posts & u tube training. The prie is reasonable gor all I get.

Zara from Stems Brooklyn

Curate Review

We have much simpler and effective client interactions with Curate.

Pros

The amount of customization and options available when creating client proposals.

Cons

Sometimes it glitches within the proposal, and some of the features are complicated to get used to.

Rachael from Twisted Willow

Game changer!

Stemcounter has absolutely revolutionized our company. We have a small event floral business and not a lot of room for wasted time and energy. Stemcounter takes up all the tedious tasks that I personally had to do and automates them. I feel so organized!

Pros

Automated shopping lists. Instant proposals. Payment processing. Everything is so intuitive!

Cons

I wish there were an ability to set a task list for the team.

Veronica from Pretty Petals

Curate has helped me be more productive and saves me time so I can spend more time doing what I love

Pros

It's super easy to use. I spend less time calculating costs of my business making it easier to complete proposals. With everything in one place my over all client experience has streamlined as well. My clients can easily access the proposal and reference it when needed.

Cons

The "startup" plan only allows certain features that sometimes add a little more work. I submit all types of proposals and email templates are necessary to making me even more productive but I don't need most of the features that come with the "studio" plan.

Response from Curate

Replied June 2018

Thank you so much for the great feedback, Veronica! We love hearing from our customers, and are so glad we're able to make you more productive and save time. This is so in line with our mission, and we love seeing that we are helping event professionals. We also appreciate your feedback regarding the various features offered for each plan. We hope the recent updates have helped you be more efficient. If you haven't already, please click on "Suggestions" in your account and make sure you provide information about other features you'd like to see on your plan. Our new features are highly determined by customers like you! If you have any questions or need help with anything, don't forget about our online chat. Happy Curating!

Life Changing Impact

My proposal making process is so much quicker. My profit margin is up - despite the additional business expense of the software. There is less product waste since recipe making and ordering is more accurate. The Curate team is so helpful when I have questions or need help. Overall it's been a great first year with Curate!

Pros

You can customize the software to work best for your business model... for example, you can set your own markup, labor fees, etc. I also appreciate the template feature. I have found that my proposal process is much quicker now that I have an established template and can insert custom wording and images as well as delete items that aren't applicable to a new customer. I have definitely seen an increase in revenue, decrease in 'leftovers' and time savings when it comes to placing orders & writing proposals. The customer service is exceptional! I can receive payments and get a signed contract all at once! No need for a separate e-signature software.

Cons

I wish there was an easier way to keep up with all the new features. That's a good problem to have!

Response from Curate

Replied December 2018

You're so kind!! We love hearing about the huge impact that our company has made.

Catherine from Catherine's Creations

Curate for Event Florist

Pros

This software helped me tremendously in my quantity take off which has been instrumental in my shopping as I no longer over or under purchase my floral. The software also presents a beautiful and professional working proposal for my clients.

Cons

There are many aspects of the software that was added too quickly for me to keep up on the learning curve of using it. But I've worked out the bugs and am happy with the outcome

Larissa from Bridal Beginnings

Best investment in my Event Floral Business

Curate has been transformational for my business - the ease at delivering accurate proposal quickly is fantastic, and I love how easy it is to order the inventory for each week.

Pros

I love the ease of producing proposal, recipe writing, and ordering of supplies

Cons

I would like to go back and delete duplicate rental/product items, but you need to do them one at a time, it be nice to do them in bulk

Response from Curate

Replied December 2018

Hey Larissa! Thanks so much for the review! We love that you love Curate. Thanks for the idea on bulk deletion. We love that we're finally solving so much of the event process that these little pieces are finally mattering more. Looking forward to an awesome 2019 with you!

rosesandmint from Roses & Mint

So much goodness all in one place!

Pros

This dynamic program has reinvented how our business works, allowing us to focus more on art and design and less on homemade spreadsheets and inaccurate numbers. I love that the creators are constantly adding features. It's great as-is, and only gets better with every new feature!

Cons

There aren't any features that we don't love about this software.

Response from Curate

Replied January 2019

You're so awesome Kira!! We love all the guidance and feedback you've given. What you've done with Roses and Mint is INCREDIBLE. One of the fastest growing event floral companies from scratch and I'm so glad we were able to be a part of it.

James from Dollar Tree Stores

Memory Of Elegance loves curate!

Weve been using this since 2016 and its been a wonderful investment for us! We highly recommend this for any florist looking for a program! Helps save time and costs! Who couldnt love that!

Pros

The ease of proposal making. The library of photos and flowers. Beautiful complete proposals

Cons

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. It has been a great investment

Response from Curate

Replied December 2018

Thank you so much!! We absolutely love that we're making a difference in Memory of Elegance!

Karen from Keepsakes Florist

Wedding Quotes Made MUCH Easier with Curate

This has definitely helped with quotes for weddings! It's easy to make corrections and the shopping list is great when ordering for events.

Pros

I like having the prices in the system so that you can pull your items into the quotes with the prices. The software helps insure that we are charging enough and not guessing at what should be charged.

Cons

It sometimes has glitches that slow me down.

Elisa from Willow & Water - Wedding & Event Floral

Must Have Software for florists

I have been using Curate since it was first release. The customer support is great and there are not enough great things that I can say about it. It has simplified my quoting process and improved my consultations and the look of my proposals.

Pros

Curate has improved my quoting process and the look of my proposals. It is simple to use and set up.

Cons

I wish it had a built - in CRM so that I could better track leads

CYDNEY from THE ENGLISH GARDEN

THE WIZARD OF BLOOMS!

We find ourselves using Curate more and more. I really hope someday they create a point of sales system for daily flower shops so that we can fully integrate all of our business functions under one umbrella!

Pros

Curate will help transform how you do business as a wedding and event florist. You will look at costs and considerations like never before and really start to understand what makes your business tick. Best investment ever!

Cons

Honestly cannot think of a thing. If anything, I would love to see the program expand to encompass point of sales features.

CYDNEY from The English Garden

This has been a game changer for me as a business owner!

A real insight into what I am doing as a business owner! The program saves time, product and money. This allows me to better focus on my customer's experience. It is also of immeasurable benefit to my staff lightening their workload.

Pros

I really cannot believe it took me this long to discover Stemcounter. I cannot say enough about how much my staff and I enjoy the program. It is really eye opening and has made us reassess how we price and how we use product. I am excited about the many updates and changes being unrolled in the coming months. I also cannot say enough about the level of customer service. Holly and Ryan are beyond responsive. They answer questions before I have time to ask them! Add this to your business without question. Sign up today and don't look back!

Cons

Like any new program there might be a few glitches along the way. Technology moves at a pace now that is almost impossible to measure. That being said, the Stemcounter team is remarkably responsive and they sincerely take to heart suggestions and end user input.

Michelle from Your Signature Designs

Great product but pricey

Curate helps me stay efficient with my everyday activities.

Pros

This software is great to work with. I run my daily activities with this software. So its a great software for Event planners and designer. Im able to keep contracts, Floral orders and more all in one location. I love that it sends my clients reminders regarding their payments and I dont have to think twice about it. Overall great product

Cons

Although this is a great product and software to have, its a bit pricey

Dawn from An Old Town Flower Shoppe

StemCounters Team is AMAZING! Support is fantastic! I love this program! Made my life SO much easier

TIMESAVER!!!!!!! and helped get me organized....

Pros

Makes ordering and designing a piece of cake...no more 5 hour quotes...simple easy to navigate around in and the support and team are so helpful!

Cons

Not up-to-date pricing on some things...duplicate items that show up as duplicate or as another line item...at times confusing when ordering from the shopping list.

Response from Stemcounter.com

Replied October 2017

"Hi Dawn! So happy to hear that you love Stemcounter! The prices we include in the Mayesh library are more of a suggestion to help get you started. And once an item is copied to a florist's personal library we cannot edit it. We always recommend that florists update their own library with the most recent prices from their wholesaler for the most accurate pricing. Also, once you've added an item to your library you should be sure to select the item with the book icon next to it instead of the one with the Mayesh symbol to avoid duplicates. If you see you have a duplicate in your library, you can delete by clicking on the library tab. We also highly recommend using the order tab feature to send your orders to your wholesaler. It's an incredible time saving feature we have that makes the process a lot easier.

Laura from McKenna Floral

Excellent for florists!

Pros

The Curate software has saved me so much time in preparing my proposals, recipes, and orders. I love that I can enter the recipe counts, adjust my markup/labor, and the software calculates everything...including my supply order!!

Cons

I haven't had any major problems using Curate.

Robin from Wild by Nature

Its a business owners dream come true

It has taken me from spending hours working on proposals with brides to just minutes and is accurate in all the financial figures which makes my job so much easier. Its like having another employee.

Pros

It allows me to get back to brides in a faster and easier way. And when they change their minds or increase the number of items it takes me seconds to change the proposal not hours.

Cons

There isnt much that I dont like. It would be wonderful if there was a built in library of most used flowers instead of having to enter each one I use. But that isnt such a huge issue.

Response from Curate

Replied October 2018

Hey Robin!! You're so kind. Thank you for the review!! We've loved being able to work with you. You've been with us a couple years and actually shortly after you came on, we introduced an integration with the famous Mayesh flower library and everything is pre-loaded now! Our team can help you toggle that on if you'd like. Thanks again!

Meredith from Meredith McCarthy Floral Design

Best Ever!!!

I love stemcounter!! It cuts the time I usually spend on a proposal in half and it lets me update everything so quickly .

Pros

I like how it the software and style of the proposal keeps getting more eye pleasing because I feel like what the proposal looks like matters to a bride. I also like how it does all of the math, the video tutorials, how each week I feel like there is a new feature that makes proposal faster. I love everything about it!

Cons

I wish it had a function where it would tell you how much your profit is for each wedding. So total before tax minus flowers and hardgoods and then it would show the user the profit.

Jennifer from Wallflower Rentals & Decor

Industry: Furniture

Customer Service is great - I use the chat feature every time I get stuck/have a question and they are SO quick to respond.

Pros

I like that Curate is constantly making it a better program. They take feedback and are always putting out new updates!

Cons

It would be nice if the proposal software offered some of the 'rentals' software - without having to double the costs. I have to manually enter photos/pricing for all the items I rent which is time consuming,