All Jolt Reviews

Debra

Reviewed November 2017

Purchased the Jolt labeler to label in process product, but we are using it for so much more!

Labels for in process and finished products, Very simple to use. Using for scheduling, time clock management, messages, alerts, communication, and accountability of personnel. They need to log in on an ipad to the software, and they can get their tasks right there that were set up for them. Excellent product! We are using this for so much more than what we originally purchased it for.

PROS

Originally purchased to label in process product. But when we started building labels, we realized we can also make finished product labels and apply them easier. We just used these for the first time for the entire day and couldn't be happier. Great quality and simple. This software has so many features and now our production manager is using this software for our staff. It can be used as a time clock, for messages and alerts, for accountability of workers tasks, personnel scheduling, and much more. We plan to take full advantage of all it can do for us. We seem to find something new every day that this can do for us. For the price, along with the excellent support whenever needed, it is one of the best values I have found in a long time. I cannot recall a time in my career that I have been excited about a labeler!

CONS

I think we will have to use this a bit longer to find something we don't like about this. The one item we changed was that the labeler comes with 1" x 1" labels, which were too small for our use. Our account manager sent us the labels we needed immediately.

Steven

Reviewed October 2022

Save a ton of money

My experience has been excellent. the staff goes far and above.

PROS

Live time cooling monitoring Last night before closing I got a warning that the UT Wing Cooler was running warm, I was able to have the guys move 10 cases of chicken wings out of this cooler before they left. In the morning the wing cooler was not operational and we were able to save all that product. Thank you Jolt!

CONS

I wish it was integrated into more of our software

Reason for choosing Jolt

More features and better pricing

Thank you for your review, Steven! We are delighted to hear that you have had an excellent experience with Jolt and that our staff has gone above and beyond to help you. Thank you for your feedback and for choosing Jolt!

Replied January 2023

rodney

Hospitality, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed October 2021

this is an unscrupulous company .. stay away!

terrible! any company that makes it so hard to cancel a subscription has no faith in their product. It is a billing scam!

PROS

we never used the software and tried to cancel the initial free subscription. They make it virtually impossible to cancel once you are signed up! after repeated attempts to send email on they're site with nor response we disputed the charges. No one ever responded or called back. any company that makes it so difficult to cancel a subscription is a good reason to stay away. they rely on you singing up for free trial and then never being able to get ahold of any to cancel. why would they not have any way to cancel your subscription online. High pressure sales and borderline criminal! stay away!

CONS

Hi Rodney, We thank you for your feedback and take your comments very seriously, as our goal is to make every Jolt customer a raving fan. Please feel free to reach out to support@jolt.com with any further comments, concerns, or suggestions you wish to share.

Replied October 2021

Aaron

Reviewed February 2018

Jolt transforms our workforce into an efficient well-oiled, agile machine

Massive operational efficiency.

PROS

Jolt has given us visibility into our day-to-day operations. It allows us to see where we exceed and where we fall short. Jolt provides the mechanism for operational efficiencies which can't be achieved with paper checklists. We love that we can organize every day in advance and ensure we're in compliance with food safety practices using checklists, food labels, and temperature probes. Jolt is our future manual for franchisees to perform their day-to-day operations.

CONS

Bluetooth label printers don't always connect but this is more of a hardware issue than Jolt's issue.

Benjamin

Reviewed October 2023

Great Software!

Experience was great, had a couple of hiccups with setup and installation but support helped us out!

PROS

It deals away with the paper versions of recording temperatures and other required things in a restaurant, and makes them more detailed. It adds accountability and accuracy from employees. You’re able to create lists, print date labels or even create other labels. It’s a step forward in technology and I would recommend other fast food restaurants use this great tool!

CONS

Overall it was a pretty great experience, but the amount of information you have to learn at the beginning can seem overwhelming. But with the training you’ll eventually learn it all!

Thanks so much for your thoughtful review! It's great to hear how Jolt has been beneficial for your restaurant, especially in replacing those paper processes. We know there's a bit to take in at first, but we're glad our training helped bridge the gap. It's always our aim to be there when you need us, like during the setup hiccups. Your feedback and recommendation mean a lot to us. If you ever run into any issues our team is here to help. Looking forward to more success together!

Replied October 2023

Liliana

Reviewed June 2023

This platform has transformed the communication of my team

Scheduling reminders and notifications has also been a very useful feature. I make sure no one misses out on important information by setting automatic reminders, allowing us to always stay on top of news and changes in our organization.

PROS

I can share different types of content, such as text, videos, PDFs, and I can even ask my colleagues questions to make sure they have understood the information. There are no more excuses for miscommunications or mix-ups. And best of all, I can set reminders and send notifications, ensuring everyone is aware of important updates.

CONS

It would be great to have a more advanced search feature that allows me to quickly find what I'm looking for, whether it's by keyword, date, or sender. This would save time and make it easier to navigate within the platform.

Thank you so much for leaving a great review for Jolt! We're thrilled to hear that our platform has transformed the communication of your team, making it easier to share different types of content and ensuring that everyone is aware of important updates through our reminders and notifications feature. We appreciate your feedback regarding our search feature and understand how it can save you time and make navigation within the platform easier. We are constantly working to improve our platform and will definitely take your suggestion into consideration. We hope that you will continue to use Jolt for all your team communication needs. If you have any further suggestions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Thank you for choosing Jolt!

Replied June 2023

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Easy to use and implment

PROS

Its automation saves us time and enables employees to be more productive. Great backend that is extremely intuitive and user friendly. Onboarding support was fantastic. My questions were answered quickly, and solutions implemented in real time.

CONS

Little pricey but I feel like I am getting enough value to justify.

Hi Michael, thank you for your review. We're thrilled to hear that you found Jolt easy to use and implement, and that it has saved you time and increased employee productivity. Our goal is to provide a user-friendly experience, so we're glad to hear that you found our backend intuitive and user-friendly, and that your onboarding support was helpful and that your questions were answered quickly with real-time solutions. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Jolt and being a valued customer. We greatly appreciate your business and hope to continue serving you in the future. If you have any further questions or feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer support team. We're here to help!

Replied August 2023

Mayerly

Reviewed May 2023

Improve communication in my team

The ability to instantly communicate with my entire team, send targeted messages to specific roles or specific employees, and the ability to display media is really cool.

PROS

I love the ability to instant message my entire team with just one click, which has made communication much easier and ensured that everyone is aware of critical information.

CONS

Sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming to receive a large number of messages at the same time if there are a lot of people in the chat.

Thank you for your review of Jolt! We're glad to hear that our Communication Manager has made communication much easier for your entire team. We understand that receiving a large number of messages can be overwhelming, especially when there are a lot of people in the chat. Our team is always working to improve the user experience and we appreciate your feedback. We look forward to continuing to provide you with a great communication tool for your team. Thanks for choosing Jolt!

Replied May 2023

Cliff

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Happy Customer

PROS

It's so easy to use and the customer service is so professional.

CONS

I have not found anything wrong with it great program.

Thanks so much for the awesome review! We're glad to hear you're finding Jolt easy to use and that our customer service is hitting the mark. It's so rewarding to know we're meeting your needs. If you ever have any questions or suggestions, don't hesitate to give us a shout. Cheers!

Replied October 2023

Domingo Antonio

Reviewed May 2023

Improving internal communication in my team

I like the ability to customize notifications and send messages directly to team members or specific groups

PROS

By having everything on one platform, I can send instant messages and notifications to everyone or specific groups with just one click. I also love the ability to send and share important files, like manuals and policies, and make sure all team members have received and read them.

CONS

Sometimes it can be a bit complicated to navigate the platform and there are so many features and options that it can be overwhelming especially for me it was a bit complicated but with time and practice I got used to it.

Hi Domingo, thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you're finding Jolt helpful in improving internal communication within your team. We understand that navigating a new platform can be overwhelming at first, but we're happy to hear that with time and practice, you've become more comfortable with it. If you ever have any questions or concerns, our customer support team is always available to help. We appreciate your business and hope to continue providing you with a great experience. Thank you for choosing Jolt!

Replied May 2023

Alyssa

Reviewed October 2022

Amazing for Restaurant Operations

We're using it for our three locations for three separate schedules and tons of checklists. We have multiple users every shift, every day using the software. I absolutely love the program and am continuing to take advantage of different features as we grow.

PROS

Pretty easy to use once you've gone through the training. The biggest pro for me compared to other softwares is the access to support all the time. It has been so helpful to be able to reach out to my contact for help and schedule calls for training--either for myself or other new team members. Another huge pro is how customizable the checklists are. I love how many different formats you can do. We've been able to customize it to our business model really well.We've also been using the Jolt sensors for all our freezers, which has literally been a savior time and time again! It's so easy to use and I love the reports you can access so you can catch a failing freezer before it's too late.

CONS

I wish we could customize our scheduling platform more to cater to our business.

Reason for choosing Jolt

So many people recommended it to us in the ice cream industry, and after all our demo calls, we knew it was the solution to our needs!

Thank you so much for your review, Alyssa! We are so glad to hear that you find Jolt easy to use after the training, and that our support team has been so helpful. We are also thrilled that you have been able to customize Jolt to your business model. Thank you for your feedback!

Replied January 2023

Matthew

Recreational Facilities and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2017

Jolt has revolutionised the operational aspects of our business.

- Increased efficiency - Accountability - Tangible statistics on operational performance - Ability to compare site performance - Notifications when important tasks aren't completed - Improved communication with team - Ability to support management team without being on site - Flexibility to easily change operations - Autonomy for management team to create their own lists to improve the running of the stores - Complete visibility of the operations in the business - Streamlined scheduling

PROS

Prior to Jolt, two of the biggest frustrations in our business were time spent on scheduling and finding out that simple operational tasks had not been completed. Jolt has solved both of these issues. The employee app with functionality to set availability, request shift swaps and holidays has streamlined the whole scheduling process and freed up important management man-hours. The lists functionality is invaluable and has revolutionised the operational aspect of the business. Being able to create tasks ranging from daily cleaning right up to annual audits has allowed us to pre-plan the whole year knowing that nothing will be forgotten. The notifications and review section has created accountability that would not be possible without this software. I never imagined we would have such control and visibility of the day to day running of the business.

CONS

I believe a few tweaks could be made to the time clock and scheduling and I would love to see an area specifically made for inductions and training.

Danielle

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2017

Love it for our food trucks & catering operations

We use Jolt to manage the operations for our food trucks and catering services. Since we are totally mobile and often have many events occurring simultaneously, the Lists feature allows for greater oversight and accountability when it's impossible to be everywhere at one time. Jolt has greatly improved the communication between everyone in our team by utilizing the Announcements features. I love that information can be instantly sent out to our staff, we can verify that they read the information, and, most importantly, that they understand the information by requiring quick quizzes based on the topics covered. Moving away from traditional pen and paper checklists and cumbersome communications binders has been overwhelmingly embraced by everyone. We have also seen a reduction in our food waste by utilizing the Date Code Labels. Marking our food items with a clearly readable expiration date has greatly improved our "first in, first out" practices. Additionally, stamping each prepped item with the name of the staff member who prepared it has forced greater accountability that all food items are prepared correctly (and allows management to address individually anyone who needs re-training on preparing a specific item). Lastly, I can't say enough good things about Jolt support. They are extremely responsive and helpful when questions arise, and the application is constantly improving with new features added based on customer requests and feedback. We have used Jolt for a little over a year now, and I wish we had started using it years ago!

Denise

Reviewed January 2018

Not quite perfect but support is excellent and they take on board suggestions for changes

PROS

The scheduling side is excellent. Easy to use from both our employees point of view and payroll. Great record keeping. The list creation is sometimes a little confusing but support is always quick to respond and very helpful. The lists are a great tool for staff and we have found that being able to adjust them as needed to get the best result from the staff members actually responsible for completing the lists is pretty easy. We supply and sell food onsite to our guests which brings with it all sorts of food hygiene expectations from local government and a large amount of record keeping for this. The lists we have developed allow us to complete all requirements on Jolt with easy access when needing to audit the results. All staff find completing them easy. Auditing the correct completion of the lists by staff is also simple. This leads to higher compliance and can also be used as a performance tool with staff management.

Eldridge

Food & Beverages, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed May 2020

The Safety and Productivity Solution!

The experience has been great through and through! It's been a huge time saver. It's saved us time, and time equals money, in various areas of our business. You can download the names of your staff who in which are on your schedule, and it helps in keeping you and your team accountable.

PROS

My most favorite feature of Jolt would be its assistance in helping the team meet food safety. This feature eliminates any handwritten and/or guessing shelf life for products, as the corporate guidelines for holding procedures are already downloaded on the application.

CONS

Depending on how tech and app savvy your managerial team is, customization is based on what works for your particular team. Therefore customization is up to us and could be pretty sloppy, which ends up being productivity lost searching for a particular label.

Reason for choosing Jolt

Time saver, assists in food safety, accountability, no film left behind from printed labels

Luke

Reviewed May 2017

Streamlined Management Processes

Cost savings on labels. Time saving on tasks. Team is more motivated. Training is easier with a streamlined process. Food safety is easier to implement with simple labeling process.

PROS

Jolt takes your everyday tasks and lets you create checklists that managers and team members can complete while at work. Team can earn points for each task completed, helping to create motivation. Jolt food date labels are extremely cost effective (we saved on labels alone after switching from another labeling company). The wireless printer is awesome! Print from any connected iPad in the store. We were able to get rid of all the different binders and papers we had and just go with a single iPad in the managers' station.

CONS

I would like to see better development on scoring. I would like to be able to view score in a category (such as cleanliness) and compare this week to the week before or last month to current month. Scoring is a huge opportunity that needs more development! Also, there's no way to "clear" a checklist without checking it off (sometimes leads to someone just checking everything off to clear the list). Once a list is no longer applicable, it would be better to just clear it rather than having to check every item.

Sharon

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2019

A must-have for a service based industry

We have opening procedure lists, closing lists, cleaning lists, new hire training lists, and even incident forms which automatically send to my insurance agent when they're filled out. This product is vital to any small business.

PROS

Accountability! Ask your employee, "hey did you clean the bathroom like I asked?" they'll say yes every time. Give them a Jolt list asking them to take a photo of a clean bathroom and sign off that they completed it and you'll be amazed at the results. I apply points to each check list item and give out prizes to the top point earners each month. Now my employees are accountable for their actions and rewarded for a job well done. Bonus: New hires have a thorough guideline of how to complete regular talks by walking through a check list.

CONS

The ability to bulk-change lists could be more user friendly. Right now the process can be quite tedious if you're like me and have long lists that need editing.

Collin