What are Mitchell RepairCenter users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Mitchell RepairCenter software through verified user reviews

2.5

• icon"When using Mitchell I loved the idea that you could look up service history."
  • icon"It is user friendly and allows the user to search via multiple parameters. Parts are broken down in easy to find sections and results are easy to read with clear diagrams."
  • icon"Not my favorite software to write estimates in but not the worst out there. The visuals of parts is pretty good in this system."
  • icon"The screen sizing when attempting to print is complicated and somethings just don't print well at all."
  • icon"Sometimes there is glitches in the scheduling process- unexplained errors (but could be due to human error?) I don't love how crowded the home page is. Too many options everywhere, could be tidier."
  • icon"Application seems to stall if the user does not refresh after looking up a few parts - will not allow multiple searches back to back."

Browse all Mitchell RepairCenter Reviews

• Have you used Mitchell RepairCenter and would like to share your experience with others?

Ryan

best software for everything you need auto repair related

A+ from me, i cant ask for anything better... well maybe the cost :)

Pros

the ease, the detailed illustrations, the ability to look up time for repair work, and the ability to get the right parts for my customers

Cons

i think there is nothing i can complain about, Mitchell has always dome me right, when i was in a pinch

john a

product finding

pretty good seems most repair information systems are of the same platform.i really would like to see something different .similar to an ai system which I thin would revolutionize the repair industry

Pros

I found that I had to jump thru too many hoops to find parts location.way too long to do simple things

Cons

parts locator function .it would take me way too much time to locate certain items on vehicles.on a very busy day

Reasons for switching to Mitchell RepairCenter

I thought that this system would be easier to use .but It wasn't .honestly am not really satisfied with any of the systems(I am currently using ALLDATA,motorlogic, & identifix)

Ted

Mitchell is the "flip-phone" of auto service software

Mitchell caused us to loose a large amount of money, create incorrect invoices and almost loose a huge fleet customer because its "runs on only one computer" became a pinch point when dealing with a high volume of cars. Mechanics had to hand write what they did and what parts they ordered directly because they couldn't wait for the service writer running Mitchell to catch up. Therefore many parts were never invoiced and that money is now lost. Mitchell might be OK for a one/two person shop, but even then newer modern products are so much better.

Pros

Complete capabilities for all auto services, easy ordering parts, access to electrical diagrams and service procedures.

Cons

It only runs on one computer; it is not cloud based to simultaneously run on remote tablets and laptops. It feels like a 1990's product, as obsolete as a flip-phone. Competing products are "cloud based" and can be operated by multiple people remotely in customer parking or waiting areas. Unlike competing products, Mitchell cannot incorporate pictures taken with a cell phone to document problem areas or existing body damage (!!) on a customer car; the list of "cannots" goes on and on.

Reasons for choosing Mitchell RepairCenter

No, the repair shop I bought came with Mitchell. After the disaster when business volume shot up, we switched to ShopMonkey which is modern cloud based, supports many mechanics and service writers at once, takes pictures and has superb built-in live support.

Val

Its cheaper because its SUB-STANDARD

An absolute waste of time. I was sold on the price, within the first month i noticed it lacked information on the most basic of cars. Especially repair information. Even labor times, you will have them in there IF YOU ARE LUCKY. The fact that they wont break a contract when they have the owner of the business telling them that they dont have enough training to fix all the information that is missing from this software. You are better off using google, mark my words. Its useless

Pros

Nothing, even the plainest of hondas were lacking information in all sorts of departments

Cons

Repair information is ALWAYS INCOMPLETE, whick leaves me looking at google fr information. An absolute waste of funds. Fluid capacities on what you are working on, not very often. For even the plainest of cars. Part location does not exist, diagrams are a mess to find, and when found they DO NOT HAVE CONNECTOR VIEWS, and i go back to google. This software is a joke. When i communicate my frustration with their lacking software, I am told I need more training. Its easy to use, but LACKS INFORMATION about repair on 99% of the jobs ive done and used it for them. Save your money. Called customer service, they said i'm locked to a contract, and they will put me in collections. I could care less what collections you are talking about, the cc will receive a STOP PAYMENT TODAY. ALLDATA WILL GET YOUR BUSINESS

Reasons for switching to Mitchell RepairCenter

now

Brooke

Consistent & Complex Software - A few glitches

All together a great product, works without fail. Updated regularly, great technical support team.

Pros

The product is generally easy to use. There are more features than we can even use- has an "all in one" feel to it. There are piles of reports, accounting pages, scheduling features- we sometimes use other programs to facilitate but could dive into Mitchell Repair Center deeper if needed.

Cons

It's not instant, there is a brief delay after clicking that you have to wait for before the page loads. Sometimes there is glitches in the scheduling process- unexplained errors (but could be due to human error?) I don't love how crowded the home page is. Too many options everywhere, could be tidier.

Denisse

Horrible customer service

I was able to write estimates.

Pros

Ultramate, which is their estimating software, is the only product I have enjoyed using. However, the price you pay is way too high as any function you add is considered an add-on and will cost more money.

Cons

The price is way too high and and getting out of a contract is impossible even if the product or add on was horrible. It won't matter that their management system is hard to use and there are way better ones out there. All of their systems are supposed to work together and make things easier for shops, but they don't and will cause more wasted time and headaches. Their customer service starts out great with the sales team, but once they get you to sign their contracts and you are unhappy with a product things take a turn. We have spent hundreds of dollars on software that we do not even use and their customer service is not helpful when they say there is nothing you can do about it because you signed a contract. Trust me, I wish I would have known there is better software out there.

Bryan

Tool needed for all Body Shops

Great software can't operate without it.

Pros

The software is very complete, you can do everything from gathering your repair information to access your vendors’ paint, parts and rental apps in one platform.

Cons

Can take a bit of setup time, but honestly worth it in the end!

Not my favorite software to write estimates in but not the worst out there.

I could write estimates with it but it was more difficult than other competitors.

Pros

Cons

One of their competitors is just more user friendly. This system doesn't flow as smoothly and it is harder to learn to use. Manual entry of lines is more often required which can be frowned upon by insurance companies.

Greg

Unwilling To Cancel Contract After Business went under

Great at point of sale terrible after that.

Pros

It works although everyone I talked to after purchase recommended CCC.

Cons

They are unwilling to work with you on the contract. I went out of business due to the Covid-19 and they would not let me out of the contract even if I were to get the account current. I tried to work with them, but it seems like going out of business is not hard enough they want to ruin my personal finances as well. Thanks.

Reasons for choosing Mitchell RepairCenter

Mistake

Sharon

Convenience

Although the software had a lot of what I wanted it different have everything. At the time I needed to have my suppliers linked in to the software but was unable to do so. I would recommend it.

Pros

When using Mitchell I loved the idea that you could look up service history.

Cons

The pricing of the software was what I liked the least.

Angelica

Useful software for automotive applications

Overall parts research and verification goes smoothly when using Mitchell. We hit some snags when the application lags, but it is a good program.

Pros

Looking up automotive parts, OEM numbers, and pricing is quite simple with this application. It is user friendly and allows the user to search via multiple parameters. Parts are broken down in easy to find sections and results are easy to read with clear diagrams. Models seem to be quite up to date.

Cons

Application seems to stall if the user does not refresh after looking up a few parts - will not allow multiple searches back to back. This is a flaw for a user that does quite a bit of parts research, but a refresh or closing out of the application and logging back in fixes the issue and allows the user to continue their work.

Jake

Great Wiring Diagrams

Automobile Diagnostics

Pros

Mitchell has always outperformed the competition when it comes to wiring diagrams for automotive repair

Cons

the management software lacks small features that make good software great, like texting customers through the main service writer platform.

Good Program for the money

IT has been pretty good, there have been a few times I have been frustrated with it and not being able to find what I want.

Pros

It has a lot to offer. It includes a lot of good specs and tips for car repair.

Cons

I feel it could be setup a lot easier to use and find things on the program.

Great for estimates and wire diagrams.

Pros

I really like the search option. The colored wiring diagrams are a must. Also making estimates is easy.

Not so great

We used Mitchell for over 4 years, we managed to get by. We then switched to a much better rated program and wow the differences. Mitchell is a very hard system to navigate there aren’t many options and the ones it does have are a mother to figure out. I was extremely happy when we went away from them.

Pros

Honestly the only thing I really enjoyed within the system was their detailed diagrams

Cons

It is a very hard to navigate system, customer service is not very helpful at all.

We were oversold and the product would not work appropriately for our company yet could not be let o

Pros

I am so disgusted by the attitude of this company that I cannot think of one positive reason to do business with them or have their software.

Cons

The absolute worst company service and company in general to deal with that we have ever encountered.

Jonathan

Time used: Free Trial

Pretty decent software for repair centers

That software is well built, containing lots of nice feature. You can access to parts, paints, etc. etc. I would recommend this !

Mitchell RepairCenter