All Pabau Reviews

Allan

Reviewed March 2024

This is going to be awesome!

PROS

Definitely worth getting on board with P2; despite the teething issues and occasional bugs (which the support team are always aiming to help with) the overall functionality is going to be amazing

CONS

Some areas remain in development in Pabau 2 but on the whole having a positive experience

Thanks for the review Allan - I know you are a great user of our system and we value you as a client. Make sure you have checked our new lessons on https://academy.pabau.com and remember you can book 121 success meetings to make sure you are getting the most out of our system anytime here:- https://support.pabau.com/meetings/pabau/success-meeting https://support.pabau.com/meetings/pabau/success-meeting-us For anyone else considering switching from Clinko - check out https://pabau.com/compare/cliniko/

Oyin

Reviewed July 2022

Pabau software does most things well

It does most of what we need from a CRM but definitely still have records we are having to keep outside of the software. Would have preferred a white label service rather than each step my patients take to have Pabau labelling all over it. Customer support is below par. Should have a live chat or phone line to call. A lot of training videos are on a Vimeo account that isn't shared with you at implementation, some features and options have been improved and videos not updated. The step by step guide function for registered accounts doesn't work and the webinars seem very uninteractive. Seems to be a rush to finish within the 3o minute tieframe. Pabau has account managers, programming and implementation specialists but it's not ideal if you can't sold problems immediately. A ticket system that shows other client's concerns or questions would have saved a lot of hassle. User's forums, blogs, FAQs, Q & As are available but not shared when you come on board. Having a widget isnt suitable for all sorts of web platforms. Referral tracking is especially difficult when customer processes are handled putside your existing platform. Would have like to integrate a diferent payment processor rather than being limited to skype As at noww, Pabau sems the best fit for our business but we are not assured enough to stop looking for alternatives

PROS

A lot of features. Before and after pictures A lof of templates to choose from. Support team willing to integrate any pdf form and help customise to your brand

CONS

Customer support not always accessible. Would have preferred a dedicated number to call, opening hours etc. A lot of communication is via email or a request for a call back. Not suitable when the software isn't responding or you need quick fixes. Price is on the expensive side especially since you will need to pay Pabau extra subs for more staff, sending texts, marketing functions & Api integrations Ipad necessary for patient journeys function

Reason for choosing Pabau

Seems to have the most features Before and After picures are crucial for us and eliminates a lot of the competition.

Hi Oyin, I just wanted to reply back to this review and thank you for your detailed and thoughtful feedback. In particular, your points about better highlighting our educational resources to new users will be actioned upon. I would also like to make you aware that we do indeed have a live chat function. We moved away from phone-based support (though do still escalate to this when required) to a live chat feature because our data showed it to be a more effective method of supporting our customers. However, we will consider if there is a better way of making sure our customers know this support exists. Thanks again for trusting Pabau as your practice CRM and for helping us to get that little bit better with your constructive feedback.

Replied August 2022

Birju

Alternative Medicine, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Great potential, once bugs and usability by clients and practice user have been resolved

Very very frustrating to begin with and losing customers recently as the booking system just wasn’t working. This has made us furious and if not resolved then shall start to look elsewhere.

PROS

Options to be able to make the program unique to our business.

CONS

Way too many glitches and parts that simply don’t work nor are user friendly.

Stephen

Reviewed April 2024

It sounds great but the result is poor

Very poor. We are looking at switching to another software company.

PROS

It sounds great and excellent functionality and would generate efficiencies

CONS

There are endless software bugs that are embarrassing both for Pabau and for my business. The support is highly inadequate, slow and cannot solve key issues. It is crazy that Pabau changed over to Pabau 2 and the functionality got far worse.

Thanks for the review - sorry to hear you are having issues. I can see you are on our basic plan with our basic setup and therefore will not be benefiting from meeting with our success team or account managers. If you want 121 support, this is an option, but from looking at your chats, I can see you are expecting instant support form the team. Never the less, we will extend some extra support to you, to help work through any issues, please book a meeting here:- https://support.pabau.com/meetings/pabau/success-meeting https://support.pabau.com/meetings/pabau/success-meeting-us

Elizabeth

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Great for managing multiple services

Pabau have helped us manage multiple items in one place.

PROS

We have a busy practice with 30+ practitioners and pabau makes it easy for us to manage their schedules and see all of the patient details in one place for ease of managing their care alongside their admin.

CONS

I think the patient portal could do with some improvements as the online booking tool is clunky in comparison to other booking portals. Also it would be great if we could integrate the invoice and payment system with square as we tend to duplicate sending payment links with creating invoices on the patient's account for their records.

flexibility to develop

Reasons for switching to Pabau

They were very expensive and used to charge per person which for us became ineffective and were not willing to help on any development.

Thank you so much Elizabeth! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help!

Ellysa

Why I subscribed to Pabau

The on boarding and training team have been very professional and prompt with correspondence.

PROS

There are many features I could not find in other software. Particularly the use of consultation templates to reduce note writing time, photography with the assistance of stencils to always obtain the correct patient view (very good for before and after photos), integration of drug look up, the ability to assign permissions for data view amongst staff and online booking. Everything is customisable. There is a whole suite of tools to match the demands of my growing business.

CONS

I would have preferred the option of a free trail period to play around with the application pre subscription. However, I can see that I would have flounder without the online training provided. There is a learning curve steeper than other applications.

Reason for choosing Pabau

More feature to grow my business

Reasons for switching to Pabau

I have used timely in another practice and while user friendly it lacked the additional features beneficial to my aesthetics business

Thank you so much! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help!

Shelby

Cosmetics, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2024

Reno Tahoe Medical Spa

PROS

The online booking, inventory, and all templates make it very easy to start a medical spa. I love all the online education and Pabau academy.

CONS

The time different and settings default to UK.

Thanks for the review Shelby - you should be able to set the time zones easily enough up in setup. Make sure you have checked our new lessons on https://academy.pabau.com and remember you can book 121 success meetings to make sure you are getting the most out of our system anytime here:- https://support.pabau.com/meetings/pabau/success-meeting https://support.pabau.com/meetings/pabau/success-meeting-us

Giorgia

Reviewed August 2021

Great software

I need to get accustomed more with it, but overall so far I have had a good experience. Thank you!

PROS

The software without doubt is vast but pretty much intuitive. After the initial training all made much more sense and if in doubt I can always watch again the recordings. What I like the most is the integrated function to make your own marketing campaigns and the loyalty points you can give to your patients when they refer friends, without counting my practice is now paperless and I don't have to take folders with me in different clinics!

CONS

I would have preferred if the payment system could offer more methods rather than just Stripe. This might be something the developers can look into it.

Reasons for switching to Pabau

Because I have always had the feeling that I don't have full control of my business and also because the company stopped to book directly aesthetic treatments due to the unregulated market and, last but not least, because they take a staggering 35%+VAT for any new client that books via their platform. Ideally I would like to totally ditch Treatwell soon.

Thank you so much Giorgia! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help! The idea for more payment providers is excellent! Do feel free to give any idea you have on how to improve at out community page. We love hearing from you! https://community.pabau.com/

Carissa

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

One stop shop!!!

The reporting functions are a game changer!

PROS

Pabau is intuitive, user friendly and packed with features. We have researched the top 10 practice software programs and it by FAR out ways all the rest. SO EXCITED

CONS

We are only in the early stages of use but so far have not found anything that we don't like or can't find a work around for.

Reason for choosing Pabau

Pabau is innovative, intuitive, and will enable our business to continue to grow whilst creating a much better user experience for staff, clinicians and our clients.

Reasons for switching to Pabau

Our previous system was ok but we needed too many additional "add on's" in order to continue to grow our business and service our customers. Pabau is a one stop shop.

Lisa

New User Review

as I’m new to Pabau and I have only scratched the surface but I already know that once i utilise all the functions (especially the marketing features) my business is going to grow so that I can do aesthetics full time.

PROS

I’ve tried several platforms for managing appointments, consent forms and clinic notes and i felt that they always lacked the marketing aspect. Pabau has everything under one platform and I especially like the client loyalty scheme as I’ve tried loyalty card which didn’t work as client were constantly loosing them to forgetting to bring them. I also like the marketing tool as i had always wanted to create a monthly news letter but didn’t know where to start. Looking forward to growing my business with Pabau.

CONS

I would be good if there were bite sized tutorials available on line to help set up the system and also to help clinics make the most of this amazing platform.

Reason for choosing Pabau

A friend who uses Forest suggested i look at Pabau as she knows a lot of clinics who use it and said she thought it offered better value for money and she is considering switching.

Thank you so much Lisa ! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help! We also offer free webinar on multiple topics for the system, find these in Setup-Training and register!

Soran

Medical Practice, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2024

Pabau review

Not bad so far, will need more time to get used to the system

PROS

Overall use is fine but need more time to get the hang of the system

CONS

I was hoping for a ready use system rather than me editing and adding forms.

Victoria

Reviewed March 2021

Webinar

I really want to be able to understand and use the features properly to full capacity but I don’t have the time

PROS

The features, service, security and patient management

CONS

Setting things up and can’t revert back when I make a mistake Figuring things out and seeing patients is very timely and complicated

The features abs Demo

Reasons for switching to Pabau

Features I needed secure patient paperless documentátion

Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. Here at Pabau we have a support team that can help and guide you and that now respond in less than 2 minutes. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any reason! Over the last 3 months our customer satisfaction ratings on our live chat have been above 95% with an average 1 minute first response time and 25 minutes to fully resolve issues. We have dealt with over 21,000 conversations in the last year, so hopefully you will not hesitate to contact us! We are also always happy to offer as much training as is required and have over 10 live webinars you can join to get the very best out of Pabau, you can find these in Setup > Training.

Replied May 2021

Clare

Reviewed October 2020

Honest feedback

Poor, disapointing. The day the trainer was an hour late was a sign of things to come. Wish we would of never signed up

PROS

Nearly nothing with the exception of recalls

CONS

everything, literally nearly everything. I have to do all the programing, its clunky, not intuitive and built like the original MAC. Lack of integrations- terrible back end- snapshot or dashboard is nearly non existent.

Reason for choosing Pabau

Because we were sold a lie

Reasons for switching to Pabau

We needed an all in one CRM system with reporting and scheduling as well as a life cycle for the patient journey.

Zunaid

Reviewed September 2022

Great software! Excellent functionality

Great so far! Online zoom training was really good and helped to answer a lot of questions

PROS

Easy to use and figure out. Most things customisable.

CONS

Forgetting to refresh the iPad after entering records on desktop

Reason for choosing Pabau

Allows admin and PA to create appointments and do back of house admin and reports.

Pabau gives more functionality

Thanks for the review - we are happy to have you on-board. You can book 121 success meetings to make sure you are getting the most out of our system anytime here:- https://support.pabau.com/meetings/pabau/success-meeting https://support.pabau.com/meetings/pabau/success-meeting-us For anyone considering us over the competitors mentioned please visit: https://pabau.com/compare/

Lee

Extremely comprehensive

So far its been a great experience from the sales team through onboarding and finally the training.

PROS

The ability to free up the clinic of paper once and for all. Having tried a number of different software systems there has always been some paper somewhere. Pabau completely eliminates this. It has every feature you could dream of to reduce the workload. There's always someone available if you need help with the system as well.

CONS

The only issue for me is the time it takes from enquiry to implementation and that not all of our clinics consent forms were uploaded before the launch day. That being said there was a lot of forms for the Pabau team to do and they hand make each form. So it's not so much that I like it least.

Reason for choosing Pabau

ANS wasn't as user friendly as Pabau.

Reasons for switching to Pabau

None of the systems allow one place to get all of the information you need regarding your patients and allow a completely paper free experience.

Thank you so much Lee! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help!

Replied April 2022

Karen

Clinic management

so far starting to work well

PROS

The clinic appointment platform is very good, as are the medical records form, But taking time to implement, finding some of the system a little complicated

CONS

taking time to get used to it, as a practitioner I find some of the software complicated

Reason for choosing Pabau

i have been looking arond for a long time and it seemed the most professional

Reasons for switching to Pabau

better software and patient record keeping

Thank you so much ! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help!

Karen

Reviewed April 2022

It's exactly what we were looking for

Pabau customer service is fantastic. It has reduced a lot of stress for us. I

PROS

This software allows us to hold a patient record system similar to Primary Care NHS software. We are able to take bookings online through our website and communicate with our patients easily.

CONS

You need training in order to use this system efficiently. Without training and the help of the Pabau team, you will struggle.

Reason for choosing Pabau

Our patients could book online through our website with this system and it came highly recommended.

Thank you so much Karen! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help! Do feel free to give any idea you have on how to improve on our community page. We love hearing from you! https://community.pabau.com/ We are always happy to offer as much training as is required and have over 10 live webinars you can join to get the very best out of Pabau, you can find these in Setup > Training. Feel free to email maria@pabau.com to get free training so you can get the best out of it and have more ease of use!

Replied April 2022

Éilís

Reviewed June 2021

Very poor migration experience, multiple issues not resolved

Poor and inconsistent customer service. At the outset, I spoke with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] from Pabau, and subsequently [SENSITIVE CONTENT], when he was slow to revert, about a number of elements that were critical to my choice of software. Unfortunately, I was given incorrect information, and I am now writing this review, as my email to head office about my concerns, has gone unacknowledged, and unanswered. I was told that the migration would take a max of 7 days. Yet here I am, 7 weeks in, with critical patient documents missing, a messed-up GP database, insurance price over-rides not uploaded, and poor communication with apparently no will, to get the issues sorted. I was told that Pabau integrates with Sage accounts (it doesn't) I was told that there was no issue with Irish mobile numbers - when an issue arose, I was told that there might be an issue with some mobile numbers but they possibly couldn't identify this as they were Irish numbers, and received no further help. I was reassured that my extensive database of GPs would be imported intact. In fact, entire swathes of data (GP telephone numbers and email addresses) have been removed. The addresses have had Ireland entered as a town, and United Kingdom as the country, which is incorrect. I was reassured that there would be no problem using my existing Word templates, and that I would have full word processor functionality. This is absolutely not the case.

PROS

The product has a lot of potential, particularly relating to automating routine reminders, etc. Patient photos function is very useful

CONS

There are significant issues around the medical history section, which for some reason cannot be removed from the iPad when a patient is given same, to complete a consent form. I consider it dangerous, that a patient can click into and alter their medical history - that is alter their medical record. There is no ability to create and email a Word document or PDF from within the system. We are required to use a secure email system for correspondence with GPs and Hospitals, and thus cannot email directly from Pabau. The impossibility of producing anything other than the simplest of letters within the system, owing to the constraints on the Word templates, means that we have to engage a cumbersome of cutting and pasting email content to letters, an utter waste of time. My letter templated are largely pre-populated with content, which I edit and add to as required. Pabau allows me enter text to one point only in the middle of the document, rendering these templates obselete. This is very frustrating as I specifically asked when I interviewed Pabau, if I could continue using my templates as before, and was told that it would be "no problem"

Reasons for switching to Pabau

I moved to Pabau as my previous software (Jelly) became an online-only product, losing a huge amount of functionality, and rendering it unsuitable for use in a busy surgical practice. I thought (from the misleading information I was given during the sales pitch), that critical elements of what I require in a software package, would be available on Pabau.

Louisa