All Vend Reviews

Alan

Reviewed June 2018

It solves all of the problems I have as a retailer

I achieved fast checkout because all the product are loaded in inventory, but perhaps the most important is that I have increased the accuracy of reporting drastically

PROS

What I like about vend its is well designed user interface. But perhaps the most important is the ease of use, you can get the gist of it in about 20 minutes, and for more complex tasks it still would not take long to learn

CONS

I guess it's that for more detailed accounting id have to connect it to another software. so for example i have other expenses like utilities dont figure in the vend reporting, so the GP figures for instance are not fully accurate.

Hey Alan, thanks for your review of Vend POS. Our teams work hard to make sure that Vend is easy to use and quick to learn, so we're happy to hear that you feel that way! Vend has a number of integrations including with Xero's powerful accounting software that you may want to look into. If you'd like to give us more details on a specific feature you'd like to see in Vend, please use this link https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375 to submit a feature request. All the best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Reviewed June 2018

Vend is user-friendly and has been and easy transition for myself and my employees.

PROS

I LOVE the fact that I can see a photo of the product, since my DIY store is very visually based. I like that it is so easy to add or delete users. This helps when I have staff change and I have to take off employees to add new ones. I am a very organized person, so the folders really help, along with the color coding of each folder as well.

CONS

I would really like to have more features for the Admin position. I would like to be able to customize the features for what an Admin position would be. I want my manager to be able to add products and be able to do inventory. Also it would be really nice to be able to void out a transaction that has been closed if a mistake was done, but it seems like I have to refund the items first. Sometimes, customers just decide they don't want to do a project after we have done the transaction. It's rare, but it happens.

Hey Jennifer, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! Great to hear that you're loving so many of Vend's features. In terms of customising Amin roles and permissions, you can do this with Vend's Advanced User Permissions which is available on some of our plans. Good news regarding voiding sales ¿ this is really easy to do in the Sales Ledger. Go to https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/articles/227008567-Using-the-Vend-Sales-Ledger and choose 'Voiding Sales' at the top to find out how. If you need any further assistance or have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out to our friendly support team. We're here to help! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Kristyn

Reviewed March 2018

TERRIBLE Customer Service

I would never use this system if I were to open a business. I would look into other systems. Rain seems like it would be good, but need to do more research. Vend s HORRIBLE.

PROS

It's easy for employees to search something. I Like how you can export the items to an excel sheet to count and then re-import.

CONS

1. It is like pulling teeth to get support. they make you write a novel rather than just simply calling- and then don't answer for days. I have been waiting exactly 7 days for my issue to be resolved. 2. Inventory counts are mysteriously inaccurate on a ridiculous amount of items, even after I update it the day prior.. It has been like this the whole 2 years on and off. There is no way it is employee/customer theft. It is program error. 3. The loyalty deletes every time I update a variant...I have to re-enter it every time which is extremely annoying and a complete waste of time.To make it worse, I can't highlight the loyalty amount that's already in there and re-type the same exact thing.. it makes me click the zero loyalty above and then re-click the loyalty amount and re-enter it. Another annoying waste of time. It's not user friendly on the back-end...you have to pay meticulous attention when updating things because of this. Difficult to do while working with customers. 4. This program is very inconsistent. 5. Sometimes my whole update doesn't save at all and I have to redo it 3 times.

Hey Kristyn, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review of Vend POS. I’m very sorry to hear that you feel this way - we want Vend to be as easy as possible for retailers to use so I’m sorry that you’ve found some aspects a little difficult to master. Apologies for any frustration caused by this! I’m sorry that there was some delay with resolving your issue, sending through all the relevant information (including examples and screenshots) really helps our support team assist you as quickly as possible. The faster we know what’s going on the faster we can help you. In regards to your issues with inventory, our team have provided you with the steps to fix this and get things working smoothly for you. I hope that that’s all working better now, and if not please don’t hesitate to reach out to us again - we’re here to help! Best wishes, Lucia Vend’s Community Manager

Replied April 2018

Reviewed June 2018

Great cloud based software. Very friendly for businesses looking to grow.

Better overall control of my entire retail business and its 5 locations. Vend should consider adding time clock functions for users to clock in and out, and to create new sales information from those users like sales per hour, etc.

PROS

Inventory tracking features. Being able to see all outlets inventory at the same time. Inventory transfers are very intuitive and easy to perform, same with stock orders.

CONS

Pricing and sale discount features aren't easy to apply for a membership type of system. Updating Price Books is a hassle as its current layout for each price book is not easy to navigate if one product's price needs to be changed inside of a price book with hundreds of products.

Hey there, thanks for your review of Vend POS. We agree Vend's the best point of sale for businesses looking to grow! If you're wanting to add extra staff management functionality, check out the Vend + Deputy integration. Deputy is a cloud based all-in-one employee scheduling, time & attendance, tasking and communication platform that you can connect to Vend for greater insight on sales trends and labor metrics. You can also use Deputy to schedule staff based on Vend sales data, report on staff wage vs sales percentage to optimize team performance, and the Deputy iPad kiosk for clock in/out is the perfect companion for Vend iPad app. You can find out more about that here www.vendhq.com/product-add-ons. For running discounts we suggest using Vend's new Promotion features, which will save you time, let you easily customize your offers, and help you move inventory. You can find out more here:www.vendhq.com/whats-new-in-vend/vend-promotions. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager

Reviewed July 2022

Vend used to be the best, but now it's Lightspeed X

The more they iterate on the software, the more they remove useful features. Combined with how much they cost, there is a stronger choice out there (php pos)

PROS

This is the most bulletproof POS for the money. Everything that works, works better than other platforms.

CONS

They kept raining the price of the pos until they were sold to Lightspeed. Lightspeed is making changes so quickly that their own documentation is pretty worthless. Vendors they work with will call you with sales calls. I also don't like the continued removal of features (sorting by qty, eccomerce, sales ledger)

Reasons for switching to Vend

Uptime and general wholeness of the platform.

Reviewed June 2018

Very streamlined for online and retail needs

Online and offline and retail POS all integrated in one program.

PROS

It integrates the online and retail inventory at the same time. Like the basic website template and all that you can do to make it look like a real website with other information besides a shopping cart!

CONS

Does not support coupon codes! Thought about leaving Vend POS several times because of this problem.

Hey there, thanks for taking the time to review Vend POS! Apologies that we don't currently have a feature to generate coupon or promo codes. This is a highly requested feature we're aware retailers would love to see on Vend. If this feature is added to Vend, we'll be sure to send out an update. Thank you for your feedback. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Reviewed December 2018

Vend POS

From customer service stand point, they are an amazing company, they will try to accommodate and go above and beyond to help you.

PROS

The system is very easy to learn, the report capability is what we like the most, having the ability to run report to analyze the sales and patterns, is very helpful in planning , buying inventory, since it is capable to also hold inventory, to send emails to alert when inventory is low, is amazing, we love the system for our small store.

CONS

Not much, we had some issues in the beginning with credit card connectivity, but not for any of the system fault, it was the way our store is set up with our internet, once all that got squared away, the system worked perfect.

Stacy

Reviewed January 2017

Customer Support is Amazing!

I love the functionality of VEND. I like how you can categorize products as well as search for them. They continue to improve their software offerings to accommodate the needs of the retailer. Whenever an issue came up, they were immediate to respond and resolve the problem. Their training team is amazing! No surprise hidden expenses!

PROS

Great product for running a retail store! The product works very well and set up is quite easy.

CONS

Depending on merchant account, the software doesn't always allow refunds to be performed at the till (iPad).

Reviewed February 2021

Full of Functionality

We use Vend in a guitar retail and repair shop to keep our inventory and repair prices organized.

PROS

Vend has a very versatile and flexible workflow, with lots of features and options to work for most any retail scenario your business may face.

CONS

With all the features and options, many of them are tucked away in submenus, and therefore provides a steep learning curve if you lack someone to tutor you.

Reviewed November 2017

Excellent POS system

Love it & use it daily.

PROS

It connects with our calendar and we can take a payment right from there & it populates their information automatically. Its easy to add products and services

CONS

The register has to be manually closed. Wish there was an automated close feature if it's not closed by a certain time of the evening

Peter

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2017

Staff that enter in new stock items, are also be granted access to All your sales history

We have been using Vend for 2 years in a retail shop. Cons; Beware Employers if you want your staff to enter in "new stock" no matter how junior they maybe they will be able to see all you sales history totals daily monthly, your financial health. Are you ok with that ? If you don't have many new stock items then that may be fine, but in my case we have new products monthly so all my staff get to see how the business is doing and they see the big amounts of money coming in leading to discussions and justifications about the expenses with union delegates. Would you as an employer really want that, all your sensitive business data out there for all who enter in new stock to see ?? Would you be ok with a competitor finding out you business health ? I,m not. !! Moving forward what I would like to see in Vend is a stock entry window, or a class just above general cashiers but, below managers for stock entry and stock management, creating new items etc. Well that is my only Con . (Pros) If that mentioned above is not a problem for you then the rest of Vend is great !!! Download it and try it out for free, see if it is for you . For me sadly, it's a deal breaker and after two years I'm looking for another POS solution.

PROS

Great easy to use systems on the front end, stable data base that despite having over 6,000 items with in it doesn't miss a beat. It professional looking. Elegantly handles discounts by either % or by dollar value. Great reports. Integrates well with Xero and my website.

CONS

Beware Employers, anyone who can enter in new stock will see everything, sales history, reports, you sensitive business data, your business health. Download load it try it for yourself. I have raised this with Vend, and my response back was "Is this really a problem?". For me it is.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2020

Keep looking - this is debilitating to our business

Terrible, really wish we could turn back the clock and pick a different system. A full year of frustrations. We can put up with a lot of issues, and recognize no one platform is perfect. But going 3 weeks without a response from Vend support in a busy retail environment has destroyed any chance of ever recommending this group.

PROS

Simplicity (or so it seemed), multi-outlet.

CONS

It's simple because it doesn't work. We literally have buggy issues every week, and it's been a year of using it. And we're not attempting difficult or creative issues. Very basic retail tils, on hardware recommended by Vend, setup according to their specs. It just constantly has problems. Dropped sales, problems with software, reporting issues... you would think these are our issues (Vend blames everyone but themselves... that's a BIG IF you actually connect with someone from Vend - we've waited 3-4 weeks for a response from a person). Their system is great at auto-response - happy, you're the most important, etc... but never get a call (even when scheduled and agreed). What do we like least? Constant bugs and ZERO support. Also tired of Vend blaming everything else except themselves (we had no troubles with previous POS before we switched to them, great IT on our end, huge internet package, etc.).

Reason for choosing Vend

It was recommended by through a consultation process.

Reasons for switching to Vend

We have multiple stores, wanted a multi-outlet approach for POS

steven

Reviewed June 2018

All features one needs in a POS system, including integration with shopify made it an easy choice.

There are a lot of POS systems out there. I researched most of them before deciding on Vend. Anything you think that a POS should do, Vend does. There's no 100 percent perfect POS, but Vend has the most features and is easy to use. Plus no extra software or hardware is needed.

PROS

Shopify integration, bar code scanner integration, Quick Keys, reports, ability to list detailed product info. A big thing is remote login. I can check to see how my employees are doing at any time from any computer. I can also edit any part of my Vend information from any computer.

CONS

While Vend recently updated the way one enters product information by reducing the number of screens needed to enter or edit a product, there are still some areas of Vend that could use the same type of update. For example, after I'm finished entering a new product, there should be a button to click on that says "Enter New Product." Instead, I have to go back to the main Product Menu and go through a couple of screens to start entering another product. Not a major difficulty but this is one example where you have to go back to the main menu to access other parts of the software.

MS

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2018

Program is a works in progress and poor communications

Great range of features and a good simple starter inventory management system , but the program is a works in progress and can be frustrating.

PROS

Neat, simple and easy to use, starter price was competitive. Good inventory management features, which feeds into the POS system, simple reporting and it has the capabilitiy to link to Xero.

CONS

I have had similar problems with others, when VEND update or upgrade the program, which seems like every 2 months, it plays havoc with the data inputting and adding new product, and with VEND, it is imperative that you input the data accurately when you add a new product. Plus, they are not good with communicating that they will be doing an upgrade or making changes to tariffs, which might affect the functionality of the program. I have been trialling the system for a year, and I am rather nervous of enabling the xero integration, as it might not be accurate information that is being fed thru.

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review Vend. Happy to hear that you're finding Vend easy to use and enjoying the range of features, including inventory management. Sorry to hear you've had trouble with an update. Updates are always done to add value to Vend and our team thoroughly research and test all updates before releasing them. Our friendly support team are able to help should you need assistance or have questions about any updates. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Replied July 2018

Cheryce

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed July 2018

Vend is awesome

Overall this is a good software and I would recommend it for use by retailers as it can be very beneficial to analyze business growth and failure.

PROS

1. It is a web-based application that is accessible from anywhere. 2. You are able to be very detailed with your products (ie colours, SKU, Size, quantity etc) all in one entry 3. The reporting system which is provided is just phenomenal, very detailed. 4. The interface is very user-friendly 5. Customer database that is created is very easy to access 6. Technology for barcode scanner, Bluetooth printers etc is very on point.

CONS

1. Once your subscription expires you no longer have access to your business information. 2. Phone support is not available outside the USA 3. Email correspondences take a very long time and often times the communication is off 4. Can allow editing float amount entered especially by the manager, not cashier privileges. 5. Does allow you to create an actual quotation or estimate but can use the park sale option and void if not necessary.

Hey Cheryce, thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review of Vend POS − great to hear there are so many features and functions of Vend that you're enjoying using! Wonderful to hear that you're finding our reporting phenomenal, that's exactly we love to hear. In regards to subscriptions, you have the option to put your account 'On Ice' for a small monthly fee if you wish to retain the data. In regards to Vend support, sorry to hear you experienced a slow response via email and weren't 100% happy with the response, we've been making some changes in this area to improve a few processes. Phone support is available in all countries on all plans. Hope that helps and do reach out if you need assistance with anything - our team are here to help. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Replied July 2018

Gina

Reviewed June 2018

Customer service is superb and interface is intuitive, easy to learn.

Cloud-based POS.

PROS

Easy to use features, very sleek and clean navigation. Out-of-the-box website design options are plentiful and easy to use. We have the premier technical support package and they are always accessible and helpful.

CONS

We wish we could customize our receipt. The customization possibilities are limited in both design elements and reporting. Also wish updating the price of a single item and all its price books could happen in one step.

Hey Gina, thank you for your review of Vend POS. Delighted to hear that you are enjoying Vend so much and have had such a wonderful experience with our support team! That's exactly the type of service we aim to deliver at Vend. Good news - receipts are customizable! Go here https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/articles/201378310-How-do-I-set-up-my-receipt-template to find out how to customize your receipts. Hope that helps! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Norma

Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2018

Its easy to use in a variety of laptops and Ipad.

I can record what are my weekly sales, to give my employees comision of their sales, to check inventoroy.

PROS

That I can open it from a different location and different device. Its user friendly. I can send email invoice to clients. I can accept partial payments.

CONS

Sometimes makes changes that im not aware of. Sometimes dont get custumer service. Sometimes I dont find in the frequently asked questions how to do some options.

Hey Norma, thanks for your review for Vend POS! Happy to hear that you're pleased with Vend's functionality and ease of use - that's what we love to hear! Vend's customer support team are available 24/7 so if you ever need assistance please don't hesitate to reach out. If you would like to give us some more specific feedback you can submit a ticket with our friendly support team here: https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager).

Lucinda