All Venmo Reviews

Venmo is king

Eric R.

Internet, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Venmo is a great consumer product with limited use for business

Venmo's incredible ease of use makes it essential for interacting with other people with whom I might loan or pay money for simple things. For vendors, it's a solid way to get access to credit card payments with okay fees.

PROS

Venmo is dead simple to use, with the QR code scan and effortless options to ask for payments or send them. The number of people who signed up for Venmo also helps - most younger folks are on it.

CONS

The social aspect of the software is a bit odd in that I'm not in the least bit interested in what my friends are paying one another for. When people get funny, I suppose it could be entertaining but too much of the feed is people paying each other for rent, groceries and other mundane stuff. Additionally, this present a business challenge where you need to be cautious about posting your purchases if it's a private purchase for your business.

Reason for choosing Venmo

More people have Venmo and it's not tied to Zelle's limited bank list.

Reasons for switching to Venmo

Venmo is easier and in use by more people than PayPal.

gerald

Construction, 2-10 employees

Solid Hands Home Creations

My experience has been overall wonderful I love behalf of there’s a lot of money flowing back-and-forth through it, so that’s a good sign

PROS

Everything I really love the habits welcoming I love the colors I like the programming. The software is really easy user-friendly I really enjoy the app.

CONS

It does have some glitchy spots. Some spots that are just a little bit overly complicated overall great absolutely wonderful.

Reason for choosing Venmo

Wasn’t even a hard choice to make. Do I want GoBank that overall is just another card I’ll have to keep up with. Or do I go with Venmo it’s fun it’s new it’s leading the industry in business and finance software development and services.whywould inchoose anything else.

Reasons for switching to Venmo

Chime became just a basic boring bank account. Venmo’s fund. It’s intriguing. It draws you in. It’s exciting.

Paige

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Do Not Use Venmo!

PROS

You can pay people quickly. There are no other pros.

CONS

I purchased concert tickers from a Venmo user after they had offered them on Facebook. I investigated the person before purchasing and felt like they were legitimate. Turns out, they were a scammer so I spent over $400 using the balance I had on my Venmo and did not receive the tickets. I IMMEDIATELY called Venmo to try to get my money back. The first Customer Service representative that I talked to said that the best they could do was submit a ticket to an Account Specialist and that they would get back to me in the next 24 hours. The rep. also told me that if the scammers move that money into their personal bank account that it would be out of their hands and they would not be able to give me a refund. I asked if they could expedite my ticket since I only had a day or 2 before it will go into their bank account. He said they can't do that. I said "You can't even call and just ask if that's a possibility?" He said no. 24 hours pass by and I hadn't heard anything so I called Customer Service again and the second representative I talked to said that I was given false information and it's going to take 6-7 days for them to investigate the situation. I asked her if there is anyway to expedite my ticket, especially since I was told it would be taken care of already. She said no. I ask again, "Can you call them and just ask since this is time sensitive and by tomorrow you guys won't be able to help me at all?" She says no. I will never use Venmo again.

Henry

E-Learning, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Venmo, it's a great app!

Overall, Venmo is a great app, especially for an app that is free. I have had little to no issues while using Venmo for the many years that I have and I only have great words to say about it!

PROS

I like that Venmo makes it super easy to collect payments from customers, and refund them at the same time. I've never used a platform that also makes it easier to track payments.

CONS

The user design is not super intuitive, which can cause issues at times, but otherwise I have had no issues!

Reason for choosing Venmo

The price point of Venmo could not have been beaten, it is just so much cheaper and without fees.

Reviewed November 2023

The easiest point of sale app on the market

Overall highly positive. Would recommend to anyone in need of a safe and convenient cash transfer and Point of Sale app.

PROS

Implementation was incredibly easy and most of my staff (and clients) are already familiar with the application. The credibility of any financial app is critical, so the security and financial insurance Venmo provides is what made the deal for my team.

CONS

There is no easy-to-use air-touch feature where two adjacent phones can automatically link for payment. However, this would just be a nice ancillary benefit and is not critical.

Reasons for switching to Venmo

Too difficult to add new contacts, and ultimately had too much focus on unnecessary features for our use case.

Venmo

I love Venmo it’s a great app to exchange money!

PROS

I love the fact that it’s easy to send and recieve money

CONS

That if you attach it to Zelle your funds will pending for 15 min

Reasons for switching to Venmo

My other product was being hacked so my funds were never secure

Whitney

Retail, 2-10 employees

Must Use App

I have had a great overall experience using Venmo so far.

PROS

What I like about Venmo, the most is being able to send and receive Money instantly.

CONS

sometimes the cards that you have stored don’t work so you have to use it directly .

Reasons for switching to Venmo

A few scams happened on the square app. It wasn’t good for us business wise to use.

Bryan John

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Better than Cash

Im a happy and satisfied user. I would reccommend it to anyone I know. If you're into cashless transaction, Venmo is the way to go.

PROS

convenient and so much better than carrying cash with you. You can use Venmo to pay any transactions. Your information is secured without any data breach.

CONS

sometimes there are down time using this app, but it rarely happens. You will get notified if there are any maintenance happening.

Reasons for switching to Venmo

I like it more and almost everyone I know is using it.

Tammy

Fine Art, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed January 2024

Venmo - easy use

PROS

The ease of use is the biggest reason to use Venmo.

CONS

We truly have not found a drawback to using Venmo. It is there when we need it and is easy to use.

Reason for choosing Venmo

Less fees - we don't have a huge use for the service, so paying larger fees was offputting

Reasons for switching to Venmo

Fees - not having transfer fees when we only use it infrequently was a huge plus

April

Hospital & Health Care, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed January 2024

Great option for payment processing!

Overall great and would recommend to anyone with a small business.

PROS

I appreciate that the fees that Venmo has to process payments are lower than other competitors. It's accessible and easy to use as a client and provider!

CONS

While setting up I had some challenges with creating a business account separate than my personal Venmo account. But the customer service was excellent and helped me, although I wish it had been a little faster.

Reason for choosing Venmo

Lower processing fees made it more affordable for me.

Nadia

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2020

A great way to divide costs, reimburse individuals and get paid!

Venmo has allowed me to quickly and easily pay and receive funds. It's a useful tool to have among other payment options, and I find it useful to just let some money accrue in Venmo from payments so I can easily pay others, without having to transfer from my bank account. Venmo has saved me time, fees from transferring and complexity in issuing some payments.

PROS

It's an easy way to directly send money to someone. With a few clicks you can send money to a contact or likewise, easily receive money. You can indicate what the payment is for, and the money accumulates in your Venmo account. You can easily transfer it to your bank account, as well. It's a great way to pay on the go, in a simple way, without having to enter or know your payee's bank account information, address or anything else!

CONS

You can only pay someone who has a Venmo account, so this is a small restriction that might not make it the default option for everyone. It's also quite informal, so it might not be the best way to receive or send money to clients or professional contacts.

Reason for choosing Venmo

I have investigated CashApp as an alternative but I found that Venmo was more widely used and I felt more reputable due to its popularity. I had also heard that many people were very satisfied with Venmo and no major problems were reported, so that was a major selling point for me.

Reasons for switching to Venmo

I still use Paypal but prefer Venmo for some types of transactions that I feel it handles more efficiently and easily than Paypal. Venmo also doesn't have as many fees, so it truly is a direct user to user transfer that eliminates extra steps.

LAURA

Cosmetics, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2021

Perfect for person-to-person, not the best for businesses

I use venmo for personal use outside of the business very regularly. I choose not to use it for my business for the reasons I listed in my cons.

PROS

This is probably the easiest and most user friendly money transferring app that I have used. Venmo charges the user a very small percentage to do an instant transfer and there are no fees to do a transfer that takes 1-3 business days. If you are out for drinks and decide to put the bill on one person's card, you can easily send them money to cover your portion and they'll have it before the check even comes. If you need your money transferred to your bank immediately, you can have it within less than 3 minutes. Another pro is that nearly everyone has it on their phones these days and that keeps things simple.

CONS

It does keep track of your payments, received and sent; however, I feel that the use of venmo in a business is highly unprofessional and it can be a negative to the recipient. If a business owner or worker receives money for goods or services, they are charged a fee. While this fee percentage is very small, if you charge more than $100.00 for whatever your business provides, you're charged a fee and that adds up. For example, I sent money for $1,400.00 and received a very nasty email from the recipient saying that they were charged $14.00 just to pull the money. This is only with instant transfer, as I said, but it is something to be remembered for business owners.

Reason for choosing Venmo

Ease of use and the fact that everyone I know has it.

Andy

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Amazing Payment Solution for Many Applications

Venmo has always been a great experience and very intuitive...even for people who aren't technologically inclined. Everyone we have used it with or introduced it to has continued to use it afterwards with great results. We plan on using it for even more as it allows in the future. It's much easier and quicker than PayPal which seems to have been the standard until now.

PROS

Venmo is an incredibly easy and fast way to transfer money between people in a company for expenses and more as well as accept payments for merchandise (with the new business account options) and even pay people for their services. Since multiple people can be logged on, it allows 4 of us to operate financially when necessary without a delay. You can easily write what each payment is for and download monthly statements to keep accurate records of all of your transactions. Even better, most people have it and use it now so compatibility is rarely an issue. It makes everything we do faster and our customers even more pleased as they can pay for merchandise, tickets, or even simply donate at the click of a button!

CONS

The only tough thing about Venmo that rarely arises is if someone doesn't use it. In that case, we need to have a paypal or cash option ready but that's not an actual problem with the application itself. It would be great if they could add annual statements to their download option in addition to the monthly statements. Annual statements would save some time during tax season!

Reason for choosing Venmo

We liked the interface better and it seems that more people use it than CashApp.

Reasons for switching to Venmo

Venmo is faster and easier. It has less fees (none unless sending money using a credit card) and most people are starting to use it more than paypal now.

Brian

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2021

Why your business needs Venmo!

I love using Venmo and prefer it to any other payment method - its just so darn easy to use! I love it and you will too!

PROS

With Venmo your business never has to sacrifice an order for payment issues! Venmo remains a top competitor in the payment processing market because of its versatility, ease of use, reliability, support and recognition - if you don’t have Venmo these days people start wondering what rock you’ve been hiding under! Venmo’s user analytics and usability are top of the line and will make the payment of every sale the easiest part of the process!

CONS

I have nothing bad to report, the app is practically flawless for the purpose it serves! If there’s anything to perhaps improve upon initially it would be the inclusion of crypto currency as crypto will continue to rise in popularity around the world.

Reason for choosing Venmo

Venmo is again just the easiest to use and most popular amongst the younger generations. It’s trusted, reliable, and so easy anyone can do it!

Reasons for switching to Venmo

I use both but prefer Venmo for the fee structure, ease of use, and social acceptance - PayPal is great but it’s also potentially more dated and less popular with the younger generations.

Megan

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed April 2021

The only app I'll use to send money

I use Venmo all the time to pay friends and family. It's especially useful for splitting bills. I also use Venmo for goods and services like with my hairdresser and massage therapist! It's so fast and easy to send money via the app. You don't even need to get your wallet. out.

PROS

Venmo is extremely user-friendly and easy to use. You can send money easily and quickly via the app without a million steps. Something that I love that I've noticed a lot of people don't seem to realize is that there is no fee if you transfer money via your bank account instead of with a card! I also really like the social aspect of Venmo. You can add friends on Venmo and see who transferred money to who and for what. You can write little notes and add emojis when sending money and then it shows up on your feed. It's a super convenient way to transfer and receive money whether it's for goods and services or splitting a dinner bill with friends. I've also found that almost all of my friends and family and many merchants and vendors use Venmo. It's great how popular it's become recently!

CONS

For some reason, my bank account randomly gets disconnected. There have been several times where I go to transfer money to someone and I get an error message saying my bank account was disconnected and I need to reconnect. It's frustrating having to go through all the steps to connect my bank account over and over again.

Reasons for switching to Venmo

Paypal is not as easy to use as Venmo. It seems like there are more steps and the app is less user-friendly than Venmo. I've also noticed that more people prefer to use Venmo than Paypal so it's more convenient for me to use Venmo.

Aman

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Best for everything

Overall experience with Venmo is great. It is best for both personal and professional money exchange.

PROS

This is a paypal product and we all know about PayPal. The product have all the creatures of PayPal and in addition to that it offers several benefits as well. The feature that I like the most is the offers and cash back rewards which are very frequent and recurring. This product helped me a lot and saved me hundreds of dollars.

CONS

The product is very well overall but this is not an acceptable form of payment everywhere. Small businesses and companies, sores etc are not able to process the payments which went through Venmo. They should expands their reach.

Reason for choosing Venmo

Venmo is faster and offers benefits regularly. It offers cash back and other discounts very often which are not offered by it’s alternatives.

Reasons for switching to Venmo

Zelle was a good product but Venmo have a lot more benefits than Zelle and these extra perks gives Venmo an edge.

Phoebe

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Safe Way to Send Money

With Venmo, I am able to easily transfer and receive money from people. I have never had any problems with Venmo which makes my experience very positive. I am happy to recommend Venmo to my friends especially since they are in college where it is very useful in selling textbooks and receiving monthly bills from housemates!

PROS

I love the ability to send money and personalize the memos that go with it. It is much more personal, fun, interactive, and user friendly compared to PayPal. There is also the ability to transfer money into your account quickly if you need the funds for a very low cost. The interface is easy to use and understand for everyone who is of the eligible age to use Venmo. You can transfer money for whatever reason! I personally use it for bills and even research incentives for research participants.

CONS

I love everything about Venmo. I find it easy to use and I have no problems with using it. Some people may find the verification process annoying however, it is a way to make sure your bank account and personal information is not being breached.

Reasons for switching to Venmo

PayPal has been extremely difficult to use on my desktop and on the app. It is too much to handle and is not simple enough for everyone to use. It takes a lot of steps to transfer money and to receive money.

Reviewed May 2019

Venmo is a TOP Choice to Send Money

I use this app weekly for small payments and paybacks here and there. Sometimes a client asks to use this app instead of any other payment source so being able to track that is imperative. I have never had an issue with my funds with this app and that makes me feel secure and happy to keep using the app. I use it even more than paypal, cashapp or any other payments received app.

PROS

I've been using Venmo for years now and the main things I like about the app are ease of use and low/no fees. I constantly have people ask me if I use Venmo which means mainstream adoption. Its easy to send payments to others or receive them, especially with the QR code. And I've never had an issue with the app or transfer of funds. I love how funds are instant transactions and quickly done in a few moments time.

CONS

I feel it could use some more features such as transaction history, download .csv files and I don't feel the community feature really adds anything to the software itself. Literally no reason for it in my opinion. Perhaps allowing to buy, accept or transfer cryptocurrencies would be good (like Cash app does). I've heard rumors of limiting the amount of received funds in a month and some accounts have been blocked for this?