All KPA Flex Reviews

Craig

Construction, 51-200 employees

Rudy Construction

Our company really enjoys iScout. It’s easy to use, and is a great asset to us

PROS

How easy it is to use, and customize. The app for phone is very easy to use. 20/20 training is a very nice asset as well.

CONS

It would be nice if you could download charts from the data that is entered.

Reason for choosing KPA Flex

I like the function of iScout better than others, and the customer service was second to none.

Thanks for the review, Craig.

Stephanie

Reviewed July 2019

Easy, User Friendly, and Interactive

We are able to complete do away with another app that wasn't able to function and do all the things we as a company were looking to do. iScout customizes the website to be as user friendly and to fit the best needs for our business!

PROS

I love how easy it is to customize each companies site. Everyone on the customer support team is super helpful and always easy to reach.

CONS

Is being too great a con?! I have yet to find anything that I do not like about this app.

Reasons for switching to KPA Flex

Whip around wasn't able to do as much as iScout, it wasn't built for all of the different functions our company needs.

Great feedback, Stephanie! Thanks for the review.

Keegan

Oil & Energy, 1,001-5,000 employees

QMS Project

Very good, have held weekly calls with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] since deciding to move forward with iScout and our QMS.

PROS

Support. Currently working close with iScout team to implement iScout as the primary database for the Quality Management System (QMS).

CONS

The hesitation for proposed/potential new development.

Thanks for writing a review, Keegan.

Will

Reviewed March 2022

Perfect for us and so flexible

It is our Safety Management System. It's real time and simple, simple, simple. It really helps our office employees see what the field crews do and helps other locations see what they deal with as well.

PROS

I was attracted to the ease of developing reports, training, etc. and it has done more than expected. The simplicity for our employees is what makes it work.

CONS

There's not much if anything I don't like. Maybe the layout of a form when using the "Select" option. For example, when selections are made and the report is submitted, the "select" sections go to a sentence form with commas. I'd rather see the selections stacked, like in a column form. Last thing, the names [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and iScout were much catchier and likened to. Our company still calls it iScout.

Reason for choosing KPA Flex

I can't remember their name but at the time, they had customers like Coca Cola and some professional sports teams. Their product looked very similar but way to expensive for a company like ours. And the way [SENSITIVE CONTENT]sold (at the time) [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and demonstrated it in person was all I needed.

Reasons for switching to KPA Flex

Complicated for one, price for the other.

Joyce

Changing Safety Culture Using Technology

When I review our lagging indicators, the impact of focusing on the leading indicators is evident in the 75% reduction in our total recordable incident rate. On average, I review 850 reports each month, including JSA’s, observations and inspections as soon as they are completed and submitted in the field. Information sharing is improved, and risks are reduced for employees in the field through the speed of knowledge transfer. Our customers prefer the reports through iScout for the clean format and the quick turnaround when requested. iScout gives us the ability to provide unlimited access to numerous resources that are available to our employees, including access to our updated standard operating guidelines. An employee will choose to use a tool that is user-friendly with proven results of increased safety. I have recommended this software numerous times without reservation. Our company also won the prestigious North Dakota Petroleum Council award based on the use of technology in safety.

PROS

The iScout safety software provides a platform to manage a fully integrated safety system for our employees. The system provides the ability to manage reporting and training, along with equipment management. The oil and gas industry has begun to focus on using leading indicators when working towards safety excellence. A safety approach that is easy to use equals increased participation by all employees and will ultimately lead to the success of the program.

CONS

Challenges with the implementation of the program were training on iScout due to our remote work sites, technology challenges such as internet connectivity, and changing the mindset of the older oil and gas worker to adapt to real time technology. All of our workers prefer the technology over previously used paper forms once they understood how easy the system is to operate. There have been no issues with the software, simply challenges with implementation to the field worker.

Reason for choosing KPA Flex

I was familiar with iScout through my previous employer and knew it was what we needed at Fortis Energy Services. I've known [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for many years, and he is a well respected safety professional that has contributed greatly to the oil and gas industry. Low cost per employee, with the ability to customize our own training and reports, made it the only option I considered using. When I submitted the proposal to my [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], he said, "This is exactly what I've been asking for!"

Thanks for the feedback, Joyce!

Lauren

Reviewed July 2020

Awesome tool that is flexible and intuitive! Highly recommend!!

Overall, our experience with iScout has been excellent! I cannot say enough about their customer service and the flexibility of their software!

PROS

There are so many features that I love! A few of the top features are: - Acknowledgement feature. You can send out an acknowledgement that includes attachments and a short message to all your employees in just a few quick seconds! It pushes to their smartphone and also email! Very customizable, you can even request a signature! - 2020 Training Platform. iScout offers so much flexibility when it comes to creating training lessons that we have been able to utilize this tool for all our internal HR training. We can load our own slides, add voiceover files, videos, etc. They even have a built in quiz feature and automated narration. Reporting is a breeze for training too. - Forms. We utilize forms for many different purposes. From the HR perspective, we have built out Onboarding checklists that managers use as a guide to help them onboard new employees. You can customize a form in just about any way to meet your needs! love the flexibility! Additionally, iScout is extremely intuitive from an employee perspective! Nothing is hard to find and you can easily access everything you need! Lastly, the customer service at iScout is amazing! Out of all the software we use, they by far offer the highest level of customer service and go out of there way to meet your needs!

CONS

I do not have anything that I could recommend they change.

Thanks Lauren! We value your feedback.

Charles

Oil & Energy, 201-500 employees

iScout Review

Overall I like iScout. It's so much better than keeping track of items in multiple spreadsheets. The reports that can be generated from it are great because we can see what's trending whether it be positive or negative. The customer service is great and quick to reply when I have a question or concern.

PROS

The mobile app is easy to use and navigate, especially for our field personnel. Filling out forms/reports and submitting them is relatively simple. If no cell service is available at the time a report is submitted from the field it will automatically update and submit the form when service becomes available. I like that I can create my own forms and tailor them to our company's needs.

CONS

I can think of two things that I have always found lacking with iScout via a desktop computer. 1. The inability to click on "previous" and "next" when reviewing reports one after the other. These would make for much easier navigation. When I do go "back" I have to start from the beginning with all the reports listed and scroll to the one I want. It takes me back to the top of the list and the report I need could be on page 4. This can be very time consuming. 2. I think the "search" ability is lacking. I have found on occasion that when I put in key word (e.g. facility or location name) or date I get zero results back. I notice this when I attempt to search for old incident reports that I know have been submitted because I have old emails but they don't show up in my seach results.

Thanks for the feedback, Charles.

Matthew

Construction, 51-200 employees

Great product

It is great, and I would recommend KPA to anyone, especially anyone that has employees out in the field and away from their home office. It has been a great to help improve our communication with our employees

PROS

It is easy to use and set up for the entire company. Also the training aspect is awesome. Since every one of our employees has an account, we are also utilizing KPA as a way of communicating to our employees and gathering information back from the on many other topics other than safety.

CONS

It takes a minuet to get your head wrapped around how the forms work when you go to start creating your own, but once you get it KPA is really easy to use.

Reason for choosing KPA Flex

Having the customizable training platform included was the thing that ultimately pushed us over but if I would have realized the full functionality of the system I would have jumped at it a lot faster.

Matthew

Plastics, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed January 2024

One of the best and fastest growing on the market!

PROS

KPA Flex has a multitude of capabilities and is always improving and expanding. We have a very close relationship with the Client Success team and have very open communication. Our feedback is always taken seriously and implemented quickly when feasible. The constant improvements made by KPA Flex give us the ability to improve the user experience, tracking and reporting. And the add on features go above and beyond what is expected. The ease of use is a major plus when compared to other products on the market.

CONS

We have high aspirations for our future use of KPA Flex and what we want the system to enable our company to do. However, we find that we push the software capabilities to the limit at times. For example, setting up extravagant EHS Audit processes don't work well with the current workflow design of the system. I trust the product development team will continue to improve these capabilities for better adaptation in the future.

Michelle

Oil & Energy, 5,001-10,000 employees

Friendliest software

PROS

It is so easy to use, to train personnel on and has great tools and resources

CONS

Sometimes it gets slow so it can be frustrating

Janise

Oil & Energy, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Fluid SIMOPS

PROS

User friendly interface that enables users to accomplish multiple tasks in the same space. From learning, to audits, vacation requests and onboarding, we literally use KPA EHS for everything!

CONS

The Spanish translator is more proper than slang... not ideal for my workforce.

Andrea

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2020

The sky is the limit with iScout!

PROS

There are countless features within iScout that I can rave about, but one of the most helpful features for me as a business owner is the ability to receive reports and updates regularly to my email inbox. For example, I receive an emailed pdf report every Thursday showing me which drills and inspections are up to date and which ones are overdue. This gives me peace of mind and helps me manage my business with little effort! I can instantly take action if needed to ensure the drills and inspections are completed right away if they show up as overdue.

CONS

This really isn't a con...the sky really is the limit with iScout! There are so many features and options for customization, which makes it a bit overwhelming. The customer service is OUTSTANDING, and iScout has been incredibly helpful breaking it down for us to help us get started. We are working through one section at a time to build it out and make it work for our needs.

Andrea, thank you for writing a review.

Angela

Mining & Metals, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed July 2023

KPA software has taken our business into the future.

PROS

KPA software is easy to use and streamlined. Not only do we consistently hear this feedback from our workforce, but we were able to build the software from scratch and implement KPA to our workforce in only a month.

CONS

Education during the implementation process was left to the admins too much. It was a self-serve process. The videos were helpful, but we would've liked to have been able to let some of our implementation cost be earned a little more.

Reasons for switching to KPA Flex

The old software was extremely difficult to use and develop. Small changes had to go through their IT department which took months to fix or assign tickets. It was frustrating to be paying for a platform that you couldn't use.

Ashley

Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees

Great Communication and Compliance Tool

Overall the experience with iScout has been great because you can literally do anything you want with the program. For us, it puts all compliance items in one place - bus maintenance, driver files, weekly drills, building maintenance, safety trainings, COVID-19 related forms, company announcements, company policies, and the list can go on. And one of my favorite things is the reports that you can set up to automatically email you so you can easily ensure compliance.

PROS

Love the ability to roll out new forms of any nature to all employees with a click of a button and then be able to track who has completed or not with ease. Love the easy ability to ensure all compliance matters have been completed by staff members ( i.e. fire drills, tornado drill, bus checks, etc). Love the infectious disease form created by iScout for use during COVID-19 pandemic. Love the ability to set up emailed reports automatically. Love all the trainings offered and the new trainings specific to COVID-19 on the 20/20 platform! Super helpful to know we were doing everything we could to keep all in our school building as safe as possible.

CONS

It's a love/hate on this but with iScout being so customizable sometimes it's hard to get to what you want. But they have a great support team to help you get to what you want.

Thanks for your review, Ashley. We appreciate the feedback.

Harrison

Oil & Energy, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2020

iScout can't be beat dollar for dollar

I am in the process of implementing iScout at my second company which should indiciate how much value I find in the software.

PROS

The customizability of iScout is one of the greatest aspects of the platform. You can replace any paper form that is currently used and then enhance it using features only possible on a software platform. Also, the simplicity of iScout is one of its strong suits. The platform doesn't require days or weeks of training to get employees up to speed and once the initial configuration and data input is finished, additional updates and modifications are very easy to do.

CONS

There are a few quality of life improvements that would be nice to have especially the ability to perform actions in bulk. Things like creating and modifying forms can be tedious because of the number of clicks required to add or edit line items. Also when completing forms, attachments (pictures or documents) must be added one at a time instead of adding all attachments at once.

Reason for choosing KPA Flex

I researched many other products, some specific to quality management (ISO 9001) and every single other software platform was either far too complex for what we needed and/or VERY expensive. iScout's pricing plan can't be beat.

Thanks for the feedback, Harrison.

Bob

Oil & Energy, 201-500 employees

iScout Review

Very satisfied iScout is very quick to respond to questions and help in anything I have needed.

PROS

The software provides easy to use documents they have a lot to choose from and can be complete customized. The training 20/20 is also an awesome compliance tool to help the overall safety program.

CONS

iScout has added tools to there software I've been looking for since I started using them. One of the main things was computer based training. They are safety professionals they think of the things we would like to see and seem to be one step ahead!

Reason for choosing KPA Flex

Ease of use, price, customization and the mobile application.

Thanks Bob, we value your feedback.

Karl

DOT Manager

iScout helped solved monthly training and keeping records of it. Ability for DVIR's that need attention are emailed to the correct people. Audits of locations are being done timely and good records. Any incident reports when submitted are distributed so the correct managers.

PROS

Like the Open Task, for audits or reviews on equipment or people. Can set them up on a time line so you do not miss any. Like being able to check daily on what training has been completed. Being able to keep all DVIR's and Repair Orders for equipment, and can customize to fit situation.

CONS

VERY small, selecting some of the divisions or what you are filtering for takes a few extra clicks. This seems to be a little particular, but needed to fill out what least like.

Reason for choosing KPA Flex

Customization of reports and forms. Customer service.

Thanks for the review, Karl.

Tiffeny