SmartCompliance Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Product is easy to use; customer service is superb. Makes tracking subcontractor compliance much easier."
  • icon"I enjoy the ability to organize on a project and company level."
  • icon"The ease to navigate through the system is pretty simple. The different reports it will generate is outstanding."
  • icon"The search features in the software are not ideal, along with no option to view all accounts in one screen."
  • icon"I'd say 80% of the documents fail. When the system is able to read the document it misreads the document and puts check marks in categories that aren't marked on the actual document."
  • icon"Often has system errors when uploading attachments & emails not going out of the system."

Have you used SmartCompliance and would like to share your experience with others?

All SmartCompliance Reviews

Nicholean

Industry: Utilities

SmartCompliance is work Smart not Hard!!!

I am very pleased with my overall experience. It is to replace my original method of keeping up with my subcontractors by spreadsheet. I am not a Smart Compliance pro yet but I am able to get the work added and done that is of most importance.

Pros

I am able to keep all of my subcontractors in one program and keep up whether or not they are in compliance. I can generate reports to send to my service centers in regard to the compliance of their subcontractors and I can also keep up whether the subcontractors are in compliance by evaluation of their documents or whether I place them in compliance until their documents are expired.

Cons

I am unable to generate reports on what the deficiencies are of my subcontractors and I can not figure out how to add a new document by making the document myself. That is very confusing. I wanted to be able to upload the subcontractors license in the license tab but am unable to figure out how to generate the document to add to it.

Reasons for choosing SmartCompliance

This product was chosen by my boss to try to ease my load of my subcontractors compliance issues.

Reasons for switching to SmartCompliance

We are trying to find an easier, less complicated and less time consuming way to load and keep track of all of the subcontractors and their compliance.

Esty

Great Products

Great

Pros

Auto follow ups & ability to customize the program

Reasons for choosing SmartCompliance

Pricing & ability to customize the program to serve the needs of our clients

Rich

Industry: Oil & Energy

Average

Average at best.

Pros

The certificate compliance feature works well. The ability to customize the requirements is easy and a good feature. Once our admin got over the hurdle of learning the functionality of the software it's worked well for them.

Cons

We do not use the communication feature which sends emails to vendors letting them know their compliance status. It was to cumbersome for us and the vendor. We have had times when the software is not working properly, for example, two days ago I put in a help desk ticket and still do not have resolution. Because of this I'm unable to distribute summarized compliance reports.

Reasons for choosing SmartCompliance

We liked the ability to make changes to our requirements. We also thought the email feature to vendors was going to work for us. liked the overall appearance.

DARLENE

WIMCO LOVE'S SMARTCOMPLIANCE - IT TOOK THE DRUGERY OUT OF MANAGING DOCUMENTS

WONDERFUL. IT HAS BEEN A HUGE TIMESAVER FOR OUR ENTIRE TEAM. THE DRAG AND DROP FEATURE IS WONDERFUL AND THE OCR CAPABILITY IS 2ND TO NONE. THE SUPPORT TEAM IS BY FAR ONE OF THE MOST RESPONSIVE AND FRIENDLY GROUP OF PEOPLE I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH AND I HAVE BEEN IN THIS BUSINESS FOR ALMOST 45 YEARS. I HAVE YET TO COMMUNICATE WITH ANYONE THAT WASN'T A JOY TO TALK AND WORK WITH.

Pros

THE EASE OF USE, FUNCTIONALITY, CENTRALIZED DATABASE, CUSTOMIZATION CAPABILITIES, AND RESPONSIVENESS.

Cons

NOT BEING ABLE TO MARK 'DOCUMENTS' AS INCOMPLIANCE. WE REQUIRE SIGNED SUBCONTRACTS, INSURANCE CERTIFICATES, DISCLOSURE POLICIES, AND SOMETIMES A SALES TAX AFFIDAVIT BEFORE A COMPANY IS 100% IN COMPLIANCE ON A PROJECT. IF A COMPANY HAS ALL BUT THEIR SALES TAX AFFFIDAVIT, WE WOULD LOVE TO BE ABLE TO FLAG THE OTHERS AS INCOMPLIANCE AND REMOVE THEM FROM NOTIFICATIONS. EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE FLAGGED WITH A GREEN CHECKMARK, HAVING THEM ON THE LIST CONFUSES A LOT OF OUR SUBCONTRACTORS.

Reasons for choosing SmartCompliance

SMARTCOMPLIANCE WAS THE ONE GEARED TOWARDS THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY WITH PROJECT LEVEL DETAIL OPTIONS.

Megan

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

H&E daily usage

I feel like Smart Compliance is very useful and has given our insurance department a major organizational upgrade in the way we track, enter, and over all functionality of the department.

Pros

I like that the certificates can be centrally located and the ability to have real time accuracy on coverage. I can pull a report and enter the coverage listed into our companies system. It is a very simple format and user friendly.

Cons

The least favorite thing is that there are frequent errors on the software. The system is often down for a whole day to a week and a half, at minimum, three times a year. It creates a very heavy backlog when it is up an running again. That is my biggest complaint.

Alan

Industry: Wholesale

Vendor COI Management - Multi Entity

We had a unique experience in that we started an implementation project then had major department turnover that forced us to abandon the project for about 9 months. We did struggle with getting the project started again because our rep was simply not communicating with us. In the end, he apologized and did help us get the project restarted. Implementation was easy and they had good communication throughout the process. We've had a couple of post implementation issues arise and the support has been timely and helpful. Overall, it's a testament to the software that we didn't leave for another tool when our rep didn't communicate with us for 3 months.

Pros

I liked the package that it provided for us. The combination of features, price, usability, and scale fit well with our goals. We were very focused on managing vendor COIs, so automated e-mails, compliance reporting, and pricing that was based on the vendor count, versus a document count. With multiple entities we didn't want to balloon our costs because of having several COIs per entity per vendor.

Cons

The search features in the software are not ideal, along with no option to view all accounts in one screen. The UI is clean but not always user friendly or modern in its appearance.

Reasons for choosing SmartCompliance

It was due to the value that SmartCompliance provided. It had the features we need at a price point that supported our budget.

Brett

COI Software Evaluator

The staff has been excellent. They understand our unique situation and most IMPORTANTLY - LISTEN. They are problem solvers!

Pros

We were able to custom design the areas of analysis and evaluation. This is critical to our operations and our Risk Transfer Program. The results aid us and our members in obtaining proper Risk Transfers and know that the limits and other specifications are 100% correct.

Cons

It took a little longer than expected to get the software up and running. However, the time investment was well work the results.

Reasons for choosing SmartCompliance

Customization and the SmartCompliance Team. The cost was very competitive and was not a primary driver. We needed a solution. This solution has allowed us to increase our review capacity without sacrificing accuracy and adding to staff.

Michelle

Wonderful product

Pros

Cons

No real cons; always room for improvement, and improvement is always happening.

Reasons for choosing SmartCompliance

SmartCompliance does a better job of actually TRACKING expiration dates of insurance certs, licenses, etc. than other products.

Sierra

Great Daily Vendor Management Program

The system is great for day-to-day monitoring of hundred of vendors, where we have several different types of vendor classifications, in use by several different subsidiaries.

Pros

The features that allow vendors to upload their own documents, allow admin as well as subsidiaries access the site, and the ability to customize what each subsidiary is able to view and edit in the system.

Cons

The one issue we came across was the auto reading of certificates, some areas are very specific in how it needs to be entered in order for it to be recognized in the system. This required going back and manually editing either the information on the certificate or the requirement groups themselves.

Laila

Comments

I like it, but it has been challenging to get it set up correctly to use it to its fullest potential. We are the end user of the program in terms of it is for us but we are not the ones actually doing the review and processing of certs in SmartCompliance. We are still working on refining the process. I see the potential in the program and love it but I am not fully ingrained on the process side to understand and potentially guide in the way to possibly set up for efficient and effective processing.

Pros

I like the setup for our projects, ease of adding new companies and the visual display of compliance status.

Cons

I dislike the dashboards. I do not think they useful in telling us who we really need to address. Hard to read. Notices issued to subs are challenging for them to follow and understand the deficiencies. Some is do the them not reading it, others is all the boxes under the heading. We have been trying to get an export/import feature to work with our accounting system so that we can easily update our records. this has been in programming for several months.

Reasons for choosing SmartCompliance

Recommended by our insurance agent who is responsible for the daily review and processing of the insurance certificates.

Laurie

New to SmartCompliance

Pros

If it weren't for the introductory training I received, I wouldn't have been able to figure out how to operate SmartCompliance on my own by clicking around and looking at things. I still have a lot to learn and just submitted a list of questions to try and learn more. I'm sure there are a lot of features that are available, I just haven't been introduced to them yet nor have I discovered it on my own.

Cons

Of the few documents I've uploaded, the majority of them are not being read by the system and I have to manually enter the information. I'd say 80% of the documents fail. When the system is able to read the document it misreads the document and puts check marks in categories that aren't marked on the actual document. As a new user, I feel like it would be helpful if there would be a way to "highlight" the tab/category I'm currently operating in. When I received the training introduction I had trouble recalling the path that I needed to take to get to where I wanted to go and had to review the recording of the training and make notes so I can remember. I

MIRIAM

The use of smart compliance

overal smart compliance is good we wish it coudl be better and have our requests fulfilled.

Pros

We where really excited to get rolling with smart compliance as the other compliance system we've been using in the past was really not helpful in trying to make the system work for our benefit and we where told when we investigated in Smartcompliance that this system will do the trick!! so far smart compliance has come a long way from where we started. i hope to intergrate the other clients with smart very soon.

Cons

it takes way to long for any request to be filled. in addition smart compliance changed their email template for auto-notification and it is so awesomely awful its so confusing to the client to read and understand what we want from them hope they cchange it fast.

Nicole

Love it

Would reccomend to anyone that asked! I need this software in work life!

Pros

This has been a lifesaver for us. The ease to navigate through the system is pretty simple. The different reports it will generate is outstanding. I use SmartComplaince several times as day.

Cons

There are a couple of reports we could use that are not available

Reasons for switching to SmartCompliance

Smart Compliance offered better options to us.

Ashley

Industry: Maritime

SC Ports Authority Review

My overall experience with Smart Compliance has been positive. Everyone has been very responsive and the transition from my old system was very seamless.

Pros

I really like the ability to have automatic notifications and OCR capabilities.

Cons

There are some aspects that would be helpful such as the OCR sometimes has some trouble reading some COIs. Also the ability to create custom reports would be nice.

Reasons for choosing SmartCompliance

Smart Compliance provided all of the features we need with the price that we were comfortable with.

Reasons for switching to SmartCompliance

eRims did not do much updates to their system and the processes were very manual.

Kevin

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

A godsend

Pros

Takes the hassle out of maintaining insurance certificates for the tenants in my portfolio. In 2021, nobody has time for that, and this is a tech solution that has saved me so much time, improved compliance, and allowed me to focus on other areas. Can’t imagine being without it.

Cons

Can’t think of anything to put here. It’s great.

Heather

SmartCompliance

We recently upgraded from self service to full service and I am very happy with the customer service I am receiving.

Pros

The system is fairly easy to learn and use.

Cons

The reader is not always able to read certificates and the reporting and searching systems could be improved.

Reasons for choosing SmartCompliance

The full service option was a huge bonus.

DAWN