All Cleo Integration Cloud Reviews

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed December 2017

Cleo is one of the easiest products that I have worked with to install

The biggest issue we had prior to this software was the inability to provide both unzip and decrypting on ftp uploads with the same workflow. It required us to touch and move data multiple times intsead of doing it all in one process. Cleo solved this issue.

PROS

Cleo's support is top notch. I have yet to run into an issue where their team was unable to assist me in resolving the problem presented.

Christopher

Government Administration, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2017

We have been looking for a secure way to transfer large files and Cleo does exactly what we need!

The ability to share large files with external users as well as using the High Speed Protocol to sync folders with remote users to ensure data backups from a central location.

PROS

It says what it says it does. I like that once it is installed and configured it works. That seems pretty basic, but that is not always the case with new software. I also like that I have expandability. The features we are currently using are only a fraction of what we could be using, so down the road as we find use cases for Cleo to solve, we will already have the software installed and we will already be familiar with it.

CONS

There isn't much not to like. It solved the issue we were having with sending large files securely. If I was forced to come up with a con it would be that you do have to purchase a lot of functionality just to solve one problem. A more, al a carte pricing model, for our small organization, would have been a better fiscal fit.

Mary

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed September 2017

Support is awesome and very helpful

The dental transaction sets are complicated, therefore when the new transaction set (7030) comes out we are hoping for a big return on our investment

PROS

It does allow us to do what we need with the EDI transactions, also when the next transaction updates come it, it will lessen the work for use. The copy feature does help when setting up like trading partners.

CONS

It is a difficult product to get around when you are new to EEI. The Functions keys are not consistent. There are to many different places to get things set up correctly.

501-1,000 employees

Reviewed May 2018

Very solid product. Feature-rich and intuitive.

PROS

The clarify product is far above the competitors and offers many more features. I have evaluated many similar products and landed on Clarify because of the flexibility of the tool and the expansive feature set. The support and service from Cleo is also excellent. I would strongly recommend this product.

CONS

As a user of many versions of the product, the migration path between major revisions can be tedious. I can appreciate the need for this when there are major changes to the software, but to date that has been my only complaint with this software.

Sean

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed September 2017

Cleo Clarify is easy to use and flexible for our business processes.

EDI integration with hundreds of trading partners and very high volume of transaction processing.

PROS

Ability to quickly change from Test to Production servers. Ability to set up custom audit filters specific to our purposes. Integration with SVN repository for project management. Easy to deploy changes to projects.

CONS

Current cluster architecture is too touchy and dependent upon services (nodes) being started in the correct order. It takes close to 90 minutes from start to finish to properly bring the environment down and back up again (10 server cluster).

Mike

Dairy, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed September 2017

Our customer experience with Cleo's B2B software has been excellent.

Cleo software allows us to stay connected electronically to our customers.

PROS

Our company uses the Cleo / EXTOL EEI software which runs in the IBM i. What we like most about this software is it's reliability. EEI is feature rich and very functional. The support behind this product is phenomenal. We feel like Cleo Services and Support are extensions of our in house technical department ready and willing to help us solve any problem large or small. Thank you Cleo!

Skip

Reviewed October 2017

My experience in using Cleo for the company has been very rewarding. We've used Cleo for 12+ years.

PROS

VLTrader 's functionality has always been dependable and effective, making it easy to on-board new EDI trading partners. Monitoring activity is also made very easy, and it has useful and clear reporting.

CONS

My only concern with the tool has been its limited functionality with posting files across platform boundaries. i.e. Securely coping\appending files between windows and unix while maintaining the integrity of the original contents has been an ongoing desire.

Mo

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

One Satisfied Customers

We, at Oshawa Public Urtilitis, use VLTarder EDI to exchange very confidential meter data every day serveral times with government regulatory agency. It is very very important that data are being sent and received on time as per regulatory agency's rules and policy! Cleo VlTrader is so far doing a fantastic job in our end performing this business process. We will be the fail-over Vltrader server soon.

PROS

Reliability and effectiveness of this tools.

CONS

Could not find one!

Susan

Automotive, 201-500 employees

Reviewed January 2018

I have no issues with the software and support is excellent.

This product took the weight of having to watch EDI from 4 plants every day to only having to look at it when a plant calls. Saves a lot of time.

PROS

The software is easy to use. Once it is set up, the only reason to worry about it is if the system gets rebooted then you have to make sure you start it back up. Set-up is easy and if there are issues, support is there all the way!

Reviewed January 2018

Pretty reliable

PROS

Cleo EEI is reliable. It just works when it's properly configured. Support staff is generally well informed and trained.

CONS

Interface can be clunky. Reporting is lousy. Communication from the company can be poor. I usually come across product upgrades myself rather than through communications from the company

Juliann

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Good Effort!

Customer support has been very helpful and prompt with a same day callback. If they can't fix the issue right away, they are persistent with their efforts until the issue is fixed. I think that the ease of use could be improved with additional documentation on how to use the ruleset functions and some better documentation on using VLTrader.

PROS

The functionality. I am able to use information from a database to create other tables, flat files or xml files. Once I had a template to use as an example, I was able to automate the creation of a fixed width file within 3 days. This was a process that I thought would never be able to automate.

CONS

The log errors are often difficult to understand if you aren't familiar with java. VLTrader seemed so easy to use during training but parts of it seem not to be working correctly.

Donna

Logistics and Supply Chain

Good Customer Support

I have worked with the customer support department on numerous occasions and they patiently work to solve and explain the issue that I report

PROS

Verstaile product and we are able to use it with receiving data and sending data internally and externally.

CONS

Some of the errors are difficult to solve based on the information that is reported to you.

Andy

Used free trial

Reviewed January 2017

Powerful and reliable mapping tool.

I used EBI 2.6 for a few months last year before our company upgraded to Clarify 4, which I've been using for about 6 months now. I've been working with EDI for over 12 years and I've used three other translation/mapping tools. Clarify 4 seemed buggy and unstable shortly after implementation. But after working closely with Cleo support for the first couple months, the bugs were worked out and stability hasn't been an issue. The final instability issue we had was resolved when we moved our server backup time to a window when the Clarify cluster was down for maintenance. Prior to that, various nodes would go down on Sundays while server backups were taking place. The Clarify tool itself is very powerful. It connects easily to our database files (AS400) and transforms many different types of documents (EDI, XML, Spreadsheets, etc..). I gave it 3 stars for "ease of use" mainly because there are so many things you can do with the tool that it makes it challenging to learn everything quickly. Once you get familiar with everything, it becomes easier to use and easier to understand. Mapping with Clarify is fairly easy and intuitive. We've got around 75 trading partners active on Clarify and will be ramping up with more in the near future. Our company continues to gain confidence and is looking forward to future growth with Clarify!

Brett

Reviewed September 2017

Cleo has been extremely easy to work with and get configured.

PROS

The ease of use and high customizability. Cleo's Harmony product is very quick to learn, but I think could take a while to master. It isn't hard to get up and running. Once you use the product you understand the depth that is contains and the flexibility that is there at your fingertips. Truly a product that you can build your B2B infrastructure around.

CONS

It is changing and improving so fast! It's hardly a con, but I'd say that Cleo is quickly adding new features and functionality to their products. And it's hard to keep on top of them and adopt them. By the time we got things implemented in production, there were new features being released that I wished we had taken advantage of.

Glenn

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 501-1,000 employees

Cleo VlTrader Review

VLTrader makes it fast and easy to setup new trading partners. I have had trading partners tell me how quick the communication part of the setup went. The alert process let me know when something is going wrong and I can get with our trading partner to get it resolved quickly.

Stephen

Used free trial

CLEO Lexicom V.5.2.0.3

I have been using the product above for 3 years now on a Windows Server 2008 R2 OS. It has been very stable and given me few problems. I was mostly self taught on the product and thus I'd consider it user friendly. The only complaint I've ever had is with generating logging on the communications for a given host over a specific period of time. I haven't had great success no matter what parameters I use to generate it. I mentioned this to one of your Sales Reps a few mo's ago and she admitted others have had this same complaint. Other than that I love the product and your support staff which is knowledgeable by experience, compared to other software support which goes to India and you get a "computer rep", meaning they don't know the product and search their db for answers. Thanks.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Easy of Use

PROS

I enjoy the UX of the CIC it is very configurable and easy to use even to some members who are less technical.

CONS

No current SLA views in the CIC , I believe this is on Cleo roadmap though!

Reasons for switching to Cleo Integration Cloud