Process Shipper Software Reviews

Process Shipper Software Reviews

Find out more:

FrontRunners 2021

Find out more:

• icon"And it is nice to ship internationally and have the paperwork printed - that was a great time saver."
  • icon"Integration with UPS and Fedex works well. And the ability to important mass quantities of drop shipments and have them show up in pace is great."
  • icon"I like the fact it connects with pace and I can do 90% of my shipping in one place. The customer service reps I’ve worked with are phenomenal."
  • icon"The only problem we really have with the software is a batch related issue were we can not assign a different international bill too person."
  • icon"Since it is all web based we cannot make any edits to a shipment, if something is wrong or missed you have to delete the entire shipment and start over."
  • icon"Inability to prevent a shipment from shipping when an order does not have a Job Number. Also inability to move shipments from one job to another if a wrong job number is supplied."

Browse all Process Shipper Reviews

• Have you used Process Shipper and would like to share your experience with others?

Ryan

Industry: Printing

Overall its been good and helped our business our tremendously and saves money with the address correction process so you don't get charged for address corrections and reshipping of items

Pros

It has a lot of functionality and eases the day to day operation of shipping and batch shipping.

Cons

There is not enough customer support and documentation. Basic Training was done for users, but isn't tailored for company uses. There a lot of features we could use more, but don't have the resources to apply them. Also when batch importing and there is an error, it doesn't always tell you what the error exactly is.

Reasons for choosing Process Shipper

Merged with Monarch and eas of use.

Amie

Process Shipper was the solution

Pros

The software make it very convenient to ship with all the platforms we were already using. You no longer have to use several different software's to perform the same function. Process Shipper also integrates with our ERP system and makes it easy for getting information to our customers in real time.

Cons

The integration to our ERP system has had some hiccups and we are still trying to master these issues.

Reasons for choosing Process Shipper

This is the one that would integrate with our current system most effectively and it is also owned by the same company... One stop shop.

shawn

Process Shipper

For the most part it works and I try to have all of our shipments use it as it is simpler to mange one interface but I have had to bring back in UPS worldship and FedEx ship manager now for other services that Process Shipper does not support.

Pros

Multi Carrier integration did most of what we needed at the time of Purchase and it intergrated wtih Monarch and we were able to create the Order selector that is now used in the product by default as this makes the most sense but our terminology with color coding appears to still be in the code.....

Cons

The software has not kept up with carrier integrations from either UPS or FedEx the interface is dated and basic things are missing. Not enough updates through out the year to make the software better compared to some other software we use for our ware house management system they are constanlty making updates and improving the UI. Unable to customize packing lists based on customer, Unable to customize email or the subject line of the emails these are basic things today from other companies. Shipping software is now being advertised on TV with more features and I am being asked why are we suing this outdated software. I have a list of things that we would like to have done. Other software packages on the market are way ahead in features and functionality. Like using custom UPS or FedEx labels that might have additional information on them.

Reasons for switching to Process Shipper

Developer was leaving and the software was getting old.

Shelly

ProcessShipper Support needs Improvement

The product as a whole is good. With integration back to MIS we save time in capturing costs. Support needs improved--see above.

Pros

I like that ProcessShipper is integrated to MIS and with small package carriers. Our previous software required annual updates of small page rates. We did not get to the volume discounts flow into our cost system.

Cons

The lack of full integration is frustrating. With the MIS and ProcessShipper there is so much redundant building. The support for ProcessShipper is not good and seems to be getting worse. EFI has made improvements in getting their Monarch support teamed trained somewhat in ProccessShipper and the integration. It seems when they have to get the ProcessShipper development team involved the support stalls. I actually have a ticket that has been open since February of 2018. After numerous webexes, delays and lack of results, my team dug into it and discovered that there is problem with the a multiplier in the ProcessShipper code. Even after finding the issue, I cannot get this fixed. We have a second issue where XMLS are not generated. This has been ongoing for a long time. With no feedback from EFI other than, no the XML isn't created and we don't know why, I believe my team is on to a reason. We are still investigating. It seems we pay a lot of money for support to have to dig ourselves for the root cause of software shortfalls.

Reasons for choosing Process Shipper

ProcessShipper was "integrated" with my MIS. At the time I purchased ProcessShipper the UI was much better than ClipperShip.

Reasons for switching to Process Shipper

ProcessShipper was "integrated" with my MIS.

Jeff

Industry: Publishing

Works with Sage 300

Our overall experience with has been relatively good. Technical response time is getting better and they are addressing more of our issues with certain types of shipments. You may have to follow up a few times to get an issue addressed, but the product has mostly allowed us to ship in the ways we needed to.

Pros

It is very nice to have one software product to use to ship daily for packages - whether shipping USPS, FedEx, or UPS. And it is nice to ship internationally and have the paperwork printed - that was a great time saver. It is also very nice to be able to set up how you want to pass along the shipping costs to your customers - either at listed rates, or at your discounted cost, or at some other determined calculation.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to pass along the selling cost of shipping and the actual cost of shipping back to Sage 300 for storage with each order. It would also be nice to know how many packages per order were sent out - with all the tracking numbers (yes, it is usually possible to see the other packages once you have the master tracking number - well except for USPS). Support documentation is old and not too detailed and it is also not easy to access.

Reasons for switching to Process Shipper

The product did not perform as we were told and the support staff was horrible - we do not recommend even trying Freight Plus we had such a horrible experience and they kept our annual support fee after only 2 months of the year.

Tim

Process shipper

Pros

process shipper provides effective intergration with federal express and ups

Cons

Packing slips and BOL is not customizable and using the Pace version with process shipper is a bit clumsy

EFI Pace discontinued support and forced Process Shipper as its replacement

Brent

Brent's Process Shipper Review

This has improved our process of shipping UPS small package. The freight shipments are now more difficult overall to process as noted above in the cons. There are a few positives with the freight such as the billing, but the negatives outweigh the positives.

Pros

The ability to select multiple jobs for a shipment from the Order Selector screen. The tie-in with UPS for small package shipments saves time processing. There is a lot of data available in the report section. The billing for the freight shipments is faster for us because the shipping cost are included right on the BOL screen.

Cons

Since it is all web based we cannot make any edits to a shipment, if something is wrong or missed you have to delete the entire shipment and start over. Being web based also makes it impossible to work on building a shipment, saving it and coming back to it - this would be helpful in staying ahead on work. Once you make job selections for a shipment you cannot add or remove any jobs. The set up screens in the Administration area are difficult to navigate to find what you need whenever any changes are necessary in the programming. The "J" number is used on the BOL screen to set up the packing and not the job number, this makes it very confusing knowing which job we are working on. The BOL combines papercover and hardcover jobs into one item. There is no report available to see the cost and the sell price of the shipments so we cannot be sure the mark up is being applied correctly.

Reasons for switching to Process Shipper

We had to when making the switch from our AS400 system to EFI.

Jeffrey

Speed has been difficult

Still too early to tell. Just need to get the speed figured out

Pros

Integration with EFI Printsmith Fasttrack

Cons

The speed to process a shipment can exceed 3 minutes

Integration

Integration

Leslie

Process Shipper

We had a few months last year that the email option was not working. Very painful. But once we figured out the problem, we corrected the issue. Made me realize how important it was to me.

Pros

I love that fact that it will email when a shipment is processed. I can choose myself, if I just want to know when something is headed to a vendor or something. Or I can choose the customer, so they won't bother me for tracking. I like that if I choose I can enter any given address one time and the system will save it. Then if I ship there again, I do not have to type it all out again.

Cons

I don't like the fact that I have to put a shipment in before I find out that the customer is on credit hold. I wish there was an alert that says "credit hold" before I type in an entire address.

Process Shipper Review

We use Process Shipper because it integrates with Foundation.

Pros

I liked the fact that it tied into our existing EFI programs.

Cons

The program is very buggy and slow. The interface is very tired and not intuitive. The batch import is nothing short of a pain to use for laymen users and even experienced users have to re-format files several times to get them to pass. Whenever I get new versions I feel like I'm beta testing new software.

Reasons for choosing Process Shipper

The other software options did not integrate with Foundation. Previously we were using vendor specific software like Worldship and Fed Ex Ship Manager and had to manually post the costs and mark shipments as shipped and track the shipment progress manually.

Process Shipper Adds Real Value

Pros

The flexibility of the software is very good. Instead of having to deal with individual shipping software and packages for different shipping vendors, we are able to have one standard package that not only benefits us from having a "common interface" as it pertains to user training, but also fully integrates with our MIS (PACE) so we're able to utilize multiple departments helping in submitting shipments and receiving feedback on their jobs via the MIS and lessen the burden of our shipping personnel.

Cons

I think one of the worst features is the setting up of scales in the system. Since scales are connected via USB along with a host of other USB devices which are connected to the same workstation, it becomes a "hunt'n peck" method for trying to isolate which device belongs to the scale in the Windows OS. You can waste an exorbitant amount of time trying to find the scale if for example, you have a half dozen or more peripherals connected via USB.

Jacques

Process Shipper Review

Beneficial to the company in trying to get cost associated with a job. But a vast majority of all shipments have changes applied to the cost for all types of reasons. How much better of a product would it be if we could download electronic billings and the system update pricing based on tracking numbers in the system

Pros

The integration of shipping with Pace, as well as the ease of setting up customer shipments, especially when an order comes from the Digital Store Front

Cons

Inability to prevent a shipment from shipping when an order does not have a Job Number. Also inability to move shipments from one job to another if a wrong job number is supplied. Additionally that a database of jobs is not kept so that when an order is entered with either an incorrect job number or no job number that we could not go in at a latter time and fix and push that data to Pace on the correct job number Bugs like not being able to ship with overs, ie job calls for 1000 pieces but we actually ship 1015. A negative 15 comes up and now you cannot ship other items on the job

Intepgration with Pace

Eric

ProcessShipper

Overall our experience has been positive.

Pros

ProcessShipper gives us a single screen to unify all of our shipping options from parcel to LTL. Plenty of options available to fit your companies specific needs.

Cons

The software isn't very intuitive to use and doesn't feel like a unified system. Features that have been added come across as "patched-in" and not designed consistently with many of their other components. Updating the software is still a manual process.

Reasons for choosing Process Shipper

It offered a way for our shipping department to quickly grab shipment data from Pace. Streamlining the shipping process was key and no other product hooked into Pace like ProcessShipper.

Joe

Industry: Printing

Does the job, but is lacking modernization and a friendly UI

It's been okay. I wish it were better and more modern, but it is doing the job needed at the moment.

Pros

That for the most part it works like it should. Integration with UPS and Fedex works well. And the ability to important mass quantities of drop shipments and have them show up in pace is great.

Cons

Some features need to be more controllable, i.e. if you modify an address do not make a new shipment in pace, just modify the existing shipment). The lag is awful. It is even worse on the first load of the day. And the UI is atrocious. Considering Pace has been given some love in the UI department, it seems process shipper has been left in the stone age.

william

Industry: Printing

Process shipper is that good

Pros

what we like the most about process shipper is the combination of different shipping carriers into one easy to use software. this gives us a uniform interface that makes training new shippers very easy. Adding new carrier accounts is also very easy to do. we also use ePace and process shipper integrated with it very easily.

Cons

the only problem we really have with the software is a batch related issue were we can not assign a different international bill too person.

Reasons for switching to Process Shipper

we switched for the ability to use one software and its integration capabilities with ePace

Donnie

Shipping Software

It was an easy setup and deployment and didn't require a lot of training. The support tech [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is very friendly and easy to work with and can answer any question.

Pros

Ability to write back to Pace with shipping charges and tracking. Planned shipments entered in Pace are easily pulled up and shipped using the shipment number.

Cons

If shipping to a residential address you must put in a company name in order to process the shipment. I wish uploading a database of split ship addresses and didn't require them to be imported into Pace.

Joe

Graphtech

Pros

Cons

The amount of waiting every time I click something. The fact when I click the enter key it overwrites everything I added and restores the shipment to what it was from pace. I can’t organize my box types. I can’t name my ship via codes what I want, they have to match the four digits in pace. Adding ups surepost would be helpful. An updated manual that isn’t from 2017 would be great too.

Industry: Oil & Energy