Browse Emburse Cards Reviews

Dennis from Convert.com

Everyone has a card!

Pretty good, some issues in the part with reissuing cards (always a pain to ship a couple of dozen around the world again) but just happened once so far.

Pros

We have implemented Emburse for all our remote team (aka everyone) that works with us. Each person gets a card shipped with budgets to spend on perks ($500 in Convert's case) and that makes everything run smooth. Then we run almost all budgets through the virtual cards making it easier to decentralize spending on anything. Decentralize is the way to go for us since we run on Holacracy and are all remote.

Cons

Feel it's still missing a direct connection with Xero that could be a big plus. A way to ship a card directly to anywhere in the world (now only US) would save us a logistical step.

Reasons for Choosing Emburse Cards

The chip works at more locations in the world then the Brex technology allowing our team to use it at more locations.

Keith from Mystery

Emburse dramatically simplified expenses. My team loves it!

Pros

Emburse makes it incredibly easy to issue expense cards to new employees and ensure that everyone reports back on all the key things you need to close your books. It took an annoying process of internal nagging to get the books closed, to a streamlined automated text message each time someone purchased. It’s amazing.

Cons

There is nothing significant that I dislike about the product. One quirk is that you’re using pre-paid cards rather than true credit cards, so you have to keep re-upping your balance. But this is automated so it’s not a big deal.

Reasons for Choosing Emburse Cards

Much more complete in it’s ability to map our internal workflow to the system. Also, Emburse support was far superior and responsive.

Sarah from Housecall Pro

Servers Down Constantly Lead to Failures in Purchases

It's a free program, you get what you pay for.

Pros

It's become a little more user friendly with drop down menus that you can search in and the ability to add additional attachments.

Cons

The website has been so slow as of late. It takes a few minutes for it to boot up and for me to be able to search for a transaction. It is so inconvenient. The servers have also had issues lately that cause recurring purchases to fail and cause serious issues with our vendors.

Response from Emburse

Replied August 2019

Hi Sarah, We are sorry to hear about your experience. We were recently performing some server cleanup which is why the transaction page was slow but have since finished. And as of last month, we added a new fix for managing any failed purchases! You shouldn't see anymore going forward. Just wanted to add that we aren't a free platform, but because of our relationship with Housecall Pro, we decided to waive the monthly fee a long time ago. If you have any questions or if there's anything we can do for you to make Emburse a better fit for you, please reach out and we'll make it happen! Regards, Chris

Sara from Brand Activate

Emburse Works Great for Various Programs.

We use emburse to fund our contractors on marketing programs. I have had nothing but positive experiences.

Pros

We love the ease of the Emburse. It is great to use with contracted employees.

Cons

I have had no issues with Emburse.

Reasons for Choosing Emburse Cards

Emburse provides the coverage that we need as a company who hired contractors on various programs.

Reasons for Switching to Emburse Cards

We needed to have a company that would cover all of our programs. PEX did not . do that.

Amber from Finoric, LLC

Industry: Chemicals

Easy To Use

Our company has between 10-15 American express cards which are being pit on a spreadsheet for monthly allocation and review so we have eased out if using those cards so much as well as completely getting away from using Comdata.

Pros

The fact that you can have unlimited cards both virtual and plastic.

Cons

I was under the impression that it could be used as an ATM debit card and it cant be.

Reasons for Choosing Emburse Cards

More user and price friendly.

Reasons for Switching to Emburse Cards

Comdata's website and funding of cards is too difficult for multiple people to use and understand. Needed more user friendly program.

Bethany from Launch That LLC

Would reccommend overall!

Overall, we have mostly satisfied the need for purchase request, spending flexibility, and tracking of each employees spend.

Pros

The feature that I like most about this software is that I am able to adjust spending ablilities easily whenever needed, even if the employee is out of town.

Cons

Unfortuneately there can only be one "rule" applied. So if you have that rule set, there isnt a clear option for another rule or additonal funds.

Reasons for Switching to Emburse Cards

There wasn't enough features for what we needed at the time.

Aaron from Taab

Emburse Review

The Emburse journey has been excellent the whole way through and customer support has stood out as a major strength the entire way. From development support during integration to operational support once you are live, the team at Emburse has always been fast to respond and incredibly informative and helpful. Can't say enough about their support.

Pros

The ability to leverage both an easy to administer Dashboard along with a rich set of APIs fit our use case perfectly. It allowed us to quickly launch and integrate our integration while making use of the Dashboard to augment any intermediate needs we had while developing our software.

Cons

We are eagerly awaiting consumer spending support through Emburse.

Reasons for Choosing Emburse Cards

Ultimately the ease of use, quality of the integration and the high level of customer support sealed the deal for us. Using Emburse has been a game-changer for us in allowing our product to reach the market quickly while still maintaining the highest levels of quality and security for payment processing.

Bhakti from Brand Activate, LLC

Love the debit feature

We are very pleased with Emburse. The support has been responsive -- although we have not needed much support because everything works well and is easy to understand. We have very intention of utilizing Emburse as often as we can. We are a marketing and branding company with specialty in the spirits industry and in field marketing. Our usage is based on Client programs that we create and execute.

Pros

Easy to use. Because of the replenishment feature, we can always keep a set amount of available funds for our non-employee marketing reps. No concerns about excessive numbers of conventional corporate credit cards being used. Reconciliation is easy with the month end statement.

Cons

I really do not have any cons to share. Our Account Manager and Field Director are both very happy with Emburse. Our Account Manager was the one pushing for Emburse and I think it was and is a good decision.

Great product for expense management

great company and great product

Pros

new features including physical cards, apple pay integration, and new settings for controlling spend.

Cons

learning curve took slight time to figure out.

Reasons for Choosing Emburse Cards

prefer prepaid design over post paid

Nicholas from Cultural Care, Inc.

Really good platform

Pros

We LOVE the control that Emburse gives to us with respect to spending on the cards. We love that we can set limits, restrictions and monitor the spending on our cards. We also really love the ability to have an electronic card vs. a physical card.

Cons

We were told that it would sync with our current platform, Expensify but it does not and they were not able to give any real viable solutions

David from Downtown Cornerstone Church

One of the best credit card solutions on the market

Pros

We’ve done everything from trying corporate cards to using expense software solutions, but Emburse combines the best of both worlds. Our employees love it over monthly reporting and we’re saving a lot of time on everything from expense controls to expense reports and accounting.

Cons

Still is a young product and would love to see some more robust features that some of the bigger expense solutions have (ie. better receipt emailing options, native QBO support without using plugin, etc), but overall a solid product.

Matt from Meeting Protocol

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Great Expense Management Tool

This does exactly what we need it to do for a very reasonable cost. Far easier to get setup and running than their competitors.

Pros

API is excellent and easy to get up and running with.

Cons

Transparency about what fees we would be charged and how the service would be changed was pretty low at certain points. More advance notice would be great.

Reasons for Switching to Emburse Cards

API was lightyears beyond the competition.

Andy from inDinero

Great customer support and gets the job done

Overall experience is definitely positive. I recommend Emburse. Since issuing department specific Emburse cards, accounting has been way easier and I don't have to deal with purchase orders everyday. Setting up on Emburse was super easy. Our account was approved and cards issued within two hours. Great support team as well. The rep was especially helpful in helping me with disputes and my missing card.

Pros

Simple to use. Intuitive UI. Never had an issue with my cards. I love that I can limit cards by categories. Other cards may be able to do it, but it's much easier with Emburse and I can do it myself. Keeps accounting easy and happy.

Cons

When we started with Emburse they were debit only and I didn't like having to leave a bunch of cash in their accounts. Now that they support credit cards, that's gone away.

Roger from Human Interest

Easy way to manage employee expenses

Pros

Really easy to create new virtual or physical cards, manage controls/limits, and track down receipts. Very responsive and helpful support. Overall Emburse has allowed us to feel comfortable issuing cards to key employees that regularly spend on the company's behalf.

Cons

Need to pre-fund the debit cards

Nicholas from Key Investment Group LLC.

Emburse

Pros

I really like the user interface. It is very easy to navigate and find what I am looking for.

Cons

I am the Administrator for three lines of of Emburse Cards. I need to look at each account individually to get the information. I would be nice to have a dashboard that gives me the balances for all accounts from one screen.

Sanya from Bungalow Living

Emburse isn't perfect (yet), but their Customer Support is!

I have really enjoyed working with the team to create the most optimal system using Emburse and I'm excited to continue to grow with them! With their hardworking, dedicated and smart team, I think they'll get very close to just what we need!

Pros

I love how easy the software is to use. Its probably the best one out there for accounting purposes. My favorite part, however, is definitely the customer service. Every time I have a question, they are on top of it! Credit cards are not easy for any company to implement. Accounting hates credit cards because there is absolutely no tracking of transactions! Emburse makes it a lot easier to want to implement credit cards and I appreciate it!

Cons

I think the software requires a fair amount of customization in order to the most out of it. Some of their features still need work, but Emburse is still being built out and they are always open to suggestions/feedback which goes a long way.

Reasons for Choosing Emburse Cards

Friendly and most effective integration with accounting software

QUINNLI from Sudden Coffee

Solid Product Coming from an Everyday User at a Small Food Tech Startup

Positive - it does lack a lot that a traditional business card would, but I guess it serves a different purpose? Or maybe you're getting there

Pros

Super easy to use and update Strong permissions built around who can spend when, where, etc. Categories feature is really helpful

Cons

You don't get any rewards or currency for using this vs other business cards Similarly, there's no purchase protection as there would be with business cards

Melissa from Papp Iron Works, Inc.

Emburse

Before we started with Emburse we were getting receipts from every field worker and that added up to a lot of extra hours sorting and tagging to jobs and then having to cut a weekly check. After using Emburse, we've cut down so much time in the office by having the guys just upload a picture of their receipt and tag it to a job. They aren't putting cash out of their pockets and having to wait a few weeks for reimbursement. It's all done in one shot!

Pros

The software is very easy to navigate through.

Cons

So far, I have not found anything I do not like about it.

Reasons for Choosing Emburse Cards

We chose Emburse for the ease of the software for the admin and field workers.

Kyle from Suiteness

Instant infinite virtual cards

Pros

No limit on the number of virtual cards allowed. Excellent customer service.

Cons

The Quickbooks integration could be a little bit better, it is a minor issue.

Gerald from SmartBiz Loans

Best decision to implement Emburse

Best decision ever to implement Emburse into our accounting procedures. Wish I had known about this sooner!

Pros

I love how easy the user interface is. It does what you want, when you want, and then more. It’s a 5/5 on all accounts.

Cons

If I had one “complaint” it would be that I didn’t discover this sooner.

Reasons for Choosing Emburse Cards

Great customer service/sales team, lower price than competitors, and reading great reviews from current users online helped us make our decision.

Beverly from Novi Consultants

Application Rejected with No Explanation

On their website, it does not say anything about how long your business has to be active to be approved. It also does not say anything about your business needing good credit or any credit at all. It doesn't say the minimum number of employees, or how much revenue you need to have in order to get approved. My company was just started last year but it's growing fast. I was looking for software to help me make cards for new agents who have certification class expenses to pay in order to get started. On average I hire about 10 people a month, each new hire needing anywhere between $10 - $200 dollars. You do the math. This company lost out on thousands of dollars by rejecting my application. It doesn't make sense. My company is new, no credit history at all, but our revenue projections are very very high. If I could have at least gotten an explanation as to why they denied my application, then I would have an opportunity to apply again in the future, but they do not tell you why at all. I gave sensitive documents to this company, and the way that this happened makes me feel that this may be a scam. I've never heard of a legitimate company that doesn't even offer any requirements for approval. Even if they don't offer an explanation for denial there are usually requirements for approval. If my business mysteriously becomes compromised I will know exactly who caused it.

Pros

I tried the trial. It was easy to use...

Cons

I did not get to use the real thing.....

Adam from Porch.com

Great Solution - Fantastic Customer Service

Pros

Ease of use of the product for myself as the administrator and users. Reporting capabilities were great. Speed of deployment was quick and customer service repose time was also very good.

Cons

The software worked just as expected, I can't think of anything we didn't like.

Jose from indinero

Convenient for SME's

Pros

- Ease of use - Secure - Great support - Fast turn around times

Cons

- It did not have accounting software integration.

Unexpectedly disabled account

They didn't ask for any company information when setting up our account. This was different from other competitors we tested at the same time/after who collected company documents, bank statements and did a full credit check to make sure they were comfortable working together. Emburse seems to want to rush you into a trial and then do a check, and just kick you out if you don't pass. They don't communicate what they are checking, what fell short, or ask for anything from you. The setup process seemed too good/easy to be true and it was. It seems Emburse wants to get people in the door and sort 'em out later. They show zero consideration for small businesses. We are very happily and smoothly working with a competitor now who did their due diligence at the start instead of just making black box decisions after you think you are already set with the solution.

Pros

The pricing model and ease of use drew us to Emburse. I had a friendly rep who did the demo and gave me a sign up link, and the interface looked good and intuitive. I was able to easily pre-fund my account. When they closed our account unexpectedly, they did refund our payment quickly.

Cons

We were only able to spend a few dollars before our account was unexpectedly closed. We found this out when a transaction declined and then we were unable to log in, and reached out to a rep. No communication, even an automated email, informed us.

Ed from Prospect Arts

Industry: Broadcast Media

Great value and support

Allows employees to manage business expenses with little overhead and administration

Pros

Easy to use and set up required information from staff. Support has been very responsive when I have issues.

Cons

Reporting function not as strong as it could be (does not export)

Michael from The Hack Foundation

Reliable Service, Professional Team

Pros

Convenient, easy to use. The support team is incredibly responsive and helpful in resolving time sensitive situations.

Cons

No major complaints, the support team usually does whatever they can to resolve any issues!

zachary from Elevant Legal

Emburse Review

Pros

Ease of use. Ability to integrate API's.

Cons

Need to capture more information from merchants where cards are used. Fraudulent transactions are hard to chase down due to the limited information provided by the merchants. We have had a couple fraudulent transactions that we could not pursue legally due to the lack of merchant info provided.

Vicky from Redeemer Church

Emburse is GREAT

It has been great! We were using a traditional credit card that had to be attached to an individual person which was then attached to their personal credit. I love that it is easy to cancel or add cards as new people come in.

Pros

I love the ease of adding people and seeing all the transactions being made and making limits for employees and requiring them to input categories, receipts and notes.

Cons

I would like to be able to sort the transactions by "pending" so I can see what is still outstanding. I would love for the software to integrate with QuickBooks for desktop.

Reasons for Choosing Emburse Cards

Our lead pastor was giving an Emburse card from our Regional Acts29 to use. I looked into it and switched over.

Chandra from Acts 29 Network

works great

Pros

The ease of use, the ease of giving cards to employees and the ease of changing amount.

Cons

I wish there were more reminders that specific tasks haven't been done before freezing the card. I know this is a tough one! Like "Warning, warning, your card is going to be shut down unless you do 1. 2. 3."

accountant recommended it

Jennifer from Song Technologies

Excellent service, affordable

We love emburse. It’s allowed us to much more flexibility in our business

Pros

How easy it is to create customized cards

Cons

Funding delays over the weekend/bank holiday

Sebastian from Song Technologies

Great Product & Technology

Pros

The ease of use and ability to create purchasing cards

Cons

Account can sometimes be fickle, especially if there is a lot of purchase history

David from Paytient

Top Notch

Only reason my score was 5/Neutral is because of the acquisition. I'm not sure what impact that will have yet.

Pros

API is reliable, web app is easy to use, and customer support is always quick to respond and helpful.

Cons

The limit of MCC codes when enforcing purchase restrictions.

Marlee from SmartBiz Loans

Amazing Product

We now can closely monitor our expenses and have virtually eliminated fraud from our accounts

Pros

Emburse is so easy to use! And their auto notifications help us manage our expenses and payments amount

Cons

I cannot think of any cons! Everything that Emburse told us is true.

Leilani from Lunar

Exceptional Customer Service

So far so good, still working out a set up that works best for us but the support for the customer service team certainly makes things easier.

Pros

Very user friendly on the purchaser's side. The customer service team has been absolutely amazing as well.

Cons

Some flexibility that might be available but I just don't realize it. I.E. Wish we could let the purchaser choose which bucket a purchase should come out of when there are 2+ rules, that I could play around as an admin with setting up teams/rules etc without it emailing users, 3+ months long rules with roll over.

Reasons for Choosing Emburse Cards

We trialed Emburse at the same time as another product. Exceptional customer service and a user friendly site swayed our decisions.

Reasons for Switching to Emburse Cards

Other product was not user friendly and contacting their support team was difficult and rarely ended with a permanent solution.

Claire from Manufacturing

Emburse review

Pros

I can audit easily what people are purchasing

Cons

getting people to actually upload receipts

Frank from Bitwage

Great Idea, but site is a bit hard to navigate

Pros

Virtual credit cards are just a great idea and so useful. Also giving people somewhere to upload receipts makes things so simple.

Cons

the transactions are a bit jumbled and their statuses are confusing to read at a glance, on the admin side. Switching between companies is not easy either.

Matthew from Scribe Media LLC

Industry: Publishing

Emburse is an excellent fin tech solution for small and large businesses

We're able to generate multiple virtual credit cards which helps with protecting our payment info while making purchases online.

Pros

- User interface (extremely fast, simple to use) - Flexibility. All kinds of options to select, including daily limits and personal reimbursements. - Helpful customer support - Increased security

Cons

- Prefunding (though we realize this is necessary)

Johannes from WeTravel

Easy way to get started with virtual cards

Pros

Everything built out Easy implementation Fantastic and responsive customer support

Cons

Only limited availability over the API (minor detail)

Stephanie from Metal Supply LLC

Very Impressed

Budgets for fuel and field expenses.

Pros

The control with each card at any time.

Cons

The customer service. Few of my questions did not get answered.

Andrew from Airfordable

A solid product

Pros

Works as advertised, API is simple to program against and responsive; generally easy to understand

Cons

UI has been a bit of a work in progress and can be tricky from time to time (think multiple accounts).

Kellen from Bungalow Living, Inc.

Great API, great customer service

We use the API to pull a certain category of expenses into our data warehouse.

Pros

The API is great, and customer service was helpful and responsive

Cons

It doesn't make toast or do your homework.