All Finale Inventory Reviews

Steve

Reviewed August 2016

Chocoley Loves Finale

I just wanted to drop you a quick note to tell you how pleased Chocoley is with using Finale as our inventory management system. Having been on the Finale system for the past year, we have been able to easily integrate our website, Chocoley.com, Shipstation, QuickBooks and Amazon.com for a seamless and accurate management of our inventory across all marketing & sales channels. Prior to using Finale, we were completely in the weeds and had nothing but problems managing our inventory. The idea of selling in different channels was a pipedream and thanks to Finale, it's not just a desire, but reality. If anyone is thinking about utilizing Finale, they should move forward, as it is the right decision. No costly software to buy and the customer support has truly been unbelievable... I am always amazed at how much time and energy you guys have provided in answering questions or helping new employees get indoctrinated into using the system... always with a great attitude and willingness to help and never making us feel like we're taking too much time...and not charging a dime for that added benefit is HUGE!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for providing a great product and awesome service at such a reasonable price. I can't imagine using anyone other than Finale for our inventory management system.

Dayle

Program Development, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Great product, but sometimes not reliable.

Overall the inventory system is great! It accomplished everything we needed it for and more.

PROS

Finale Inventory has a very simple import tool. You simply copy data from an excel spreadsheet and paste them into the inventory system through you web browser as the inventory is cloud-based. Finale takes care of the rest. This truly intuitive copy/paste import method saves time, and having the ability to edit products in your catalog editing your catalog makes it struggle free. Generating Purchase Orders (PO) is pretty automated. Our team was able to jump straight in an create PO's in no time at all as it is streamlined and self explanatory. You can have unlimited users that can be added to your team. There are a huge amount of integration possibilities. So whether you are integrating with WooCommerce on a Wordpress CMS, or integrating with ShipStation, Final Inventory has you covered.

CONS

The system is sometimes a little glitchy. The Finale team do promise to iron some of these out in the near future, but right now they still remain. Their team rarely apologies if the system hasn't been working as it should, and never admit fault.

Reason for choosing Finale Inventory

The price range was more in our budget, and I believe after trying out a demo of all three products, Finale Inventory seemed the easiest to use and learn.

Richard

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Customer support was completely absent

It seemed a good way of getting integration between other software that don't integrate themselves but the support is so bad it would be better just to go straight to the APIs of each of the software and write an integration yourself.

PROS

Throw into the bargain that integration with Prestashop does not work straight out of the box and that none of the support staff could be bothered and I'd find it very hard to continue with this trial.

CONS

No support, couldn't get it to talk to prestashop

Reason for choosing Finale Inventory

I havn't chosen it yet, and it doesn't look like I'm going to. Also the reviews look a little non-kosher, whenever I see 5 star and 1 star reviews only I tend to take the 1 star review as the genuine one.

Karen

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Finale Is Great

I have to say the people at Finale are wonderful to deal with. We have had to have numerous calls and they are always so helpful.

PROS

We have a lot of product assembly kit items and finale allows you to create those and have the pieces taken out of inventory when the kit is sold. It is hard to find a good kitting inventory software.

CONS

We had to convert our cases to pieces to make this software work with the multiple locations. It is very hard for us to get use to this.

Reason for choosing Finale Inventory

Mainly because they could do it all and were cheaper than Cin7. They are United States based so that for us was a big plus too as we wanted to be able to contact someone during business hours should we have a problem.

Reasons for switching to Finale Inventory

Inflow was not able to communicate with the multiple selling channels.

Kristin

Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Hairbrella x Finale

I've had an awesome experience with Finale so far. We plan to grow and they assured us they'd grow with us.

PROS

The setup process was very straight forward. Setting up your inventory system can be very tedious but it's very important that it is done correctly. Finale can be fully customized for any type of business.

CONS

I wouldn't change anything at all. Finale can be pretty complex to a new user so I would suggest teaming up with support. They're very friendly and can help you become a Finale pro in no time.

Reason for choosing Finale Inventory

The reviews were amazing and the onboarding team sealed the deal with their excellent customer service. They went over and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed to succeed.

Consumer Electronics, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2020

10/10

I am very satisfied with the system. Never regretted my decision in choosing your services. After-sales service is also top-notch. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is very knowledgeable and helpful. I am looking forward to your improvements coming end of the year as [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has mentioned.

PROS

I like most is its flexibility to handle items with serial numbers.

CONS

Some functions are not present like returning an item to a supplier is not available in the Purchase Order and I would have wanted to be able to write a note per serial number/Lot ID.

Reason for choosing Finale Inventory

Finale offers more of what I'm looking for in a system.

Bryce

Logistics and Supply Chain, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Great Product!

Great product, great customer service, been a game changer for our business!

PROS

The software is very easy to learn and use, along with great features and functionality. Has some great workarounds and has been able to do everything we've needed and much more.

CONS

It's great so far, no complaints that I can think of to date.

Reasons for switching to Finale Inventory

SkuVault couldn't make a good integration with Woo Commerce and we had a strong need for that integration. Customer service with SV was horrible.

Reviewed December 2023

Fantastic inventory management and order management platform with great reporting

PROS

I've been using Finale for about 3 years and with 2 different businesses of varying SKU complexity. They integrated seamlessly with Amazon, Shopify, and Ebay. The average cost features and customizable reporting make my life so much easier.

CONS

The FBA integration needs some improvement but there's constantly making improvements and I expect to see that improved soon.

This was a great way to end the year. Always love when we can help sellers become long-term customers in their growth journey. There will be some big news coming out soon about the updated FBA experience. If you're interested to hear a little more, the team is always available to share more about it: service@finaleinventory.com

Replied January 2024

Lauren

Reviewed September 2023

Finale is 10/10!

Excellent- would use them again and again

PROS

Finale was one of the easiest, most intuitive platforms that I have used in my business. The dashboard, functionalities, and capabilities definitely set it apart in the industry. The customer service team and everyone from onboarding through daily assistance were incredible to work with. They helped me tremendously and my business with our inventory management.

CONS

Nothing- for what I needed to use it for, there were zero issues. Any obstacles I did face, with unique scenarios in my business the team assisted me with and worked through a resolution.

Ana

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Finale is a critical part of keeping track of our inventory

PROS

For our company, the ability to see what inventory we have and where it is at a glance is such a time saver.

CONS

The invoicing side could be improved, but it has been improved significantly since I started using it in 2016.

Brett

Business Supplies and Equipment, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Finale Inventory Has Transformed Our Company

We had purchased another inventory management system (Fishbowl) prior to Finale and we struggled to get it implemented for an embarrassingly long time. Everybody in the organization that touched it, hated it... and eventually I decided to abandon it and start my search over. After looking at an endless amount of options a friend recommended Finale. I remember looking at the reviews on Capterra and thinking it was just too good to be true, but that if they were true, I'd found my system. I poured through the demo videos expecting to find something that didn't jibe with how we did business, but I never did. So we started a trial. I was very worried about push back from my staff, especially from the person that would be in charge of implementing it. Within 20 minutes of her poking around she was in love. Once we decided to move forward with it we were ready to start using it within a few weeks. We're using Finale with ShipStation. The learning curve for both was almost non-existent. I have total buy-in from everybody that touches it. It's allowed us to become way better about keeping inventory in stock, made purchasing in time from overseas much easier. It's virtually eliminated shipping errors. For the first time in 20 years of running an inventory based business I TRUST what my inventory management system tells me I have in stock. Most importantly, Finale has made us light years better at serving our customers.

PROS

Customer support is insanely good. It accurately tracks inventory across several warehouses and sales channels. The integration with Shipstation has revolutionized how we pick, pack and ship. Creating and tracking bills of material across many complicated assemblies is easy and intuitive. Picking using handheld scanners has virtually eliminated errors. In fact, we just went 30 days without a single report of a shipping error from a customer, and have averaged less than a 0.2% error rate in the 8 months that we've been using Finale. With our old system, the error rate was close to 3.0%. Cycle counts with handhelds have eliminated the need to close down to take inventory, we're going to be off on December 31st for the first time ever!

CONS

We had a little bit of trouble with how Finale tracks BOM of an assembly sold on a marketplace, but worked with their support to find a workaround that has been satisfactory. Even though we didn't like the way it handled it out of the box, we felt like our needs were listened to and a permenant fix is being worked on.

Caleb

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2018

The best recommendation for a warehouse management system we've ever gotten!

PROS

I have been using Finale for over Six months now and it really has been one of the better decisions that we have made moving forward with a warehouse management system. It was recommended to us by mutual friends. We came from using Skubana and there were so many things that just didn't work nor met our expectations about a WMS. We had to change a lot of our natural workflow to adapt to Skubana limitations and even then, it was a struggle. When we first considered changing our system to Finale we were very sceptical since we had already committed so much to Skubana. We thought we would need to start back at square one and the entire gruesome process would start again. That wasn't the case at all, the switch over to Finale was not even a days' worth of work. It was so easy to set everything up that we were operating at 80% in the first 3 hours. One of the most notable things about Finale is that we were able to address every single problem that our previous WMS could not. Some examples were Dynamic Purchase Order Integration, Location Auditing, System Search functions (Searched the entire database for items rather than just what is categorized under a supplier), and the ability to push fake qty and live qty for the same item for different listings on the same store. Finale works on having the system work, while some other WMS (Skubana) work on making their systems look good. I look forward to seeing Finale grow more and more!

CONS

Nothing really, so far Finale has been really great. I have already been recommending Finale to a lot my other eCommerce friends that work in similar workflows that we do.

Austin

Warehousing, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Finale Does That

As a fulfillment company we had inventory for 20+ different clients each wanting an inventory report at any given time and for sure at the end of each month. Before Finale we were tracking inventory only on spreadsheets, this meant hours and hours were spent physically counting inventory. I can't tell you how many late nights were spent at the warehouse counting inventory. Once Finale was implemented those late nights were no more. Finale immediately saved us hours of time, no more long days of physically counting every piece in our warehouse. We have numerous kitting projects and kits that are shipped from our warehouse, the Build feature has helped our company immensely with tracking inventory components of each build and keeping everything organized and easily accessible across our entire company. I could go on and on about the features and flawless customer support Finale offers!

PROS

I love having the BoM feature. It has helped with our Kits that are either pre-built for the pick line or are a bundle that need to be shipped together. It has helped immensely with tracking inventory.

CONS

Wish it had an ios app for when I am away from my desk, that could easily pull up and display information.

Steve

Sporting Goods, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2022

easy to use

I have changed warehouse software 3 times in 5 years and I am confident that Finale will be my final choice..

PROS

The system is extremely easy to use and and customisable. It was that easy that in the trial period, I uploaded my stock and inventory and was using it immediately over my exisiting program to search for products, inventory and locations. I was expecting to be testing the program and running along side my current software for a minimum of 2 months but it has been less than 2 weeks and we have already transferred over to it full time.Finale is extremely customisable and by far has the best search functionality i have used in a warehouse management system. With over 15500 SKUs, i need to know what i have in stock in a specific colour, size and style. Sometimes searching while i have a customer in front of me or on the phone. Finale does it all with easy.The onboarding is extremely thorough and they actually encourage me to book more session's. Its normally what comes with a software of a much higher price tag.

CONS

Integration with Xero - A popular accounting software has no integration, although they have a work a round.

Missing some functionalities

Reviewed July 2018

Powerful functionality , Subpar UX

Overall I feel like Finale Inventory offers the most robust, powerful inventory management platform out there.

PROS

Overall, the functionality Finale Inventory offers is better than all the other software platforms I have tested and used over the years. The ability to map product aliases to a master sku is a necessary process I have found lacking on similar platforms. Finale offers a simple and straightforward way to manage this. Setting up warehouses

CONS

The user interface is lacking. The platform is fast and their simple UI keeps it that way, but it certainly looks outdated. In addition their reporting and document templates are lacking, with a non-intuitive way to customize them. Also, there's no real FBA integration. Essentially, you set up a virtual type of warehouse, call it AMAZON-FBA, set inventory levels, and then map those sales to that warehouse. There's no real querying of FBA to check inventory levels and show discrepancies. Although their approach is workable, it would very nice to actually have a real integration with FBA rather than a band-aid approach.

Mike

Furniture, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Wouldn't be here without it

PROS

We purchased Finale Inventory within the first few weeks of starting our business in 2016, back when $149 was an insane amount of money to be spending on software each month and we could barely afford it. It was one of the best decisions we made. Not only do we have historic data going back to the beginning of our business, Finale has allowed us to grow and scale in a way we never could have without it. Our catalog started with a few component entries and has grown to hundreds of SKUs in a short couple of years. We never could have managed this growth in a sustainable manner without the important inventory tracking capabilities that Finale provides.

CONS

Velocity tracking of build orders and material usage similar to how components are tracked from sales orders.

Reviewed June 2020

Finale Inventory Software

Finale's customer service is exceptional. Can't express that enough.

PROS

Using Finale has saved us an incredible amount of time. The orders off our e-commerce websites are created automatically in Finale and inventory is adjusted and tracked automatically, requiring little to no work on our end for this. It really does so many things well, its hard to say one thing we like the most. We just take it for granted. Easily the best software company we have dealt with. They willingly and quickly answer our questions.

CONS

I think getting used to using it. Learning any new system takes time.

Heath