All Lightyear Reviews

Great AP Software

Non-Profit Organization Management, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Terrific Service and a Continually Improving Product

Overall, it's been fantastic. There is no such thing as a perfect system, but it is the people behind the software which really impress me. The fact that when things go awry, it is so easy to open the instant chat and speak to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a great touch. The service is paramount. I've had issues which were solved overnight which comes to show they really do listen.

PROS

Lightyear is visually pleasing-it's quite simple to use and understand. From the user perspective who inputs data on invoices and approves them, it's straightforward and the layout of the software does not show you more than what you need to see, however, underneath the simple processes there is complexity. Lightyear makes supplier creation, GL code settings linked to export files such as Excel, and GST codes etc are somehow made simple to set up. One thing I find particularly great is whenever I input an ABN number during the Supplier Creation process, it autofills the Supplier Name field. Additionally, this is a drop down menu, so i am able to choose ANY of the Business Names linked to this ABN.

CONS

Sometimes, there have been system bugs and I'm unable to export data for a brief amount of time, or when we top up credits to use the system, the old credits are not rolled over their expiry date. It would be great if there was a notification in place to let us know that our credits are expiring soon or we are running low. Also, there are some things which cannot be customised. For example, the Export to File which is a function that exports invoice data into a spreadsheet, cannot be modified from my end. Lightyear do add features from time to time, but I'm not sure if consumer recommendations are actually involved in the process.

Justin

Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 employees

Efficient, intelligent and easy-to-use

The team at Lightyear are hospitality-experienced and so empathise and comprehend my business and the daily problems I need to resolve. They are fantastic to deal with - grounded, patient (I test them on this), understanding and always willing to help and train. They are more than a supplier - they are a true business partner, with the best interests of my business as their main concern (even if it means cutting themselves short a few dollars here and there). A great company to have on your side, and an inspirational team to work with.

PROS

Once set up, it's a one-stop-shop for invoice receipt, accounts payable and receivable reconciliation, cost management, and business information. It is intuitive and simple to use, extremely cost-effective and takes out some of the most mundane and laborious tasks so I have more time to work on improving my business and keeping front-of-house. I could not recommend it more highly.

CONS

There's nothing I dislike about this product - I am overly happy to have it as part of my suite of tools.

Reason for choosing Lightyear

An overall better system, but also better priced and better people to deal with!

Reasons for switching to Lightyear

I believe Invitbox was discontinued.

Many thanks for the review. We're glad to hear that you are taking full advantage of Lightyear.

Replied May 2020

Rachael

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2022

Time Saver

Charlie has been great and customer service has been very quick in replying and solving questions. Approval processing is working well, overall happy.

PROS

The Manager function has worked well for us as we have offices in different locations which has made the approval of invoices more efficient. Easy to see where the approval process is up to. Exporting invoices to our accounting system is great. Also like the audit trail feature.

CONS

We haven't used the PO system yet but looking forward to the enhancements that will suit the way we use them. Yes they have listened to us and adding options to suit our business.

Reason for choosing Lightyear

Simple and easy for everyone to use without extensive training.

Wholesale, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Lightyear as Approval and Processing Accounts Payable

Mostly it is a very good software. It does save a huge amount of processing time, identifies duplicate invoice numbers, streamlines and smoothens the approval system. The Manage Suppliers function helps auto G/L coding to eliminate any inconsistencies and human errors.

PROS

Taken a huge load in processing time of the supplier invoices, it can streamline the processes, identify duplicate invoices and eliminates any human errors. It is also well integrated with Xero.

CONS

Getting the right mapping for some suppliers due to their invoice formats can sometimes be challenging and ongoing. Credit notes can at times be problematic as the reference in the credit notes can cause confusion in the processing (due to formats), they can be processed as the original invoices again rather than credit notes.

Jane

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2020

This software took away our headaches with accounts payable

We love using Lightyear. It provides a fast, smooth process for auto processing and two-step approval. This saves us time and gives us the control process we need with administration staff checking mapping and accounts along with Directors approving the bill for payment; all before getting exported to Xero. Customer support is helpful and timely , especially during the set-up process.

PROS

Integrates seamlessly and easily with Xero - our accounting software The option for single, double or exec approval process within Lightyear - meaning bills can be directly exported to the payment tab in Xero rather than draft. Ability to file statements within the software - very handy with suppliers that send multiple dkts then ask you to pay on a statement

CONS

Minor wish list item:The archive tab for completed bills would be handier to search if located on the horizontal tab area where reviews, approvals are shown - rather than only accessible from the left-hand menu bar.

Reasons for switching to Lightyear

Being a previous user of Invitbox, I liked the approval process within Lightyear and the fact that you could export to Xero instantly. Really handy for those last minute bills you receive late but needing payment before your impending creditor run.

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Accounts Payable Perfection

Extremely happy.

PROS

Lightyear allows us to easily manage the accounts payable process across our entire client base. It's unqiue mapping extraction process as well as logical flow of information, clean user interface, filing cabinet, approval process, inventory and duplicate recognition make it in my opinion the best accounts payable solution on the market. There support team is second to none.

CONS

Integrations with more POS programs or even job management programs would only increase Lightyears potential.

Reason for choosing Lightyear

The additional functionality and accuracy of the extraction process/technology.

Many thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. It is great to hear that you are taking full advantage of LIghtyear. We are always working on new integrations and more are coming soon.

Replied May 2020

Debra

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Game Changer

Simplifying the approval process

PROS

Having data extraction & approval within one system is a game changer for us. The approval process is simple to use once you spend the time to set it up. The Keyword feature works really well when working with multiple locations. The mobile phone app is easy to use and easy to switch between companies.

CONS

No ability on the mobile app to add a note to the receipt/invoice and no feature for multiple page or long receipts / invoices.

Reason for choosing Lightyear

Single e-mail address for incoming bills Mobile phone app easier to use Approval process easier to set up

Reasons for switching to Lightyear

Needed an all in one app for bill approval & accounts payable automation

Kamil

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2021

A great product that's getting even better with every update

PROS

First of all, Lightyear is a standalone application that you can, but don't have to integrate with your accounting software. Second of all, strightaway you know the costs of adding it to your business. The price list is on their website and it's fair. The setup did require some thinking about workflows and user experience, so I took my time there. But once the suppliers and maps are set up and automation rules kick in, the whole AP process becomes much less painful. I almost enjoy it now ;). The most important features like reading the invoices, accurately mapping them, and assigning them to correct approvers work very well. It saves time, effort and annoyances. The Lightear support team is a very helpful and friendly bunch. I even did a small survey among colleagues and asked what they thought of Lightyear. No surprise - everyone likes it. I highly recommend this product!

CONS

No option to add multiple attachments to invoice at once.

Reason for choosing Lightyear

It's standalone and doesn't need costly integrations with accounting software or involving IT support.

Patrick

Food Production, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Extremley Powerfull and Efficient Accounts Payable System

The experience with Lightyear to date has been exceptional. From initial engagement, implementation, and ongoing support has been flawless. Guidance and support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT] at Lightyear have been brilliant and I look forward to continuing working with Lightyear and the team on implementing other workstreams coming up (i.e., P/O Processing).

PROS

- Invoice Processing: Significant amount of time saved for me to focus on other aspects of the business, with confidence, knowing that I have accurately captured and processed all invoices.- Security: bank fraud detection is a very powerful feature of the lightyear system as well as its ability to flag duplicate invoices.- Support: the Lightyear team are incredible. From implementation to processing/mapping support, Lightyear are unreal.

CONS

N/A: We have currently used Lightyear for < 6 months but have explored a significant amount of its functionality and capability, which has been an incredibly positive experience for myself and the business.

Reason for choosing Lightyear

Far superior invoice processing functionality and advanced P/O system that could not be matched on quality and price.

Laure

Farming, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Amazing tool to process accounts payables

PROS

Great value for money, time saving, user friendly, outstanding customer service, provides everything you need to process creditors invoices

CONS

I have never had a bad experience with Lightyear. Whenever something doesn't work (which barely happens), their team is always very responsive and the problem gets solved super quickly

Reason for choosing Lightyear

Much better product than the other alternatives

Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed November 2021

Lightyear - great product, easy implementation, great value and top notch customer support!

AP Automation was long overdue within our organisation. Lightyear ticks the boxes for us in terms of automation and improving our processes, particularly in an international organisation working in multiple timezones. Would thoroughly recommend you are least trial the product - no cost if you don't like, but I'll be surprised if you turn back!

PROS

Not much not to like! The fact that you can have a month's free trial to test it out and set everything up is brilliant. It meant we could trial the product at no cost (including excellent support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT] ). Although there was paid implementation assistance (cheap!) available I was able to set the whole thing up without having to resort to that (the customer support team is on hand 24/7 to help with any issues). The product is not that mature - which could be seen as a downside. However, the Lightyear team is so responsive that it doesn't actually come across that way. Most of the niggles that I had at the beginning (just over 6 months ago) have already been resolved through the regular product updates, and I have confidence that the remainder will be resolved in due course. The product is very easy to set-up and use (as evidenced by being self-implemented). We have implemented in four locations, and once you understand how things work, it only really takes a couple of hours of setup to do each new location.

CONS

Given the nature of the rapid development of the product, there is still some work to be done to rationalise all the features (e.g. 'Edit Bill' permissions were add retrospectively to the 'Task Approver' role, so they don't integrate in a completely cohesive manner with the interface). However, I understand that the team are proactively working on that aspect.

Reason for choosing Lightyear

Best value, free trial, easy (and free) implementation.

Merran

Hospitality, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed June 2020

Accounts Payable Game Changer

Kudos to Team Lightyear for delivering a full range Accounts Payable solution in a simple and effective package. After researching a number of similar products, we implemented Lightyear over a year ago and it has transformed the way we manage our suppliers across all business divisions. Automation ensures integrity of data flows and authorisations through all our core systems and provides a comprehensive audit trail for every document - from when it was received from the supplier, across every interaction and through to our accounting system. Data processing time has halved and all users can source information directly through the simple online document storage feature. Implementation was seamless and the team managed to deliver the entire product remotely and in record time. Support is strong and fast, and I love seeing continued enhancements and new features in the software. I recommend Lighyear to my peers often - a great solution for any business.

PROS

Simplicity - easy for non-finance users to navigate Clear audit trail on all interactions with documentation Very cost efficient

CONS

I would like to see a bounced email feature when a supplier directs their invoice to a slightly incorrect email address - as far as I can see, if the Lightyear email address is incorrect, neither the supplier or the receiving entity is aware

5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed August 2022

A really good accounts payable software.

I really like how user friendly this software is. It helps me be more productive and I understand it enough now that I can easily introduce interns to it. Being able to integrate with different accounting software is a bonus and a real time saver. I also really enjoy going paperless so my work is accurate and there are no lost documents. I would like for Lightyear to work on the lag when integrating but other than that I would definitely recommend this software.

PROS

I like how user friendly this software is and if I am ever stuck then support is always available. I have been able to save a lot of time and train a few interns with Lightyear. Being able to access old invoices in the online archive is great too. The statement reconciliation process has finally allowed me to go completely paperless which makes my work more accurate.

CONS

At times syncing with Netsuite lags so it takes a bit longer to sync.

Reasons for switching to Lightyear

I actually use both for different features.

Sharon

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2020

Lightyear

It's saved a lot of time for my business and it works for all of my clients. I have some interstate clients and it's a speedy way to agree and make payments on daily invoices coming through for approval etc. We can all view the same invoice at the same time if there is an issue and easily resolve then and there.

PROS

I love that all my actions can be taken out in one place - it's stores/archives all information received and is easily searched upon.

CONS

I would like to see an option to archive 'Service Reports' - it's not always just invoices and statements that come through but often a 'supporting' document that I don't like to delete.

Reason for choosing Lightyear

I didn't really get a say as the software system provider that I use (Abcom) recommended the switch. I was all for it if it was going to save time in waiting for mail of doucments etc

It was automated

Erin

Hospitality, 201-500 employees

Lightyears Ahead!

Very happy with Lightyear and the efficiencies in processing up to 500 invoices per week in our various businesses. Even when we switched to Microsoft Dynamics (ERP system) Because it is so user friendly I was able to customise the export format with little fuss. Support have always been very helpful, from our migration (Invitbox to Lightyear) and any queries that our team have. We have developed a really good relationship with the team. It continues to work very well for our operations, I wouldn't consider changing and have no hesitations in recommending the product.

PROS

The ease of use. We have varying levels of computer literacy across the group, and I haven't had any complaints or confusion about the product.

CONS

some times the mapping/mapping requests can cause delays in processing. though this would be a problem in any like system.

Hajni

Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Best software

Exceptional, the best software that I have worked with over the years.

PROS

The implementation of the system was easy with excellent support from the team. It is very user friendly, all approvers have started using it without additional training as it is so straightforward. Processing invoices with Lightyear is super easy and using the system finally allowed us to go totally paperless.

CONS

There is no downside of the system, I cannot mention anything negative about it.

Reasons for switching to Lightyear

Mainly because previously we had manual processing and the system does that automatically. Also because we could go paperless.

Kathleen