All PayPal Reviews

Jake

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2019

A User-Friendly Invoicing System and Accounting System

Great so far. I don't see us switching to any other invoicing platform anytime soon.

PROS

The thing that led us over to PayPal was how easily integrated it was with other platforms as well as how familiar everyone already is with it. The pricing is competitive per transaction and it easily allows for international invoicing and payment. It also made it really easy for our accountant to understand the layout of it.

CONS

The only thing I didn't like at first was that I typically associate PayPal with a cash app between non-professional relationships. After seeing their invoicing system, I was immediately impressed.

Reason for choosing PayPal

It came down to pricing and functionality. PayPal offered the same features without the monthly fees.

Reasons for switching to PayPal

We made the switch because more people were familiar with PayPal and it made sense to do so. Plus, we weren't sure how simple it was to invoice and collect payment from international clients. With PayPal, we knew how easy it would be.

Suzan

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2019

Paypal Business Review

Overall, I've been a customer of paypal for over 10 years. I like their invoicing system, and how it tracks everything for you. It gives ease of access when you go into Paypal and you need to search for and track payment or invoice records. That's awesome. I am not a fan of the customer service that paypal has. Each time I call for help to try to fix an issue I'm having, I end up getting off the call more confused. They need to train their rep's better. I've had instances where I've had to call about the same issue multiple times, and each time I called about the exact same issue, I have been given different explanations, and also been told to do different things to 'correct' the issues, and 9 times out of 10, the issue isn't resolved. If you call with a simple issue, the rep's seem to be able to help ok though.

PROS

I like a couple things about Paypal. I mostly like the mobile app that they offer, because it gives you ease of access when your on the go. I also like that Paypal has started integrating new partnerships like Venmo. I really like how easy and instantly you're able to transfer paypal funds into your bank account.

CONS

With the new partnership/integrated apps that they have, like Venmo, and Greendot, they aren't a two-way street. For instance, you can't transfer money from Venmo over to paypal, or at least I tried, and it was extremely confusing how they have everything set up.

Reason for choosing PayPal

I am very comfortable with how paypals system works, and I've been using it for years. It's been the most consistent of all of the other systems I've used. Also, again, as mentioned, I like the mobile app that they have the best. It keeps me in control in an instant when I need to check my balances, check invoices and track transactions.

marc

Automotive, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

20 year old business account restricted for no reason, holding money for 21 days!

They where great unit 18 months ago and out of no where they started holding my money for 21 days. Over the last 18 months they continue to reduce my monthly sales allowance before they start holding for 21 days. Great way for them to make more money off the back of me by drawing interest on my money. As a small business owner we have to work hard for our money and for Paypal to hold it for 21 days after 18 years is a slap in the face! You do not have to use them, there are many other ways to get paid and your customers do not have a problem with you not accepting Paypal.

PROS

They used to be great but not anymore, they simply do not care about there customers!

CONS

customer service is horrible! No one can answer why my account was suddenly restricted after 18 years.

Rosalinda

Mental Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Fastest and most secure online payment

After using it for a few years, I haven't had any issues with online payments until now. Because it's quick and safe, it's a wonderful option for online payment.

PROS

Transferring funds to other e-wallets is simple, fast and safe.

CONS

Their processing fees are exorbitant when transferring payments, and their customer service is really poor; thus, they need to improve for their users.

Carly

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2023

Worst customer service and support ever experienced.

Absolutely the worst.

PROS

I have not had any benefits. The policies are vague, the support is misleading and dishonest, the customer service is amateur.

CONS

They closed my account after having received my first payment through my website.I called to find out why and they said someone would get back to be within 5 business days. Two weeks went by and they did not contact me. I called again and I was told they will not tell me why they closed my account and they will hold my money for a minimum of three months, which only then can I call to dispute access to my funds. I have no idea what went wrong and I'm extremely frustrated. I can't believe they run a business this way. They are not worth the risk... I have heard nightmare stories from other business owners who have used Paypal and have recently discovered many similar reviews on other sites. Use another company!

Reason for choosing PayPal

My website provider offered them. Seemed easy and simple at the time.

Martin

Internet, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2023

Probably the de facto payment system of most small businesses

My overall experience with PayPal is extremely positive. So far I've had no problems using PayPal as one of my payment providers

PROS

The huge range of features available for business owners. Customised invoices and receipts; fast payments; fraud detection.

CONS

It can be a bit overwhelming the first time setting up PayPal for a small business. Not knowing which is the best option to go for and how to set it up initially can take longer than you might expect from the adverts.

Reason for choosing PayPal

The fees Stripe charge, combined with the convoluted dispute process when settling a chargeback make using it unaffordable to a small business.

Micah

Food Production, 2-10 employees

Paypal is horrible

Very horrible and theyre the worst pay company ive ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Their ceo is a fake and liar too.

PROS

I like that they atleast guve you screenshot able evidence so later i have the proof on court even if they delete the account.

CONS

They steal money and hold business funds under the guise of security but allow money laundering by other means for non-vetted accounts while they punish the business ones.

Reasons for switching to PayPal

No choice when searching for good quality, but paypal is NOT quality ANYTHING.

Computer Hardware, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2023

PayPal a secure and fast way to do all your online purchases.

Positive for the most part, since PayPal is known for its secure way of making purchase online.

PROS

Secure, fast and easy way to perform online purchases across so many online sites and vendors, for your business and personal needs

CONS

The lack of more customer support is missed, emailing support is not the best way to resolve transactional issues, where is much faster to speak to someone to resolve issues over the phone, then it is when you have to wait for an email reply from support.

Reason for choosing PayPal

No extra devices needed to use, other then a computer to place transactions.

Yelle

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Useful but undifferentiated

Overall I feel safe storing my info with PayPal and I trust them since they've been around for a while.

PROS

It's easy to pay and get paid with PayPal. I most like being able to store my information like my address and credit card for easy checkout from an online shop. I also like that I can pay someone's invoice by logging into PayPal.

CONS

PayPal used to be the only way to safely store your credit card and address online. These days there are so many other options like Google and Apple saving everything on your devices. I am trying to think about why I ever do use PayPal which leads me to think about whether it needs to differentiate itself in some way.

Reason for choosing PayPal

My company used to have it as an option where a client could pay us with PayPal but we removed this option so that we could have more of a streamlined experience with Stripe integrating with our Dubsado CRM.

REYNALYN

Business Supplies and Equipment, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

My experience with PayPal

My best option when it comes to international payments because of its availability.

PROS

User-friendly features and straight to the point.

CONS

The fees when it comes to conversion to my local currency are a bit expensive. But overall, it's a good app.

Reason for choosing PayPal

PayPal is a frequent option for online payments.

KAREN YULIETH

Individual & Family Services, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Easy payments

Exceptional, wonderful, very easy to use and very safe

PROS

It is a platform that makes it easy for users to receive their payments in a safe and friendly manner without having to go anywhere other than their PC or mobile phone.

CONS

Customer service should be more immediate

Irshad

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2023

I am using PayPal past 2 years and it's perfect

PROS

Easy to use, all currency accept, fast payment processing app

CONS

Payment accepted very fast and transferred amount to bank in very low charges

Jayson

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2020

the in and outs of paypal

The overall money saved and speed if PayPal's services are a more then welcome addition to any buisness . With so many solutions for sending and receiving money for goods and services PayPal is an overall very cleverly designed software and would recommend it to anybody.

PROS

the ability to make customizable invoices for pretty much anything is an amazing feature. yiu are ability set payment dates and reminders for your customers, comes in handy when yiu have many streams if revenue and sources. organization us key to success. You can also accept payments or make refunds in many different currencies and do this on your mobile,home or at the office with no process time. furthermore if you dont know they also have a money order service that allows you to send money any where in the world at very little cost. switching from the old services i was using for the restaurant to do all of this has saved $10k+ every year, cant get much better then that.

CONS

The ability to run a line if credit would be something that would improve overall value of PayPal's service. I would like to see some kind if reward system put in place for individual and buisness clients for frequent use, also the ability to use Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies would be a good addition as as the days go one more and more people use them for there everyday spending/saving and investing opportunities.

Reasons for switching to PayPal

there costs were burying the businesses profitably on overhead and the amount of technical problems and the lack of incentive to fix or compensate a person or buisness for delayed payments or malfunctioning software was quite unsatisfactory at best.

Tiffany

Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2021

Prefer PayPal over any other online bank/money transfer software!

Overall, I love PayPal. I have recommended this product to literally everyone I know, and will continue to do so, and definitely continue using it, for both business and personal services.

PROS

I actually use PayPal for both personal and business accounts. Basically, they are the most full service software that I can find for everything I need from a bank. To me, they are way more than a bank or just a money transfer/pre-paid account. It's incredibly easy to use, from set up, to any added outside accounts, sending and transferring money to your account, and receiving money as well. Any money movement takes place in literally seconds. The fact that there is buyer and seller protection for purchasing online is fantastic. PayPal was actually what got me to start finally shipping online, because I trust the software.

CONS

The only thing I can think of is that it seems to be slightly difficult to remove websites/vendors from the automated payments processing. Sometimes it doesn't remove them. Also, I wish they sent warnings of payments about to be taken out.

Reason for choosing PayPal

I needed a product that actually works as a stand alone bank account, as well as a money transfer app

Reasons for switching to PayPal

I didn't like the fees for every single transaction with netspend. Plus the monthly fees, atm fees, just too many fees for crying out loud.

Sal

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2021

The original and the essential.

Safe, secure, and reliable. I trust PayPal with my personal information and as my go-to payment processor to both send and receive payments. You can't ask for more, and it's easy to pull transaction data as necessary. It hasn't been often that I have needed to contact PayPal, but, when I do, they have always worked with me to resolve my concerns.

PROS

I have been a long-time user of PayPal and have used it since the early 2000s. I have used PayPal for online sales through eBay, which how I was first introduced to the website. It was always a quick and safe way to process online payments. As I began to work on music and needed a method to accept payments, PayPal was my obvious choice. PayPal is instant and offers great security for both payer and payee. I see the essential information I need to send out merchandise or e-mail files and I can also rest assured that my payments that I both send and receive are secure. In addition, in this age of phishing scams, PayPal's security features help me feel more secure in sending money online. I can trust PayPal with my account and card information and have never had an issue in the nearly 20 years of using the platform.

CONS

Like all payment processing companies, PayPal does charge fees for their services. While I expect and accept that fees are essentially inevitable, it's always nice if fees can be lowered so that creators can keep more of the funds they work so hard to earn. It's unfortunate when prices need to be raised to account for percentages. Generally, though, PayPal's fees are amongst the lowest that I have seen, so this is a very minor complaint.

Reason for choosing PayPal

I have a long relationship as a customer of PayPal and have no reason to change. I have been happy with PayPal's features, level of security, and customer support.

1 employee

Reviewed November 2018

Paypal the good and the bad

Overall, paypal is a good service, there are flaws of course but it does what it needs to. I've had clients have horrible experiences with them (held money and such), but I've got some clients that love them, I use them myself as well as they are convenient. My suggestion to most clients is to not allow a large amount of money to remain in the account at any given time, manually transfer to bank regularly or utilize the debit card to withdraw cash....but the service is reliable, easy to setup and use.

PROS

Paypal is very quick and easy to get set up and ready to accept payments, I think that's often the biggest draw to Paypal. Sending money to someone is easy and fast as well. There are multiple integration options to utilize Paypal to accept payments on your website, so you'll definitely find the right solution for you. The Paypal debit card is convenient as its much faster than transferring to your bank. Most of the time, the service works very well...but when you do have an issue, customer service is not great.

CONS

Unlike all other credit card processors, Paypal holds your money until you manually transfer it, this means if Paypal feels you have violated their terms of service, they can and will put a hold on your money. And the money held by them is not FDIC insured as it would be in a bank. Transferring money to your bank is slowwwww...but of course transfer from your bank is instantaneous. The fees are higher than a traditional merchant account/online processor scenario, but there's no setup fees and as stated above, it's very easy and quick to get setup and started right away. It's nearly impossible to find a phone number to customer service...and they aren't always very helpful.

Humberto

Internet, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2019

PayPal Excellent Method to Receive Payments

Since I started my freelancer career 4 years ago I used PayPal to receive payments from my clients. I have never had problems receiving payments and everyone accepts this platform to make them. Currently there are many methods that can be much better, these can be cryptocurrencies or other methods such as Uphoald, Payeer or Skrill. However, if you are starting to receive multiple payments PayPal is the best option, since the registration is free, the verification of your account is quite simple and the limitations are practically nil.

PROS

PayPal is a payment platform that is easy to install and use Your customers are probably already familiar with PayPal You do not need a merchant account You can receive payments from any client. They do not need to have a PayPal account You can create very elegant and personalized payment formats PayPal charges are lower than some merchant accounts You can configure recurring payments (if you need it) PayPal can be easily integrated into any shopping cart system It is a platform that offers secure transactions for both sellers and buyers Payments are fast, safe and convenient You have the possibility to request a refund, after having transferred to another account (2 times I have done it successfully, your response is very fast, timely and efficient)

CONS

Regarding digital products, they are not covered by seller protection policies The rates for Chargebacks can be very high Although it has not happened to me personally, I know cases of users who have had their account suspended. Your funds have been frozen for months Although it is a platform received in many payment systems, there is a large number of people who refuse to use PayPal. This can be limiting when doing business with these clients Personally, I consider it a limitation that you can not transfer money from PayPal to other systems such as Payoneer, Paytm, Payeer, etc.

Carissa