All Pirate Ship Reviews

Alexandria

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Easy to use and saves money

Jonathan

Industry: Online Media

Argh! Pirate Ship Is a Treasure!

Pros

We have been using Pirate Ship for labels for the past two years and have had a very good experience. You get labels at a discounted rate quick and easily. The support team is awesome and pretty quick, they are always making pirate-related puns.

Cons

Since there is no monthly subscription fee like their competitors, support is not as comprehensive but still, their fun energy makes up for it.

Rachel

October 2022

The best shipping secret out there!

Pirate Ship started solving my high shipping costs when I sold items on eBay, increasing my overall profits. My eBay sold items are automatically shown in the Pirate Ship program without me lifting a finger. It then shows me my choices of shipping carriers and prices. I select what I want, and they handle the rest. Easy! I now use it to mail out all the employee birthday and anniversary gifts for my company. It has decreased our shipping costs to half what they were, making me look like a great employee helping our company's bottom line.

Pros

Pirate Ship is a shipping company that provides software to help you ship all your packages efficiently and economically. It keeps up with all your data and provides reports and statistics. It is free, and it saves you a tremendous amount of money. You are given the rates from all chosen carriers, and they have amazing discounts (up to 75% off UPS normal prices). It has options reflecting USPS discounts that aren't provided anywhere else (i.e. Priority Mail by cubic feet, which is a price decrease not found elsewhere.

Cons

I have yet to find a con. The blogs, knowledge bases, and up-to-date lists are so extensive, you have everything at your fingertips.

Reasons for choosing Pirate Ship

Incredible savings are offered and the superior software to manage all my shipments

Crystal

Print Shipping Labels at Commercial Rates

I had seen a lot of good reviews about Pirate Ship, so I decided to give them a try. I needed to print 12 labels for orders I needed to ship. Pirate Ship was extremely user friendly when I was entering the information for the label. I had an issue with one label and had to request to void it. I had no trouble doing so. When I was finished with the labels, I was able to easily print them out and print a SCAN sheet as well. The clerk at my local post office does not require the SCAN sheet, but it makes shipping a large number of packages much more efficient. I liked that I was able to see a list of the labels I had printed with the tracking numbers. I could click on an individual tracking number and quickly get the status of the package. At that point, I considered making Pirate Ship my go-to shipping service. However, I had noticed when purchasing postage, I did not see an option to pay for all of the labels at the same time as I had experienced with other services. The next day when I went to use my debit card, it was declined in spite having sufficient funds available. I called my bank and learned that my card had been looked for fraud due to Pirate Ship processing an individual transaction for each label.

Pros

I can print one or many labels. There is no subscription fee. The interface is the most user friendly I have experienced. I can easily print a SCAN sheet to go with my labels for ease of shipping. I can see the status of my packages without having to look up each individual one on the USPS website.

Cons

Pirate Ship charged my debit card individually for each shipping label that I purchased. The one day I used it, I had 12 labels. This resulted in 12 individual charges to my card and caused my card to be locked due to a fraud alert being placed by the bank.

Response from Pirate Ship

Ahoy Captain Crystal! I'm so sorry to hear you had trouble with your bank locking your card :( Just head to Settings / Payment Method and set a "Minimum Payment Amount" to load your account balance up, instead of paying as-you-go ;) If we can ever help out just let us know, we're always available on chat or email! ARRrrrr, Pirate Ship

Replied April 2019

Liora

November 2022

Great shipping service, no hidden fees

I’ve switched to Pirate Ship from Stamps.com awhile back and I’m so glad I did. I pay less for shipping now and without hidden fees. I highly recommend Pirate Ship it to anyone in e-commerce.

Pros

Pirate Ship has been my go-to for quite a while. With shipping prices going up, it’s become even more important for folks who sell items online like I do. You wanna keep your shipping costs low and you want a service that’s easy to use. Pirate Ship is a winner on both counts. The website is clear and easy to use, there are no hidden fees and you can quickly generate labels. I also kind of like the early-internet feel of the site. For example, when you log in, the site asks you “are you a robot or are you a pirate?” It’s campy and corny in the best of ways.

Cons

I would love it if there was better integration with platforms like Facebook and eBay. Right now, I have to copy and paste addresses from these platforms to Pirate Ship. A little more integration could be a huge time saver, especially when I do bulk shipments.

Reasons for switching to Pirate Ship

I didn’t like that I had to pre-buy postage that would just sit there until I needed to ship something. It was also too easy to duplicate labels and get charged twice. I gave up on Stamps.com when I realized there was a subscription fee I was not aware of. It felt dishonest and it kinda soured me Stamps.com.

Faith

November 2022

Arr Matey, Pirate Shipping is the best!

I absolutely love Pirate Ship! From the fun pirate theme on the site, the money I save, and how easy it is to use.

Pros

It easily connected with our Dymo label printer from fay one. No monthly fees was very important to me!

Cons

I have used Pirate Ship for 5 years and have not come across any features that I don’t like. It does everything we need and then some.

Reasons for choosing Pirate Ship

We went with Pirate Ship because they don’t charge a monthly fee for use.

Reasons for switching to Pirate Ship

Going to the post office for postage was costing extra money and time.

March 2022

Great International Rates

Simple Export rate, when turned on save us and our customers money with affordable international rates.

Pros

Easy to print shipping labels with no monthly fee. Ability to connect to my ecommerce site to import orders for shipping. Pirate Ship's simple export rate for international shipping is extremely cost effective and worth contacting them to have it turned on for your account.

Cons

Not fond of the user interface. Feels clunky and could use improvements.

Reasons for choosing Pirate Ship

I mainly use Pirate Ship when shipping international since the simple export rates are low.

Jailene

December 2022

ALWAYS the lowest rates

Pros

This company always has the lowest rates for parcel shipping. I always use them if I ever need to ship out freight. The software is easy to use and they are diligent in adjusting prices over the months.

Cons

Tracking packages in the website could be a little easier.

Mary

Industry: Photography

January 2023

Pirate ship is great for easy, affordable shipping!

Pros

Pirate Ship is easy to use and often has great prices on shipping beyond the retail prices.

Cons

I don't have any cons about pirate Ship. It's easy to use and a great value!

Darla

Pirate Ship review

Has been great - they even helped with a refund for customs fee on a package that didn't require it.

Pros

Looking up and comparing shipping costs with UPS, FedEx, and USPS easy to do. Printing labels is easy.

Cons

I have no cons. Everything works easily and well.

Paypal Multi-shipping went away :(

Angel

Good for my business

Pros

I really like how easy it is to buy and print labels

Cons

I wish the pricing was actually cheaper than some of my other services, honestly they are all around the same price with no real savings.

Shannon

Pirate Ship is changing the game!!!

Was researching shipping label printers to buy, saw a review/how to video about PirateShip, went to the site to see if it really was free. Saw they had also recommended the label printer I was interested in. Once said printer arrived at my home and I set it up I went straight to PirateShip to give it a try. BECAUSE I had a feeling it would truly be the easiest way to test out the new printer and it was. It was so easy! I went from messing around to getting all my orders labeled in one sitting.

Pros

This is my THIRD time writing this review because Capterra keeps freezing at the end and then deleting everything I wrote. So if the fact that I'm writing this again because I think PirateShip is so great and deserve all the extra work, isn't proof enough of my love for them then I don't know that my words ever will be. What I like most, is the ease of use, the affordability, the export rate for international shipping, the customer support with their punny pirate quips and funny gifs. All of it!

Cons

Cons? No cons, there are no cons here. Unless you DON'T like fast, genuine and proactive customer support, in which case, let's be honest, your life is the real con here.

Reasons for choosing Pirate Ship

I will not add in the alternative options above because that's what keeps crashing and deleting my review. However, I was planning to look into Stamps.com and another one I heard on a podcast ad somewhere. PirateShip caught my attention because it was free then I went to the site and it was all right there, no digging to find what I needed or to understand how it worked. It's user design is very user friendly and almost makes shipping fun.

Reasons for switching to Pirate Ship

Paypal's label create while super basic and simple does not offer reports or export rates. I also felt like as soon as I would print a label it would disappear into a void, not saved anywhere. I thought there must be a better option and PirateShip is sooo much better than any option I could have imagined.

Joseph

Love Pirate Ship, Rrrr Matey

Overall, experience has been great. Customer service is responsive and downtime is only limited to USPS. Have recommended to colleagues.

Pros

No monthly fee, customizing of labels (especially generating return labels) is extremely easy. Saving templates also saves us a lot of time.

Cons

Does not integrate with Zapier. Once it does, I will have 0 complaints or suggestions.

Reasons for choosing Pirate Ship

Ease of return label printing.

Reasons for switching to Pirate Ship

Price, ability to print return labels easily.

jonathan

Perfect solution for small, home-based users

I've always shipped through USPS click-and-ship (simple at-home print, but $$$ and no FCM), or PayPal (lower rates, cumbersome interface), or ebay (low rates, good integration, but only for ebay). I was unwilling to pay monthly rates for occasional or low-volume FCM, most times I would just pay the higher Priority rate for the convenience of not waiting inline at the post office. Pirate Ship has me finding things to sell and ship, just because it's so easy. Thanks for your money saving "insider" tips, and simple yet comprehensive interface.

Pros

Setup and initial use was totally intuitive. The ebay integration was dead-simple (the only one I've used so far). I love the pass-through savings for FCM and priority with no per-month cost. And their videos/tips on how to save $$$ for novice shippers (I'm one), adds immediate value and lowers the bar for entry of new shippers.

Cons

A very minor feature request that only emerged after observing just how useful their "reports" tab is. Would be great to customize the reports dashboard to only display (or change the order/layout) of the data fields that are most important tot he individual user.

Reasons for choosing Pirate Ship

No subscription fee or specialized equipment needed.

Reasons for switching to Pirate Ship

Waaaay simpler and better rates.

Nicholas

February 2022

The best out there for online shipping!

Pirate ship allows me to easily create shipping labels for my small business, the website is very user friendly and allows for quick productivity.

Pros

It’s straightforward and simple to use. You create your label with your customers shipping information, package details such as dimensions and weight and boom! You’re all set. The options for selecting services (such as USPS, UPS etc.) are all conveniently listed for you to choose from before you purchase your label.

Cons

So far, nothing at all. The service is exactly what you need for shipping solutions for a small business.

Reasons for choosing Pirate Ship

Pirate ship offers a simple solution with no fluff. You get exactly what you need with out a bunch of extra promotional junk being thrown your way.

Tamara

Best Shipping Platform for Small Business

10/10 would highly recommend

Pros

I love that I can play around with packaging and get rate comparisons. I love the price point. I love that it has easy software integration with my website. Customer service is quick and friendly

Cons

Sometimes I do struggle to find the page that tells me the cheapest option to ship items in but that seems more like user error

Reasons for choosing Pirate Ship

Cheaper, easier to understand the website, cute pirate theme

Reasons for switching to Pirate Ship

Cheaper, I could do it from home, I don’t have to pay for a monthly membership that isn’t cost effective at my current scale

Brian