• Pros

• "The customer service is amazing and very easy to use"

• "Easy of use like no other I have tried before it. It simply works, never crashes, always shows my orders as it should."

• "Its very easy to use and getting support is quick."

• Cons

• "There aren't many cons about this company, aside from sometimes the prices aren't cheaper, but only by a few cents to a dollar in difference."

• "Rates are pretty standard wish they were a little lower but the software is very good especially being that it's free. "

• "There's nothing I don't like, however I will be happy when they do integrate with some of the other platforms."

Browse Pirate Ship Reviews

Coty from Infinite Pixel

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Outstanding product with the best customer service!

Pirate Ship has made bulk shipping, single shipping, and international shipping a breeze! Customer service through them is second to none, and I would highly recommend everyone to give them a chance!

Pros

First and foremost, I love the cost. Pirate Ship offers THE BEST prices around to ship, even compared to eBay and PayPal shipping costs when I ship through my store. The customer service is the best you can ever ask for. During the sign up and registration, they were there for me nonstop, every step of the way to make sure I had all of the help I needed!

Great for small businesses

Pros

Pirate Ship was suggested to me because I was getting frustrated about shipping costs outside of paypal and PayPal has started to restrict your use of their labels unless the transaction went immediately through them. As an artist who sells merch, this was frustrating. Pirate Ship has comparable rates which is awesome, and their interface is much easier to use. PLUS, I found out they have microshipping for Global shipping, where they can activate much lower rates for your international order. To my knowledge, they're the only free shipping site who can do this.

Cons

My only con is that the global shipping perk is something I had to figure out from a friend and message them about as it's not set by default nor is it easy to find information on.

Pirate Ship is free.

Matthew from Monthly Miniature

No Reason To Look Any Further

I've used pirateship to ship everything for my businesses. I've used it in both businesses I've owned because it's the best program out there for shipping savings.

Pros

Super easy to set up. Super easy to use. Saves you TONS on shipping. Running a subscription box, I need to save as much as possible on one of my highest costs. Pirateship let's me do that without having to scale my business to 1000's if packages. I cant understate how fast, efficient, and helpful their customer service is. Top 5 out of any company I've ever dealt with in my life, easily.

Cons

I cant think of a single feature that is lacking. The service handles single shipments, group shipments, everything. Its all easy. They even support multiple label sizes and print formats now. They're only getting better too!

Crystal from CJB Gifts and Collectibles

Print Shipping Labels at Commercial Rates

I had seen a lot of good reviews about Pirate Ship, so I decided to give them a try. I needed to print 12 labels for orders I needed to ship. Pirate Ship was extremely user friendly when I was entering the information for the label. I had an issue with one label and had to request to void it. I had no trouble doing so. When I was finished with the labels, I was able to easily print them out and print a SCAN sheet as well. The clerk at my local post office does not require the SCAN sheet, but it makes shipping a large number of packages much more efficient. I liked that I was able to see a list of the labels I had printed with the tracking numbers. I could click on an individual tracking number and quickly get the status of the package. At that point, I considered making Pirate Ship my go-to shipping service. However, I had noticed when purchasing postage, I did not see an option to pay for all of the labels at the same time as I had experienced with other services. The next day when I went to use my debit card, it was declined in spite having sufficient funds available. I called my bank and learned that my card had been looked for fraud due to Pirate Ship processing an individual transaction for each label.

Pros

I can print one or many labels. There is no subscription fee. The interface is the most user friendly I have experienced. I can easily print a SCAN sheet to go with my labels for ease of shipping. I can see the status of my packages without having to look up each individual one on the USPS website.

Cons

Pirate Ship charged my debit card individually for each shipping label that I purchased. The one day I used it, I had 12 labels. This resulted in 12 individual charges to my card and caused my card to be locked due to a fraud alert being placed by the bank.

Response from Pirate Ship

Replied April 2019

Ahoy Captain Crystal! I'm so sorry to hear you had trouble with your bank locking your card :( Just head to Settings / Payment Method and set a "Minimum Payment Amount" to load your account balance up, instead of paying as-you-go ;) If we can ever help out just let us know, we're always available on chat or email! ARRrrrr, Pirate Ship

Irene from Irene's Blingalicious Jewelry

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Quality over Cost?

I've been able to process my labels quickly and economically. The price is definitely better than the post office.

Pros

Its very easy to use and getting support is quick.

Cons

Sizing labels to a label maker is difficult. I'm not very tech savy so maybe its because i'm not sure how to do it.

Angela from The Pudding Room

Couldn't live without it/ Wish everything worked like this

I sell online on several platforms. Pirate ship has saved me a fortune over time. I've learned a lot from their files as well as asking questions they always patiently answer. I never would have dreamed of selling direct international but they make it so easy my doors are open to the world.

Pros

Love absolutely everything about Pirate ship. Very easy to navigate, intuitive interface, comical. Mounds of educational files. Off the chart customer service.

Cons

In 2 years of use I can't think of a single complaint.

100% easier to use, better customer service, no fees

David from ISOBOLO

Pirate Ship - Save money on postage!

Excellent! Saves us time and money in shipping. We sell on eBay and Mercari and will use PirateShip as our postage supplier for any item that we include free shipping.

Pros

The ease of use and cost savings of PirateShip definitely made us come back for more. We have compared USPS rates vs Pirate Ship and PS saved us several dollars each time we used it. Very easy to use website. Saves Money....how can that be any better?

Cons

Haven't found any cons about the software. I have shipped large and small packages and routinely save several dollars per transaction.

Reasons for Choosing Pirate Ship

I did not like the interface of Stamps.com...seemed too antiquated. Pirate Ship was fun...and I like to talk like a pirate ;)

Liz from Carve

Industry: Wholesale

You need to use Pirate Ship

Pros

It is so user friendly!! I haven't had any confusion or a question since I started.

Cons

I haven't found anything yet.

Paige from Coyote Sol Creations

Game Changer

In addition to the ease of use and shipping discounts, I’ve had a wonderful experience with their customer support thus far too.

Pros

The software is extremely straight forward and easy to use, not to mention the stellar commercial shipping break that is totally a game changer for my small business. I can even link my Etsy shop to this software and it not only upload all the contact info from my orders but confirms shipment and sends a tracking number for me.

Cons

I have no complaints thus far! ..........

Reasons for Choosing Pirate Ship

Clear, concise software and guaranteed lowest prices.

Gede Ananda from Online Culture

Good by to Ordinary USPS

Sometimes USPS shipping cost makes me upset because of the high cost for small clothing business like me, but since I found this app it's saved me a ton of time and money.

Pros

It's completely free. It's show me the best USPS rate and estimated times. Customer services are great, it only takes several minutes for CS to answer my questions and complaints. This app also integrated with my Online Shop platform and very easy to apply.

Cons

The only con of this software is the logo is kind of creepy. Nah I'm just kidding, there no cons. This app is perfect

Jackie from TheOldLeaf.com

Very happy to have found PirateShip ; suits my shipping needs extremely well.

Etsy marketplace has changed their billing system to pay-as-you-go. I would rather prepay via Credit or Debit Card to earn rewards with my card. This was the impetus for finding PirateShip and it is suiting my needs very well on a daily basis.

Pros

- It's FREE! - You get the same great postal discount the marketplace sites are hyping as their 'exclusive user rate' without being tied to their site's billing protocol. - It IS, however, integrated with the big marketplaces, so you can import your orders directly from them to PirateShip to use PirateShip's labels. - You get a dashboard on your home page that shows all your purchased labels, sorted by recency, and it includes the name, tracking number, delivery date and time. - Site supports many printers as well as older Zebra thermals, like the popular LP-2488-Z. - Customer support is fairly quick to respond via the Chat interface. (usually within 5 minutes). - You can prepay in an increment that YOU select (and there are number to pick from) , or pay as you go for each shipping label. And you can check your balance anytime in the Reports section.

Cons

- Slight learning curve in how to use the site. I fumbled my first label by allowing PirateShip to use the specs that came from the Marketplace and the weight was incorrect. Now, I am more observant and watch the weight before I print the label. - If you choose to import the customer data from Etsy, PirateShip will automatically send the tracking number back into the Etsy transaction so you don't have to. This is great - except when you make an error on the shipping label and need to cancel the label and buy a 2nd one; there is no way (at this time) to delete the incorrect label information from the 1st label. It might confuse the buyer on Etsy, and you may have to write an explanation to them if it does.

Brian from MGP Food

Make your other shipping portals walk the plank

Incredibly responsive support, always on live chat, and they manage expectations (we are back in 10-15 min, here are some limitations, heres the company roadmap). Really a fantastic company and set of guys, and I'm excited to see where they take this company. OR, in pirate speak, Ye mateys always be hoisting a flag when we bring the ship in for repairs, always have a pirate posted to scribe out answers when we leave our brains out at sea, and keep us happy when we are ready to make people walk ye old plank. Great set of plundering fools who deserve all the grog and mead and wenches available, and am excited to see where they cast anchor in the future with the shipping ship, as we would follow them across the seas to plunder where they go!

Pros

Ease of use, and savings. Hands down doing side by comparisons, there are significant savings. Also, being able to use the cubic priority function of USPS has been a breeze, and I don't have extra steps to confirm for "delivery." One recent shipment was ~$150 on another platform, and <$100 on PirateShip. SCAN forms for EOD are super easy to find and print, and have made my life a breeze. The individual tracking right now for packages really goes above and beyond what I have seen in the past, and really like the interface on a package level.

Cons

No real funcitonal complaints, and definetly nothing that would make me change. Just my $.02 from using it, and this is mostly because I'm lazy: - Push notifications when packages have been delivered in browser or through notification center (personal preference) - App for on the go tracking (personal preference, since I'm not always at the office) - Amazon integration, but I have reached out to the team, and it should be released soon. Again, I'm transferring things manually, but the time it takes to do it manual (just a few min) REALLY makes it worth it when I saw how much time I was saving.

I used to hate shipping labels now I love them, and save money while at it!

Ever since I started shipping with Pirate Ship I started saving money, by far, period. They have a variety of discounted rates not available through Ebay shipping labels. I can't believe how much money I literally threw away with Ebay labels. I have been using PS for about two years now and I remember only having an issue with an international label that for some reason didn't appear on my orders list, well I contacted PS and in minutes, literally minutes I had a real person (with eye patch and wooden leg I assume) in a chat window and informed me that Ebay was having some issues with International orders. Every time I have needed customer support they have been there for me. I always insure my shipments, I have only once had to make a claim because USPS was rough with my packages and the PS staff assisted me all the way through with the claim and it all got resolved to my satisfaction.

Pros

Cons

no support for FedEx, only USPS, which is fine as I mostly use USPS but it'll be nice not to have to use the overly chaotic FedEx website.

ROB from Candlelight Productions

Industry: Broadcast Media

Ahoy Mate, this be the finest Ship in ye postal yard!

I absolutely adore Pirateship and what it offers. Everything is well thought-out, it has efficiently-producing features (intuitive import mapping, rubber stamps, per-label tracking, end-user notification), the business model makes it *FREE* for end-users to use. What's not to like? I'm so thankful this company/product exists!!! YAY! My parrot, Simon, agrees. (as he lifts his head high, and declares "I am a pirate... ARRRRRR!")

Pros

1 -- FUN!! I smile every time I sign in! 2 -- Saved profiles -- it remembers your frequently used profiles to make one-off shipping simple! 3 -- Shows all options to find the best rate, applying Media discounts, and estimating times! 4 -- IMPORT Mapping -- that works! Although it doesn't do well with multi-tabbed worksheets, it imports single-tabs great, with an integrated field-mapping interface to make multi-order shipping so simple! 5 -- Automatic Per-Label Tracking! Their system, behind the scenes, polls USPS tracking data, so for your batch shipments you can see what % has been delivered, and where each individual package is! BRILLIANT, useful, and well thought out! 6 -- RUBBER Stamps! Labels can have custom "rubber stamps" (text) that prints on the label. We use this to help describe what goes in each package during our packing process. 7 -- Recipient Notification -- At a designated time, it'll automatically e-mail all the recipients to let them know a shipment is coming.. sweet!

Cons

- Would like to see support for multi-sheet excel workbooks. - Would love to be able to print my own JPG/PNG logo in the return-address section

Chris from ziggylady

Get aboard PIRATESHIP and save $$$

I am a relatively small ebay seller, but ever since another seller told me about Pirate Ship, I have done ALL of my shipping here. Integration with my ebay account was easy, and the labels even look better than when I used to print from ebay (no dotted lines to trim away and no annoying promotional message that ebay likes to tack on). I really appreciate the savings I get with the Cubic Rate Priority--- that alone is worth using it. Overall, a fun and easy site to use and savings are AWESOME!

Pros

I love the SAVINGS, especially with Cubic Rate Priority Mail, which has saved me about $2 on every shipment that qualifies. This is the only software that passes these awesome savings on to us -- woo hoo! I also love that the response time is super quick if I submit a question. Great customer service!

Cons

Only thing that could be better is automatically importing ebay's Global Shipping Program sales. I don't have a whole bunch of them, and there is an easy workaround by doing a manual label and just copying the address (GSP always goes to Kentucky).

Katie from Lavish Bath Box

Best Shipping Program Available!

Pros

Pirate ship makes keeping track of my shipments easy! The integrate with multiple shop platforms so I can seamlessly import my labels as batches. I can save my most commonly used settings and can pull up addresses we've shipped to before with just a name or email address. They have the best pricing I've found and for a subscription box company that ships hundreds of boxes a month that savings add up quickly. Their customer service is EXCELLENT and they are continuously adding new features and functionality.

Cons

I can't think of a single downside to using Pirate Ship! It really is a superior program ran by awesome people truly interested in their customer experience.

Overall a Great Tool and Value (Especially Since It's Free)

Pros

It provided the lowest possible rates I've found for USPS shipping. Also, it easily integrates with online stores such as eBay and Amazon. It offers specific USPS shipping rates (cubic rate, for example) that other online shipping platforms don't. You can easily track your label purchases and orders, monitor tracking information status for the orders themselves. Also, it is nice to be able to pay for only the specific order you're placing itself, as opposed to have to add funds to a site balance (such as with ShipStation, for example) that you then spend on the shipping cost.

Cons

It allows for USPS shipping only, and does not support other carriers such as FedEx or UPS (not to mention other carriers such as DHL). Some shipping options (such as USPS Media Mail) are hidden away under difficult-to-find sub-menus, almost as if they don't want users to use these cheaper alternative options. While I do appreciate the fact that the interface is very simple and seemingly intuitive, although this can sometimes become frustrating when it tries to auto-fill the address information while I'm typing (often incorrectly), forcing me to re-type the whole thing. Additionally, the simple interface sometimes makes me feel like some information is not being readily shown to me.

Deborah from Gourmet Grout LLC

Pirate Ship makes shipping from three sales channels a breeze

Their customer support is unparalleled. I've had only a few questions because their documentation is outstanding, but when I needed an answer, I got one in MINUTES. I'm saving a BUNCH of money using Pirate Ship instead of Etsy shipping, both on the cost of shipping itself, and because Pirate Ship allows me to pay for shipping with my credit card where I earn cash back, something that Etsy no longer allows. (When you spend several thousand dollars a year on shipping, that adds up quickly - you can see a detailed analysis of my first month saving money with Pirate Ship here: https://tinyurl.com/y8v6c8xx/) I recently added two other sales channels - eBay and a Shopify website - and was anticipating difficulties with shipping orders from three sources, but Pirate Ship's integrations made it nearly seamless.

Pros

The ability to pull in orders from 3 different sales channels, the suggestions for what shipping method to use, reports that show which services I've used and which Postal Zones I'm shipping to the most, and the ability to "pay ahead" for shipping. Great documentation on all features, and so easy to get an answer to a question, either from their published documentation, or from online chat with staff.

Cons

It'd be great if all my pending shipments showed up on one sheet, and I could order multiple shipping labels from one page, but I'd be willing to bet they're working on that even as we speak.

Maryann from Jumia Nigeria

Affordable rates

Pirate Ship has greatly helped my online business because it has helped in reducing my shopping cost. I don't need to worry about extra costs, monthly fees and hidden charges.

Pros

Pirate ship is a software created modern small businesses and entrepreneurs. This shipping software is designed to help provide shipping services for USS approved postages. What I like the most is that it is affordable and easy to use. It only takes three steps to buy and print the postages whether it's a single parcel or a lot of them.

Cons

I do not have any dislikes because this software has been awesome.

Gary from Minor Treasures LLC

Easy to Use, Easy to Quote

There is no additional cost to me. No Memberships or service fees. The rates on PirateShip are typically cheaper than eBay TopRated Seller discounts and of course cheaper than going to the post office or USPS.com.

Pros

The site is very easy to use. It works great with my Rollo Printer and my Dymo XL printer. I use for eBay, Etsy my online store and to quote shipping costs overseas. For eBay, it syncs all the packages I need to ship out, displays my "custom label" where I place my item locations and lets eBay know the package is on its way. I think there are more USPS shipping options on PirateShip than on eBay. 80-90% of the time I find PirateShip is cheaper than Ebays discounted rates. Especially for overseas orders.

Cons

That it could incorporate UPS, FedEx, and DHL. It would be the perfect one-stop-shop for all my shipping needs.

Kimberly from Red Door Gifts

Shipping software that actually makes sense!

The customer service is great... I have only had one instance where I needed assistance when I first started using the software. I save a lot on shipping and am able to pass the savings along to my customers - especially on international shipments.

Pros

It's FREE! There are no hidden costs and it provides the cheapest rates for USPS approved postage. Very simple to use. Imports orders from other platforms such as eBay, Shopify, and Etsy and returns tracking to those sites once a label is purchased.

Cons

There are no fees, volume commitments, or hidden costs - I have no cons to list.

Cherri from CJ Online

Industry: Online Media

Pirate Ship does not make you walk the plank!

Awesome. I do feel stupid sometimes when I ask a question when the answer is really obvious - but they put up with me! The one thing I highly recommend is that you really study the information on the cubic rates, if you don't you will be leaving money on the table.

Pros

It's free! It's easy! It's integrated with eBay and others and if it isn't, it's easy to paste in the info. Best of all, the priority rates are better, saving money is important when paying so much in fees to the seller platforms. AND their customer service rocks! You 'chat' with a real person and usually get an immediate response during the day or the next morning - that is gold. I've shared this program with everyone I know and they have done the same. It's that good! Thank you Pirate Ship!

Nathan from Education Management

PirateShip is Amazing

Pros

Their website is easy to use and quite capable, and their customer service is literally the best I've ever experienced. They even implemented a feature I suggested to them! If you ask me, they are by far the best way to purchase USPS shipping labels. Much better than USPS's own website, PayPal, or Stamps. I don't even know how they make any money since they certainly aren't billing us. We only pay the cost of the postage we use, which is the same or better than everywhere else. Even if their prices were the same as buying direct for USPS, I'd still use them because their site is so easy to use and their customer service is so superb. I think I've recommended them to several people already too.

Cons

It doesn't provide the most professional or business oriented appearance but it's also really refreshing that they are okay being different. If they really wanted to cover all markets, they could consider creating an additional brand for themselves that keeps the same system and amazing customer service, while perhaps changing the pirate theme to something a bit more business oriented. They could even add a multi-user system for companies. Even without making changes, I didn't think twice about suggesting them as a solution to replace the post office trips or Pitney Bowes for some of our other locations. They are seriously my favorite company of all time right now.

Angela from Brightsmith

The best value for postage

Pirate Ship is a fantastic alternative to other third-party postage providers, and is often the cheapest, especially for international packages. Customer support is pleasant to work with, and the software integrates seamlessly with all my online sales platforms.

Pros

Customer service is amazing. They're immediately responsive, and have always resolved my issue or answered my question quickly and effectively.

Cons

I had some issues with address formats and too-quickly recycled tracking numbers in the early days of the app, but these issues seem to have been resolved.

Phil from SaddleBox

Easy to Use, Great Customer Service

Pros

If you're new to shipping in bulk, PirateShip makes it easy to figure everything out and find the best shipping prices possible. And their customer service is awesome! They're friendly, responsive and helpful.

Cons

I wish there was a way to create additional "users" for my account so I could limit the amount that employees with access can (accidentally) spend on shipping. But maybe this is an option and I haven't found it yet :)

Easy Free Shipping at home!

I am able to print countless shipping labels from my printer at home. If I mess up an address, it's super easy to refund the label too! It walks you through everything!

Pros

I love that there is no monthly fee to use this service. Its fast, and easy to use.

Cons

I do not like that it's called Pirate Ship, however it grows on you.

Kaitee from Moon Body Soul

Pirate Ship is AMAZING!

My shipping costs have not only gone down but my time printing labels has also gone down. I love being able to see all of my orders & their items in one place! I love the search & filter options. and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE CUSTOMER SERVICE! I have contacted them several times and they are always helpful, fast & friendly. I recommend pirate ship to every business I meet.

Pros

This software is so easy to use & has saved my company so much money! I love how fast I can get rates for multiple orders & it even makes custom forms a breeze.

Cons

I only wish I could highlight and categorize different orders with tabs or folders or colors. I would love to organize my international orders vs. domestic as well. Also wish I could see if something was marked preorder although I know this is due to a shopify issue.

Mari from Arimay.com

EASY to use! FREE to use!

My overall experience has been great. I've used Pirate Ship to create labels for different selling platforms I use. I use it to provide free shipping on platforms where the lowest shipping option on the platform is more expensive than if using PirateShip. I contacted customer service once for help and they responded back very promptly and friendly. I recommend it to anyone looking to save money.

Pros

I like how easy it is to figure out. The ability to import your sales from eBay is a fantastic feature that requires only the click of a button! Creating a label is very straight forward; fill in the info and purchase the label. It's easy to choose between 3 size options when downloading the label. The rates are great and the "Quick Rate Quote" has been more than helpful in getting an estimate on how and where to ship to. The ability to use th "secret" Priority Mail Cubic (Commercial Pricing) alone is a reason alone to like PirateShip.

Cons

Only thing I can think of is perhaps the lack of personal customization of your front page (I would like to hide/show past labels made) and lack of a confirmation prior to clicking "Buy Label"

Henri from moto-science llc

Pirate ship is great for e-commerce

lowest USPS rates now with International postage.

Pros

Easy to use, lowest USPS rates for little stores.

Cons

The database on the "SHIP" page is a little strange. It should default to latest orders or shipments but it does not. It can take several refreshes to get the orders in descending chronological order. Sometimes it displays correctly and sometimes it displays orders from the beginning of the year. This is the most important page in Pirate Ship, I suppose it will be worked out in time. I used Endicia before and Endicia does this perfectly.

Melissa from Metals & Pieces

A true shipping life saver!

I don't think it's possible to be happier! Plus their customer service is outstanding! When I initially got started they sent out a "how's it going?" type email. I sent back that I was super happy with their product and service, and I even got a response back! No complaining or issues--just a "great job" type response from me, and I still got a response back from them! That's nice customer service. I will recommend Pirate Ship to every person I know who considers going to the post office!

Pros

It's super easy to use plus they have an intro video on how to get started! They give me the same deals that I get through Etsy shipping for my custom orders and make my shipping life so much easier. The only thing that could make life easier would be a label printer (versus manually cutting and taping paper to my packages) and they can print on that too! You can guess what I'll be shopping for on Black Friday...

Cons

I would like to be able to enter in multiple shipping labels and then purchase them all at the same time. I'm sure they can do this and I just haven't taken the time to figure out how yet. I came to Pirate Ship when I was in a serious time crunch and everything else was so easy I'm not going to worry about this. I see on the main screen that you can integrate with other sales programs (Etsy, Woocommerce, Shopify, etc) to pull order info, and also that you can upload your shipping orders via spreadsheet--I just haven't taken the time to learn how yet.

Lisa from The English Ivy

A Must for online business

I love it! I use it every day and it saves me money. I print postage goofor etsy and eBay, soon to be Amazon and shopify all from one place. Great time saver

Pros

-Cheapest postage I can find -no fees! -very easy to use -syncs with multiple sales channels -superb customer service -automatically imports order info and exports tracking numbers -can pay for postage with a credit card

Cons

You can't edit addresses that are automatically imported, but if you need to change an address you can just create a new label from scratch without using the import

NATALIE from KILLER BLING

Should have switched to Pirate Ship sooner!

SAY YES TO PIRATE SHIP! Don't delay!

Pros

Pirate Ship is so easy to use. I can't believe I wasted so much time waiting in line at the Post Office. Now I can print labels at my own convenience and drop them off at the Post Office (skipping all the lines). What's even better than that? The cost! On small packages, I save almost $1; on large ones about $4!! It adds up. I wished I started using Pirate Ship sooner. I've told my friends who ship regularly to switch too! You should too!

Cons

I wish that when I make multiple purchases in one day that it would be debited from my bank account once instead of all the small little debits.

Mike from Shaker & Spoon

Absolutely fantastic, wish I'd found them sooner!

Better rates with a much easier to use platform!

Pros

Pirate ship is amazing. It's super easy to use and intuitive which is a breath of fresh air after our last shipping program. Their rates are great and you can compare them without signing up at all. Their customer service, so far, has been really wonderful as well, they're super responsive and know what they're talking about. I honestly can't recommend them enough, especially if you're a Cratejoy merchant!

Cons

I'd love a better emailing system for customer notifications. I'm overall very happy and don't have a ton to complain about. They seem to be building/improving constantly too!

De from Bonjour Jolie

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Saving my company money everyday

We pay far less than usps and other companies prices. Recently they lowered our international rates, to save is even more! Their customer service is top notch amd they are always available to help.

Pros

Ease of use!it is one of the most simplistic interfaces on the market.

Cons

Nothing, it seems to just get better and better.

Water cheaper than paypal

Pros

The cost Is a lot cheaper and ease of use

Cons

If you don’t have google print you have to download the file then open with an app then print. A lot of steps

Kevin from Adults & Crafts

The crew are the best! Couldn't be happier

They even switched their CC category for ME to help get extra CC points!

Pros

There is no upcharge at all, the platform is super easy to use, and customer service is top-notch. TOP!

Cons

Would be great to eventually get more than USPS as shipping options, but for now, it is so good, thanks!

Tammy from Beaver Street Fisheries, Inc.

Industry: Food Production

Best Shipping Option for the $

This program has made my annual process of shipping so much less complicated and time consuming!

Pros

I love that you can either enter a single label for shipping or you can download a spreadsheet for shipping multiple packages, especially if they are all the same size! Also the fact that customer service and answers to questions are immediate and thorough. Oh and I LOVE the tracking information that I can go back to over time - I have used that feature as well.

Cons

The only thing I would change is to give an option to select a different payment method when entering the shipment information rather than having to go to settings to select. Several times, in the frenzie of shipping, I have used the wrong payment method for shipments, which was easily corrected with reimbursement.

Justin from The Wizard Pressing

Fast, Freindly, Easy to use, and CHEAP!

This program is amazing it really has relieved me of many hiccups due to shipping. It makes my business faster and more efficient with no snafu due to over or undercharging my customers and the tracking system makes it so easy see my customers parcels without having to go to a website and enter the longest number in history.

Pros

This is super intuitive and easy to use for a small business like myself. I dont have to wait in line or use a clunky, buggy post office system to get my packages out any more. Takes ANY guess work out of shipping. Oh and did I mention the rates? It's not only easy to use it makes your shipping not eat your wallet as I have experienced from other third party shipping. TOP NOTCH!!

Cons

At the moment I currently have no issues, the only thing I can say is just my learning curve in the beginning.

Danielle from Smart Happy Coffee Co.

Lifesaver for a tiny at home business trying to ship with the speed and convenience of Amazon!

I'm helping my downline team to get set up to save money on postage and ship from home, without having to invest in a monthly fee, without having to prepay for their postage and being able to get the best price no matter what it is they're shipping.

Pros

I am SO glad I finally found the perfect solution for my postage needs. I love that there is NO monthly cost, there is no required minimum postage prepayment amount, and I get the absolute lowest price on all of my postage needs.

Cons

I would like to see the ability to upload a csv file of my current address book of customers, so that they'd already be in the system.

Mia from My Lemon Crate

The Best Shipping Option for Businesses Who Like to Save Money

I have been using PirateShip since they launched and have been so happy. The rates are the absolute best, the integration is seamless, and their customer service is exemplary.

Pros

Easily integrates with many ecommerce sites Best shipping rates Multiple options for packaging Allows you to copy/paste addresses Allows you to copy tracking info Automatically imports order info

Cons

Doesn't integrate with WIX [yet], but I'm sure they will soon.

Rachael from Takeout Kit

What were we doing before Pirate Ship?

Pros

It's free! And they get way better USPS rates than we can get on our own. We've remodeled our fulfillment system to partner with Pirate Ship. Customer service is responsive and the developers are open to suggestions. We've even had a few of our wish list items added to the functionality.

Cons

Some integration weaknesses like communication of fulfilled orders between Pirate Ship and Shipstation. We still have to use Shipstation to record our shipment records but I'm sure they are working on improvements. Can't eliminate Shipstation quite yet though...

Helen from Books Gone Viral

Best shipping service ever!

I really love pirate ship. It has saved me money and time.

Pros

I really love the rubber stamps on the labels. This has helped me immensely and have not sent out any incorrect packages since I have started using pirate ship.

Cons

The only thing that I don't like about it is the inability to just go back and make a correction on a package before printing. Usually, I have to cancel the label first then go back.

Julie from Sparkle Hustle Grow

Long time Pirate Ship fan!

I'm able to easily run my shipping labels at a great cost!

Pros

The ease of use and compatibility with the other softwares I use! Its just a few clicks to get my labels done and my fulfillment center particularly likes the sharable links to send them my labels!

Cons

I'd like to add a logo to the labels but since I've not asked their customer service about it, I'm not sure - it might be available.

Cheryl from Ballet Gift Shop

Great Value and Customer Service!

Pros

LOTS: 1) I can connect multiple online shops in one account and it automatically posts the tracking info back to the shop (i.e. ebay, shopify, etc), 2) I can print various shipments all at once (hooray for this recent update!!), 3) Customer service is super responsive and friendly, 4) The developers are always improving the software, 5) Last but not least, it's free!

Cons

Before today, my least favorite thing was the fact that I couldn't print multiple labels for varied packages at one time... but they've just released an update making this possible. Now my only minor complaint is having to go through their print dialog and then through Chrome's (or other browser's) print dialog before printing... Would be nice to have that just be one step to save on mouse clicks and time. Again, this is minor now that the option to print multiple labels at once is available!

Michelle from Retail

Easy and great savings

Pirate Ship is easy to use. They are always improving . It saves me money. When I have a question it always is answered fast and friendly. It is answered by a person in the US not someone reading of a script ! It also puts a smile on my face at times with all the pirate references.

Pros

It is free and it saves me a lot of money.

Cons

I like everything. I would love it if I could import orders from Bonanza and True-gether as well.

Teresa from Lost & Found Antiques / Legends Action Figures, Toys and Games

Pirate Ship is my go to site for Shipping

Needed a place to be able to print labels from items we sold directly and on Mercari and Facebook, also doing more and more of my eBay transactions using Pirate Ship, simple to use, best rates and yes it honestly is FREE! No hidden fees.

Pros

Best rates, offers cubic rates, ease of use, quick response, can like eBay account directly. Use Pirate Ship for all of my Mercari and Facebook Marketplace shipping needs. Nothing but positive to say about this site! Best of all it is FREE, yes FREE to use!

Cons

Not a thing, everything is easy to use and works great

John from Bowtique Emilee LLC

No hassle shipping at the best price

They seem like a really cool company. We get e-mails from them in pirate-talk... Cute!

Pros

Pirate Ship integrates seamlessly with Etsy, which is what we use it for the most. On average we are able to save 5% on our USPS Priority and USPS Priority Express shipping costs with just a few extra clicks. It does not integrate with our website's cart software yet, but the user interface is quick and clean so it's just a matter of cut and paste to get the labels printed.

Cons

Billing is done in chunks of $50 or less, which means your money is tied up in intervals of $50 or more. For us that is a couple days of spend - not a big deal but may be for others.

Response from Pirate Ship

Replied December 2018

Ahoy John! Thank you so much for the kind review! I just wanted to point out that by default, Pirate Ship only charges you as you buy postage. You set a 'Minimum Payment Amount' on your account to reduce the number of payment transactions ;) this is totally optional.

Great Prices

Love the money that I save using Pirateship! It's easy top use and has great customer service.

Pros

So easy to use and great prices, I save a ton of money on shipping.

Cons

I would love be able to see money spent monthly

Amazing!

I love this software. I used stamps before and Pirate Ship is better! It's free and has the same features as stamps. Customer Service is very fast and are very helpful. I love this service and won't ever go back to stamps!

Pros

I love that this software is free to use. It is super easy and amazing.

Cons

I don't like that I cant import the weight automatically from my scale but it's not a huge deal. I also wish I could choose the packages and click pick up without manually entering how many packages I have for pickup because sometimes I have a lot to count.

Amanda from Gracious Rose Boutique

THE BEST!!

Pros

Everything! I have tried stamps.com, USPS, and PayPal shipping so I have tried others over the years. I love pirate ship the best because it easily syncs my Shopify orders and It does most all the work for mine. I also love that it charges as I go so I do not have to keep adding money to an account. Customer service is great if you need anything as well. Oh and don’t forget they get you the cheapest rates out there so you will save.

Cons

If I would say there was a con it would be that it makes me open a separate page to print the label but it’s not really a con to me at all just an extra step, I wouldn’t say there are any “cons” with this app.