All Pirate Ship Reviews

Alexandria

Retail, 2 - 10 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed November 2020

Easy to use and saves money

Kirk

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Best e-commerce shipping platform for small businesses

I can't recommend Pirate Ship enough. Pirate Ship has saved thousands of dollars in shipping costs and made running multiple e-commerce businesses so much easier. You can manually enter orders or integrate with Shopify and other leading e-commerce platforms so orders flow in automatically. Pirate Ship has the most responsive and most helpful support staff of ANY company I have ever worked with.

PROS

Can print labels on Pirate Ship within minutes of signing up. Amazing customer service. Great discounted shipping rates, both for the US and abroad - especially the Simple Export Rate for shipments under 4 lbs worldwide.

CONS

During bulk fulfillment, if you make a mistake uploading a bulk order file it can take 1-2 minutes to cancel the import. It's understandable, but slows things down when you're in crunchtime prepping orders.

Reason for choosing Pirate Ship

$0 monthly fees and access to more options for international shipments.

$0 monthly fees

Reviewed October 2019

Great for small businesses

PROS

Pirate Ship was suggested to me because I was getting frustrated about shipping costs outside of paypal and PayPal has started to restrict your use of their labels unless the transaction went immediately through them. As an artist who sells merch, this was frustrating. Pirate Ship has comparable rates which is awesome, and their interface is much easier to use. PLUS, I found out they have microshipping for Global shipping, where they can activate much lower rates for your international order. To my knowledge, they're the only free shipping site who can do this.

CONS

My only con is that the global shipping perk is something I had to figure out from a friend and message them about as it's not set by default nor is it easy to find information on.

Pirate Ship is free.

Reasons for switching to Pirate Ship

PayPal didn't let me ship products that weren't sent through them.

Crystal

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed February 2019

Print Shipping Labels at Commercial Rates

I had seen a lot of good reviews about Pirate Ship, so I decided to give them a try. I needed to print 12 labels for orders I needed to ship. Pirate Ship was extremely user friendly when I was entering the information for the label. I had an issue with one label and had to request to void it. I had no trouble doing so. When I was finished with the labels, I was able to easily print them out and print a SCAN sheet as well. The clerk at my local post office does not require the SCAN sheet, but it makes shipping a large number of packages much more efficient. I liked that I was able to see a list of the labels I had printed with the tracking numbers. I could click on an individual tracking number and quickly get the status of the package. At that point, I considered making Pirate Ship my go-to shipping service. However, I had noticed when purchasing postage, I did not see an option to pay for all of the labels at the same time as I had experienced with other services. The next day when I went to use my debit card, it was declined in spite having sufficient funds available. I called my bank and learned that my card had been looked for fraud due to Pirate Ship processing an individual transaction for each label.

PROS

I can print one or many labels. There is no subscription fee. The interface is the most user friendly I have experienced. I can easily print a SCAN sheet to go with my labels for ease of shipping. I can see the status of my packages without having to look up each individual one on the USPS website.

CONS

Pirate Ship charged my debit card individually for each shipping label that I purchased. The one day I used it, I had 12 labels. This resulted in 12 individual charges to my card and caused my card to be locked due to a fraud alert being placed by the bank.

Ahoy Captain Crystal! I'm so sorry to hear you had trouble with your bank locking your card :( Just head to Settings / Payment Method and set a "Minimum Payment Amount" to load your account balance up, instead of paying as-you-go ;) If we can ever help out just let us know, we're always available on chat or email! ARRrrrr, Pirate Ship

Replied April 2019

Jill

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Pirate ship Love

Overall, I have been and will continue to use Pirate Ship for as long as it is available.

PROS

Pirate Ship makes shipping my packages so simple and straightforward.

CONS

I do wish I was able to import all of my marketplace sources into Pirate ship as I can with Veeqo. Such as Amazon or Wal-Mart.

Reason for choosing Pirate Ship

The ease of use and affordability.

Mahlon

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Great easy way to ship packages for small businesses

Everything is great with the exception that it doesn't include options to ship via FedEx.

PROS

Easy to use. Pay only for labels you print when you print them. None of this prepay stuff like some of the competition.

CONS

I really wish they would include FedEx shipping to their options.

Reason for choosing Pirate Ship

Best fit for small businesses

Reasons for switching to Pirate Ship

Much better way of doing business and no precharging .

Reviewed March 2022

Great International Rates

Simple Export rate, when turned on save us and our customers money with affordable international rates.

PROS

Easy to print shipping labels with no monthly fee. Ability to connect to my ecommerce site to import orders for shipping. Pirate Ship's simple export rate for international shipping is extremely cost effective and worth contacting them to have it turned on for your account.

CONS

Not fond of the user interface. Feels clunky and could use improvements.

Reason for choosing Pirate Ship

I mainly use Pirate Ship when shipping international since the simple export rates are low.

Joseph

Arts and Crafts, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2020

This IS the bottle of rum you're looking for!

Amazing experience. The staff reaches out and is very helpful. I muddled through trying to figure out other software and learned Pirate Ship's software in about 10 minutes. I love Pirate Ship!

PROS

Pirate Ship has made it super easy to do what I need to do in order to get packages out the door and to my customers in a timely manner. No more waiting in line. No difficult setup. No exorbitant fees to use the service. A great tool for small business people.

CONS

It doesn't have as many options as some other software, but it's ease of use makes up for it.

Reason for choosing Pirate Ship

They're expensive and complicated to use. I canceled my free trials without even purchasing anything.

Reasons for switching to Pirate Ship

They just make it way more complicated than it needs to be to purchase postage.

5,001-10,000 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed August 2021

Pirate Ship is the Cheapest, Best Option

I am a convert when it comes to shipping packages through Pirate Ship--they are my first (and only) stop when I need to ship a package domestically in the US.

PROS

First and foremost, I came to Pirate Ship because of its low prices for my domestic package shipping needs. I had first heard about it through the hobby board gaming community, but have since used it to ship numerous packages around the country. Its interface is easy to use and its prices are always cheaper than going straight through the USPS as an individual consumer. It has now become my go-to.

CONS

I was completely satisfied with my Pirate Ship experience and have very little to complain about. If they are able to get volume discounts on UPS and/or FedEx in addition to their low USPS prices, it would make it an even more flexible and powerful shipping tool.

Reasons for switching to Pirate Ship

I switched to Pirate Ship because their low prices are unbeatable when compared with direct consumer access to USPS, UPS, and FedEx.

gil f.

Arts and Crafts, 1 employee

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed September 2020

Amazeballs Service Provider

Easy to use and great pricing. I like the catchy advertising and branding.

PROS

The pricing on this software is pretty awesome. I gave this a try and was stoked that pricing was much cheaper than the postal service options that I was using for etsy.

CONS

As of right now I don't think their is nothing to not like about this service.

Reasons for switching to Pirate Ship

The pricing was too steep and this software has saved me a lot of money.

Sebastian

Biotechnology, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2020

It Just Makes Sense!

Postal bliss!

PROS

Super simple and easy to use interface. No cruft. No shiny gimmicks.

CONS

I wish they had an address book feature. Everything else is wonderful. Etsy integration is seamless!

Reason for choosing Pirate Ship

Stamps is a monthly contract and kind of a scam...

Joseph

Reviewed August 2021

Love Pirate Ship, Rrrr Matey

Overall, experience has been great. Customer service is responsive and downtime is only limited to USPS. Have recommended to colleagues.

PROS

No monthly fee, customizing of labels (especially generating return labels) is extremely easy. Saving templates also saves us a lot of time.

CONS

Does not integrate with Zapier. Once it does, I will have 0 complaints or suggestions.

Reason for choosing Pirate Ship

Ease of return label printing.

Reasons for switching to Pirate Ship

Price, ability to print return labels easily.

Satin

Apparel & Fashion, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2022

Smooth Sailing

My overall experience with the Pirate Ship has been smooth sailing (pun intended). Pirate Ship is easy to use and is very transparent. I also love the fact that I can import orders from my Shopify store into Pirate Ship in order to print labels as well as create labels for packages outside of my Shopify store.

PROS

What I like most about this software is that it integrates with my Shopify store, shipping rates are affordable and printing labels are made easy.

CONS

What I like least about this software is if any errors are made with shipping labels, instead of being reimbursed immediately or being able to correct and reprint labels, you have to wait at least 30 days in order to prove that the shipping label was not utilized.

Reason for choosing Pirate Ship

After learning that utilizing Shopify’s shipping option was not the best for me financially, I switched to Pirate Ship.

Reasons for switching to Pirate Ship

I made the switch from Shopify because I was losing money by shipping products, based on the fact that Shopify did not have the best rates. I also made the switch because instead of being charged immediately after purchasing labels, they were charged to my Shopify bill, which resulted in high monthly bills.

Vincent

Arts and Crafts, 1 employee

Used less than 2 years

It Does It All With A Small Catch

I used Pirateship for a long time before switching for another company, and the only reason I switched was to get access to more carriers. I switched to Pirateship from Stamps.com and never missed anything they offered, so if your primary shipping carrier is USPS the discount rate and the ease of use make Pirateship a perfect app for you.

PROS

I love how well it works, how easy it is to make a label, and how quickly you can get going. You can go from nothing to shipping fast, and it supports standard label formats (like 4x6) so you don't have to play games.

CONS

It only supports USPS. In the COVID era, USPS is not the most reliable and not having other options is handicapping to me. Also Pirateship does not support first class letter postage.

Reasons for switching to Pirate Ship

Stamps.com is great, but they offer you pretty much nothing AND charge you $17 a month for what Pirateship offers for free (aside from first class letter postage).

Kenna

Retail, 1 employee

Love Pirate Ship

I already work a full time job teaching an application tool to military personnel. I just too on two small business opportunities and I'm so excited to start these adventures on top of my regular job. I have two young boys so I don't have a lot of time. Pirate ship lets me create my labels, print them, and get pick ups from my house! Love I can avoid the post office and keep everything shipping out with ease!

PROS

Software is easy to use and I LOVE the Pirate theme! I love how I can schedule free USPS pick-up and avoid the post office all together! Printing works great with the Avery shipping labels. Rates are the cheapest found and 1-3 day shipping! Love Love Pirate Ship

CONS

Nothing. It just takes a little bit of playing with the creating a label. The first label I tried I messed up because I wasn't paying full attention but I was able to easily cancel the label and get refunded.

Reasons for switching to Pirate Ship

I heard from another business owner how great the rates were and how easy it was to use.

Mandy

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2021

The best

Overall my experience is amazing with them. I will never use another company to make shipping labels though

PROS

Super easy to use, you can even copy and paste addresses and it will fill in the appropriate format

CONS

I have never had any single issue using this software. I have nothing bad to say about Pirateship.com

Reasons for switching to Pirate Ship

Pirateship.com is free to use for any amount while shipping easy you have to pay for to get the better amount that you can ship

Truman

Reviewed May 2021

The best

While it is either the least expensive or tied for least expensive, the ease of use makes it my first choice for printing postage.

PROS

Very easy to use. Plus: it has an auto-fill on address: you type in part of an address and it shows all the possibilities for the correct complete address. If one matches the one you're looking for, you can have it automatically fill in. This is particularly useful for the sometimes-confusing addresses in England or Japan.

CONS

No problems - no complaints; I can't say anything bad about it because I can't think of anything bad about it.

No cash outlay

Much easier to use

Reviewed September 2018

I used to hate shipping labels now I love them, and save money while at it!

Ever since I started shipping with Pirate Ship I started saving money, by far, period. They have a variety of discounted rates not available through Ebay shipping labels. I can't believe how much money I literally threw away with Ebay labels. I have been using PS for about two years now and I remember only having an issue with an international label that for some reason didn't appear on my orders list, well I contacted PS and in minutes, literally minutes I had a real person (with eye patch and wooden leg I assume) in a chat window and informed me that Ebay was having some issues with International orders. Every time I have needed customer support they have been there for me. I always insure my shipments, I have only once had to make a claim because USPS was rough with my packages and the PS staff assisted me all the way through with the claim and it all got resolved to my satisfaction.

PROS

Easy of use like no other I have tried before it. It simply works, never crashes, always shows my orders as it should.

CONS

no support for FedEx, only USPS, which is fine as I mostly use USPS but it'll be nice not to have to use the overly chaotic FedEx website.

Michelle

Internet, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2021

Absolutely Love Pirate Ship!

Overall, Pirate Ship is the only shipping service I would use, despite the fact that they don't integrate with Mercari. In the past year and a half that I have been using Pirate Ship's shipping services, I have had no problems and have saved tons of money from their discounted prices. The convenience and ease of use has played a vital role in the ultimate success of my store. The pros outweigh the one con, and because its a free service, you can't beat it. I have been using Pirate Ship's discounted shipping labels for all my shipping needs, and don't plan on changing that anytime soon.

PROS

Pirate Ship is not only the most useful software I use for my business, it is also free to use which is a fantastic opportunity to experience professional shipping at no cost except for the cost of postage

CONS

I wish they would add more online marketplaces to their integration list. I ship more with Mercari than any other marketplace, and they are one that doesn't integrate with Pirate Ship so that is frustrating

Reason for choosing Pirate Ship

Discount Prices and so simple to use

Pirate Ship offers cheaper prices than USPS