All Workday Adaptive Planning Reviews

Robert

Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed March 2016

Adaptive provides meaningful insight into our financial data!

Using Adaptive is a great experience! It's easy to learn, and once you try it, you will love it. I can forecast monthly , quarterly or whenever I like. Because my operational metrics, which drive our revenues and expenses, are also in Adaptive, I feel we get closer to our actual's each month. We have simplified our monthly reporting process from 6 days, to about an hour and a half. That extra time can be used to analyze the data, which is much more rewarding than ticking and tying numbers to a report. Our dashboard is solid and tells a story for our leaders. I love it!

PROS

Ease of use Speed (refreshing and processing) Automatic load of our financial data using a connector Office Connect - an excel add in that allows me to run my financials in an instant Adaptive Insights support personnel are amazing! I get a call back very quickly if I have a problem, and I don't feel like I'm being rushed when I ask other questions

CONS

The sheets, which display our data across time, would be fantastic if I could add a YTD column anywhere I like. I would like to see my sheets display some simple graphs, which would allow me to display trends pictorially while reviewing with my customers.

Sameer

Chemicals, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Adaptive User

excellent tool for forecasting, budgeting and reporting

PROS

Very easy to use and set up as well, also easy to able to be deployed across the business and user training required is minimal.

CONS

to start with it is cloud based and very easy to begin with

Reasons for switching to Workday Adaptive Planning

Cost were less compared to what was we need at time of evaluation

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Sophisticated, but slow software

The actual forecast model is very nice, but I wish the software could be more user-friendly, and faster.

PROS

Adaptive Planning is very sophisticated. There are so many ways models can be created, and it supports so many different versions which I love. I can create a forecast for every single GL account for every different department of the company.

CONS

First, the software is very slow for a company at around 1000 size. If you make even a slight forecast/formula update, it can take 30mins to an hour before you can start using it again. Also, the formulas are very difficult to learn. The formula assistant feature definitely helps, but the way the formula is structured, it's almost impossible to use without the assistant.

Krystyna

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed January 2019

Adaptive Insights impresses even more than expected

PROS

Our employees were used to working with Excel spreadsheets. We considered such an approach not completely effective, so our choice turned next to Adaptive Insights. There are no restrictions on the size of the documents. This program is synchronized with other applications, including such important for us solutions like SAP and Oracle. We like the high accuracy of the reports we can create on the tool’s base. It is also important that all data are in one place and don’t require much effort for their processing and analysis. Adaptive Insights is a multifunctional tool with a robust and well-thought-out suite of features. This application allows our employees to track finances, budgets, sales, resources, and labor contribution. With its help, our company’s managers are also able to collect divergent data, make various kinds of reports, build models, and make optimal business decisions.

CONS

It would be better if Adaptive Insights had an opportunity to filter for specific months while working with spreadsheets. This lack of functionality makes our work a bit confusing sometimes. We wouldn’t mind adding more advanced features to the planning tools as well. We believe it would behoove this product if it had several tutorial videos on how to use it to the full extent. Even though we find this tool user-friendly, it doesn’t mean at all that it is so for every company.

Brad

Biotechnology, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2016

Outstanding Planning and Reporting Platform

We plan at a very granular level, and Adaptive's formulas and overall approach to modeling has made this tool a pleasure to work with. Like any new tool, it took our team a little bit of time (~3 months) of getting used to it, but this is simply a tool we can't live without now. In addition to the feature set, the customer support is outstanding. Very responsive to questions and highly knowledgeable on a variety of topics.

PROS

Feature set is very strong. Customer support is among the best in the industry. Highly responsive to detailed technical questions.

CONS

Like any new platform, it took our team a few months after go-live to really utilize the power of the tool, but now it simply a resource that we can't live without.

Joel Neil

Media Production, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed August 2023

Powerful

It helped us to give real time reports to management that helped them to get financial planning solutions.

PROS

Very easy to use reporting and real-time consolidation that helps planning ahead. Mostly used for reporting to high management, and each time it provided fast and amazing solutions. Has lots of features.

CONS

Limited customisation and overall pricing could be the only con but works really well with large companies.

Kevin

Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ employees

We've had great experiences and success with Adaptive Insights

We're a large corporation with multiple lines of business. Our main goal was to simplify our annual budgeting process; to make it easier on the end users, give them ownership of their budgets and to cut down on the time it took to put the whole budget together. Adaptive exceeded those expectations. Overall it's been great and I would highly recommend it.

PROS

Easy to implement and maintain. Easy for end users to understand how to use the software and the models. Give you instant access to "the whole picture". OfficeConnect is great for reporting.

CONS

Some admin functions are still a little tedious. The built-in reporting module needs some upgrading, but it's adequate.

Manny

Non-Profit Organization Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed November 2018

Great Analysis

It's a great tool and it's meeting a lot of our deadlines for forcecasting. Saving valuable time and dollars.

PROS

software is very productive for forecasting and doing deep financial

CONS

Learning curve, it's not that easy to learn and you have to get used to the product. Can be more user-friendly and there can be more improvements. can be expensive for some users.

Przemek

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed April 2023

Workday for company data management

Overall I am satisfied because Workday gave me all that I wanted to have in relation to my personal data or company data. Even thought it was hard at start to navigate and find my self in the tool but after some time it is a pure pressure to work with Workday data.

PROS

We have all data related to our job in one place where we can work with them and put them to analysis.

CONS

The navigation is sometimes hard especially when the dashboard have a lot of information.

Lenny

Maritime, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed February 2016

Working with Adaptive Insights is a breeze

We have been using Adaptive Insights for over 4 years. So far we are a happy camper. We are happy with our investment and choice. Adaptive greatly cut down our time in deploying and completing our annual budgets.

PROS

- Quick and easy to consolidate all accounts for all business units - Status tracking is made easy - Superb customer services

CONS

Would love to see the changes in future releases: - Ability to import formulas rather than having to manually set up 1000+ formulas in Adaptive; - Ability to line up notes in reports

Nick

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed August 2017

Adaptive has created a tool that is easy to use and provides value almost instantly.

PROS

I love the ease of creating a budget and the ability to quickly create a new forecast. Adaptive has created a formula wizard that is similar to excel, which makes it easy for excel based planners to easily adapt. Adaptive also has an excel interface for reporting, OfficeConnect which makes reporting even easier. They have also created an upload feature to easily maintain your hierarchy, dimensions and attributes. For a company as large as ours it makes the maintenance of the system easier. Since Adaptive is Cloud based there is no sharing excel files. I can work with anyone in my organization from anywhere and we are all able to access the same file. Since everything is housed in Adaptive we are able to collaborate easier and make better decisions.

CONS

There is always room for improvement and Adaptive is always listening to its customers. There are some features that make reporting a little clunky, rollups. They recently updated the reporting tool within Adaptive, but it doesn't seem as user friendly as the older version. Hopefully over time it will be easier to use.

Rob

Used free trial

Consistency and savings through use of Adaptive Planning

When I started in my role as Manager of FP&A with an agricultural inputs company, one of my first tasks was to move our planning and forecasting processes away from Excel workbooks. Trying to manage P&L's for 200+ retail locations and departments, combined with nearly 2,000 employees, during a high-growth period proved to be challenging, to say the least. Adaptive Planning has streamlined our planning and forecasting cycles and helped us to standardize metrics, reporting and analysis. Through the use of multiple versions, we have the ability to compare plans, forecasts and actuals across the organization. My only regret related to Adaptive Planning was the timing of our implementation. We started our implementation in late-July and finished in October, which coincided with our annual planning cycle. We survived, but I would not recommend this timeline! Pros: 1) Implementation was relatively quick (even though we implemented during our annual planning cycle). 2) Affordability compared to other SAAS and on-site alternatives. 3) Flexibility allows us to mold portions of the product to our needs. 4) Customer support is excellent and timely. 5) Tool can be maintained by Finance; IT involvement is not required for installation or maintenance. 6) Ongoing product enhancements continue to improve this product. 7) Office Connect allows for creation of templates in Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Updating with current results is a simple refresh button-click. 8) Attributes and dimensions allow for unlimited slicing/dicing of organizational data. Cons: 1) Only a single organization structure is currently available in a single-instance installation. This has caused some headaches, especially in the window of year-end close and progressing into a different organization structure in the new year. We have worked around this issue by utilizing level attributes to view our data in multiple structures. 2) The reporting side of the tool could be improved, including automating linkage to standard distribution/reporting platforms. For example, we use SharePoint for distribution of standard reports, but publishing reports from Adaptive to SharePoint is currently a manual process.

Carrie

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Improved Reporting

Our Budgeting and Forecast process has significantly improved and can be identified through the additional value added to each of our departments through customized, timely, accurate and flexible reporting. Additionally our Financial Analysts (system end users) have increased their capacity to provide more in-depth timely analysis to the organization and their support department especially with the drill down capabilities and customizing reports.

PROS

The System is easy to use, developer friendly and customizable

CONS

Reporting functionality within the system could be enhanced. We currently use templates created in excel to house formating or additional formulas that are not available in Adaptive but are requried for our reporting.

Steven

Non-Profit Organization Management, 501-1,000 employees

Adaptive Planning eval

We use Adaptive Planning as our primary Budgeting and Forecasting system. Many of the functions are intuitive, but requires some time to get comfortable with the many functions that are available. I would not recommend the native reports, as they are difficult to generate quickly and easily without formal training. But their Office Connect add on tool is a nice enhancement to have to generate more custom reporting and also provides some degree of automation once the linked cells are set up properly.

PROS

The software behaves like a specialized version of Excel, however is limited in other areas that requires data to be exported into Excel to analyze more extensively.

CONS

The native reporting is not that easy to use, would prefer better canned reporting functionality.

Gino

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Time Saver

Although it takes some dedicated time and experience to set this product up I would say it is the top time saving piece of software I have ever used. I was able to setup our company plan with limited assistance from Adaptive. The assistance I did receive was top notch and always available with short advance notice. I opted to use a Adaptive consultant and deal with her on the phone. The product has been nothing but a time saver. It pays for itself many times over on a monthly basis. Being a startup I am constantly running new spins and versions of the budget and there is no way I could run as many scenarios using just excel. Days worth of work are reduced to hours. Like I said, it pays for itself many times over. I currently run a static budget and forecast on a monthly basis. I also run a one year rolling forecast that I will easily roll into my 2017 budget at year end. I would not hesitate to recommend this product to any of my fellow finance professionals.

PROS

Easy to run scenarios. Copy the forecast and make changes as necessary. Reporting is a breeze and no problems to do all kinds of variance analysis.

CONS

It's complicated to get up and running. You need a dedicated resource to take the time to learn the product. I would say my biggest issue is the weak help manuals.

georgeta

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed February 2017

flow and transparency for FP&A

I've been using Adaptive since 2011, and I am fully satisfied with the Adaptive suit. Every year they are improving and developing the suit of services and product. I might be biased but the ease of use of the platform is really what's important for me. The flow and transparency of the data is equally important. I don't think I could be as good as I am when it comes to FP&A and reporting if it wasn't for using Adaptive.

PROS

everything- ease of use

CONS

none

Justin

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Great tool for budgeting

An excellent tool for budgeting once you have put in the time to learn to use it, you always have the feeling there is more to the software than you know how to use.

PROS

It is super flexible, allowing the user to enter costs by category, department/dimension/cost centre and easily switch between views. You can write little formula to budget by run rate, uplift by a percentage or similar to prior year phasing. You just need to learn a few rules.

CONS

It does not interface well with Workday itself, there was no way I could import staff basic salary into AP from Workday by department and employee for instance.

Mike

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed July 2016

Best Planning Tool Period

We chose Adaptive over competitors because it's in the cloud, it's customizable, and the price was right. It has improved every aspect of the FP&A function within our company. Our budgeting cycles are shorter, our data is more reliable, and analysis and reporting are more real time.

PROS

Easy user adoption. Customizable. Reporting is sophisticated but not complicated.

Sandy