Browse CleanMyMac X Reviews

Ravikiran from Incture

A Must have for Mac users

Pros

Something must have for mac users. Does the similar job as CC cleaner for Windows.

Cons

RAM utilization tracker feature looks not accurate

Mike from General Eclectic Limited

A great way to keep your machine in optimum condition

Pros

I use my mac every day - and couldn't work without it. CmM is easy to install and simple to use. Just a couple of clicks once a week and the app does it stuff, cleaning out all the trash cans, freeing up valuable space on my hard drive, checking for malware and basically keeping my machine running like new.

Cons

It's hard to think of anything the app doesn't do that I would need. Regular updates seem to keep it fresh and it's never let me down.

Reasons for Switching to CleanMyMac X

For a more robust, more reliable, more capable product with a better reputation.

William from Above the Grass Publishing

Industry: Publishing

Great Software for Mac

Pros

I use the software regularly to check for viruses and malware. I also use it to reset memory on my Mac. I like the way that it lets me know if memory is running low. It has also helped me see which applications use more memory. I have used the software several times to successfully uninstall software I no longer use. When I changed to a new computer, it was very easy to switch the registration.

Cons

No issues with the software. I replaced Norton with it and saw none of the disadvantages.

Reasons for Switching to CleanMyMac X

Norton slowed down my computer, wasn't easy to use on the Mac and actually was quite intrusive, let alone expensive.

Robert from Law Offices of Robert A. Kezelis

Industry: Law Practice

I quit

Impossible or extremely time consuming to move to the Bug Sur Mac.

Pros

While I kept an older Mac operating, it worked fine. But I migrated to iMac 2021 silicon chip and getting it set up was such a pain, I quit trying.

Cons

could not migrate to my new computer. Bye bye.

Reasons for Choosing CleanMyMac X

I don't anymore. I am quitting your program.

Mark from Marksman Design

Industry: Graphic Design

Want a happy Mac? Use CleanMyMac.

CleanMyMac X has become part of my regular computer maintenance. Not because I'm having issues, but because I don't want to have any issues. I set up a monthly reminder to make sure I run it and I'm always surprised but what it finds and fixes. I can't imagine having a Mac without CleanMyMac X.

Pros

I first purchased CleanMyMac at the recommendation of a colleague when I was having issues with my computer not going to sleep. Not only did CleanMyMac fix that issue, but it also fixed several other issues I wasn't even aware of. It also optimized my computer making it run much faster. The interface is very clean and user-friendly making the software very easy to use, even for people who don't know much about computers.

Cons

For some reason, CleanMyMac kept starting up in trial mode. I had to enter my registration info several times before it finally stuck.

Reasons for Choosing CleanMyMac X

I belong to several graphic/web design communities and asked for advice on the computer issue I was having. CleanMyMac was the most recommended tool. It was also mentioned as a great tool in several troubleshooting articles I read. With all the praise, I decided to give it a try and don't regret it.

Tim from TLC Marketing

Save Time and Money

This program saves me time and money and reminds me with out being intrusive to run a cleaning/scanning cycle.

Pros

I like that it not only keeps your Mac clean it also looks for viruses and spam ware. No need to purchase two different programs, this one does both.

Cons

I wish they was an option for unlimited licenses for multiple machines at a lower price.

Reasons for Choosing CleanMyMac X

Good value for the services the program offers.

Reasons for Switching to CleanMyMac X

Cost savings, and Clean my mac does not slow down my computer like Norton did.

Alan from The Lubrizol Corp

Industry: Chemicals

CleanMyMac is the best software for MAC

Pros

CleanMyMac is easy to use. I run it weekly to keep my MacBook clean and running at its maximum capability. I have use many of the other brands on the market but nothing compares to CleanMyMac. It is easy to install. I love it.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about it. It has everything I need to keep my MAC running efficiently.

Reasons for Switching to CleanMyMac X

CleanMyMac does not slow down the operating system. The other softwares hog processor power.

Allan from Good Company

Maintain and avoid pain

Pros

I welcome the peace of mind I get from this software - it is watching for uninvited viruses, cleaning out useless files and ensuring my MacBook Air is running at peak performance.

Cons

I have not yet found the software wanting. Perhaps a disk map showing file allocation after clean-up would be appreciated.

Reasons for Switching to CleanMyMac X

CleanMyMac is more comprehensive and was recommended to me.

Phillip from World Wide Realty

The best I've used!

Cleaning up my drive, making my MAC run as the day I bought it and protecting my MAC

Pros

It has saved my MAC, from battery life to running the wrong files or websites. Truly amazing

Cons

So far it has preformed to all my exception

Reasons for Choosing CleanMyMac X

The Reviews online said it all, no question it was a better product

Michael from Widget Financial

Flawless and Easy protection of your Mac!

Like most software for a mac: it just works. You can set it and forget it and it will let you know about updates, remind you to clean your Mac, and more.

Pros

It has an intuitive design that makes using it a delight. It's easy to find what you need to do, the reminders are super helpful and not intrusive, and it makes staying on top of your software updates a snap!

Cons

In all fairness, there isn't much not to like. It has a small footprint, runs from the taskbar, and is pleasing on the eyes.

Reasons for Choosing CleanMyMac X

The price and the ease of use.

Charles from Nstinctual Solutions

Run it Once and You will keep it Forever

This one program salvaged a 2015 Macbook Pro which was clogged, cluttered, poorly indexed, with multiple memory leaks. I've since installed it on all my Mac's (personal and business).

Pros

The simple complexity is perfect for my environment. I can quickly flush cache, file compare, update, uninstall, and run scans from a slick interface. Eliminate multiple scripts, terminal commands, time, and effort.

Cons

Some of the pesky notifications I wish was more customizable. However, for most users, I predict will leave all notifications on or turn off completely.

Reasons for Choosing CleanMyMac X

CleanMyMac has proven over the years how quickly they adapt to changes in OS versions (including beta) and Processors (Intel vs M1). Always advancing with positive product rollouts gives me assurance daily software tweaks will not impede productivity.

James from self

Industry: Writing and Editing

It's like brushing your teeth: Clean your Mac every day!

MacPaw was most helpful when I transitioned my old laptop to a new M1 chipped unit. Great customer support. Overall the product itself is the best single-point computer management tool I've come across. My computer produces revenue. Anything that saves time contributes to profit, and CleanMyMacX has been an efficient support tool.

Pros

Clean My MacX (and previous versions) is my go-to safety net. Easy to install and use, and easy on the budget. The dashboard give me a quick look at system status, and an easy path to opening the program. I'm a free-lance Technical Writer. My wife is an editor. We're constantly handling client documents which sometimes challenge available DRAM. Clean My Mac is a trusted resource that we run at least once a day in each of our machines. It's the fastest way I've found to clear allocated RAM and make room for more complex applications. The addition of a realtime malware monitor really made this a single-vendor solution for us.

Cons

As part of my work, I'm forever picking apart technical specifications for publication. I haven't found any shortcomings in the product, whatever.

Reasons for Choosing CleanMyMac X

Actually, Malware Bytes was put in service before MacPaw upgraded to CleanMyMacX, and incorporated the realtime malware monitor. Bytes doesn't provide the needed computer oversight/management function, and seems redundant at this point.

Danielle from Crossfield SR Limited

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Light and breezy

I use a combo of this and Gemini II to keep my Mac running in tip-top performance. CleamMyMac is often used for hard disk space retrieval on the go, malware detection in real-time and speed optimisation. I utilise the RAM freeing-up tool daily and that allows me to just keep the Mac running virtually all the time between macOS updates. Well, mainly that and a few other apps like amphetamine.

Pros

It sits in an inconspicuous place and just does its thang. I hardly notice until I think "oh wait, I want to clear some memory" and go ahead and click its menubar icon and jolly well do so. From this quick access point, there are other processes that are vital and on hand like freeing up hard-disk space and seeing what other resources are being used. It has never failed. It has so much more to it when I open the dashboard and start flicking through the options that I could spend all day fine-tuning and sometimes I have spent quite a long time getting even more space back and clearing apps that are redundant.

Cons

I have not one quibble. Its overhead seems tiny, I hardly notice it is there and yet when I need its full suite of tools they are immediately on hand.

Reasons for Choosing CleanMyMac X

No malware protection for a start and nothing much would ever beat that CleanMyMac X interface - stunning visually, very impressive; it does justice to my Mac.

Quaetapo from Health-Advisor

An essential product for any Mac users

I've used CleanMyMac for nearly a decade and wouldn't have a system without it. Always efficient, regular updates and a fun user experience – for such a dry area – make it my most valuable system tool. Not only does it help in my day-to-day productivity, it gives me confidence when I'm upgrading the OS and it has without fail extended the life of my laptop by 3-4 years. Over the last decade I've had 3 MacBook Pros and have only had to upgrade to take advantage of new technology. Throughout their life, CleanMyMac helped ensure their performance was excellent and things run smoothly.

Pros

This tool comes with so many great features and the user interface and menu bar dashboard make using it a breeze. To quickly free up RAM, run a system maintenance, check for malware, uninstall applications or see which files are taking up too much room, it's all there.

Cons

They've tried to extend the features to be a little too good. There iPhone storage feature is a waste of time, so I disabled it in preferences.

Reasons for Switching to CleanMyMac X

I migrated from Windows PC to MacBook and needed the confidence of having a system utility which System Mechanic provided. After researching and looking at the options, CleanMyMac was the clear choice.

Dave from Private Home Use

Industry: Security and Investigations

A must have piece of software for any Mac user.

Generally, I would not be without CleanMyMac. Although, to make it even better it would be good to have an anti-virus element, especially as there is a malware remover. The overall look of CleanMyMac is really good and gives you confidence that under the hood things are done well.

Pros

The main features are so valuable. Firstly the way CleanMyMac claims more space is my primary use, but cleaning the memory and daily routines are as impressive, and it is all in one application. The Malware removal is an added bonus.

Cons

The inspection of large files is a little disappointing and could be better. Yes, it shows you the larger files on your system, but I am guessing most users would have a good idea what and where they are and would deal with them accordingly. It could be better by giving more details about the file, and where there are duplicates even more details about the files would be so much more helpful.

Reasons for Choosing CleanMyMac X

The range of utilities and maintenance elements, was the attraction, and of course the feature to free up space.

Reasons for Switching to CleanMyMac X

Moving from a PC to a Mac gave me the opportunity to look at different software and different utilities.

Nancy from self

Worth every penny!

Pros

I've used CleanMyMac for years on both of my computers as well as others in our household. It has steadily improved over the years and is without a doubt the best program of its kind out there for Mac products. The ease of use is greatly appreciated though I'd be remiss if I didn't mention how aesthetically pleasing it is! Updates and improvements are automatic and always important. Great product!

Cons

In truth, I don't have any complaints. I used to use two other cleaners along with CleanMyMac to cover all functions but that is no longer necessary.

Reasons for Switching to CleanMyMac X

CleanMyMac is infinitely more thorough, user friendly and designed with a Mac aesthetic which may not matter to everyone but it makes me feel that this was designed exclusively for my MacBook Air and iMac.

Neil from Scolopax Pte. Ltd.

Clean My Mac

It just gives me confidence that my computers are working optimally and are also kept free from malware.

Pros

I use the software to regularly clean my iMac and MacBook pro. Since I first started using CleanMy Mac, at iteration 3, I have kept both machines at optimum performance. Version X now has many extra useful features including the RAM cleaning, the software updater and uninstalling is now so simple. I like most its ease of use and clear operator interface - no special skills needed to do some complicated tasks.

Cons

I cannot use it on my iPads or iPhones although I am assured it is coming. Gemini II can also be a bit intrusive.

Mitchel from Singularis

A Must Have

clean user interface excellent product

Pros

After years of trying to keep our work stations up to speed, this product solved all our issues. Installed on every employee and also personal units.

Cons

some features are unclear when or why to run

Reasons for Choosing CleanMyMac X

this was best rated and recommended by a friend

better quality

Krishna from Breathing LLP

Industry: Maritime

An amazing, must have product for your Mac

About two years ago , I suddenly started experiencing a number of issues with my Mac. It had slowed down considerably and it showed that I had completely run out of space on my HD ; a problem which would not go away even after I transferred virtually everything I had on my Mac. I tried every suggestion available on the net without any result. I was frustrated and vexed when I stumbled across CleanMyMac. Read some reviews and got myself the software . The results were absolutely amazing. Trust me , my machine was functioning as good as new after the first run. Very impressive. Ever since, I have run the software once a week and I am prompted to do so even if I forget. My daughter had similar issues, a year ago ( mainly with her Mac slowing down) and demanded a new machine. Gifted her a subscription to CleanMyMac and saved myself a lot of money. Value for money. Highly recommended.

Pros

Keeps my system clean, helps removes malware and bugs , removes junk that is taking up valuable hard disk space and improves machine speed.

Cons

None that I can think of particularly except perhaps that it does not integrate with other software.

Alan from Hawken home & charity

Mac Home Use

CleanMy Mac gives peace of mind on the protection aspect and the freeing up of RAM.

Pros

As my iMac has aged over the years, the usage of RAM required has jumped for reasons unknown, with regular prompts that its 16GB is running out of space. CleanMyMacX and previous versions are a simple and effective way of removing junk and freeing up RAM without having to instal upgrades.

Cons

I have no quibbles with the software and no improvements to suggest.

Reasons for Choosing CleanMyMac X

A seamless upgrade from the previous versions. Reputation is hard won, but once achieved it is a sparkling marketing tool.

Scott from Cumberland Marketing Technology

CEO

LOVE IT - TRUST IT! It's the first program I add when I upgrade equipment, and the last program I'd ever do without. Brilliant product!

Pros

My trust level is very high in CMMX. I love the fact that I don't have to worry about what's crept onto my drive; this program keeps it clean, healthy and protected.

Cons

It's got everything I can think of, and it keeps getting better!

Reasons for Choosing CleanMyMac X

1. Features. 2. Reviews. 3. Price. 4. Intuition - from everything I considered, my gut told me this was the right decision. And it was!

Jennifer from Jennifer Hess Fine Art

Industry: Fine Art

Keeps my Mac Clean!

Pros

What I like most about CleanMyMac X is that it provides a simple 1-click operation to check vulnerabilities, repair, and remove ‘junk’ files all at once, and that I can review specifically what files the app has identified for removal before the files are actually removed, keeping my Mac optimized and running great. I also like the attractive, and easy to understand user interface, and all the custom settings that allow me to make it fit my specific needs.

Cons

I can't think of any cons for this software.

Reasons for Choosing CleanMyMac X

I liked the product reviews, all the additional features, and the competitive price of CleanMyMac X over MacScan 3.

Reasons for Switching to CleanMyMac X

I had MacScan 2.9.5, but when securemac.com introduced MacScan 3, the price jumped considerably, so decided it was time to check out some alternatives.

Ari from SuperProf Ari Rando

Essential for every Mac

I've been a Clean My Mac user for years now and it's the first app your Mac will need since it keeps it running at its fullest potential.

Pros

The top menu is very, very handy, I can access a lot of information there such as my HD storage, internet speed, etc. I like it how it sweeps all the junk off my Mac. It does a pretty good job.

Cons

I'd say the price, I'd like to pay a little less but it's worth it for what it provides.

James from Nissan Americas

CleanMyMac X keeps my Mac running smoothly

Program is great. Customer service has been very responsive the few times I needed their help. They are one of my few regular subscriptions.

Pros

I enjoy keeping my Mac clean and organized. In addition, I use it to thoroughly install/unstall programs. Pro tip: don't download from the Apple App store though. Download from the website because when you install/uninstall programs, the website version is more thorough in cleaning up extraneous files that some programs install on your machine.

Cons

When CleanMyMac X suggests getting rid of old and/or larger files, it would be nice if the program could also let you know the pros/cons of getting rid of those files. I don't always understand the implications. In the past, I have deleted large/old files only to regret it.

Liz from Sutton Groupo

CleanMyMac X Review for 2021

CleanMyMac X runs seamlessly on my laptop. I click to have it check everything all at once. I highly recommend it.

Pros

I started using this app a few years ago and in the past year upgraded to the X version. Lots of improvements in the app. It's very easy to use. You can select what you want the app to clean, or you have the app clean the complete hard drive. It tells you what you don't need, checks for inaccuracies, makes suggestions, which you can opt in or out of, and generally just clean up all the junk files on your computer. Hands down - the best app I have on my Mac that I rely on to keep my Mac up to date.

Cons

In my opinion, there is no 'con' for this software. There's nothing not to like - it's all good.

phil from university of new orleans

Industry: Research

The great and good, and one irksome trait

Overall I've been pleased with how CMMX cleans up my Mac such that I can do my work in a more timely fashion. I've recommended CMMX to at least a dozen people.

Pros

I frequently use this software to clear my Mac of unnecessary memory eating junk, disable apps I seldom use, eliminate duplicate files, and generally smooth out how my Mac operates. CMMX is generally not clunky like other maintenance programs I've used, and its definitely faster than other products.

Cons

The one irksome trait that I've experienced with CMMX is that is generally very slow to open, and seems to bog my computer down to such a snail pace when opening. This might be because I am using an other MacOS, but it has always been slow to open.

Ratings, price and options

John from ETher NDE

Best solution for keeping my MAC in good shape.

Pros

Usefull features for me are ability to free up memory, clean up after apps after uninstall. smart scan to tune up your computer and real time malware protection. If you have a problem cusotmer support are really proactive insolving issues.

Cons

Can't really think of any downsides and if I've had issues cusotmer support has helped me out very quickly,

Leslie from Musical Freestyles By Leslie

Dependable, Simple & Thorough

I use very heavy, Apple based resources sapping professional software which would normally tie up even the most expensive computer after an hour or so into a project. CleanMyMac X helps me unload and refresh system resources.

Pros

It frees up CPU & temporary memory. Easily determines & removes system junk.

Cons

I wish I could SEE how it cleans and re-arranges data on the drive.

Not very effective.

Andrew from Wesleyan University

Excellent product

Pros

As an individual user, I find CleanMyMac very useful, effective, and easy to use. For me the most important features are freeing up RAM, clearing out system junk, checking for malware, and uninstalling unneeded or obsolete software. CleanMyMac does all those things very well.

Cons

I can't think of anything that needs improvement.

Mike from Personal

Might Be Able to Live Without It, BUT Don't Want TO

Used for personal purposes. I relate to like an anxious person might relate to Valium.

Pros

Full feature set is easy to invoke and very much enjoy ridding my OS of 3+ GB of junk at least weekly. Update Manager helps me stay on top of application updates and until I used LogIn Manager Was mystified by how to clean up all the stuff that others in their infinite wisdom felt I need to load each day (I didn't).

Cons

Many features need to give me more information before I'm confident to use them and others should, I feel, give me advice on what to do with the information that CleanMyMac points out. Links to the MacPaw site from the results page giving advice would be a REALLY BIG PLUS and eminently doable.

Craig from ProAV

Industry: Cosmetics

Super Reliable - Easy To Use

Pros

The way operations are set out very simply and clearly so that even the most tech-phobic might get their head around it. I use this at home on two separate MAC devices and will always run it before I start doing any work so I can be assured that the device is running to it's best capacity always.

Cons

Only a slight issue I have is with redeploying one licence over two separate devices. Obviously ideally I understand you would like people to buy another licence to use on a second/third/fourth device and that would resolve this issue but it's really the only least thing I like about the software which is still a pretty good piece of kit anyway.

Daniel from HeroAcademy.com

Helps me rest easy

Peace of mind, knowing I won't have any problems with my computer. It's how I make my living and if I have any issues, it would severely mess with me. Peace of mind ...!

Pros

I got it when I heard about people having more problems with Macs and viruses, etc. It's super easy to use, don't think about it, it reminds me when I should run it, and I do. Haven't had any problems whatsoever with my Mac or with the product.

Cons

I have to say I don't have any complaints at all about the software.

Kevin from Cinema Sound Design Inc.

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

Ram Cleaning

Read Above Cons. I've been using the program for at least 3 years now.

Pros

Easy to use, reliable Virus protection,

Cons

Doesn't clean enough ram to proceed with my work. I need to use another program after I use CleanMyMac X. Long Process to complete and secondary process needed to become operational.

Virus Protection

Kalai from Perkins Group Real Estate | COMPASS

Very happy and super satisified with how CleanMyMac X keeps all our Macs running smooth!

110% happy with and satisfied that it is doing exactly what it is supposed to do.

Pros

The software is super easy to set up and use on a regular basis. The "when needed" reminders are helpful and I love the option to search for giant sized files & when last accessed so I can figure out if I need to keep them, or move them to cloud storage (we use DropBox & love that too). I use this program across five Macs; two iMac's and three laptops and it is seamless.

Cons

I absolutely cannot think of anything I don't like about this software!

Reasons for Choosing CleanMyMac X

User interface, ease of setting it up, excellent customer service (when needed).

Rick from Rick Stringer Creative Services, LLC

Industry: Graphic Design

CleanMyMac X is one of my staples

I've used CleanMyMac on my Macs for several years now. I can not imagine working with them without it.

Pros

I love how it cleans old junk out of my Mac, and gives me more space to work with.

Cons

To be honest, I really can not think of any cons with CleanMyMac X. It does exactly what I need it to do.

Neil from University Of Strathclyde

Keeps things running smoothly

Pros

It’s always good to know that clean my Mac is running in the background, ready to perform maintenance which is increasingly hidden in apple’s settings.

Cons

The recurring subscription is a bit of a pain point, but I’ve never stopped renewing it

Jens from California School for the Deaf Riverside

CleanMyMac has been essential for my daily workflow without interruptions. Everything runs fast and smooth. This is the only software I use to maintain my Mac in top shape with full confidence.

Pros

I love how easy it is and quick to use.

Cons

It would be nice if it has Dark Mode feature.

Kathryne from Dementia Letters Project

Has Saved Me More Than Once

I have used CleanMyMac for several years now and it has been great. From keeping my computer running as it ages, to the excellent customer service I received the few times I have needed it, my experience could not be better.

Pros

I like to keep my technology as long as possible. This means that it can get a little cranky as it gets older and using CleanMyMac has helped me keep my tech running smoothly for as long as possible. It is also simple to install, use, and understand.

Cons

Not a fan of subscription model software. I think I might be the only one on this, but it makes my life more expensive, often for features, I don't use.

Todd from Self

Great Product for my Macbook

I keep my computer clean and running fast and I think cleanmymacX has a lot to do with that

Pros

User friendly and does the heavy lifting for me.

Cons

I never understood why I could run it every hour and have 250 plus mbs to clean

I always have used CleanMyMac X

Andrew from MSU

Solid app, good for everyone

Have had a good experience, will likely reup subscription

Pros

Ease of use and variety of services it provides.

Cons

Obviously paying for it is a negative but other than that, it's worth it.

more features, better product

more features, better product

Kyle from N/A

The One App You Need

It’s fast, comprehensive, and rock-solid.

Pros

It included every tool I could think of (updates, HD checks, log cleaning, etc)

Cons

It doesn’t offer all of the updates for the apps on my Mac. I have to update those manually.

It was recommended.

Jason from Southern Current

Industry: Oil & Energy

Best in Cladd

Fantastic

Pros

I love how the software completely diagnoses problems in my computer and frees up space for for future use

Cons

Sometimes it can be a little slow. Sometimes it crashes.

Reasons for Choosing CleanMyMac X

The ease of use and compatibility and updates

Richard from The Havens Motueka Ltd

Great tool to keep my MAC working well

Pros

My MAC is old - 2012 - so it needs a bit more TLC to keep tiperforming. Clean My MAc makes that pretty effortless for me.

Cons

I would love to have a more detailed file explorer to help remove large files / free up space. Finding duplicates, reorganising files when space becomes critical is a real pain in the neck!

Reasons for Choosing CleanMyMac X

Personal recommendations from a developer I trust.

Eliffio from E3 Comunicaciones SAC

The best optimizing tool for my mac.

We manage big files everyday and we need to optimize our disk space and memory regularly. That's the feature we love and use the most about CleanMyMac. For us, it's simply the best tool out there.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use CleanMyMac. It has a clean and intuitive user interface and great optimizing tools that just work. I don't need to do any manual/repetitive tasks to optimize memory, clean my disk or have a precise view of what's taking space in my computer. I just make a couple clicks and it's all done. Also, I don't need additional apps for different tasks. CleanMyMac does it all!

Cons

Nothing not to like. I had only one issue with my antivirus, but it was solved in a couple minutes just checking CleanMyMac's website and updating it.

Dave from The Juda Agency

Useful tool

Been using for years on all my Mac computers. Would not use anything else.

Pros

Keeps my system running at peak efficiency while protecting it from malicious software.

Cons

Nothing. Nothing. Just keeps getting better.

TOMMY L from Information Systems Solutions

sudo powers without the sudo hassle.

Any computer over time will collect temp files, downloads, installers and a host of other system junk just from day to day use. It is nice to be able to clean all this up without having to go through directories looking for extra files or opening up a terminal.

Pros

I work as a System Administrator on Windows and Linux machines. I use CleanMyMacX on my M1 Mac at home. The last thing that I want to do after patching systems and remediating vulnerabilities all day is to have to do the same thing on my personal computer. I use my home system for my creative projects which I really enjoy. I love that I can click a button and it will go through and clean up junk for me without me having to type sudo a million times to remove files etc. I love that when I use it to uninstall a program that it removes correctly and completely.

Cons

I honestly don't have anything negative to say about this software.

Billy from NeverSummerApps

Best password organizer

Used for years as the best and easiest product out there

Pros

Browser integration is clean and available as an extension on the three I use

Cons

Doesn’t always load a login page but goes to a home page

Works better

Don from Wershba Productions

Industry: Music

Best in class and has been for many years

Superb customer support amd when features are added they are always relevant - I love the menu bar feature for checkin my internet speed - saves me the hassle of having to use a separate app or online address

Pros

Consistent ongoing improbement to the product and it is always compatible with the latest Mac OS, which I keep up to date

Cons

I really cannot think of any - but a defrag feature might be nice for traditional HDs

Reasons for Switching to CleanMyMac X

CleanMyMac was superior in every way (aside from DriveGenius' Defrag feature, but that is no longer relevant as I now gave an SSD drive)

Michael from GaneyNPD

The cleanest of interfaces, and most powerful tool to keep you safe

Never an issue despite running it for over 3 years. It helps keep my Macs running smoothly and efficiently.

Pros

The graphical interface screams ease of use, but for a very seriously professional product. It reminds me regularly to run my scans, and the product is constantly being upgraded with improvements, not just new features.

Cons

Nothing. It works great and does what it promises with no tech experience required.

Reasons for Choosing CleanMyMac X

The graphic design and plain-English descriptions, coupled with rave reviews from other users, sealed the deal for me.

James from NS

Excellent Product (Benchmarking for Peers)

Exceptional.

Pros

While shopping, I neither found another product as comprehensive, nor with the same clean UI. CMM not only loads your bases, but also drives the process home.

Cons

It would be great if the memory maps and other features enabled reporting. It would be great to see such a detailed breakdown of how I use my memory in a clearly defined chart.