• Pros

• "I loved the fact that it was free. I loved the fact that they solved a problem for me with GoDaddy making things super difficult (as they do)."

• "CloudFlare is super easy to set up with and is full of features. Performance is exceptional."

• "Ease of use, requiring minimum computer knowledge. Great knowledge database. Great security features. Works great for both emailing and websites."

• Cons

• "The caching style is something of an acquired taste, it has tons of options but sometimes it only works when you delete all cache, for fast modifications and customizations turn it off"

• "It's sometimes hard to remember that changes won't show up, but that is easily remedied by clicking the development mode button."

• "The premium features are very helpful but locked behind pretty expensive monthly plans. I wish there was a lower bar for premium entry."

Browse Cloudflare Reviews

Hannah from Hello Design USA

Industry: Graphic Design

The best tool for web page security

Thanks to Cloudflare we have excellent security on the web pages, it works great and it is very easy to use it, the interface is excellent and easy to understand, totally happy with the results offered by this tool. and I would recommend to other people who use this service, since I use it there is excellent security and I can say that it is the best platform of this style and type that is why it is so successful and people use it.

Pros

It is a security tool for all the web pages that we manage, it offers excellent security and it offers free SSL certificate which is important so that each website visitor feels security and tranquility, also helps against DDOS attacks in an impressive way and is One of its strengths for which Cloudflare is known, its way of configuring is easy and the interface is simple and easy to handle. In addition to this it also has very good free options that all users can use.

Cons

I really have no complaints or I see significant problems, There are more solutions and utilities that Cloudflare gives than the problems that may arise in certain situations, if there is something to mention and that is when changing a configuration; these changes may take time to make, but basically it does not represent major problems since it is a safe and reliable tool that we can trust and ensure our safety.

Solved me a GoDaddy DNS headache

Excellent. The situation was that I was building a landing page for a client. I needed to connect their domain to my funnel builder and my client already bought a domain with GoDaddy. I could not for the life of me point the domain properly. I even engaged GoDaddy support twice to help me resolve it (wasting hours). I had a tech-savvy friend who recommended I try to bypass GoDaddy by using CloudFlare. He walked me through somewhat on how to use it, and it worked like magic.

Pros

Cons

Nothing not to like, I have not had much experience with it, but the single reason I signed up for a free account solved a massive headache for me.

Angelica from Netmundo

It used to be a lot better

It served me well for a very long period, but it never mitigated any of my DDoS attacks. It did helped me when managing DNS was a pain in the ass. BUt eventually I found out that it was slowing my website. Since I moved away from it and got separate services to do what CF used to (DNS, protection, analytics), I got way better services and faster sites.

Pros

It sure makes managing your sites's DNS and main configurations handy by centralizing them. It offers nice redirection features and a whole bunch of features like apps and protection, cdn, etc.

Cons

But the service has been packing so many features that though it looks like advantage when it's not.

Jay from Skunkworks Creative Group

Massive gains with little effort or cost

Cloudflare can be categorized as an easy win. We have been using Cloudflare exclusively for almost all of our agency's clients for several years and cannot recommend them enough. It can be setup in under 30min and provide measurable results and improvements to a domain's performance and security immediately. * More performant and cost effective than Google Cloud, or Amazon AWS offerings. * Ranks #1 on DNSPerf.io * Winner of Network World's "Managed DNS Shootout" The most consistent barrier to adoption for a client is usually the client's I.T. department with arguments along the lines of "GoDaddy's nameservers are good enough.", fears of a product they don't have personal experience with, or a fear of giving up total control of DNS.

Pros

* Extremely easy to use * Performant * Extremely generous free tier * Security * UAC * Effortless SSL * Effortless CDN * Overall better UX

Cons

* Support is via a ticketing system and can be slow when you're utilizing their free plan.

Lucas from MOM+POP, Ltd.

Amazing services and only getting better

I run DNS for all my hosting business through Cloudflare. The base-level firewall and caching keeps so much traffic from reaching my servers out of the box that I don't know what I'd do without it. Once you add in manually-configured firewall rules and specific cache instructions, both malicious traffic and legit requests overloading my servers drops even further. The API integration also allows me to add firewall rules based on alerts about malicious activity that I receive from things like fail2ban on my servers. This pushes the IP blocking one step further away from a single server and also protects my entire network of servers and sites from a malicious IP that has triggered a report from one server/site in the newtork.

Pros

Really fast updates to zone records Amazing firewall and DDOS protection keep server load under control Edge cache speeds TTFB and keeps origin server bandwidth low JS Workers are AWESOME and come with a great free tier Great admin UI

Cons

I exclusively use the free tier for 40 domains and I really can't think of a single thing that CloudFlare could offer at this price that I could reasonably expect to get for free. I would be sunk without the free tier and am totally grateful for all they offer.

Adam from Octopus Mobile

Non existing customer support

I have used their services for many years and would recommend them to anyone with the patience to find out all the available and very useful services on their own. My last, very frustrating experience has ruined the positive experience of previous years. I had to move the site back to the original hosting losing a significant amount of time.

Pros

I have to admit, when it works, it is an amazing solution to load your website quicker and get better SEO scores.

Cons

Generally, no support exists. I have sent 10 emails begging them for help with one of my website which suddenly had an IP issue. The site was down and not a single response arrived. 10 emails in 10 days. The worst customer service experience ever.

What i think of Cloudflare

Cloudflare has saved my business from over one million attacks since i started using it. It has also saved me a whole lot of bandwidth. Cloudflare is super cool.

Pros

Cloudflare's basic security features are totally free. Cloudflare also comes in with an effective anti ddos feature, a keep alive feature, a powerful cache system and a wonderful firewall settings, of which you can add your own firewall rules.

Cons

Its price. Cloudflare's pricing is for established businesses who can afford their premium services. If you can afford it, it is worth every penny. I personally have no major issues with cloudflare

Jorgen from ClickUp Project Management

Best reverse proxy CDN around

Cloudflare is a great tool to secure and improve the performance of any website. It may not be the right fit for large scale apps, but for 90% of apps, Cloudflare is a must.

Pros

Cheap pricing outside of enterprise Great caching and uptime performance Tons of security and performance features available out of the box

Cons

Pricing for the Enterprise plan is pricy Cannot have more than 5 load pools on a Business plan Support primarily shifts the blame on the customer when it's an issue on their end

Allen from Self-employed

The Best Hosting Provider

Cloudflare has helped me so much, majorly in increasing my site page speed and loading speed for my pages, as well made my site accessible by other network providers.

Pros

What i like most about this software is the easy accessibility provided to users whereby i can easily do the hosting and domain setup for my sites with ease.

Cons

Everything about cloudflare is cool, hence what i like least is that it does not provide enough hosting resources for free users except for premium plans.

Esther from Self-Employed

Industry: Information Services

Free CDN Services are Top-Class, With Upgrade Options Available

Cloudflare is one of the easiest and most feature-filled CDN services that is available today, and its free plan works particularly well for a lot of different use cases. If more features are needed, upgrade options are available and well-designed, but at a certain point these upgrade options become quite expensive and may not always be the best choice for all users. Additionally, because Cloudflare is not part of a larger solution, integration with other services is not always easy. Nonetheless, for most users this will be an excellent CDN, with a forward path accessible as needed.

Pros

Free plan offers a wide variety of useful features, upgrade options are well-designed, easy to set up for most use cases

Cons

After a certain upgrade point services become quite expensive and not always competitive, not as well integrated with other solutions as some other alternate services

Reasons for Choosing Cloudflare

Availability of a free plan with suitable features

Nearly every single site we set up gets run through CloudFlare because of it's security and control.

It's great knowing CloudFlare is protecting our site from DDOS attacks. Their caching features make pages load incredibly fast, and their javascript CDN makes our sites load even faster still. The instantly updated DNS settings eliminates any downtime, meaning our users never even notice the switch.

Pros

Once the nameservers are set up at the registrar to point to CloudFlare, DNS changes within CloudFlare are instantaneous. This is a huge deal when moving from one server to another. Having built-in SSL is another great way to provide peace of mind to our visitors. By essentially acting as a reverse proxy, it keeps our servers' IP addresses hidden from would-be attackers. Their bot and DDOS detection is legendary and their basic analytics are surprisingly helpful. A CloudFlare hosted CDN, cdnjs.com, has countless globally hosted scripts that make site building not only easier, but it also ensures the end results performs incredibly well. It's been years since I've set up a site that didn't have some CloudFlare feature built in.

Cons

I haven't had any luck with some of their automatic HTML/JS optimization features that involve rewriting the code. I can see how they would speed up page load, but I've often found they've broken my site. I don't really need that feature, so I'm not missing out, but if you're going to give it a try, make sure you test thoroughly, as you should be with any change made to a public server ;)

Rebecca from NITYA Software Solutions Inc

Excellent software to accelerate the response of our website

This software is really useful since thanks to it we can provide our audience with a website or applications that are always available, that is, no matter where you are entering, you can always enter the website quickly because the workload is distributed on several servers, also the entry will always be safe because Cloudflare also stops those attacks that may impair the performance of that site.

Pros

I like Cloudflare a lot because it is a software that helps to accelerate the responses given by websites or applications so that when a visitor enters the site they do not have to go through a slow process to access them, and this is because It gives us balanced loads so that it is not a single server that carries out the work but is distributed on several servers, in addition to providing fast websites it is also able to protect them against threats and bots so before these attacks come and this software has stopped them and the best thing is that it not only protects our website but also its visitors as it sends them alerts that let them know that they are entering from an already infected computer so the easiest way to to avoid that is that he asks that they carry out a captcha.

Cons

One of the drawbacks with this software is that when making changes to the website, such changes may take time to be reflected since this software saves the content in a static way.

David from Flywheel

Highly recommended firewall / CDN for all web sites, plus there is a great Free tier as well!

Overall experience with Cloudflare was really positive and given it does have a free tier and offers quite a few diverse features around security & performance, I recommend this software to all customers.

Pros

Cloudflare does a lot of different things for a web site, two of the biggest benefits is security and performance (often two things that don't always go together). Security - Cloudflare can be used to hide your actually site IP address which helps deter attackers, as well as the packet inspection that Cloudflare does and discards some attacks on your site. You can also reach for an 'Attack Mode' button which adds a Javascript verification prior to loading your site which will deter all bot attacks on your site. In terms of performance, Cloudflare is a large CDN provider with PoP's (Point of Presence) across the globe, so having content cached around the world seriously helps with site speed. Plus, Cloudflare has a really great free tier plan as well!

Cons

There is quite a lot of options in the interface, so can take a bit to get around and get familiar with. Also forcing SSL can easily get your website into a redirect loop, but with patience and a bit of Googling you'll get to the right settings.

Reasons for Choosing Cloudflare

Cloudflare has a great free option.

Andrew from NURV

Cloudflare is a “must have”

I’ve been using website caching providers for about 7 years now, and switched to Cloudflare about 4 years ago. I have not once looked back. For the money, CloudFlare is by far the best caching solution on the market. I use it on two websites, each with different needs, and am able to achieve very affordably what would have been a pretty expensive configuration a decade ago. The automation in CloudFlare makes it simple for anybody to use them. I have a technical background, but many of my clients don’t, and I’m able to walk them through getting set up and running with CloudFlare with very short order. I see myself being a CloudFlare customer for years to come.

Pros

The Cloudflare interface is intuitive and the software is extremely simple to use. The “set it and forget it” functionality is amazing, as it serves very much as an autonomous coaching solution once properly configured. Sure, you’ll need to tweak it from time to time as your website needs change, but that process is inviting and easy, even for people with less technical background. I also love the value that you get in even the lower-tiered price points. The DNS management is a huge bonus as well.

Cons

It’s hard to say something bad about Cloudflare, but if I had to play devil’s advocate, I’d say that there are maybe a few features in the higher tier packages that I’d like to see in the entry level plan. Most users won’t feel this way though, as my particular needs are a little more specific than most.

Alex from Esper Creations, LLC

All in One Solution for Website Speed and Security

Pros

The best feature about this software, in my opinion, is their trade marked Javascript delivery optimization mode: Rocket Loader. This feature enables asynchronous loading of all third party scripts loaded on your web page, drastically increase page load times. Our team enables this feature on each of our client's websites and always results in at least a 10% difference in page speed scores. Another feature that our company could certainly not live without is their dead simple firewall rule integration. A large majority of our clients only accept work locally or nationally, so any traffic coming from international sources is more than likely visiting with malicious intent. The country blocking feature in the firewall integration allows us to block this likely malicious traffic and decrease the odds of any security breaches into our client's sites.

Cons

The only annoyance I had while using this software was the 30 second delay when clearing the server cache. This is a very small issue since 30 seconds is certainly not a long time, but my patience is not great when attempting to debug or optimize page speeds. This problem can be solved by turning development mode on, but when this feature is on all optimization features are disabled, so optimizing page speeds is not possible.

Geoffrey from Konnektive LLC

Great for Admins!

It is a huge time saver when you have to manage lots of one-off sub domains. For trivial sites it reduces system administration work. The caching service is also useful.

Pros

I like that I can use the reverse proxy to apply an ssl certificate. This saves me immense amounts of time. Before Cloudflare, I would be presented with a random cloud server with something hacked together by a developer on it, and told "We need this live before tomorrow." I would then go about trying to get credentials so I could install the certificate. Now, I can just point a domain at an ip and assign a subdomain and ssl cert without ever having to log into a server.

Cons

The Ip addresses it uses for the reverse proxy all have to be whitelisted. Since I don't have a private Ip address that is just mine, I cannot use the reverse proxy for certain production servers. If the traffic comes through cloudflare's porxy service, you lose the source unless you change your application to consume a header they attach.

Rick from Rheinmetall Denel Munition

Cloudflare took my site from Google Page Speed Score from 56/100 to 88/100 within a day!

My website's increase in speed was phenomenal. With the absolute minimal changes to my website configuration (I just added an optional plugin), and changes to my DNS settings, I was able to take my Google Page Speed Score from a 56 to an 88 within 24 hours. This is very good for SEO and page ranking, which was really amazing.

Pros

Cloudflare works seamlessly in the background, without having to do very much configuration. After the initial DNS setup, plugin setup on WordPress, and Configuration Wizard on Cloudflare, the process runs itself. I was amazed that a CDN could speed my website up as much as it did. I am now able to handle much larger volumes of traffic thanks to this. The protection from DDOS attacks is a definite added bonus, not that I have seen this used on my sites yet.

Cons

The initial setup and propagation of DNS settings across the web makes for a few a small bit of downtime during the first day, but this is most likely a function of how the internet works, and not the actual software

Ryan from BlueFrog Media Ltd

A Free Plan Offering Premium Features

The main reason we first started using CloudFlare within our business was to upgrade all of our sites to SSL effortlessly, in preparation for the new Google HTTPS stricter rules. CloudFlare served this function perfectly, saving us money on advanced SSL certificates as well as time on installing these certificates manually. Since then, we have explored the other features of CloudFlare and impressed has been an understatement. As stated earlier, the benefits of CloudFlare are simply astonishing for a free product.

Pros

The free plan on CloudFlare is simply unbelievable value. For the low cost of nothing, you gain a world class CDN system which offers enterprise level security that rivals many premium, high cost solutions. The variety of features is astonishing too, with free SSL certificates, caching services and advanced analytics included also with the free plan.

Cons

It's hard to fault CloudFlare, but if I were to criticise something it would be that many of the caching features cause severe breakage to a site. For example, whenever I enable the Rocket Loader my WordPress sites are always broken in some form. However, beggars can't be choosers and these issues can simply be averted by not enabling this feature.

Kelsey from Lawgical

Cloudflare Solved our Small Business Client DNS Issues

We were basically dealing with a nightmare of managing DNS for hundreds of website clients. We ran into a couple of situations where we were having to call up like a hundred people, ask them to find the GoDaddy account they set up however many years ago, and walk them through setting up DNS. These are small business owners and feel frustrated by Facebook, so you can imagine what a DNS dashboard looks like to them. Anyway, through the magic of Cloudflare we are able to now manage all of these accounts on one dashboard and offer SSL certification to our clients. Win win.

Pros

First of all, free SSL Certs can't be beat. We set up simple business websites for our clients, and making them secure easily and cheaply is great for their online marketing and our street cred. But the best part of using Cloudflare is that we don't have to spend hours poking around in various DNS management platforms and asking non-tech-savvy clients for GoDaddy passwords (shhhh). We just give them NS values and take on all their current settings (including email yay). Don't forget to add their site to Cloudflare before they switch the name servers over though. And if you're ever confused, ALWAYS ASK A REAL DEVELOPER!

Cons

Their email notifications can be a bit overkill. Also, there's a small learning curve on using the dashboard and if you do it wrong, big problems can arise. FYI, I'm not a full on developer, but I do manage DNS for our small website product hosted on Heroku.

A no-brainer for any business or website

Overall experience has been very impressive. A must-have for additional website security and better performance.

Pros

We have been using Cloudflare services for several years now. It provides extra security for our website and speeds up page loading times. Its a no-brainer for any website, especially for businesses. Heavy loading times can effect customer conversion rates, so any help to minimize loading times enhances customer experience and potential sales. I also like how we could monitor where the blocked threats were originating as well as where legit traffic is coming from. We also love Cloudflare's free SSL as it allowed us to cancel the SSL from our current hosting provider. In addition, Cloudflare has released a public DNS which is even faster than googles!

Cons

Really cannot think of any cons. Thoroughly impressed!

O. Kelvin from Fiverr

Top Service For SSL

Makes installing SSL certificate for my websites easy.

Pros

These days websites with no SSL certificate installed scare users. Google Chrome displays the scary message "website not secure" to users immediately they land on your website, this is a big red flag. As a website owner, you can't ignore SSL certificate for your website, and Cloudflare helps you with that. At a time, I was struggling with installing an SSL certificate for my blog, almost paid huge amount to someone who promised to save my blog, I had to pause for a moment, went online for solution and cloudflare saved the day. There are videos on YouTube that can show you how to use it. It's just a matter of changing your name servers to the that of Cloudflare.

Cons

None, but it was hard at first, but now I even use it for my clients.

Cloudflare is for professionals.

I use Cloudflare on all my websites and my customer sites and I feel that they do the best job at making it easy to edit DNS records, and alone is worth a lot. It also keeps me from needing to learn to edit the DNS records in the various (and weird) interfaces of domain registrars. Overall, I have been with Cloudflare since launch and I trust them with my all of my sites (and my client's sites) access to the internet, and that means a lot.

Pros

I like being able to set up a customer's DNS records in a matter of minutes with Cloudflare. Ease-of-use is important to me. The good feeling that Cloudflare is blocking mal-intended traffic globally is, of course important too.

Cons

I use the Cloudflare WordPress plugin and I find it confusing. It is easier for me to just login and turn on "developer mode" or flush the cache on the web app than it is to dig in and find and use the setting inside plugin on my websites.

Dominik from Faculty of Organisation and Informatics

Free CDN that you should be using!

If you have high bandwidth costs you can cut them at least by half because if you properly set Cloudflare to cache everything, your website will be served from their edge servers which are closest to the client and that leads to super speedy websites for the client which is what we all want when building websites. I need to mention also that their documentation is really good and all the problems I had I successfully fixed by myself and when you need support they are always available by ticket system or even by phone.

Pros

What I love about Cloudflare is that it is a very versatile piece of art which works incredibly with all my websites. I have a small blog and have been using Cloudflare for a few years. I help me speed up my site and block malicious bots trying to log in or any other attackers. It also has included a web firewall which is great. If you need per page customization of their settings you can always use page rules or even add apps to your website which extend functionality. It really has a lot to offer for a free price.

Cons

I don't like that their free plan is somehow limited but that is normal in the business world. If you have special needs you will certainly need to pay a few additional page rules or even pro package which is not so expensive but gives an extra few features like image optimization and several options to even speed up your website more. Sometimes it can actually slow down your website because of all additional code added but that is rarely a case and probably is a result of bad theme or bad programming practice.

Esra from V-Count

Easily protect your websites!

Overall it is the best CDN in the market.

Pros

Cloudflare has a lot of nice features. It detects the location of visitors and directs them to its nearest data center so it can serve from its cache to reduce latency. You can easily block threats and abusive bots. You can detect and mitigate DDoS attacks to protect your websites. Creating your account is super easy. Just register with your email address and password. Enter your domain and leave the rest to Cloudflare.

Cons

You should really understand how to use Cloudlfare because for example when it blocks your website against a threat your website will be inaccessible and visitors will see an unfriendly webpage instead of your nice looking pages. To prevent this you should act fast and fix the problem.

Adithya from SAP

Cost effective and the best CDN , DDOS mitigation provider

Pros

* Best and the market leader for providing CDN. * Servers CDN from many locations and is having the largest network of CDN servers. * Can protect against massive DDOS attacks. * Extremely easy to set up the basic CDN and DDOS protection. * Provides easy to use DNS editor to configure the domain. * We can set rules for routing and traffic management. * Block bad actors based on AI and incoming traffic. * Extremely cost effective and has the best free plan available. * Can serve the websites from cached versions in case of end point server outage.

Cons

* DDOS Mode if activated can cause captcha protection to appear for many legitimate users as well for initial load. This might deter or make them leave the site

Freddy from Level One Training and Fitness

Glad I Discovered This!

After having used Cloudflare for over a year, I'm happy to know that they are continuing to grow. I feel that their role as a CDN has improved both the speed with which my website loads to viewers as well as security they provide for the backend of my site. Within the past year, I was witness to live DDoS attacks on my site thru 3rd party security software. When this took place, I was able to change one setting ("Under Attack") on Cloudflare which effectively locked down my website to the attackers and yet still kept it free on the web for others to use. Once the attack was over, I just changed the setting back to normal and all was good. One more thing to add, because of the way in which a CDN delivers, it was very convenient to be able to "clear the cache" at Cloudflare after making changes to my site. More importantly, you have the option of clearing just the cache of the specific page you were working on.

Pros

Ease of use, features provided.

Cons

Nothing I can think of at the time of this writing.

Sarah from EVB

Cloudflare is a good tool to manage networks and their security

The Cloudflare platform allows us to identify the behavior of our visitors and bots, which other types of common analytical technologies are not capable of. Its WAF function gives us the protection of our DDos and SSL certificates, thus also protecting website owners and visitors from any online threat. There is not much to say that we have not said before. Cloudflare seemed to us from the beginning a great investment, full of labor advantages. The ease with which we can integrate the cloudflare platform to other services through the use of API tools has turned out to be very convenient. Totally recommended.

Pros

Cloudfare provides a fairly customizable open API, and its encryption system is safe for sites whose purpose is to protect intellectual property. Cloudflare has a convenient system for creating web traffic reports, and allows prioritizing threats to our website. Cloudflare is a network protection service highly recommended to carry a secure management and without problems. Its use is highly recommended for businesses with large networks, in order to avoid material losses. This platform is considered indispensable for web security.

Cons

Its system for tracking extraordinary events is not very customizable. It is quite limited when it comes to the removal of spyware, and can not do analysis of the vulnerabilities closest to our page. In addition, it does not offer protection guarantees for attachments, or anti-spam filter for emails.

Aaron from Sparkk TV

Industry: Broadcast Media

Great CDN with much more to offer

We use Cloudflare as a CDN, when we first set-up we ran into some errors, but support helped us create rules so the cache did not affect the admin panel of our site. Cloudflare helps us save on bandwidth and if our server goes down, delivers a cached version of our site to users.

Pros

Very easy to set-up and many web hosts offer a one click set-up through CPanel. Free Plan offers all websites need and upgrading to a paid plan is very easy. If you don't know what something is, their team gets back with you right away.

Cons

There is not much to dislike about Cloudflare, you can run into some problems when you first set-up if some rules are not set-up properly. They should offer plugins for CMS suites for flawless integration.

Gonzalo from Freelance

A must have for security and overall peace of mind

Pros

Pointing my site to Cloudflare is one of the very first things I do while developing a self-hosted site or when taking over an existing site that either suffers on the performance or the security. This is a classic scenario to face while developing a Wordpress site, the client shows up with a slow and unsafe site, using Cloudflare in this cases is a life and time-saver. With a few clicks, you can cache, activate SSL on your site (bringing customers to trust back) and use their CDN that rocks, especially for Javascript. The DNS changes are instantaneous, making server migration a breeze. The protection against DDOS is vital for high-traffic sites, your IP will be hidden as well and your precious server resources will be safe as well. If everything else fails just switch "I am under attack" mode. Cloudflare is now a must have tool for virtually every site I develop.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is the lack of customization of the 404 and 500 error screens on the free plans. But I guess is fair enough since their plans are not that expensive neither.

Madison from Lawgical

Easy and Reliable

The few times I needed Cloudflare support, they were quick and helpful. Cloudflare made website management much more manageable!

Pros

DNS is difficult to understand but Cloudflare takes out a lot of guesswork. Since a lot of traffic is proxied through Cloudflare, SSL is also incredibly easy to set up. It's DNS scan feature is very accurate, which is really helpful since I'm working with clients who have their own domains but we manage the DNS. Page rules are an added bonus to create some set up "add-ons" that make a lot of our requests easy to manage. Overall, my favorite feature are the email alerts for when a domain's nameservers no longer point to Cloudflare. That allows us to provide invaluable customer service for our own clients.

Cons

The recent UI change made adding DNS records a little more tedious. Some of the features (e.g. Always Use HTTPS) aren't as prominent as I think they should be since security is so important.

Samim from Senorita Creations Private Limited

Getting fast image loads and sites

Running an ecommerce site for multiple target location is tough and delivering content fast is more than a cake walk so we are using CloudFlare CDN and now our site is loading fast in our target geographic locations such as USA and Europe. The integration is very easy as just hosting the DNS with them is enough and it can cache static content very easily. We have compared the result without DNS and this tool is giving us really good performance. Its a must for every ecommerce site and on top of it you can use the free cdn feature as long as you want with extra bandwidth saving.

Pros

- Very good DNS management console. - Easy to implement CDN for specific sites or subdomains. - Very good caching of static contents such as images and files. - Many edge points to our target market.

Cons

- Have not found any such major issue with this tool.

One place for your most of website's needs

As far we can say cloudflare is the one of the most trusted dns provider we have cause we don't have to setup dns instances to just host our dns.

Pros

The things we like about cloudflare are enormous such as its DNS uptime, DDoS protection, Website plugins, API, etc but the best part we like is its free plan for starters cause individuals like bloggers can't afford to pay hefty prices for their website's DNS.

Cons

What we least liked about cloudflare was its railgun limitations for free account but i guess new bloggers don't need extreme features like that.

Philip from Episerver

Incredible tool for improving site performance and customer experience

This software improves the experiences of our customers, which leads to better customer experiences and consequentially is an irreplaceable tool in our tool belt.

Pros

We use this tool everyday to improve the customer experience as they interact with our websites. Anyone familiar with a CDN will know why its important for delivery of content to the end user, and Cloudflare gets this right. In addition the software is user focused, its not hard to find what you are looking for, whether that be a simple task like clearing cache, or their always online technology. Its very good stuff.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything that Cloudflare is not at least addressing, if not outright mastering within this field.

Yaroslav from The American College of Greece

Pretty Much Unique solution on the market for Web Securing and Traffic Management

Pros

I have started using cloudflare for work purposes and for development projects. After some time, I have come to realisation that it's an amazing tool the covers all you need and is one of several starter tools to set up woth you site. - Security against DDOS - NS Management - SSL configuration - Caching and Speed And it is FREE for essencial things!

Cons

Really none. I am using tool with all projects of mine now and I am strugling to find anything bad about it. The only issue with it is the power it gives. You have to be careful and responsible to work with it or you can easily damage site or cause problems. Overal, the tool is awesome!

Kent from KentBigDog Consulting

I don't use any other DNS provider for my or my client's sites

Improves a website's performance and security.

Pros

Cloudflare is my goto DNS, CDN and Security provider. In my opinion, they are the best of the best. If you have a domain on the web, you should be using Cloudflare, it's just that simple. They'll cache your website, compress code, make it faster and secure it all at the same time.

Cons

The pricing is beginning to climb but for what you get I think the value is still there. Even their free version has more going for it than other DNS providers.

Michael from Blu Creative

Easy to set up, and great added security for almost any website

Cloudflare is a great solution for beginners looking to secure their website, as we have a couple clients' using their services for smaller websites.

Pros

The biggest feature for Cloudflare lies in its' simplicity to set up with your site and domain. Many hosts and Cpanels now offer Cloudflare integration, which will set up the DNS for you with one click. Once you're set up, Cloudflare runs seamlessly in the background. The DDoS protection (while not necessary for most smaller sites) is great for peace of mind. Most people use Cloudflare for the free SSL encryption, which is great, but it's important to at least do your research on some free encryption services that have surfaced recently (Let's Encrypt, etc.)

Cons

In our uses, we found the 'always live' features, which offers a cached version of your site in the event it goes down, didn't quite work all the time. In the few times our site went down, users were met with a Cloudflare connection error message, which really defeats the purpose... Additionally, in some cases, we had some issues with IP address reporting on our traffic, which caused some conflicts. This was solved by disabling a few settings within the Cloudflare panel.

Free version offers some great features

Originally was using to provide free SSL certs, since letsencrypt has became much more common the benefits of this functionality are less than they once were, although still offers some great functionality

Pros

I've used cloudflare on numerous projects, it's very easy to use and provides a host of features, even on a free account Standout features include High availability CDN DDOS Protection SSL certificates

Cons

Prices for paid versions are somewhat expensive if you only want certain features, specifically CDN

Nicolas Frichot from Red Strategies International LTD

Accelerating Website Traffic With Argo Smart Routing From CloudFlare

Overall, CloudFlare is so comprehensive that I cannot imagine my web experience without it. I recommend without any hesitation!

Pros

Having customers connecting to our website was a big focus for us, and thanks to Argo, we've seen that our customers from USA were able to access our website 47% faster. That single factor made all the difference.

Cons

There is not trial offer for Argo by CloudFlare, which would have been great for people wanting to test the solution before making a purchase.

Great WAF, nice bot mitigation and education. Good for cloud-first companies.

We use this for all of our public site. We have a lot of attacks and it's always nice to see the WAF doing its job as advertised and protecting our IP.

Pros

Integration with Splunk/SIEM, going through the data, preventing attacks and scrapers has been very helpful for us.

Cons

The GUI take a little to get use to, but overall, I don't have many complaints about it. Education is key with this and understanding security use cases and concerns help how you approach use of this.

Better offering.

Naveen Kumar from Mystic Media Production

Best in Class CDN and Protection

Cloudflare provides CDN and Attack mitigation functions as a cloud service powered by 165 data centers across the world. The paid plans are relatively cheaper than its most competitors.Powering 13 million domains its one of the largest cloud CDN provider.

Pros

CDN network is powered by 165 data centers around the world Best in Class DDOS protection Fabulous Free Plan with Un-metered Bandwidth Multitude of integration options

Cons

Country Blocking not available on free plan WAF not available on Free Plan

Easy DOS attack protection amongst many other helpful features

Increased security and greater availability, awesome service for personal projects and enterprise products alike!

Pros

The two biggest things that I have benefited from using Cloudflare is speed and security. Rarely do those things come in tandem, but they do here. Having content available all across the world speed up peoples time to get to the content, especially if are geographically remote to you. Beyond that you can protect against DOS attacks in various forms. Additionally it can hide your IP, which can be very helpful.

Cons

Clients may not like when it checks to see if you are a bot attack or not, but honestly its very minimal, but people are impatient sometimes. Some error codes cannot be customized as well but that doesn't really affect functionality.

Fernando from TrainingTrends International

Great software with improvement opportunities

I have been a user of Cloudflare for a little less than a year and it has been a good experience. The platform is reliable and easy to use, although requires to have certain computing abilities to extract the best of it. The free version works very well and is useful for startups and independent entrepreneurs. Ever since I started to use it I only had one outage, provoked by another application that affected its functionality. The issue could be easily solved, but one thing that needs improvement is their technical support; they rely so much on their established knowledge database, but if a user doesn't find an answer in such database, the live tech support is very slow and takes days and even weeks to get a response from them. Besides the tech support problem (whish I actually see it as an improvement opportunity), Cloudflare works perfectly, with no downtime so far. The security features are not free, but it's worth paying for them. I recommend Cloudflare to startups and small businesses as well.

Pros

Cons

TEchnical support need to improve their response time and provide more personalized answers.

Paul from The SaleGroup

Great but only because of pricing

It's easy and quick to use but some features are missing. API took a revamp which was a bit of pain but nowadays is fine. Good service but can slow your site down if you use something like AWS.

Pros

Quick and easy for most basic tasks, especially initial setup. Also SSL-ness! :D Pricing is free so that is a win right there.

Cons

No ESI and other features which exist on competitors sites.

Ben from Top Floor Technologies

Even their free plan offers an incredible value

Pros

Cloudflare offers basically the best DNS service you can get for nothing. You can pay for extra services and additional protection, which are top notch as well. Helps protect your site from DDoS attacks. Simple DNS management interface.

Cons

Can be a bit pricey if you want to upgrade to paid services. No custom vanity name servers with the free plan.

Isabelle from Red Music Entertainment LTD

Industry: Music

CloudFlare: Best DNS Management and Free SSL

Best experience!

Pros

I've been using CloudFlare for years, be it the free version, pro and enterprise. They are simply amazing. Great analytics, free or custom SSL certificates, full DNS management, and great protections like WAF and DDOS protection.

Cons

Enterprise plan is too pricey. Support for free accounts take sometimes more than 48 hours.

Tony from Grim Panda Software

Great for simple use cases!

I enjoy cloudflare overall. I don't have advanced use-cases but for my simple needs (usually toying with staging sites, setting up web toolkits and delivery sites) it allows me to quickly setup SSL, DNS and get things going without a hassle. I also use cloudflare to setup dns for many of my website clients. That way I can quickly control their settings from a single interface instead of jumping to whomever they may have their hosting/domain setup with. Plus with members access, you can add an admin with proper privileges and delegate work out smartly. That's always a plus in management software such as this. Most of the things that I have personally read about cloudflare falling short on are things that I don't' rely on Cloudflare that greatly for. So for me, Cloudflare gets high marks. It does what I need it to, and it does it cleanly and well.

Pros

Setup is quick and easy, and a free account gets you access to tools you'll need for simple sites.

Cons

Many more advanced tools are pay locked, but that's to be expected. I've had a few glitches here and there with their caching which can really be a pain. There seems to be no way to permanently disable caching or provide granular control over what gets cached in the free version.

Ruairi from RM Creative

Fantastic Domain & DNS Management Tool

Cloudflare has so many benefits & features for domains that every single domain I manage goes on it. Essential for web designers & developers!

Pros

Cloudflare is an amazing piece of software. Almost every single one of my web design clients domains are on it, over 30 at this stage. It has several features, any of which would make it an amazing tool: - Free SSL certificate for every domain - DNS updates are made in minutes. Compared to hours for changes to propagate with the usual DNS providers, this is a seriously useful feature and has saved me time, hassle and annoyance on many an occasion. - Security and DDoS protection features, verification checks for suspicious traffic. - Speeds up websites via caching & minifying And all the of the above is free!

Cons

No complaints, haven't had any issues with Cloudflare since I started using it.

Cloudflare allows you to secure and speed up your website(s) for free.

Pros

Free plan offers many features to improve website speed and security. Easy to use - you can add the service to a website in just a few minutes.

Cons

More powerful features and additional rules require a paid subscription plan. Some features can take a while to learn and set up, depending on your knowledge of CDNs, domains, and Internet technology.

Desiree from COLEwebdev

Protection for your Website

Cloudflare has been a huge benefit for our client websites. Secure. Fast. Easy. Professional.

Pros

We have been using Cloudflare for our client websites for several years. We have been very happy with their service. Having security and protection is an added benefit for our websites.

Cons

We wish the secure certificate data was displayed better.

Bryan from Velora Studios

Our choice for CDN and Security on Websites/Webapps

We use many of the features of cloudflare on our websites. SSL, CDN, security, performance. Some websites we use their paid plans, but on others the free plan is all we need and offers a great amount of features.

Pros

Cloudflare provides CDN, SLL, DDS protection, offline pages. No other system offers the same power, features and flexibility that Cloudflare does for us. Easy to setup on existing websites/webapps and provides many performance and security features. Easier to setup on multiple sites/apps than any other available options.

Cons

The UI could do better at making suggestions to users about what features might be most relevant to their particular product, taking Cloudflare one step further in ease of use.