What are Cloudflare users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Cloudflare software through verified user reviews

• icon"Also it has some free tools/apps which you can integrate them inside your website without uploading or pasting files & codes."
  • icon"Both work wonders in improving your website speed, which Google rewards with better positioning, and customers reward with longer retention. The best part - basic features are free to use."
  • icon"Overall, my favorite feature are the email alerts for when a domain's nameservers no longer point to Cloudflare. That allows us to provide invaluable customer service for our own clients."
  • icon"Sometimes I come across websites that use Cloudflare, and when I see this error, it brings back bad memories."
  • icon"The analytics in Cloudflare is not satisfying as it does not show data in detail. Traffic records that the Cloudflare supply is very inadequate."
  • icon"Inability to change CDN IPs without removing the domain and adding it again."

Browse all Cloudflare Reviews

• Have you used Cloudflare and would like to share your experience with others?

Josh

Best CDN I know of!

joshua

Industry: Computer Networking

Great CDN Service

Pros

Great CDN Service and great for keeping a copy of your site online when it goes down

Cons

have not found any thing i don't like about the service

CDN, Internal Network Security, WAF. Cloudflare does it all

My overall experience with Cloudflare has been amazing. While their support can be frustrating at times with making you go around in circles understanding the issue, in the end, they get things solved, and will often pass you up the chain to their Tier 2 support to have a personal connection to try and get things sorted.

Pros

When we first used Cloudflare as our CDN, we discovered brilliance. Finally a CDN for everyone, with a freemium model to get your services round the globe at a fraction of the cost of everyone else. Be careful though, once you're in this freemium model, you're soon diving deep into all of their features where you're MORE than happy to hand over the money. From Network and Device security in Cloudflare for Teams to WAFs, easy to use page rules, Tunnelling, and optimisations for delivery across the network, you're soon using it all and using it all without the need for large IT teams to get it set up.

Cons

A few downsides, which are all related, is somethings things aren't quite working and you're not sure why. It seems the features of the system grew massively and more quickly than they were expecting and their UI and UX didn't keep up. Once you get on the chat and they explain what's going on, it's easy to fix, however for the moment, it can be confusing to try and figure it out yourself.

Reasons for choosing Cloudflare

We chose Cloudflare purely on price, and we've not really looked back

Zack

Industry: Chemicals

March 2022

Great AIO solution to secure all your web resources

When I came to the company, no one was engaged in the organization of security for web resources. Almost immediately I chose Cloudflare, set up this service, and since then I follow the analytics and turn on new features. We are satisfied with everything and we plan to stay further with Cloudflare.

Pros

I like the fact that the service is constantly being improved and adds new features, which allows you to abandon other services and use everything to ensure security in one place. Most of all I want to allocate 2 features - it is a CDN and protection against DDOS. It works just great.

Cons

Some settings are not in the obvious places for them, you have to google and read the documentation to reach them.

Reasons for choosing Cloudflare

It's all-in-one solution to organize comprehensive security for your company

Chineke

Security for Website

I needed to secure my new website and stumbled upon Cloudflare after searching Capterra. Connecting my site to the platform was easy since they guided me virtually every step of the way. After a while of working well, I started receiving emails about my site being down, it came up after some time, and continued in that circle for a couple of days. I just had to disconnect my site from the platform, since it was just a company blog and left it like that.

Pros

It's a good thing that you can access some of their features for free and secure your website. Their regular feedback to my email is also very communicative of them. Navigating the website is also quite easy and the follow up each step of the way helps users interact quite seamlessly with the site

Cons

As much as we want protection for our sites, we also want the site to be accessible. My website started showing a "ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS" error, to which I contacted customer support, got a quick response but could not find a solution to my problem there.

Great platform to optimize website security and speed.

With hacking and phishing scams becoming a major issue around the world, you can secure your website with very little effort and cost. If you have a webhost which lacks security, signing up with Cloudlfare for free is a no-brainer.

Pros

Getting a website working with Cloudflare is as simple as changing your website's nameservers and selecting what level of security you'd like. Complete site transition can be done in less than an hour. The free plan is truly 100% free with no expiration.

Cons

Sometimes the firewall can be inconsistent/too aggressive when it comes to filtering traffic. Occasionally we get a user who said they were unable to access our website. Another separate but small con is that while you can transfer your domain names to Cloudflare at a near-wholesale cost, you cannot register new domains directly.

Reasons for choosing Cloudflare

We never ended up trying Fastly because Cloudflare offered everything we needed at no cost.

Kunal

Make Your Site Secure and Blazing Fast

My overall experience with Cloudflare is great. Have been using since last 5+ years. Since 2019 they have launched many more product offerings. I use their DNS, CDN, Firewall Rules, Access and Teams for my WordPress powered blog.

Pros

Offers an wonderful free plan. Easy to switch on/off features. Easy to migrate from other providers. Fastest DNS in the World. Firewall Rules to block certain URLs. Cloudflare Access and Teams to protect my WordPress Backend. Early adopters of new technologies like HTTP/2, HTTP/3, DoH, etc... Free DDoS protection. Hides your email id from bots. Know your site speed. Free Origin certificates.

Cons

Plans are based on features which is different than the industry. Less page rules for free plan. Don't like the captchas. Rate limit 404s and Bypass cache on cookie available only on Business plan.

Reasons for choosing Cloudflare

Main reason to choose Cloudflare was that they offered a free plan which no one in the industry is offering where you get DNS, CDN, Firewall Rules, Access and Teams, Privacy Focused Web Analytics, etc... I got fastest dns in the world plus good security features to protect my site. To save my server from crashing due to heavy load or attacks. Cloudflare is also one of the early implementer of technologies like SSL (HTTPS), HTTP/2, HTTP/3, DoH, eSNI, etc..

Reasons for switching to Cloudflare

Somewhat cheaper compared to others options.

Adomako

secure content delivery network for website

My overall experience with Cloudflare is excellent. Have been using Cloudflare for about 4+ years now.

Pros

Offers many types of security and components that can be added to a current site without adjusting code It's great that you can get to a portion of their provisions for nothing and secure your site. Their standard criticism to my email is additionally exceptionally informative of them. Exploring the site is additionally very simple and the subsequent at all times assists clients with connecting consistently with the site

Cons

Nothing to add here. My general experience was great. I never had an issue or needed to reach out to help. At whatever point I had an uncertainty, I had the option to tackle them just by actually taking a look at their documentation library.

Reasons for switching to Cloudflare

GoDaddy customer service is very poor and annoying.

Houssam

April 2022

Cloudflare a simplifié l'ajout de HTTPS à mon site Web.

Toutes les solutions incluses dans le pack gratuit de Cloudflare sont incroyables pour les petites entreprises qui souhaitent opérer en toute sécurité sur Internet.

Pros

C'est une bonne chose que vous puissiez accéder gratuitement à certaines de leurs fonctionnalités et sécuriser votre site Web. Le fait qu'ils répondent régulièrement à mon courrier électronique est également très communicatif de leur part. La navigation sur le site est également très facile et le suivi à chaque étape aide les utilisateurs à interagir de manière transparente avec le site.

Cons

Autant nous voulons protéger nos sites, autant nous voulons que le site soit accessible. Mon site a commencé à afficher une erreur "ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS". J'ai contacté le service clientèle, qui m'a répondu rapidement, mais je n'ai pas pu y trouver de solution à mon problème.

Reasons for choosing Cloudflare

J'ai réalisé qu'il existait d'excellentes options au lieu de payer des prix astronomiques à votre fournisseur de services.

Gbola

April 2022

CLOUDFLARE - A Force in Cyber-world.

What endeared me to Cloudflare is that it combines a lot of purposeful features and functionalities in one place. This make for smooth work flow.

Pros

I like Cloudflare for it's speed, website optimisation and security.

Cons

With some Cloudflare features and functionalities, you will need training and reading the documents to sail through.

Simon

Industry: Broadcast Media

Cloudflare - A name you can trust for speed, security and a robust network!

Google searches have proven that if users don't see a webpage within 2 seconds of clicking a link, they never visit the website again. With Cloudflare, not only do users see my webpage within a second of clicking a link, they are also incentivized to look around and in doing so, find more content that they might be interested in. This has increased user retention for my website, while also helping sign up new users to the mailing list to keep an active pool of engaged users.

Pros

For anyone starting out in the world of web development, setting up and using a CDN can be a very daunting task. This is where Cloudflare comes in. With a streamlined setup process and straightforward controls, you will be set up and ready to go within minutes of signing up for an account. For 90% of users out there, the free version provides above and beyond what you will require from a CDN. With additional DDoS protection, a strong firewall and extremely fast caching, it takes your website from being about average to one of the best on the market. Some websites can experience load times that are anywhere between 2x and 10x faster.

Cons

Being limited to 3 page rules is one thing where Cloudflare feels like it could fall short on. 5 would've been a nice number. But if you can get a little technical with how URLs work in general, you can combine multiple rules into one, giving in essence more than 3 page rules.

Mohamed

April 2022

Very Helpful for online starter to large businesses

Useful for all online businesses.

Pros

It helps me manage and secure DNS, Caching, CDN, Server Network Security and much more daily/weekly duties for web servers / websites for my projects & client's projects as well.

Cons

Security features is full of great features but it requires a good knowledge of security to deal with it.

Hashan

Industry: Animation

My Experience with Cloudflare

With cloudflare I was able to accelerate the speed of my website. I was also able to protect my website's data because cloudflare encrypted my data by a SSL certificate. And also I was able to grow my business with the help of cloudflare's analytical service.

Pros

Cloudflare is a web security flat form so I'm using it as the security provider for my website. The thing that I most like about Clouflare is the enhancement and acceleration of the speed of my website , at initially my website took more than 5 seconds to load but after I stated using Clouflare the loading speed increased to 1.2 seconds and it also helped me to grow my SEO. Another thing that I love about cloudflare is the web security provided by cloudflare, Cloudflare provided a SSL certificate to my website and encrypted my data and enhanced the security of my website. Because of this SSL certificate I was able to bring more clients into my website. So I can gladly clarify that the best web security provider is Clouflare. Clouflare is doing the best when we are coming to reporting/analytics. Cloudflare's Analytical service helps my business to grow more because it shows us the all details of the user activities on my website. so I love Cloudflare's analytical service.

Cons

In my experience I wasn't able to find any cons regarding cloudflare services because cloudflare team has developed cloudflare to the greatest point.

mohamed

Cloudflare Review

Pros

Stopping SPAM POSTS: Cloudflare reviews all communications and browsing processes that take place on your site .. If you suffer from the problem of annoying comments, you will find Cloudflare helps you greatly to reduce the volume of annoying comments .. while prohibiting the owners of annoying comments. Do not worry, as CloudFlare shows a CAPTCHA for the banned visits .. If the visitor is a human, he will write the code required of him, and if not, he will continue to block it .. Thus, Cloudflare guarantees you better protection while also ensuring the access of visitors. Increase browsing speed: Of course, if the Cloudflare reduces the loads on your site by blocking non-human visits and then distributing the cache copy of your site on several CDN servers in the world, that will make your site faster

Cons

While it speeds up your website, it will sometimes add a second loading screen for security verification purposes. This may cause some delay, and users may have to wait a few seconds and sometimes it can also display a CAPTCHA page asking users to prove that they are human.

Dasser

My website assistant

It's great to know a service provider like Cloudflare.

Pros

I like that free account that's very fair enough to try many of the provided features and even go on production with it. Also the very straightforward hosting plans.

Cons

I can say nothing, CloudFlare really fits my usage.

Muddassar

Protect and Secure Your Website

I have attached my domains with Cloudflare. I have seen a very clear difference in the performance of my sites. I am very satisfied.

Pros

If you want to secure and protect your websites, then Cloudflare is the best option for you. Because this platform will allow you to add multiple domains to the dashboard. Your websites security perfomance will be better.

Cons

All options including clearing cache and other features are outstanding without cons, issues and negative points.

Nadish

March 2022

One of the best website security and CDN service

Well it's along story, I found CloudFlare while I was searching for Free CDN service for website. I was analyzing one of my website through GTMetrix and found one recommendation to use CDN. I knew that CDN is a costly service, atleast at costly as my monthly hosting service, so I searched for Free CDN service and luckily found CloudFlare. I explored it on my own and slowly and gradually I got total command on CloudFlare. Now I integrate each of my website's website with CloudFlare in order to hide the nameservers + adding security and preventing from DDoS attacks hence enhancing loading speed and overall performance of my website.

Pros

Who doesn't love to have something as wonderful as CloudFlare for FREE? To be honest, I'm using CloudFlare since more than 3 years now and still using the free version because it covers all my CDN and website security needs. :) The other thing that I cannot ignore or even miss is the Free SSL by cloudflare for 15 years, isn't it amazing? :) I know that there're other free SSL services available on internet also, but I totally trust on CloudFlare so I always use free SSL by CloudFlare. It's really easy to install and has multiple options for the encryption like flexible, full and full restrict. And at last but not least, how can I forget or ignore the Speed Optimization features of CloudFlare :) The auto minify feature for JavaScript, CSS and HTML can be switched on or off independently so that you can never break your website. And the options like Brotli, Optimized Delivery and Rocket Loader is like cherry on top of the cake. :)

Cons

Well, nothing. I'm truly satisfied with the results, so there's nothing that I can say that I like least about CloudFlare.

An excellent CDN provider with a freemium model

All in alll a very solid experience. It has been ages that I have even considered searching for an alternative because I never had to.

Pros

I am an absolute fan of Cloudflare because of a few reasons. They offer so much in their freemium plan that it seems too good to be true and to me honestly that has been their best selling point. Love their service and their network. The setup for the CDN is pretty simple. The onboarding process and adding the website are pretty simple and intuitive. They have only improved their service over the past couple of years.They have direct integrations with third-party providers like cPanel so at times adding a website is just as simple as a single click which is awesome.

Cons

Their support has not been the fastest in terms of turnaround times but due to covid and all, I think we can definitely cut them some slack in that department.

Reasons for switching to Cloudflare

Pricing and existing third-party integrations available with Cloudflare were a major reason for the switch.

Zohaib

Best protection with SSL Certificate

Cloudflare is now a compulsory part of my workflow. I add all of the websites which come under my management to a Cloudflare plan because I want my websites to load fast, get secure, and be trusted everywhere.

Pros

I have been using Cloudflare for my and my clients' websites for over 3 years now and I must say signing up for Cloudflare was one of the best parts of my career. It is super easy to add a site to its free plan and then forget the rest, Cloudflare will take care of everything by itself. It protects websites from multiple threats and attacks like Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) plus it saves the cost to buy an SSL certificate (HTTPS) for your website by implementing its own SSL certificate which is trusted worldwide and does not need any renewal or configuration. Above all, my all websites are now pretty optimized in terms of speed and loading time, thanks to Cloudflare's smart geographical web servers network which enables the visitors to have my websites load from their nearest Cloudflare data center. It means that it does not matter where a website's hosting server physically is, Cloudflare clones the website files to each of its servers around the world making browsers load the website faster all over the world. Yes, Cloudflare starts doing this right after a website gets added to its plan.

Cons

Cloudflare should add some more options for account management like adding phone numbers, changing passwords right from the account settings.

Nearly every single site we set up gets run through CloudFlare because of it's security and control.

It's great knowing CloudFlare is protecting our site from DDOS attacks. Their caching features make pages load incredibly fast, and their javascript CDN makes our sites load even faster still. The instantly updated DNS settings eliminates any downtime, meaning our users never even notice the switch.

Pros

Once the nameservers are set up at the registrar to point to CloudFlare, DNS changes within CloudFlare are instantaneous. This is a huge deal when moving from one server to another. Having built-in SSL is another great way to provide peace of mind to our visitors. By essentially acting as a reverse proxy, it keeps our servers' IP addresses hidden from would-be attackers. Their bot and DDOS detection is legendary and their basic analytics are surprisingly helpful. A CloudFlare hosted CDN, cdnjs.com, has countless globally hosted scripts that make site building not only easier, but it also ensures the end results performs incredibly well. It's been years since I've set up a site that didn't have some CloudFlare feature built in.

Cons

I haven't had any luck with some of their automatic HTML/JS optimization features that involve rewriting the code. I can see how they would speed up page load, but I've often found they've broken my site. I don't really need that feature, so I'm not missing out, but if you're going to give it a try, make sure you test thoroughly, as you should be with any change made to a public server ;)

Jay

Massive gains with little effort or cost

Cloudflare can be categorized as an easy win. We have been using Cloudflare exclusively for almost all of our agency's clients for several years and cannot recommend them enough. It can be setup in under 30min and provide measurable results and improvements to a domain's performance and security immediately. * More performant and cost effective than Google Cloud, or Amazon AWS offerings. * Ranks #1 on DNSPerf.io * Winner of Network World's "Managed DNS Shootout" The most consistent barrier to adoption for a client is usually the client's I.T. department with arguments along the lines of "GoDaddy's nameservers are good enough.", fears of a product they don't have personal experience with, or a fear of giving up total control of DNS.

Pros

* Extremely easy to use * Performant * Extremely generous free tier * Security * UAC * Effortless SSL * Effortless CDN * Overall better UX

Cons

* Support is via a ticketing system and can be slow when you're utilizing their free plan.

Performance, Reliability, Security options, Ease of use

Pedro

great resource for website security

I actually use the tool on my websites, and since I set it up on my domains, I haven't had any problems with proxies or firewalls or anything like that. Mus sites are working perfectly and all with SSL up to date and secure. And until today I haven't had to pay for a plan, however... it's something I'm thinking about doing out of reciprocity and to increase my resources. The fast acting ability of cloudflare is very good. Quality of this tool in providing great usability features for me has made me feel secure in relation to my sites.

Pros

I've seen fast tools in my life, but cloudflare is to be congratulated, after I changed the old DNS of my sites to Cloudflare, I didn't have any more problems with my sites crashing, they were always down. I receive constant messages to improve my sites, in case of attacks I can activate an extra java script security against hackers and other network invaders. And the sites were much faster to access. I don't pay anything to use the tool and I still have exclusive resources to analyze my domains. Like for example analyzing the size of the traffic I am developing.

Cons

I have no cons to mention here, just an addendum, about support, if you need help, you will only have questions already asked by other people and answered by cloudflare. However, if you really need to talk to an expert, it is no longer possible with a free plan. At least I never did. But that's no reason to attack the company and tool, it's more than useful to be able to use it for free. So, for the rest I have nothing to complain about the tool. It's amazing.

Diego

One or the best CDNs!

Pros

The overall experience with them has been great. It’s not only simple to setup, but also they have a huge documentation library where you can get a lot of information: from them, compatibility with other softwares, best configurations, etc. The results you get by just getting their free plan are more than enough for small-medium companies. Also, they hace more than 150 servers around the world, so the performance results are really great, even comparing with some other paid services.

Cons

Nothing to add here. My overall experience was really good. I never had an issue or had to get in touch with support. When ever I had a doubt, I was able to solve them just by checking their documentation library.

Reasons for choosing Cloudflare

I use both. Depending on my clients locations. ArganCloud has really good options as well, but the speed you get in some locations is a little bit less than Cloudflare.

Abel

Great for website owners

Wouldn't switch to any other service for now, it works well for us.

Pros

Without Cloudflare's free services running on all our sites, we'd probably have to pay more for webhosting and spend tons protecting and preventing our sites from spam/bot traffic. Since we run many content sites and have added them to cloudflare, not only have we managed to halve our hosting bill but we've also managed to speed up our sites in the process as well all while using the free plan that has almost everything you need. The free CLOUDFLARE SSL too means we don't have to pay for that. Cloudflare also has one of the fastest DNS propagation on the internet, unlike other providers who'd instruct you to wait 24 hours for full propagation all over the internet, with Cloudflare it's finished in minutes, not more than 2 hours in the worst case scenario. I also like that you can setup unlimited sites on the free plan, we currently have 10 websites on Cloudflare and its great. The AlwaysOnline technology too is good as it makes your website appear online even when your hosting server is done, great when you have a static site. Caching and seriously many other features that makes it a fantastic idea to jump on.

Cons

While most of the basic features are available for free users, the real paid features are $20 a month per site, not much when you have one or two sites but when you're hitting the 10th mark, take a toll on the wallet.

Got website? you need cloudflare!

Simply amazing the protection helps every website we own or create safe from attackers the analytics helps us to organize our server origins to increase page load. rocket loader always on for our nodejs apps and the page rules are simply awesome. I feel like if i write about every feature there is i will end up writing an entire book about cloudflare. Just give it a try if you haven't that is, you will be blown away with the usablity and features.

Pros

every features from DDoS protection to latest introduced workers. I highly like the felxible SSL and don't forget the DNS with proxy featuring CDN locations in every location of the world increasing the page loading time by a big margin. I don't remember when i start using Cloudflare but i am sure it's around 2014 and god i just love this, i can manage DNS for every DNS i own from single dashboard. The analytics and threat prevention WAF are like the essentials for every website we create.

Cons

nothing apart from the cheapest plan being not so cheapest and the load balacer are somewhat costly if you consider the origin being the same. Apart from these things i said earlier i love cloudflare and will keep using it's free CDN unless i am forced to move out.

Cloudflare