• Pros

• "I loved the fact that it was free. I loved the fact that they solved a problem for me with GoDaddy making things super difficult (as they do)."

• "it was very to integrate with my existing work and it helped me a lot to make my website and my clients website more secure and made me make new clients. "

• "CloudFlare is super easy to set up with and is full of features. Performance is exceptional."

• Cons

• "The caching style is something of an acquired taste, it has tons of options but sometimes it only works when you delete all cache, for fast modifications and customizations turn it off"

• "There are some settings that can be a bit tricky to find and understand, but there is a great knowledgebase."

• "It's sometimes hard to remember that changes won't show up, but that is easily remedied by clicking the development mode button."

Browse Cloudflare Reviews

Abel from ThriveNaija

Great for website owners

Wouldn't switch to any other service for now, it works well for us.

Pros

Without Cloudflare's free services running on all our sites, we'd probably have to pay more for webhosting and spend tons protecting and preventing our sites from spam/bot traffic. Since we run many content sites and have added them to cloudflare, not only have we managed to halve our hosting bill but we've also managed to speed up our sites in the process as well all while using the free plan that has almost everything you need. The free CLOUDFLARE SSL too means we don't have to pay for that. Cloudflare also has one of the fastest DNS propagation on the internet, unlike other providers who'd instruct you to wait 24 hours for full propagation all over the internet, with Cloudflare it's finished in minutes, not more than 2 hours in the worst case scenario. I also like that you can setup unlimited sites on the free plan, we currently have 10 websites on Cloudflare and its great. The AlwaysOnline technology too is good as it makes your website appear online even when your hosting server is done, great when you have a static site. Caching and seriously many other features that makes it a fantastic idea to jump on.

Cons

While most of the basic features are available for free users, the real paid features are $20 a month per site, not much when you have one or two sites but when you're hitting the 10th mark, take a toll on the wallet.

Diego from eSports LAC

One or the best CDNs!

Pros

The overall experience with them has been great. It’s not only simple to setup, but also they have a huge documentation library where you can get a lot of information: from them, compatibility with other softwares, best configurations, etc. The results you get by just getting their free plan are more than enough for small-medium companies. Also, they hace more than 150 servers around the world, so the performance results are really great, even comparing with some other paid services.

Cons

Nothing to add here. My overall experience was really good. I never had an issue or had to get in touch with support. When ever I had a doubt, I was able to solve them just by checking their documentation library.

Reasons for Choosing Cloudflare

I use both. Depending on my clients locations. ArganCloud has really good options as well, but the speed you get in some locations is a little bit less than Cloudflare.

Megan from Vibe n Thrive

Great free CDN

I started using Cloudflare after learning how CDNs could improve site speed. My site speed wasn't great and I had tried literally everything else so I figured it was time to try a CDN. I did a lot of research and Cloudflare seemed to be the best and most secure network. Although it didn't improve my site speed, I still had an overall good experience with it. If I ever went back to using a CDN for reasons other than site speed, I would choose Cloudflare again.

Pros

The free plan is great for small to medium-sized websites. It has all you need at no cost! Customer service is excellent. I reached out to them several times because I had questions about the setup process and they always got back to me very fast.

Cons

It is not the most user-friendly software. It's complicated to set up and takes some time to learn your way around it. It also did not improve my site speed by much. I installed Cloudflare mainly to improve my site speed but the improvement was very small.

Reasons for Switching to Cloudflare

I initially tried KeyCDN briefly but switched to Cloudflare after doing some more research. Cloudflare had better reviews so I decided to make the switch.

Angelica from Netmundo

It used to be a lot better

It served me well for a very long period, but it never mitigated any of my DDoS attacks. It did helped me when managing DNS was a pain in the ass. BUt eventually I found out that it was slowing my website. Since I moved away from it and got separate services to do what CF used to (DNS, protection, analytics), I got way better services and faster sites.

Pros

It sure makes managing your sites's DNS and main configurations handy by centralizing them. It offers nice redirection features and a whole bunch of features like apps and protection, cdn, etc.

Cons

But the service has been packing so many features that though it looks like advantage when it's not.

Solved me a GoDaddy DNS headache

Excellent. The situation was that I was building a landing page for a client. I needed to connect their domain to my funnel builder and my client already bought a domain with GoDaddy. I could not for the life of me point the domain properly. I even engaged GoDaddy support twice to help me resolve it (wasting hours). I had a tech-savvy friend who recommended I try to bypass GoDaddy by using CloudFlare. He walked me through somewhat on how to use it, and it worked like magic.

Pros

Cons

Nothing not to like, I have not had much experience with it, but the single reason I signed up for a free account solved a massive headache for me.

Reasons for Switching to Cloudflare

GoDaddy support and customer service and use is difficult, slow and unhelpful.

Got website? you need cloudflare!

Simply amazing the protection helps every website we own or create safe from attackers the analytics helps us to organize our server origins to increase page load. rocket loader always on for our nodejs apps and the page rules are simply awesome. I feel like if i write about every feature there is i will end up writing an entire book about cloudflare. Just give it a try if you haven't that is, you will be blown away with the usablity and features.

Pros

every features from DDoS protection to latest introduced workers. I highly like the felxible SSL and don't forget the DNS with proxy featuring CDN locations in every location of the world increasing the page loading time by a big margin. I don't remember when i start using Cloudflare but i am sure it's around 2014 and god i just love this, i can manage DNS for every DNS i own from single dashboard. The analytics and threat prevention WAF are like the essentials for every website we create.

Cons

nothing apart from the cheapest plan being not so cheapest and the load balacer are somewhat costly if you consider the origin being the same. Apart from these things i said earlier i love cloudflare and will keep using it's free CDN unless i am forced to move out.

Cloudflare is a must for anyone who has a website

We have been using Cloudflare for many years and will continue to use both the free and paid products offered by Cloudflare and its VPN service and free SSL.

Pros

Cloudflare is simply an amazing company with great products that keep all of our websites running smoothly. Before Cloudflare we was always struggling to keep our web servers online, now Cloudflare does all the heavy lifting for us.

Cons

I struggle to find anything negative about Cloudflare, but I do wish to learn more about using the Cloudflare products on our websites and in our business.

Reasons for Choosing Cloudflare

Cloudflare saved us from server downtime problems and continue to provide solutions to keep our websites online and secure.

Wilfrido from JA Del Rio

A quality Content Delivery Network CDN at super affordable prices.

The initial setup is really fast, even some hosting providers already offer it included in their annual plans. We who use the Enterprise version takes just a couple of hours to implement on a new site, relying on notifications in case something needs our attention.

Pros

From time to time we create websites for events or projects independent of our main business line, so even though we need an additional level of protection to that provided by the hosting, at CloudFlare we implement at the beginning of the project and we forget with the peace of mind that we are in good hands .

Cons

The costs of the Business plans are somewhat high compared to the competition, but the Pro or even the Free in some cases is enough for the not-so-extensive needs of simple projects.

Renato Monteiro from RMB Informática

Cloudflare é um serviço necessário a qualquer website

Atualmente utilizo o cloudflare em todos os sites próprios e também nos sites dos clientes do serviço de hospedagem de sites. Além de melhorar a segurança e a velocidade do acesso ao todos os sites também foi possível economizar no tráfego de cada site uma vez que o cloudflare faz cache da parte estática do conteúdo.

Pros

O cloudflare deixa os sites mais seguros a medida que atua como uma camada intermediária entre o usuário e o site, além de distribuir o conteúdo geograficamente utilizando CDN o que torna a acesso ao site mais rápido. As edições de registros DNS são instantâneas o que torna o serviço extremamente interessante mesmo no plano gratuito.

Cons

Disponibilizam somente dois servidores DNS para configuração do site, além disso todos os sites da mesma conta recebem os mesmos servidores DNS, seria interessante ter mais servidores DNS ou a opção de escolher quais servidores usar a fim de evitar que uma empresa com múltiplos domínios concentrem todos os sites nos mesmos servidores.

Josh from JNM Web Creations

Best CDN I know of!

Cloudflare has been fantastic for free you can't beat it and it works easily with many hosts!

Pros

It's free for the features I need. It has great features that I want in a CDN like security, speed and caching. Using just the free features I don't think I need paid features so that is great! Easy to deploy!

Cons

Support isn't great if you don't pay. Also every now and then my site looks odd. I clear the cache on site and browser and it still looks odd. Then I remember to clear cache on cloudflare and it is right. Mainly its that I have to go into the backend to clear cache no wordpress integration to easily clear cloudflare on site unless you use wp rocket.

Reasons for Choosing Cloudflare

Price and had the features I needed.

Nearly every single site we set up gets run through CloudFlare because of it's security and control.

It's great knowing CloudFlare is protecting our site from DDOS attacks. Their caching features make pages load incredibly fast, and their javascript CDN makes our sites load even faster still. The instantly updated DNS settings eliminates any downtime, meaning our users never even notice the switch.

Pros

Once the nameservers are set up at the registrar to point to CloudFlare, DNS changes within CloudFlare are instantaneous. This is a huge deal when moving from one server to another. Having built-in SSL is another great way to provide peace of mind to our visitors. By essentially acting as a reverse proxy, it keeps our servers' IP addresses hidden from would-be attackers. Their bot and DDOS detection is legendary and their basic analytics are surprisingly helpful. A CloudFlare hosted CDN, cdnjs.com, has countless globally hosted scripts that make site building not only easier, but it also ensures the end results performs incredibly well. It's been years since I've set up a site that didn't have some CloudFlare feature built in.

Cons

I haven't had any luck with some of their automatic HTML/JS optimization features that involve rewriting the code. I can see how they would speed up page load, but I've often found they've broken my site. I don't really need that feature, so I'm not missing out, but if you're going to give it a try, make sure you test thoroughly, as you should be with any change made to a public server ;)

Jay from Skunkworks Creative Group

Massive gains with little effort or cost

Cloudflare can be categorized as an easy win. We have been using Cloudflare exclusively for almost all of our agency's clients for several years and cannot recommend them enough. It can be setup in under 30min and provide measurable results and improvements to a domain's performance and security immediately. * More performant and cost effective than Google Cloud, or Amazon AWS offerings. * Ranks #1 on DNSPerf.io * Winner of Network World's "Managed DNS Shootout" The most consistent barrier to adoption for a client is usually the client's I.T. department with arguments along the lines of "GoDaddy's nameservers are good enough.", fears of a product they don't have personal experience with, or a fear of giving up total control of DNS.

Pros

* Extremely easy to use * Performant * Extremely generous free tier * Security * UAC * Effortless SSL * Effortless CDN * Overall better UX

Cons

* Support is via a ticketing system and can be slow when you're utilizing their free plan.

Performance, Reliability, Security options, Ease of use

Hannah from Hello Design USA

Industry: Graphic Design

The best tool for web page security

Thanks to Cloudflare we have excellent security on the web pages, it works great and it is very easy to use it, the interface is excellent and easy to understand, totally happy with the results offered by this tool. and I would recommend to other people who use this service, since I use it there is excellent security and I can say that it is the best platform of this style and type that is why it is so successful and people use it.

Pros

It is a security tool for all the web pages that we manage, it offers excellent security and it offers free SSL certificate which is important so that each website visitor feels security and tranquility, also helps against DDOS attacks in an impressive way and is One of its strengths for which Cloudflare is known, its way of configuring is easy and the interface is simple and easy to handle. In addition to this it also has very good free options that all users can use.

Cons

I really have no complaints or I see significant problems, There are more solutions and utilities that Cloudflare gives than the problems that may arise in certain situations, if there is something to mention and that is when changing a configuration; these changes may take time to make, but basically it does not represent major problems since it is a safe and reliable tool that we can trust and ensure our safety.

Lucas from MOM+POP, Ltd.

Amazing services and only getting better

I run DNS for all my hosting business through Cloudflare. The base-level firewall and caching keeps so much traffic from reaching my servers out of the box that I don't know what I'd do without it. Once you add in manually-configured firewall rules and specific cache instructions, both malicious traffic and legit requests overloading my servers drops even further. The API integration also allows me to add firewall rules based on alerts about malicious activity that I receive from things like fail2ban on my servers. This pushes the IP blocking one step further away from a single server and also protects my entire network of servers and sites from a malicious IP that has triggered a report from one server/site in the newtork.

Pros

Really fast updates to zone records Amazing firewall and DDOS protection keep server load under control Edge cache speeds TTFB and keeps origin server bandwidth low JS Workers are AWESOME and come with a great free tier Great admin UI

Cons

I exclusively use the free tier for 40 domains and I really can't think of a single thing that CloudFlare could offer at this price that I could reasonably expect to get for free. I would be sunk without the free tier and am totally grateful for all they offer.

Viktoria from TTB

An effective solution to keep your website secure and fast

I use Cloudflare to protect and cache all of the websites I ever made for my company or for our clients. Primarily we use it for caching, which sped up our websites by a factor of 10. We also use it to gather information on bandwidth usage, and to make sure we are protected from attacks we can always use it to put our websites in defensive modes. It is an amazing tool I would recommend to everyone working on websites who needs a good cache system.

Pros

The sheer number of features offered by Cloudflare is astonishing! Even if you use it primarily for the cache, it is still an amazing tool that gives a lot and asks for just a little. There are no websites that I run that are not on Cloudflare and I plan on keeping it that way.

Cons

The clean cache button is hidden in a tab while it should not be. It feels like it was put there just to encourage people to pay for the service as the first tab that opens is the one that offers a paid for service and contains only a sentence and a button. I hated when they did that and hope they soon fix it. It feels like a cheap cash grab and does not feel like it belongs to such a respectable and high-quality service.

Rebecca from NITYA Software Solutions Inc

Excellent software to accelerate the response of our website

This software is really useful since thanks to it we can provide our audience with a website or applications that are always available, that is, no matter where you are entering, you can always enter the website quickly because the workload is distributed on several servers, also the entry will always be safe because Cloudflare also stops those attacks that may impair the performance of that site.

Pros

I like Cloudflare a lot because it is a software that helps to accelerate the responses given by websites or applications so that when a visitor enters the site they do not have to go through a slow process to access them, and this is because It gives us balanced loads so that it is not a single server that carries out the work but is distributed on several servers, in addition to providing fast websites it is also able to protect them against threats and bots so before these attacks come and this software has stopped them and the best thing is that it not only protects our website but also its visitors as it sends them alerts that let them know that they are entering from an already infected computer so the easiest way to to avoid that is that he asks that they carry out a captcha.

Cons

One of the drawbacks with this software is that when making changes to the website, such changes may take time to be reflected since this software saves the content in a static way.

David from Flywheel

Highly recommended firewall / CDN for all web sites, plus there is a great Free tier as well!

Overall experience with Cloudflare was really positive and given it does have a free tier and offers quite a few diverse features around security & performance, I recommend this software to all customers.

Pros

Cloudflare does a lot of different things for a web site, two of the biggest benefits is security and performance (often two things that don't always go together). Security - Cloudflare can be used to hide your actually site IP address which helps deter attackers, as well as the packet inspection that Cloudflare does and discards some attacks on your site. You can also reach for an 'Attack Mode' button which adds a Javascript verification prior to loading your site which will deter all bot attacks on your site. In terms of performance, Cloudflare is a large CDN provider with PoP's (Point of Presence) across the globe, so having content cached around the world seriously helps with site speed. Plus, Cloudflare has a really great free tier plan as well!

Cons

There is quite a lot of options in the interface, so can take a bit to get around and get familiar with. Also forcing SSL can easily get your website into a redirect loop, but with patience and a bit of Googling you'll get to the right settings.

Reasons for Choosing Cloudflare

Cloudflare has a great free option.

Alex from Esper Creations, LLC

All in One Solution for Website Speed and Security

Pros

The best feature about this software, in my opinion, is their trade marked Javascript delivery optimization mode: Rocket Loader. This feature enables asynchronous loading of all third party scripts loaded on your web page, drastically increase page load times. Our team enables this feature on each of our client's websites and always results in at least a 10% difference in page speed scores. Another feature that our company could certainly not live without is their dead simple firewall rule integration. A large majority of our clients only accept work locally or nationally, so any traffic coming from international sources is more than likely visiting with malicious intent. The country blocking feature in the firewall integration allows us to block this likely malicious traffic and decrease the odds of any security breaches into our client's sites.

Cons

The only annoyance I had while using this software was the 30 second delay when clearing the server cache. This is a very small issue since 30 seconds is certainly not a long time, but my patience is not great when attempting to debug or optimize page speeds. This problem can be solved by turning development mode on, but when this feature is on all optimization features are disabled, so optimizing page speeds is not possible.

Andrew from NURV

Cloudflare is a “must have”

I’ve been using website caching providers for about 7 years now, and switched to Cloudflare about 4 years ago. I have not once looked back. For the money, CloudFlare is by far the best caching solution on the market. I use it on two websites, each with different needs, and am able to achieve very affordably what would have been a pretty expensive configuration a decade ago. The automation in CloudFlare makes it simple for anybody to use them. I have a technical background, but many of my clients don’t, and I’m able to walk them through getting set up and running with CloudFlare with very short order. I see myself being a CloudFlare customer for years to come.

Pros

The Cloudflare interface is intuitive and the software is extremely simple to use. The “set it and forget it” functionality is amazing, as it serves very much as an autonomous coaching solution once properly configured. Sure, you’ll need to tweak it from time to time as your website needs change, but that process is inviting and easy, even for people with less technical background. I also love the value that you get in even the lower-tiered price points. The DNS management is a huge bonus as well.

Cons

It’s hard to say something bad about Cloudflare, but if I had to play devil’s advocate, I’d say that there are maybe a few features in the higher tier packages that I’d like to see in the entry level plan. Most users won’t feel this way though, as my particular needs are a little more specific than most.

Geoffrey from Konnektive LLC

Great for Admins!

It is a huge time saver when you have to manage lots of one-off sub domains. For trivial sites it reduces system administration work. The caching service is also useful.

Pros

I like that I can use the reverse proxy to apply an ssl certificate. This saves me immense amounts of time. Before Cloudflare, I would be presented with a random cloud server with something hacked together by a developer on it, and told "We need this live before tomorrow." I would then go about trying to get credentials so I could install the certificate. Now, I can just point a domain at an ip and assign a subdomain and ssl cert without ever having to log into a server.

Cons

The Ip addresses it uses for the reverse proxy all have to be whitelisted. Since I don't have a private Ip address that is just mine, I cannot use the reverse proxy for certain production servers. If the traffic comes through cloudflare's porxy service, you lose the source unless you change your application to consume a header they attach.

Rick from Rheinmetall Denel Munition

Cloudflare took my site from Google Page Speed Score from 56/100 to 88/100 within a day!

My website's increase in speed was phenomenal. With the absolute minimal changes to my website configuration (I just added an optional plugin), and changes to my DNS settings, I was able to take my Google Page Speed Score from a 56 to an 88 within 24 hours. This is very good for SEO and page ranking, which was really amazing.

Pros

Cloudflare works seamlessly in the background, without having to do very much configuration. After the initial DNS setup, plugin setup on WordPress, and Configuration Wizard on Cloudflare, the process runs itself. I was amazed that a CDN could speed my website up as much as it did. I am now able to handle much larger volumes of traffic thanks to this. The protection from DDOS attacks is a definite added bonus, not that I have seen this used on my sites yet.

Cons

The initial setup and propagation of DNS settings across the web makes for a few a small bit of downtime during the first day, but this is most likely a function of how the internet works, and not the actual software

Ryan from BlueFrog Media Ltd

A Free Plan Offering Premium Features

The main reason we first started using CloudFlare within our business was to upgrade all of our sites to SSL effortlessly, in preparation for the new Google HTTPS stricter rules. CloudFlare served this function perfectly, saving us money on advanced SSL certificates as well as time on installing these certificates manually. Since then, we have explored the other features of CloudFlare and impressed has been an understatement. As stated earlier, the benefits of CloudFlare are simply astonishing for a free product.

Pros

The free plan on CloudFlare is simply unbelievable value. For the low cost of nothing, you gain a world class CDN system which offers enterprise level security that rivals many premium, high cost solutions. The variety of features is astonishing too, with free SSL certificates, caching services and advanced analytics included also with the free plan.

Cons

It's hard to fault CloudFlare, but if I were to criticise something it would be that many of the caching features cause severe breakage to a site. For example, whenever I enable the Rocket Loader my WordPress sites are always broken in some form. However, beggars can't be choosers and these issues can simply be averted by not enabling this feature.

The web goes through Cloudflare

Cloudflare allows me to have one general dashboard for most of my DNS usage, has relevant security and performance improvements and I can turn on/off individual features as I please. it's a very good and reliable central hub where to handle all of that work, which would be annoying without. I've been using it.. forever it feels like, and I'm happy with it.

Pros

The free opportunity is so robust that most of the websites I have go through Cloudflare FREE plan, even if just to handle DNS. It works perfectly and then you can scale up individual websites as you need to.

Cons

There really isn't much not to like, everything works as it should. If there's anything I could say something about their rocket loader not playing nice with many web platforms, so it can't really be used much. But that's it.

Reasons for Choosing Cloudflare

Every host and place has their own cPanel or similar software to handle DNS, every domain registrar has their own as well, but having all of that in one platform makes things SO much easier.

Boris from Zero Molecule

Amazing CDN and great protection for your website

We use Cloudflare for caching and CDN primarily, but are also very happy with its DDoS attack protection. All the customers we introduce to Cloudflare are absolutely amazed by how much it improves their website and how well it behaves once behind CDN and solid caching, just by using the free version. Most of them switch to the paid version later on.

Pros

Everything in Cloudflare is amazing and useful for all the websites I make. If I had to pick and choose I would be hard pressed to choose between the CDN and caching. Both work wonders in improving your website speed, which Google rewards with better positioning, and customers reward with longer retention. The best part - basic features are free to use!

Cons

Some of the options are not available in the free version and those options are pricey. Other than that, I have nothing I don't like about Cloudflare. Using the free version is enough for basic protection and caching and that works like a charm.

O. Kelvin from Fiverr

Top Service For SSL

Makes installing SSL certificate for my websites easy.

Pros

These days websites with no SSL certificate installed scare users. Google Chrome displays the scary message "website not secure" to users immediately they land on your website, this is a big red flag. As a website owner, you can't ignore SSL certificate for your website, and Cloudflare helps you with that. At a time, I was struggling with installing an SSL certificate for my blog, almost paid huge amount to someone who promised to save my blog, I had to pause for a moment, went online for solution and cloudflare saved the day. There are videos on YouTube that can show you how to use it. It's just a matter of changing your name servers to the that of Cloudflare.

Cons

None, but it was hard at first, but now I even use it for my clients.

Kelsey from Lawgical

Cloudflare Solved our Small Business Client DNS Issues

We were basically dealing with a nightmare of managing DNS for hundreds of website clients. We ran into a couple of situations where we were having to call up like a hundred people, ask them to find the GoDaddy account they set up however many years ago, and walk them through setting up DNS. These are small business owners and feel frustrated by Facebook, so you can imagine what a DNS dashboard looks like to them. Anyway, through the magic of Cloudflare we are able to now manage all of these accounts on one dashboard and offer SSL certification to our clients. Win win.

Pros

First of all, free SSL Certs can't be beat. We set up simple business websites for our clients, and making them secure easily and cheaply is great for their online marketing and our street cred. But the best part of using Cloudflare is that we don't have to spend hours poking around in various DNS management platforms and asking non-tech-savvy clients for GoDaddy passwords (shhhh). We just give them NS values and take on all their current settings (including email yay). Don't forget to add their site to Cloudflare before they switch the name servers over though. And if you're ever confused, ALWAYS ASK A REAL DEVELOPER!

Cons

Their email notifications can be a bit overkill. Also, there's a small learning curve on using the dashboard and if you do it wrong, big problems can arise. FYI, I'm not a full on developer, but I do manage DNS for our small website product hosted on Heroku.

Antonio from TTB

The best CDN available

If you need a CDN, look no further. Cloudflare has your back. You can also optimize your website for faster loading just by pressing a few toggles in their interface. The interface is clean and nice, and very friendly to use. We have all of our websites and all of the websites we made behind Cloudflare, and I can't imagine how it would be without it. In one case it sped up the load time by a factor of six.

Pros

The basic version of Cloudflare is free and yet does more than some other paid for solutions. All of our pages are behind Cloudflare and it has saved us amazing amounts of bandwidth. We rely on it when our comics go live as we can get quite a number of people reading them simultaneously, and without Cloudflare caching it would be a disaster.

Cons

Nothing to put here, as I've only had amazing experience with Cloudflare. It is a tried and tested solution that just keeps on giving.

Cloudflare is for professionals.

I use Cloudflare on all my websites and my customer sites and I feel that they do the best job at making it easy to edit DNS records, and alone is worth a lot. It also keeps me from needing to learn to edit the DNS records in the various (and weird) interfaces of domain registrars. Overall, I have been with Cloudflare since launch and I trust them with my all of my sites (and my client's sites) access to the internet, and that means a lot.

Pros

I like being able to set up a customer's DNS records in a matter of minutes with Cloudflare. Ease-of-use is important to me. The good feeling that Cloudflare is blocking mal-intended traffic globally is, of course important too.

Cons

I use the Cloudflare WordPress plugin and I find it confusing. It is easier for me to just login and turn on "developer mode" or flush the cache on the web app than it is to dig in and find and use the setting inside plugin on my websites.

Dominik from Faculty of Organisation and Informatics

Free CDN that you should be using!

If you have high bandwidth costs you can cut them at least by half because if you properly set Cloudflare to cache everything, your website will be served from their edge servers which are closest to the client and that leads to super speedy websites for the client which is what we all want when building websites. I need to mention also that their documentation is really good and all the problems I had I successfully fixed by myself and when you need support they are always available by ticket system or even by phone.

Pros

What I love about Cloudflare is that it is a very versatile piece of art which works incredibly with all my websites. I have a small blog and have been using Cloudflare for a few years. I help me speed up my site and block malicious bots trying to log in or any other attackers. It also has included a web firewall which is great. If you need per page customization of their settings you can always use page rules or even add apps to your website which extend functionality. It really has a lot to offer for a free price.

Cons

I don't like that their free plan is somehow limited but that is normal in the business world. If you have special needs you will certainly need to pay a few additional page rules or even pro package which is not so expensive but gives an extra few features like image optimization and several options to even speed up your website more. Sometimes it can actually slow down your website because of all additional code added but that is rarely a case and probably is a result of bad theme or bad programming practice.

Esra from V-Count

Easily protect your websites!

Overall it is the best CDN in the market.

Pros

Cloudflare has a lot of nice features. It detects the location of visitors and directs them to its nearest data center so it can serve from its cache to reduce latency. You can easily block threats and abusive bots. You can detect and mitigate DDoS attacks to protect your websites. Creating your account is super easy. Just register with your email address and password. Enter your domain and leave the rest to Cloudflare.

Cons

You should really understand how to use Cloudlfare because for example when it blocks your website against a threat your website will be inaccessible and visitors will see an unfriendly webpage instead of your nice looking pages. To prevent this you should act fast and fix the problem.

Adithya from SAP

Cost effective and the best CDN , DDOS mitigation provider

Pros

* Best and the market leader for providing CDN. * Servers CDN from many locations and is having the largest network of CDN servers. * Can protect against massive DDOS attacks. * Extremely easy to set up the basic CDN and DDOS protection. * Provides easy to use DNS editor to configure the domain. * We can set rules for routing and traffic management. * Block bad actors based on AI and incoming traffic. * Extremely cost effective and has the best free plan available. * Can serve the websites from cached versions in case of end point server outage.

Cons

* DDOS Mode if activated can cause captcha protection to appear for many legitimate users as well for initial load. This might deter or make them leave the site

Anders from Future Ordering Sweden AB

Cloudflare, security and performance deluxe

Cloudflare is many things. It gives us CDN functionality, reverse proxy, web application firewall and great flexibility when exposing applications over the internet. It boosts security to enterprise-grade with a very decent price model.

Pros

Easy to get started, offers a wide range of features for both security and performance for our applications. Works great with other cloud providers since Cloudflare is based on DNS.

Reasons for Choosing Cloudflare

All other solutions would have made us use several products to achieve the same result. Using Cloudflare, we have one product that is fully integrated and overs a wide arrange of capabilities.

Sarah from EVB

Cloudflare is a good tool to manage networks and their security

The Cloudflare platform allows us to identify the behavior of our visitors and bots, which other types of common analytical technologies are not capable of. Its WAF function gives us the protection of our DDos and SSL certificates, thus also protecting website owners and visitors from any online threat. There is not much to say that we have not said before. Cloudflare seemed to us from the beginning a great investment, full of labor advantages. The ease with which we can integrate the cloudflare platform to other services through the use of API tools has turned out to be very convenient. Totally recommended.

Pros

Cloudfare provides a fairly customizable open API, and its encryption system is safe for sites whose purpose is to protect intellectual property. Cloudflare has a convenient system for creating web traffic reports, and allows prioritizing threats to our website. Cloudflare is a network protection service highly recommended to carry a secure management and without problems. Its use is highly recommended for businesses with large networks, in order to avoid material losses. This platform is considered indispensable for web security.

Cons

Its system for tracking extraordinary events is not very customizable. It is quite limited when it comes to the removal of spyware, and can not do analysis of the vulnerabilities closest to our page. In addition, it does not offer protection guarantees for attachments, or anti-spam filter for emails.

Freddy from Level One Training and Fitness

Glad I Discovered This!

After having used Cloudflare for over a year, I'm happy to know that they are continuing to grow. I feel that their role as a CDN has improved both the speed with which my website loads to viewers as well as security they provide for the backend of my site. Within the past year, I was witness to live DDoS attacks on my site thru 3rd party security software. When this took place, I was able to change one setting ("Under Attack") on Cloudflare which effectively locked down my website to the attackers and yet still kept it free on the web for others to use. Once the attack was over, I just changed the setting back to normal and all was good. One more thing to add, because of the way in which a CDN delivers, it was very convenient to be able to "clear the cache" at Cloudflare after making changes to my site. More importantly, you have the option of clearing just the cache of the specific page you were working on.

Pros

Ease of use, features provided.

Cons

Nothing I can think of at the time of this writing.

Aaron from Sparkk TV

Industry: Broadcast Media

Great CDN with much more to offer

We use Cloudflare as a CDN, when we first set-up we ran into some errors, but support helped us create rules so the cache did not affect the admin panel of our site. Cloudflare helps us save on bandwidth and if our server goes down, delivers a cached version of our site to users.

Pros

Very easy to set-up and many web hosts offer a one click set-up through CPanel. Free Plan offers all websites need and upgrading to a paid plan is very easy. If you don't know what something is, their team gets back with you right away.

Cons

There is not much to dislike about Cloudflare, you can run into some problems when you first set-up if some rules are not set-up properly. They should offer plugins for CMS suites for flawless integration.

Adam from Octopus Mobile

Non existing customer support

I have used their services for many years and would recommend them to anyone with the patience to find out all the available and very useful services on their own. My last, very frustrating experience has ruined the positive experience of previous years. I had to move the site back to the original hosting losing a significant amount of time.

Pros

I have to admit, when it works, it is an amazing solution to load your website quicker and get better SEO scores.

Cons

Generally, no support exists. I have sent 10 emails begging them for help with one of my website which suddenly had an IP issue. The site was down and not a single response arrived. 10 emails in 10 days. The worst customer service experience ever.

Gonzalo from Freelance

A must have for security and overall peace of mind

Pros

Pointing my site to Cloudflare is one of the very first things I do while developing a self-hosted site or when taking over an existing site that either suffers on the performance or the security. This is a classic scenario to face while developing a Wordpress site, the client shows up with a slow and unsafe site, using Cloudflare in this cases is a life and time-saver. With a few clicks, you can cache, activate SSL on your site (bringing customers to trust back) and use their CDN that rocks, especially for Javascript. The DNS changes are instantaneous, making server migration a breeze. The protection against DDOS is vital for high-traffic sites, your IP will be hidden as well and your precious server resources will be safe as well. If everything else fails just switch "I am under attack" mode. Cloudflare is now a must have tool for virtually every site I develop.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is the lack of customization of the 404 and 500 error screens on the free plans. But I guess is fair enough since their plans are not that expensive neither.

Madison from Lawgical

Easy and Reliable

The few times I needed Cloudflare support, they were quick and helpful. Cloudflare made website management much more manageable!

Pros

DNS is difficult to understand but Cloudflare takes out a lot of guesswork. Since a lot of traffic is proxied through Cloudflare, SSL is also incredibly easy to set up. It's DNS scan feature is very accurate, which is really helpful since I'm working with clients who have their own domains but we manage the DNS. Page rules are an added bonus to create some set up "add-ons" that make a lot of our requests easy to manage. Overall, my favorite feature are the email alerts for when a domain's nameservers no longer point to Cloudflare. That allows us to provide invaluable customer service for our own clients.

Cons

The recent UI change made adding DNS records a little more tedious. Some of the features (e.g. Always Use HTTPS) aren't as prominent as I think they should be since security is so important.

What i think of Cloudflare

Cloudflare has saved my business from over one million attacks since i started using it. It has also saved me a whole lot of bandwidth. Cloudflare is super cool.

Pros

Cloudflare's basic security features are totally free. Cloudflare also comes in with an effective anti ddos feature, a keep alive feature, a powerful cache system and a wonderful firewall settings, of which you can add your own firewall rules.

Cons

Its price. Cloudflare's pricing is for established businesses who can afford their premium services. If you can afford it, it is worth every penny. I personally have no major issues with cloudflare

Samim from Senorita Creations Private Limited

Getting fast image loads and sites

Running an ecommerce site for multiple target location is tough and delivering content fast is more than a cake walk so we are using CloudFlare CDN and now our site is loading fast in our target geographic locations such as USA and Europe. The integration is very easy as just hosting the DNS with them is enough and it can cache static content very easily. We have compared the result without DNS and this tool is giving us really good performance. Its a must for every ecommerce site and on top of it you can use the free cdn feature as long as you want with extra bandwidth saving.

Pros

- Very good DNS management console. - Easy to implement CDN for specific sites or subdomains. - Very good caching of static contents such as images and files. - Many edge points to our target market.

Cons

- Have not found any such major issue with this tool.

Umair from Butt IT Solutions

The Best Web Performance and Website Security Company

I have four top-level domain names, and the nameservers of all these websites are pointed to the cloudflare. Now the speed of my websites pages is really better and perfect. Now I feel that the content of my websites is really secure. I really like the incredible features of cloudflare like Page Rules, Analytics, DNS, SSL, Firewall and other options.

Pros

Cloudflare is a professional and famous platform, that allows you to improve the performance and speed of your website. You can use SSL security certificate option and there are lots of other features that are really useful and incredibly good for your website content. You can enable a lot of optimization option like image resizing, auto minify the javascript, css, and html.

Cons

I am using the Cloudflare and I have found it extraordinary best for my websites. Because now my users are really satisfied with the speed of my website. So according to my experience, there are no cons.

Valentin from 24houranswers

Cloudflare the free internet accelerator

The experience with Cloudflare was very good. There is no free internet accelarator as Cloudflare. In half hour you can deploy Cloudflare very easy and the results are very good. :)

Pros

Years ago I had a physics website show-my-homework.com. I worked for this internet website 5 years then I sold the webiste for 200 USD. Two years I used Cloudflare to improve the speed of the website. Improving the speed with 20%, improves the earnings with 50%. Cloudflare was free and very good doing this. Change the DNS settings of your website to the Cloudflare DNS and after a day you have a website with the speed improved with 20%.

Cons

When the website speed is improved with cloudflare some of the javascripts on the website do not work.

Good deal with extensive security

Cloudflare has been easy to work with. Their support is responsive but not always the smartest on things. I think their product has grown a lot and keeps adding complimentary products that have kept us ahead of attacks. Our site is also lot faster using their tool.

Pros

Simple to get going and provide some basic security for a site. Their pricing is agreeable for small businesses that need powerful protection. We have seen DDoS attacks stopped by Cloudflare for years now and it only keeps getting better. They have added more robust features however they do cost extra but its worth it.

Cons

Some of the layer 7 attack prevention methods are not very automatic. It would be great if they auto blocked certain IPs or ASN that went over a certain metric threshold. There is no reason an IP should be able to send 1TB of bandwidth without a challenge. If there was a rule system that could help with these cases.

Philip from Episerver

Incredible tool for improving site performance and customer experience

This software improves the experiences of our customers, which leads to better customer experiences and consequentially is an irreplaceable tool in our tool belt.

Pros

We use this tool everyday to improve the customer experience as they interact with our websites. Anyone familiar with a CDN will know why its important for delivery of content to the end user, and Cloudflare gets this right. In addition the software is user focused, its not hard to find what you are looking for, whether that be a simple task like clearing cache, or their always online technology. Its very good stuff.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything that Cloudflare is not at least addressing, if not outright mastering within this field.

Joshua from EduBlocks

Easy to setup CDN

I've used Cloudflare on all of my recent websites and I'm happy with the service

Pros

Cloudflare's setup process is one of the best I've seen in any software, it walks you through exactly what you need to do to get started. Once setup, it gives you a number of different tools that are really easy to use in order to configure the CDN. I'm really happy with how it performs on all my sites.

Cons

No complaints about Cloudflare apart from the rare outages which can sometimes be a pain but it's to be expected.

Yaroslav from The American College of Greece

Pretty Much Unique solution on the market for Web Securing and Traffic Management

Pros

I have started using cloudflare for work purposes and for development projects. After some time, I have come to realisation that it's an amazing tool the covers all you need and is one of several starter tools to set up woth you site. - Security against DDOS - NS Management - SSL configuration - Caching and Speed And it is FREE for essencial things!

Cons

Really none. I am using tool with all projects of mine now and I am strugling to find anything bad about it. The only issue with it is the power it gives. You have to be careful and responsible to work with it or you can easily damage site or cause problems. Overal, the tool is awesome!

Michael from Blu Creative

Easy to set up, and great added security for almost any website

Cloudflare is a great solution for beginners looking to secure their website, as we have a couple clients' using their services for smaller websites.

Pros

The biggest feature for Cloudflare lies in its' simplicity to set up with your site and domain. Many hosts and Cpanels now offer Cloudflare integration, which will set up the DNS for you with one click. Once you're set up, Cloudflare runs seamlessly in the background. The DDoS protection (while not necessary for most smaller sites) is great for peace of mind. Most people use Cloudflare for the free SSL encryption, which is great, but it's important to at least do your research on some free encryption services that have surfaced recently (Let's Encrypt, etc.)

Cons

In our uses, we found the 'always live' features, which offers a cached version of your site in the event it goes down, didn't quite work all the time. In the few times our site went down, users were met with a Cloudflare connection error message, which really defeats the purpose... Additionally, in some cases, we had some issues with IP address reporting on our traffic, which caused some conflicts. This was solved by disabling a few settings within the Cloudflare panel.

Great WAF, nice bot mitigation and education. Good for cloud-first companies.

We use this for all of our public site. We have a lot of attacks and it's always nice to see the WAF doing its job as advertised and protecting our IP.

Pros

Integration with Splunk/SIEM, going through the data, preventing attacks and scrapers has been very helpful for us.

Cons

The GUI take a little to get use to, but overall, I don't have many complaints about it. Education is key with this and understanding security use cases and concerns help how you approach use of this.

Better offering.

Jorgen from ClickUp Project Management

Best reverse proxy CDN around

Cloudflare is a great tool to secure and improve the performance of any website. It may not be the right fit for large scale apps, but for 90% of apps, Cloudflare is a must.

Pros

Cheap pricing outside of enterprise Great caching and uptime performance Tons of security and performance features available out of the box

Cons

Pricing for the Enterprise plan is pricy Cannot have more than 5 load pools on a Business plan Support primarily shifts the blame on the customer when it's an issue on their end

Kent from KentBigDog Consulting

I don't use any other DNS provider for my or my client's sites

Improves a website's performance and security.

Pros

Cloudflare is my goto DNS, CDN and Security provider. In my opinion, they are the best of the best. If you have a domain on the web, you should be using Cloudflare, it's just that simple. They'll cache your website, compress code, make it faster and secure it all at the same time.

Cons

The pricing is beginning to climb but for what you get I think the value is still there. Even their free version has more going for it than other DNS providers.