All Keeper Security Reviews

Justin

201 - 500 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed April 2021

Good value but not exceptional

Catherine A.

Reviewed September 2016

Keeper Security Saved Me After A Robbery

I currently use the Keeper Security app on my iPhone 6 and my MacBook Pro. Nearly four years ago I was struggling to keep track of all of my log in IDs and passwords. I knew it was important to have a variety of passwords and a complexity to them across all the electronic areas I utilized. I found the Keeper Security app to be easy to use. I soon out-grew my need for the free version and purchased the full application. This product has far surpassed my expectations! It is easy to use, back up, and synchronize with my laptop. I highly recommend this product for individuals, but would recommend it for small businesses as well. A final testimony to how this product has served me: In 2015 my home was broken into and my spouse and I got cleaned out! To make matters more complicated, we were living outside of the USA at the time. Luckily, I still had one computer and I was able to access my Keeper Security backup. Because I had Keeper I could provide all of the account numbers of my banking information, license, and passport to the police. I could call back to the USA and work with one of my banks and my credit card institutions, because I had kept the phone numbers associated with them in the Keeper Security folders that I set up. This application, this software really saved me during one of my darkest days. Again, I highly recommend this program.

PROS

Easy to use. Easy to access when you need to look up something quickly and in the moment. I have 235 listings currently and I grow the data base each week because I find one more thing to keep secure. I am able to have highly complex passwords for my financial profiles because Keeper will generate them for me. I can choose the length of password I need and press the magic dice! I like having all of my insurance information, email passwords, all the access information I forget to use with Apple, and I can have a different password for each website I sign into.

CONS

The one thing that I have recommended to Keeper is to create a price break for those who want it for just two people in the household. Right now there is no price break for two. The pricing structure is great if you want to buy a family plan, but I don't have five people in my household.

Abbie

Public Relations and Communications, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Great app to store and manage passwords!

We have hundreds of sites we manage and managing passwords for a team was not easy. An excel ss doesn't cut it. Keeper makes it easy for the team to update passwords as needed and everyone else has easy access to shared passwords.

PROS

The ease to implement and store passwords. I really like how easy it is to find stored passwords. I like that you can copy and past to the site you need to access. It's intuitive and just easy to use.

CONS

I wish the alphabet line to the right was a little bigger when I am using the phone app. This is not a big deal but I would like more of a variety and color options for the background.

Reason for choosing Keeper Security

It's definitely easier to manage and personally I think Keeper is smoother? I can't really tell you other than to say I love Keeper.

Reviewed August 2018

Terrible Customer Service!

PROS

When it worked, it was terrific in keeping passwords, etc. Synced to all my Mac devices. had a bitter divorce from it recently, little/no hope of reconciliation.

CONS

couldn't transfer Keeper to an iPhone X. Customer service absolutely horrible. Kept sending rote responses, never addressed my issues. Thought I had successfully installed on new phone but now it won't open at all,

We're sorry that you are upset. Please email me at andy@keepersecurity.com and we'll help you out.

Replied September 2018

Nick

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Easy enough and necessary

Really good.

PROS

Simple to use and enterprise grade. Support is very effective.

CONS

The auto fill can be a little irritating but need it more than don’t.

Reason for choosing Keeper Security

Thought it was a better overall product.

Concerned about privacy/security

Hector

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201-500 employees

Great value, great product

PROS

We manage a lot of credentials to access our IT infrastructure. Keeper has helped us to secure our credentials, manage and share very easily.

CONS

Works only with web applications. I would like this to work with desktop applications.

Reason for choosing Keeper Security

Best cost/benefit solution for passwords management

Niles

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Keeper Stands Out

PROS

Easy to use. Well designed. To date, no difficulties.

CONS

Improving app version might help, but not a big issue.

Reasons for switching to Keeper Security

Found 1Password to always cause issues. Became annoying overtime.

Karen

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Three Cheers for Keeper Password Manager

We are a small non-profit entity with 3 full-time employees and a contract Association Management Service. We are all in different locations and work remotely. It is absolutely essential that we keep a centralized database for passwords and account access.

PROS

Very easy to administer for a distributed organization where people are working from multiple locations. It prevents us from losing access to accounts if there is a personnel change. I also use the browser integration and phone app daily.

CONS

I can't really think of a negative at the moment.

Reason for choosing Keeper Security

I had ~10 years of experience using Keeper as a personal password manager.

Reviewed November 2022

The World #1 Top Rated Password Management Industries Leader

Top notch security audit solution.Excellent in audit trails and simple to use.User friendly interface.

PROS

Password security management, Automated Team Management, Advanced Two-Factor Authentication

CONS

Most saved password should have double Encrypted Vault layer

Best security audit software

Angelique

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Keeper for business creates a safe system for password management

Overall if you’re looking for a password management system that people will use and is simple and secure then I highly recommend Keeper.

PROS

Keeper is very simple and easy to use, set up is quick and ensures that your passwords are kept safe and secure. I really like that the data is encrypted and that you can use fingerprint and facial recognition to open the app or a master password so if you have to swap to another device everything is stored on a cloud base.

CONS

The only thing that was not great about keeper was that it can get quite pricey when compared to other password management systems.

Carl

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Easy Password Manager for tracking and managing passwords

Works very well and I feel secured and can sleep at night knowing our passwords are stored safely.

PROS

Simple to use and provides an easy method for entering passwords on web sites through the extension on the browser.

CONS

Hard to manage multiple instances of passwords for a site. If you are a user with more than one profile sometimes it is hard to get the software to switch to the other user id/password.

Dennis

Defense & Space, 201-500 employees

Decent Enterprise Password Manager

We hoped to get users to adopt using keeper, but have had pretty poor overall adoption. Early on, there were some bugs in the browser integration that caused user headaches, and Keeper developed a reputation in our org of being a problem, not solution. Average user thinks storing passwords on the web is insecure, and people make crazy arguments as to why they do not want to use a PW manager. Short of an edict that it must be used, adoption has been our major issue. The IT team users Keeper, and we are happy with daily use. We have had pretty good support from Keeper when problems have come up. Most issues were getting the Connection to Azure working (documentation was not up to date, the Azure Web site had been modified). Migration between versions was another big issue when some users lost access to their vaults. In short, this is a good tool, but we have not gotten the business value we had hoped for due to poor adoption.

PROS

Keeper is pretty easy to use. Support is pretty good. Security model is good. Azure / AD Integration Admin console shows good stats on adoption rate and usage.

CONS

Ability to import from 1 password is very limited. Instructions are poor, and relies on CSV and CSV grooming to get an import to at best partly work. As a long time 1password user, having to manually update every entry, and recreate the OTP was way more difficult than it should have been. One of the Keeper upgrades broke access to a number of vaults, and correcting this was a wasted day of my life. Azure integration stopped working right for these account, had to get them setup again with a Master Password. Seems like the upgrade was poorly on inadequately tested. The need to have a VM dedicated to connect Azure to Keeper- drop this. Other integrations with Azure do not require an on premises VM. Why is this integration not hosted on a Keeper Server? Security audit has no filtering between personal and shared entries. Cannot add columns to audit results, and cannot limit audit to a single vault/folder.

Reason for choosing Keeper Security

Best all around feature set at the time.

Sharon

Writing and Editing, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2019

Keeper for Business is the best software for maintain privacy of your documents

It is invaluable, I have had it for YEARS. You have virus software for your computers and tablets. This is just double protection for your business and they have a personal version. When I say its worth the yearly fee, it is, If I remember correctly you can on multiple devices and teams for the price

PROS

The security and ease of setting up the product. I put it on everything I own and I have had no problems. It keeps up with important documents, passwords and keeps them stored and protected on a yearly service. Provides encryption and chat if your need it for security reasons. You can keep memos, digital files and photos on your device. You can share the files and add family members just in case of emergency. Also protects you from any data breaches or if your phone or other devices are hijacked. Worth every penny and you can customize it to your tastes as well.

CONS

There is a learning curve when knowing to set up which files and folders; watch the tutorial. If you lose your password or forget your backup information to get back on you can be locked out or it can self destruct. Its great for theives, not so much for you. You can call or email customer service to get back on.

Dennis

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2018

Safe Deposit Box for All Your Passwords

Best password generator I've ever used. It's simply great!

PROS

This is a great product. Keeper is a vault and a generator for passwords. And it also has a browser extension that allows the vault to be accessed while online. Keeper can generate ids and passwords for new sites...and they are very secure passwords...very cryptic 128-byte passwords. It also is has fields for storing answers to questions used to verify one's identity that are sometimes used by sites. In the vault, you can organize passwords in folders...for example, all banking passwords in one folder, home information sites in another. And it will fill in the id's and passwords automatically if you wish. The vault can be backed up to the cloud or stored on another device of your choosing. The can print them out. Finally, it will sync across several devices. Create a password on your computer, it shows on your tablet or phone.

CONS

This product is simply great! They do have a small charge annually if you want to share the program with other family members.

Reviewed May 2020

Convenient and time saving password keeper

Overall, it was easy to transition our whole company over to Keeper. The vault is easy to organize and navigate, and the extension is a lifesaver when it comes to efficiency.

PROS

Our company switched from LastPass to Keeper to cut costs and I've found that it functions just as well if not slightly more efficiently. The browser extension for Keeper makes it quick and easy to log into any platform - it autofills passwords a little more seamlessly. It was also very simple to transfer passwords from LastPass to Keeper using an excel sheet or by logging into the account. The vault is easy to organize - it's easy to find what you're looking for and makes looking through a plethora of login information less daunting.

CONS

The extension wasn't very intuitive at first - if it doesn't autofill (which it usually does) then you have to click around the little extension popups to find the login you need. That's the main thing I preferred about LastPass - it made it a bit easier to look through possible logins and pick the right one. It's a very small critique!

Reasons for switching to Keeper Security

Our company made the switch to cut costs.

Anna Christine

Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Keeper is. Keeper

We require our end users to change their master password every 4 months. Our higher end security level clearance users are required to change their master password daily. That’s a lot to keep up with and keeper has helped our end users decrease their tickets for lost password by over 92%.

PROS

Ease of use for end users; top notch security; ability sync across devices

CONS

Would prefer it force client to chose or create a folder. My client sometimes create loads of entries without folders and they are heavy users then get lost. The search feature is an excellent tool for them to use but folders help keep them organized.

Reason for choosing Keeper Security

I had used Keeper on the personal side and presented it to the team. By reviewing the product and glancing at other products “claimed” features we went with Keeper because it met our basic needs, provided minimal training needs/costs and the ROI was high.

Jay