All Trello Reviews

Kathryn

2 - 10 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed February 2021

Trello is perfect for small teams, especially when working remotely.

Danny

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Scalable and flexible project planning and task management software.

This is software that we use every single day. I also use Trello in a professional capacity. It is easy to get up and running, and easy to get clients onboarded with it as well.

PROS

We love how flexible Trello is. We have separate boards for different projects and even for our internal team management and admin tasks like accounting and HR. There is no "right way" to set up Trello, which means you can mold it to your own needs.

CONS

Over the years, they've included less and less in the free version, but if you're running a business, the pricing is fair and scalable to pay for it.

Reason for choosing Trello

Basecamp didn't have a freemium model. You get a free trial, then must pay to continue using. Trello lets you use the free version perpetually until you grow into paying for it. ClickUp seemed way to robust and monolithic for our needs. Trello was much simpler to get up and running.

Reasons for switching to Trello

Asana seemed like it was more geared toward larger teams and just simply wasn't as intuitive to get in and set it up.

Mary

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Trello is a Lifesaver!

In HR, our processes are extensive. With multiple people touching the same onboarding, termination, promotion, driver qualification, FMLA case, workers' compensation case, etc., Trello has become a critical part of our daily lives as it allows us to stay organized and see, in real time, who completed which tasks, and when. We essentially use our Trello checklists like "cheat sheets" for many of our processes.

PROS

The cards, templates, and checklists are definitely my favorite features in Trello. Our team can stay organized and see, in real-time, which tasks are outstanding and which user they are assigned to. We can also organize different card types into categories. Our dashboard shows us, at a glance, what projects we're working on. For example, if we have a new hire, they will have their own Trello checklist with a set of steps that apply to all new hires. If a step doesn't apply to them, we can delete it without affecting the main template card, which includes all possible steps for a new hire.

CONS

There are only two things I can think of that would make Trello even better. (1) The ability to add line breaks to steps would make them easier to read. (2) The ability to make mass edits to multiple cards at once (i.e., verbiage updates for a step) would save me a lot of time.

Reason for choosing Trello

I didn't look at alternative products. My previous company used Trello as a standard already, and I loved it so much that I introduced it to Pierson when I started here three years ago.

Chaya

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2019

Trello - Managing projects sophisticatedly

Trello is becoming one of the most popular project management tools with its facilities like file uploading , adding due dates, color labels . Also Trello can be used with many devices like phones , computers or tablets. These facilities have attracted the users and it has become more popular among the users.

PROS

Trello is a one of the most popular web based project management tool used in these days. Because of its attractive visual and high adaptability it has become more and more popular. Through Trello people wo are scattered on different geographical areas yet working on the same project can get together and continue their work without any obstacles. The application provides the ability to transfer files among the team members and users can put cards to mark the work to do. Also each card is assigned a color label according to the priority of each task. Because of the colored label facility users may not miss dead lines. When a card is created user is given a chance to add due date . When the time is close color of the card turns in to yellow and once the date is passed it will automatically turn in to red. This method helps the user not to miss the dead lines. Also Trello can be used on many platforms like computers , tablets and even on the phones.

CONS

In order to use Trello users need to have a proper internet connection. Without a proper network connection users cannot use the application. Trello is more suitable for simple projects with in a small scale. It is not suitable for big projects with many teams . Users can only upload files up to 10MB for each attachment. Files bigger than 10MB cannot be upload if you are a basic member. Only business class and gold members can attach files up to 250MB.

Jonathan

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

A Card Above The Rest

Makes managing multiple projects with moving parts and more than one team member involved easy to manage. It's also free, which is great for any startup trying to get organized with a small or large remote or office team.

PROS

I enjoy the card based system Trello makes use of. The WYSWYG design function is beneficial to even novice users - you can move things how you see fit without major processes involved. I also enjoy the customizability. You can use Trello anyway you want. If you have a chaotic but effective process, you can make it your own. If you're extremely organized - it's perfect for that, too.

CONS

Slight learning curve because it's so open. Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty useful. Also, their sale to Atlassian kind of mucked things up. I didn't like Jira when originally searching for an Asana replacement. The sale also messed up customer support for a bit.

Reason for choosing Trello

Ease of use, customizability, WSYWYG interface and actionable notifications based on customization.

Reasons for switching to Trello

Asana was nice from an individual summary standpoint, but became a bit convoluted when you needed to see things from a macro level. I found it very effective if I was a cog in the wheel, but if I was managing the wheel, I felt a little lost.

Rick

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2024

Trello - easy to use and great to manage projects and workflow. Best Kanban option out there!

Fantastic - simple clean UI and full customized ability

PROS

The ability to customize the boards in any order by dragging and dropping. The full ability to customize the tiles how you want easily

CONS

I wish it auto created new tiles when you use the last one in the first instead of needed to copy one to start a new project

Reason for choosing Trello

Ease of use / UI was clean and simple / cost was better than Monday / it was familiar to us as Monday users

Reasons for switching to Trello

Cost was getting out control with Monday

Archana

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed June 2024

Most valueable member of a Team

Trello is a simple-looking but powerful tool that offers great service. Its customer services are also appreciable. If anyone wants a strong but simple tool to complete their projects, Trello is the best choice for them. It will boost up your productivity and make your work done so easily.

PROS

Trello offers custom background. I found it more fun to use in my cards. Customization background as I make my card more convenient and look interesting and attractive to others. I love this feature and makes my work more visually appealing.

CONS

As a user, I face challenges while exporting files from Trello. It becomes more challenging while exporting files in a structured format. It is so annoying as it takes quiet an effort and kills valuable time. They should take a look at it.

Rakib

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

A Visual Productivity Powerhouse.

Trello's Power-Ups really set it apart. The ability to integrate with tools like Slack, Google Drive, and Salesforce makes it a versatile central hub. And the Butler automation feature is incredibly powerful for streamlining repetitive tasks. With all the features, I can boost my productivity to the max level and enjoy the benifits of it.

PROS

Trello has been a visual productivity powerhouse for our team. The intuitive Kanban-style boards make it easy to see project progress at a glance, and the drag-and-drop interface is a breeze to use. The ability to add checklists, due dates, and attachments to cards keeps everything organized.

CONS

The free version has some limitations on attachment sizes and integrations that can be frustrating. And the mobile app, while functional, isn't quite as smooth as the desktop experience.

Design, 1 employee

Trello is my favorite

PROS

I like that it is super easy to keep myself organized. I have lots of different kinds of projects that have different kinds of deliverables, but Trello is flexible enough for me to deal with all of them the way I want to.

CONS

It's frustrating that some of the features that I would consider important are not available in the lower tiers. Since it's just me, I don't need the team related tools, so I wish there was a way to choose the features of each plan more surgically.

Tushar

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

All in one solution for Task Management and Project management

I would definitely recommend this software to everyone who manages the Tasks and multiple Projects.

PROS

It provides tons of features like adding member to cards, defining the due dates for orders, custom button to trigger the actions.

CONS

There is no major cons i felt till now, as it runs flawlessly.

Reason for choosing Trello

Easy of use and tons of features helps to choose this product.

Brett

Logistics and Supply Chain, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2024

Trello - a simple and easy to use tasks and kanban style app

I used Trello for a few years and it was primarily to collaborate with my design team. It was easy enough to use and the syncing between us was seamless

PROS

It has a clean and simple to use interface and shows the boards clearly and if you want with color coding

CONS

It is too simple compared to some of the other solutions out there

Kathleen

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Easy and Effective Project Management

When I travel and I have on-going projects in the office, Trello makes it easier for me to be aware of progress or problems. I get notifications on my phone when a team members adds to a project or task -- I can easily check it out and not get bogged down in an endless email trail! Overall, IO really enjoy using Trello and recommend it often. There are a lot of uses in addition to project management. I have a board for collecting and organizing recipes! So I use Trello for both work and personal use.

PROS

I use Trello to manage projects in a very busy marketing office. The ability to easily assign tasks, see progress and have all of this shared by a group is tremendously helpful. The simplicity of the user interface is great, along with the playfulness of the app -- from helpful hints from Taco to the "wiggle" of moving a task from In Progress to Done! And, of course this is all available on desktop and mobile devices. Two other handy features I use frequently are: creating a a card from a webpage via a bookmark and the "send to" on by mobile devices.

CONS

Because the software is so easy to use, I had the tendency to create a too many Boards and suddenly it was taking more time to organize all the various boards and lists I had created. But, taking a breath and thinking a bit more BEFORE setting up a project, made everything fall back into an orderly layout!

Reason for choosing Trello

Trello was the right solution at the right price point for me. And my students enjoy using it!

Reasons for switching to Trello

Better team sharing via Trello; more pleasing visual interface

Lisa

Writing and Editing, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2019

Amazing software!

Excellent. Most people I know who have started using this software, myself included, quickly find that it is very useful in improving productivity and reducing stress. After using it for work I liked it so much that I now use it regularly in my personal life as well.

PROS

The learning curve is very small. The visual style is super helpful in managing projects. The amount of added features is vast and growing all the time. It feels very lightweight and easy/quick to navigate across multiple platforms and devices.

CONS

Would like to have swim lanes be an option. The recently updated reminder feature is nice, but I would like fully-customizable reminder options. Would be great to have a feature where if you mark a task as complete it can automatically be moved to a "Completed" column.

Price and ease of use.

Reasons for switching to Trello

Evernote was getting too bulky, lacked the visual component that Trello offers.

Der

Computer Games, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2019

Trello, awesome for ToDo lists but in need of improvement

Trello is an ingenious site to create ToDO lists. I know a few companies that use Trello and I do. I use Trello to create ToDo lists for the completion of my computer game. So current problems are listed there and colored whether the problem still exists or has been fixed. When I have new ideas, I create a Trello map. So I have my ideas, important things and problems directly in one place. I have tested a CMS for my webserver that works similar to Trello. However, it has always turned out that Trello is the better choice.

PROS

There are some positive things, but also some that bother me. One of the positive features of Trello is that it is absolutely free. I can use it without any costs and have all my information in one place. Trello's smartphone app helps me stay up to date and add new ideas even when I'm on the go. The website is quickly loaded even if the internet is not so good and you can access everything quickly and easily.

CONS

What really bothers me about using Trello is that you can only create these vertical boxes and then always add new lists to the right. In the beginning that's ok, but with larger collections of ideas, problems or todo-things in general, the board quickly becomes confusing. With my current board I have to scroll 10 minutes to the right (Of course that's a bit exaggerated, but you know what I mean, don't you?) to get to my other lists. In any case, I hope for a better user interface that is clearer and makes it easier to work with a team on the board.

Reason for choosing Trello

Simple ToDo List (plugin) has a terrible design and Next Cloud is awesome (as cloud) but not for todo-lists. It also hasnt trello like features.

Ty

Paper & Forest Products, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed December 2019

My favorite personal project management tool ever!

It always does exactly what i need it to do. Never dealt with bugs, sync issues. Provides me a lot of relief managing my day to day. No matter what device i am near i can add something to a list and continue along.

PROS

I have used many different project management/personal organization tools and none of them ever seemed to "stick" until Trello came along. The app is fantastically built with an incredible UX no matter the device. They haven't overloaded it with unnecessary extra junk and i appreciate that. They stick to their core mission and do the right things really, really well and it's because of that i still use it. Using it as a collaborative tool is also great. It might not be DevOps and some people may knock it for that but there is definitely a place for it in an agile organization.

CONS

I personally don't consider this a criticism but i could see how some would say its not good enough as an enterprise project management tool. I can understand where they are coming from BUT my primary use of this platform is personal project management and task management. I also think most projects could easily employ a agile model facilitated by Trello but it's really a personal preference.

Reason for choosing Trello

I really like the UI of Trello. It's intuitive and easy to use.

MEHJABEEN

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2020

project management with trello

I have use many project management apps and softwares before trello. But none has the ability to function as an editorial calendar, project management pipeline and much more. I depend on trello for my work, business and personal life. My weekly schedule, my blog, even my gardening is managed on trello. All my ideas would just get lost without trello. It's like having a virtual accountability partner

PROS

the ability to have a pipeline for all your projects

CONS

the fact that it can be very confusing at first. Powerup functionalities can improve

Reason for choosing Trello

The planning and milestones in Asana remind me of boring spreadsheets, versus trello seemed so much more fun to work with.

Reasons for switching to Trello

I could never see myself using asana for my blog and my business. It was great for my 9-5 only.

Jr.

Sports, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Helpful for Small Projects, Hard to Scale

Trello has been very helpful for small teams projects and personal projects. It can be very quick for one to learn the basics, set-up and and collaborate with on a basic level. One needs to be mindful that Trello is harder to scale compared to JIRA, but much easier to gett started on. Trello has a free option that is worth trying to see if it will help your organization stay on top of projects and tasks, and is a more feature rich, online version of a sticky note board on a white board. Trello constantly has updated that make the proiduct more feature rich, and the new feature help with efficenceny and effectivenesss.

PROS

Trello is very easy to get initialized and running for a small teams or projects, or to organize personal work. It makes it easy to take a list of tasks to do and put them in an organized manner to allow for collaboration and consistency, it is ideal for small teams and projects and is quicker to learn and initialize, when compared to JIRA. The user-friendly UX on the web and mobile is nice for new and experienced users. Trello is a nice alternative to Asana, and can be used as a substitute.

CONS

I found that Trello is much harder to scale for big teams and projects. It does not seem as efficient of effective when managing bigger teams of developers working on multiple separate projects when compared to JIRA. Trello can be hard to maintain a sense of control for a project when there is a lot of moving parts. When trying to become an advanced Trello user, I found it took some time to get used to the product, and learn effecicent ways of using the product; it seems that there is no perfect way to use Trello.

Reason for choosing Trello

Easier to learn, Altassian product relaiiblity.

Reasons for switching to Trello

Easier to be under the Altassian family of products, though Asana was very good as well.

Curry

Media Production, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Simplest project management software I've ever used

From business use to personal, moving files, storing attachments, making checklists, dialoguing with co-workers, and managing all projects in a visually pleasing style - Trello has it all, and it's much better than all of the competitors.

PROS

The seamless integration of features. It's so easy to switch between boards, clearly see all projects, and the timeline of all upcoming deadlines thanks to the wonderful (and rare) calendar feature. I wish I had that now! It makes creating something like a video production calendar very quick and easy to follow. The cards themselves are extremely customizable; checklists, attachments, comments, and more could not be easier to add and track. For someone visually oriented, this is an absolute must. Another great feature, there's a free version! Most other management softwares don't have that.

CONS

The archive feature is my main concern. I wish there was a better way of removing projects, other than "archiving" them. Sometimes I need to access these cards and there's not really a simple way to find them. Because of this, my workaround was to have a "completed" board that I would put all finished cards in. Annoying at first, but because the site is so great, I didn't mind after a while. I also wish you could color code things and create labels like in Monday.com.

Reasons for switching to Trello

I would switch back in a heart beat if I had the option! Much prefer Trello for all the reasons listed in the review.

Astrid

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201-500 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Remote Project Management? Trello is your tool!

"Chef Kiss! 5 stars, would totally use it again" I know it's super cliche but is true, I love Trello and after working with sooooo many project management tools Trello is among my Top 3, and whenever a new client tells me "Let me add you to our Trello Board" I cry put of joy because I know I am gonna have the information and support I need just a click away.

PROS

Honestly, there are so many things to like about Trello, how user-friendly it is, you can literally teach anyone how to use Trello in less than 20 minutes. Super easy for people who are starting doing project management, visually a blast and you are able to have full visibility of stages and day-to-day tasks. Managing backlog is super easy and you are able to truly focus on what is important and not feel like you leaving anything out.

CONS

If you are looking for a more confidential set type of tool maybe Trello is not your thing. Some of the projects I manage need some part to be public and others to be more on the low and since Trello is more focus on open collaboration I find myself needing to share classified files outside the tool which can complicate and confuse my peers, but honestly is more of the project itself than the tool.

Price value comparative.

Reasons for switching to Trello

User-friendliness, I love using Trello when working with a team who is new to Project Managing software since it so easy to use and explain.