All Fathom Reviews

Emilie

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Essential To Our Business - Especially for Remote teams

PROS

Fathom takes notes and summarizes data with crazy accuracy! It was super easy for our whole organization to implement and use. Our team is spread out throughout the US and mostly remote, so having this for internal meetings has been a lifesaver. I love that not only does it summarize, but it will also provide a transcript that you can search for and provide a recording. It saves all recordings for you, and it's easy to send them to teammates. Its accuracy on the summarization is insane! It doesn't just write down what you said word for word; it summarizes in complete sentences, provides action items, etc. It truly blew my team away. It also aligns with your Outlook calendar and will update you when future meetings arise. We use it for most of our online meetings.

CONS

My only issue with Fathom is that sometimes it gets a little glitchy with Zoom calls. Or if I log onto a meeting that I dont want recorded it can take some time to remove it from the meeting. Most of these issues are easy to get around though.

Cullin

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2024

The best recording software I've used

It's a great tool that works exactly as described, and the support has been great.

PROS

The tool just works exactly as described. It records and transcribes my calls effortlessly, and I love the automated recaps. I also love that I can effortlessly share recordings with clients - they appreciate that I "keep my word" because everything is documented with action items.

CONS

I strongly dislike that there is no multiple account feature. I have to toggle between my personal, my client account, and my agency account all day.

Reasons for switching to Fathom

That bot just does not work as well as Fathom, and I always found it super intrusive. It would send weird messages in the chat which would freak out clients.

Abraham

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

I love Fathom

I love fathom as it helps me go forwards and backwards in all conversations

PROS

Easy to use, does the heavy lifting when it comes to recording and transcribing calls. Integration with Zoom and Meet is wonder

CONS

Goes to waiting room, Would have love a way to get the other person on the call accept the call recording as well.

Dan

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Fathom is the ideal use for AI

Note-taking during meetings is the main thing for now. Having the notes, highlights, and video immediately is a game changer.

PROS

Fathom allows me, my teammates, and our partners to focus on the subjects at hand instead of the mechanics of meeting note-taking. Being free to keep my mind on the work has made meetings more productive, and our partners find the video recordings with recaps and highlights incredibly valuable.

CONS

Two improvements could make Fathom even better: First, a custom lexicon. Business is full of proprietary names, acronyms, and phrases that the AI can't yet understand. If I could enter a custom lexicon and then grow it to help the AI learn, that would make this tool even better. Second, branded environments. I own a brand development agency, so our vibe is important. Fathom's stock environmental branding is neutral and not distracting, but it would be better if I could practice what I preach when sending a recording recap.

Reason for choosing Fathom

Google is unreliable with its products, especially add-ons like the one it has (for now) that compete with Fathom. Google has a history of dropping products for no good reason, and I cannot put my company's reputation behind that kind of reputation.

Ivy

Excellent Choice for Meeting Notes/Transcription

Highly positive. I've stopped using my other options.

PROS

I am using Fathom primarily as a notetaker within client meetings. I've used 4 other products for this function, and so far, this is the winner.

CONS

Could be more accurate with names, but we have a variety of accents within our organization. This is always a weak spot for most. I'd love the ability to correct it one time and have it apply that learning to other instances.

Reasons for switching to Fathom

Faster, more accurate takeaways, and no gatekeeping meeting content after 3 days like tldv.

Rachel

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Awesome product!

Great! I love Fathom. Specifically really happy that it automatically recordings meetings and the user experience for ending the recording if it isn't necessary for a meeting.

PROS

I love that it automatically syncs with Microsoft Teams and Zoom to record my meetings.

CONS

I don't love that the recorder appears as it's own person. I've had a lot of people ask about it at the start of meetings.

Reasons for switching to Fathom

Didn't like DeScript—it was basically just for transcripts but wasn't user friendly

Ana

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Fathom has improved my work experience

PROS

I'm amazed that I have access to summaries of every work meeting, along with a task list outlining the next steps to take after each meeting concludes. It's incredibly beneficial for staying organized and ensuring that nothing falls through the cracks in our workflow.

CONS

I'd like to have the summary in Spanish as well, but that's not much of a problem.

Reasons for switching to Fathom

I didn’t like the transcriptions it provided.

Darlene

Fathom: Ease of Use

PROS

Ease of use and comprehensive User Interface. It also provides adequate trial period which is 30 days especially for students and workers who wanna try to test the software first prior to purchasing

CONS

Some transcript or words are not accurate.

Reasons for switching to Fathom

Doesn't allow 30 days trial period which is very beneficial prior to purchasing a product

Construction, 51-200 employees

Best in class

Very quick and easy. Plugs into all of our platforms seamlessly.

PROS

Better than every other platform I've used so far for it's analysis.

CONS

That it doesn't record in person meetings.

Reasons for switching to Fathom

Fathom is much better. Doesn't miss nearly as much.

Michelle

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

A very helpful tool for those scattered meetings

Fathom is solving the problem of how human conversation is not always linear. I've been in meetings where people talk all over the place about what they think they want without ever actually deciding what they want. Also sometimes meetings end with no action items or next steps ever nailed down. Fathom helps capture those items for me.

PROS

I love the way that Fathom cuts straight to the point of the meeting. Determining key takaways, action items, next steps etc. I have been blow away with how well it can decifer someone talking in circles and get to the point of what they actually need. I love having the recap immediatly after the meeting that I can skim through to make sure that I didn't miss anything that needs to get added to my project board. I also love how easy the desktop tool was to install and use. I can start my Teams meetings directly from the Fathom app and the AI notetaker joins my meetings automatically. I have used it for every meeting I've had since signing up!

CONS

The AI is great but not perfect, it sometimes gets words or point incorrect.

Keith

Professional Training & Coaching, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2023

"The Best AI Assistant for Your Meetings"

It's very easy to use and you can set it to start with all your meetings if desired. I have the Mac app installed, which is easy to install and setup. I use Fathom with almost all my meetings. After the meeting is over you will almost immediately get an email with the full transcript, the recorded video with linked timestamps and multiple summary options. These options are amazing! Depending on the type of meeting (sales call, project kick-off), the summary will be presented in a very meaningful structure that you can use as a base for your next steps. The notes are also linked to timestamps in the original conversation so you can refer back to them for details. There are several options for exporting the conversation and summaries, including Notion, Google Docs, Asana, Gmail, Todoist and MS Word. It also creates a list of the questions that are asked by all attendees, which can be used for so many things. You can download the video if needed and send it to all attendees with a quick link. And when you view all meetings they each have a video thumbnail, which makes it so much easier to sort through. Support has always been top-notch. They answer quickly and are very helpful.

PROS

Fathom does so much more than just transcribe your meetings. It has a control panel that you can view like a sidebar during your meetings, so you can tell it that you want to "highlight" what you are talking about or mark it as an "action item". With these options, you truely don't have to worry about taking notes and you can focus on the conversation.

CONS

Perhaps if the action items could have title for you instead of having to type them in while on the meeting, that would be helful. If there's anything else I wish something had or needs fixing, support is always available and listens to feedback.

Reason for choosing Fathom

Having the video recorded and available right there is a big bonus so I don't have to worry about forgetting to hit record for meetings that the guests should have a recording. The advanced summaries are better than I have seen in any other app and there are so many options. (Paid plan)

Reasons for switching to Fathom

Price, for starters, but after using it I couldn't go back to other AI transcription apps.

Doug

Must-have sales assistant

Absolutely fabulous. It has really changed the power of my own sales, as well as enabled me to take dives into each agent and figure out what may or may not have gone well in a call. The fact that I can mark to-dos in the meeting as I say them, and have them pushed into my CRM task list is remarkable. I went from someone who had a lot of trouble remembering everything that was promised in a meeting (without an assistant or a note taker) to not forgetting a single thing. It really is amazing.

PROS

I love the seamless interface to have it join meetings, and then the little widget that allows you to mark important things in the meeting is a total game-changer for my sales calls.

CONS

Not much honestly. I guess it goes down every now and then, but what software doesn't. I wish it could record my phone calls the same way it does the Zoom meetings.

Reason for choosing Fathom

I tried it first honestly, and it just hit the nail on the head for what I wanted.

Reasons for switching to Fathom

Zoom's recording was fine, and it did sync with HubSpot with notes and everything - but Fathom just brings a level of data, information and ease of use that isn't even comparable to simple recordings of the meetings.

Logan

Education Management, 1 employee

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed December 2023

"Fathom is the best transcription tool hands down."

Overall awesome tool. It makes my job 10x easier when it comes to capturing notes and recording calls.

PROS

My favorite part about Fathom is the quick Highlighting ability. It makes my note taking real-time so much easier. Not only does this help me put things into buckets based on topics of the meeting, but it makes it really easy for sending things to the right places after. I will send Feedback Requests to our product channel in slack, and all of the pain points I highlight go straight into Hubspot meeting notes for that company.

CONS

Only things I dislike is that it doesn't let you connect to CRM after the fact. So if I have a call that a prospect uses a different email, I can't link that to the right contact.

Reasons for switching to Fathom

Originally for the tagging ability. But the video aspect, the easy of use, the fact that it is free. It is truly a no brainer. It was actually a huge regret of mine that I didn't find Fathom sooner and wasted money on otter.

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Game changer for capturing customer quotes and sales followups

It's amazing. Support is fast to respond, the product is easy to use, and the service very reliable. No issues at all.

PROS

We use Fathom for sales followups and building out our repository of customer quotes for marketing. Previously, we were missing a ton of customer insights from trying to take notes during calls, or forgetting to record with other software products. It's so easy to use, affordable, and integrates seamlessly with Hubspot. It's a "can't go back living without" product.

CONS

Action items for our non-Hubspot users on calls are ending up in hubspot as tasks for the team member on Fathom who set up the call. We end up having to delete a few tasks every call because they aren't for our team. They are more like suggestion action items for our customers/prospects that are fine being only in the ai summaries.

Reason for choosing Fathom

Having a Hubspot integration was very important to us. Also Fathom's free tier is insanely generous, which it was easy to try out. We ended up upgrading because the paid tier has better templates, action items, and we just discovered the email followups which are a big time saver as well. Previously followups were much slower to be written, didn't contain all the action items, and sometimes wouldn't get sent out at all. It actually makes followups more enjoyable because they are so much easier.

Julio

Accounting, 11-50 employees

The Must Have Software for People who do Important Video Calls

It has been great, I had issues at first but customer service really helped, and came out pretty quickly. I use it everyday.

PROS

I can trust fathom that the note taking of my meetings is done properly, Also I love that I can just search for a word or phrase and I can see ALL the calls where that word or phrase has been said.

CONS

I would love to edit the videos easier, for example, I wanted to send a client an extract of something he/she said, I would love to just send him/her that clip.

Reasons for switching to Fathom

I didn't like the other software's, I think we didn't click. Plus Otter AI I find that doesn't get the wording that exact.

Nicolás

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Fathom, my go-to AI asssistant

Excellent, is very intuitive and accurate, I use it everyday and it has helped me A LOT

PROS

Fathom is the ideal company to take notes and obtain valuable insights from meetings while being present and focused on the conversation.

CONS

I would really appreciate the possibility of the assistant to join the meetings autonomously

Reason for choosing Fathom

Free plan offers a lot compared to others

Reasons for switching to Fathom

Fireflies is not so accurate and the transcript fail to be precise most of the time

Reviewed December 2023

An invaluable tool for remote work

Wonderful. It really takes a weight off my shoulders.

PROS

It's transcription and summarization is superb.

CONS

Syncing between multiple calendars is a bit of a headache.

Reasons for switching to Fathom

Fathom is much more reliable and it's transcription is much more accurate.

Christine