Browse Adobe XD Reviews

Wasim from ArrowUpz

Adobe XD - The one & only choice

I have a good experience overall & I always prefer to use XD over others

Pros

- XD is linked with all other Adobe products (Ai, InD, Ae, PS) which means you can easily drag & drop, copy or paste anything from here & there by keeping the original source formatting - Prototyping/animation can never be so easy & advanced by using Aftereffects. XD is linked with Ae. - Super easy to use with friendly UI - We can convert landing pages directly into HTML from XD

Cons

3rd party plugins are always great (like the UI Faces plugin is helpful while creating websites), but I wish if it's built-in in XD. Similarly, to export the artboard into HTML or other languages we have to use 3rd party paid plugins (ex Web export), which we don't want to use at all

December 2021

Asfak from Alesha Solutions Ltd.

December 2021

A powerful yet simple UI design tool

Adobe XD is used to ensure continuity of design across multiple platforms and is good for UI-UX & Product designers. It can produce quality prototypes that are great for helping people to understand your ideas. XD is an okay tool for creating mockups and quick iteration, with an interactive demo.

Pros

The interface is so user-friendly, functionality is so easy to use. It updates frequently with new features and bug fixes.

Cons

There is no dark theme available, it causes eye strain in a dark environment. It should be based online like Figma. It slows down mediocre computers.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe XD

Accuracy, Prototyping capability, Ease of use.

Jakub from mediaform, s.r.o.

Going in the right direction

Being fast and quick to use I liked it. XD missed me at the moment, they did not provided an option to set text to UpperCase (it's there already) or choosing assets form a shared Adobe library. From a mature product aimed at the professional audience one would expect these detail to be polished from the very beginning.

Pros

Being a part of the Adobe Creative Cloud it was a no-brainer to test XD. The integration with other applications from the Adobe suite is a great help as you do not have to think about transferring assets from one app to another. It just works and is super quick/responsive. Also the easy to use option to share a prototype with the client or anyone else, hosted in the cloud, is a great help. Another very cool thing is Auto-animate which simple and nicely working.

Cons

The app is still in development and I miss comprehensive variants of components/symbols. You may create components, but not their states. Or not as easy as in other applications. Sometimes it can get a little messy when overriding component content and the integration with Adobe library is weak.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe XD

It was included as part of Adobe CC so trying it out was the obvious option.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe XD

To try it out since it was a part of Adobe CC and I have been using/trying the beta (project Comet years ago)

Romi from Romi Kalathiya Creative design solution

Nearly perfect tool for UI/UX designers | Still behind Sketch and Figma

I use XD for wireframing, designing UI for web and mobile apps and so far I felt good as I'm already an Adobe user so it feels like using the familiar tool. Sharing and prototyping is also good enough but sometimes I feel that XD doesn't have some features that Sketch and Figma have or maybe it's not widely accepted in the market yet but It's an Adobe product so I think in coming years it will be the leading tool for UI/UX designers.

Pros

It's an Adobe product so it's more reliable and cross-compatible with other tools like Photoshop and Illustrator which we are using for years. The UI is very modern and simplistic so even a beginner can get hold of it easily and it's a blessing for non-designers too. Earlier I was used to designing in Photoshop and doing my prototype and review on Invision but now with Adobe XD it's just one tool that lets me design, prototype, share, and get feedback.

Cons

Some features that competition has for say Figma and sketch. Figma and Sketch feel more premium and widely accepted tools or just much more polished. Adobe XD has mostly all required features but sometimes a client doesn't rely on it and insists to use Figma or sketch. I miss plugins in XD, Figma has an edge there.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe XD

Adobe is more reliable and big-name and since I was already a cloud member I thought it's a great deal to use XD.

John Cedric from Pelago Inc.

Adobe XD Review

Overall my experience in Adobe XD is good. I use it when i'm just starting working out in my prototype projects.

Pros

Adobe XD is very easy to use specially for those who start learning UX/UI. navigations and controls and very easy to understand.

Cons

I personally didn't like the collaboration tool for XD.

Figma had a very easy collaboration tools unlike Adobe XD

Saket from The Health Lync

December 2021

Best tool for prototyping and wireframing

Pros

ease of use and easy to understand interface

Cons

its slow connectivity with adobe cloud makes the platform hang out sometimes in the middle of a presentation.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe XD

Multiple users can work on it at the same time and its vast community of resources.

fad from Self-Employed

Industry: Computer Networking

A powerful device for prototyping and wireframing

I use XD for wireframing, designing UI for internet and cell apps and to date I felt right as I'm already an Adobe consumer so it appears like the use of the acquainted device. Sharing and prototyping is likewise right sufficient however every so often I sense that XD does not have a few functions that Sketch and Figma have or perhaps it is now no longer extensively universal withinside the marketplace but however It's an Adobe product so I suppose in coming years it is going to be the main device for UI/UX designers.

Pros

Being part of the Adobe Creative Cloud it became a no brainer to check XD. The integration with different packages from the Adobe suite is a first-rate assist as you do now no longer need to consider moving belongings from one app to another. It simply works and is first rate quick/responsive. Also the smooth to apply choice to percentage a prototype with the patron or all people else, hosted withinside the cloud, is a first-rate assist. Another very cool aspect is Auto-animate which easy and properly working.

Cons

Some functions that opposition has for say Figma and sketch. Figma and Sketch sense greater top class and broadly established gear or simply a good deal greater polished. Adobe XD has normally all required functions however occasionally a patron does not depend upon it and insists to apply Figma or sketch. I omit plugins in XD, Figma has an facet there.

Janak from Greenfield

Photo editing software

Pros

The thing i like most of this software is the quality of the outcome photos.

Cons

There is nothing more difficult about this software but new user can confuse about the tools on Adobe XD.

Eyal from Tarya Fintech

Adobe XD 2022

Fantastic, easy and intuitive. Makes my job easier. Love all The addons

Pros

I have been working on Adobe XD for a few years now. It has become my go to tool for all that is prototyping and UX.

Cons

Not much actually... I am looking forwards always to new features and tools

Reasons for Switching to Adobe XD

Seems way easier and has more options that are relevant to me

Larissa from Viação Aguia Branca

Ideas in motion

It's great to see how the prototype visualization on mobile is, and for me it's the function that I use the most and it perfectly meets my need.

Pros

This is undoubtedly one of the best software created by Adobe, I can use all my creativity and develop my ideas doing project simulation, the software helps me with the visualization of my prototypes in real time, which makes everything more realistic, besides the option of saving in the cloud to be very innovative and complete, something I imagine to be the promising future of technology, and adobe is always ahead, I recommend it with my eyes closed.

Cons

The software has many functions and I'm still discovering them all, I still haven't been able to use the dynamic visualization functionality, I believe the option could be more intuitive, it doesn't indicate any errors, I just couldn't use it.

Tony from Inkdefied88

Industry standard for UI/UX design

My experience with Adobe XD was great, it helps me get my job done fast and smoothly, it is also free and available offline so I can work anytime anywhere.

Pros

I like the powerful and easy to use features that was bundled with the software. It includes everything I need to design and setup wireframe as well as try out my design instantly without install any other component. The software is easy to use and learn, the user interface is straightforward and simple. If you are already a user from other software from Adobe, you will finds Adobe XD have a similar feels to the software you used.

Cons

Since this is a free software, it comes with some limitation such as there is no way to transfer your prototype or wireframe into an official design because the software is only for develop wireframe/prototype and it is not for coding so if you are satisfied with your wireframe/prototype you needs another software to coding your work into a real website or mobile app design.

Because Adobe XD is a free software and can be used on both MacOS and Windows

Because my employer ask me to use Adobe XD

Daniel from Mable

Adobe XD: One of the Best UI Design Software

Adobe XD is incredibly useful for designing software and it is clear that Adobe has put a lot of effort into a dedicated UI and UX design tool. There are many advantages in using Adobe XD and it comes with the Adobe Creative Cloud. Personally, I use Adobe XD to plan out an outline of the software that I am going to build. By using prototyping, I am able to create a realistic blueprint of the software that actually has functionality. Therefore, I highly recommend Adobe XD to people who will be working on the design of software, especially those who already have the Adobe Creative Cloud subscription.

Pros

There are many great features in Adobe XD that make the experience of designing a prototype a lot smoother and easier. For example, Adobe XD follows the same user interface as other Adobe products, making it is very easy to learn how it works if you have used other Adobe products before. Adobe XD can handle very complex designs and can use large symbol libraries. Prototyping is also very simple in Adobe XD and there is also the auto animate feature which makes the prototype even more realistic. Last but not least, Adobe XD has a large growing assortment of plugins and integrations which seamlessly connect users to various services.

Cons

One disadvantage of Adobe XD is how you cannot test a mobile prototype on an actual mobile device. This is not too big of a problem but it does take away from the experience. There is no built in animation timeline so it is difficult to go beyond simple animations without plugins. Building on this, some plugins actually cost extra and is not native to Adobe XD which is a bummer

Reasons for Switching to Adobe XD

My company has Adobe Creative Cloud, so I found it more convenient to use Adobe XD

aymane from Freelance

“Expensive but this tool is great”

I was acquainted with Adobe XD during a new school-level UX plan course through UC San Diego. Our group approaches Adobe CC, so it made the application promptly accessible for our utilization. Our previous site page advancement measure was a horde of audit adjustments and drafted page fabricates that couldn't be straightforwardly remarked on. At that point, we were wrapping up an upgrade of our site, and we needed a cycle pushing ahead that would give speed and nimbleness when working out new pages. We needed to take a gander at the need and substance prior to consolidating plan components. Presently, building website pages has never been a smoother cycle. We initially facilitated a meeting to generate new ideas with partners, at that point, we rapidly work out a wireframe utilizing a format we made in Adobe XD, and offer it with partners for input. They can communicate with the wireframe in the program absent a lot of course and afterward drop in their input straightforwardly into the wireframe through labels and remarks. We are anticipating carrying out client testing with these wireframes sooner rather than later, also. Furthermore, on account of Adobe XD, we can without much of a stretch get this going.

Pros

This is a truly very much made UI prototyping instrument. Adobe has done a significant great job with this. Best of all, it's totally allowed to utilize it, the lone thing that you need to pay for is numerous distributed models all at once. I'm alright with only one and like to control my own records at any rate. I truly like that this isn't a program based, I disdain that so numerous new plan devices are program based as they don't perform well and are for the most part carriage, in addition to them by and large tie you into their framework, you can't handle your own documents. Most exceedingly terrible, you can't do anything disconnected. Local is totally the best approach for such a thing

Cons

At the point when it slips your mind and duplicates page plan by "plan mode," it makes it take effort to physically drag the stream connect without help from anyone else by and by. Adobe XD should set stream interface on each mode, not simply "Prototype mode" that makes client confounded and somewhat resentful. 2. Difficult to control when you have in excess of 100 pages on a similar dashboard. 3. It requires some investment when you fare or update the interface on seeing the setting as "advancement" 4. Adobe XD ought to give more plan libraries to making a model. 5. Should more adjust or well disposed of with outsider modules. 6.

Amy from Wiro Agency

Excellent bit of kit - it's my go to as a UX+UI designer

Very good, would highly recommend and would roll out for a larger team. Could do with a better development platform.

Pros

Love how scalable and quick everything is. Really intuitive to what I need it to do and switching out content is a dream. Compared to other softwares, this one really speeds up my process and is my go to.

Cons

Expensive. Costs a lot and dislike that it's subscription only. I like Sketch's plan where you pay a set year fee, if you want ongoing support and updates then you pay for another year. Dislike that there isn't a strong component structure like Sketch. No ability to add new pages like in Sketch. The XD Development platform is poor at best. You can't push up singular dartboards - you have to push up all which is horrendously inconvenient. Artboard isn't infinite. Collaboration is clunky - constantly tells me I don't have enough space to collaborate

Much quicker to use

Kampon from Adely

The most efficient way to build prototypes for website or application design with Adobe XD

Overall I still like Adobe XD still, most efficient way to build prototypes and work with UI team and development team in the same time, Adobe XD is one of the prototype tools that my team usually work with, maybe it's quite similar to Adobe's family software that our team familiar too. Personally, I've been using the Adobe program for more than 20 years. not a big fan but it's pretty nice tools compared with others competitor (except the price) hope Adobe XD keep better performances in long run.

Pros

1. Super easy to setup 2. Ready to be forwarded to the development team just update your link and everyone in your team will see the update as realtime. 3. Another thing that I really like is Adobe XD can adjust the curvature of each corner of the polygonal shape, which other apps do not have. 4. Readiness to using some assets from other Adobe's programs such as when I created icon from Illustrator or Photoshop I just export to .jpg or .png file and then just drag and drop to Adobe XD so simple and very easy.

Cons

1. When you forget and copy page design by "design mode" it make to take time to manually drag the flow link by yourself once again. Adobe XD should set flow link on every mode not just "Protorype mode" that make user confused and a bit upset. 2. Hard to control when you have more than 100 pages on the same dashboard. 3. It takes too much time when you export or update link on view setting as "development" 4. Adobe XD should provide more design libraries for creating a prototype. 5. Should more align or friendly with third-party plug-ins. 6.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe XD

As I said I personally have been using the Adobe's family program for more than 20 years. I think it's quite go along together and it's still pretty good tools and good performances, so I think I still use Adobe XD further

Kristen from Vernier Software & Technology

Adobe XD Has Redefined Our Web Page Development Process

I was introduced to Adobe XD during a recent college-level UX design course through UC San Diego. Our team has access to Adobe CC, so it made the application readily available for our use. Our former web page development process was a myriad of review rounds and drafted page builds that couldn't be directly commented on. At the time, we were wrapping up a redesign of our website, and we wanted a process moving forward that would provide speed and agility when building out new pages. We wanted to look at the priority and content before incorporating design elements. Now, building web pages has never been a smoother process. We first host a brainstorming session with stakeholders, then we quickly build out a wireframe using a template we created in Adobe XD, and share it with stakeholders for feedback. They can interact with the wireframe in the browser without much direction and then drop in their feedback directly into the wireframe through tags and comments. We are planning on implementing user testing with these wireframes in the near future, as well. And, thanks to Adobe XD, we can easily make this happen.

Pros

The user interface of Adobe XD essentially walks you through the process of building an interactive wireframe for user testing or for client review: Design, Prototype, and Share. The Design workspace provides quick tools, such as a pen, text, and shape tools, that provide us with endless editing options and templates for mobile, tablet, desktop, or custom sizes. Art boards can be arranged in sections and items can be duplicated and adjusted efficiently. The Prototype workspace provides options to link art boards together and build in the interactivity component for testing the user journey. The Share workspace provides options to create multiple review links or to update the current review link with changes. We can build out simple wireframes or design full app interfaces in such a short timeframe.

Cons

There is one contingency when sharing wireframes through a browser link—the stakeholder must have a trackpad or scrolling mouse to scroll and interact with the wireframe. We found it's best to instruct stakeholders to view the wireframes from their laptop. My team shared a wireframe with a stakeholder to review a landing page layout, only to discover this small bug. She couldn't scroll down or interact with the wireframe, and, after reading a lot of support tickets on Adobe's website, it was because she was using a mouse with a tracking ball. It was such a small issue, however, and it didn't impact our workflow enough to consider an alternative.

Davide from Marketing & Advertising

A very good player in interaction design tools battle

My overall experience is positive. I needed a lot to abandon Sketch in favour of Adobe XD, but now that it shares a lot of the features of these kinds of products I'm quite happy. The problem that I see is that maybe one day it will require a payment. However, if you are paying the Creative Suite it is not a problem. In addition to that, nowadays we have a lot of interaction design tools and no one will reign forever: eventually you could switch to another option.

Pros

It's not a secret: one of the most important and appreciated feature of Adobe XD is its price. Until 1 year ago it was not able to compete with Sketch and the other tools in the interaction design field. However, in these days Adobe XD offers almost the same functionalities as its competitors: saving in the cloud, a pretty good prototyping tool with the opportunity to share a prototype link, the use of symbols and styles, a decent vector pen. The auto animate feature makes incredibly easy to create simple functional prototypes. Moreover, nowadays the integration with others applications of the Adobe Creative Suite works pretty well. Last but not least: I find that its performances are quite good, compared to similar software.

Cons

I find frustrating that Adobe XD doesn't integrate a minimum of bitmap editing features. While in Sketch and others software like that you rarely need to use another application, whit Adobe XD it's different. Obviously it makes sense, having Photoshop in the Creative Suite, but I believe that some integrations could boost the productivity. Moreover, I would like to have a customizable toolbar. Some functionalities, for example the Layout toggle, are not so accessible with the mouse and you must remember a lot of shortcuts.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe XD

Price, integration with the Creative Suite, performances, ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe XD

Price, integration with the Creative Suite, performances. Above all, performances.

Jason from FrogDesk

I have distanced from Adobe, but this tool is great

Pros

This is a really well made UI prototyping tool. Adobe has done quite a good job with this. The best part is that it's completely free to use it, the only thing that you have to pay for is multiple published prototypes at a time. I'm okay with just one, and prefer to control my own files anyway. I really like that this is not browser-based, I hate that so many new design tools are browser based as they do not perform well and are generally buggy, plus they generally tie you into their system, you can't control your own files. Worst, you can't do anything offline. Native is absolutely the way to go for this sort of thing.

Cons

It's lacking a dark mode. This is suuuuuuper annoying to me, especially since Adobe tools have generally been dark mode by default for years. It is also a pain to access plugins, they need to improve the interface for that or let plugins add their own interface. Would also like to see scroll areas and some other features, but can't fault them too bad as the tool is fairly new and they are regularly adding highly requested features.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe XD

Figma and Invision seem like great tools, but without native apps that perform well, work offline and let you save your own files, they are just not worth consideration.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe XD

Sketch is MacOS only. I do work across iOS, Mac, and Windows, and prefer software with compatibility in all three, but require at least Mac and Windows. Sketch is stubborn and would be much more successful if it would release for Windows as well.

Prototyping UI at best!

Overall it has made mine and my client visualization better by seeing and interacting with the site before the development phase.

Pros

1. An everything suite for all your Ui/Ux needs. 2. Adobe XD includes artboards which is one of the best element needed for creating different pages for your website or mobile UI. 3.Shared assets makes your work easier by just compiling all your common elements of a design into a pallete and one change to the element can change throughout the project. 4.Prototyping is extremely easy, just a flip to prototype mode and easy as dragging elements and linking each other. 5. Live preview: If you are using an MacBook for adobe xd, it includes an awesome feature for live preview for prototype on your iPhone. 6.Repeat Grid : One of the best features in adobe xd thaat lets you repeat elements either horizontally or vertically inspite of you repeatedly copying and pasting. 7.Perfomance: Opening an XD file is as quick as a fox.Even the interracting with interface is extremely easy and fluent.

Cons

1.Live preview is only available for IOS devices which is a great disadvantage for windows users. You have to upload the UI on your creative cloud then only you can see your work on your android device. 2. Animations is still in progress as it is not introduced in adobe xd but company states to soon release animation in Adobe XD itself. 3. Many features are needed which are either in development or introduced but not good to be used by professionals. 4. Heavy vectors can sometimes make Adobe Xd crash.

Adobe XD Helped us to make amazing Prototypes

We are recently got into UI/UX Design, and adobe xd helped us to build some really good prototypes for projects like music app, food ordering app, stock exchange and eCommerce, we can create almost every kind of app design by using adobe xd tool, there is some work that needed to be done of built-in animation. we create websites and app mockups with adobe XD and the benefit is we can create industry standard work with help of adobe XD, so i will definitely recommend the use of Adobe XD to those who want to get into UI/UX Design

Pros

Adobe xd is helpful when we are working on creating a user interface and user experience design; for an upcoming App idea, it helps us to visualize the app before its made it helps to prototype the working of an app which gives us a better idea how app will look before the development team starts building it, it is filled with all the functions that is needed to create a design, we can design and make a prototype, we can integrate it with adobe creative suite which is helpful in getting all designs solution at one place. Adobe xd can is useful in creating web and mobile app prototypes. we can add plugins which is really good thing.

Cons

It supports plugins, but that's very limited in front of sketch and it is difficult to do advance animation of a prototype in adobe xd; apart from that it is a perfect tool for all the design need and it has some predefined presets which we can use, so it's good. the interface of adobe XD is difficult for beginners so if someone who is new to adobe XD might need some proper tutorials and course to learn the interface once you get used to it is easy to work. there is some issues when testing our projects into android devices

R.Manoj from Loopin

UX Design tool to design world class products

My overall experience in designing various kinds of application ranging from simple websites to complex SaaS products with Adobe Xd has been very smooth as it helps me to easily collaborate with developers and also export the design in multiple formats like Pdf, png, jpg etc.

Pros

Some of the best features I like in Adobe Xd are 1) It helps me to design and prototype 3d Products and also can create animation concepts using X and Y transforms 2) Its very easy to exchange assets from other Adobe products like illustrator and photoshop 3) It provides various design view options like presentation, design feedback, development and many more.It also helps to create password protected design presentation links. 4) Adobe XD mobile app that helps me to see the live preview when designing mobile apps. 5) Organisation of design files into different folders which helped to differentiate designs of various projects. I really love the design presentation features that Adobe XD provides as it is more realistic and accurate

Cons

The cost of the tool is pretty expensive and there are lot of restrictions in the free version of the tool which may stop beginners or budding designers from trying Adobe XD to design products.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe XD

My previous company had choose Adobe XD as they were already using Adobe Creative cloud services which has access to various other tools like Photoshop, illustrator, InDesign,Premier Pro etc.

Margaret from Joint Commission Resources

Great addition to Adobe CC suite and a UX tool worth trying is already subscribe to Adobe's products

Overall, the learning curve is a little more steep than learning Sketch for example, but this is typical of Adobe applications. There are extensive video tutorials from Adobe, as well as individual content creators, to help you learn and leverage all of its features.

Pros

The master components and responsive resizing have been extremely helpful in building design elements that can be quickly access from a library, as well as updated across files if any design changes do occur. It allows for quick ideation, mockups, and basic prototypes to present to internal stakeholders for design approval processes, as well as external users for usability testing.

Cons

There are several basic features that were missing last year, like hover effects and link to anchor point on page, which other platforms possessed, but Adobe has added those in the last 6 months and continue to enhance and add functionalities. XD is little behind in functionality from other products like Sketch, Axure RP, etc. but they started building the products after these already existed. Responsive resize is nice, but also required building elements/components with particular attribute settings, which can be confusing for a new user. Also, the link sharing for usability prototypes is not secure...yet. The file owner needs to change the password in order to keep a shared prototype link from being access after a remote user testing session.

Julia from T-Mobile

Expensive but worth the price

XD is our main tool for web development or application development. It allows us to mock-ups, designs, and share prototypes. If you have used other Adobe products as it will be fairly easy to learn in that case.

Pros

There is a lot that I like about XD. But my favorite features are that you can work on file as a team and save them on cloud. XD can open files from other Adobe and Sketch products. Its vector editing has precise design functionality. It has lots of plugins available. It looks and feels like other Adobe products, so users can learn the tool faster and it is being updated constantly.

Cons

Adobe XD costs $ 9.99 / month if you don't have a Creative Cloud membership which might be expensive. You can draw basic shapes, but not unique ones. You can export a design, but you can't get CSS without a plugin.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe XD

XD has more third-party integrations which is crucial for my job.

Jose from Vimasistem

The best software interface designer

Pros

In my opinion its the best software for interface design and user experience. You can create flows, vectors, animations and design systems. It's very simple to use, also it doesn't require so many resources. For me its much better than Figma

Cons

I think there can be more plugins and more free collaborators.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe XD

The free version is very complete in comparison to the others

Erick from Erick Silva Design

Great for UX/UI design

Most of the agencies and clients I’ve worked with use Adobe Creatuve cloud in their design departments, so they already have Adobe XD installed. I never have to worry about compatibility with PC or Mac since it’s compatible on both. I’ve been able to demonstrate prototypes by sharing a link generated within the software, no third party plugins or exports needed.

Pros

I like that it’s quick and easy to create interface designs with Adobe XD. I can make wireframes, low fidelity, and high fidelity prototypes relatively easily. I like that I can import style guides and components, as well as add plugins to extend functionality.

Cons

There’s no default way to make a grid, at least on the current version I’m using. This would be helpful as most of my designs are based on a grid layout, at least columns.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe XD

Most other teams and clients I’ve worked with already have Adobe XD as part of Creative Cloud.

Umair from Butt IT Solutions

Powerful Platform to Create Professional Designs

I have used Adobe XD in lot of my projects, and I have also taught Adobe XD to my Students at an Educational Institute in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. My overall experience with Adobe XD is really awesome because this software always helps me to design the interface of my webpages and apps. Before the development process, first I design the look and everything of apps in Adobe XD and then I show the interface of app pages to my clients. They approve the app's interface, then I complete the development process. So I really like and Love Adobe XD.

Pros

Adobe XD is a unique platform where you can create designs for websites, mobile applications, games and more. The features of Adobe XD are really powerful like with prototypes you can test your apps and designs in a real way where you can add motion, animation, interactions and more. You can export your designs to Adobe After Effects. The tools are really awesome and the dashboard of Adobe XD is really very light and easy to understand and use. So if you want to design the interface of your webpages and apps then Adobe XD is best.

Cons

According to my experience, the tools of Adobe XD is awesome. The interface is fabulous and easy to use. Everything is available for the designers. Wherewith prototype, design can be created in such a realistic way. So, as far as I know, everything is perfect in Adobe XD.

Abid from Bank Alfalah Limited

Incredible and Professional Tool For UI/UX Design

According to my experience, this is the best UI/UX design tool. My overall experience with Adobe XD is really nice and good because I always create my website and application designs in the Adobe XD. I am really satisfied with the vector drawing tools. I always resize a group of components or objects for different screens and dimensions. The features of this software are really incredible for me because the software has helped me to design a lot of good things.

Pros

Adobe XD is an incredible and professional platform that allows users to create the design for mobile applications, websites, voice interfaces, games, and more. The software dashboard is really easy to use. With Adobe XD you can create stunning and beautiful designs for your websites and apps. Between different elements, you can create animations. You can share the design with your friends, team, and clients so they can check your design expertise and they can give feedback to you. You can also export your designs for the After effects.

Cons

No doubt, Adobe XD is one of the best Adobe products. According to my experience, there should be more external additional plugins for the beginners, so they can easily apply a lot of more things. Even these plugins can be useful for advanced users. I really love and like all other features of Adobe XD.

Hein Htet from SWPS University

Overall

According to my reviews which are mentioning above, I satisfy using this app because I can create as much a I want, like creating websites design is in your hand. But I really hope to give more discount for students.

Pros

This application is really good for creating the prototype or related in that fields. Moreover, I do recommend that this is a cool option to create a websites and application mockups. I am studying design and this application helps me a lot while I have a presentation related to my Designs and advertising my products, I can present my product together with how much I can persuade according to my website design. I am not sure about coding or other technology for coding yet I do recommend this application for prototyping of your own website since there are a lot of options to create as much as you want. I had been using other creating stuffs but I recommend this one according to my opinion and usage.

Cons

The only matter why feel not very comfortable with using this application is about price. As you know, adobe are for monthly or yearly plans of using the apps, I can use as the University is supplying us. But I believe it’s worth to pay for that. Beside, please watch out whether you would like to continue or unsubscribe one or two months in advance.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe XD

Because less options and I really prefer the Design and colours from XD.

Jessica from Insurance

Used DAILY

Wouldn't use any other PDF viewer, quick and easy.

Pros

Adobe is the best for PDF programs I have used. I have used this for the past 5 years and I love it.

Cons

sometimes with these newer models there is always new buttons to press and it takes time to figure it all out.

Great Design tool

XD has a lot of features that make it unique in the Design Software realm. With Repeat Grid, you can easily handle lists, repeated elements/components, and filler text. Prototyping features are great. Very smooth transition from Design to Prototyping. Prototyping also includes Auto-Animate (Animates your elements/components that have been carried from one screen to the next), Time triggers(transitions to a new screen after a set amount of time), and even the new Voice prototyping allowing us to finally prototype things like chat-bots and even Siri, Google, or Alexa integrations. XD also handles big files 10x more smoothly than Sketch ever will. Sharing your prototype, specs, and screens with your team is just as easy as all the other design tools, but similar to Figma, it provides CSS styling info for Devs to use in building. XD is a great Value as well since it comes bundled in the Adobe CC. Most Designers/Teams already have the Adobe CC for use of Photoshop and Illustrator, so being able to get essentially a FREE design tool in that package that is currently better than Sketch is great.

Pros

Great prototyping features. Repeat Grid feature for lists, repeated components. Ease of sharing. Smooth run ability(doesn't bog down my machine like Big Sketch files tend to do). Value. Potential to grow.

Cons

A lot of the new features are still being fine tuned, so although you can design with them, those features are replaced with default actions once you share a prototype. The Plugins that have been announced worry me. My problem with Sketch is that a lot of my work became dependent on Plugins which occasionally would become outdated. Also, Rollover ability in Prototyping is a small but crucial thing that is missing.

Tim from Provoke

Adobe XD review

I was a bit reluctant to change to XD, mainly because of how it handles text, but there's no looking back now. A really good product, that integrates well with the Adobe Suite.

Pros

Ease of use. It's a specialist web tool, so makes for a superior experience to working with Photoshop or Illustrator. It's also a relatively new product, so doesn't have the bloat of some of its counterparts. This may mean it lacks some expected functionality, but it makes up for this in its ease of use. Having a components library that can be imported across files is amazing when working with other designers.

Cons

Using text blocks is too rudimental. Instead of being able to tab content to align fields, you have to create multiple text blocks and manually align them. This also goes for leading. In a single text block, you can't have different leading for different text types. So if you want a title to have extra padding, it requires creating a specific text block each time.

Rebecca M. from Raggedy Edge Designs

Integrates Well

Pros

I guess a lot of people have a “one thing” that makes them love a specific prototyping tool (I’m looking at you Sketch fans) but really, the functionality doesn’t vary that much. I use Sketch, Figma and XD on a regular basis. They all do what I need. The thing that makes XD stand out for me is it’s integration with the Creative Cloud. When I’m doing a big project, that’s a huge advantage

Cons

I find the lack of menus clunky. I spend too much time poking around looking for something I expect to be on a—non existent—edit menu.

Creative Cloud integration

Nate from Ivie

Protoyping Gold

Similar to what I mentioned above, I use it every day. It has everything I need to be able to get wireframes, full builds and prototypes out the door and to market quickly. the integration with Photoshop and Illustrator file has also made life much easier in terms of using it across the Adobe platform. It just keeps getting better with every update they make. Fluid, helps with efficient workflow, and allows you to share assets and prototypes with clients more easily than any other. The video export can make it easy for someone who isn't viewing a realtime preso understand site/product flow and what the overall experience could be. I just can't say enough about XD. So glad Adobe got in on the UX/UI game. It was only right.

Pros

XD eases workflow, is light, and allows for quick building of anything that needs prototyping, especially products. It's also great for web and mobile builds. The features they've added recently, such as voice activation, new transitions, and exporting makes this second to none. I know many people are hot up on Sketch, rightfully so, but as an Adobe CC user, this is the tool for my everyday needs. Couldn't ask for more.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about XD. I've gone from using Photoshop almost entirely because the program is so lightweight and allows for greater scaling on large projects. I can't say enough about it.

XD over Sketch

Our team uses XD for all design work, and I am actually in the process of currently updating our design system to align with Google Material Design, including React components for ease of use for our development team.

Pros

XD can do everything Sketch can do, including having a community of developers and designers who are actively creating plugins to solve any functionality it cannot do yet. It makes sharing with developers immensely easier, and helps keep design teams on track by being able to create design/style guides in the cloud which are accessible by anyone on the team. And it's free? What more could you ask for?

Cons

In previous months I would have maintained there are things Sketch does better, especially when it comes to creating components, but with recent updates I no longer feel these things are an issue. If Sketch is still ahead as an industry standard, XD is quickly catching up, and with far more flexibility.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe XD

Previous to my current position I had more experience with Sketch, although I always liked XD from the first time I used it. Having recently made the transition into a team which uses XD as their go to tool, I am getting the opportunity to work with it in more depth.

Erik from Ghostery

Industry: Security and Investigations

A valuable tool for designing and prototyping

I am able to share and collaborate on my design projects via Adobe Creative Cloud so other members of my team can see changes in real time and make notes and edits as needed.

Pros

I am grateful to Adobe for having a web design platform available within the Adobe suite. The interface is very clean - similar to Sketch. You can directly export to Zeplin with its own shortcut which is incredibly useful for sharing design specs, swatches, and asset guidelines automatically for coding purposes. Also being able to copy assets from Illustrator is incredibly useful even though the assets don't import correctly all the time.

Cons

You can not directly export to Sketch or save files in Sketch format. This is a HUGE problem. Adobe has the capability to implement this feature and simply refuses. I understand they don't want to cater to other platforms, but it is a necessity to be able to work with Mac designers as Sketch is the standard for Apple users. Importing assets from Illustrator or copying assets from Sketch files creates issues. The responsive sizing is less than ideal as it tends to warp assets and bend vector paths in odd ways. Designing within XD is fine but it doesn't seem to play well with others (even within the Adobe suite) making it my last line or defense when executing projects under Lunacy by Icons8, Zeplin, Invisionapp, and Sketch.

Iqra from Butt IT Solutions

The best and Awesome UI/UX design Tool

I create web templates so, before the development, I design the wireframes for these templates in Adobe XD. I have also designed a few mobile applications, and I also designed their mockup before the development using Adobe XD. I am really satisfied and happy with Adobe XD because I found it awesome for my UI/UX design projects.

Pros

Adobe XD is the best UI/UX design tool for mobile apps and web apps. Adobe XD is the best platform where you can create professional designs even for games, voice interfaces and more. You can show these wireframes and high-fidelity designs to your clients before the development process. The interface of Adobe XD is really easy to use and understand. The tools are also professional and simple so you can build incredible designs.

Cons

I have created a number of mobile apps and web apps designs using Adobe XD. The artboards interface, tools, and every feature are really awesome. I am honestly speaking, I never faced any issue during the use of this great software, so for me, there are no cons.

Alex from Esper Creations, LLC

Great Web Design Solution for Front-End Developers

Pros

The best part of this software, in my opinion, has to be its ease of use. In a matter of minutes our design team is able to quickly and accurately create web friendly illustrations that can be easily passed on to our front-end development team to be used in any software project. Not only is the program a breeze for our graphic designs, but they are also able to the program's special export feature that allows them to export the files in a compressed format without losing quality of the image, keeping our software as fast as possible without the manual work of optimizing each file.

Cons

One feature that has been quite frustrating about this software is difficulty to enable scrolling ability when previewing a full length design. The software forces you to not only manually set the scrolling direction along with forcing you to find the content fold line yourself, even though most of the time it is hidden under the projects canvas. I have had many of our designers complain about this and it seems like something that should be automatically adjusting based on a simple setting before creating the project, but with some manually adjustments, this issue can be fixed.

Ryan from Limabean

I'm mildly impressed

I was not aware that Adobe XD was this good. UI UX is something I'm learning more of and the UI UX of XD has been nothing short of brilliant.

Pros

This is a fairly simple and powerful UI UX layout tool. I was skeptical of it when I installed it, but it's free and so powerful. Most definitely one that's staying in my arsenal for some time to come.

Cons

Needs additional plugins to add some of the features you may be used to in other design software packages. There are quite a few, and the list is growing, but it's not all there.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe XD

Xd is built for UI UX design, and Illustrator is not the ideal tool to make that work, though it was potential, it serves an entirely different purpose.

Zach from zstvns

Adobe XD Review

Having the software tied to an Adobe Subscription makes it difficult to share prototypes. They have to be updated constantly and relinked every time a change is made.

Pros

It is native to Adobe CC, so you get the advantages of having all your design tools syncing together.

Cons

Because it is native to Adobe CC, it is difficult to share files with clients who don't have the software. You can, though it isn't as easy as an internet based-tool like Figma.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe XD

Some of these alternatives are direct competitors (Sketch, Figma), but when used in conjunction with a tool like Webflow, where I can actually implement static designs from XD, it is a good tool.

Clément from ICAN

Good at everything, but expert at nothing

I discovered Adobe XD more than a year ago and it was my first modeling tool. I made somethings great and today I can teach to my students how to modeling and prototyping their first pages and applications. However, Adobe XD does not allow you to work as accurately as some Adobe or other creative software and this is a great disappointment. Today when I work on models I consider using Sketch or Figma, Adobe XD is my backup choice.

Pros

Adobe XD has the advantage of being part of the Adobe suite, which ensures great flexibility with other software. Working with Photoshop, Illustrator or After Effects is very practical thanks to a simple export of your work on these softwares.

Cons

Adobe XD has nothing to envy other modeling software and is very late. The organization of his work is difficult between layers, component color schemes and typography which are very messy. Adobe XD does not allow to do a work as precise as other software and wants to answer all the problems at the same time: modeling, retouching and prototyping when modeling seems already difficult on some points.

Adobe Xdud

XD has certainly come a long way from not being in the conversation of UX designing Softwares to now closing the gap to a large extent. They have been slow in updating and fulfilling their user's requirements. These steady innovations have brought them higher up in the rankings, but still far behind a much helpful features of Figma. Having new features adding in almost every month but tools like Figma have been blowing it out of water ever since and that may never change. Adobe Xd, for now, is a dud in the UX design software food chain.

Pros

Familiarity with the software having a similar interface as other Adobe Creative Cloud with a tool panel on the left, the main area in the center, layers, etc. on the right. The new features that seem like they aren't going to stop coming real soon like Responsive Resize, Timed Transitions, and Spell Check are quite helpful. I absolutely enjoy the repeat grid feature. No need for multiple copy-pasting objects every time.

Cons

Perhaps the most stressful con is not having a real-time collaboration option. Having separate spec sheets and then to have them republish every time editing the design. One who has used Figma will find it tedious to not have the proper tools like text options, layer effects, and image tools. Lacks flexibility in using components at instances. One cannot make changes to a symbol they're creating. Changing the size of a symbol changes all its instances. If you want to create graphics from scratch you can do it right inside Figma, whereas XD is not equipped for this task, requiring a second piece of software instead (Illustrator/Photoshop). Not linking the assets used in the project like colors, text styles, and symbols create a tiring process.

An awesome product - only lacks in user presentation

Pros

This is a fabulous platform and prototyping software tool. It truly can say it has VASTLY improved from when it first got into the design game. The integration with sketch and obviously all Adobe products make it a big win. Check it out!

Cons

Still needs to incorporate animations and other eye-popping features which we all KNOW adobe can do for us. I believe it's just a matter of time. When presenting a product I want to be able to show as close to the final as possible - let's do this.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe XD

Adobe integration - more features.

Tanuj from IIIT Delhi

Adobe XD: Prototyping Simplified

In a nutshell, my experience with Adobe XD has been a very positive one. Even in its most basic subscription plan (which is free of cost), it provides all the vital features necessary for creating and deploying incredible prototypes in a systemized manner. It maximizes productivity by creating two distinct yet intertwined workflows for designing screens and setting up interactions between them.

Pros

If you work in the area of UI/UX Design, Adobe XD is one of the critical tools you can have in your asset. Prototyping in Adobe XD is a breeze, thanks to the simplistic yet purposive interface it provides. The tools it provides for designing prototypes are very intuitive to learn and use, making it easy for new users to onboard. Adobe XD also features a separate workflow for handling the interactions within a prototype, rendering the processes of designing and prototyping interactions discrete yet fluid. Furthermore, it allows you to deploy your prototypes on the Adobe Cloud, making it easy and quick to share and test your prototypes.

Cons

Once you get accustomed to the streamlined workflow of Adobe XD, it might take you a while to adapt to those of other competing prototyping services.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe XD

The team I worked with primarily used the Adobe Creative Suite, which provided me a great chance to work with Adobe XD and get familiar with it over time.

Bhavin from Samson Properties

Integral tool for our design workflow

Adobe XD is difficult to introduce into your design workflow but once you figure it out and your teams feel comfortable, that’s when the magic happens. It’s easy to deploy and super fast.

Pros

The best part about Adobe XD is the ease of deployment and how senselessly it becomes an integral part of your workflow. Quick and easy and Adobe keeps adding more useful features almost every month.

Cons

As such there’s nothing really to dislike, we do feel like it lacks some tools but then again XD was designed for speed of delivery and not necessarily and end to end tool. So no complaints.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe XD

Easy and seamless deployment with creative cloud

Joaquin from National Electric Corporation of Venezuela (CORPOELEC)

Turn your Photoshop and Illustrator designs into interactive prototypes quickly and easily

If you are a user of the Adobe ecosystem, there is no easier way to test your UI designs. Access your work from anywhere through the Adobe cloud.

Pros

Design and Prototype. In these two terms, simple and direct, Adobe XD groups its tools under a clean and clear interface that will not give problems; even those who are not familiar with Adobe's apps. Work with artboards and layers, just like in Illustrator and Photoshop; and as expected, import all your assets from these easily. Cool! Set of simple but competent design tools (vectors, texts, forms, lines...); enough for most cases (if you start your designs from scratch in the application). Share your work with your team, on your PC through links, or by the mobile application (XD Prototypes). Support your work in Adobe cloud storage. If you do so, your team can leave comments and notes linked to the project artboards (just one design at a time for the free start plan). The application gives you tutorials and valuable UI kits that will allow you to replicate the style of the most popular interfaces (iOS, Windows, Google Material). Create grids, lists and repetitive elements easily and accurately with 'Repeat Grid'. Undoubtedly, the star tool of XD. Templates available for most of the available devices (IPhone, Android, Microsoft). Build your prototypes and navigation systems easily by linking your artboards and design elements with the drag and drop tool (Prototype mode). And at the same time you get an accurate view of the architecture of your site or application. Variety of transitions and effects to style your application.

Cons

If you are a PC user, you must have at least Windows 10 to use the application. If you decide to be serious with the application you will have to pay for any of the available plans to have enough storage space and enable all the collaborative capabilities. Unlike Sketch, is not possible to add functionality through plugins. Undoubtedly this has weighed a bit its expansion and acceptance, since all the development depends directly on Adobe. Although some design specifications can be exported, it is not yet possible to translate the designs to CSS. Limited or not-so-designed design tools, such as those provided by InVision or Sketch, for example.

Greg from Canyons Digital

XD is my go to app for prototypes and quick mockups

The XD team is responsive when I ask questions or request features. It works great for how I use it.

Pros

It is so easy to use and I can easily go between Photoshop and Illustrator and XD. It is intuitive as well.

Cons

It lacks in feature sets compared to competitors, but the ease of use and the interface for me is why i use it over sketch

Reasons for Switching to Adobe XD

Sketch cost extra money and I didn't like the interface or how it functioned in some aspects.

Timmy from Epic Software

Misses key design tools, but still gets the job done professionally.

Mocking up console screens and user dialogue boxes with this program is effective, but sometimes make me wish for a more fleshed-out version of an animation software, rather than a skin-deep but fast tool like Adobe XD

Pros

Adobe XD is unique in its capabilities since it does not have to use layers like Photoshop or other similar design suites. Without layers, changes can be made quickly and easily by managers like myself, or sent back for quick revision to other designers without a full photoshop-sized file.

Cons

When using this software, it's impossible to animate between pages, files, or stills that would otherwise be connected by transitions, shading, or animation techniques. So one is really just guessing what kind of scene will flow into the next effectively.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe XD

Adobe comes with the cloud suite of other products by Adobe, which are extremely useful and necessary fr our daily business operations.

The Best Design Tool!

I would highly recommend this platform for any UX designer. It also allows you to work with others in real-time. Such an amazing tool.

Pros

I absolutely love Adobe XD. I use it as my primary workspace to design wireframes and prototypes based on projects that I'm working on. It is such an easy platform to use and requires little to no previous experience necessary to run the software.

Cons

I have no cons for this platform. It runs very smoothly and I have never had any crashes or any other issues with it. I am very pleased with Adobe XD.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe XD

Adobe XD is a free platform.

Michael from Self-employed

Great UX/UI design and prototyping tool

I use Adobe XD as my tool of choice to design and prototype product/web projects when I can. Sometimes I have to use other tools depending on the tools that are pre-determined by the client. I really like XD. Feels more polished in a lot of ways when compared to Sketch or other tools. Maybe because I'm already used to the Adobe ecosystem. Advance prototyping can get pretty laborious with auto-animate but it is still really powerful and I like it. The tool has improved a lot in the last year or two especially.

Pros

Follows Adobe's tool conventions/ecosystem. Integration from other Adobe products. Can import Sketch files if you started initial work from there.

Cons

Having to duplicate one artboard multiple times depending on the complexity of the auto-animate animation with the prototype.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe XD

I'm more familiar with the Adobe products and eco-system. Also, in my experience and to my knowledge the prototyping functionality is more powerful in Adobe XD then it is with Sketch.

Brandon from Self-employed at Zellous Design

An excellent UI design app in progress

Of the tools I've tried (Illustrator, XD, Sketch, Figma, Affinity Designer), XD has been the smoothest most intuitive tool for UI design.

Pros

Adobe has gotten so much "right" with Adobe XD. It's refreshing and encouraging. At this point, Adobe XD has a decently rich feature set, but it has taken a while to get to this point, and a lot of designers have decided to stick with or move on to Sketch and Figma. One of my favorite features is the repeating grid. Take any element or group of elements, press cmd+r, and you can drag to the right, bottom, or both and the item(s) will repeat. You can also quickly click and drag to adjust the gutter, the space in-between the repeating items. Prototyping is also built in. It's not a feature I've used as much, but from my experimenting, it seems to be implemented well.

Cons

Adding features has been a fairly slow process. Ultimately I appreciate the approach as opposed to rushing out poor implementations of features, but it's difficult to adapt XD for projects when the feature set is lacking. I'm diving back into XD after a period of using Figma and the state of features has improved, but I'm still waiting to see if there are key features lacking.