All Adilo Reviews

Above all else: SECURITY

Tyrone

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Best Platform for Video Hosting in 2021

I didn't have a video option to capture leads, because I was using Youtube embeded videos on my website. Now with Adilo, I can do all this and provide a clean and consistent visual player for my viewers.

PROS

It's one of simplest and easiest to use interfaces, and the embed works well with Oxygen Builder. Also I'm really looking forward to seeing the oEmbed during Q3 2021 and once that's out, it will be a game changer because I'll just copy the link like Youtube and it will automatically display the video in Wordpress. I'm also keen to see the Google Drive import become available too.

CONS

Currently, I would like to see more than just one integration with Zapier. This makes it limited to an expensive integration solution. I would like to see other integrations with SyncSpider.

Reason for choosing Adilo

Call to action features, and clean user interface.

Reasons for switching to Adilo

More functions and a cleaner video player with easier to use interface.

Isabel

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2021

A perfect option to manage all your personal and professional videos (even your audios)

I have solved problems related to storing and managing video files for educational and commercial purposes.

PROS

I want to highlight the UI of the program, great design, and functionality. Very Top. Leaving aside the options that you expect by default in this type of platform (speed, security, and organization), for my work scenario, I would suggest the following: 1. Educational purpose: Segment the video into chapters to facilitate navigation 2. tool to record videos directly. Great for quick tours. Business purpose: 1. include CTA in the video before, during, and at the end (including HTML but not iframe, a shame). 2. possibility to carry out conversion experiments 3. various options to integrate into third-party platforms. (They are going to improve a little more in this regard. The oEmbed Standard & Embedly Support options are in their roadmap). Its statistics options wildly struck me. You can see information about playback, interactions, and audience location.

CONS

Things I miss on my stage: 1. possibility to include CTAs as cards within a video while it is play 2. more integration options with generic CRM such as Hubspot or automation systems as Integromat

Reason for choosing Adilo

We liked the program's interface better and it has all the options we need. One that is critical is being able to replace an existing video from the backend. This saves us a lot of time in maintaining the system.

Reasons for switching to Adilo

It gives us all the options we need at a more competitive price.

Dallas

Reviewed September 2023

Adilo Has Potential - Right Now? It's Half-baked and Not Ready.

Customer service support has been good, thanks to Vivian. The actual platform, I haven't had a great experience with Adilo. It has poor performance. Most of the time, you have to reload and constantly click before the page renders, which is across all browsers.It's not to be compared to Vimeo because the quality does not come close, not even by a mile. I like that the co-founder is ambitious to create. However, Adilo lacks focus on perfecting the basics because the basic functionalities and core functions have the most bugs. It's a lifetime deal. However, I would've canceled if it had been a monthly subscription. I believe Adilo has potential. However, potential is only a possibility.With Adilo, time will tell. It was a lifetime deal; therefore, it's a low risk. Therefore, I don't feel that I've lost much except time trying to get the basic functionalities to load or work. It's time-consuming and frustrating. It's the experience that made me appreciate Vimeo and another LTD I purchased (Gumlet), so I don't mind the monthly expense of Vimeo. I know the quality and the experience I'll get.

PROS

It's a lifetime deal that minimizes the risks of wasting too much time and money.Custom branding.The ability to use Video GIFS via email.Awesome Customer Support from Vivian. She's awesome!!!It has a lot of potential if they focus on making the core functionality great vs. trying to implement new features while leaving the others half-baked.

CONS

It's very buggy. The Adilo team has shiny object syndrome. They try to be feature-heavy vs. focusing on perfecting the basic functionality, which lags and doesn't work half the time. Therefore, priorities are in no order.Onboarding is not good. Every time I log in, it takes me through a loop as if I'm new and just onboarding. I've brought this to their attention.Many corners were cut - bad development and lack of quality coding back-end, thus the subpar experience.

Reason for choosing Adilo

It was cost-effective with a lowball offer. (lifetime deal) so it was low risk.

Christian

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Video Hosting Platform For Marketers

I like their model but once I got my account I'm realizing I can't have as many views as I thought I'd be able to have, due to the bandwidth issue, so I feel forced to upgrade to a higher account limit, which is not a good feeling after thinking I got a 500 GB account so I'd never need more. Plus the customer service is very frustrating, having to wait for days.

PROS

Adilo has put together some great features for businesses using videos in their marketing, like analytics showing views, call to actions and email capture

CONS

The customer service is very poor. They have a live chat and do have someone there...but every time I've asked for help they tell me it will be 12-24 hours and I've never heard back. I've had to remind them multiple times before finally getting the help I need, even with super simple questions like "what day of the month does my monthly bandwidth renew?"When I purchased the software I didn't know there was a bandwidth limit, I thought there was just a storage limit (probably my fault). So I got an account with 500 GB of storage. Problem is, when you upload a video they create multiple versions so your storage is way more than the video you uploaded. Then...when someone watches your video, they track your bandwidth, and I'm finding that even though I don't have many viewers, when they do watch a video it uses a lot more bandwidth than I would think, so even though I have lots of storage, the bandwidth gets used much faster than I would imagine, and I have no idea how to track that.

Reasons for switching to Adilo

I wanted to brand my videos, have full control, be able to use marketing features like email capture, and not have commercials.

Ray

Reviewed July 2021

An Excellent platform for managing hosted video

Greatly enjoy working with the platform and it will be my go-to manager for my hosted video content.

PROS

Adilo is a great platform for managing hosted video. The user interface is clean and intuitive and the analytical dashboard is exceptional. Adilo has the ability to Brand the player to your company and even features custom domains. This looks very professional. There are a lot of additional tools in the suite for screen and web cam recording and even requesting video from clients with no software download.

CONS

No major cons to speak of. I would like to see a multi-level folder structure for managing video projects. No Live Stream capabilities and not sure if it is on the roadmap.

Reasons for switching to Adilo

Adilo seems to have better analytical data and DRM which I am not using at the moment but it may come in handy in the future.

Michael (MC)

I switched from Wistia

Impressed with its features set (comparable with Wistia) but it also has bonus features like SnapByte (screencasts) and Snap Pages (web meeting booking pages with embedded video and personal profile information).

PROS

The split testing and on-video contact capture forms are great. Adilo's player is good looking and easily branded. I like the Experimentation feature for A/B split testing. It's simple to use. Recommended for anyone who is serious about using video in their marketing and optimising its performance.

CONS

The initial integration attempt with Keap failed. Might be a temporary issue?

The price and features.

Reasons for switching to Adilo

Adilo does everything that Wistia does, and more... for a lower price.

Angela

Law Practice, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2021

I love this feature-rich video hosting and storage software

I need a place to securely store video, and now I have it. It also prevents piracy of my courses with DRM controls on each video.

PROS

It's really easy to stay organized. I create a lot of content, so I need to keep track of it all. Adilo has an super-simple way of organizing content into project folders, so I can keep all of my content for the various video courses that I create all together in one place. With one click, I can have all the videos in that folder have the same DRM rights, player controls, and player look and feel. It's brilliantly simple.

CONS

I wish that it made the videos available right away; it takes them a while to render. A small inconvenience, however.

Reasons for switching to Adilo

Tired of paying annual fees for Vimeo. I got a lifetime deal on Adilo.

Skye

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

Powerful Video Management Platform For Business

Very positive, solid platform with great support/help docs.

PROS

I loved how quickly I could record my screen/webcam in the Snaps feature, and then place it on a landing page for fast (quick loading) streaming. The analytics also allowed me to know how effective the content was so I can pivot to create more engagement.

CONS

Would prefer if auto captions were unlimited on all plans as AI can provide this and the user could edit transcripts.

Reason for choosing Adilo

Better deal with generous terms

Reasons for switching to Adilo

Because Vimeo wasn't offering the same level of features at the same price

Masuk Sarker

E-Learning, 201-500 employees

Reviewed June 2021

the best video hosting i have ever seen

PROS

This Adilo video hosting is exceptional!! I am so blessed after using their service. Super fast upload speed, unlimited project, unlimited storage, youtube like channel creation is also possible. Video replace option like Vimeo!!!! DRM for preventing piracy ‍☠️

CONS

Under the project, I am unable to create folders to organize videos. This is the only downside.

Reasons for switching to Adilo

Adilo has everything that vimeo has + It has DRM security, YouTube like channel creation option, chapter adding and much much more.

Troy

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Video Protection and Customizable

I found it pretty easy to use, since I had plenty of experience with Vimeo. They also have nice walkthrough features and videos to show you what's going on when you are new.

PROS

I like the customizable player. I also like the ability to watermark my videos so that they cannot be shared with others that have not paid for my trainings.

CONS

They have integration with zapier, but I'd like to see integration with an alternative tool called Integrately. So it's not so much a con, but a feature I'd like to see, since there are more zapier alternatives coming out.

Reasons for switching to Adilo

Save money and get features not available on the Vimeo platform.

Donovan

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Amazing Marketing Software

LOVE them! From the bottom of my heart, I have nothing but respect for the work ethic and the software that this company is putting out. I am a lifer.

PROS

It has more features than any other marketing software that I have used.

CONS

Althought there are no missing features, I believe getting all the features in so early has caused some of the features to be a little buggy at times. That being said, they are working quickly to resolve these issues. I love that about this company.

Reasons for switching to Adilo

I enjoyed VooPlayer but a few months ago, they made some changes and it quit working the way it used too. Was very disappointed.

Frank

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Reliable video hosting and so much more

I can highly recommend Adilo as a reliable partner for video hosting that takes this concept much much further to help you deliver an amazing experience to your clients. It's great to also see that they are still bringing on more features that are useful for creating a better experience for my clients. That's what I care most about.

PROS

The videos I am using on my website are playing lightning-fast, so Adilo ensures a great user/visitor experience for potential clients and clients alike. I really like the customization options you have to make your video look like "your branding". In regards to loading time, it absolutely eats Wistia or Vimeo for breakfast. I like that I can place a CTA in the video and do more marketing-related stuff if I want to do that at some point. I love the intuitive UI that allows you to navigate quickly and find everything you need within a couple of clicks. I can even use it to create courses where I know the videos are safe and cannot be downloaded. A cool feature is that I can ask my clients for videos if we're working on a project or accountability together, really powerful. And I can even split test videos...that's next level as well.

CONS

In the beginning, I didn't like that the video wasn't playing in incognito mode on mobile, but this issue has been resolved by the team at Adilo.

Reason for choosing Adilo

Because adilo was overdelivering on what I need for my business with a team that's inspired by what they created.

Reasons for switching to Adilo

Mostly because of the loading time of videos in Wistia, takes forever to play a video.

Stu

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Probably The Best Affordable Alternative to YouTube and Vimeo

Hands down THE BEST customer service of any online video hosting facility I've ever dealt with. I thought Vimeo was good, but Adilo puts them to shame - returns e-mails literally within the half hour. I've been able to correspond with the same rep every day while setting up my account and continue to be able to reach her anytime I have a question or issue.

PROS

I was able to obtain a Lifetime license which gave me plenty of storage and bandwidth each month that more than covers my needs. The best part about that is I only have to pay now if I need more storage or bandwidth...and their pricing on both is amazingly low considering the competition. Their streaming is as good or better than the majors too. Very happy I was referred to Adilo by a friend.

CONS

There is a 15 gb maximum file upload which poses a problem for 1920x1080 HD files that run longer than three hours for me. Also, as of this review, their integration with both Google Drive and Dropbox for file importing to bypass the upload limit is flaky at best. Both services claim Adilo has not yet been approved as a safe app, but I assume this will change as Adilo gets bigger. I also had some network time outs when I uploaded files larger than 10 gb but that has been resolved.

Reason for choosing Adilo

For the Lifetime license and what I received for it, but even their monthly rates are reasonable.

Reasons for switching to Adilo

I was exceeding my bandwidth limitations with them and to increase my monthly allotment with them far exceeded my budget. I am still with them, but have moved about 30% of my files to Adilo because their pricing was more than reasonable for me to make the switch...and their pricing for additional storage and bandwidth in case of an overrun are more than affordable.

Kevin

E-Learning, 1 employee

Excellent Vimeo alternative

I've been using Vimeo exclusively since 2008 — back when there was a much bigger difference in video quality between Vimeo and YouTube, plus no ads. I've been generally pretty happy with Vimeo… other than the price (at least it's not a Wistia-crazy kind of price!). But Vimeo has been pretty slow about adding new features. I bought Adilo as an LTD… but as I've been taking it for a test drive, I'm happy to discover so many features that Vimeo doesn't have. I'll be keeping Vimeo for one account that I manage because of the included livestreaming functionality… but my other accounts are all moving to Adilo!

PROS

• Scheduled Publishing/Unpublishing • Content Security • Robust Analytics

CONS

• No 1.25x or 0.75x speed controls (1.5x is too fast; 0.5x is too slow) • No global presets for player appearance (e.g. which controls appear) and interaction tools… so I have to manually toggle on/off what is shown on the playbar, set it to display the thumbnail at the end, etc. for each video.

Reason for choosing Adilo

Wistia is crazy expensive!

Reasons for switching to Adilo

Primarily due to cost, but I've since discovered a number of useful features that Vimeo does not have.

Patrick

Excellent Software

Adilo helps me protect my videos and helps reduce my video hosting costs. I always used to battle with slow embeds with my previous provider so the fact that Adilo takes load speed seriously is also such an amazing feature for my business. Overall my experience with Adilo has been exceptionally positive and I would highly recommend them to any business that uses video.

PROS

I love the fact that I can apply dynamic watermarks to my videos to protect them. I also really like that they offer unlimited video uploads, speed optimized video embeds and generous bandwidth.

CONS

As a fairly new company, their software doesn't have a ton of integrations with other software yet. In the meantime, I just use Zapier so it's not a huge deal.

Reason for choosing Adilo

Mainly cost but also because Adilo provides a ton of additional features that the other options did not.

Reasons for switching to Adilo

The main factor was cost. But after using Adilo, I also realised that they have a much deeper feature set and overall provide a better product.

Tonya

Publishing, 1 employee

Impressed

I will use Adilo to implement an online course revenue stream, something I have wanted to do for some time.

PROS

I liked the Adilo features better including the enhanced security, the multi-language subtitles since I have a worldwide fan base, and the ease of uploading videos. Also, I have found the customer service outstanding. I have also been impressed by the road map and really like the planned direction the product is going.

CONS

The more advanced features are a bit intimidating, but I liked the customer service so much I am confident I will be able to master them. I like the fact that I can use the product for marketing but this will require some learning and experimentation on my part.

Reason for choosing Adilo

Adilo was more cost-effective and I like the security features and the speed. I also wanted the subtitle features.

Reasons for switching to Adilo

Adilo is more cost-effective, especially since I purchased the lifetime subscription through App Somo. I couldn't justify the high cost of Vimeo when I needed to upgrade.

Gustavo

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Great purchase

As someone who recently invested in Adilo, I can confidently say that this platform is a serious contender in the video hosting space. While I haven't fully utilized all of its features yet, I am thoroughly impressed with what I've seen thus far. The interface is sleek and modern, and it's clear that the Adilo team has prioritized user-friendliness.As a business owner, I'm excited to explore the various tools and options that Adilo provides for video marketing and sales.I believe Adilo has a bright future ahead and I look forward to seeing how they continue to innovate and improve their platform.

PROS

It gives me all I need for a video-hosting platform, and I was able to buy a LTD, which is amazing for a platform with all of this features.

CONS

So far nothing to complain, I am happy with the purchase

Adilo had an LTD and more features than Vimeo

Mell

Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 employees

This review was submitted organ