All Hippo Video Reviews

Mike

Writing and Editing, 1 employee

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed March 2022

Has most of the features I was seeking

Andrew Jude

Education Management, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed March 2022

fulfills my marketing video needs

It's a very good tool. I would recommend it to anybody who need a quick and easy way to make videos and store them online.

PROS

I love the fact that it integrates with Zoom. I can record my classes and have them hosted in my account. It's a powerful video tool. I love the video player. I especially love the Teleprompter option. The video tutorials are a very thoughtful touch.

CONS

I am a teacher, I wish the features for teachers were included in my plan.

Reasons for switching to Hippo Video

Hippo Video is cheaper and has more features.

Lucio

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Meets the requirements

A great tool to send videos to prospects and scale the outreach without compromising the quality.

PROS

Personalization at scale is made easy with Hippo, a few simple clicks and you can fill video snippets to change a premade video.

CONS

Editing functions are not super fast, and the "pro edit" feature takes a while to load. This is not a blocker, but it does limit the number of contacts a salesperson can hiper-personalize the contact per day.

Reason for choosing Hippo Video

The feature to personalize videos easily separates Hippo from the contenders.

Debjit

Individual & Family Services, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2018

My favorite online basic video editor.

This web-based service eliminates my requirements of PC for small editing/correction of any premade projects. And if I create the whole project here I just need web browser work that's great for a traveler video editing which I am considering to do. For this price point I definately go with it, the bandwidth is limited but you always update to another 3rd party software and overcome this limitation. I am very happy to use with this service and love to recomended my friends to use this.

PROS

Import videos from cloud, record screen, webcam or ip-camera to record your video and edit them on the go, options are unlimited. It helps me to update my animation video directly on YT. This eliminates all my needs of editing or just little touchups for videos. Import from g-drive import and edit and re-upload to YT. Cut, Copy, Crop very easily. With export directly to my G drive it is easy for me to share screen capturing videos with client. Which is a grate features for me. 10 min video limitation is also more then enough for me.

CONS

You can only edit some basic, no effect they offer. You have to create your import and export video intro and outro. For basic home video and sharing screen recording for tutorial is done with no problem, if you need more then then you have to look elsewhare.

Eyüp

Financial Services, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2022

Hippo Video EO

PROS

The interface is very easy to use this software. The tools it has are also quite sufficient and useful.

CONS

The limit on video quality needs to be rearranged. I think I deserve better video quality for the price I paid

Reasons for switching to Hippo Video

I use all of them separately for different file types

Internet, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed October 2019

I don't need anything else then Hippo

I use it to record screen to create How-To videos. I use it too to help my client when they have a problem with a software or Wordpress. I create a video to show them what they have to do and they keep the video as a reminder.

PROS

Very user friendly, Easy to customize, Easy to edit video, Good Chrome Plugin

CONS

I didn't find anything wrong until now. I like this software/app very much.

Reason for choosing Hippo Video

More feature and a better price

Reasons for switching to Hippo Video

Less expensive and more feature in the basic subscription

Farzana

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Effective Tool For Making Instructional Videos!

Simple yet beneficial! In the case of creating a project plan, it saves a ton of time. I use Zoom to record the meeting and cut out the necessary footage. Done! An essential tool for managers or team leaders.

PROS

It enables me to record the client requirements as they provide them and later on edit them accordingly. This provides a perfect notion for my team. Everyone gets a proper guide to it. Additionally ideal for creating instructional videos. I love using it since it works with numerous platforms and can be accessed online.

CONS

It lacks several features necessary to provide more modern content. With time comes more competition, which calls for adding additional features.

Amanda

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Forget Loom, Hippo Video is so much more Flexible

I love it and will tell people to choose this over loom any day because of the ease of use, integrations and how easy it makes marketing to clients.

PROS

I have been using Hippo Video for several years now and the updates never cease to amaze me.

CONS

When I first started using it, the green screen option wasn't great, but now it it much better.

Teresa

Information Technology and Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Bringing Customer Engagement to Life

PROS

I like the capability to create 1:1 introductory videos with ease and customize an accompanying landing page. This has made it super easy for our CSMs to create personalized introduction videos going to their assigned accounts. We also liked the ability to create video hubs to easily share curated resources with specific accounts.

CONS

I think the new AI enabled features are very exciting but could use some polishing as they do not look very realistic. In addition, the team did experience some bugs while utilizing the features above. However, the Support team at Hippo were very responsive and helpful in troubleshooting.

Peter

Libraries, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed December 2023

Hippo Video is a nice tool to have for personalizing communication

My company started using this during COVID. We were not traveling to see customers, so this provided the next-best alternative. It assisted with prospecting for new business but also a way to provide a special message to new customers.

PROS

I work in sales, and it's great to have an alternative to the same boring email. With Hippo Video, I can provide something compelling to open and watch. It also provides a special way to communicate to new customers, to personally thank them for their business and tell them about next steps.

CONS

It takes a lot of clicks to attach an email.

1,001-5,000 employees

Hippo Review

PROS

Works well, easy to utilize, easy to deploy to users.

CONS

Have not found an issue thus far with the platform.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Blows away the competition

PROS

Not only is the software easy to implement, and successful in what it does, but the Customer Service is amazing!

CONS

There are no negatives at this moment. Love it!

Price, use, and support.

Matt

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Outbound Sales Tool

PROS

Integration into Hubspot and Apollo.io. This makes my outbound prospecting seamless.

CONS

Slow to load and save videos sometimes through 3rd party integrations

1 employee

Reviewed November 2018

A lot of potential for this Hippo!

Overall, hippo video has a lot of potential. I hope they get more customers so they can develop and continue their product.

PROS

What I liked the most about Hippo video is that you never have to install the software on your desktop and all you need is a web browser like Chrome to screen record and edit videos. The integrations and the video testimonials from Customers are just a BONUS!

CONS

Maybe the least like about the software are their notifications which shows INVALID LINKS (no links at all) whenever a customer sends a testimonial. Also the landing page for our video page is not that pleasing / not much customization.

Gabriel

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

Reviewed May 2019

Hippo is EASY!

I would chose this over any and all major video editing software

PROS

Very easy to use! You actually can create and edit videos in just clicks of the mouse!

CONS

There is nothing that I can think of besides the fact that it is not free!

Vitaliy

Reviewed May 2018

Hippo Video has helped our company communicate in a visual way!

We can easily communicate with a team, clients, customers. The videos can be edited in so many ways we even record training for new employees.

PROS

The interface. It is awesome and very user-friendly. The app is full of features that do not exist in another app. We used Loom, Cloudapp, but nothing comes to be so intuitive and well thought out as Hippo Video. The team, they are extremely responsive and fast to implement new features!

CONS

There is nothing to dislike, but improvement can be just a release of new awesome features for business world!

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2019

It's very powerful and I'm looking forward to implementing it more

Overall pretty good so far. Looking to see if it will replace another tool I'm using.

PROS

Lots and lots and lots of features. It's amazing the things Hippo Video can do. It has tools that allow a library of videos to be customized on the fly.

CONS

It's a bit complicated to get set up and running because of all the features. I'm still figuring out ways to use it most effectively.

still evaluating

Pocholo

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Used more than 2 years

HIPPO VIDEO FOR BEGINNERS

i want to learn more about hippo. please send me videos of how to use it and the finished videos

PROS

I actually don't maximize it yet but i guess i will use it now

CONS

nothing much so far i still don't know how this will help me

Sam