All Vadoo Reviews

Management Consulting, 11 - 50 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Move over big tech, this one is about to rock the video hosting and engagement world

Rahul

Reviewed June 2021

All-in-one video hosting on steroid, insanely easy to use and ultra fast (has enormous potential)

Vaddotv player is actually better than I expected when it comes to the fast video player, ease of use, and most important restriction on video download, it's an amazing service but still, it's a newborn baby but I can see they're improving and adding new feature fast. Anyway, I love vadooTV player.

PROS

Mainly I'm gonna use vadootv player to host my upcoming online courses, and so for that the most important features needed and this product have (I tested it internally by uploading sample videos to my site)are: first, it's so freaking fast (Love it). Second, I can protect videos by restricting users to download my videos (so IMP from me). Third, it's insanely easy to customize, use and embed on the site. These are the most important features was looking for as an online instructor and it has it all.

CONS

As of right now, I didn't find anything noticeable to dislike it, but there's the thing that can be better, at the end of every video needed an option to add a quiz, so once my students have finished the lessons they can test their knowledge with a quiz. Again it didn't need to be advanced but only a text quiz will do the trick.

Reasons for switching to Vadoo

Mainly because Vimeo pro offered a subscription of $20 per month on the annual bill. but I got this deal on a huge discount on app sumo. and I really love how fast Vadootv player is. and also because it's new, it's pretty hard to download videos because it's encrypted, dead-simple design and super affordable.

Javier

E-Learning, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2021

An indispensable tool for online trainers

The biggest benefit for me is being able to have all my videos hosted in one place, both the video lessons and the videos with marketing actions. And for a very competitive price. I really like the player. I think my students are going to really appreciate the possibilities of varying the playback speed or the buttons to go forward or backward.

PROS

It also allows you to activate calls to action within the video. The latter seems especially interesting for creators of online courses, since it opens the possibility of including questions or a quiz at the end of a video lesson. In addition to the usual calls to action of marketing actions. Using the platform is super easy an intuitive.

CONS

I think they should incorporate the GDPR as soon as possible. In Europe we cannot capture leads without this option. That is, we cannot use yet one of the most interesting features of VadooTv. On the other hand, it is not clear to me what will happen to 4K videos in the future. At the moment it is possible to upload 4K video, but it will play it at 1080p.

Reasons for switching to Vadoo

First by not having to pay every month. And secondly, because I love accompanying new companies in their growth.

Osama

Religious Institutions, 1 employee

Ambitious Video and Audio service

The price is very good and the main reason for using Vadoo.

PROS

Vadoo allows you to embed a video and audio player on your website. You can also make a custom webpage that shows your video. You can customize the colors and picture. It will download your videos directly from a youtube URL. Speed is very good.

CONS

Vadoo is still a work in progress. It is okay for personal use, but still needs some work for business use. The potential is there because they are actively working on the user interface and other features. Bulk editing is my biggest concern.

Price

Alex

Reviewed June 2021

Affordable video hosting alternative with bright future

I wanted a solution that would be marketing-oriented with in-video CTA's and without third-party ads running unexpectedly. Additionally, Vadoo is still affordable and I can use domain security and HSL encryption to prevent videos from unauthorized embedding or downloading.

PROS

I like the fact that Vadoo does not play third-party ads before, during or after the playback. Videos hosted on Vadoo are secured through HSL and they also use CDN to make the loading time faster. They provide a CNAME feature so you can use it with your own domain name. You can embed CTA's right in the video. What I really like is that the team behind Vadoo listens carefully to user feedback and they sometimes implement requested features very quickly. The roadmap of the product looks solid and promising.

CONS

The UI requires a revamp as it is a bit uncomfortable to work with it. Some bugs are still there, but the product is still under development. The analytics they provide is still limited. More advanced analytics would be great. Additionally, event tracking is still not there. Subtitles in different languages would be a great feature as the Vadoo users come from different countries. I do hope future updates and upgrades will solve all issues.

Reason for choosing Vadoo

Affordable pricing and features they outlined in their roadmap. Additionally, the Vadoo team listens carefully to their users and implements requested features.

Reasons for switching to Vadoo

No third-party ads, integrated marketing tools, promising roadmap.

Faaz

Reviewed September 2021

Best Vimeo Alternative

I'm happy using Vadoo as my video hosting. I've switched from vimeo for my video course. It has 122 videos and all are now hosted on vadoo. I haven't faced any issue yet.

PROS

What I like the most is that Vadoo team is constantly adding more features which makes it most cost effective feature rich video hosting.

CONS

As it's a new company, there are constantly releasing updates and making their system better. I don't like constant updates but it's just a matter of time as they've already released so many updates.

Reasons for switching to Vadoo

Vadoo is an underdog and has a small userbase. So they can easily add new features and experiment with cool features. Vadoo provides more feautres and more value for money.

Drs. Hans

Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2021

If you're a trainer, coach or thought leader, you need adfree, reliable delivery of your videos

When you pay for a course, you expect a good video. With good, I mean fast-loading, intuitive player, and a color scheme that fits the brand and/or page. Vadoo delivers on those points. Of course, you can upload a video to YouTube, make it private and embed it into an online course. But the announcement of YouTube that they may also serve ads on ALL YouTube content pushed me over the line: I need a reliable video delivery system. I once bought a lifetime deal for such a tool (Spotlightr), but in my opinion that product maybe has more possibilities (I don't use) but because of that more difficult to navigate and use. On that point, ease of use is Vadoo definitely the winner!

PROS

As a small business entrepreneur, I, unfortunately, have to do 'these kinds of things myself. So ease of use is very important to me. My current tool, Spotlightr (firmly know as VooPlayer) is very useful, but by far not as simple to use as Vadoo is. That saves me time because I have almost no learning curve. And if you're not a daily user of a tool, then it's also great that everything is and does what you expected to be/do.

CONS

I like the option to show your video in a 'sort of' bubble on a webpage. I was surprised that you do not get the original (rectangular) video when you click on it. I would also suggest that the area where the bubble video takes its content from is adjustable. Or ... how about using some Artificial Intelligence?

Reasons for switching to Vadoo

Ease of use and much bigger limits for my video storage.

Andrea

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Finally - A Great Video Hosting and Management Alternative for Small Business Owners

It's been fantastic. I can’t recommend this video hosting, delivery, and marketing tool enough. I’m very excited to add Vadoo.tv to our company technology stack.

PROS

The feature set is impressive, from generous storage, total videos, users, and projects, to white label and CNAME options, and incredibly fun and functional applications for websites, social, email, and more. Even better, their features are incredibly easy to use! Within MINUTES of subscribing, I had uploaded and imported two videos, popped them through on both Wordpress and Joomla websites, and displayed them as in-line videos, in buttons and as image popovers, did a social share, and emailed them. I still haven't figured out the "bubble" function, but I have high hopes.

CONS

I honestly haven't found any cons yet. It's intuitive, fast, and easy to use, and very affordable!

Reasons for switching to Vadoo

It was too complex for most of my team to use. So it always had to be routed to our most senior technical person. Not a great use of resources.

Jolene

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2021

Great multi-purpose video hosting solution for small blogger, educator, and coach

I am excited to create landing pages as a subdomain that host video collections for people who find my blog online and don't want to go to YouTube. I also love that I can create customer videos and host them easily. Since YT now adds advertising whether we want it or not, it's valuable to have video hosting without ads. ALSO, I am working on course creation and may need to embed videos hosted by VadooTV. It appears that I may be able to use this for podcast hosting in the future too, which is exciting as a solopreneur. To date I have tested some of the features and played around with learning how to use it. I would love some more case scenarios and training videos.

PROS

I love the number of features I get for video and audio hosting. Videos can be embedded on my site or emails, or I can create a landing page for a project full of videos. I can host videos without advertising, or add a personal CTA. I also love that I can whitelabel the video content (with a high enough plan) and customize the player. A couple features I was surprised to find include GIF creations and bubble videos. So grateful to have this video hosting solution!

CONS

In the help section, I would like to see more than a simple description. It would be helpful to have more information about CNAME set up, for example.

Reason for choosing Vadoo

Lifetime deal. CNAME options. Storage space. Option to host and embed videos, PLUS other great features that I believe I will use.

Filiberto

Logistics and Supply Chain, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed May 2022

Great video hosting with a solid player!

So long for advertising or related content in an embedded video. I am really pleased that I got the chance to get my hands on Vadoo. Is an excellent alternative for video hosting with a great quality video player

PROS

I have never liked embedding Youtube videos on my sites, because the visitors can get hooked on another content, and you will lose their attention. I have embedded a lot of content and everything works flawlessly. You can even decide to show your logo in the video or not. The uploading speed on the dashboard is excellent, and the player has all the features that I could have asked for!

CONS

So far all the scenarios that I've tried to accomplish are working for me, so to be honest I don't have any complaints about anything.

Reasons for switching to Vadoo

I was looking to get rid of the Youtube player on my site (and ads), so this was a perfect solution!

Great Alternative To Other Video Services

It allowed me a very affordable solution to video hosting that doesn't ruin my original content with ads and items that might draw my audience away.

PROS

This is a very nice alternative to Vimeo. Having Youtube was great but having my competitor's videos showing before my videos wasn't an option. With Vadoo, it's very simple to upload videos, and what's even better is you can import your videos you have established with YouTube and Vimeo. It was super easy, and within 10 minutes, I was importing the videos. After that, I assigned the task to my VA, and he was easily able to import the videos faster than I did. Side note it looks like the analytics will be a nice feature as I'm a numbers,

CONS

The project section is a little confusing, but Ill study that a little more. It seems like it might be something to upgrade to categorize out my videos for different clients or sites.

Reasons for switching to Vadoo

Cost, usability and having issues with the videos vanishing for no reason.

Ujjal

Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Solution for video recording and hosting with great potential

Using its full fledged video player with all necessary controls for my training videos. Using it to record training videos (screen) instead of camtasia and Loom, costing me less. If I wish I can move my Amazon hosted videos to vadoo server and save cost there. Will be using it on email marketing campaigns to include video links with gif preview. Benefits I have realised - bought the LTD from Appsumo and will now save monthly expenses.

PROS

I was looking for a nice video player with all the controls for hosting my training videos and vadoo.tv came at the right time with a lifetime deal. Things that I like: 1) The Vadoo team listens and responds to its customers and working hard to bring updates. A software is as good as the service behind it. These guys serve. Roadmap if they keep listening to public looks impressive. 2) Video player is nice looking, customizable, have all the necessary controls. Can be web embedded, email embedded, or shared through URL on a landing page. 3) Web app has inbuilt video recorder for screen share or camera recording, that replaces software's like Loom, although not quite there yet. There's also a Chrome recorder extension. 4) Comes with plenty of storage space which are hosted on Amazon S3. Users have option to use videos hosted elsewhere and use just the vadoo player for streaming. 5) Audio player also available. 6) Video requests can be sent e.g. to customers for review videos that directly uploads to the app. 7) Feature to protect unauthorized download. 8) Custom branding of email embeds, landing page and player. 9) CNAME for landing page on your own site (for certain plans)

CONS

It's a new software and the team is working toward making it better. Some of things I don't like at present (Jun 2021) are: 1) Chrome extension for recorder interface isn't fully developed yet and requires redesign. Videos recorded cannot be edited/trimmed before upload. Camera gets turned on when it should be disabled (screen share option). Looms works a lot better. But recording quality is good. 2) Videos can be recorded via the web app aren't 16:9 format, they are more square. This includes the request videos (customer reviews e.g.) 3) Vertical format video recordings not possible. 4) HD quality video playback for videos hosted on vadoo is not available on all plans. 5) CNAME option is not available on all plan. 6) User interface/menu is a little difficult to follow, but I am sure they will change it for better and make it more intuitive in future once more functionalities have been added. 7) Folder structure for videos are absent right now, it's in the roadmap. 8) Forms to capture leads are very basic and limited functionality 9) need more integrations with other software

Reasons for switching to Vadoo

Better video player, all in one solution, great potential

London

E-Learning, 1 employee

Great Video Hosting Tool with Great Value

PROS

I was eagerly waiting for a video hosting tool like this to finally say goodbye to YouTube! My plan is to migrate all my videos to the VadooTV platform and organize them in a tiered fashion for an eventual subscription model off my course-based website. Embedding videos on my website has always been my goal. The domain security and encryption features are an added bonus. Since the majority of the videos are courses, having videos load quickly is critical for avoiding subscription drop-offs. My main concern with YouTube has always been ad interruptions and suggestions of other videos, which could lead my customers astray. Having the ability to customize videos according to my company branding seals the deal for me. Managing all my projects on a single screen is made all the more easier with a very simple uncomplicated user interface. I was seriously considering Vimeo or Wistia before discovering VadooTV. Glad I did, as it’s much more cost effective with all the frills included – especially in the highest tier 5 that offers white label and CName. Just from the discussions and involvement from the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], I get the confidence that this product has a lot of potential for the future.

CONS

Right now no complaints. My only fear is that they don't stop improving the product - or worse, if they disappear! My feeling is that it's unlikely that would happen since the value for dollar is perfect for onboarding more users.

Reason for choosing Vadoo

Really the price proposition based on the feature rich platform of VadooTV, made it an easy choice.

Rafael

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2021

The Youtube for Marketers!

My experience has been amazing. Amazing upload and customization is easy

PROS

I think that the most important features for this app is the marketing options (calls-to-action and lead capture) and the custimization options! They're just amazing. These features are going to rocket your product.

CONS

I didn't find bugs in this apps, but there are things that could be better. In the lead capture they forgot to put the custom text so you can put "Name" in different languages, but I'm sure this is going to be a next step in their roadmap.

Reason for choosing Vadoo

Because of the Vadootv bandwidth, which is unlimited.

Reasons for switching to Vadoo

Because VadooTv offers marketing options, which are amazing.

Ed

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2021

A fresh new tool for marketers

I'm using this tool instead of Vimeo. Vimeo is great but it's geared towards enterprise customers. Also it's a bit pricey. As a marketer I just need small places to scatter my sales videos and call to action videos across different pages on my site. For me, this is a replacement of both Vimeo and Wistia (I've only used Wistia once though).

PROS

I like the fact that they offer Unlimited Bandwidth, and I hope it is valid forever. The streaming speed is fast, HLS encryption helps protect video from downloading using IDM. These are what I need, and other providers charge more expensive with bandwidth restrictions.

CONS

The only thing I didn't like was the way YouTube video import works, it's the same as the original YouTube player, it doesn't make sense to me and I hope [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] will re-evaluate how this import works.

Reason for choosing Vadoo

Easy to use and pocket friendly pricing. I'm a small company and I don't have huge video needs, so this just works for me.

Reasons for switching to Vadoo

I bought Vadootv on a specaila deal. That deal made all other options useless.

Ashiq

Unique and The best Video Hosting Platform

I use Vadoo for all the End-to-end video hosting. Either it might be a video course or VSL or video pitching, or explanatory video, vadoo helps me host all of these videos and operate from one platform at convenience. Its a treasure for me.

PROS

A ton of features. Check this out, - HLS Encryption - Full HD Spport - Whitelable - CDN - Speed - Eye catchy UI - CTA in between your videos - Collect details while playing videos - Seperate folder for each projects Imagine all such features at such a great affordable price. You can implement all these features in no time. Never regret it later, Just go for it. Its a must have tool

CONS

So far, there is nothing much. But here are a few which I felt it could be better, - Changing the video on the back end for the same front end URL - More interactive UI - Subfolder within project folders And the Vadoo team is already working on that.

Vadoo has HLS Encryption which Vimeo is missing

Jacques

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2021

Vadoo TV player a must have for every advertising or digital marketing agency

Vadoo TV is very easy to use and the onboarding process is simple but very effective. Having used various other competitors such as Vooplayer/SpotLightr and Publit.io I can say the overall experience with Vadoo TV is one of the best!

PROS

I have been searching a long time for a suitable video hosting platform that combines good delivery speeds with a reasonable amount of storage capacity. On top of that, with Vadoo TV I am getting a nice customizable player with cool options such as Call to Action (CTA) and Lead Generation forms. All of the current features and the regular updates that are being proposed almost weekly make me a happy customer!

CONS

The product is still young and there maybe some features missing, but I am confident that overtime this will all be fixed. E.g. I would love to see Video funnels as a future option.

Reasons for switching to Vadoo

The ease of use and overall value of Vadoo TV made me switch.

Manuel