Browse Spotlightr Reviews

Shade from Peacock Shades

A top-player in this space!

I've had a great experience using vooPlayer with my clients. Everyone loves the player!

Pros

Love that you can create really beautiful, customizable players! The feature-set is also amazing as the vooplayer teams actively seeks feeback and feature suggestions which they readily implement if it makes sense! They have weekly webinars where you can come with any questions you have about implementing anything and the webinar host shows you right then and there how to implement it.

Cons

The only thing I find a bit disconcerting is the buffering of some embedded videos while you play it. That's kind of annoying. I've heard it has something to do with the CDN (or lack thereof). Fingers crossed that this is fixed soon.

Reasons for Switching to Spotlightr

vooPlayer just seemed more modern and the rate of feature-implementation by vooPlayer was astounding and very commendable!

Benjamin from Ben Accinelli LLC

Industry: Photography

Amazing Video Hosting Platform

i learned about vooplayer about 4 years ago and after getting it, it was game-changing for what i do with video production and real estate phography. it allows for me to host videos without paying an outrageous amount per month. my website gets more traffic, i feel, because of it. i use vooplayer where i can on my site and not just for my content, but sharing videos from other sites like youtube and vimeo. it keeps the coding consistent on my site.

Pros

I love that I'm able to leverage my amazon aws account and host videos there and use vooplayer to provide the skin for my videos. I don't have to rely on a third-party platform to host my videos and pay a crazy subscription fee. vooplayer can even take youtube videos, linkedin videos, and facebook videos and wrap them with their skin and allow me to host that video wherever.

Cons

there's still a lot of user experience improvements that could be done with vooplayer, but overall, after knowing where to go and its limitations on what you can and cannot do, it's not that bad. there are some things like knowing which code to use on your site that will not mess with your site's code, but all of that is trial and error. once you figure it out, just create some step-by-step instructions for yourself to reference and you'll be golden.

Reasons for Switching to Spotlightr

Vimeo and Wistia were way too expensive with severe limitations. I didn't like that they nickeled and dimed be for everything and limited the amount of content i could upload. Vooplayer allows for me to use my own servers, too, without limitation and makes video hosting so easy as a small business owner.

Daniel from We & Goliath

very slow to load

Pros

lots of features. great idea in theory. excellent lifetime pricing deal offered occasionally

Cons

After clicking Play, the videos take 4-6 seconds to start playing! This happens whether I upload the video directly to Vooplayer, or use it as a skin for a YouTube player. This is a confusing and terrible user experience and makes the software unusable for me as it stands. Very much hoping they fix this, as it seems pretty great otherwise. Also, small gripes - it's not clear which setting changes create a change in the embed code and require updating. - after editing a video, they don't just give you the embed code. you have to go back to the My Videos page, select the video and then copy the embed code from there. Would be much better to give me a one click to copy embed code button after making edits to the settings.

Reasons for Switching to Spotlightr

Wistia is too expensive, and their free version only allows 3 videos per account

Can't find a comparable alternative

vooPlayer was one of the smartest investments for my business. Video marketing is essential in today's digital landscape, and with its low-cost, premium-featureset, vooPlayer is positioned to be the ideal choice for any small business trying to compete for audience attention. Do yourself a favor and give it a free trial to see if it's right for you. Can always use an alternative service if not.

Pros

vooPlayer offers the best security if you want to protect your videos. They use HLS encryption (which unlike other video providers) prevents unwanted downloading and external sharing. Even pricier video hosting providers can't compete with this. I also love the feature-set offered for the "Startup" plan. You get what I believe are Enterprise-grade options for a lower price than Vimeo Pro.

Cons

Because there's so many options, I sometimes get confused with the UI. Also, I'd love to setup a default template for ALL settings, and tweak on a video-per-video basis. This is possible with some settings, but not all. Additionally, sometimes a video will glitch during playback, but have only encountered this a few times in many playbacks.

Reasons for Choosing Spotlightr

Wistia is too expensive, and doesn't allow hosting videos on YouTube or Vimeo like vooPlayer. Additionally, vooPlayer strips the burdensome analytics codes employed by YT and Vimeo (which slows down website load time).

Reasons for Switching to Spotlightr

I didn't like the password protection system employed by Vimeo, nor the lack of extensive features without doubling the monthly fees.

A great service for anyone who uses video

It is proving to be a very valuable tool for my business and I would highly recommend it to anyone with a website who makes good use of video. This will help you to take that professionalism to the next level.

Pros

From top to bottom this a fabulously versatile tool. It doesn't matter whether you are using your own videos hosted with Vooplayer or simply using Vooplayer as a pass-through tool for video reporting and the ability to skin the likes of Youtube videos to your liking. For example, it is easy enough for anyone to embed a Youtube video on their site without much expertise, but the problem is it looks and behaves like a Youtube video. Vooplayer on the other and can take the Youtube url for the video, all you to tweak lots of display settings, and then display it beautifully on your site so it looks just like you are hosting the video and not Youtube. In addition to all the video player related stuff, Vooplayer also provides some great reports that will really help you to see what is being watched and what isn't. And we are not just talking the number of times a video has been watched, but things like which bits of the video were skipped. Very cool.

Cons

There are some quirks to the userinterface such as the way folders work, but other than that this is a very mature and robust service backed by a great support team.

The ROI is great!

Great experience, vooplayer is essential to my business today!

Pros

I can't recommend it enough. For anybody that works with video and want to sell more, this is for you! My favorite tools are the CTAs and metrics for the videos!

Cons

Some features are limited to the basic plans... but nothing that can cut you down.

Matthias from Eigener Herr mit Matthias Schwehm Persönlichkeitstraining

Many great features, great support, unique opportunities to gain new customers

Many more customers. :-)

Pros

VooPlayer is full of unique features f. ex. to gain new customers, to make a/b-testing, to set up complete video funnel and much, much more. The opportunity to change the completely "outfit" to match your CI is great as well.

Cons

It took me quite some time till I was able to use this tool in my sense. But that is not really the fault of the company. If you are willing to invest enough learning time this tool may change your whole business. (Yes, that's my experience).

Shannon from Conversion Dojo

Perfect Tool For Turning Videos Into Conversion Tools

Love it. If you are a video creator, saves you a ton of time and gives you lots of marketing options for your videos.

Pros

Instead of having to upload videos to Youtube and to anoth platform for my ebsite, I can use Vooplayer and just use Youtube. For ym website it customizes the player and removes the annoying end of vidoe suggestions but I still get the view credits for Youtube. You can also add email optins, custom messaging and get loads of stats for each video.

Cons

If you are a heavy video creator you will hit their storage limits fast unless on a premium plan but you can use Youtube and Vimeo videos all day long as they do not count for storage.

yunusa from Olam Nigeria Ltd

one of the best video player

I can use it to customize my videos and I dont think I've seen a better software that enables me to do all these

Pros

Vooplayer is one of the best media tool on the internet. you can use it to customize youtube videos or any other video service. you can also use it to host secure and private videos. Not only that, you can monitor analytics on how the media is performing. Its a Great service for people who really works with media.

Cons

the software doesn't come cheaply, not everybody will want to spend much to get it. More features could be added to it while reducing the software lags during usage.

Gary from 3Bug Media

Perfect For Embedding Video On Your Website

Been using it for about a year and it's my go-to app for embedding video on my website. Aside form being able to add call to actions, you can customize your player so it looks great on your website, even with Youtube videos.

Pros

Vooplayer is very easy to use and had a nice, easy to understand interface. You also have the option of uploading video to Vooplayer and have them host it or use a link from Youtube, Vimeo and other video platforms.

Cons

I wish there was more storage. You are currently given a total allotment of storage, would be better if you had a monthly allootment that resets each month, like how Vimeo does it.

Ale from Somos Mamás

Vooplayer is a really good alternative for wistia.

Customize the video experience, branding the player and use marketing on video

Pros

Vooplayer is a really good tool for marketer and media who need to get on the next level with videos. You can use it with other people video content or get secure and private videos. With Vooplayer you can - Customize youtube videos or other video service - remove ads from players - host secure and private videos - Add marketing tools on video like lead captures - view analytics - player's branding. - add to calls Hosting video? No, i choose it because the players customization, branding and marketing tools One of the best video players on the market

Cons

They need to offert more features and improve the speed. They pricing is not expensive but should be more accesible. They try to focus on hosting videos but most of the people pass on that, because youtube is insanly fast, you dont have limits and also people can find your videos so is an extra exposure The solution for host videos is good if you wanna keep private, but most of the people pick other solutions. On the player personalization is good but should be amazing. They should offert more config and extras. Also, they dont support amp

Brent from Rocket Grove Creative Studios

Reasonably priced video marketing host

vooPlayer is at the core of the online courses I've been building in one of my businesses. It allows me to securely host the videos, and also get my marketing message across to users and engage them further for my business.

Pros

vooPlayer is built around more than just serving videos to users. It's built around those who want to market their videos, or sell them. There are features designed to gather leads, upsell other products, etc. And the interface is relatively easy to use, if not a bit scattered at times. I also love that you can add most of the features to videos hosted elsewhere, like Youtube.

Cons

Storage limits are a bit restricting, and if you don't purchase a plan with their turbo bandwidth, the videos you host on the vooPlayer servers can be a little slower. Video hosting of this kind isn't cheap, and vooPlayer is still one of the more reasonably priced options out there. But it would be nice to have slightly higher limits as the core limits are pretty low.

Cloud storage for the Entrepreneur

Excellent experience with vooPlayer. I use it for my website as well as my social posts.

Pros

This is a fantastic cloud storage for videos. You can use links for embed codes. Also, you can customize your thumbnail and see your statistics.

Cons

The initial load time can be a bit slow if your internet connection is not strong.

Raul from Nammu - Comercio Electrónico

An impressive player

I use it and and I am happy with it. It has been difficult for me to find a good video player that looks professional, it is easy to use and fast enough. I have tried with four before (including Youtube, where I did not like the advertising). And it addition I can AB test videos in lading pages or blog posts to keep improving.

Pros

I like how nice, customizable and how much accurate feedback can give the player. I use in conjunction with other tools like publit.io to host the videos, also could be done on youtube. And I am happy with the result. The player offers very good statistics about the videos (from visits to know average time watched, when people stop watching, AB testing,...). Tons of features that I would only expect on very expensive tools, here I could get included. It looks ideal for video marketers.

Cons

I am very obsessed with the speed. As I am afraid to send people to a page that can be buffering or not loading fast. First time that I installed I was unhappy with speed. But now the player has a new look and I think loads faster.

Great Video Player

I'm very pleased with VooPlayer. I am able to host videos while having my video players properly branded.

Pros

VooPlayer allows you to not have to depend on Youtube or Vimeo to host your videos. You can host videos using different cloud storage providers like CloudApp, Dropbox, and Google Drive. This is great if you hesitate to store your videos on Youtube or Vimeo. VooPlayer also has many video player customization features. You can make your video player look really professional while adding things like Call-to-Actions to encourage people to visit a certain site you want them to visit.

Cons

Sometimes the video player can be bit buggy. I've had to contact support a few times to report about the bugs. In my experience, they've been responsive in trying to fix the issues.

Great view for video marketing

upload my video and track my view analytics

Pros

good features with video customisation for marketing,fast and secure way to host the video any way from the cloud

Cons

Hosting fees are little high and the support team should me more active to support at any time ,overall good way for your business marketing

Moshe from Shazak

Amazing tool! After so much searching...

see above

Pros

I love the ease of use and the every expanding capabilities I keep on learning new wonderful features and it has really benefited my website e-learning experience. I investigated and subscribed to other platforms such as Vimeo and Spollightr is miles ahead. The support can not be surpassed. BOTTOM LINE: I LOVE IT!

Cons

I can't think of anything offhand, but the more I use it... perhaps... :)

see above

I'd give Vooplayer twenty stars if I could

Vooplayer allows me to use video marketing in the most robust and flexible way possible.

Pros

Vooplayer is THE go to video cloud tool. It does more things than all the others combined. Overlays, automation, CRM connection, personalization. It does all these things. I have used all the others, and they are good, but Vooplayer takes it to the next level. Especially for a marketer that needs to have flexibility above all else. I highly recommend Vooplayer

Cons

The UX could be improved a bit. It's a little bit clunky and a little bit slow.

Highly customisable playing options, granular analytics

I need to collect email before seeing a training video that is gated, and then see who watched my video and how much. Vooplayer allows me to do that perfectly.

Pros

The analytics and support are standout features for me. VooPlayer shows me how engaging my videos are, who is most interested in them, and how I should spend my time in following up leads and what to include in future videos.

Cons

Some tricky following a couple of the support documents, but the support through the chat was outstanding and helped me achieve exactly how I wanted my setup to be.

Thomas from Tom Schuller

Great and easy to use video player for your website

I play slideshows of my clients with it.

Pros

I really like how fast it is to set everything up. Once you have customized the colours of the player to your brand you can easily copy them to the next video you upload. It is also great that VooPlayer integrates with pCloud. This way I can host the videos on pCloud without them needing space on the VooPlayer storage.

Cons

I had an issue with the player on mobile iOS devices. Needed to fiddle around a little bit until I found the right settings for compatibility.

Luis from KSE Academy

Protect your videos with VooPlayer

My experience with VooPlayer has thus far been great. I love how you can customise the player and add different CTAs.

Pros

With VooPlayer you can store your videos and, from there, do many other things. One of my favourite features is to password protect them. Therefore, only people with the password can view them. Also, you can add CTAs and you can import videos from YouTube.

Cons

What I like least is that I seem to be having trouble embedding some of the videos onto my WordPress site.

Melvin from Dynamic Presence

A Must for Any Video Marketer

Positive

Pros

Not just a mere video hosting platform. Is a video marketer tool to convert. Fast video import from Vimeo, Youtube and Wistia. Comprehensive analytics for media tracking and performance monitoring. Can potentially increase site conversion for seasoned marketers.

Cons

Pretty pricey but totally understand any Saas that deals with video hosting and marketing has high upkeeps.

Dustin from DFT (a number of local companies under one umbrella)

If you do video marketing or social media this is a great addition

Friendly team when chatting with them on Facebook.

Pros

Love being able to customize my player and add a call to action to my social videos. Really appreciate the ability to import external videos and not use your storage space.

Cons

Would love a quicker way to work with vooplayer, an app or chrome extension would be nice.

Cuong from Loc Phat CO., LTD

Industry: Individual & Family Services

The best video protect app

Pros

vooPlayer help me prevent video download from the internet. Just using its hosting or combining with Amazon S3 (encryption). Moreover, it has the domain whitelist function support. Even screen record is useless if I disable full-screen function in vooPlayer. I have unlimited storage when I host my videos in Amazon S3 that is awesome. It's must-have for any coaches and content marketer.

Cons

The vooPlayer hosting is expensive with 50GB only for Enterprise Plan. Sometimes, it's crash when uploading videos.

Wow! Creative freedom, content security, analytics, marketing tools... All in One

Pros

Hybrid video hosting. It's great to be able to host videos on YouTube, ad-free, and present them on my website with a fully customizable and interactive video player. YouTube still counts views: win-win.

Cons

Hosting fees are high, thus my reliance on their (much appreciated!) hybrid hosting options. Were those prices to drop, I'd consider hosting the videos for my online courses directly with vooPlayer.

Powerful video lead management software

I am able to quickly embed a video to my website with the branding and features that I want my users to experience.

Pros

I like the fact that I can host my video files on my own storage and then import to Vooplayer to give users the exact display experience that I want.

Cons

The interface has a lot to be desired. They can put some attention to the UX and UI experience as well as their help documentation.

Ari Eko from SME-Institute.ID

a must have for video and education geek

Pros

basically vooplayer is video hosting service but their feature is above beyond that. i like they can warping youtube very nice with their player. we have more control with our video

Cons

sometimes it is very slow, maybe because spike of user registration recently because their promo.

Love youtube but want to remove the ads and related videos?

Pros

Super easy to embed youtube videos without the youtube branding, ads or related videos - A must for businesses. Plus they offer fast cdn based cloud hosting for videos, stats, a/b testing and more,

Cons

Not much to say here, really happy with my plan

Griffin from ReviewSpreader

Simple Video Player

Pros

VooPlayer is cutting edge when it comes to video analytics. The marketing tools within are unlike any other software available.

Cons

Some of the video load times can be slow, but that could be a user error and something I haven't tweaked in the settings.

Customized videos on your site

It's a good tool, does what it says it does, I just don't like the plethora of pay-walls for some of the cooler features. At least make it a little more affordable.

Pros

You don't need to embed Youtube videos on your site anymore. You can just upload them to Vooplayer, customize the play button, etc, and you'll have essentially a "white label" video on your site.

Cons

There are so many pay-walls to this. I got the AppSumo deal and it's great for what it does. But there are so many limitations because they want you to upgrade. And it's really expensive for how much I actually use it.

Elisa from eStudios

Impressive Hosting

Pros

It is great that you can customize buttons and backgrounds. It is a great alternative to youtube if you don't want distracting popups or ads.

Cons

I haven't found too much that I don't like about this!

Esther from Shining Star Studios

Industry: Photography

Control and track your video skins and playback

I love this player for the fact I can refer clients to watch a video on my website without them being distracted by YouTube branding and suggestions. Keeps people on my site longer.

Pros

I can remove all the YouTube branding and customize the way the player looks right on my website. My client doesn't get stuck going down a video rabbit hole after they watch the video on my page bc mond of the YouTube suggestions are shown.

Cons

I don't have enough storage for long videos and fast playback and more storage come at a premium.

Cedric from Web Tonic - Agence Marketing SEO et PPC

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Great value for money

Pros

- Multiple functions available and to personalize

Cons

The interface is not really user-friendly

Nefer from Self-Employed

Less Expensive Alternative to Wistia

VooPlayer is a great way to convert your visitors with video content and match the look and feel of your brand.

Pros

Lots of options to customize your video player, from design to functionality.

Cons

The structure of how the videos are organized could be improved.