All Malwarebytes for Business Reviews

Aaron

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2019

Your Quiet Partner in Cybersecurity

Scanning and cleaning for potential malware and other baddies is a breeze with Malwarebytes. When I first began using it years ago to clean viruses from PC's I was impressed by its ability to live up to its claims. Price has not increased measurably making it a great value for what the added peace of mind it offers. As an added perk, I enjoy the periodic e-newsletters the company puts out that provide additional insights on cybersecurity in general.

PROS

Works efficiently behind the scenes. Scans do not seem to rob your PC of valuable system resources. Exceptional at spotlighting potential cybersecurity issues. Reliable. Automatically updates. The price is absolutely right - especially with a multi-year subscription.

CONS

Occasionally mistakenly flags items from Gmail or Google - if quarantined or deleted while still in-use, your app will crash and you must reload.

Reason for choosing Malwarebytes for Business

Malwarebytes' reputation is very good and reviews by other users were mostly sterling. It is a streamlined product and doesn't bother users with marketing spam.

Reasons for switching to Malwarebytes for Business

AVG turned out to be very clunky. A resource hog.

Petr

Wholesale, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Fast malware antivirus

I have been using the program for about 6 years, when our existing Avast antivirus was unable to remove some types of malware. The software is user-friendly for me,, it is very easy to use.

PROS

Scanning runs extremely fast (test takes less than three minutes) and a nice chain link shows you exactly where the center of the file scan process is. The antivirus scanner provides a comprehensive scheduling tool for scanning control. Immediate popup notifications allow you to make quick decisions, and the program itself will offer what to do with the threat.

CONS

The program did not offer enough anti-virus tools before, which has changed since the last version and I have nothing to complain about.

product price

Reasons for switching to Malwarebytes for Business

Avast has failed to remove some types of malware.

Robert

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

MALWAREBYTES works well

PROS

We have always been happy with Malwarebytes it works well

CONS

This slows down our machines a lot more than Microsoft defender

Reasons for switching to Malwarebytes for Business

it works better and was recommended

Scott

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2017

Great overall protection but too many sacrifices

PROS

There's no doubt that MalwareBytes AntiMalware has been one of the best solutions for removing and preventing malware and spyware on computers. I've been using them for years as a PC Technician, and their utilities have always been a staple in my technician toolbox (flash drive) to repair systems and keep them healthy. The current version of the program, version 3, is much easier to use than ever before and has tons of great features and abilities - and of course, it removes and prevents all kinds of malware just as it always has.

CONS

I was a HUGE fine of prior versions of this software, but the newer version 3 has seen my faith shaken. While the program is still great at removing malware, the realtime aspect of the program is plagued by performance issues. Even using the program in freeware mode without the realtime scanner active, it was still commonplace for me to see active memory usage exceed 500MB routinely. When using the realtime scanner aspect of the premium version, usage would hover around 200MB for a while but eventually, it would balloon out of control to the point where it would consistently use over 700MB at a time until you closed it or rebooted, which would restart the cycle. I found the only way to stop this was to basically shut it down entirely and disable the services, using it as an on-demand scanner only. Because of this, I have stopped recommending it. Simply put - the program is GREAT at detecting and removing threats, however, it has become a resource hog to the point where the system becomes crippled when running the premium version.

Bruno

Industrial Automation, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Good threat detection software for your company

The company remains secure when receiving and sending data, which is why our customers trust us.

PROS

The software helps me keep my company virus-free. I really like it because it scans PCs in real time and blocks any suspicious threats. I feel safe when browsing the Internet and when sending and receiving data from third parties. And their purchase price is good for all the service they offer.

CONS

Its free version may not offer you much and you may not decide to buy it, but its premium version is very good. Personally I liked it a lot.

Sujata

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Security is Important!

Malwarebytes is an important anti-malware/anti-virus software that provides real time protection and resolves the data loss threat in a prompt manner. Our network is safer and this software is reliable to find and eliminate the threat effectively.

PROS

Ever since we started Malwarebytes, our network security has been doubled and have had very minimal malware and virus threats. As we need to download various resources from the internet and also send many files to our clients so Malwarebytes scans all the files and ensures they are not infected with malwares. This helps us to maintain our credibility to our clients and keeps our business running smoothly.

CONS

Just the pricing could be reduced a little but that does not hide the fact that the paid version provides an extra layer of security to your server and network so paid version is worth it.

Reasons for switching to Malwarebytes for Business

Malwarebytes is more reliable and Avira has many ads popping out once in a while so we made a switch.

ma

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2023

am a techie and i used almost every tool in my regular job to my existing customers,

Am very much impressed with this software as myself being a techie I know we need software that can run up to our expectations I personally give 5 stars to this software.

PROS

I found this malware byte most accurate and most important it removed the preinstalled software which actually stuck in your pc and sat for a very long time and slowing down your pc.This is one of the best software with high accuracy and with less space. I personally recommended this use for a slow pc and threat deduction.

CONS

For business, it's very useful kinda easy to use and it takes less space and is easy to install, and will not give you much trouble it will run on its own.

Reasons for switching to Malwarebytes for Business

Norton is very large and heavy software which will slow down the PC and all the processes.

Ian

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Great Security Software

The anti-virus software has exceeded security expectations for years. We are very happy with this product.

PROS

This does a great job of protecting our devices against the latest threats. The features and options allow us to configure it to specific needs.

CONS

The software does not detect all threats. We have to pay for more advanced features.

Reason for choosing Malwarebytes for Business

We like the support and sales team for Malwarebytes. They were a pleasure to deal and work with.

Maor

Airlines/Aviation, 201-500 employees

MB review

GoodToo expensive- can be imporove

PROS

I like the visualityWorks fast and smooth

CONS

Too expensive as an EDR platformNeed to be more availvble to lower companies and mid Companies pricing value

Reasons for switching to Malwarebytes for Business

Better offerMore option to be use

Nicholas

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Malwarebytes was my go to solution for scrubbing and cleaning infected systems.

PROS

Malwarebytes was my go to solution for scrubbing and cleaning infected systems. when ever i had a client bring in an problematic / infected machine, i could trust Malwarebytes to scan and scrub and effectively clean up the machine. its a great product.

CONS

I never experienced any issues. id happy recommend the product.

Reasons for switching to Malwarebytes for Business

Malwarebytes performed better and did the job. i could trust it.

jeramie

Arts and Crafts, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed September 2023

I've used the home version and this did not disappoint!

PROS

It simply does what it needs to do without adding a bunch of extra features that bog down the computer or add unwanted steps to logging in. It scans for threats and when it finds them, it can eliminate them. It was especially good at malware and spam type issues. It's simple and not overly complicated

CONS

There a better more sophisticated protection systems out there. This one has its place. You just need to understand what you are getting and what you are trying to accomplish. For what it does its great, but it has limitations in overall cyber-security protection.

Oguzhan

Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Powerful Protection with Malwarebytes

Our experience with Malwarebytes for Business has been highly positive. It offers effective malware protection without major disruptions, though some areas could be improved.

PROS

Malwarebytes for Business provides exceptional threat detection and removal, ensuring strong cybersecurity. Its user-friendly interface and easy deployment make it a valuable tool for organizations.

CONS

The reporting and logging functionalities could be more advanced. Except that Malwarebytes quite nice choice in the market

Reasons for switching to Malwarebytes for Business

Its seamless integration and centralized management add further value compared to alternatives.

Ryan

Construction, 1,001-5,000 employees

Best IT Security platform

PROS

I have used other platforms for things like VPN protection and virus protection but this is easily the best one that I have used. Very seamless.

CONS

If I'm being honest, I would enjoy it more if it was free.

Jeffrey

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Free version user for years but very impressed by the paid version!

I used the free version of Malwarebytes for years. Several years ago I received a great deal on the first year of the paid version. I was so impressed that I have continued to use the paid version even at the full price and I almost never pay full price for anything. However, this software is worth it.

PROS

Malwarebytes is very impressive. It catches threats and detects vulnerabilities.

CONS

Nothing. I found no weak points in the software.

Reason for choosing Malwarebytes for Business

I found it simple to implement for the average user. But it was still very effective.

Justin

Entertainment, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2020

Say goodbye to malicious computer threats with Malwarebytes

Malwarebytes has provided me with a great, easy way to keep my computer running smoothly and quickly. I highly recommend the product.

PROS

The thing I like the most about Malwarebytes is that it is very simple and safe to use, from the new user to the seasoned programmer, Malwarebytes is the go-to tool for you.

CONS

What I find least appealing is the fact that the app is not always submitted to the same standards as other anti malware applications when it comes to handling "zero day" applications. This, however, should not dissuade anyone from using this great product.

Reason for choosing Malwarebytes for Business

Malwarebytes has never failed to fix any problem that I may encounter, so switching was never a real consideration.

Lindsay

Computer Software, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2020

Unintrusive powerful software to secure your computer

Always up to date to remove the latest intrusions. Honor their lifetime update policy. Easy to use and very reliable. No overheads with performance issues when installed. A must product in all computers.

PROS

I bought the full version of Malwarebytes years ago and It has protected me in every way. As a computer consultant to many small companies and individuals, I install Malwarebytes in every computer I work on. The free version does everything except give you real time protection. When somone calls about ransomware or other threatening intrusions, I simply say start Malwarebytes, let it update and scan. That's it the problem is gone.

CONS

I bought mine when one small payment gave me a lifetime update version. It is still recognized years later. The one apsect that disappointing is their change over to a yearly subscription but then business is business. For critical users, I get them to subscibe.

Reason for choosing Malwarebytes for Business

Reliable, easy to use, does not affect performance, always up to date.

Reasons for switching to Malwarebytes for Business

AVG decided to do too much and slowed down every computer it was installed in.

mike

Military, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Increasing Cybersecurity Defenses

Malwarebytes performs exactly as I expected. There was a minimal learning curve and the software updates automatically on regular basis. The layout of the dashboard makes it easy to interpret scan findings. I would recommend this platform to anyone who is looking to secure their computer.

PROS

Malwarebytes was extremely easy to download and install which is a major consideration for any IT Administrator. There is not much to configure, but the settings were intuitive and each workstation took only a few minutes to complete.

CONS

In the rare case where malware is found, but is unable to be removed, it would be nice to get some direction on additional alternatives. The scan displays the name and location of the file. A description link would be helpful. The way it works now I have to go to a search engine and figure that out myself.

Reason for choosing Malwarebytes for Business

I have used Malwarebytes before and found it to be a solid tool in defending against all forms of attacks. The software has a good reputation in the industry. The learning curve was negligible which was a factor in this decision.

Pam

Airlines/Aviation, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Malwarebytes For Home

We have been able to meet our customers expectations of having a secure network in which to hold their proprietary data.

PROS

It's great for Home Use. Simple updates, good security coverage.

CONS

For Enterprise the deployment was a little sketch behind our enterprise firewalls. It seems to need full access to the Internet to behave consistently.

Price, and reliability.

Reasons for switching to Malwarebytes for Business

Bitdefender's offering for enterprise was not functional at all. We kept getting infected.

Automotive, 2-10 employees