All ServiceTitan Reviews

Service Titan

Brandi

Reviewed October 2023

The only CRM you need!

PROS

It does everything you need in one program!

CONS

I wish there were not so many add-ons that cost extra.

Reasons for switching to ServiceTitan

More functionality, better support, reporting features

Thank you so much for leaving us this review, Brandi! We appreciate the kind words and we are honored to have played a part in your business journey.

Replied November 2023

Molly

Utilities, 11-50 employees

ST all around.

Overall its good, definitely really great aspects of the service and then items that need attention.

PROS

We like the visibility you get with ST, you can easily locate your technician whether he is driving or working at a customers home.

CONS

The Support really needs help, I can tell you of maybe 3 times support was able to resolve and issue. All the other times it had to be sent to a more senior support staff to resolve. I am currently still waiting on a resolution from a case opened 1/30/24!

Thanks for the review, Molly! We appreciate the feedback about support and our team is actively working to improve the support experience. I apologize for the long wait time and will speak with your team to see if there's anything we can do to urge it along.

Spencer

Reviewed June 2017

I was told that we we need to revise our business model. WHAT?!

Stay away if you are a person who values customer service and being treated with respect. After all you pay their wages.

PROS

Lots of features. Some Useless, some not. I can see how the features would work for other companies but for us we ended up turning off a good amount of them as they added a lot of unnecessary steps. They do have good invoicing and job scheduling.

CONS

The reason I even decided to write this review (I never write reviews) is because we had subscribed to the Service Titan software and had a pretty good time using it. It seemed to really help us. We got on board with them about a year after they started up. So they were able to work out some bugs in their software and make it at least sustainable. However, they started to do update after update after update. With these updates we got thrown into their "beta testing" without even getting our consent first. We were doing something one way and then they would introduce a new "feature" and it would completely derail our entire process and we would have to start from square one. This happened repeatedly. My second issue with this company is that the designate each company that subscribes to their service what they call a "Success Manager". Which is cool and all but when the success manager knows less about their own software then you do, that's a problem to me. On top of that, the Success Managers we were assigned were rude. The first one was so rude that I requested another because I thought that every time I would talk to this person I would lose my freaking temper and say things that shouldn't be said. So now we get a second Success Manager, which we thought was going to make everything better. Nope. We get this new Success Manager and I mention to her that we have been having an issue with our payroll being reported correctly through Service Titan and we had to do our payroll calculations through an outside software, which wasn't a big deal, it was just an extra step we were trying to avoid. After emailing back and forth and being on phone calls multiple times trying to figure out something that is incredibly simple but they couldn't seem to get their software to do the math, I receive one final phone call. The Success Manager states that she has the answer and all of our payroll problems were solved. Definitely not. She brought us down the completely wrong path and when I told her that isn't what we were trying to do we wanted it done a different way, if possible, her response is, "Well typically companies don't operate their business that way so maybe you should consider restructuring your business model." WHAT?!?! are you kidding me? We have been in business for 60 years and you are going to tell me that because YOU can't figure something out, something that is beyond simple math wise you just have to tell the software to do it for us, that we have to reevaluate our entire business model??? The least she could have done is said something like, "I don't believe our software will do that but let me see what I can do." At least that would have shown some promise. That is just the tip of the iceberg but after the multitude of issues we have had with them trying to figure out minor problems and being told, "too bad so sad", I had to write a review. I don't want anyone else to experience what we experienced. We are paying for their wages and they continuously seem like they are trying to get us to cancel. I may be difficult at times and I am completely aware of that, but for things like that to be said regardless of how difficult anyone may be is absolutely ridiculous.

Pamela

Construction, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2024

User Experience

It's been a game changer for us. We use a few of their pro products from marketing to vehicle tracking. We can see at any given moment how the business is performing operationally.

PROS

Payment processing is very valuable. So much time is saved by customers going online to make payments and not tie up anyone on the phone. Our technicians can easily take cards and mobile capture checks in the field for next day depositing.

CONS

Construction estimating and some other features that go along with this are not where they need to be yet, but they are working on enhancements all the time.

Reasons for switching to ServiceTitan

Our old system was so antiquated and we were lagging in the industry as a result of it.

Thank you so much for this wonderful review, Pam! We are thrilled to hear you find payment processing valuable and that ServiceTitan has saved you time.

Replied February 2024

Krista

Reviewed April 2024

Gulfshore Air Review of Service Titan

PROS

Love the quarterly updates, support from the community groups to solve problems and propose feature updates.

CONS

Support with onboarding, and support after when using the product.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, Krista! We are thrilled to hear you like the quarterly updates and our Titan Community. We will be sure to share your feedback around our onboarding and support functions.

Emily

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

Great software overall

PROS

The built-in training from the knowledge base and academy are super helpful in onboarding new employees. The release notifications that highlight new features. The Blue Collar Nerd and his helpful videos. The community to promote ideas and to see them get implemented. The online communities on Facebook to connect with other people who share your job responsibilities. And of course, Pantheon :)

CONS

Ideas take a long time to turn into new features. The system will randomly crash and there's a delay in communication for when the functionality will be restored. The certified admin course is a bit like reading the dictionary to take a spelling test. Some features aren't where you think they'll be and there are "hidden" settings that can make large impacts.

Thank you for this review, Emily! We definitely agree with all the pros you mentioned and hope we'll be seeing you at Pantheon this year! We will take your feedback around new features and functionality to our internal teams.

Ryan

A Powerful Tool, and You'll Pay for It

I'm glad to be past the implementation stage. Due to the cost of their add-on components, I am open to looking at other solutions, but it would take a lot for me to propose a change.

PROS

As a cloud-based software platform designed for trades businesses, I really appreciate ServiceTitan's comprehensive solution, seamless integration, and industry support. It’s been a game-changer for managing our operations and improving customer experiences.

CONS

This is an expensive solution with a steep learning curve. Reporting is okay, but if you're looking for trends, good luck. Also, once you're set up, you'll want additional functionality, which ServiceTitan is happy to provide, at a significant additional cost.

Reason for choosing ServiceTitan

We did not consider any alternative products.

Thank you for your review, Ryan! We're thrilled to hear that you find that ServiceTitan has been a game-changer for your operations. We are always looking to improve and will take your feedback to our team.

Peter

Consumer Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2024

ServiceTitan- the Full Featured Software Solution

We have had a great experience with ServiceTitan. They are willing to listen to their customers in terms of suggestions to improve the product. Support has been responsive and knowledgeable. We appreciate the forward-thinking approach of ServiceTitan's software development. They are constantly releasing version upgrades designed to enhance the product.

PROS

1. The seamless workflow from the initial customer call to scheduling, dispatching, field management, payment processing, accounting resolution. 2. API integration available to other software systems; 3. ServiceTitan Pro products offerings (including marketing tools).

CONS

Migration from previous field management and accounting systems can be a bit tedious.

Reasons for switching to ServiceTitan

We had concerns regarding the realization of an ROI on our previous software.

Thank you for this wonderful review, Peter! It is our goal to make using our software as seamless as possible and are thrilled to hear it has helped streamline your business.

Kristofer

Automating The Service Industry

Our over all experience is a 4/5. The product is good, but we feel like once you got our money there wasn't much more help, we had to learn on our own.

PROS

We love how ServiceTitan assists with automating our insulation, heating and cooling company. Helps us streamline so many jobs and not miss out on potential revenue.

CONS

The training and implementation was lacking. We also do not like getting tossed from CST to CST. We want one person not a line of them.

Thanks for the review, Kristofer! Streamlining your jobs and helping add revenue is exactly what we like to hear. We will be sure to share your feedback about implementation and training with our head of onboarding.

Stephania

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

VERY PLEASE USER

Service Titan has made my over all workday more Perficient.

PROS

They fact the program is very user friendly.

CONS

There is nothing not to like about the program

Thank you so much for this review, Stephania! We are glad to hear you're enjoying your ServiceTitan experience.

Haley

Reviewed March 2020

Great product - not right for us.

Overall, it is a great program and has a lot of functionality that is beneficial. For our company, it came down to the cost and amenities we were receiving for that cost. Support lacked (when we used the software) and we ran into issues a lot without feeling like we had the support to help us resolve the issues. Between this and cost - it drove us to find another software platform.

PROS

I loved the capabilities ServiceTitan gave us for communicating with customers, the ease of scheduling and dispatching, tracking of maintenance agreements, etc. Overall usage was great. The cost is significant for what you get, in my opinion. They do not typically take smaller companies as they are "not the right fit." We ended up transitioning to another platform that had almost all the same capabilities for a fraction of the cost. With getting basically all the same amenities, it was worth it in a cost aspect.

CONS

Before starting with ServiceTitan, it was as if you couldn't get them to leave you alone, but after starting with them at times it was difficult to even get a hold of someone for anything. Our support member would get changed on us and we wouldn't even know - so we would be trying to contact no one basically. It has been a while since we used this software so I don't know if this has changed, but at the time this was very frustrating.

Reason for choosing ServiceTitan

At the time, it seemed the best fitting for our company and was recommended to us by another contractor.

Reasons for switching to ServiceTitan

We were looking for something more up to date and offered more capabilities.

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We love hearing from our customers. Our mission is to provide cutting edge tools for the trades that are both easy to use and dramatically improve your operations. While we might have not been the right software for you at this time, we're happy to hear that you loved ServiceTitan. We hope to better serve you in the future.

Replied March 2020

Reviewed February 2021

Service TItan - Windows to Mac for the HVAC world!

EXCELLENT customer service depending on your CSM. We have had several. Current is based out of ATL and they are amazing! Easy to use software, visual and self explanatory. Implementation was smooth but had its share of concerns. I would not import Memberships if I had the chance to do over. It would have been easier for manual import due to revenue recognition issues and membership reporting numbers being inaccurate due to inactive membership types (the imports). Overall great experience tho with the implementation team.

PROS

Customer notifications that allowed our clients to see when a tech was in route and location of route. Customer service features, clean, easy to view board and job details can be as detailed or minimal as desired. Ease of function.

CONS

Reporting software is slightly lacking. Mobile version is limited for techs on the field. Notifications for reminders are limited to one paragraph/set of content, not different based on business unit. Hardest part - we cannot sell equipment through the system due to the inability for AHRI Matchups.

Reason for choosing ServiceTitan

They had an overall better compelling argument. Cleaner, user friendly, simple phone integrations that made less work for CSRs.

Reasons for switching to ServiceTitan

Desco was not moving forward with cloud based tech, when they did they offered Field Edge - newer software but crazzy expensive and limited on features due to its age. Also, it was like a dinosaur. Even their reps didnt have a good grasp on the change.

Peter

Reviewed June 2022

The BEST Service software out there for companies!

Very good is the best way I can sum it up. We would not want to be with another company.

PROS

The abilities are rich and continue to be added to over time with the system. They are continually improving based on feedback from their customers.

CONS

Because it is such a big and complete system there is a LOT to learn. They work to make it easy to understand but it can still be difficult. You need to make sure you have a good success manager. in the service titan network your guide and helper is called a success manager. Demand one that will work with you to be successful.

Reason for choosing ServiceTitan

Better options and customer service

Reasons for switching to ServiceTitan

Was not getting the support or the promised products and forms from them.

Stephanie

Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Business Essential

I have been with Service Titan since 2015 and I would not use any other software. It can be challenging to keep up with how fast technology is changing but I know that Service Titan is working hard to help me make my business more profitable and efficient everyday.

PROS

Service Titan is the gold standard for running a trades business. It makes it easy to communicate to customers, record history and get an up to the minute snapshot of how our business is running.

CONS

Service Titan struggles with responsiveness in customer service. Also, not every contractor is ready to undertake the implementation of such a robust software so it requires extra help for set up and training that Service Titan does not provide.

Reasons for switching to ServiceTitan

The features that Service titan has and the integrations.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us this review, Stephanie! We are thrilled to hear about the success you've experienced on ServiceTitan and appreciate the feedback you provided that will help us to improve. Thank you for being a wonderful partner!

Replied November 2023

Renee

Reviewed February 2024

The Joys of Software - Service Titan

From an accounting angle, it's great from top to bottom - nuts and bolts - assist with all aspects - and export with ease to other software i.e. Quickbooks Enterprise.

PROS

The ease of accessibility and ease of customer service assisting with any issues that arise during a normal workday.

CONS

Always updating and have to get used to using different view platform but it functions so well.

Reasons for switching to ServiceTitan

Much easier platform and fit our needs better - full realm - meaning for office, technicians and customers.

Thank you so much for this incredible review, Renee! We appreciate you taking the time to share this and are thrilled to hear that it fits your business needs across the office, techs, and customers.

Replied February 2024

Amy

Reviewed November 2022

The only field service software you'll ever need!

Our business has grown since using ServiceTitan and as owners, we can see what is going on in our business day to day from anywhere.

PROS

ServiceTitan has more features and capability of anything else out there for the home services industry.

CONS

Their customer support could be improved. It is often difficult to get support in a timely manner.

Reasons for switching to ServiceTitan

mHelpDesk was lacking many features we needed and does not regularly make improvements to the product.

Janet

Reviewed June 2021

Disappointed and unhappy

Disappointing. Eager to accept your money, no real support after they have your money

PROS

No support provided by Service Titan to fix a major problem involving materials, services, taxes set up but at a later date disappearing and no one at Service Titan believes or cares about fixing the problem. They just tell you to add it back in and let them know of other issues so they can ignore them as well.

CONS

The inability for it to be reliable. How do you know what you've lost when random information goes missing and you only find out about it when it's too late and you need it in the system.

Reason for choosing ServiceTitan

All the bells and whistles

Reasons for switching to ServiceTitan

I was promised this would be a great program and it is advertised as being great just not true once you purchase it.

Anthony