All Hootsuite Reviews

Sean

Real Estate, 51 - 200 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed April 2021

Good centralized tool for managing social media

Brock

Retail, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Great for businesses and distributed teams

This is a great tool that has enormously helped our content team stay organized and post on a regular consistent basis.

PROS

Hootsuite makes it easy for our distributed team of content contributors to submit content, and our internal team can then create a posting calendar and use automated posting to make the management of all of our social platforms fast and simple.

CONS

We really like hootsuite, but it would be nice if more platforms and types of posts could be made.

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

We have actually held onto SKED but we made the switch because more of our content contributors were familiar with hootsuite than sprout.

Craig

Non-Profit Organization Management, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed December 2023

This Great Product Makes Life Easier

I really enjoy Hootsuite. Inserting a video/image and then writing some content for whichever accounts you select, and it's done! No more getting up on Christmas morning and logging into my laptop to post Merry Christmas. It just happens on its own!

PROS

I love the fact that I can add my social media platforms to the system and pick and choose which ones I want to use for a posting. Then I can schedule things for months easily! I wish it was cheaper, but it is comparable to other services that are out there. I would highly recommend it!

CONS

One thing that aggravates me is that my Instagram account seems to become disconnected on a regular basis. Just IG, none of the others. It's easy to fix, but just an unnecessary hiccup.

Reason for choosing Hootsuite

I had used it previously in a different company. I was looking for something that was less expensive but they were all about the same. I went with what I knew.

Kate

Retail, 11-50 employees

HootSuite Photo Sharing

PROS

I was a user invited from a brand to join hootsuite as a photo sharing app. I liked how easy it was to sign up and get access.

CONS

I wish there was more customization, i.e downloading zip files.

Hollie

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Hoot Hoot - We Love Hootsuite!

Awesome! Absolutely love the tool and it is one of the best tools at my disposal in my role.

PROS

I love so many things about Hootsuite. The analytics and reporting features have been awesome for monthly reporting. It makes creating reports super easy and pulls great data points that bosses love to see. It makes social media management much more...well... manageable!

CONS

I wish I could incorporate other socials into the tool like Linkedin and Threads, maybe I haven't branched out enough but I would like to see how those work!

Gavin

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Take the hassle out of social posting

Overall it was a great tool. I definitely see the value

PROS

Allowed me to focus on my main work without needing to think about posting on socials every day

CONS

I don't think it allowed me to easily locate or attach gifs at least from what I was able to see

Emily

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Quality Software

PROS

I like the versatility that Hootsuite provides to manage multiple accounts. It’s also easy to use to schedule posts.

CONS

It can get to be complex to handle everything all together

Reviewed July 2024

Hubspot CRM expensive

a little bit complex to manage at the outset

PROS

good software, a little complex but expensive once you have a lot of customers

CONS

too expensive for small and medium-sized businesses

qasm

Computer Games, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Review an app Hootsuite

I love this application and I love to use it

PROS

A great application for fast marketing and does not need a lot of Internet

CONS

I think it needs a slight adjustment in customer service

Carlos María

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Hootsuite. Not best in class but affordable and easy to use

We can manage in one place all social media posts for all our customers.

PROS

It is to set up new social media channels. Also you can configure teams with access to a specific social media channel. The canva style view to manage each account or social media channel is OK.

CONS

The interface is boring and old. And sometimes you lost connection with a social media affecting your already programmed posts. The reports in ppt format also could be better. Their look & feel is not so good and need adjustements before sharing with a client.

Reason for choosing Hootsuite

Because it is easy to use, the onboarding for new members of the team is also easy and the cost is quite good compared the other options available in the market.

Mary

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Hootsuite Makes Social Media Management a Breeze

I used Hootsuite for a marketing internship. Myself and the other intern were able to work collaboratively in Hootsuite's workspace and efficiently manage our university's social media pages.

PROS

The ability to manage multiple social media accounts at once is a major time-saver! The dashboard made it very easy to monitor activity on each without needing to go to each individual website.

CONS

I had no issues with Hootsuite when I was using it for my internship.

Ruben

Real Estate, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2024

Great software to use for automation of social media

Overall great value if you're looking for a software to make your time and money work for you. If you need to post content, but don't have the time, this software can assist you tremendously.

PROS

Big fan of the fact that all of my social media is in one location. I don't have to worry about multiple platforms.

CONS

Not the easiest to work with, took me a bit of time to understand the software initially.

Lisa

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed July 2024

Hootsuite Review

It has been a valuable platform for our business.

PROS

It is very user friendly and easy to use.

CONS

I do not think there was really anything I did not like about the platform.

10,000+ employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed February 2024

Manage ypursocial media in one place great

PROS

You can manage and program the post for the wholr month so ots comsistence.

CONS

It could integrate more socialmedia platforms.

Thomas

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2020

A Good Option for Social Publishing and Monitoring

At my previous job I was using Hootsuite to start my day. I would sign on and schedule and publish posts for the duration of the day, or over the weekend or what have you. More recently, I've been using Hootsuite's free version to manage my personal online presence, scheduling posts related to my podcast or video channels. I find that more recently, the native Twitter app has been better for just scrolling through Twitter, but as far as posting goes, I prefer to use Hootsuite.

PROS

One of my favorite things about Hootsuite is the ability to 'autoschedule' posts based on the time that you're likely to receive the most engagement. This takes a lot of the guesswork out of the job of a social media manager, as you can tend to labor over the details like whether or not something is emergent enough to post right now or whether you should wait to schedule it in the future. I find Hootsuite's customizable streams can be helpful in mitigating a lot of the noise that comes along with social media, but constant algoritm and UI updates to platforms like Twitter can make streams obsolete quickly. The platform is super simple to get set up and running with, and the free version (which I'm currently using for my personal accounts/projects) is perfectly serviceable for teams with 3 social accounts or fewer. I've never had to reach out to support, but Hootsuite's online presence is great and they're constantly providing materials that are helpful to social media managers.

CONS

I find their integration with Instagram somewhat lacking. During my time with Hootsuite, I have scheduled countless Instagram posts, but the way the marriage between Instagram and Hootsuite Works means that you can schedule the post, but you need to open the app on your phone and hit send when the time comes to actually publish your post. I have missed so many Instagram posts because of this, and the fact that I only appear to get a notification when It's time to post on Instagram about half the time. I realize that this isn't necessarily all Hootsuite's fault, but this is a real downer, and leaves me wishing that the integration was better

Reason for choosing Hootsuite

Pricing for the most part. At the time, HubSpot was still charging for every level of their services. Once I started using it, the autoscheduling feature became too important to me to consider switching. As long as Hootsuite allows me to manage my 3 accounts for free, I'll continue to use their services.

Alberto

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2022

A Great Tool For Social Scheduling - But Others Offer More For Less

Overall the product has served us well; we're still using it daily and are able to plan campaigns around our scheduling abilities, we're able to connect directly with our customers and assigned potential customer service issues within our team with a few clicks. Over time however, social platforms are getting savvy to the needs of businesses are starting to build out their own business tools and scheduling/performance analytics hubs (Facebook Business and Twitter for Business for one). It remains to be seen how Hootsuite will compete with free as the platforms begin to grow this part of their businesses.

PROS

Social Post Scheduling is the raison d'etre for Hootsuite and it does it effectively and with lots of options including custom tagging for your analytics platform. If you're only interested in being able to schedule and post to multiple social media channels, this is the first place to look.

CONS

The pricing and tiers no longer make sense as many of their competitors are offering similar/better scheduling and posting options at a lower price (or free with limitations). In 2022, Instagram post scheduling shouldn't be an exclusive feature.

Reason for choosing Hootsuite

At the time, Hootsuite provided better analytics tools than were available to any of their direct competitors.

Samiran

Information Technology and Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Effortlessly Manage Multiple Social Media Channels with Hootsuite

All officers and staff including me have found Hootsuite to be a useful tool for managing social media accounts and streamlining their social media management tasks. They appreciate the ability to manage multiple social media accounts in one place and the ability to schedule posts in advance. The collaboration features have also been helpful, allowing multiple team members to work on social media management tasks together. However, some project officers have noted that there can be a bit of a learning curve with Hootsuite and that the pricing can be a bit steep for smaller organizations or individuals.

PROS

I mostly like the range of analytics tools and and the support of wide range of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, and more in a single nutshell.

CONS

The price for the business is a little on a high note.

Reason for choosing Hootsuite

Hootsuite offers more robust social media management features, such as team collaboration and social listening, making it a better choice for larger businesses or agencies.

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

We need more advanced social media management features, such as team collaboration, social listening, and analytics.

Shanna

Marketing and Advertising, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Hootsuite: Best Social Scheduling Tool for Monitoring Comments

Overall, I love Hootsuite for it's social monitoring capabilities and reporting capabilities, but better yet, my clients really responded to the updated reporting from our previous vendors. The real meat of the reports are at the beginning, which holds my clients attention spans better and gets them the information they actual want quickly and in an easy-to-digest manner.

PROS

My department is currently in the process of shopping social scheduling/monitoring/reporting tools (i.e. Buffer, Sprout, Hubspot, etc.), and Hootsuite is one that I was assigned to test. The feature I enjoyed best was definitely the feeds setup. Unlike other providers I've used, Hootsuite allows you to set up different feeds (i.e. mentions, hashtags, etc.). This allows me to monitor all platforms and mentions, and even keep tabs on things like certain keywords I can respond quickly. For instance, I manage the social presence for a popular sporting goods company, and I can search for FAQs on Twitter and quickly provide an answer and a link, all while responding to different DMs across our other social platforms. On Sprout Social, everything was aggregated into one feed. I prefer to have it parsed out so I can know how to modify my answers quickly depending on the platform. I also really liked the reporting options - the reporting templates are set up so the bulk of the numbers are at the beginning, rather than below the fold, which has been great for clients with short attention spans.

CONS

The UI seems a bit dated. The features themselves are great, so it truly doesn't matter, but it's just not as modern and beautiful as other platforms. I don't think it's changed much, looks-wise, since when I last used it in a previous role 5+ years ago. It has no effect on actual usability, but an update would make it feel less clunky and more intuitive.

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

We're looking around due to a recent price increase on Sprout, and comparing features. We really value the feeds tool, enough to pay a slightly higher monthly fee than we would on Sprout.

Justin

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Always a solid choice

Overall it is legitimately an all time resource for marketing and that especially includes their world class blog.

PROS

Hootsuite is just so integrated and has been such a market leader it's hard to compete with everything they can. do

CONS

The least liked thing is that hootsuite prices itself out of budget when launching almost immediately. I can never upgrade because it gets expensive quickly with so many offered tools.

Reason for choosing Hootsuite

semrush is just now entering that market so it's not well established or full featured

Spoorthy