Dotcom-Monitor Software Reviews

FrontRunners 2022

• icon"It’s easy to use, it’s fast and it helps since the first minute."
  • icon"Good people, good practices, good words, good services."
  • icon"Easy to use and reflects the webpage speeds across the Globe pretty good. Really like that with one click you can test your webpage speeds on more than 20 servers at once."
  • icon"It is difficult to establish more complex flows."
  • icon"Some services were missing. There could be more quota offered."
  • icon"Showing wrong result some time and showing error."

All Dotcom-Monitor Reviews

A good monitoring platform

Pros

Easy to set up. Good notification frequency. Good range of monitoring

Cons

Personally I don't like the name. It sounds like it just monitors web -- it actually does a lot more.

Gabriel

dotcom-monitor has grown and evolved since the last time I used it to include some cool features

Pros

Initially, I used this product solely for uptime monitoring but it now offers so much more!

Cons

For now my only blocker is price, and this is only because I only use a small subset of their tools (uptime monitoring)

Reasons for choosing Dotcom-Monitor

I can't justify paying for this service as I currently don't have enough client websites which would benefit from the additional tools, and uptime monitoring is pretty much the only function I use from this software. However, if I ever needed to schedule tests for specific website functions like forms or maybe more complex features, their new tools seem to have been created just for this. I would love to trial this software again when my need requires it.

Leonardo

October 2022

Dotcom-Monitor a really good software for ISPs

Pros

I'm a network analyst and use Dotcom tools inside the ISP I work, it's a really good and reliable tool for monitoring things along the network, and testing network components, I usually use it to make diagnostics of servers latency, and dns resolve time.

Cons

For me, in my personal case, I don't need anything more in Dotcom tools, they have everything I need for monitoring my services, and server, and it works very well.

Gabriel

Ok but could be better

Pros

Recording the script could've been a good feature

Cons

Couldn't measure a session after authentication. The UI was confusing and hard to set up. But the biggest deal breaker for us was that we couldn't start measuring a page after the authentication flow. It would be great if there was a way to create a script to create a new browser session (including auth token) and then reuse this session for other separate tests.

Reasons for choosing Dotcom-Monitor

The service appeared to have all features we needed

Hafeez Ullah

October 2022

An awesome toolset for techno

Pros

The ease of usage, and the toolsets available are best inline to the needs.

Cons

there was not at all "least" about this software.

Eric

Price vs Features

Pros

The software does what it needs to do very well. The variable types of checks from numerous locations is very beneficial.

Cons

The price of the service has gotten disproportionate to its value. As such I was forced to another tool that might not be as feature packed but gets the job done at a price I can afford.

Reasons for choosing Dotcom-Monitor

At the time it was a great value for the service. Since that time I have stopped using the service because what Dotcom-Monitor charges for 1 domain, I can do 50 domains with uptime robot.

Pete

Industry: Computer Networking

Great service for multiple reasons

Great! I use it daily to make sure everything is running good

Pros

The amount of servers that test my sites is awesome. Also that they give me an image of the landing page is great.

Cons

Some inconsistency in server response time readings. And you must refresh the page to test another site because otherwise it freaks out and gives you results from the last site you've tested

Reasons for switching to Dotcom-Monitor

Pingdom only lets you test from one location at a time

mohamad taha

love docom

good and brilliant, but the little of dolaars prevent me to get in and advertise my blogger. go ahead

Pros

can decrease the price to get and announce my bloggers and get more visitors

Cons

easy and get more views. it may be a pissing look but at all it si so good

Kerem

Excellent Tool for Website Monitoring and Performance Testing

Pros

Web Page Monitoring is a great tool to monitor single page load time using real browsers.

Cons

Dotcom-Monitor is designed in a simple, easy to understand, user-friendly way that there is nothing that I dislike.

Prashant

Industry: Renewables & Environment

September 2022

Monitoring

Excellent

Pros

Great Result- Real time result appears and good dashboard

Cons

Showing wrong result some time and showing error.

yossi

once you learn - you can master it

once you learn the abilities and capabilities- your life with your site will be much easier

Pros

once you learn the capabilities and how to use them, life can be much easier the ability to monitor server and pages from around the world in an automatic process worth a lot

Cons

the learning process on the product is a little bit harder then “plug & play” so need to dive deep into it

Reasons for choosing Dotcom-Monitor

overall gives the best results based on price plan

Mike

Good, but missing 1 important option

Mostly positive experiences, just need to eliminate false positives.

Pros

Ease to get up an running, was up less than an hour

Cons

Would like to see an option to allow me to select which source servers are monitoring my servers. Any server outside of the U.S.A will create false positives due to my GeoFilter rules applied. This cause my uptime status to be misleading.

Reasons for switching to Dotcom-Monitor

Switched when they changed the base package to force me into a min number of items to monitor and my monthly bill was going to go up 10 fold. There were very unapologetic about the increase.

Tony

DotCom Insights

We have had a great experience using Dotcom-Monitor, especially with our HLS steams.

Pros

I love the ease of usability and the insights it gives our team into our infrastrucutre on a daily basis.

Cons

There was some questions if we could use DotCom-monitor to monitor streaming video, but we quickly had the questions answered.

Vishal

Easy setup, great features

Satisfied.

Pros

The software is easy to setup and helps me track availability of my own app as well as third party apps that are embedded in our product. The configuration setting allow user to control minutest details such as frequency of checks.

Cons

Setting up complex user workflows for SaaS apps and recording performance is slightly difficult and perhaps there are other alternatives that do better.

Thomas

The top solution for monitoring

It's our one-stop shop for all our monitoring needs.

Pros

Dotcom-Monitor is a very feature rich solution with a lot to offer. I predominantly use the BrowserView to manage an maintain the performance of our web properties and ServerView to monitor uptime and be notified of outages.

Cons

There’s no doubt that Dotcom Monitor has a lot of layers to offer, which can make it seem a little complex at first. However it is easy to get started.

Reasons for choosing Dotcom-Monitor

No doubt that Dotcom-Monitor is the more feature rich solution

Patrick

Saved my bacon

Keeping maximum uptime

Pros

All my sites warn me if they go down and I can respond promptly

Cons

None really. It does what it says on they can

Tom