Browse GTmetrix Reviews

Torikul from NockScript

It's an excellent website speed troubleshooting and testing tool

My overall experience is amazing, I'm using this tool from the beginning. This tool helps me to grow up my speed optimization service and take it to the next level. GT-Metrix saves my time also, I don't need to do research for any critical issues, they have ready all the guidelines about every single problem. I use this tool almost every day, GT-Metrix is now my 1st choice of all speed testing tools.

Pros

The first thing I liked about this tool, is it's super simple to use as well as it's effective. GT-Metrix added a new feature called Speed Visualization which can help me to track every second loading report and the obstacle that blocks the speed index. This tool especially provides two types of score, performance and structure which is very helpful. They don't even just show the website loading speed result. There is a TOP ISSUES tab with a complete guideline for troubleshooting methods. As a developer, I take help from this tool a lot, it's really superb!

Cons

GT-Metrix can't show the exact loading speed or performance in the report. If you scan the site URL for the first time, you'll not get the same result if you scan it for the second time, this is a weird thing. I provide speed optimization services to my clients. After finishing the speed up process, clients check the site performance on GT-Metrix. But the performance they got from their side, not match what I'm getting on my side, so this is another annoying thing about this tool. Scan location of GT-Metrix always shows from Vancouver, Canada, but I'm not in this location. It doesn't matter from where you are scanning or using the tool, it will show Vancouver, Canada location. I think this tool needs to improve these things.

Reasons for Switching to GTmetrix

It is important to me that what other testing tools show reports about the websites. As a developer, I have to take bits of help from all software, not just one.

Senne from OMNIA Web Agency

One of the best performance metrics tools

I have been using GTmetrix for years now and will continue to do so in future. I'm still on the free plan now but will most likely upgrade later on. There's really only 1 alternative that I found to be very good as well, but gives some different views. So I'll be choosing between this and that tool (Dareboost).

Pros

Last year GTmetrix updated their protocol so it's now fully up-to-date with the latest Google metrics. Just by having an account, you have a choice between various different locations to test your website load speed from. GTmetrix gives a lot of different views, metrics and important tips that help you optimise your websites. Not many tools have the possibility to enable video view so you can see exactly how your website is rendered in a certain browser and what the actual loading time is. This is very handy.

Cons

It might be just my websites, but I'm often getting very different results between tests, which can be very frustrating. There's always this doubt whether a website is trully fully optimised when you get A ratings, B ratings and then suddenly an E rating. But again, that's probably not their fault. The limits on the free plan can be pretty frustrating. But they're a business so they obviously need to have limitations on their free plan in order to have more people upgrade and make money.

Chamuditha from Makelk

Best way to maintain website speed!

Pros

- It's generating informative detailed reports for the website and it's very useful for everyone. - Most of the time we can fix the errors with their report. - We can loop the speed test of the website.

Cons

- Some time we need to wait a little longer to get the results. other than that this is a good software to measure the speed of your website.

Mairina from Cibersys

If you want to increase the performance to position your web page, this is the best tool!

In my particular experience, I use several tools and they are compared with this tool that is the speed reference of load, of YScore, degree of performance, and the most important thing that is that I'm listing in what value each parameter is found Make up my website, from optimization of images to optimization of code and parameters of caching. The truth is I recommend it, it is easy to use and it gives you a lot of value when optimizing your website for a good SEO positioning. Recommended 100%

Pros

I have had very good experience with GTMetrix, and believe me I have used many in order to not only measure the speed of my site, but to correct many aspects that prevent an effective SEO positioning. For me, one of the best tools to measure the speed of loading the website, in addition to this great advantage, also lists the errors you might have within a site and the recommendations to improve or minimize such errors. This tool has given me a lot of value when auditing one of the websites, since it lists the values ​​of each of the parameters that the site has and tells me how long each part of the code of the page takes. So with these values ​​I can optimize my website.

Cons

The truth of all the tools, this seems to me the most complete, because what they lack to others this one has it and it is to be able to compare several websites. The only thing that would add would be other servers, since it only has a location like Canada.

Dave from 1440 Multiversity

Quick and easy information on site speed

Mostly good experience, especially given the free options. I haven't seen the need yet to pay for the upgraded experience.

Pros

I love the quick and easy set up and weekly reports and, perhaps most importantly, it's free. As someone who uses a few different website building platforms and re-building websites, I really using to evaluate the efficiency of outgoing and incoming software on a website. I believe the change to using just Lighthouse info lost a lot of interesting data but it's still my go to.

Cons

Some of the data and results are confusing and you have to really dig in and research what they mean. Also, they sometimes put too much weight on data that aren't that relevant. Look at loading speed before anything else. I've have had sites that got low scores over all but were loading very quickly, so be sure and note what's really important. Otherwise you'll spend hours trying to figure out how to raise that score when, really, your site is loading just fine.

Reasons for Choosing GTmetrix

I didn't, I use both. :) I think it's important to get as much data from different sources as possible.

All you need to keep an eye on vital data

I really love how quick they are at updating criteria when algorithms change. This allow me to keep my performances and those of my customers well, within few hours. Happy customers make good profits.

Pros

I manage many websites for my customers and I do like the idea of automatizing most of the checking I have to do and be able to access the data whenever I need to without having to set many things up every single time. Plus it is that userfriendly, most of my customers can get the info on their own and ensure everything is fine on their website without being forced to ask me to check things up. Finally, the reports are complete enough to find solutions about anything that would turned to be wrong about your content, so when new algorithms emerge, you won't only know your contents don't pass the system but how to correct things so they will.

Cons

I sincerely have no idea, that's exactly why I never looked for another software.

Best way to diagnose website performance

I regularly use GTmetrix to diagnose performance issues in clients' websites.

Pros

Besides being very intuitive and easy to use, GTmetrix provides very detailed views of website performance, including detailed waterfalls and even videos of the actual test.

Cons

I have noticed that they sometimes change the metrics they use and don't really notify the user about that. So it can get confusing from time to time.

Reasons for Switching to GTmetrix

GTmetrix has a free version.

mathieu from FLY CREATIVE STUDIO CO LTD

Industry: Graphic Design

An important first tool to improve your website

Gtmetrix, for free gives a lot of inputs to website creators to help them react and correct each flow while explaining the issues in detail. It will help solve many problems and seeing your rank improve is a great gratification. The free account gives already a lot of inputs and will be enough for most of the users, while paid versions gives more freedom and fine tuning on how to improve your website speed.

Pros

Gtmetrix is so easy to use. In a few seconds you know how to improve your website and tests done on different locations gives even more precize data

Cons

Gtmetrix changed its ranking score and it was a bit confusing at first but once used it is still a very good tool.

Reasons for Switching to GTmetrix

WebCeo, while being a paid tool, gives a comprehensive data report covering GTmetrix capabilities and other data tools like Google Tools. WebCEO helps me work on the CEO and still gives me inputs on all the points GTmetrix would cover.

Danielle from Wagada

Great tool for analysing your website's speed, with quick wins to improve!

We use this report almost everyday to test our client's website speed.

Pros

- Simple, clear dashboard that reports on website speed (average fully loaded time etc). - Free version gives you a clear indication of website speed performance. - Provides recommendations to improve site speed, with clear reports and insights.

Cons

- Some of the recommendations to improve site speed are irrelevant. - Free version only tests from certain regions (which may not be where your website is hosted, and thus not a true representation of overall site speed).

Boris from Zero Molecule

Easy way to identify speed bottlenecks of your website

I use GTmetrix to test speed of all websites I make. It helps me identify bottlenecks, and reminds me of what optimizations I can still make to load the websites faster. A faster website equals happier customers and longer retention time, which directly relates to conversions. I can easily recommend GTmetrix to everyone who makes websites - it will help you make your website better.

Pros

It is super easy to use. Type in your website url, press a single button, and the results just pop up! I also love how you can choose the server location to test from - sometimes I am more interested in how my website loads somewhere far away.

Cons

Some scores are unfixable. It would be great if you could mark some of their tests as "not applicable" and then calculate the score from the ones you can actually fix. Sometimes I get bad scores but there is no realistic way to fix the score because of the technology I use.

Chamath from AdSpark.IO

Superbolt of fast websites

It does not have many technical and technological details. But yet, for a completely free tool, this job is optimum.

Pros

Many companies use GTmetrix to process a fast load period of websites to customers and clients. Many website designers create beautiful sites with attractive features, yet, they load slowly. Gtmetrix is the best option to know where the website is lagging and also how to improve fast loading quickly. - A complete report of display issues. - Simultaneous reports are downloading from PageSpeed and YSlow. These features took my attention when I using GTmetrix.

Cons

For the cons side, User interfaces are a bit confusing it would be great if the user experience of the tool improved. I couldn't find a different test server as I'm from Sri Lanka. Other than it's an awesome free tool to get done the job.

Antonio from TTB

The best way to test your website response and load time

I use GTmetrix to test all websites we make for us, or for clients. When creating a website for a local tourism company, GTmetrix helped me lower the load time from 8.5 seconds to under 1 second, just by telling me what the bottleneck was and nudging me to the right solution. It is a great tool that I can highly recommend to anyone making websites.

Pros

One click and a few seconds of loading time give me more information about what needs fixing on my website than most other software that I tried. It is an amazing tool that shows you where the issues with the speed of your website are and how to make them go away! I love that it tests against two different metrics, and it has testing options including server location and the ability to measure only until "on load" event.

Cons

I can't say there was anything I disliked about GTmetrix. It would have been great to have even more server locations maybe, but that was never a big issue for me.

Viktoria from TTB

A must have speed test for your website

All of the websites I made in the last five years went through GTmetrix testing, extensively. It helped narrow down the problems with loading times and improve the overall loading time sometimes from 10 seconds to under 1. Just following the recommendations it gives, you can cut down on the loading time by the factor of ten. I would highly recommend GTmetrix as your go-to tool for website speed testing.

Pros

I love the waterfall view for the tested websites that shows you which files took too long to load and where you can make actual speed improvements. I also like that it compares two metrics rather than providing just one.

Cons

Some of the metrics are made to seem much more important for page speed load than others. It would also be great if you could disable certain warnings because you just can't fix them.

Gihan from Ceylon Tech Zone

Best tool to speed up and optimize any kind of websites

GTmetrix is a free software which you can use to optimize your website within a short time. Awsome software to check and improve the performance of the website.

Pros

GTmetrix shows the current performance of your website. Also, It indicates everything you need to optimize to increase the speed of your website. It is so easy to use and easy to understand. It has PageSpeed, YSlow and Waterfall feature to grab website state. It 100% accurate and it's a free tool.

Cons

So far, I don't saw any cons on this software. You may be confused if you are new to this software. But you will find a lot of tutorials about GTmetrix. So it, not a big issue.

Daniel from Cameron Creative

A must use tool for measuring site performance!

Use it at least 3-4 times a week to test site speed. It's super handing, and even the free account provides a ton of useful resources for improving your site's performance.

Pros

So many things to like about GTmetrix. You can use it for free. It provides both a PageSpeed Score and a YSlow score, provides a waterfall, gives good solutions for slow scores, different servers to test through.

Cons

I'd love it if they provided more devices for testing on their free account. I get it, but it would be nice. Also, if you don't pay for an account you may have wait times for testing mobile. Again, makes sense. It's just a bummer.

Sharon from CYS Inc.

Industry: Photography

A great scanner to evaluate your website speed

A very useful scanner to keep track of the health and speed of my website, as well as access to previous reports to compare progress or changes in your website

Pros

The automated reports help me keep track of the improvements I make to my website, and it's useful to create reports to show my manager the progress of the work I do on the company's website

Cons

The previous reports are not saved in your account but instead, you have to find them in your email. Also, the numbers in the report sometimes can be a little exaggerated.

Reasons for Choosing GTmetrix

It's the most accurate scanner that other professionals suggested I should use

sooraj from Owebso

Website Perfomance Analyzer

while working with GT Matrix we can improve our website perfomance. they give us tips to iprove our website perfomance succh as compining the css and other style sheets etc.

Pros

GT Matrix keeps track of how well our website is performming while a customer is accesing our website. it also gives suggestions to improve the effecency of our website perfomance. it specifies the ranking of our website.

Cons

Since it is free to use i dont find any issues yet.

Amy from Hip Gloss Productions

Every Web Developer QA Needs This

Overall I enjoy this tool and use it often (for several years now!). It is a great quick and easy way to get an overview of your website health.

Pros

Nice grading scrale. Compare sites side by side. Load time capture. Suggestions to improve your site.

Cons

I love that you are provided with a list of things that need your attention however some of the suggestions do not have clear instructions on how to make improvements.

Arun from Actoiq

Best Site Perfomance Monitoring Tool

very good perfomance monitoring tool. which can be used as free

Pros

it measure our site perfomance such as loding speed and correct us if any issues found and gives tips to increase website speeds. it shows all the errors on the websites and correcting methods it specifies the ranking of our website

Cons

someties it takes more time to track the result. but by considering its features it is not a fault

Sarah from Sarah Lindsay Photography LLC

Industry: Photography

Great for helping know website speed!

Pros

I love that within a few seconds GTmetrix can tell me the speed of my website and what things need improved.

Cons

I feel like GTmetrix doesn't really help explain how to fix the issues it identifies.

Emanuele from Effective

Don't publish a website until you have tested it with Gtmetrix

Pros

Just copy your website url and paste it into gtmetrix... well just have to wait for 10/15 seconds and voilà you have a detailed list of what to do to improve your performances. And the user experience as well. Google will appreciate it.

Cons

No cons detected until now. This software is free and very detailed.

Francisco Manuel from Computer Hardware

We use it to optimize load times

Only use the free tool, but I like the easy to see results.

Pros

Fast way to check issues on loading times. Even the free tool suggests solutions in a ver easy to understand way.

Cons

Every tool of his type only suggests solutions via an algorithm, not reviewed by a human. Then some recommendations are non useful.