All Gumlet Reviews

Nachole

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2023

I love this video hosting software!

PROS

I recently switched from Vimeo and I've been nothing but impressed with the platform. It's easy to use and I was able to transfer all my videos from Vimeo without any problems.

CONS

I haven't found any problems with Gumlet since I've been using it.

Reasons for switching to Gumlet

Vimeo is expensive and I was looking for an alternative platform to host my courses on.

Hi Nachole, Thanks a lot for your positive feedback! We're delighted to hear that you love Gumlet as your video hosting software. It's fantastic that the switch from Vimeo to Gumlet was smooth for you, and we're glad to provide an easy-to-use platform for hosting your courses. We appreciate having you with us, and we're committed to delivering a great experience for you. Happy Streaming!

Max

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Best vimeo replacement

I must admit, I was initially skeptical about Gumlet. Over the years, I've tried numerous tools to streamline and optimize my video content, but always found myself reverting back to Vimeo. However, my experience with Gumlet has completely changed my perspective. The first thing that caught my eye was Gumlet's comprehensive suite of features. Unlike many other platforms I've previously used, Gumlet provides all the necessary tools that I've been searching for. It's the first service that has been able to successfully replace Vimeo for me. One of the standout features is the video player. The design is sleek, visually appealing, and most importantly, customizable, allowing me to tailor the look and feel of the player to suit my needs. This level of customization is something I've struggled to find elsewhere. Another huge plus is Gumlet's ability to bulk-process videos, a feature that, surprisingly, is still not available on Vimeo. This has significantly improved my workflow, saving me valuable time and effort. However, the main selling point for me has to be the speed at which videos load across all devices. I've found this to be a common issue amongst many video hosting platforms, but not with Gumlet. Regardless of the device, my videos load quickly and smoothly, greatly enhancing the user experience. In summary, my experience with Gumlet has been overwhelmingly positive. I've been incredibly satisfied with the all-round service provided and would highly recommend it to anyone in need of a robust, reliable, and efficient video hosting solution.

PROS

bulk edit your videos very fast streaming great looking player

CONS

bandwidth of 2TB is not that much. This could be higher for the growth plan.

too expensive bandwidth, if you need more than 2TB

Hi Max, Thanks a ton for your detailed and positive feedback! We're delighted to hear that Gumlet has proven to be the best Vimeo replacement for you. Noted on your feedback about the bandwidth limit, I want to share that we are actively working on adding more bandwidth to our plans to accommodate your needs better. We're thrilled that Gumlet's comprehensive features, customizable player, bulk-processing capabilities, and speedy video loading have significantly improved your workflow and user experience. It's fantastic to have you with us after switching from Vimeo, and we're committed to providing a robust, reliable, and efficient video hosting solution. Happy Streaming!

Wallace

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Great video hosting platform

I’ve been employing it for roughly a week, and it’s performing admirably. The user interface is appealing and remarkably user-friendly. The embedded videos are incredibly swift, with no delay or buffering whatsoever

PROS

Gumlet functions as a video hosting and optimization platform, addressing issues related to video hosting. It provides a unique feature that lets users craft a personalized video player, complete with custom colors and logos, thereby improving user interaction.

CONS

There is a learning curve required to understand all the functionally

Thank you for your valuable feedback, Wallace! We're thrilled to hear that Gumlet has proven to be a great video hosting and optimization platform for you. We understand that there might be a learning curve to fully grasp all the functionalities, and we appreciate your patience as you explore the platform. We're delighted that you've been enjoying a smooth experience with Gumlet's user-friendly interface and swift video playback. If you have any questions or need further assistance as you continue to use Gumlet, our support team is here to help. Thank you for choosing Gumlet as your video hosting solution. Happy Streaming!

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Gumlet has now replaced our Vimeo hosting!

Absolutely phenomenal - This has been one of our best SAAS subscriptions for a long time. It's so easy to use, and we've had great feedback from our clients and members - we are now going to use this platform for *all* of our video hosting not just our training videos.

PROS

Gumlet is incredibly easy to use, has more than covered our Vimeo requirements that we previously had (Even better than we thought so now it's our only video hosting service), it's so clean and presents so well to the consumer. We have loved how easy this has been.

CONS

Nothing really found yet to complain about but if I *did* have to nitpick it could be that the community help can be a little hard to find some details in - but I'm stretching to complain about this because I still found what we needed in there, it just took me a little while longer than I thought it would.

Reasons for switching to Gumlet

Cost of Vimeo had become too exorbitant for our company and Gumlet's pricing was so much better - I honestly haven't noticed any missing features that we need.

Hi Andrew, Thank you for the fantastic feedback! We're thrilled to hear that Gumlet has replaced your Vimeo hosting and exceeded your expectations. It's great to know you find it incredibly easy to use and that it covers all your requirements. Noted on the community help feedback; we'll work on improving the accessibility. Happy Streaming!

Tony

Computer Networking, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2023

Fast video streaming with excellent customer support at a good price point

Overall it's been a pretty smooth and positive experience. As mentioned in the Pros and Cons, there were a few small hiccups but their fantastic customer support helped me navigate it pretty quickly. Their system is fast and straightforward and has a good feature set that checked all the boxes I was searching for in a video hosting system: fast, reasonable cost, good amounts of storage and great support if something goes wrong.

PROS

Uploading videos to and playing videos on Gumlet is fast. Other features really like are the auto-subtitles and how they measure your storage by minutes and not file size.However, while I very much like Gumlet's feature set and speed, the thing that has impressed me the most about Gumlet is the customer service. I had an issue where I couldn't upload a video because the system said my video length was too long. I hopped on their chat and they had it fixed in minutes. While I was on the chat they also answered other questions I had about the interface.

CONS

The video organization and editing features are a bit lacking. Specifically, once you upload a video, you can't change the collection you uploaded it to and you can't go back and add a feature like auto subtitles afterwards if you forgot to turn them on during the initial processing. I've had to go back and reupload a couple of files because of this, but luckily their upload speeds are pretty fast.

Reason for choosing Gumlet

Price and negative experiences with their customer service that some of my friends and colleagues have had with them.

Reasons for switching to Gumlet

Adilo has its positive points, but the interface was slow to navigate and it was a bit buggy. I also had issues with their embeddable player not working properly, especially on mobile devices.

Hello Tony, We're delighted to receive your positive feedback and to know that you appreciate Gumlet's fast video streaming and excellent customer support. Your insights about the video organization and editing features are valuable, and we appreciate your transparency. We're continuously working on improving our platform, and your feedback helps us prioritize and enhance the user experience. If you ever have more suggestions or questions, feel free to reach out. We're here to make your video hosting experience even better. Thank you for choosing Gumlet, and we're especially grateful for your switch from Adilo. Happy Streaming!

Ibra

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Gumlet is the right video hosting, streaming and management tool for any modern business model .

Being an educational startup specializing in E-learning for foreign languages and vocational training courses, the importance of video hosting and secure streaming has become paramount in our operations. We rely on these capabilities not only for marketing and sales, but also for seamlessly delivering our educational content, which is seamlessly integrated into our e-learning platforms.While there are numerous platforms available in the market, Gumlet has proven to be the ideal solution for our business model. It provides an array of impressive features akin to what Wistia offers, but with the added advantage of cost-effective branding customization options. This choice has undoubtedly enhanced our ability to meet both our educational and promotional needs efficiently.

PROS

Powerful, fast , intuitive ,cost-effective , secure and reliable

CONS

Until now, I couldn't sport any evident issues with the App.

Reason for choosing Gumlet

In essence, their customer support is exceptional, they offer a superb quality-to-price ratio, and, most importantly, they provide fully customizable and branded content.

Hi Ibra, Thanks a million for your detailed and positive feedback! We're thrilled to hear that Gumlet has proven to be the right video hosting, streaming, and management tool for your educational startup. We're glad that Gumlet's features, particularly the cost-effective branding customization options, have enhanced your ability to meet both educational and promotional needs efficiently. It's wonderful to have you with us, and we're committed to providing exceptional customer support, a superb quality-to-price ratio, and fully customizable and branded content. Happy Streaming!

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Gumlet is the best video hosting and streaming solution!

Gumlet allows us to move away from other video hosts and streaming services such as Vimeo.

PROS

Gumlet has an excellent user interface with a simple and clear layout. The features are powerful and impressive, with more features being developed. The video streaming is fast and consistent; we have yet to experience an issue with buffering. The documentation is helpful and clear. The bottom line is that everything just works like it should.

CONS

Other than a few missing features (that we know the development team is working on) there isn't anything we don't like about Gumlet. It's a dream compared to other video hosts.

Reason for choosing Gumlet

Gumlet consistently provides fast and smooth streaming at a lower cost.

Reasons for switching to Gumlet

Gumlet is cheaper and more reliable.

Thank you for your enthusiastic review, Paul! We're thrilled to hear that Gumlet has become the best video hosting and streaming solution for you. It's fantastic to know that you appreciate the excellent user interface, powerful features, and the consistent, fast video streaming experience. We're committed to continuously developing more features to meet your needs and make Gumlet even better. We appreciate your feedback on missing features, and we want to assure you that our development team is actively working on enhancing Gumlet to provide a comprehensive solution. We're honored to have you move away from other video hosts and streaming services in favor of Gumlet. Thank you for choosing us, and we're here to support you in all your video hosting needs. If you have any further suggestions or questions, feel free to reach out. Happy Streaming with Gumlet!

1 employee

Affordable Video Hosting with Many Features

I utilize Gumlet for hosting videos related to my business. I am genuinely amazed by its exceptionally fast loading times. It provides unmatched reliability, affording me the flexibility to either incorporate these videos into my business website or establish a separate channel that matches my specific goals. Additionally, the feature of creating chapters greatly improves the quality of my videos.

PROS

Gumlet provides a reliable and economical option for video storage, posing as a competitive substitute to platforms such as YouTube or Vimeo. Furthermore, it allows you to select your desired video processing resolution, enhancing its appeal. It boasts impressive playback speeds and the inclusion of DRM ensures the security of your videos.

CONS

Having more customization choices for the channel's homepage and a selection of theme options would be advantageous. The user dashboard's interface could be improved for simpler navigation. The need for a separate Apple Fairplay subscription for DRM is unfortunate.

Reason for choosing Gumlet

I chose Gumlet over Vimeo because of long-term cost considerations. I also chose Gumlet over Adilo because of a terrible customer service experience I had with them.

Hello there, Thanks for sharing your positive experience with Gumlet! We're delighted to hear that you find our platform reliable, economical, and a great substitute for other hosting platforms. We value your feedback on customization options for the channel's homepage and theme choices, as well as the interface of the user dashboard. We're always working on improvements, and your insights contribute to enhancing the Gumlet experience. We're sorry to hear about your previous customer service experience with another platform, and we're here to provide you with the best support possible. If you have any more suggestions or questions, feel free to reach out. We're here to ensure your video hosting needs are met seamlessly. Thank you for choosing Gumlet!

1 employee

Gumlet Video Review

I optimize my storage space on online course platforms and membership sites by utilizing Gumlet Video for hosting videos.

PROS

I really appreciate the clean UI and smooth UX. There is no clutter, all features are appropriate and valuable. The DRM features offer extra security for my course and membership videos.

CONS

So far, I am happy with everything I have experienced with Gumlet Video.

Reason for choosing Gumlet

I chose the enhanced security options because they were better and worth the cost.

Reasons for switching to Gumlet

The DRM features were very appealing and offered for a similar cost to my existing provider, with limited security options.

Hello, Thanks a bunch for sharing your thoughts on Gumlet Video! We're thrilled to hear that you appreciate the clean UI and smooth UX – simplicity and effectiveness are at the core of our design philosophy. We're committed to offering valuable features that optimize your storage space and enhance your overall experience. If you ever have more feedback or questions, don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to support you in making your video hosting seamless and secure. Happy Streaming!

Good Video Hosting with Nice Design and Speed

I really like the design. I have tested the streaming speed for a long time because it's critical for me to use it for local audiences. I didn't expect how good it could be. No complaint.

PROS

- Decent video streaming speed - Beautiful UI and dashboard - Affordable pricing

CONS

Currently, no. It is good enough for me.

Reasons for switching to Gumlet

Vadoo is very inferior, no matter the UI or UX. It stopped its development long time ago and abandoned this product.

Hi there, Thanks a ton for your positive feedback! We're thrilled to hear that Gumlet's video streaming speed, beautiful UI, and affordable pricing have made it a good fit for you. It's fantastic to have you with us after switching from Vadoo, and we're glad that Gumlet's design and performance align with your expectations. Happy Streaming!

Saghir

Architecture & Planning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Best for video hosting and sharing

Gumlet helps us control and manage our video assets in one place and embed them on multiple websites.

PROS

The ease of use. We use Gumlet to store and stream our video assets across multiple websites

CONS

The UI can be sometimes difficult to navigate

Reasons for switching to Gumlet

Squarespace has limited storage for video after which they charge a high premium for additional storage. The videos stored are limited to the Squarespace website

Yuv

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Better than Bunny CDN with a fraction of cost

PROS

Simple UI with ease of use, number of features and CDN protection with dynamic DRM.

CONS

Small bugs and more features in future would be even better

Reasons for switching to Gumlet

Affordability, better hosting, better protection and higher speed.

Hi Yuv, Thanks for your positive feedback! We're delighted to hear that Gumlet has proven to be better than Bunny CDN for you, offering a simple UI, ease of use, and a variety of features. Noted on the small bugs and feature suggestions, we appreciate your input as we continually work to enhance our services. We're glad to have you with us after switching from bunny.net, and we're committed to delivering affordability, better hosting, protection, and higher speed. Happy Streaming!

Reviewed June 2023

Vimeo & Youtube Alternative

Fantastic it does everything it promises to do and more. I think there is tremendous value and use case for any brands or companies that want to fully control the entire process.

PROS

I love the branding and private hosting that comes alongside the intellectual property protection

CONS

I think like any new platform the onboarding can be improved as far as the learning curve is concerned. The [sensitive content hidden] is commited to improving this.

Reason for choosing Gumlet

Loom doesn't have the intellectual property safe guarding that Gumlet has.

Reasons for switching to Gumlet

The tool provide more bang for your buck and the value and overall tool is superb

Shailendra Kumar

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

High-Quality, Customizable Video Hosting & Streaming Solution

The pricing is highly competitive. Superb Video Optimization makes it a Diamond and no problem of video buffering I faced so far. Video analysis is here to track the performance of my videos. I am fully satisfied with all it.So I am confident to say that with its impressive array of features, Gumlet is certainly a worthy product for all our video hosting requirements.

PROS

I have used it for more than 9 months extensively and my experience has been fantastic. So far I have found Gumlet to be a reliable and efficient video hosting and streaming service.Mostly I love its video encryption features includes DRM Protection, Password Protection, Dynamic Watermark, Signed URL, Geo-Blocking. Video upload speed is quiet fast and it take less time to be available to watch.

CONS

I feel that as Gumlet utilizes various terminologies, such as profiles and collections, within its user interface, while these terms are commonplace for experienced users but they may pose a slight challenge for beginners who are new to the platform.

Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback, Shailendra! We're delighted to hear about your fantastic experience with Gumlet. It's great to know that the video encryption features, including DRM Protection, Password Protection, Dynamic Watermark, Signed URL, and Geo-Blocking, have met your requirements. The fast upload speed, efficient availability of videos, and competitive pricing are certainly key factors for a positive video hosting experience. We appreciate your input regarding the terminology used in the user interface. Your feedback is valuable, and we'll consider ways to enhance the user experience, especially for beginners. Thank you for choosing Gumlet as your preferred video hosting solution over Adilo. We're thrilled to have you on board and look forward to continuing to meet and exceed your expectations. Happy Streaming!

Ravi

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Super fast Video Hosting and Protection

PROS

Gumlet helped me to upload and configure my videos for optimized loading onto our Learning Management System. It also has DRM which can protect your videos from being dowloadedCollections and playlists provide options to configure the video as per requirementIt also migrate videos from vimeo and video analytics that can provide insights on your videoThe best I liked is the superfast ondemand streaming of videos through our LMS so our students didn't face any issues while viewing

CONS

Good to have watermarking features as well as basic video editing

Thanks for sharing your positive experience with Gumlet, Ravi! We're delighted to hear that our platform has provided super-fast video hosting and effective protection for your content. We appreciate your feedback on watermarking features and basic video editing. Your insights are valuable as we continue to enhance our platform. If you have any further suggestions or questions, feel free to let us know. Happy Streaming!

Amine

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

A Must-Have Video Hosting Platform for Digital Marketers

Gumlet Video makes managing videos for digital marketing agencies a breeze. The ability to upload and optimize videos in parallel is extremely intuitive and time-saving.

PROS

Gumlet Video is the perfect video hosting solution for agencies. It is incredibly intuitive to use, with with great progress tracking, detailed analytics, and an easier upload process. It offers parallel video processing, which significantly reduces queue times for uploads. The ability to organize, store, and source from cloud storage makes it a one-stop shop for all my video needs. Additionally, the ease of setting up API integrations or embedding videos adds an additional level of functionality that has been incredibly helpful in running my business.

CONS

There were no features that I didn't like about this product! It is an amazing platform that offers a wide range of features to suit nearly any business need.

Reasons for switching to Gumlet

Offers more options and is less expensive.

Thank you, Amine B, for sharing your positive review of Gumlet! We're delighted to hear that Gumlet Video has become your go-to video hosting solution for your agency. Our goal is to provide a comprehensive and user-friendly experience for digital marketers like you. Thank you for choosing Gumlet as your preferred video hosting platform and for highlighting the value it brings to your business. If you ever have more feedback or specific features you'd like to see, feel free to reach out. We're here to support you in your video hosting needs!

Replied January 2024