All Kanban Tool Reviews

Isaiah

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Kanban Tool user of 5 years

My overall experience has been good, quick setup, customization, and the support group was very responsive to any challenges I experienced with the product.

PROS

When I became a project manager, I originally discovered Kanban Tools and wanted a visual way of tracking small sub-projects with short life cycles. It was easy to set up and adjust to the project's demands.

CONS

Today, I can't think of any cons, as most of them have been worked out. However, I will suggest more ideas to improve Kanban Tools with continued use.

Reason for choosing Kanban Tool

Kanban Tools met my primary goal of visual tracking with the flexibility to adjust the tasks boxes and swim lanes.

Reasons for switching to Kanban Tool

Excel was just too rigid and non-visual. My engineering colleagues were using Excel to track tasks of a project that I despise.

Alex

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Excellent Light-to-Medium Weight Tool

I love this tool. It's exactly what I need, and customization is a breeze. If you're new to task boards and/or have a smaller, simpler team or workflows, start with this before you dive into the deep end with Atlassian or other products, especially if your focus is more on "seeing the big picture" than keeping a detailed log of work across a large number of team members

PROS

It does everything I need from a Kanban Board out of the box, does so intuitively, and does not get bogged down in optimizations/extra features. However, if you want them, they're easy to implement.

CONS

It feels more like it was designed and documented by engineers rather than sales staff, and its no-frills design is a big selling point for me, but others may disagree. It's "simple out of the box, opt-in to additional features" also means a little more upfront configuration, but I still think it's good design. A few minor nice-to-have features (colored tags, saving multiple filtered views) might be missing or paywalled, but I haven't explored all the possibilities in their documentation yet.

Reason for choosing Kanban Tool

Free out of the box use of swimlanes, expand/collapse swimlanes and columns, easy filters, splitting columns into sub-columns, expanding width of columns to be more than 1-card wide, etc. A lot of the clever visualization ideas I've seen in books like "Making Work Visible" and "Personal Kanban" are possible here that would be impossible or a nightmare to configure in other products I've tried.

Soumalya

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed July 2021

Kanban Board

Better than Leankit board or other project management tools on licensing and management perspective

PROS

Organized way of managing cards dedicated board and proper lanes More controlled way of Moving cards More scalability to add subtasks and metrics

CONS

Its not very intuitive in designing Should be more user centric on access level

More robust and scalable

Zaid

Computer Software, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2024

Best Kanban Tool

PROS

This is such a fantastic tool! Things are going really great so far. I use it for my work as a Delivery Manager to organize ERP Support cases. This is so far the best Kanban software that I have ever used.

CONS

The best thing about it is the simplicity, powerful embedded features, and time logging capabilities.

Education Management, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed April 2022

Excellent Tool for the Size

So far having used Jira for almost two decades, this tool is refreshing in its lightness and simplicity. This is not sacrificed in feature or function just overhead and noise which is appreciated. I find it very helpful for my own personal use and management of family and work projects in parallel to at work tools that are exclusive to enterprise tasks and hard to privatize.

PROS

I like that the interface is clean and fluid. The core features as compared with a much larger tool like Jira is there and functions equally well and, in some cases, better. The product is light, able to maintain a single interface without too many page changes taking you out of the element. It has potential for growth, but it doesn't try to replicate Jira which is a plus.

CONS

There isn't something that I don't like per se, just perhaps unable to test since I am on the free tier. The fact that they have a free tier is a plus. Some of the desired features lacking in free tier feel like they should be included. The function of some powerups are hard to understand as they are not explained. When you do activate them, it is not readily clear how they should work, better onboarding would be welcome. The right column where the calendar, recurring and postponed tasks are located are fixed in size and not fluid, so if you have more in one and less in others, you have a ton of wasted space.

Reason for choosing Kanban Tool

I like the best balance of feature and simplicity with the lightweight approach that fit my personal needs.

Trineka

Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Excellent

I can't believe how user friendly Kanban Tool is. We have used the physical Kanban board in the past, but using it online is great when one of us is offsite, we can easily check or add to our boards.

PROS

Having completed the Agile Foundation Course a few years ago, the Kanban Tool was a real find. It is quick, effective and good use of both our time. We have a quick 'stand-up' every day to look at the board and what each of us have added. We love the fact it is easy to move tasks around, add check lists, due dates and new boards and assign tasks to each other.

CONS

It may just be a feature I haven't discovered, but I would like to make the actual board wider across the page.

Reason for choosing Kanban Tool

We had completed the Agile Foundation course a couple of years ago and have introduced Kanban throughout the school to other teams. So discovering this online version was a real find!

Reasons for switching to Kanban Tool

Being a school, we were looking to cut costs and were very happy to find Kanban Tool.

Richard

Financial Services, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2022

Kanban Tool For Mortgage Brokerage

I have spent 6 months looking for a cost effective Kanban tool. I have tried multiple CRM systems and Kanban tools throughout all of which have appeared overly complex, daunting and off putting without ever really giving me what I need as a sole trader. Kanbans flexibility, affordable low monthly cost and system functionality is perfect for me as a mortgage broker. I would gladly (and have) recommended this to other colleagues in the industry.

PROS

Easy to Use Quick to Set up Reminders linked to email and outlook calendar Personalisation features allow this to meet the needs of my business Multiple Boards available Future dated reminders for product renewals can be set.

CONS

Email task reminders take you direct to the clients card however sometimes for a client I can have multiple tasks so having the email specific to the task that is due that day would save time reviewing your clients card to establish which task is due on that given day.

Ease of use. Ability to personalise cards ABility to have multiple boards Cost

Ryan

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2023

Ease of use and functionality

Overall positive so far. It provides me with the fundamental pieces that I need to implement Agile practices into my business to stay on top of things.

PROS

The initial setup was easy as I was looking for a simple Kanban tool that I could integrate into my business quickly and with little cost.

CONS

The navigation was less intuitive than I expected at first, but learning the flow was not difficult.

Reasons for switching to Kanban Tool

While I liked the Atlassian product line, at the time I was not using all the features and needed something slimmer and faster for just the Kanban board.

Mariano

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Flexible and intuitive tool

Use in combination with Todoist, combining it through Zapier. This way I have the best of both worlds and I manage the work using few resources.

PROS

Execute well the metaphor of physical panel on the wall with all the power of online tools.

CONS

It is necessary to be organized not to overturn too much information and that the boards do not become unmanageable.

Reason for choosing Kanban Tool

Because he lacks the tools to measure work.

Reasons for switching to Kanban Tool

Trello lacks the tools to measure the progress of the work.

Reviewed September 2022

Kanban

PROS

I love this software because I can take control yo my projects without forgets any tasks

CONS

At this moment I can't find something I don't like. Good software for sure

Reasons for switching to Kanban Tool

Collaboration and possibility to see in my phone

Luis

Computer & Network Security, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Pure Kanban

We were using other systems to track our projects, we tried several and our associates didn't identify themselves with any of them, we try it all, time managers, other online tools, none worked until we found out Kanban Tool, since the beginning we fell in love with the tool, they are tracking their work better than ever before, now they don't feel pressured or intimidated by the tools is easy simple take them seconds to track their work and overall we are happy campers.

PROS

The clean and intuitive user interface, it's really easy to feed and get information from the system, the personalization is great to, having your own domain, simplifies integration with internal systems, for us security is very important because we manage sensitive projects for our customers and Kanban Tool complies with our requirements like SSO, 2FA and user roles. The customization features are great too, you can start working with the system out of the box and once you are immerse in the daily activities you can customize the system to fit your needs it has lots of options at your disposal.

CONS

I think small business should have high quality options to start, it would be great that the free version had at least a 4 users for free, but well I understand is a business too

Reason for choosing Kanban Tool

We tried it and it had all we were looking for, like easy creating of tasks, drag and drop, colors, customizations, reminders, we can check from our desktop computers or mobile devices, calendar dependencies, customizations, etc., etc.

Reasons for switching to Kanban Tool

I wouldn't mention other brands because I think everyone is trying their best but for us Kanban Tool is exactly what we needed, easy, fast, neat, efficient.

Ibrahim

Business Supplies and Equipment, 201-500 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Kanban Tool Review

PROS

One of the most valuable aspects of Kanban Tool is the ability to have a consolidated view of everyone's tasks on a single board, which not only streamlines project management but also facilitates the efficient allocation of new tasks as needed. This centralized visibility promotes enhanced collaboration, enables better task prioritization, and simplifies the process of assigning new responsibilities to team members, ultimately contributing to improved productivity and project success.

CONS

While it's effective for task management and project tracking, it can be costly, challenging to access support, and has a steep learning curve.

Reviewed September 2021

A great tool for taking the lessons from the software development world into other domains.

PROS

When working as software development manager with multiple teams juggling many priorities and interruptions, I found the Kanban methodology extraordinarily beneficial in helping to organize multiple complex work streams. This affordable Kanban tool provides the same benefits for managing my personal affairs and volunteer organization commitments, by helping me easily break down often daunting/unpleasant epics into manageable chunks and defining the custom workflow I need to most effectively actually progress/accomplish them.

CONS

No shortcomings yet for my use but will update if I uncover any.

Reasons for switching to Kanban Tool

I wanted the benefits of a visual board.

Ran

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2018

Great tool to disseminate and monitor team tasks

great tool overall.

PROS

Kanban is used by many departments for tasks. We are able to track and disseminate tasks to team members and know were additional resources are needed. Very intuitive UI interface.

CONS

unable to sort tickets visually, search tool can be improved much more to do quick and more in depth search.

We highly recommend sorting cards by any chosen criteria, by right-clicking an empty space between cards in any column.

Replied November 2018

Anthony

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Immediate Visibility into my workflow

I was looking for a tool to create an actual view of my production environment and good flow metrics. In a very short period of time I have created a view that matches the flow of my work and is also able to adapt. The ability to create workstations for each phase of work and to subdivide those into working and waiting states has given me positive control of my orders. The ability to create swimlanes for expedited work and to visually highlight blockages makes it possible to better visualize the real state of our work.

PROS

Ability to have multiple tiers within a column that allows me to build out a real view of my process. Clarity of the view on screen to improve visibility of the process Potential to present the board on a larger screen in the workspace to provide live visibility of the state of work Initial reporting that provides basic metrics

CONS

I would like a little more reporting granularity so I can see and analyze times work spends sitting and show that in a graphical way. I would like a tighter restriction on WIP limits. It is present but not enforced.

Max

Management Consulting, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2022

A great tool to use as a freelance consultant

For me the best tool for simple use on a personal (or small team) basis.

PROS

Its very minimalistic design style and intuitive handling. It's very quickly and easily set up and doesn't take long to get used to. Can really recommend when trying to organize multiple personal/business projects. Best of all, it's free!

CONS

Adding and collaborating with other team members/customers on a board requires a premium subscription - but that's fair, i guess ;)

Reasons for switching to Kanban Tool

Usability. Design. Minimalism. Swimlanes.

Nathan

Civic & Social Organization, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2021

Kanban tool for keeping track of projects and developments

I use it to keep track of all my ongoing tasks. The flexibility of the cards and categories means that I can easily track requests that are ongoing, on pause, that require immediate action, etc.

PROS

I love that I can really customize the cards. This is the only tool that allowed me to create flexible cards that fit my varied uses.

CONS

I found that the android app was less polished than I would have liked, but I don't use it so it's not an issue for me.

Reason for choosing Kanban Tool

Ease of use and customization.

Charlotte

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Excellent on-the-go tool for working from home and in the office

PROS

Like a lot of people, I’ve been working from home more often, sometimes going into the office once or twice a week. I was fed up with lugging my several notebooks around with me. I also felt uninspired when I saw my untidy rushed squiggles on a page. My colleague introduced me to Kanban tool, and I’ve been using it ever since. My favourite feature is the checklist when it is on display! I love the satisfaction of ticking it off my list, whilst still being able to see my achievements.

CONS

I have the free version, which is great because it’s free. However a few things slightly annoy me. One being how different sized boxes don’t fit together seamlessly. Imagine a game of Tetris, each shape fits neatly against the other. This is the opposite unless all your boxes are the same size, and if you have varying sized checklists then this is impossible.

Jason

Internet, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2023

Elegant solution

PROS

One of the things I like about Kanban tool is it's default setup ,being minimalist. Any other features are added on so there's no automatic clutter.

CONS

I would prefer there to be an open color palette when it comes to labeling columns.

Edgar