Browse Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Reviews

shaik from Loyalty Methods

One of the best app which delivers secure Linux desktops and apps single management console for pc

Pros

The most good running and using tools in real time which can help usn getting connected to the cloud desktops almost all the enterprise application companies prefer to use this tool which make employees to connect to cloud desktop to work. It reduces the cost and increase efficiency on Microsoft azure. It has hdx technology for optimised.user expirence this is the reason the app.is available.on. mobile devices too. Provides virtual desktop to complete our business needs it is secure robust and collectivily cost less. It give employees.the freedom to work from any where while cutting IT costs

Cons

There is no least thing to speak about this. But when this opened in mobile its page seems.loading slow but due to some connectivity issues. and another thing a chnage required is the UI part that can be changed removing the un required options

Stefanos from Cloudmentors

Citrix VAD review

Has been a very productive and good learning experience to work with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops. I have deployed various versions and editions of the product since XenApp 6+ both in lab/POC as well as in production environments.

Pros

Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops is the leader is user desktop virtualization and desktop as a service (daas) services. It provides the ability for true hybrid architectures when combing on-prem with Citrix Cloud (cloud.com).

Cons

Installation is not supported on the Linux operating system. Would love to see Citrix expand their architecture to Linux as a host operating system for Citrix VAD.

Reasons for Choosing Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops

It offers the most features and is very versatile and best in performance and stability.

Simon from W Bruford Ltd

Every Day Another Challenge

In short, Citrix cannot please everyone, but the printer issues need to be addressed (you could be the first in the world!) and the internet issues need to be addressed. Our internet speed and signal is as good as it gets in our location, so we know we have the best chance of success there. Please make Citrix more understandable to the people who license its use and pay handsomely to do so. Thank you for making some of the issues transparent and therefore easier to report and fix .

Pros

This software looks good, is simple to use and I understand it. It is also very good at telling you what it is doing, even if it stalls or freezes. It is also easy to reset, which is a good thing as you can manage internet drop outs that may occur that you cannot blame on the operating system. So, in effect, very informative even when it encounters a crisis which is a really good and honest approach. I wish Windows was so honest in its approach.....

Cons

So I should first of all tell you that I use a MacBook Air and run Citrix on this every day. There is an obvious 'culture clash' here I feel. When I use Citrix to open a website that moves or animates in some way, such as www.rolex.com, which it is my job to use, it freezes every time. However, during various investigations with this error it has become apparent that even a still image can cause this. It then requires a total reboot to get rid of the frozen image. This does not happen with Safari when asking for the same image or site to be opened. Annoyingly, there is no error message displayed when this occurs so we never get to understand why. That said, when error messages occur for other reasons, the error message is either 'unknown' or a number that means nothing to the tech company we employ. I'm not trying to contradict my previous comments, this is a comment on the process of using the internet via Citrix to browse websites and not on the day to day running of our retail software which is pretty seamless. I should also talk about the seeming inability to run six printers in the business in a consistent way, these are ticket, receipt and document printers essential any retail showroom. We spend too much time reinstating these devices, but at least we know what to check every morning and how to deal with it as it happens so frequently! I am aware, however, that printers are the bane of every I.T provider on the planet!

Reasons for Switching to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops

Our I.T support company recommended it as it was open about reporting issues, which it is. It is better than the previous platform we used, but I cannot remember the name of it.

David from FTI Consulting

Citrix 7.x Virtual Apps and Desktops review

We are solving remote access issues due to the pandemic, but also for users to globally collaborate and share work loads. We are able to utilize a larger workforce to facilitate heavy client demands. We are also able to allow more employees the ability to work from home more effectively.

Pros

Multifactor authentication, secure remote access using Citrix Gateway, controlled access to Desktops, servers, and applications. It is an invaluable product for any Enterprise.

Cons

The LTSR products don't support all platforms, which makes is difficult to stay on the same version when OS platforms are replaced. If the Citrix workspace application could be more platform supportable instead of needing different versions, would make the client experience easier and more efficient.

Reasons for Choosing Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops

Best product on the market today. Citrix's support is outstanding.

Citrix Review

I have a total of 3 years of experience with Citrix Virtual Apps. and I love to use it because of the security the product is providing.

Pros

As we are working in the financial market and need to secure the finance/money of the customer who is using our application and we also have to deal with banks. So Client gives us the Citrix workspace/ virtual apps to connect their cloud/private servers to deploy the product and maintain them as well. Because Citrix provides us with a virtual private network to access the server and the only authorized person who has a password and multi-factor authentication code can use the server. Due to which the chance of hack is low.

Cons

Sometimes the plugins we are using to connect to the virtual network got crashed. Due to which we have to reinstall and configure the server configuration again.

Phani Venkata Sai from Wipro

Enterprise software for virtualization of Apps and Desktops

Its been a great experience over the years and the product keeps maturing over the day and supportability by major cloud providers and hypervisors makes it more favorable for enterprise to adopt the CVAD.

Pros

Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops formerly called as citrix XenApp and XenDesktop is an enterprise software for your organization's virtualization needs of apps and desktops in a simple and secure manner which is compatible with majority of the cloud providers like AWS, Azure and supports on-premise hypervisors like MS Hyper-v, VMware Esxi and Citrix Xenserver. Its easy to deploy and maintain with the help of VM management techniques like Citrix MCS and PVS. It becomes to easy to manage your server work loads and VDI workloads which supports a range of operating systems like WIndows server 2016/2019/2012 for hosted server desktop and application needs, Windows 10/7, linux VDI needs. Overall Citrix is a market leader for virtual apps and desktops based solution for enterprises.

Cons

Licensing costs are slightly on the higher side and frequent updates will make it tougher for enterprises to perform upgrades on a frequent basis.

sagar from ESDS Software Solution Pvt Ltd.

Virtualized your servers with Citrix

Overall is the best for virtualized your applications and desktop instead of going with physical Its and cost space effective and ease of access choose with minimum range product and serve you requirement

Pros

Citrix is the platform where you can do physical to virtual conversions. Citrix allows you to configure deployed the severs with end requirement Citrix is the platform where the customers can get their servers with less cost as compared to physical It allows you to perform failovers overs the host which helps you avoid downtime and provides a high SLA. best and recommended software for virtual desktops and application Instead of wasting the money on building, the physical application server virtualized your applications and virtualized your desktop which helps to runs with minimum hardware with maximum servers

Cons

Its have minimum features as compares to other virtualization platforms Citrix provides rare updates of features you can say that it's a static product.

Cost Effective Satisfied product for running essential infrasturcure

Edrick from Capgemini Philippines Corporation

This Software is a Great One!

My overall experience with this software is very nice. I have been using it for more than five years and I am satisfied with its features and functionality. I am confident that my files inside this software are secured and well-maintained.

Pros

What I like the most about this software is that it is user-friendly and I know that the virtual environment where my files for work are saved and accessed is secured.

Cons

What I think is the room for improvement is the technical issue where it sometimes closes on its own and the files are not auto-saved.

Johnathan from McDermott

Industry: Oil & Energy

Simplistic, but solid

Overall, I like Citrix. It enables me to login from anywhere, access whatever I need, and use apps that aren't on my computer itself. It's not perfect, but it's certainly useful.

Pros

I can access a bunch of server apps from anywhere. It's pretty easy to use, too.

Cons

Every so often, either the server or Citrix (not sure which) glitches and I have to refresh the apps or sometimes even restart the program. A minor inconvenience, though.

Emoniel from Medical Services

Citrix review

Good, would be better with desktop shortcut integration.

Pros

Once you log in, has easy access across its multiple applications. Has excellent customer support if problems arise.

Cons

I don't like having to open up the Citrix application interface in order to access a particular program shortcut that is already on my desktop. The shortcut should be seamlessly integrated with the user interface.

Josh from NTCG Inc.

Citrix created the concept of published applications

Very effective in delivering results to our clients.

Pros

Citrix is the gold standard for centralized application and desktop delivery to clients, regardless of client platform or deployment configuration.

Cons

Very high cost, requires a large infrastructure investment. High learning curve if you want to be a citrix engineer.

Daniel from City of North Battleford

Very good solution in large environments.

Works well for deploying hole desktop sessions or specific applications.

Pros

Citrix Xendesktop is a very reliable and feature rich software solution for medium to large environments. Very compatible with different hardware and environments. Can produce desktop sessions with very good performance.

Cons

This solution is not really suited for small deployments. Needs lots of administration. Needs specific training or skill set to administer.

Nice software, I've had good times with it

Pros

It's fast to set up and make it work in short time. It's fast, even with poor connections. It's also more reliable than terminal server, in my opinion.

Cons

The only con I can write of is about printers, I wasn't able to make them work (2 of them, quite old, but I hoped they would work)

Stephanie from Amerilodge Group

Citrix is a no go

Having access to all files from everyone within the company.

Pros

I like that everything is stored in their system because it would come in handy if your computer crashes.

Cons

It makes everything else crash and is difficult to use.

Reasons for Switching to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops

Company wide share access

Emre from FORD

Handy tool to access network computers

I use this product to access a Workstation when my laptop is not strong enough to open a cad file. It is a fast and easy interface. Through this product I don't need to carry a heavy computer on my backpack.

Pros

It makes it possible to use a strong computer by only carrying a small laptop.

Cons

I mostly use Vismockup and my setting are always resetted when I log out and log in again.

Shannon from Deloitte

Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop

Overall, everything is in one place but it can glitch and fail a lot

Pros

I like that Citrix allows me to add email, skype and virtual desktop. Its easy that everything is in one place.

Cons

The virtual desktop can take a long time to load, it also can fail frequently or requires a restart which then forces me to lose my work

Brad from McGowan Companies

Citrix Could be better

Pros

The fact that you can use central apps across the country. easy for users to access the apps on a tablet

Cons

Its slow, Constantly crashes and the resolution tends to mess up all the time. Would be way better if they could consolidate their features and products into a better format

Leah from Endeavor Financial Coaching, LLC

Effective Virtual Desktop

Pros

Stable desktop environment. Appreciate the ease of use.

Cons

No complaints to mention about Citrix VDI