Browse Microsoft Azure Reviews

Daniel from Dawn Till Dusk Tek

AWS who?.....

Spinning up virtual environments and hosting software for clients and we use cold and hot storage for clients servers and backs with azure as they offer some of the best storage rates as compared to AWS. We can also spin up virtual domain and active directories for our clients to remove the heat and maintenance from small facilities on the edge of their environment that might not have a dedicated space for IT. Allowing us to now only offsite the IT but also the infrastructure.

Pros

I have found the best use for Azure is to off site the IT hardware for infrastructure, So now IT can not only have the team off site but now that off site team doesn't have to worry about the servers being touched by employees messing around in the network closets.Allowing entire companies to be managed off site.

Cons

Price on VMs, non transparent price, ease to setup redundancy...

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Azure

Being that it is Microsoft it never closes and the people on the Azure team are always willing to help, and since it is Microsoft its almost like you have built in OS support. You can have most of your support in one location and but support contracts from one vendor.

RODRIGO from Dapa Sistemas Ltda

Great tools, stable server

I have been using it for several years, in our company we have several customer projects on Azure, especially in ASP.NET. There is a certain latency that is a little too great between the data server and the application server, when it uses a SQL Server base (much higher than in your traditional hosting provider). We miss a simple button to install Lets Encrypt on websites, everything is manual. For backup we use competitor G which is much cheaper. Our customers really like application stability and response time.

Pros

The best thing about Azure is flexibility, you can put a lot of projects there, in different languages and technologies. If you use .NET it becomes even easier, as it has several integrations in native components, including the development IDE.

Cons

Mainly the price. In Brazil, being charged on a dollar basis is very expensive, it is difficult to pass this on to the customer. The recent 21% readjustment was abusive. It also fails to deliver simple ways to perform trivial tasks: you suffer if you want to create a simple backup of your website or database. Leaving the trivial, the technical bureaucracy is enormous.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Azure

The fact that it fits well with any type of project, and the familiarity with the use of .NET technology, especially the legacy of Framework 4.x. We use SQL Server a lot too. Competitors are very focused on Linux technologies, and add higher Windows license cost to servers and hosting.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Azure

Especially trust, and the fact that you can do everything without relying on any technical support. We can allocate servers and VMs to test applications and then destroy everything without anyone asking questions.

Cloud at its best!!!!!

Great experience as it provides a solid foundation for hosting test and prod environments.

Pros

The ability to get information on consumption, project usage, and scale up or down in terms of usage.

Cons

Sometimes the admin navigation is a little confusing at first but once you get accustomed to it, its works

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Azure

The ability to have a congruent and reliable (from the reports and stats) foundation to base our products, the majority being Microsoft related was the big factor here.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Azure

We were looking for a one-system approach and Azure provided such.

Esra from V-Count

Azure has a long way to go

Azure is developing itself continuously and I believe it will be better in the future.

Pros

I gave 5 stars to its features and functionality because Azure really tries hard to stay competitive in the market and it has most of the features that a cloud provider should offer. We use Azure to provide our services to our customers that work with Microsoft. What I like the most about Azure is its AI tools. Azure is really successful when it comes to machine learning.

Cons

I will be a little bit cruel about Customer Support and Ease of Use. We work with Azure as CSP partners. One day we had a problem with one of our servers and I couldn't even reach to support team to get help. Later I learned that since we are CSP partners we cannot directly get in touch with Azure team. Instead we should contact our local dealer to get support. It is tiring to involve bureaucracy to IT when all I wanted was to mount a disk to another server. Be very careful when you test the servers. You will be charged for a full hour even if you keep the server alive for 5 minutes. If you do not want to delete a resource accidentally you must lock it. I learned this lock feature from our local distributor but Azure should force you to take such cautions by putting the option directly to the interface. Maybe a little checkbox saying "Do you want to lock your resource?" would be nice. The interface should be more user friendly. It is really complicated for the beginners. The partial windows that open in each step is confusing. It will be easier without the split structure.

Richard from Thermo Fisher Scientific

Great Virtual Machine to allow colleague access to documents

Pros

I use Azure to allow colleagues to access files and data obtained at work. It's beneficial in that it allows me to separate what I want to share, and what I don't.

Cons

Azure takes up quite a large amount of memory.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Azure

Azure was preinstalled on my work computer and it's what my colleagues use.

Jinal from BookMyShow

The service provided by Azure is priceless!

Intuitive and easy to use. You do not have problems uploading files. the convenience of being able to store very large files in multiple gigabytes is great. An affordable, reliable product.I love that it provides easy access to everything we keep. My experience with Azure is great.

Pros

Its design is pleasant and intuitive. It is easy to use and is a reliable great tool for my cloud storage needs. I like that it is easy to store all kinds of data and data drop extensions. It is truly an excellent online storage program. It allows the sharing of large videos and graphics, which are difficult to send by e-mail, thanks to this feature, it perfectly supports the workflow and contributes to the improvement of our business process. the pleasure of sharing important content such as videos and graphics that I want to share in a comfortable, fast and secure way without any restrictions is invaluable. It is also great at having unlimited data and analysis features. Azure enables us to turn our ideas into solutions by enabling us to see insight, unparalleled scale and price / performance ratio in a short time in the cloud created for data and analysis.

Cons

I haven't had any bad experience with Azure, I am very satisfied.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Azure

Azure was more cost effective compared to the performance it showed to the service it provided.

Gabriel from EvolutionAMT

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Excellent Cloud Plataform for Visual Studio users

I think is a great product, all is available in one place. It is integrated with external basic tools like emails and many of them are free with some limits. Deploy a new version of a service in a new environment is really quick. Azure is really competitive in terms of cost in windows or other plataforms. In my case which I mainly work with MS Visual Studio I would recommed it over the others.

Pros

As a Visual Studio developer it easy to create a service or project from visual studio and deploy to azure. It offers a free tier to test the best option to implement a service or application. We have access to detailed management cost analysis tool that includes budget alerts as a way to monitor the cost of the services. For a beginner I think that is easier to use than AWS or Google. Experts can customize all features of each service and follow service recommendations. Azure has an exceptional service called Application Insights which brings all information about performance, errors and use. Related services are fully integrated and ready to use as soon is deployed. i.e. A SQL Azure database from a web application. High availability, we have never had an issue related to the service.

Cons

Azure requires at least a basic management for each service. For basic users that are starting to use it there could be an even simple service configuration and options available UI. Something like Basic or Experts configuration. Because of the huge list of available settings and options sometimes it is hard to find what the user wants. Basic and free tiers could have some limitations with the access to some specific functionalities like for instance GDI to create reports.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Azure

Azure has a service called Web Apps based on .Net (or others) which can be quickly and easly managed. The service can be scaled based on requirements or automatically.

Nasrullah from Seib Insurance

Ease of Access and better Service

So far its very ease of use with detailed azure dashboard, subscribing for services and monitoring the services are detailed with better statistic reports

Pros

Azure database which helps us store data on cloud, using visual studio is the best way to connect to the azure database.

Cons

Cost is little higher when comparing the pricing with Azure and other services for startup companies.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Azure

Comparing to amazon, Azure was really easy to manage for a beginner.

Brian from Stoughton Utilities

Industry: Utilities

Inexpensive storage solution used for cold storage of backup archives

Our overall experience has been very positive. We were able to get setup quickly, and have not had much need to adjust any of our initial configuration choices. We expect to further our use of the various cloud offerings within Azure to continue to shift resources to the cloud to increase our enterprise reliability and secured access to remote storage.

Pros

Setting up the storage account and allocating the resources for our storage requirements was simple and straightforward. Azure uses pretty standard naming references, which made setup easy without needing a glossary of proprietary product names. The cost is very competitive, and made choosing to go with Azure an easy decision.

Cons

The administrator interface is very thorough but doesn't allow for much customization, which results in a very cluttered dashboard, requiring numerous clicks to drill down to commonly viewed information and settings.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Azure

Pricing was the primary reason. Not only was Azure more cost competitive for our need, but pricing was also more straightforward and we were less unsure of the accuracy of our cost estimate than we were with AWS.

Parkavi from WSO2 (PVT) Ltd

Industry: Program Development

An excellent platform for cloud computing

Pros

Most servers are managed by azure in my working place. Deployments are very easy and quick.

Cons

The pricing is too expensive and should be controlled properly.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Azure

Since the end user switched to Azure, we had to switch from Google cloud services to Azure

Azure is the best cloud service provider there is. Very reliable and secure.

Overall Microsoft Azure has been excellent. Migrating from onsite solutions to Microsoft Azure had been the best decision my company has made. Azure has proven to be faster, more efficient and secure than our former onsite set up.

Pros

Azure totally bests onsite solutions when it comes to deployment speed and speed of scalability. This is what motivated my companies decision to move from onsite to cloud. The most powerful feature that has been a game changer for my company is Azure VM(Virtual Machines). My team and I were able to create our own customised virtual machines very easily and in a matter of minutes. All we had to do was define an operating system, language, workload and almost instantly we had our virtual machine up and running ready for use. A process that would have taken at least a week with on-site solutions was done in minutes. This has greatly improved my team's productivity as we now have the ability to switch between Linux/Windows on the same machine, with a different set of tools and apps. We can now experiment, develop, test and get feedback much faster than before. Also, with services like Azure Autoscale we are able to dynamically scale applications to meed changing demand based on certain metrics. My team forecasted that traffic was going to increase exponentially in the following week and we were able to easily add 5 more virtual machines to handle the load.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about Azure's functionality performance or reliability it has been excellent. However I do have a problem with Azures somewhat clunky and chaotic interface. I would prefer a more refined and easy to navigate interface. Also a clear and transparent pricing system is needed to enable us users determine how much a particular addition will cost instead of having to "guess" a little.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Azure

Ease of use and cost effectiveness.

The total cloud solution for medium to large companies

We implemented an API Microservice architecture. After the initial implementation we thought it was really fast to implement. But after a year or so, the same problem arises that always arises: development halts or gets complicated, solving small bugs becomes a daily task. From then on only one thing matters: find the bug within 5 seconds, while the "customer" (or reporter) is on the other end of the telephone line. And from then on, azure shows it's chaotic head. What queue is used by this function through what API Manager API, and who else uses this? We try to solve this by documenting everything (and its relation to anything else) in a documentation environment (not azure).

Pros

It can do so many things... after 2 years of using this product I think I still haven't touched half of what's possible. It makes creating API's, flows, queues, logging a lot easier, since the boring stuff (maintaining the tools that allows that functionality) is taken care of. Also, the support is great. There are many learning paths and they're all very easy to follow.

Cons

Azure is very chaotic. A cloud solution almost always incorporates some kind of API environment. For an API environment it's really important that it follows some kind of domain driven architecture. After creating hundreds of API's, you really want to be able to categorize the API's according to your organization's enterprise domain architecture, otherwise it gets really hqrd to search through hundreds of API's to find the one to work on. Every API is then dependent on many other things, like queues, gateways, API Manager, other functions, flows etc. And they're all configured "vertically": there is your "resource group", and under this you'll find all queues, all functions, all gateways, all everything. Now, of course it's possible to create resource groups in a modular way, following the domain architecture of your organization. But things cost money! A lot of money. So for instance, if you want to group all API's and queues etc that belong to, say, your "sales" domain, and want to have the same organization for, say, the "HR" domain, you'll need to add two gateways, two API Managers, two this, two that. And they all cost money. In the end, when costs need to be limited, you'll end up with very (too large) resource groups that contain so many different concepts and domains, that it's almost impossible to quickly find your way around.

Prince from T-Mobile

The New Way to Develop, Deploy, and Maintain

I honestly really like it. In the beginning (as with anyone) I found myself constantly wanting to go back to Pivotal or VM Ware's suite of tools and software but after learning what Azure can do and getting comfortable with it, its not so bad. Learning shortcuts and tricks makes a big difference in speeding up your tasks so I highly recommend learning how the folks at Microsoft utilize Azure as they know all the tips and tricks. Other than that, its sturdy, reliable, and its reaching its "One-stop shop" capabilities as I learn more and continue using it.

Pros

Microsoft went all out to develop the one-stop shop for enterprise development. Azure has everything you need to succeed when it comes to development, deploying, staging, maintaining, and monitoring. Microsoft has gone the extra mile to make sure all steps have their own respective software or portal to ensure maximum fluid integration. When it all works, it works very very well. You won't be needing to go out and find additional software to what they're offering because they have thought everything through. On the other end however, sometimes we have our own preferences so Microsoft has made sure that Azure is adaptable to 3rd party applications, software, plugins, pretty much the whole nine-yards. They even play nice with some of the competing software they created this whole suite for. In essence, Microsoft is making sure this is the software for anyone's use. Of course the same is supported with countless and invaluable tutorials, courses, and forums to ensure your success using Azure.

Cons

When something did break, Microsoft's support is slow at best. No matter what the urgency, it always took an extra push or kick to really get Microsoft's attention. Regardless of the severity of any issue found, I believe that Microsoft should really look into understanding their client's impact and not just determine severity based on their outlook (no pun intended). Azure overall is great and this is really the only significant issue I have found. Also, the Azure suite is nothing you can learn over night but given the amount of features and capabilities, it may take some time to learn it all. I will say that it is similar to other tools and software used in the same field so it makes it easier but if you want to use its true potential, it will still take time to learn.

Corporate Decision

Great software!

Turning up virtual conditions and facilitating programming for customers and we utilize cold and hot stockpiling for customers servers and backs with sky blue as they offer probably the best stockpiling rates when contrasted with AWS. We can likewise turn up virtual area and dynamic indexes for our customers to expel the warmth and upkeep from little offices on the edge of their condition that probably won't have a committed space for IT. Permitting us to now just offsite the IT yet in addition the foundation.

Pros

I have discovered the best use for Azure is to off site the IT equipment for framework, So now IT can have the group off site as well as now that off site group doesn't need to stress over the servers being moved by workers messing around in the system closets.Allowing whole organizations to be overseen off site.

Cons

Lacking options for life cycle management. - Some of the capacities just work in the great gateway. The unwavering quality of the administrations relies upon the innovative and monetary limit of the suppliers of administrations in the cloud. The data of the organization must experience various hubs to arrive at its goal, every one of them (and its channels) are a wellspring of frailty. The centralization of the applications and the capacity of the information begins an association of the specialist co-ops. It is valuable in the event that you are inexperienced with Azure to take an internet instructional class that will take you far to ace it and increment your trust in the item. It will in general use assets and when the VM goes down it is moderate and freezes. the dashboard configuration is confounding AF, it is hard to discover things. You pay the help, or send them a tweet and cross your fingers. Charging is confounding, particularly toward the start, and it is difficult to gauge costs without seeing the utilization of a whole application/site. foundation as an assistance permits me to save time and assets up to that point to keep up its own framework, safety efforts are past the scope of most organizations, security guidelines give clients the certainty that their information will be completely ensured. The help was deficient (my experience of 1 of every year and a half was extremely baffling). In rundown, paying little heed to what the framework lets you know, on the of

Tim from DeGarmo

A powerful platform with tons of options but a confusing interface and unclear pricing

Pros

There are a ton of amazing points about Azure. The ease of which you can spool up new websites, databases, or even entire virtual machines is incredible. You can do in minutes what would take you hours to do on site. Setting up communication between resources is also quite easy. Inside each installed item (website, VM, SQL Server, etc.), there will be options that you can configure. These options make it very easy to quickly configure your resources in a way that is best. Not sure what you should do for setup? No problem. There are usually only a few pages of options, so it is easy enough to click through each page and read them (and their associated help). That allows for a much better experience for even novice Azure users.

Cons

I like Azure a lot, but there are definitely some big areas for improvement. The biggest, I think, is a very clear and transparent pricing system. It is very difficult to figure out what a certain addition will do to impact your monthly pricing. You have to guess a bit at what you think will happen and where you think you are at overall to figure out if you can afford to add another resource. That's not the way it should be. The interface leave a lot to be desired as well. They just updated it, but it actually added to the confusion. There are so many boxes and flyouts to navigate, it gets hard to figure out what resources you are already using. I would like to see a very clear "this is what you have" system, especially when new resources can use the existing resources. For example, you can set up a VM to host your websites. Cool. However, that VM is a special one and it is hard to find to configure. Also, it is hard to figure out if it would be ok to add another website to it or not (is it pegged out or is there some wiggle room to add more load?). Like I said, I like Azure. There is just room to make it better.

Ashish from Legalxgen Software Solution Pvt Ltd

Can't imagine to run our Business without Azure

It's a wonderful experience using Azure. Being an startup we're able to host and manage a complex Enterprise Level business solution without any server administrator. We would not have been able to manage our product without Azure.

Pros

1. Intuitive and Fast Interface. 2. Everything possible with Azure. 3. Most Reasonable platform. 4. Multiple Technology Stack makes the life easy. 5. Ultimate Performance 6. Great analytics from usage to pricing level.

Cons

Microsoft keep on engineering and inventing the platform periodically. Whatever we think is missing is present in the immediate releases.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Azure

Easy to use and cost-effectiveness.

Deploy workloads and sync/ integrate seamlessly within Microsoft Ecosystem with Microsoft Azure

Overall, our organization heavily rely on Microsoft applications and therefore, Microsoft Azure being part of that ecosystem, and further enriching the whole experience by seamlessly integrations and connectivity, makes Microsft Azure services the best fit. Also, reliability is one of the most important characteristics, which is heavily looked over by large scale organizations. Since this platform is backed with huge reliability, Microsoft Azure becomes the choice of many large scale companies.

Pros

1. Reliability: is one of the major advantages of Microsoft Azure. Since it is a platform built by one of the industry pioneers, anyone can blindly rely on the fact that Microsoft Azure is one of the best in case of reliability. 2. Huge variety of managed services are available to choose from, which would provide almost any service as a managed service on this platform. 3. The model - Pay what and when you use, is one of the most attractive features of these services. From small scale to large scale companies are attracted, solely because of this feature-set, which is only available in cloud-based service like Microsoft Azure.

Cons

1. Complex User Interface: is by far my top concern while using this platform. Although, the platform is capable of doing so much, however, the placement of feature-sets is not appropriately done. The UI of the platform could be made a little bit more user friendly, which would enhance the user experience, immensely. 2. Better cache services: can reduce laggy-ness in the platform for the users who are not connected with very stable internet connections.

Juan Carlos from autónomo

Experiencia con Microsoft Azure

mi experiencia a sido satisfactoria en mi caso debido a que Azure se puede adaptar fácilmente a los requisitos de rendimiento y utilización de cada empresa, ya sea una empresa local o una empresa con oficinas en diferentes países / regiones. Le permite concentrarse en los objetivos comerciales sin tener que pensar en la infraestructura que respalda el proceso. Además, desde el punto de vista del usuario, siempre obtendrás una buena experiencia, independientemente de la ubicación. su inicio de sesión seguro me permite acceder sin problema y sobre todo sin preocupaciones a mis plataformas.

Pros

Microsoft Azure. La plataforma es muy profesional y requiere buenos conocimientos técnicos, su período de uso gratuito es de un año y solo hay que pagar por ella. Durante las últimas tres décadas, debido a las obvias ventajas de Microsoft en el campo de la informática empresarial, Microsoft se está poniendo al día rápidamente. Tu trabajo es relativamente fácil. Además de proporcionar sitios de recuperación, importación y exportación, y copia de seguridad de Azure, Microsoft Azure también proporciona: Almacenamiento de bloques de blobs y almacenamiento de tablas, colas y archivos. Proporciona flexibilidad para usar Azure Blob para almacenar y recuperar grandes cantidades de datos no estructurados, como documentos y archivos multimedia. Azure Storage puede satisfacer sus crecientes necesidades de datos y cada cuenta puede almacenar hasta 500 TB de espacio total de almacenamiento. Una sola suscripción admite hasta 50 cuentas de almacenamiento, que pueden proporcionar PB de espacio de almacenamiento para los planes de mayor escala. Si está creando grandes sitios para consumidores o aplicaciones de datos, Azure tiene como objetivo resolver este problema. Azure Storage copiará automáticamente sus datos para ayudar a prevenir fallas inesperadas y brindarle la confianza de que estarán disponibles cuando los necesite. Se guardan tres copias de los datos en una sola área. La opción de redundancia geográfica puede crear tres copias adicionales a cientos de kilómetros de distancia.

Cons

Requiere tener experiencia en las plataformas un error simple podria generar problemas.

Microsoft Azure - Provides us the best cloud experience right now!!!!

We work for health care across the globe , For us it is well suited fpr moving single use servers to the cloud.We were able to quickly replicate some of our servers and move their functionalities to the new azure hosted servers.Core and Advanced ADC functionalities helps us serve us customers better. Supports bigger platforms. We chose Azure as we pay only for what we use, certain applications were used rarely to produce reports but we had to pay a hefty amount. The accessibility of software and flexibility is good. Lot of features we havent explored yet. Good product and we are happy adopting it.

Pros

1. Easy integration with other microsoft products. Easy installation and use. 2. It is very user friendly and provides user friendly options for data capture and analysis. 3. Lot of options and variety of capabilities. 4. Market of Azure is growing very rapidly, the PaaS offerings are evolving and rapidly maturing. 5. Supports the current infrastructure of our company. 6. Pay only for the resources strategy helps and support our company in a big way. 7. Security management on microsoft Azure is good. 8. Cloud computing is the best feature and its virtual environment on the market is stand out. 9. Database administration is made simple and easy. 10. Less cost with high performance.

Cons

1. Monitoring the spend and billing rates are always are headache. 2.Backup and restoration process take a little bit of time. 3. User interface works slowly on firefox browsers. 4. Support and service center support should be more responsive.

Tyler from Meridix

Reliable cloud for mission critical applications

Azure has helped us grow tremendously while minimizing maintenance, upkeep, and other non value-add activities.

Pros

Azure has been a stable and reliable cloud platform within which we have based all of our mission critical applications. The breadth of offerings is on par with any other competitor, and we have not found a situation yet where we've had to look elsewhere for a particular product. Interfaces and APIs for working with Azure resources are easy to use and intuitive. We also applaud Microsoft's embracing of open source software, particularly Linux environments. Inevitable brief downtime periods (all major clouds have this) have been addressed swiftly and transparently.

Cons

Support at the basic levels is poor to non-existent, must upgrade to a high level support plan to get any competent support within a reasonable timeframe. While infrequent, a few service outages we have seen lasted more than a few hours.

Carlos David from Sii Polska

A Competitive Cloud Provider

I've been using Microsfot Azure since last 6+ years and I am still convinced that it is the best cloud services solution available in the market. Compared to GCP and AWS it offers a good balance between cost and benefits.

Pros

Microsoft Azure has many features, but perhaps one of the things that I find most valuable it is how easy to use is the Azure Portal. Compared to Google Cloud or AWS , Azure portal is intuitive and you can deploy resources in a nutshell. There are a vast number of resources from which you can select the ones that fit your needs. You can quickly deploy Linux or Windows Servers, VPN services, Load Balancers, API Gateway, and so on...

Cons

One important feature that it is missing, is an improvement in the Azure Calculator that allow you to effectively calculate your monthly costs. It tends to be quite difficult to do an accurate estimate of prices.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Azure

I was already familiar with Azure and already had several resources deployed there as part of the Microsoft Bizpark program. It seemed to be the right choice to keep using Azure over other cloud providers.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Azure

I had the opportunity to take part of a program called Microsoft Bizpark which basically allowed to access Azure credits for 3 years, after I graduated from the program, I continued using Microsoft Azure as my main cloud provider.

Best Cloud platform for digital transformation

Overall it is a easy to start Cloud platform. Developers can develop lot of intelligent solutions using Azure services.

Pros

Azure is very simple to use. The user friendly interfaces and lots of tutorials available to get lots of benefit from Azure. Currently Azure provides more than 100 services.

Cons

It is changing very quickly, sometimes adopting the change is difficult .

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Azure

Azure has more services and enterprise focus .

Ebrahim from SCS Africa

Game and Life Changer

Aside from the worry about data centers going down, I have absolutely no problems with Azure and my experience has been amazing and very educational.

Pros

Azure has certainly changed the way I look at platform hosting, as well as app availability. Before Azure, it was a real pain to plan deployments of both new and updates to the web. From the setting up of IIS, to the configuring of firewalls and everything in between, it was always on of my most dreaded tasks. With Azure, everything is central and easily managed. I can spin up new apps, update existing apps, scale up or down on resources, and the list just goes on. I think back to the days of having to coordinate with so many people for hardware, software, networks and even a simple server reboot was something that was always a big concern. So many cool features, from basic to "I don't know yet, but I am excited to find out", Azure has made life so easy for myself and our company.

Cons

When a data center goes down, it is a mission to get your databases going. The app side is okay, but SQL on Azure becomes a huge challenge. There are tools to make life easier for DR scenarios, but they are pricey and through research so far, I found that even having a combination of the available options in place, still will not guarantee a hassle-free way of keeping your databases available.

Vennah from VEMA LOGISTICS

Reliable,Cost effective and secure Cloud service Platform

It has been a good experience using Azure. The biggest problem solved by Azure is that of limited storage by providing us with more data centers.

Pros

Microsoft Azure is flexible and scalable in that an organization can adjust capacity as it grows and depending on the organization's capacity needs. The fact that Azure has secure private connections,it allows intergration with the organization's existing IT environment. In this case the organization needs not to choose between the existing data center and the cloud. Azure has unique storage. This means that it provides more data centers which in turn makes data storage and transfer fast and reliable. Another outstanding feature that Azure possesses is that of creating VMs. The process is easy and takes little time.

Cons

Azure interface is more of a developer interface though it has no problem appearing that way.Its appearance does not affect its functionality.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Azure

Azure gives us ample storage for our files.

Alex from Department for International Trade (DIT)

Not a great microsoft fan, happy customer regardless

Azure has helped us sustain operations and scale over the years in multiple projects. It is a great offering that can help any business from startup to large enterprises build and grow together.

Pros

I have been using Microsoft Azure for the past 5+ years. I was never a big Microsoft fan, having dropped Windows for Linux/Mac for more than 15 years already. At first I was sceptical as to how can a company with its own technologies thrive in a space dominated by Unix based systems. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that in terms of services offered by Azure you miss very few as compared to Amazon cloud and gain much compared to Google's cloud offering. Command line tools support is on par with what an experienced developer would expect, the line of offering for different services is amazing and ever expanding and the customer support is there when you need it. All in all I would recommend Azure services to any developer that is looking to start developing in the cloud or even needs to develop in multiple clouds for high availability purposes.

Cons

The one thing that Microsoft can improve on Azure is transparency in pricing. There are times when I'm trying to evaluate cost between different clouds and it's more complex to figure out how much our usage would cost on Azure as opposed to AWS.

Denis from DBI

MS Azure go to the cloud.

We're using cloud IaaS solution by having infrastructure in the cloud. Us don't need to keep our own hardware and upgrade it. We pay only for resource We use.

Pros

MS Azure provides multiple services for any area of your business. You can chose degree of how you will control of your infrastructure by choosing from IaaS, Paas, SaaS. In recent time most popular Azure's set of tools for business - OMS, which includes such services like Log Analytics for monitoring and analyzing of your infrastructure, Automation Service to automate your routine tasks, Azure backup to do backups in preferred places, Azure site recovery - for fast recovery your infrastructure in another pace, Security service to help you identify, assess, and mitigate security risks to your infrastructure. You can use mentioned above services to implement as hybrid scenarios or completely migrate to the cloud. The main advantage of the MS Azure You don't need to keep your own hardware and upgrade it and depending on your requirements you can choose your degree of involvement by using from IaaS, Paas, SaaS. In general MS Azure helps to save your money and time.

Cons

Azure features and services get outdated so fast and it is hard to be in trend, something that you know today can be changed tomorrow and looks and managed in different way. Need to remember so many settings and they can be located very deep in some services.

Nasir from AP

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Complete cloud platform

We have been using azure cloud for almost 5 years and I must say it never let us down although it took us some time to take most out of it in-terms of performance and cost but once streamlined it saved us huge amount of administrative effort as well as cost. We have used variety of cloud products and services to date including VMs, web apps, databases, server less compute, storage etc and managing everything at one platform is really a great advantage as compared to on premises or dedicated servers.

Pros

Huge range of cloud products and services Cost effective as cloud model is based on Opex operational expenditure rather than Capex. Loads of things to experiment and trial before switching to cloud from on premises. No administration headache. Backups and recoveries are really great Application insights and billing tools are awesome They have data centres all over the world which helps in reduced latency. Streamlined dev ops, once configured, just click and release Easy to learn and navigate UI Free credits for new comers so good place for learners Along with UI interface, Azure Power shell and CLI command lines

Cons

Mobile app for azure doesn’t have much UI controls although command lines are still available. Several app metrics are hard to understand

Having Lot Of Service Region

Pros

we can find a any infrastructure service in variance region and variance size depend on our requirement also having multiple services like AKS,File services,Register Service comparing other vendors cost little bit higher

Cons

Technical support service not reliable sometimes

Best hybrid cloud

We love it. We have several CI/CD pipelines in visual studio to automate and manage our environments. It has an excellent support for CLI so that infrastructure as code possible.

Pros

It is easy to use even for non-developers. It has both command line and dashboard access to cloud resources. Best in class support. It works great with in-prem and in cloud apps with a seamless integration. Their advisor tool works great to mitigate issues with security and under utilized resources.

Cons

Some areas of cloud offerings could be be better. Hard disk management is not as matured as AWS. Frequent crashing of VMs causes disk corruption. Managed database services like cosmos, mysql and postgresql are expensive.

We got accepted in to MS BizSpark program

Rich from Quicken Loans

Using Azure for managing work

For those working on large scale, intricate projects, better and more robust than Jira for work tracking, backlog refinement.

Pros

The layout of the backlog or sprints. It's nice to see the options of adding columns to see tags, iteration path, who the story is assigned to etc., I can easily email or download from each query. The navigation for overview, work items etc. is laid out very well, when switching between sprints, backlog, repos, pipelines artifacts.

Cons

The navigation/movement between teams, projects and other hugher level items is a bit clunky; you choose from drop downs. Yes, you can mark them as favorites, but then your list of favorites grows.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Azure

Enterprise decision to get everyone on the same platform

Reliable and Cost Effective Cloud Solution

Pros

Configuration of Azure is straightforward and intuitive, and It is easy to integrate with the Azure ecosystem. There is no difficulty in recovering the data from the data center since it was accidentally deleted. The migration tools provide us with the detailed information on the features, specifications, and costs associated with the cloud migration process. Furthermore, it provides a secure method of sharing files.

Cons

It was hard to use NLP and machine learning components due to unclear documentation and training materials. The automated deployment templates will require further customization and will not meet all of our needs and additional learning is necessary to uncover these areas.

Great cloud computing platform with a wide variety of options to fit very broad needs

The product has been fantastic, the customer service a little underwhelming but not enough for us to ditch the product. It has become ingrained into our workflow and we love using it.

Pros

Azure has a wide offering when it comes to how a dev team would like to customize their product and push computing up into the cloud. It takes the burden off of the dev to have to manage their IT infrastructure. We previously contracted out our IT needs to another company who would often take anywhere between 3-6 months to get a server set up for us. With Azure we can do it in one day. I don't know why it took us so long to switch. We are currently using Azure Functions (Great product), Azure Service Bus, Azure Web Apps, and Azure Logic Apps. All of these products have been working well to fit our needs and have fit great with our team as we can keep the code locally in source control. We've also been able to configure our Functions and Logic Apps in a CD/CI pipeline to speed up development and releases.

Cons

Azure is amazing and has a wide variety but boy is there a learning curve. There is so much to offer and so much to do that the beginning user tends to feel VERY overwhelmed. I wish Microsoft did a better job at bringing people in gradually and had support that felt easy to interact with. This definitely is the biggest pitfall.

Adithya from SAP

Tough Competitor to AWS and Google Cloud - Best in terms of Cost, APIs and easy to use !

Pros

* Provides many machine learning / AI API specific services like voice recognition, voice identification, etc which helps to develop or incorporate AI features in our application easily without the need for a dedicated team having expertise in these machine learning areas. * Value for money - Get more resources at same cost compared to alternatives. * Transparent pricing which helps to predict the monthly costs. * Very easy to set up new servers and enable scalability to accommodate huge influx of traffic. * Dedicated support available and many sessions are conducted to educate the users. * A must cloud service provided if you want windows based machines as these guys are expert in giving a well optimized windows machine. * Generous free credits available for first time users.

Cons

* The console/dashboard is little cluttered and can be overwhelming for some users. * System admins who are used to work in other platforms will take some time to adjust to Azure environment. * Too many choices available to achieve the same purpose which can can cause confusion ( Paradox of choices)

Clouding at its Peak

My company has several client projects on Microsoft azure and for a couple of years now, it has been a very great experience. I love its hosting capability and for being a stable application.

Pros

I'm actually very impressed with this application, its very user friendly and secure. It has different integrations and multiple options for languages, I mostly love its ability to acquire information on consumption.

Cons

Sometimes, navigating through the admin can be very tricky for a new user. It is a little bit more expensive when compared with other softwares and this is a software that doesn't really buffer simple solutions to highly technical problems. It is still my best choice so far.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Azure

The Tech support is nasty, you at left alone to sort out your issues even after repeated calls for assistance.

Pierre Louis from Psihaiti

Great Cloud service

Overall it is a great cloud platform for small, medium and large enterprises...for example it can help reduce cost by running servers on the cloud only when you need them and pay only for what you use....to test applications...instead of buying physical hardware.

Pros

This system helps to create and manage a complete IT infrastructure and software in the cloud...from virtual machines, network, databases, applications,...

Cons

If you would like to automate your infrastructure, some options can be configured only by using command line like power shell, bash, ....

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Azure

Easy integration with our system on premise

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Azure

To reduce cost, increase agility and availability

Microsoft Azure offers so many advanced cloud services for your business

By migrating multiple datacenters to Microsoft Azure, I was able to achieve a significant return on instance in a very short period of time.

Pros

Microsoft Azure not only offers so many advanced features for your business such as cloud services, analytics, detailed security information, compliance,etc. It truly is the leader in the cloud space.

Cons

While Microsoft Azure truly is the leader in the cloud space, we do find a few challenges when trying to integrate Linux systems into the environment. They do run fine but lack the advanced features compared to GCP.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Azure

Superior product compared to the other cloud providers.

Kevin from Amadeus

Full Of Features, Speed and Stability

It's hard to give a concise review of all Azure but I would recommend poking around if you feel like there is a feature you need that Azure services don't support in some way because it is likely that it actually does support it in some way with perhaps a name or description that isn't obvious to the vernacular you are expecting

Pros

The breadth of services are fantastic, we use their API management (APIM) which allows us to group our API's into products very simply. Getting the service deployed is simple leveraging the Azure CICD pipeline and controlling secrets with KeyVault leads to a nice integrated system. Azure exposes a plethora of APIs to allow you to integrate your services with any of your current systems without having to radically change your develop and deploy pattern that developers are used to, it also allowed us to integrate our own security tests and checks right into the deployment

Cons

The reporting and management is a little light, this is mitigated by an API that allows you to pull far more data than the dashboards display but I did find it a little annoying.

Funashi from ECMining LTD

Industry: Mining & Metals

Azure Way Of The Cloud Computing

Azure is very good, scalable, resourceful and is reliable and secure.

Pros

Microsoft Azure is truly the way of Cloud computing as it helps save money through IaaS/PaaS offering Infrastructure and Platform As A Service. No need to have on-premise computing power when you can have it in the Cloud allowing you to efficiently use the resources.

Cons

Azure requires comprehensive training, IT expertise to set up. And for the end-user when you don't have internet you will have no access to the resources.

Azure was ahead in its implementation than Google Cloud Platform

Manny from LLS

Industry: Computer Networking

Amazing Cloud Service

Azure is amazing. We were planning to migrate to them, but it was too costly. Every year we do the numbers and see if it's cost effective, so far not yet, but in time it will be and this is where my cloud service will go. For now, I will just keep the service at a minimum until we are ready for the transition.

Pros

I am excited on how great Azure is becoming and cannot wait to see more. Love your network migrator software and cannot wait to see more from you guys in the future.

Cons

Your pricing is rediculous, I don't understand why their pricing is so out of this world, which I know in time pricing will go down, but for small businesses it's just not yet worth it. Your company has already the dominant market in OS, why not make Azure special and reduce pricing and storage and swallow up the world as we know it so that Microsoft will be live forever. I understand that you are in a new market and are catching up to AWS, but your never going to beat them unless you strategize your game plan and give user's packages that make sense and are cost effective. The cloud is coming, it's all on who does it first and how they do it.

James from Alpha Omega Solutions, Inc.

Stable, Solid platform, with some Support woes (if you need it).

Pros

Extremely solid platform, very easy to get started, very easy to manage, billing is a breeze to understand and monitor. (Yeah, it's Microsoft)

Cons

Support was sketchy (My 1 experience in 18 months needing it was a disappointing one). In brief, regardless of what the system tells you, if you don't purchase a support plan you're SOL. During the recent Intel software glitch one of our Azure VMs was affected. Opened a case, top priority level, was given a 2 hour promise of contact, watched patiently on the portal as the clock went from 2h to 1h to 30 minutes, to PENDING.... 2 days and 6 hours later (on a Saturday) someone called me to say my ticket was being assigned. Assigned? Another few hours later a call from a technician. By then, the problem had already been resolved on my end (simple VM redeploy using RSV) but I let it play out. They provided the fix, issue was resolved on the original VM. Ok. I then engaged my Account Manager (yes, you get one even on a Pay-As-You-Go service plan) and expressed my concerns about what happened. This is when I was told I didn't have a "Support Plan". My response was pretty simple "Then the ticket system should tell/warn/note that, and not tell you you'll get a response in 2 hours."

Marsha from eGov Jamaica Ltd.

I am impressed by the functionality of Azure and for creating VM it's quite easy and saves time

It's really fast, you can go to having an SQL server in 30 minutes after knowing how to create your servers. It is very helpful in controlling loads. Microsft have outdone themselves in making simple the process of creating and managing cloud assets in Azure. There are multiple ways of doing things also, choosing your way. If you want to create or manage resources through the portal, PowerShell, the .NET API, REST, etc. it is really up to you. The functionality of Azure and creating VM is quite easy and saves time. The dashboards are really helpful, and I think it's easy for beginners to start using.

Pros

Microsft have outdone themselves in making simple the process of creating and managing cloud assets in Azure. There are multiple ways of doing things also, choosing your way. If you want to create or manage resources through the portal, PowerShell, the .NET API, REST, etc. it is really up to you. The functionality of Azure and creating VM is quite easy and saves time. The dashboards are really helpful, and I think its easy for beginners to start using.

Cons

It is helpful if you are not familiar with Azure to do some online training course which will definitely take you a long way in mastering it and build your confidence in the product. It tends to use of resources and it times the VM shut down is slow and freezes.

Microsoft Azure Simple and Easy life in the Cloud

It has a slight learning cure but eventually you get it. Using Microsoft Azure allows me quick deployment and ease in scalability to meet customer demands and I get a sense of security know that my services and data are protected and always available

Pros

Microsoft Azure is a cloud computing platform which allows you to build, test, deploy and manage applications and services online using Microsoft’s vast international data centers. You don't need to buy computing hardware like servers, and etc simply rent from Microsoft and pay for what you use and use what you can afford. You don't have to worry about making costly upgrades from time to time or the cost of systems or hardware maintenance. Everything is based at the Microsoft data centers where all the computing assets and resources are available to you in the cloud/Internet. Therefore you can grow or contract your virtual resources as easily as 123 and as demand dictates Microsoft Azure saves you time and money, its easily scalable and enables quick deployment of your services and or applications Security is another great benefit you get from using Microsoft Azure. Consider if you were using an on site computing solution, you may have a single system admin or a very small team. However with MS Azure they have a very large security team dedicated to the protection of the Azure platform and therefore your content or what ever it is that you are using MS Azure to do Note their infrastructure is global with various forms of redundancies therefore if there is a failure in their system I'm certain it would not slow or affect your business. If it was an on site solution and something failed I'm very certain you would be feeling that in a negative manner

Cons

Everything is in the cloud and consequently if you lose your Internet connection then you can't manage your data or services. Microsoft Azure can be a little over whelming due to the vast number of services offered Understanding the menu structure takes a bit of learning and getting used to.

Alex from Avanade

Azure is the place for developers to create customer-centric solutions

Having used Azure for over a decade, I see the way Microsoft is positioning this in the market and I like it. Teaching and dveloping are two of my passions and everything you normally would have to have a datacenter or server farm for, can now be setup and run in a matter of minutes.

Pros

For developers it is a great solution, so much is possible with 100+ features for every client migration or new project. I am teaching others how to use Azure and they are constantly amazed at the vast amount of features and services available, and most are free to try as well.

Cons

You can only use a trial for 30 days which should be enough for most, but it would be nice to extend so there is much more to explore. Other things are not free, so you do have to pay for what you want to use. The best parts are very expensive so you are only able to test these if your company pays for these features.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Azure

Microsoft has great support and all features in the Azure cloud, can also be used with open source software, more and more now, so very versatile.

La navaja multiusos de la tecnología web.

En general simplifica toda la estructura o arquitectura de una solución web/móvil y de gestión de recursos a un nivel extremadamente cómodo como desarrollador, incluso el implementar código en c# para utilizar los recursos almacenados en azure como son contenedores de blobs o las bases de datos es simple mediante los Nuggets.

Pros

No sé si el termino nube fue hecho para describir a azure, o si fue azure quien lo invento; pero tanto bases de datos, como dominios, páginas web, recursos para aplicaciones móviles, servidores en máquinas virtuales destinadas para lo que se les pueda ocurrir o utilizar, gestión de archivos y todo esto controlado por cuentas de usuarios y privilegios de acceso en grupos o usuarios, hacen que todo el ambiente de desarrollo que se ocupa para estén en esta herramienta. Por las razones anteriores, una vez que crean un proyecto en azure, es difícil que se considere moverlo a otra plataforma nube, por que literalmente ahí está toda la infraestructura que se requiere.

Cons

Más que algo malo es algo de sentido común, si vas a utilizar la nube de Microsoft, lo lógico es esperar que sus herramientas tengan mayor soporte a ser compatible con dicha tecnología nube; sin embargo, tanto para Linux o mac, a través de .net core es posible crear proyectos de software que utilicen las muchas api desarrolladas para trabajar con azure.

Marco from 4ward

Powerful and enterprise-level cloud services

With Azure I can host our enterprise applications with the easy possibility to scale-out and scale-up very quickly if it is necessary. Services like App Service give you an easy and powerful solution to host web applications. Other docker-related services like Azure Kubernetes Services makes deploying and managing containerized applications fast.

Pros

I use Azure (Cloud Computing Platform & Services by Microsoft) everyday for Infrastructure as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform as-a-Service (Paas) cloud computing service models. I like the Azure portal and the tigth integration with other tools and services like Azure DevOps, Visual Studio, Office 365 and Active Directory.

Cons

It could be improve the way to create Infrastructure as Code (IaC). For now Azure Resource Manager (ARM) is the only native way to create IaC on Azure and for a beginner is not so easy: other vendors (like AWS with CloudFormation) offer better experience.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Azure

Better integration with Office 365 and Active Directory.

Muhammad Daud from Continuum Economics

Best Cloud Computing Platform as a Service

Microsoft Azure is unique in its capabilities with Cloud Computing, Servers management, working with VPN tunnels and DNS records. It allowed us the capability to connect our multi-site that we were unable to do with local setup. I would suggest anyone buying Azure subscription to go through CSP process with any vendor to make sure the environment is properly managed. If you are managing in house then you/your engineers should be Microsoft Azure Certified

Pros

Microsoft Azure support and infrastructure speed is a lot better than other hostings like Google Platform. It allows the capability with user friendly environment to engage and work with features. Microsoft Azure has great features with Tunnels, VM, Storage and DNS. Microsoft server 2019 can interact in a great way with Azure cloud.

Cons

Microsoft Azure cost is high with Traffic, VM and other features. It should be reduced to an affordable packages. Microsoft Azure Storage cost is higher than other platforms regardless of the region location.

Krishnan from NTRUST INFOTECH INC

Azure for Devops and Agile

We have been using agile for close to 4 years and so far agile is essential to our everyday business. It increases our efficiency as well as our productivity.

Pros

Azure is a very powerful tool that we use it everyday in our organisation. 1. Azure for devops. Performing continuous integration, right from setting up the pipeline to trigger automated builds, when a developer checks in a code. 2. Ability to plug in to various tools like Appcenter, AWS,when setting up the pipeline. Hence there is no boundaries when using Azure. 3. Azure for agile is a big plus. We maintain our backlogs, sprints and track our work items in Azure. 4. Azure for test management. We use azure to track our bugs, maintain our test plans. 5. Ability to support various version controls like GIT, TFS.

Cons

I do not see any Cons with Azure. Azure is a great tool altogether and it is a one stop solution for both developers and testers.

Chamath from AdSpark.IO

Like other Micrisoft tools Azure is very user-friendly as my experience

Overall, I think it is safe to conclude that Microsoft Azure is a pretty standard and decent technology and it serves as a good competitor against other similar products in the market. But still, there are lots of rooms for improvement that Microsoft should address in order to completely win this segment of cloud technology.

Pros

Our company has recently purchased Microsoft Azure and we started using it a few months ago. While I have a few experiences in using other data housing tools before, I was curious to see what Azure uniquely offers. Here a short review of my experience so far: Pros - 1. Multiple Data Sets in One User Account Basically, Azure was the answer to the problem of having to create multiple accounts in order to access multiple data sets at a given time. 2. User-friendliness Microsoft is popular on this. I bet no other brands of the same category can beat Azure in this aspect. I personally found it to be easy to navigate during my first time to explore the interface. 3. Easy integration with other Microsoft Products Our office uses a lot of Microsoft software and the ease of integration has saved us a lot of time. This is one is one of its strongest edges over its competitors.

Cons

Cons - 1. Difficulty of customization Currently, it doesn't have the feature that enables customization of processors. This should be available soon in order to give users more control of the data and its management. 2. Price of product itself and services Cost should be lower considering that most clients are businesses and support services are more likely to be needed frequently due to the number of users in a single organization or office just like ours. Also, customer support is not that good. During the one time we tried to reach out to an agent, it took a while before the issue got completely addressed.

Sarah from CRM Solutions

We've used Azure for our web application hosting needs. It's full-featured and fairly easy to use.

Pros

There are tons of features available for hosting websites, web applications, APIs, etc. If you are hosting a .NET application, you can take advantage of their App Services option to abstract away the work involved with managing a virtual machine. But if you need a VM you can have one of those as well. I also enjoy the ability to easily view the metrics of your application/site, and instantly scale resources as required. Some of the higher-scale packages even offer the ability to have the load balancing and resource allocation done automatically.

Cons

Azure is expensive. You get a good bit for your money but boy do you pay for it. Scaling up into higher resource levels often involves doubling or tripling your monthly costs, even if you're not getting a corresponding percentage increase in your performance. Also, and maybe this is just a web apps thing, but there's not a dedicated IP filtering option built in for the web apps. You need to purchase an additional package or manage all of that through your site's web.config. That's a little annoying.

Expensive but great cloud providing platform by Microsoft for development

Extremely great solution for cloud services but not a value for money. Really expensive, but if you have those extra spare bucks, it's really worth exploring!

Pros

A simple and great platform that provides top notch features and functionalities by Microsoft for development, testing and project management purposes. Built by Microsoft, automatically gives me complete trust on having our personal data shared on cloud and managing data for corporate internally or across teams. It is highly reliable, secure and scalable. It is ranked among the top 5 cloud services provided by the top company Microsoft. I would also love to appreciate the fact that my initial career started by using Azure services, creating resources, APIs, processing data over cloud using CosmosDB and much more, so I really appreciate the services provided.

Cons

Extremely expensive for every service and resource provided by Microsoft Azure. Strong competitor to GCP (Google Cloud Platform), Alibaba Cloud and AWS (Amazon Web Services) but not a real value for money when it comes to pricing of resources.