(1,162)

1,162

Browse Rippling Reviews

Derrick from K4Connect

Rippling is fantastic! Best software product I’ve used in years

Fantastic. Everything from the implementation to our daily use, this has been one of the best product purchases I’ve ever made. Plus, my boss ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] ) absolutely loves Rippling and has even talked about it at our board meeting! Good stuff all around and I have recommended it to at least a dozen colleagues in my local market.

Pros

The automations, integrations, and ease of use are second to none. Important tasks (i.e. onboarding a new employee) used to take me an hour and a half to complete with our prior vendor (due to disconnected workflows, confusing product layout, etc) and it now takes me less than 10 min with Rippling. Transformational.

Cons

The only con i can point to is not being able to just call into a customer support number for important issues (to speak to a live person), but the support email is monitored regularly, so it definitely makes up for any negatives. They also recently instituted a Pod system to support issues and it has been a great experience. It also appears they have recently hired account managers, which tells me they continue to scale the organization and add the appropriate team members for additional support. Good stuff all around.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Cost effectiveness, ease of use, flexibility on purchasing only the modules we need. Plus, we were able to bring our own benefits broker, which others don’t allow. We ended up switching to Rippling/NFP as our broker after a couple of months because their service and offerings are more robust than our prior relationship, but that was by our choice.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Old school payroll systems don’t seem to be focused much on the end user, which results in a complicated product and a host of needless activities and obsolete work streams which waste valuable time and cause undue frustrations. Plus, Not only is Rippling a huge time saver, but also a money saver as well! We have substantially increased productivity while reducing costs by 20%. It was a no-brainer to make the switch.

Christine from Notch

Robust and easy to use

Pros

Rippling is very easy to use and has many features that help to get all your administrative work done fast and accurately. I like how managers are also given the capacity to pull their own team reports vs relying on HR to provide them with reporting data.

Cons

Adding new hires into Rippling throughout the year does not automatically add the prorata vacation days into their profile - you need to manually add that data.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Rippling took care of our US payroll (we have US and Canadian employees) and their were plenty of add on features that we could select which Rippling provided.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

We outgrew the simple features on Collage (which I adopted when I joined my current company) and needed something more robust in order to scale. So glad with our choice.

Allison from EMO Health

December 2021

BUYER BEWARE!!!! Improper benefits administration, auto-approves 7 days before paydate

ABSOLUTE WORST PAYROLL PROVIDER I've ever used. Had no idea my state's attorney general has an open investigation.

Pros

The dashboard is user friendly and aesthetically pleasing, but the product itself does not work. Compared to ADP, Paylocity, Quickbooks Payroll, and Paychex... it doesn't offer anything of greater value.

Cons

I would give 0 stars if I could. Improperly managed my organization's benefit deductions. Made false promises and fixed nothing. As a result, stuff under-paid their benefits by thousands of dollars. Worked with "customer support" for 6 months without resolution. There is no live support or tech support. If you can somehow get a live person in a chat, they will just send you "help" articles rather than answering your questions. They also withdraw payroll 7-10 days before scheduled pay date and place the payroll money in their own account to collect interest. If you want to change your payroll 5 days before pay date - forget it - your staff will get paid on the following Monday.

Sue from RoadRunner Recycling

Industry: Environmental Services

The Little System That Can!

Overall it is a great HCM for the price. It offers features that some more advanced and more expensive tools do not offer. More importantly their support team is top notch and are very responsive. And they are always learning and adding new features and integrations.

Pros

What I like most: ease of use. I came into my new position without any experience with Rippling and I was able to figure out reporting and many of the basic functions very quickly. There are a lot of integrations with other tools to help fill in the gaps of Rippling which is great.

Cons

It's not fully integrated with some of its partners -meaning it is integrated but not everything flows back and forth between the systems. For example, Lever is integrated but not every component of an offer flows from Lever to Ripping making some of it automated and some of it still manual. In addition, not everything is fully ready in Rippling such as their LMS. There is not a content design tool which means you must design training outside of Rippling and upload a SCORN file.

Price.

Scalability.

Michael from DivvyUp

December 2021

The most effective HR software I have ever utilized!

Pros

We hire hundreds of seasonal employees for short seasonal contracts 5 times/year. Rippling allows me to onboard and offboard employees in around 1 minute (no joke). I have taken a multi-day task and, with Rippling, have reduced it to a couple of hours. The ease, simplicity, and customizable nature of Rippling allow me to take the guess work out of offer letters, NDA's, 8850's, and I9. Rippling works with and connects to ALL of the software that we use for day to day employee managment such as our timecard system, GSuite, ShippingEasy, etc.

Cons

I honestly do not have a single complaint. Rippling is constantly updating and improving.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

The ease, simplicity, the connectivity, and the price.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

We needed a solution that was all-encompassing and allows us to bring all of these different software needs into 1 place.

Brock from Epipheo

Industry: Animation

Brock McKinley's Review for Epipheo

Now we are connecting up a bunch of programs together to make my workflow easier. Ripping is putting my HR, payroll, benefits and onboarding all into one place and makes my job that much better. I don't have to go to one program to send docs to an employee and then another to set up an email for a new employee and then to another to check an employee's benefit elections. Putting together all these things in one easy to navigate and understand platform is going to blow the competition away.

Pros

The easy of use! It just makes sense! Coming from Paycor, which is a convoluted mess, Rippling is a breath of fresh air. Easy to find what you are looking for and get things done. I'm no longer wasting time trying to figure out how to do something.

Cons

Only little things that could be improved. For the most part this in in regard to organizing things. Would be great to be able to change the order of apps in the side panels. Also would like to be able to duplicate templates in order to make slight changes. Also sometimes navigating the Custom Fields grid for employees can be hard to see what you are doing because it only shows the field title and not the section you are in. So maybe lines dividing sections or at least the section titles at the top could help with viewing and navigating.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Zenefits doesn't have the elegant UI and isn't very professional feeling. Still found it hard to navigate. One plus is it did give us access to a dummy account to play around with. But overall was very underwhelming.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Because Paycor is a complicated program that was messing up so many aspects of our business and they have absolutely NO customer service. We had an issue in January 2021 and I call three times to sit on hold for hours with no response. Filled out a support ticket and still to this day havent' received a response. They are basically a horrible company that doesn't care about the customers that have been using their services for years.

Catherine from All Vets Great and Small

Industry: Veterinary

Rippling Kicks Ass

Excellent - love this software and this company - It has made my small business possible

Pros

Easy - great support - enabled me to launch quickly

Cons

Occasionally I struggle with software but customer support always comes through

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Word of mouth referral and previously worked with someone at the company - trusted these people based on excellent previous interactions

Finally an easy HR platform!

Overall, no complaints. I came from a company where we used Paylocity and that was a nightmare. Night and day compared to that!

Pros

The thing I like most about Rippling is the ease of use. As a UX designer myself, I really appreciate that with Rippling, it's clear that thought has been put into the user flows and the site's hierarchy.

Cons

Not much comes to mind, honestly. I do wish that on mobile, it would show your working time without any unpaid breaks, the way it does on the web app.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

I got a new job and we used a new HR platform.

Isabel from Nabertherm,Inc

Industry: Machinery

Rippling gets better

Switched from Paychex, this is very user friendly, all the fields easy to complete/find.

Pros

All in one. HR administration, benefits, payroll.

Cons

Too many reminders of task that are not very important.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Overall easiness of the software, tailored for small businesses. Didn't seem complicated.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Wanted an alternative to have HR embedded.

Mario A. from Proper Technologies, Inc.

Rippling in my day by day

Pros

I like that is easy to interect with all the features I need. looking for someone or updating administrative information could be nonsense sometimes, because you could spend there yuor wholeday and Rippling gives it to you instantly.

Cons

Sometimes I cannot see bank account details where I would like to see them, but I think its better to download a report of that sensitive information. because its safer.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Its better and safer doing by rippling. Also I moved all employees to rippling so now its easy.

Tracy from Wells-Gardner Technologies Inc

Industry: Wholesale

Love Rippling!

From quote to implementation, Rippling has been smooth and helped me every step of the way.

Pros

The more I use this, the more I like it. Everyday I find at least one thing that has become simpler because of the Rippling app.

Cons

Payroll is a piece of cake!

n/a

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Costs. I was tired of every little invoice from ADP.

Napoleon from Drift Net Securities

Industry: Security and Investigations

Ease of use

So far, have not experienced any issues.

Pros

Finding Rippling very easy to use, had no complications.

Cons

No cons for me to make mention of, use has been seamless.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Too many payroll incidents causing late payments of paycheck.

Anh from Packback

Easy way to organize and understand HR-related shenanigans

Pros

Ease of use: HR-related tasks usually contain a lot of lingos but Rippling helps me break down the tasks effectively

Cons

Nothing from an user point of view (not admin)

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

I was not a part of the decision making process so I'm not sure, but it seems to have more features

Ben from The Bible Project

Intuitive, Simple, and Effectively Saves (tons of) Time

Overall, this is the best service I've used for the kinds of things Rippling does -- top notch!

Pros

The dashboard is simple, and individual "apps" within it work easily on my phone or laptop. And it eliminates the need for constantly calling HR for paystubs, insurance plan info, etc. Our HR person probably likes it more than I do, and I like it a lot.

Cons

My least-favorite part of Rippling is the "to do" checklist. The concept is good, but I often have things on that list "to do" that I've already done.

Allison from Mirimus Inc

Industry: Research

OOoo Lala

Not having to log into multiple places has been a blessing.

Pros

This app is great for all my payroll and benefits info. Love having it all in one convenient place

Cons

None that I can say. I haven't had any issues.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Our payroll deductions weren't coming through.

Annie from Cameo

Easy to navigate & simple benefits software

Easy to use in an all in one platform. I hate using multiple platforms for PTO, paychecks, benefits, year reviews, etc so I enjoy having it all in one in Rippling.

Pros

Simple to use, not over complicated! Everything you need, nothing you dont with a great UX that's easy to navigate.

Cons

Double sign on for security can be confusing at first, but I know it's for safety so it helps me feel secure with my personal information.

Trishala from sunyyhill financial

Very Easy software! detailed and efficient

easy going software

Pros

it is very detailed compared to other payroll software's. i can easily locate my payroll documents using my personal device, i can access work portals and see who my managers are. very convenient

Cons

i believe this software is working great overall

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

ADP has always gotten my hours and taxes wrong, my expenses were not always calculated on time.

Subhash from CreatorOS Inc

Easy to use. Excellent Customer Support

Easy to setup and easy to use.

Pros

Easy to use with guided steps. An extensive set of features. More than what you can ask for. If you get stuck anywhere, the customer support team is very prompt to respond and help you.

Cons

So far my experience has been fairly smooth. May be they can improve the benefits administration guided help.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Rippling has more features than any of its competitors.

Caitlyn from Abodu, Inc

Easy to Use Platform

Pros

Very straight forward and easy to use. Love being able to see all the tasks that I need to complete. Set up has been smooth sailing, and Rippling did most of the heavy lifting for pulling historical data.

Cons

I have not seen any issues yet. We are will in the implementation phase.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

We were outgrowing the Quickbooks capabilities and their customer service was not helpful.

Vianney from GPS-Global Pallets Services

Rippling - GPS review

Very satisfied over all about the software and very cost effective.

Pros

Ease of usage, very self explanatory Reports customizable

Cons

No direct contact if there is an issue or important question in order to get a quick reply

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

The cost and difficult access to the info needed.

Mark from Rhodium Group

Industry: Research

December 2021

Nice way to keep everything together

Pros

Before Rippling we had a lot of different HR platforms for each function but Rippling packed it all together in an easy to use interface.

Cons

I don't have any complaints so far with the software.

Tyler from Aesthetic Dermatology and Laser Surgery

So glad we switched to Rippling

Excellent. Their staff walk you through things to get everything set up.

Pros

The ease of Onboarding and offboarding employees, files and documents all in one place

Cons

The first run of payroll, you have to wire the money to rippling to verify the bank account. Our business checking was not set up to send wire transfers. Just a little hassle.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Due to all of the features that rippling offered.

Joseph from CognitOps

From a Users Perspective

Rippling has by far been the smoothest experience I've had handling my benefits, payroll, onboarding, etc. Login and password requirements are sensible, Multi-factor-auth is available and encouraged, activities/actions users can take are clearly labeled and easy to find, and once you, say, click into payroll, it's fairly obvious how to do what you need. Rippling is quite comprehensive in it's scope, and it's execution is stellar. Unlike similar platforms I won't name, none of it feels slapped together or like someone didn't want to pay for extra feature X so there's a big gap in the program. I've quite enjoyed it. It has its issues, like it's telemetry and it's reliance on Chrome. however, neither of these are dealbreakers, imo. The telemetry is clearly centered around user interface interaction, which no doubt is how they've made their UI/UX so intuitive. My primary concern as a user of this software is that should a company go all in on rippling, that I'd be tracked by my employer without my consent with that telemetry down the line.

Pros

- Clear and intuitive UI/UX - Informative Context Everywhere -- Benefits onboarding was well laid out and easy to compare options -- Paystub breakdowns and explanations are awesome -- User profiles actually helpful - Orgchart Just Works. - Healthcare management is easy.

Cons

- Reliance on Chrome: I've noticed some site features don't behave quite right unless I use a Chrome based browser, and their Employee Home product only works as a Chrome extension, there's no site-based experience for it that I've found. So if you aren't a chrome user, you have to install and keep open an extra browser if you want to take advantage of that without migrating from your current preferred browser. - Site bloat. Initial load of their site is takes 4-5 seconds on my gigabit internet, and clicking around the site results in multiple 5-10 second load times. It can feel unbearable waiting for a page that's just text to load. And then if I inspect the page, A single page of text took over 12 megabytes (post compression) to load. - Tracking/Security. Rippling makes a call back home with what appears to be quite detailed telemetry every 3 seconds, sending not just mouse events like clicking, but the specific place on the page you clicked, hovered, or even scrolled to. Not to mention logging everything you type, every field you type it in. And there's no obvious way to disable this. This in of itself is a security problem for me. One solace is that this tracking is well implemented. Secure forms that should not be tracked are not logged over the wire. However, everything else seems to be.

Sherine from Valor Compounding Pharmacy

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Automates HR & Great for Department of 1

I have been able to centralize the company's structure through HR, not IT. That is the most major difference.

Pros

The organization of HR by Title, Level, Department, or Team makes you think through your structure strategically to then define who should have access to what. From there, you have the ability to manage multiple software integrations that are essential for employee management, onboarding, and feel confident that access has been removed at the time of termination.

Cons

I would like to have more control in customizing the Employee Home to function more heavily as an Intranet. I like the simplicity of it though. I would like to have Employee Relations added in Rippling - case management. Documentation of performance, PIP's, emails, reports from managers, complaints from employees, investigations, workflows and processes. If this could be attached to the employee profile, along with Performance Evaluations, that would round out the package.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Paycom is robust, but I researched the [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and I saw the benefits of understanding HR and IT together. I felt the platform of Rippling was easier as well, but it offered more features than Paycom, and still gives you the choice of integrating with 3rd party apps if you don't want to choose Rippilng's for any reason. Paycom didn't do that. You have to use their apps.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

I wanted to have software app integration and control of Onboarding checklists and Termination access checklists, without relying on memory, or excel, or some other way of knowing who has access to what. It was a big security change for the company.

Alysha from RockItCoin, LLC

I am excited to implement Rippling !

From the demo through implementation, our Rippling experience has been top notch so far. The team is very responsive and the system is extremely user friendly and customizable. I would highly recommend this to small HR teams looking to streamline processes.

Pros

Rippling has been a great solution for us as a small company without an IT department. We are able to streamline our on-boarding and off-boarding processes, making it easy to order equipment and remotely update software on our employees' computers. Our employees love the easy app based user interface, making it easy to download paystubs, update personal information, enroll in benefits, and submit FSA receipts all in one platform!

Cons

The only con I have run into so far is the lack of phone support for administrators. With that being said, the team has been very responsive via email!

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Rippling's platform was the most user friendly as customizable. Rippling also offered us an all-in-one platform at great price. I am very satisfied with the platform so far and would recommend it highly!

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

The customer support at Paychex is segregated so you have to call a different numbers for every issue, which consumes a great deal of time. The platform is also not very customizable, especially for the price. Lastly, as a new administrator for the platform, it was like pulling teeth to get training and information about what package our company signed up for as well as the pricing breakdown.

Ryan from Quantarium

Unique vision, powerful platform, excellent service

We were looking for a one stop shop to manage employee lifecycle (onboarding, management, offboarding) without having to have dedicated IT resources or disrupt our valuable engineers to carry out basic tasks like account provisioning and laptop configuration. While most HR platforms handle the basics of payroll and benefits, Rippling was unique in its approach to solving the IT side of the equation without having to build custom workflows or write a whole lot of scripts. Overall, Rippling delivers on their vision and is backed by a great team of onboarding and success managers to ensure that everything runs smoothly and our employees are taken care of.

Pros

Rippling was intuitive and easy to get up and running. Setup was self guided with helpful information to ensure that we maintain compliance with federal and state regulations. The initial load of employee data took little to no time and other than a couple of employees who struggled to upload their photos, I didn't have to assist anyone in setting up their profile, completing necessary documents, or setting up their bank account for payroll. Similar to onboarding employees for payroll, the benefits onboarding experience was straightforward, enabling us to rollout medical, dental, vision, and 401K all in one shot. From here, it's time to get the IT side of the house in order, and we're excited to have an integrated experience that not only handles traditional HR onboarding, but also ensure that new employees arrive on day one ready to work, with a laptop and all their necessary software and SaaS accounts provisioned.

Cons

The overall application navigation was a little clumsy when we were first onboarded, lacking a breadcrumb menu experience that meant you had to return to the home screen to move between areas of the platform. That said, Rippling was highly responsive to feedback, and over the subsequent weeks rolled out revisions to their overall user experience that represent a significant improvement in moving between various areas of the platform. Outside of that, there are a couple of areas I'd like to see improved. The first is to provide support for basic time entry, enabling contractors or hourly workers to log their time. This doesn't need to be fancy as there are dedicated offerings for companies that require advanced capabilities, but something as simple as hours per day would suffice. On top of that, it would be nice to provide a payroll calendar that is accessible to employees. Right now I can access the calendar as an admin, but perhaps make that available to everyone in the company.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Completeness of vision and breadth of capabilities. Gusto was P2 in the end, and while the overall product UI is more compelling, the IT management capabilities of Rippling (while coming in at a price premium) pushed them ahead.

Lindsey from BacklotCars

Best HR Tool I've Used

My overall experience with Rippling is really positive. I honestly can't recommend this product enough (and I do recommend it often!). I have been burned by many HR and Payroll systems in the past. I didn't think a simple, easy-to-use product existed but here we are. Thank you, Rippling!

Pros

The software is really easy to use for both our administrators and employees and the user interface is beautiful. It was relatively painless to implement and integrate into our business. It's a really smart system – based on past experience with other systems, I was skeptical that Rippling could really handle everything that was promised to us in our sales demos but it has fully met my expectations! Onboarding and offboarding are quick and easy, and payroll basically runs itself. It also integrates nicely with most of our SaaS tools, which makes provisioning accounts really simple. It's amazing to be able to use one system to manage all of our HR, Payroll, Benefits and IT. The best part is, Rippling continues to get better and better. They are constantly releasing new products, updates, and upgrades. They really listen to our product feature requests and are quick to make enhancements.

Cons

There really aren't any cons; however, if I had to say what I liked the least, it would be not having a direct phone number to call for immediate help. With that said, their online support team is super responsive and our dedicated CSM is willing to schedule calls with us if needed.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Our Company grew really quickly in 2019 and Quickbooks couldn't keep up.

Antoinette from Law Enforcement Action Partnership

Great Overall Business Product

Rippling has saved me time and money overall. Combining all HR aspects with payroll, apps, and equipment is the best bundle of services you could ask for, especially when you are dealing with multiple roles and departments.

Pros

Rippling is extremely intuitive and easy to use! They make payroll a breeze each wee and walk you through ever step of the way. They integrate easily into QB and other platforms. The PTO tracking system is quite extensive and allows for easy tracking of employees hours and is very easy for employees to use when requesting time off. Pricing is very competitive and has saved our non-profit a lot of funds when compared to what we were using previously.

Cons

The only con with Rippling is that they do not have a customer service phone line to call, all inquiries are done via email.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Rippling had the right fit for our organization with pricing, products, and implementation.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Pricing, overall customer service, and health insurance reps

Douglas from Voltus, Inc.

Rippling is a must have

Overall, very positive. The Rippling team has been very responsive and helpful along our journey. The platform made an immediate and positive impact on payroll, benefits, and onboarding processes. I have evaluated numerous HR/payroll platforms (Gusto, Bamboo HR) and implemented Namely at my last company. Rippling is an improvement over all of them. Rather than trying to offer mediocre functionality across a breadth of items, they are focused on being the best at core features (payroll, onboarding/offboarding, benefits, IT lite, etc.) and then integrate with best-in-class apps for items like performance reviews, expense management,...).

Pros

1) Technology that makes my life better 2) Responsive team/customer service 3) Makes my team happy (because of #1 and #2). The thoughtfulness in workflows helps a lot.

Cons

1) I fear that the cost could very quickly grow -- initial pricing on modules is usually $/employee/month...regardless of how many people actively use the module. The team has been responsive to requests for different pricing schemes. 2) Data visibility (e.g. compensation info) is a bit limited on flexibility. It is either at the admin level (everything) or general user level (limited visibility). I expect this will change over time, but some more intermediate steps would be great (e.g. manager can see comp info, but not SSN, bank info, etc.).

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Forward thinking on app integrations and great user interface

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

ADP really has one offering -- payroll -- and they are awful at it. I'm still baffled at how a company can be so incompetent at the one thing they do...and also grow to the size they have.

Response from Rippling

Replied January 2020

Hey Douglas, Thanks so much for your feedback, we're always making improvements, so look out for updates around data visibility.

Scott from Q.Digital, Inc.

Industry: Publishing

Great product, friendly service

Rippling makes it easy for my employees to get paid, track PTO, do open enrollment for healthcare and it handles all the tax/compliance stuff with ease.

Pros

Rippling's Payroll is seamless and easy and their support in setting everything up (and transferring from my old provider was flawless). We manage our Benefits, PTO, Payroll, Worker's Comp all through their software. For benefits and Worker's Comp, it integrates with third parties seamlessly (our health insurance broker and a Worker's Comp company Rippling works with). But overall, I've appreciated their service above all else - requests are quickly and politely answered (not like my previous provider)

Cons

The reporting features leave a lot to be desired, but I can see them improving as they go. Today's payroll run surfaced a brand new report that wasn't there just two weeks ago, so I'm hopeful this is an area they are devoting more attention to.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

I ran into a number of issues where Zenefits support was slow to respond, then inflexible and unhelpful. In the end even my request to cancel Zenefits was ignored so long that it passed my renewal date and they tried to force me to pay for another year's service. It's a little strange that two companies founded by the same person could have such different service values. Glad I'm with Rippling.

Letha from Pineapple Payments

Modernized Flexible Solutions

Pros

The smoothness of not only the implementation, but the usability of the program for both admins and employees.

Cons

As Rippling is still relatively new itself, there are some features or capabilities that are unique to our company - such as having multiple entities, banking needs, etc. - that Rippling doesn't quite offer yet- HOWEVER, our account manager and the support team have been receptive and responsive to our needs and are continuing to work on the things we need as we request them, which is great.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Rippling offered us the ability to integrate many of our existing SaaS solutions via API to our account. Onboarding and Offboarding using one tool was a sell for us, as security is important to our company. The ability to accommodate all of our needs and the seamless reporting available were great selling points.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Not only was the customer/account service at ADP unreliable, the system itself was outdated, complicated, and not user friendly. We had several tax, payroll, and reporting issues occur with ADP and made the decision to move to a move modern solution.

Response from Rippling

Replied December 2019

Thanks for your feedback :) We're constantly working on building new features.

David from Brystra

Great integrations save hours, easy to use

Overall has been very good. Initial set up took minutes for all of our applications and payroll. Really frees up a lot of time managing employees, computers and software licenses for the team.

Pros

Intuitive design, easy to navigate, saves a lot of time managing multiple systems for employees. LOVE the software licensing set up and computer security management. Makes onboarding and terminations much faster and more accurate!

Cons

Occasionally payroll support emails have gone unanswered for a couple of days. Benefits portion is not as customizable as some other stand-alone benefits admin systems but is more intuitive to set up on our own and far better than any other payroll-based benefits system we've tested.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Really came down to having a system set up employees on everything from one single platform that connects to EVERYTHING we use. Salesforce logins, phone system set up, computer security and purchasing, adobe, MS and tons more. Super smart business model and clean easy to use software that kept getting better every week we looked at it.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Additional integrations and more customized options. Computer security and software provisioning. Gusto was great for simple payroll but Rippling blew them away with the rest of the services.

Response from Rippling

Replied October 2019

Hey there, thanks so much for your feedback. We're sorry about the delay in your support emails, we'll work on that. :)

Mike from Porter Kyle

I Replaced 9 Separate Web Services with ONLY Rippling

Pros

Does everything you need... really... Onboarding, Background Checks, Employment/Education Verification, Payroll, PTO, Single Sign-On, Hardware Management, 401(k) through Guideline, Health Insurance, Dental/Vision/LTD/Life Insurance, on and on and on. Service is immediate... while other companies fail at email only service, Rippling nails it... in like 3 minutes usually... way faster and more precise than a phone call. Sometimes the founder even takes care of my requests... no really... the founder. Employees never ask me to train them anymore, it's so slick and easy to use. Really happy.

Cons

The only con is that I can't change an employee's username to their work email... it's always their personal email that they set input when they sign their offer letter... but the more I think about it it doesn't really matter.

WAY more integrated

Matt from PartyBuild

Rippling is exactly what you need.

Pros

Clean platform, makes administration generally easy. Puts almost everything in one place.

Cons

I do wish that the application integrations were more than primarily SSO, but instead offered integrated functionality. Also, I wish that the functionality of the integrations worked with any version of the third-party apps, and not just the enterprise versions (for the most part.)

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Looking for something that was a platform and integrated more than just pay.

Nicholas from Statewide Interpreters

Industry: Translation and Localization

Rippling for Small Business

I highly recommend Rippling to any business, especially small businesses. They have the capacity to scale any company's needs. Regarding my small business, it changed my whole HR game. Before it would take me or an employee almost two hours a week to run payroll and administer benefits. Now I do the whole process myself in less than 10 minutes. The new system did take some getting used to, but now I am familiar with process and the value Rippling provides me is incredible.

Pros

The price that Rippling offers is hard to beat, especially considering all the value it offers. I now have direct control over my company's payroll and benefits. Any time I need to change something in this area or run payroll, it only takes me a few minutes. Also Rippling offers me a plethora of tools without shoving them on to me. I can implement it to the degree I need, and if I need more, Rippling has it for me.

Cons

The price of having such direct control over payroll is that any mistakes I make are on me. It took me a bit to learn how to run payroll and administer benefits myself, but once I got it straight, the process has become a breeze. Also, it took me a little while to get used to customer service via email. At first it worried me, but after they dealt with many of my needs in a very timely fashion, I now feel comfortable with the system.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

The price was the biggest motivator. Rippling was much cheaper than ADP. Now I stay because I enjoy to direct control it gives me over my business. Also it takes the hassle out of calling someone and telling them to do this work for me. It is much quicker and cheaper for me to do it myself.

Nathan from Thuro Accounting

Best Payroll Service

Pros

Integrations. Rippling will integrated with the most important 3rd parties to make the HR of your company simple. The integration with benefit providers make this worth every penny. The set up and implementation of the benefits is too easy. I recently set up medical insurance and it was too easy.

Cons

If you want customer support you have to look at a help center/ forum instead of calling a live person. I haven't really needed to use it, but normally it is frustrating when I want to get something resolved quickly and I can't talk to anyone. With that being said, anytime I haven't been able to figure something out or needed support, I have emailed my rep that helped me set up my system and he was quick to respond and help me get what I needed.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Cost, 3rd Party Integrations, overall look of the system and ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

I wanted a payroll service that had more HR integrations and simplied the process of onboarding and offboarding.

Courtney from Bright Tiger

A future forward HRIS

It has allowed us to set up 4 companies in one system, connect all the teams but directly integrate with so many applications we are using elsewhere.

Pros

I love that this system makes for the most seamless onboarding experience both for the employee and the human resources team. It allows for so many different components that were limiting in other systems (multi-company org chart in one place,360 integration with so many apps without an additional cost, multiple tiers of permissions and policies per employee level)

Cons

I wish that it allowed for employees t fill out a form without having to print and upload. This is the only thing I haven't liked so far.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

It was far more robust with the user experience I needed.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

I love Bamboo, it's a great system but not for the number of different things we needed in a system (removing in the IT component of onboarding). I think these two are some of the best in class

Stephanie from CRI Advantage

Versatility for HR, Benefits, Payroll and more

We came off of a PEO into this platform. It took us some time to get things running smoothly, but now it has really streamlined on- and off-boarding, employee benefits and payroll.

Pros

Rippling interfaces with hundreds of companies which allows the flexibility to use the resources you need. We were able to work with our own benefit broker, 401(k) provider, time keeping, and more. Their interface has allowed us to connect products as SSO, even those that don't necessarily connect with Rippling. They have worked very closely with us to get things right and I appreciate that our feedback is listened to and acted upon.

Cons

Our payroll is very complicated. It took us several runs to get the bugs worked out and we still have to do some things manually, though we are changing timekeeping vendors which will help tremendously. Also, in the beginning we didn't have a dedicated account manager so we had to work with different people after implementation. That had since been rectified.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Way more flexible and a great price.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

We wanted more control and flexibility.

David from Cureton Front Range LLC

Industry: Oil & Energy

Rippling Software Review

It has been great. The amount of HR and payroll time I have to spend on a daily basis is dramatically decreased. Employees are also very much in control of all their own data and feedback has been very positive

Pros

The design of the software makes sense. Coming from other payroll software Rippling has a central platform where you can then jump off into any app that you need, from payroll, to time off, to onboarding. All the programs work seamlessly together and are designed to make sense to users of all technical skill levels.

Cons

We had some issues with migration from the prior software, but this has more to do with the prior softwares issues than Rippling.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

The Price for the size of our company and the need to build out everything custom was a big draw back for this software. Rippling offered more in less time for less money.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

This software is old manual and not intuative. Also very expensive for what you get

Emily from WELL Health Inc

Rippling Makes life Easier!

Overall we have had an extremely positive experience with Rippling. They have grown and added great features over time and they have made my job much easier.

Pros

I love that it combines IT and HR into one portal. As a fast growth company, Rippling as made rapid growth and hiring possible because of the ways it has streamlined onboarding. As an HR professional I cannot tell you the many ways Rippling has benefited me!!

Cons

They recently added a chat feature which has helped with support but over the last year support has been the trickiest part. I have seen major improvements over the last 2 months. Additionally, I would like more abilities to streamline what managers can see, reporting, and org chart capabilities.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

We liked that Rippling had added functionality for the IT and security side of things as well as more integrations to streamline software provisioning.

Barbara from Millennial Restaurant Group, LLC

Love Rippling!

We have integrated many of our systems together and continue to work with Rippling to get them all integrated. Rippling is a great long-term partner. They are very responsive and work hard to eliminate all barriers and get the "wish list" items implemented. The Support folks at Rippling are amazing to work with and are very timely and detailed with their responses.

Pros

This IT based payroll system is amazing! We are now paying our folks weekly - our restaurant team members LOVE this! The folks at Rippling want to integrate with as many groups as possible and don't nickel and dime you about the integration. They learn how to integrate, set a time table to make it happen and keep you posted on the progress along the way. The reporting in Rippling is amazing!

Cons

There are a few things that are missing; they don't have a true rehire process (you can rehire folks, easily, but it creates a second/third profile for the person - this leads to other potential issues/concerns), they do not have a mechanism for logging folks on "leave of absence".

Service, functionality, price

Kevin from Aurora Holdings Group, DBA The Aurora Group

Go Rippling!

The best way for a small business to manage a very complex process like HR and payroll.

Pros

We are new customers to Rippling. My son did extensive research into payroll venders with benefits and other services. We were former Gusto customers and satisfied with many of its services, but it was limited when it came to benefits and integrating into mobile device management. We like the ease of use and awesome customer support through email. They reply within a minute or two with simple solutions using screen shots and explicit directions.

Cons

Nothing thus far. The walk you through everything. They make it hard to fail.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Simpler and price better with Rippling

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Many more HR and payroll features in Rippling. Nice way to integrate mobile device management using Apple products with security features we want installed.

Deborah from Stahla Rentals

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Best decision I made all year!

My goal when looking for a HR software was to find something that would integrate our multiple systems (Deputy, Payroll, benefits, etc.) and save time by streamlining processes as well as having an organized place for these systems to integrate together. Integration was a breeze as well as using the system day-to-day. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Pros

Once the software is implemented maintenance is a BREEZE! Executing onboarding, payroll, benefits, any changes to employee profiles, etc. take moments instead of minutes or hours. Rippling sends out emails that are relevant and helpful (eg. policy changes) I also appreciate that Rippling continues to improve and add to their available apps for integration and services they provide within the platform.

Cons

Rippling has a great help center with step-by-step instructions of how to do everything on the platform as well as a chat feature with helpful people available. I wish there was a number where I could call someone easily. Even though there are instructions that are available and really well executed, there are times where I'm in a pinch and don't have the time to look through the resources and during those times I wish there was a number available to talk to a person for a brief phone call.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Rippling is visually appealing, well organized, and easy to use.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Rippling's ability to integrate with multiple products.

Chelsea from Betts Recruiting

Huge Positive Change moving to Rippling

We were able to replace several different software solutions with Rippling and drop our costs dramatically by combining payroll, IT, HR and single sign on all in one platform has been a game changer.

Pros

I have tried 4 different payroll systems and Rippling has been BY FAR my favorite. It is very user friendly on both the user side and the administrative side. The team loved it right away and it makes onboarding, offboarding, payroll, hardware tracking and adding new software platforms seamless.

Cons

We had a little trouble when we first onboarded and set up our benefits in Rippling, but we were able to work with the Rippling support team and get everything straightened out and since then, things have been very simple.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

We were very happy with Paycom, but one demo with Rippling and they blew them out of the water! Cost savings, easy of use, great user experience, streamlined onboarding and offboarding, hardware management, and so much more!

Meredith from RFG Advisory

Payroll Company of the Future

Overall experience with Rippling has been great. We got off to a rocky start for implementation, but customer service has stepped up their game since then so and we have been very pleased!

Pros

I really like the ease of running payroll. We are also able to onboard employees efficiently without a bunch of paper being sent back and forth. The reports you can run are endless, which is amazing.

Cons

It can be a little confusing to use at first. It took us a few months to get a good grasp on the software, and there are still features we don't know about.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Rippling is truly a payroll software company of the future, so it was a no-brainer choice.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Customer service was not up to par.

Misty Marie from Gnomon

Rippling Is a Life Saver

Everything about Rippling has exceeded our expectations. From the software, to the people we deal with, moving to Rippling has proven to be one of the best choices we've made as a company. We also appreciate that they are always moving forward with additions and improvements. This company is truly innovative and the best option out there today!

Pros

I liked how easy it was to get setup, get all of our employees into the system and using it regularly, and how easy it is to manage most of our HR data.

Cons

The PTO app could use some work, but the support team is working on improvements. It works well but some of our employees are a bit confused by the app sometimes.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

ADP didn't suit our business needs. We weren't able to customize it the way we needed, it was difficult to use, and our employees found it difficult to navigate.

rachel from LoadUp Technologies LLC

Rippling is great!

As a growing company, we are implementing new rules and procedures and with that, we need a software that can suggest ideas and have the ability to do what is needed. If there are any questions on what we should do as a company, Rippling is there to help.

Pros

Rippling is overall a great application that is easy to use and the integration was also straightforward. From onboarding to time and attendance, the product is easy to navigate and ensures we are implementing the correct processes.

Cons

There are a few small development issues that I have come across that Rippling is actively working on. Nothing has been specific enough to announce.

n/a

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Our company was growing (Still is) and Rippling with its features was the best option in the market for what we need and forsee in the future!

Josh from Blue Energy Group

Rippling is a one stop shop

Customer service has been the highlight so far. Very prompt service!

Pros

It takes care of all my payroll, insurance, deductions, pto time, onboarding, and offboarding all in one place.

Cons

Nothing really other than just having to go through a rigorous set up and transition process.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

It was more compatible and integrated better with other brands of software.

Rippling does way more

Alexis from Reeder Brothers Enterprise

Game-changer for our company!

Overall, it's been a dream experience. We are so glad we switched over. There are many pro's that have come along with the switch and it's made onboarding and payroll so much more manageable for all that are involved.

Pros

I really like the onboarding features of Rippling. We were doing all of our paperwork by hand and it was quite a headache for the employers, managers and the employees. We love the ease of filling out paperwork and sending out our paperwork. Onboarding is breeze now with Rippling!

Cons

It has taken some time for us to get used to not having phone support/designate rep, as everything is via email. The times we have had emergencies, we have had quick responses. But we do miss the ability to call up our representative when we have a rare payroll emergency.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

We were needing a company that incorporated onboarding features.

Maria from ELECTROGUARD

Life Saver because is so user friendly one stop shop for everything we need to run the Company.

Our payroll, onboarding, and Off-boarding has been extremely easy as well as integrating several apps in just one platform to conduct our business proficiently and efficiently like never before we totally love it it’s just so complete.

Pros

We enter the information just one time, so easy to use to customize, all the integrations needed to efficiently run our company.

Cons

I really liked it a lot from the very beginning.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Because offered everything we were looking for: Security, options, integration in to one platform. We are really Thankful because it’s been a life saver for us.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Looking into more secure, complete integration in to just one platform.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,171 reviews