Browse ABBYY FineReader PDF Reviews

Pattar and Co. from Pattar and Co. CPA, Inc.

Extremely valuable tool in fostering automation for my small-sized accounting firm

For anyone in the finance industry, it is now simply understood that numbers are no longer "crunched" by overworked accountants battling customer-driven deadlines. That is all gone by way of automation. The only hang-up to a seamless input into automation is the fact that much of it still is stored as paper, believe it or not. My firm in particular made a push to start digitizing all of our records and in this process, I learned much about OCR technology. There are hundreds of products that say they can OCR, but the fact that ABBYY can process a HUGE variety of documents, fonts, etc. , this saves a lot of time correcting the output and actually getting searchable documents onto file storage. I just hope that this product continues to develop and remains at its reasonable price point.

Pros

It literally helped my firm save HUNDREDS of man-hours of data entry by running all of our scanned documents through ABBYY and relying heavily upon its OCR to produce a variety of formats which we were able to quickly cross verify and enter into the accounting software. In short, the quality and intelligence of their OCR engine is tremendously accurate and fast!

Cons

The licensing stuff is a little TOO strict and often the remote licensing procedure has to be manually restarted within WIndows Services. We eventually bought more licenses after realizing that ABBYY will be a critical component in my firm's efforts to digitize all of our records and hard copies onto our cloud-hosted server. However, for a very small business that may not warrant another license purchase, they will quickly find out that ABBYY is quick to detect multiple sessions of the same serial code and will block both out. A little excessive, but I can understand their strict use and protection of this fine product.

Helen from Piedmont Law Partners

Industry: Law Practice

Abbyy FineReader - Simply the best!

Excellent! Although I have Adobe on my laptop, I never use it anymore!

Pros

It's easy to use, and has all the features and functionality that I need. I like the user interface quite a bit. It's so user-friendly - not surprising with how intuitive the functionality is.

Cons

Actually, I can't think of a single thing I don't like, or like less, about this software. It's so user friendly, and such a great value for the price!

Reasons for Switching to ABBYY FineReader PDF

Abbyy is more reasonably priced. I was so pleased to see that the functionality is much better, even at a lower price.

Response from ABBYY Software House

Replied November 2020

Dear Helen, Thank you for sharing your positive experience of working with FineReader PDF. Best Regards, ABBYY FineReader Team

Christopher from Aedes acris

ABBYY Fine trader PDF Review

My overall experience with this software is pretty good I solve a lot of works on different purposes

Pros

This software is very accurate and effective to read make pdfs save important files also to collaborate and merge some.docs

Cons

Sometimes some.features are not too clearly to use and to get all the functions you get to buy a very full version of the software and some people can't get it

Reasons for Switching to ABBYY FineReader PDF

Sometimes I'm just like to read and use this software

decent Pdf reader

Pros

ABBYY is a very good PDF reader. lightweight software compared to other solutions

Cons

Features are not very comprehensive such with the industry standards

David from Davolyn Consulting

Full Featured Product

I love it. I had been looking for something like this and discosvered it via a recommendation.

Pros

The ability to extract to Excel was my main requirement. This makes it quite easy although its not perfect. Having said that some of the pdf files were not that clear so I was asking a lot. It is the best I have seen for the price.

Cons

I have notintegrated it with my processes and probably use less than 20% of its capacity. I expect that it will useful for me to spend more time learning. Not sure there is much availble online though. It woudl be nice to udnerstanda process flow.

Reasons for Choosing ABBYY FineReader PDF

Price and after usign a free trial I was hooked.

Jelena from Novista, Beograd

Powerfull tool for document archiving, document conversion, OCR and digitalization.

If you need to work with documents, this is a great tool for recognition, digitalization and conversion. Price is high and it uses high resources on a computer. If you have a high volume of documents to work with, this is a great tool.

Pros

Abbyy FineReader support for almost all languages is impressive. We use many different languages, so it is very important for us to have a tool that can recognize well. It is easy to use, with the simplified interface, one can work fast, through materials. FineReader can export to different types which is also a great function. Convert document formats and make them searchable, from scanned documents, screenshots or images to pdfs and html. It is very good for creating new documents from multiple files, which can be imported in one project then exported to a new file.

Cons

The price is fairly high for those who don't have many documents. It crashes sometimes while scanning documents with older scanners or when given more demanding tasks, like automatic scan of multiple pages. If the scan is lower quality, or font is small, there are some mistakes that need to be fixed manualy, which can be time consuming.

Kristina from Interprefy

One of the best OCR softwares

FineReadear is still one of the best OCR softwares out there and I've been using it for the last 15 years. But I have to admit that there are more and more free solutions out there which offer similar functionalities.

Pros

One of the oldest and best OCR softwares

Cons

There are some free solutions which offer similar functionalities.

Response from ABBYY Software House

Replied November 2020

Dear Kristina, Thank you for sharing your positive experience of working with our product. With more than 20 years of experience, FineReader's AI-based OCR technology is a leader in the industry. While it is true that there is an increasing number of free solutions entering the market, the exceptional quality of OCR conversion achieved using FineReader cannot be matched with a free solution. Most (if not all) free solutions offer very poor OCR quality, with limited functionality (lacking support of all types of PDFs for example) and limited size of documents for processing. Free solutions also often require additional plugins and tend to be quite unreliable (no warranty, no professional support available). While a free version might be O.K for a quick, one time conversion, for effective and long-term work with documents, a full professional version is needed. Best Regards, ABBYY FineReader Team

Aris from POWERPC

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Best OCR and PDF Editor Ever

We scan multiple pages for customers and convert them to text so that they can use them, edit them, so that they can later archive or publish them.

Pros

ABBYY FineReader saves me a lot of time because customers bring on our store Documents all the time and they want to convert them to pdf with text selection available. I have to say they support many languages for OCR, and I did not expect to see the Greek language in the list. Even though some times the recognition of the text recognizes 99% of the image, you can scan the document again for characters and it manages to recognize it 100%!!! It's amazing how it works. Also, there is a control that you can select which area to scan only so that it doesn't get confused by another irrelevant characters, images etc. I like the preview features where I can edit some text before saving it to pdf or word document.

Cons

There is nothing to mention here. Everything work and it delivers what it promises.

Arbaz from DRDO

Good

Pros

Interface is good and fast things are not complicated like other apps

Cons

Nothing so far its great app and with great interface

Price

Just for a chance

Josip from Elfo trgovina i servis

OCR that works!

Pros

ABBYY FineReader is a leader in OCR software and that means that their OCR is the best. It can perform character recognition in any language. I am amazed by all the functions that this piece of software has but one thing is so cool and I use it almost every day to help me organize papers in my office. That is "Hot Folder" - every time you add some document into the desired folder it automatically converts it for you into any type of document you want. It can be editable PDF, Word or any other combination you would ever want. It can do it! Text is recognized very well and without any errors almost every time.

Cons

Sometimes it is struggling with some special letters from foreign languages like Cyrillic or some letters like čćšđž and many times I found that those are recognized wrong. Also, it tends to keep layout and formatting as the original document but sometimes it doesn't work well. Also, when you are trying to manually select area for the recognition it can be very hard and tiring to do all that manually because the software didn't recognize page properly. Most of the times that is not needed but when you are shooting or scanning in lower resolutions be prepared for that.

Alex from IFAS

Most versatile OCR software

I use Abby for a number of purposes, however where it is most useful to me is to convert financial data for analysis in Microsoft Excel for further analysis.

Pros

One of the most useful aspects of Abbyy Finereader, especially when compared to other OCR software is the level of control offered to the user. This enables poor quality scans as an example to be cleaned up and optimized for recognition. It is easy to edit pages collectively or individually to compensate for distortions and even deal with water marks and poor quality images. The accuracy is phenomenal and ability to use dictionaries or customize your own increases recognition capacity. Abbyy Fine Reader has greatly improved over the years and i expect great things from them in the future as technology evolves.

Cons

I do have a wish list: A setting to have ability to ignore pages during recognition. The ability to ignore a column within a table. A way to verify text in a chosen sequence such as down then up and or select areas to ignore.

Alvaro from Maynilad Water Services, Inc.

Industry: Utilities

Scan, OCR, Edit!

Powerful OCR software for both PC and Mac! Works offline, and can do the job in batches hassle-free.

Pros

I've been using Abbyy Finereader for about a decade now (since I stumbled upon it with a friend who digitized a lot of his readings). Abbyy is a powerful OCR software! I say powerful, because it captures nearly everything you throw at it, JPG, PDF... and if you're lucky, even handwritten notes are captures (often as image, but sometimes as text too!). It allows to import directly to Microsoft word for text editing. It even mimics the original scanned document in terms of the page layout and text sizes. Very useful for digitizing your existing documents (which you do not have a digital copy of). Heck, you can even scan and OCR an entire book! (copyrights apply, of course). Another good thing for me.... I can use if offline! Modern OCR apps require you to go online (which I cannot always be given the nature of my work and travels).

Cons

Now there are many other alternatives to using ABBYY as an OCR software, and most come as a free service (e.g., Google, Dropbox). It is even made easier now due to the proliferation of mobile phones. Scan a document via mobile phone, then use the online services for OCR, all for free now.

Eugene from https://db2.io/

A convenient program for scanning and recognizing documents

Pros

Earlier I had to work a lot with the documents of our company and client contracts. For example, the customer brought a paper version of the contract, I scanned it, recognized it, rules of error, etc. And all this happened with the help of Fine Reader professional versions. I also like that you can translate and save in various formats. For example, text in the format djwu or pdf, and even not copied, after carrying out the text through this program you can save the text in Word and use it anywhere and anyhow. In general, this is a simple and convenient program, albeit not cheap.

Cons

I happened that some versions of ABBYY Fine Reader did not recognize the printer and I had to reinstall the program or run to a colleague and ask him to print the necessary document processed in the application. In doing so, I had a standard Canon printer, so there should not be any problems.

SK from Gen-Ct Support

Excellent software for my internet cafe not requiring me to type texts manually all the time

I hate typing. This software helps me avoid typing and yet be productive.

Pros

Amazed with this software which I wonder should have known earlier for my typing needs for my internet cafe. Earlier, I used to type manually all the typing jobs I used to receive in hard copy. When I came to know about this software, I could not believe that just with a scan copy of printed text, the technology could sense and give me output in word form. Typing is after all a monotonous job. I now just scan the hard copy and done. Also, no need to type manually jpg or pdf files, saving lot of time and energy adding productivity to the work place.

Cons

However, the software too often fails when the hard copy is hand written instead of typed text. There is a lot of room for improvement here and the makers of this software should be aware of the same. Hopefully, future versions should also be adept in figuring out hand-written texts accurately.

Ahmet from Atas Lighting

Industry: Building Materials

Cool recognizes text, functional develops

Pros

Our company is quite modern, but many customers and customers still work according to the old scheme: they create a document, print it out and bring it to us. They are so comfortable, and we have to transfer everything back to the computer. Manually, of course, we do not do this, but use FineReader. It does an excellent job with the conversion, but errors sometimes happen, especially with regard to the recognition of special characters. In general, I like everything.

Cons

The 14th version of the program does not work correctly: the automatic brightness adjustment broke, the document opens on the second attempt, the contrast change function disappears. Hope this is fixed.

Evgeny from Luxoft

I've tried different recognition programs, but Fine Reader is the best!

Pros

I have been using Fine Reader ever since the 4 version appeared on sale and is very pleased with the result of the work. For example, if earlier only the text of excellent quality was suitable for recognition, now the photo from the phone is quite suitable for the program. I, for example, so easily recognize the preliminary contracts that customers bring. I just take pictures of them on my phone, transfer them to a computer and then easily process the document as I need.

Cons

Some characters, often found in my documents, Fine Reader has never learned to recognize. I have to insert such symbols in manual mode, which takes a lot of time.

Chuck from Phantom Scrivenings

Industry: Writing and Editing

Best in Class OCR

I was implementing an extraction engine for clients, to extract information from image-based PDFs to be used in a bespoke solution. I evaluated several competing solutions- some open source. But none came close to ABBYY. Though there were procurement and licensing issues, they worked with us and legal to work through it. We were even able to customize it with a licensing server that made keeping track of the license terms and use very easy.

Pros

The support was top notch They worked with us for licensing Very flexible Very powerful features Very accurate

Cons

The price can be prohibitive The licensing can be painful to work through

Reasons for Choosing ABBYY FineReader PDF

The quality was head and shoulders above the competition.

Rishi from Bhatia Clothe Store

Typing from scratch to only editing

We have replaced the habit of typing from scratch to only editing with an initial copy accurate close to 99 percent.

Pros

When it comes to printed texts of which we have no soft copy, earlier the only way to make it digital was typing (not talking about image formats like jpg). With ABBYY FineReader, I have reduced the amount of typing by almost 99 percent. Often, customers come to us with printed papers asking for reproducing the same with a bit of editing. We now just scan the copy, upload to ABBYY FineReader, and get the final output in MS Word format. I wish I should have known about this technology much earlier.

Cons

The software is constantly improving and there is always a room for improvement in deciphering text more accurately when the input given not so clear.

Kevin from Hughes & Coleman

Industry: Law Practice

Great product

We use it with a Fujitsu scanner and a PC with a 6 core i7 processor, and the results are fantastic.

Pros

FineReader is exceptional at doing OCR and pairs well with a high-end scanner and strong CPU. It supports multi-cores, and with the right Intel processor will do an exceptional job running OCR on thousands of pages in short order.

Cons

It takes a bit of tweaking with the scan settings to find just the right setup for your hardware so that the OCR process runs as quickly as possible while giving you great accuracy.

Reasons for Switching to ABBYY FineReader PDF

ScandAll was much slower to process, and didn't support multi-core.

Brittany from University of South Australia

Frequent updates please

Pros

I bought ABBYY FineReader in order to digitize contracts, brochures and other documents. I like the fact that developers monitor their product: they constantly fix bugs, add new useful features and modify old ones. The product is just nice to use.

Cons

The program used to be very bad. Auto brightness and a preview of the result did not work there. It was possible to save documents in only a few formats, because most were not supported. Now the program has already been finalized, I did not find any shortcomings in the latest version.

Natalia from Manpower

An indispensable program for my work

Pros

A significant part of my work is office routine - working with documents, processing files of candidates for a particular position. FineReader is helping me out with text recognition. I do not know what to do without it. It saves a lot of time, while the finished text almost does not have to edit.

Cons

The program consumes a lot of resources. Because of this, I did not immediately understand why my computer began to work more slowly. Partially solved the problem like this: disabled autoload with Windows.

Cynde from College Finance

Quickly recognize text

Pros

There are individuals who continue to send scans of the text instead of the usual file. To edit a document, you have to use a program that translates the image into the usual docx format. The FineReader service does a good job with text recognition.

Cons

You can't do without mistakes - it is advisable to reread the resulting text at least once. Surely there are a couple of typos in it. In addition, the formatting is often broken during the translation.

Joseric from Maynilad Water Services, Inc.

Industry: Utilities

Must have for the digital transformation

Pros

In our efforts since last year to move into a fully digital (paperless) office, we found that we're still far off. We still have several manual business processes that involve passing around physical paper/forms. Then we found Abby Finereader. We are using this software to scan our documents and convert some of them into a searchable PDF or the ability to use OCR technology to be able to edit the scanned documents in MS Word or Google Docs (ready for cut&paste etc). Much help also is the feature which allows us to automate our doc conversions via what is called a 'Hot Folder' This allows for scheduled and batch jobs. So just set it up, let it run while you do other things, then come back to a finished job. Lastly, I love the fact that Abby Finereader now has a client for Android use. Now we can do our work on the go, and send it direct via email or save to the cloud. Very useful for meetings and workshops outside the office.

Cons

To be honest, I have no gripes with Abbyy. I've been using it for a long time now and it has really improved a lot (with more features) over the years.

Melania from Help Net Farma

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Lightning fast digitization

Pros

I have been working with text recognition software for a long time, but ABBYY FineReader surprised me. I have not seen before that digitization was done so quickly. I also like that the program understands not only text, but also recognizes tables.

Cons

In general, I am satisfied with the program, but the program confuses some symbols. The most frequent problem is when the program instead of zero writes the other letter.

Need to take paper to digital? Use THIS.

I implemented it on my father's work place. They run a medical facility, and receive much documentation in paper. Being able to digitalize that paperwork in a pre-automated way has saved them a lot of time and effort, inceasing efficiancy, A LOT.

Pros

Have lots of documentation that needs to be digitalized? This is the tool you're looking for.

Cons

Handwriting recognition could improve. Some spanish characters are not well recognized, but this has been enhanced over the years.

Jesus from Blue Squares Creative, LLC

Excellent PDF OCR solution

Pros

This software came bundled with my Fujitsu ScanSnap and I've been using it for over 12 years. The software is still running perfectly and converting my scans to PDF and OCR'ing them for future reference. It's been reliable throughout and it's easy to use and save file in multiple formats.

Cons

I don't have any cons considering this was free bundled software and it's done an excellent job.

Great software with some issues

Excellent value for the money, I wish they could solve the "out of memory" issue.

Pros

This is an amazing piece of software for handling large amount of scanned documents. When it's working it's probably 5x-10x faster than Adobe Acrobat DC in recognizing text. Customer support is also very responsive.

Cons

It often runs out of memory on larger documents, regardless of how much free memory your PC has. This usually happening above 1,000 pages. I think the issue is that this is a 32bit software and cant address memory of over 4GB, but somehow Adobe could manage the same on 32bit (but of course Adobe is much slower). This could be quite annoying when you scanned in 1000+ pages and unable to save the file, not fun starting it again the scanning. We have tried the tips from customer support but it wont help. The workaround is to scan smaller documents and use Acrobat or similar to combine them. Basically you need both Acrobat and Finereader for a good setup, what is a shame cause otherwise Finereader is really great.

Finereader has much faster OCR

Grigoriy from Genius Marketing

Good option for document recognition

Pros

The FineReader software is one of the most used by me, I work with the program almost daily. It recognizes scanned pages without any difficulties, and also makes it possible to import Microsoft text just as easily.

Cons

Not all versions of ABBYY FineReader work equally well. Preview and automatic brightness settings do not function. No tool to connect multiple files into one.

Tanya from SSA LTD

Superior scan recognition

Pros

This is one of the most frequently used programs by me, which I regularly use to recognize scanned text pages of documents. Copes with PDF conversion. Support all popular formats.

Cons

Preview does not work and automatically adjust the brightness, the lack of a tool with which you can combine several files into one. Difficulty with pattern recognition.

Julia from https://www.sportlife.ua

High-quality text scanning

Pros

Almost every day I have to scan quite large volumes of documents, which, strictly speaking, FineReader copes perfectly well, providing high quality scanning in the shortest possible time.

Cons

Even on a fairly powerful personal computer, opening large files, not to mention converting them to other formats, often takes a considerable amount of time.

Amanda from Providence Academy

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Easy text recognition

Pros

I like the fact that FineReader has a lot of available languages and a large set of functions that make it easy to perform text recognition. Integration with large cloud services works well.

Cons

Sometimes it is necessary to make some edits manually, and for the full use of the software I needed to spend time studying using additional tutorials.

Zainab from Einstein Automotive Services

ABBYY Finereader is the best OCR software

I have been able to save time which is a very important factor in my business line, time suppose to be spent on transcribing document and also it was possible to digitalize old files

Pros

My first encounter with the software was when I used it to convert a file from pdf to word and that was ABBYY Finereader 11. Over the years, I upgraded and started using the OCR to convert images, scanned files, screenshot to any file format (pdf, doc, docx, txt etc) and this helps save time transcribing and also the recognition quality is great when it comes to recognizing languages and text font. I would strongly recommend this software to anyone.

Cons

After converting files (pdf/image) to word sometimes the texts gets scrambled and also it does not recognize special characters and some symbols so a little reviewing is required.

Rajana from https://mytaskhelper.com

This is the best copywriter's assistant!

Pros

I work as a copywriter and I often have to scan some materials. With their recognition, FineReader does an excellent job. I often need to keep the original format of the letter / book / magazine, including pictures, drawings, tables, diagrams, graphics, etc. Previously, it was all a long time and was done manually in the Word. And now, it's not the first year that we bought this wonderful program Finereader from ABBYY and life has been adjusted.

Cons

The program is quite powerful, it requires good computers to work properly, if you have to work on a weak technique, the software is very slow and constantly freezes.

antonio from Cuervo Music

a good OCR to work easily

While doing my studies, it really helped me a lot by allowing me to access some files and thus modify them or extract paragraphs that I needed for some presentations or some projects.

Pros

1.- easy to install and with a small size in relation to other similar programs. 2.- The cost is not that high if you use it regularly. 3.- There are many tutorials and videos to learn how to use it. 3.- The results are quite good, the character recognition process is very effective. 4.- It allows to export the files to several formats, and even allows to open and change the format without using the OCR.

Cons

I do not think it has negative things, but some things to improve, such as some faults that can have when recognizing the characters in a pdf, but it is not something so serious considering that much of the work is done very well .

Mariia from Svitla Systems, Inc.

Software that recognizes texts almost 100%

Pros

In my work I have been using FineReader for a long time and if the first versions of the program recognized the texts badly, and I did not want to talk about formulas and special symbols - they had to be added manually, but now the situation has improved significantly. So, I easily recognize the texts typed by different, even outlandish fonts, and the technology of adaptive recognition helps to work with the whole document, and not its separate pages.

Cons

The cost of the software package is rather high in my opinion. Also, FineReader very heavily loads the processor.

Vitaly from Issoft

Multifunctional program, but it is not perfect

Pros

I use the program to digitize scans of documents. Most of all I like that the program contains many useful features. One of my favorites is Hot Folder. Thanks to this feature, you can customize tasks and the program will digitize the necessary documents automatically. You can enable this feature and just do other things.

Cons

The program is not perfect. Errors will inevitably appear during digitization. Most often, the program incorrectly digitizes small print or documents scanned in low quality. To reduce the number of errors, you have to pre-adjust the image contrast, etc.

Frantisek from Self-Employed

Industry: Translation and Localization

Professional OCR solution

I can only recommend it. Have been using it for quite some time and there is nothing else so feature-heavy! If you need OCR for your documents, this is the right tool for you.

Pros

Excellent OCR software with abundant features. I personally use it as a first step in OCR and subsequently edit the result once again, but it helps out massively. It is very practical that you can select specific areas and mark them as text, table or picture... Language support is also excellent allowing you to select almost any language.

Cons

The result might be sometimes rather unclean requiring a lot of additional work, but that is mostly due to very messy source files.

David from Devil's Party Press

Industry: Publishing

The Best OCR Reader on the Market

Overall my experience with ABBYY FineReader PDF has been extremely positive. Although I've not used it for an extended period of time as of this writing, it has more than paid for itself in terms of time saved. Highly recommended if your line of work requires conversion of PDFs to editable file formats.

Pros

The software is fantastic in its ability to quickly and, most importantly, with accuracy, covert PDF files for optical character reading (OCR). It outputs high-quality OCR and has an easy-to-use interface that even newcomers can grasp. It also allows you to export to multiple file formats in addition to Microsoft Word. What I like most about this software is the amount of time we save by using it.

Cons

There is really nothing negative about this software. I have noticed that when I do searches, it's a bit slow, but overall that is a very minor quibble and one that should not prevent one from using it.

Laszlo from LICENCIA Trading Co. Ltd

Most accurate OCR

Very good OCR accuracy. Easy to use

Pros

Good accuracy and very feature rich. PDF editing is easy. Unique file comparison tool. Hoit Folder automation.

Cons

Slow start. In case great file size the OCR process and out file generation could take long time.

Feodosiy from Admitad GmbH

Functional application for document recognition

Pros

To work with the documentation, I use the capabilities of the ABBYY FineReader application. This tool allows you to easily and quickly recognize text from scans and photos, and this information can be immediately edited. There is a useful function for me to convert documents from one format to another. You can compare two documents for inconsistencies in the text.

Cons

The main drawback of ABBYY FineReader is the inability to view the history of document changes in your account. The second minus is that there is no tool for merging several files into one.

Hyacinth from Holy Trinity Color Photo Lab

Industry: Photography

ABBYY FineReader Review

Pros

Image Character Recognition. PDF Reader. File Conversion i.e. I can save in other formats. Easy GUI Interface Import/Export system

Cons

I will like ABBYY FineReader to include the Sign and Send Feature into their system

Reasons for Choosing ABBYY FineReader PDF

ABBYY FineReader has really made my work easier because before, i do reject extraction for text from and image but now thanks to ABBYY FineReader i can now collect as many as possible and work on them with ease. because with ABBYY FineReader, i can extract text, images and even edit and image and re save as that same format without any mistake. I love ABBYY FineReader.

Eric from www.heal10.com

Good program

Pros

I use the program, it's great! I like to recognize the text. Always convenient and fast. The software takes up little space and is installed on almost all computers. The program is especially good when I recognize the PDF format.

Cons

The full version with all the feature set costs a lot of money, but after a month of use, even in a small office, it pays off quite well.

Peter from diamondvita.com

I don't know how I used to live without Fine Reader

Pros

It often happens that you photograph the text or customers send it in pdf format, and you need to edit it, but you can't do it. And then this wonderful program comes to the rescue. Download, install, open and see the window in which we are asked what action we want to get. All, we choose the necessary and the task can be considered fulfilled.

Cons

The cost of the program is not affordable for everyone. And I would also like to have a free trial version in full format. I would like to test all the functionality before the purchase for at least 2 weeks.

Deborah from Johnson Ferry Chiropractic

ABBY FINE READER

This program is utilized in our office when we have to look up data and it needs to be printed on paper.

Pros

It is a no brainer, it does the work for you when downloading a document to print it is just available when you need it.

Alex from Logic Way

Fast text recognition

Pros

When you need to change something in the text, which I have only in paper form, you have to translate the file into Word. For this, I use ABBYY FineReader - the service recognizes the text fairly quickly. I am glad that the software does not violate the formatting.

Cons

Unfortunately, the result is worth checking for errors. The program often changes words, allows stupid blots and so on. Once I did not recheck the document - I had to get a reprimand from the authorities, because the contract was extremely important.

Polina from http://www.diamondvita.com

The coolest program to scan

Pros

It is convenient for me to use, especially pleasing that you can scan with one button, and not perform many operations. For example, in a few days I was able to scan and recognize a book of 400 pages, by the way, in no other program so quickly it did not work. The program can be overpowered and not possessing a special mind.

Cons

The minus is that at the moment you can't scan and process the manuscript, which sometimes happens to be very important. Can someday do this function. In all other minuses I did not notice.

Tomasz from PBS

Industry: Research

ABBYY FineReader is my evereday partner

I have been using Abbby FineReader for few years and it is awsome how much it simplifies my office life. I recognize printscreens, sacnned pdfs and it really can speed my work a lot.

Pros

Does what it designed to in really simple way

Ran from LastMileLink Technologies

Industry: Information Services

Real assistance in the preparation of documents

Pros

Sometimes I get a technical task from customers, crookedly scanned or even just photographed on a smartphone. It is not always possible to distinguish what is written on paper. The FineReader service helps to solve this problem. After working with the document, you can convert it to another format.

Cons

The first drawback of FineReader is that users do not have the ability to obtain offline access to personal documents in the system. The second drawback is the lack of a tool to control file versions.

Campbell from Ciklum

Powerful document conversion tool

Pros

Thanks to the use of ABBYY FineReader, our company managed to save a significant amount of time on entering information, launching scanned files and eventually getting them in many different formats. With FineReader there is no need to manually type huge scanned pieces of text - everything is now done almost automatically.

Cons

In the presence of poor quality scanned documents, some errors arise that need to be corrected manually by yourself, spending a considerable amount of time for this.

James from Pickles Auctions

Industry: Wholesale

Very useful

ABBYY FineReader is a useful product that has some many benefits.

Pros

ABBYY OCR is great at converting documents from PDFs, useful if you want to do analysis of company statements or reports that only come in PDF. Converting to other formats is useful, especially with apps that do text to speech. I take advantage of this because I don’t always have time to read and can cover more reports or documents this way.

Cons

-Getting the OCR right, and training characters is tedious, if you decide to use your own dictionaries. -Depending on format settings, when converting to word, re-jigging the format is word can be a pill! It’s best you avoid to much formatting.