All Kisi Reviews

Gardner

A Seamless Experience for Elegant Security

Pros

The Kisi Keyless Door Access system has been a success in our office space. I had heard about Kisi's reputation for quality products and outstanding customer care - after our initial consultation and conversation, I was sold. From purchase to install to everyday use, we've been extremely satisfied with Kisi. To remain HIPAA compliant, it is paramount that we have a locked office door at all times. Other locks or ID systems are bulky and archaic. Kisi has created a sleek, pseudo-sexy model that is beautifully enigmatic in our entryway. We especially love the RFID capabilities and that our phones can be our access keys! No more losing expensive key cards or fumbling with outrageous FOBS. Our pockets are weighed down enough! We had one glitchy day in the system, and Kisi was super-responsive in handling the blackout. I was impressed with how they communicated with me and their efforts in getting us back online within a few moments. Overall, I highly recommend using this product and working with Kisi. They have been and continue to be a pleasure to work with!

Cons

The only downside to the Kisi hardware is that the actual hardware options are fairly limited. We have a new space that requires an in-door mounted security system - something Kisi doesn't offer (yet!).

Kris

December 2021

Seamless. Easy to Setup and reliable!

We've been recommending Kisi to our clients for years. It wasn't until we moved into our own office that we decided to utilize it internally. We were previously in a co-working space. Kisi has always been easy to use and manage. As an Admin in our Kisi instance, I'm able to easily add users, create groups and set custom policies depending on the employee.

Pros

I consider myself the least technical person on our team. When we moved into our new office, we already knew we wanted to leverage Kisi. I was tasked with setting up the hardware in our office. It was pretty easy and the Kisi app and their excellent documentation walks you through the entire process. Once it's setup, the mobile app makes it really easy to get access into your space. You can even set up physical 'badges' to access the space. This is great for contractors or external staff who need access to your space but don't necessarily want or need to use the Kisi app.

Cons

Rarely, the door reader won't always pick up my device to unlock the door. If you have an iPhone, putting your device to Kisi's reader will automatically trigger ApplePay. Given, this is a device 'feature' as opposed to an issue with Kisi but it's something to keep in mind. Luckily, you can always open the app and manually press the button to open the door if need be.

Marc

November 2022

A really effective system run by individuals lacking honour (to gym business owners, at least)

I recently purchased a new set of doorlocks to get things ready for my third outlet, spending over US$2000 to get the items. Within 2 weeks of receiving the items and having paid for the subscription, I receive an email from the [SENSITIVE CONTENT] - stating that we will be automatically “migrated to a per user billing starting 1st Dec” (14 days notice).I have a very clearly defined customer contract that has been pre-paid for 1 year up until 1st November 2023. This includes number of integrations, number of users to support, etc. This is also very clearly described on the website. For my package, I have purchased 3 integrations (locations) and support of a database of up to 10,000 users.A day before my forced backend cleanse, I had ~1,700 users on my database - not even 20% of my allocated amount with only 70 users actually automatically syncing with our Glofox integrations.With the forced change in pricing, without doing anything my bill would increase to nearly $2000 per MONTH - this represents nearly a 50x cost increase per MONTH.The [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has stated that gyms with over 500 members will be subject to this changed rate - 5% of the existing agreement I have in place. This is bad business and is showcasing a lack of transparency in their capabilities.The only ‘recommendation’ by the [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is to limit my user count to 500 people... So, he is basically suggesting that a consumer business should not sell to new consumers and remain stagnant? Poor show.

Pros

We have been using KISI as our preferred access control manager due to their integration with Glofox - our gym management software provider - all the way from their first iteration of reader to their present day upgraded devices. We utilise their hardware across multiple locations, and the backend is effective at real-time tracking new users.The integration took us a long time to setup effectively, but once its up and running, the uploading and removal of new user data is seamless.

Cons

Their backend processes seem quite manual. In order to assign the relevant hardware to the relevant locations, it requires additional steps of contacting support to do so. The real issue is in their company's "Hardware" - refer to my overall experience to serve as a warning to all gym owners, and likely to all.They have implemented a force change in pricing to a per user per month charge without honouring existing locked-in contracts.There is no updated contract shared with me, nor do the terms and conditions on their agreements state that they can change our existing contract pricing. Just be warned!

Caitlin

Kisi is the way of the future

Pros

We couldn't run our coworking/event space without Kisi. As a business with 100+ members, multiple staff members and contractors, and a space that hosts frequent events this really is the only way to ensure the right people have access to your building at the times you choose. I also love that you can set permissions to when exactly they can access the space. For example, you can set permission to enter the space on 1 specific day (perfect for event hosts or contractors) or indefinitely (and can even set different permissions within that- i.e. whether or not they can access the space after hours or on the weekends, for example). Being able to unlock the doors remotely via the app has also been revolutionary for my (and the rest of our staff's) work/life balance (we don't need to drive to our location to open the doors with a key anymore it can all be done at home via the app)!

Cons

The only con (which is also a pro) is that it functions off of your wifi network, so if your wifi is down it could be a security issue.

Peter

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Centralized access control???? Oh and I would give customer support 6 starts out of 5 if it'd let me

Our company was looking for a way to control global access. Previously we had security companies do individual install and had to have someone at each location control access and issue cards for entry. We needed a way we could show that when someone left the org or was terminated we immediately disabled access, without hoping the person at the location was paying attention to delete access.

Pros

Kisi is the best way in the business to control access for multiple locations from one easy administrative portal. The app is easy to use and the hardware complements it perfectly. Our users love how easy it is to get in and out security teams love how easily it is to enable and disable access.

Cons

The features that I WISH Kisi had is actually already on their roadmap! I want SAML 2.0. They have it on the way. I want enhanced administrative levels of control, they already have that on the way!

Reasons for switching to Kisi

Because Kisi had everything we needed and their staff was beyond helpful getting us up and running.

Wojciech

Industry: Information Services

Kisi Office Security

Pros

It was much cheaper than competitors when we were looking for options for our new office. The admin portal and features that Kisi offer are also much more modern and easier to use. They keep adding features and improve on the existing ones. We never had any issues with the system and it gave our users flexibility of using their phone as a keycard.

Cons

I wish they included some features for covid screening. As of now they only offer capacity management and tracing but it would be great to have a way to pre-screen anyone who wants to use our office using the same app they already have for accessing it.

Reasons for choosing Kisi

Kastle systems felt older and it was much more expensive. I believe this is due them not having an offering for smaller office/businesses. We only needed door security for 3 doors but their pricing felt like it was more for large business and they couldn't really accommodate for us. That was back in 2019 so it might have changed by now.

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Are you still using a key to open a door?

Pros

Very easy to use the app, just tab to the door on the app and the door is open. Sharing access can't be easier and the best part is we always get a notification when someone opens any of the doors. Also, Kisi provides a record of the entire usage of the app. I know who opened the door 4 years ago at 2 pm. Awesome, right? Thank you, Kisi for making our life easier and safer.

Cons

The users get used to having an easy access to the office. Tap to the phone and the door is open right away. They don't want to wait for even 5 seconds any more at the door :)

Ryan

Simple Access Control You Can Rely On

We're very happy with the Kisi platform. It is an access control solution that truly just works with enough options that it is applicable to most situations. We use Kisi for after-hours access control to one of our largest offices. We have over 100 end users setup to use the app and we've had zero complaints or trouble with operation from a user perspective.

Pros

As and admin, the service makes it super simple to configure all aspects to your entire access control solution. Configuring users, permissions and settings like scheduled unlocks takes seconds to configure. For users every aspect of the system has been rock solid. The app is straightforward and just works and is lightyears ahead of having to keep track of access cards/keys.

Cons

I wish gSuite Directory sync was more developed. It is a useful tool for being able to import your users, but you can not sync more than one-level deep into your organizational structure and that is very limiting. Also wish it was a two way sync or SSO. As it is, when a user leaves our company, we have to remove them from gSuite then login and remove them from Kisi.

Tara

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

The KISI software provides both easy access and dependable security!

Security and transparency!

Pros

The KISI software is incredibly easy to use and my team loves that we use an app to enter our suite. I also really like having the ability to grant temporary access to visitors.

Cons

The system is connected to Wifi and when it goes down (not KISI's fault) the KISI system is affected. Not a huge issue because this hardly ever happens and my regular key still works!

June 2022

Kisi is the best!

I absolutely love Kisi and recommend it to all of my customers. It's the best access control product I have integrated.

Pros

I love everything about this product! It's super intuitive and extremely easy to teach customer's how to use. Programming takes less than 5 minutes for most applications. The system always seems to work flawlessly and the readers and hardware are aesthetically pleasing. The Kisi tech support team is extremely responsive and helpful, and the sales people and management of Kisi are also fantastic!

Cons

They currently do not have a long range reader available. This has limited sales in some instances, but they are making a new panel with a Wiegand port which will fix this in the future, it will allow for 3rd party long range readers to be integrated into their product.

Reasons for choosing Kisi

I do not wish to name any other products , but I will say when compared to many other products on the market, I choose Kisi because of it's simplicity and ease of use.

Carolina

Robust system

We used Kisi in one room that needed to be protect, but at the same time we had another system in the rest of the office. Kisi was better than our other system, but still didn't meet all of or requirements. Our main goal was to have one system to all of our offices world wide and Kisi had that limititation.

Pros

Easy to assign cards, but the UI for the dashboard needed some improvements Admin can remotely open an lock the doors Ability to create self-expiring access passes as well as other time restrictions access.

Cons

Technical support - We found difficult to troubleshoot problems remotely No Okta integration

August 2022

Once impressive, not disappointing.

When we rolled it out around 4y ago they've been only "good" provider will fully cloud features so we've signed up for 5y regardless of them shipping everything from USA. Since then market vastly changed and I can no longer recommend them.

Pros

Allows for cloud management of access and using arbitrary NFC tokens.

Cons

Support is basically non existent, SSO costs extra, automated user enrolment via Google is poorly implemented, new login interface isn't user friendly especially on mobile. Mobile apps only recently stopped being web wrappers, admin interface still is.

Reasons for choosing Kisi

No, at the time there was no real competition.

Reasons for switching to Kisi

Local only environment that poorly handled power issues, management, cards, it was very old and bad.

Response from KISI

Thanks for the review - we do invest a lot in our in-house support and our product is the more robust than ever. Please get in touch with us so we can discuss your experience.

Replied August 2022

William

Easy entry to our office (and various rooms within) all through one app

Easy access to our building, configurable access for temporary employees and workers.

Pros

It's incredible how an entire building can have wifi locks installed so quickly with Kisi. Our office uses it for front/rear entrance, office side, and various closet spaces on the public side. We don't have a security system but still feel safe having Kisi

Cons

Sometimes the app is slow, thus delaying your entry into the building. Also, I didn't update my app for about 1 year and subsequently lost access to our building because the app kept crashing. My bad, but still it was inconvenient.

Russell

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Perfect solution for remote door control

Pros

Our company is unique in a way where our receptionists are all remote workers. They use video conferencing to meet and greet our visitors. Kisi allows them to control the office doors from the comfort of their home offices.

Cons

When we first purchased the service, we were one of the first companies to implement the solution. The initial setup at the beginning was cumbersome, but I'm sure it has improved since then.

Reasons for choosing Kisi

Brivo did not come up with their solution until after we've been using Kisi.

Gary

Industry: Facilities Services

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Great product covering different industries

Pros

Product is very easy to setup & install for different industries. We use it mainly to integrate with our own solution and again the set of APIs & documentation being available are great for developers to utilise. Most importantly I find their staff to be very helpful in resolving issues, as well as exchanging ideas on how we can configure Kisi products to overcome various challenges.

Cons

Each controller pro has 4 relays which may not be enough for larger scale implementation. Also it will be great if Kisi can provide more mobile app SDK and the ability for offline operations so customers do not need to worry about data connectivity issue.

Ana