• Pros

• "I love ShipStation. It was relatively easy to set up and very easy to train shipping staff to use. There customer support is always very helpful when needed."

• "It was cloud based and is easy to use. Great tool for our team to work together."

• "Love the ease and simplicity of using Shipstation. Everything is in one place, right where you need it!"

• Cons

• "There are USPS errors every once in a while when we go to printing labels. However, they are usually resolved quickly."

• "Setting up automation is a little difficult at first, but once you do a couple, you get the hang of it."

• "Can get a little confusing when dealing with international shipments but their support team is definitely top notch and can help you sort out the issues quickly. "

Browse ShipStation Reviews

David K from Dirigo Design & Development, Inc.

Test your shipping software - they're not all made the same

I moved from Stamps.com and cut my shipping and customer service time by 80%. I adopted this software at ~15 packages per day because it was more expensive than Stamps.com. Bad move!!! Pay extra for ShipStation from the start.

Pros

I've used ShipStation, ShippingEasy, ShipWorks, Stamps.com, Ordoro, and SolidCommerce with a few clients. My two favorite are ShipStation and ShippingEasy. They both have different strengths - sweat the small stuff because it really makes a difference if you're shipping 200+ packages a day. It's worth using two or more systems and then picking the best. The time spent is worth the effort. I use ShipStation for managing the shipping and customer service from my website, Amazon, Walmart, Jet, Ebay, and Etsy. The application is rock solid. Creating manual orders is simple, as is importing orders and combining shipments. I like that I can place orders on hold and setup future shipments. Other vendors like ShippingEasy cannot do this (yet). We get a fair number or orders that have a bad address and we're able to put orders on hold until we hear back from the customer. This shipping rules and kitting options are fairly robust. It is easy to identify return customers (this is something not done well by other platforms). The UI is very buttoned-up. ShipStation also has a superior "Search Customers" function that will search on 3 and 4 part names, city, state... Some of the other vendors fail here. Having good search reduces customer service time.

Cons

There are some things that ShippingEasy does better - e.g. they're a single page application and that means that the interface is super fast. ShipStation is slower as you mover around in the interface. I wish that ShipStation could manage my inventory across marketplaces and I'm in love with how some of the other vendors solicit reviews using marketing/email automation. I hope someday that vendors like ShipStation will also connect to Auth.net or Stripe.com so that we can Auth and Settle New Manual Orders. It takes a bit longer to learn ShipStation but if you're running a larger/complicated business you'll come to appreciate the power that comes with the complexity.

Ronald from Cali Fabrics

Shipstation Changed My Life

We started with shipstation when our small online shop was shipping well under 100 items a month. I'd tried a few other softwares, and none of them compared. Now, our business has grown many, many times over, and shipstation has scaled with us without a hitch. It's incredibly easy to use, integrates wonderfully with our online storefront, ebay, etc... I've recommended it to many, many people over the years, and I really can't imagine running my business without it!

Pros

Ease of use and feature richness. We had tried a couple of other shipping systems for our online shop, and none were as intuitive and user friendly as Shipstation. We were able to get up and running very quickly when we first started, and now, many years later, I've learned much of the the deep functionality that lays beneath the simple surface.

Cons

I had to think a while, but I do with the dashboard reporting was a bit clearer and easier to read. There are a couple of widgets on there that I have still to figure out quite how to read.

I preferred the interface

Ricky from Cardax, Inc

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Shipstation - Gets the job done!

Overall its great shipping software for an inexpensive price.

Pros

Shipstation gives us a simple and centralized system to ship out all our orders. Our orders from Shopify, Amazon, manual orders, etc flow through our inventory management software Stitch Labs which then routes it to Shipstation. Thus giving us one place for our order fulfillment center to work with. You can easily connect your FedEx, UPS, USPS accounts making it easy to just print labels and ship. There's nothing fancy about Shipstation, it's a pretty basic software but the main thing is that it works.

Cons

For some reason, the software interface Windows 2000ish. Feels old but it does the job. One thing I would like to see is if we could create shipment templates. We use Shipstation to ship out samples and we manually enter those orders into Shipstation. However, if the sample orders are the same and only the addressee is different, we need to input the sample order details for each time. It would be nice if we had some sort of shortcut or pre-saved template we could select to save time.

Bryan from Left Brain Logistics

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Shipstation is great software for the price, but it has its limitations

Shipstation is great, but as you scale out your business you will most likely need to move to a more robust WMS. For many start up companies that do not have a lot of inventory or a high volume of SKU's, Shipstation will provide a powerful tool that can help speed up fulfillment and release many of the frustration of shipping product while not costing you huge amounts of money.

Pros

Shipstation is great for companies that are looking for a label printing solution for there shopping carts. Shipstation is able to handle high volumes of orders and allows for labels to be pre-printed, which can greatly increase the fulfillment time. There are pretty good filtering options that can lead to more efficiencies when printing that can save time with your fulfillment team. Shipstation integrates with many different platforms fairly seamlessly, which allows for more diversity in the ever growing number of platforms that are out there. They are also constantly adding new platforms that can integrated with. I think the fact that this software is user friendly and efficient in its design makes this software a worthwhile investment for those that need a better shipping solution.

Cons

The issues that we have run into with this software as we have scaled to processing over 3000 shipments a day are too many holes which can cause many opportunities for errors, processing speeds, and lack of flexibility. When you are processing up to 3000 orders a day problems flesh themselves out quickly. One issue that has arisen is the inability to hold people accountable when errors occur. For example, since the labels are pre-printed there is not a simple to way to know who misshiped an order when it is sent incorrectly to a customer. On top of that, since the labels are pre-print there is no way to verify through software on the outbound that a shipment is correct. You have to trust that your team is packing order correctly, which is guaranteed to cause problems regardless. There is also the possibility that labels can be double printed or not printed at all since labels are processed and then a PDF is created to print orders. This has been costly for us an multiple occasions, which is hardly preventable no matter who you have printing. Due to the fact that Shipstation is cloud based this can cause issues with processing speeds. We have seen hang ups (especially on Mondays) that cause the whole team to be slowed down due. The other issue with cloud based system is the lack of flexibility for Shipstation to be customized to how you would like it. If changes are made they have to be made globally, which can take a while or just simply cannot happen altogether.

Brenda from SlideBelts Inc

ShipStation - Making retail life easy

Overall, I am satisfied with ShipStation. Its integration with our website makes it effortlessly easy to get orders out the door. I do not picture ever letting go of ShipStation.

Pros

Believe it or not, it's the little things that I enjoy about ShipStation. One of my favorites is the "Tags" feature. Being able to color coordinate particular orders is great! Aside from placing orders "On Hold", certain orders have to be identified and tagged. By tagging them, this allows us to avoid errors. Again, it's the little things that make a difference.

Cons

Shipstation's "Rate Calculator" could be better. Every time I utilize this feature, it gives me inaccurate rates. I mainly utilize this feature to give accounts quoted rates but after a handful of them turned out to be incorrect, I've had to go around it.

Brett from Texas Select Vapor

Industry: Tobacco

Shipping software that speeds things up

ShipStation has been crucial to our workflow and we'd have wasted hours a week if we were still having to manually enter data. The staff at ShipStation is helpful when you need them but they COULD do a better job implementing features that customers request.

Pros

We like that you can use ShipStation to import and update orders on your shopping cart software with very little effort.

Cons

The cost may be prohibitive for users only using minimal feature set, but still a good value compared to manually hand-jamming data.

Reasons for Choosing ShipStation

Both the user interface and integrations were slightly better with ShipStation.

Emily from Car Seat Headrest LLC

Shipstation is a must have for those who ship a lot!

Shipstation is wonderful. Their customer support is great, anytime I've had an issue, they've gotten back to me right away and solved it.

Pros

I love that it can connect right to my Bigcartel site. All I have to do is refresh, and all of my orders are there waiting to be shipped. Shipstation makes it incredibly easy to weigh, input package info, and ship packages. It comes in handy, especially during the holidays when all of the post offices are crazy busy with holiday shipping. I can just print my labels, and throw them in a blue mailbox!

Cons

There are a few minor things I would change (like uploading item info, and keeping weight of the items standard). In the grand scheme of things, though, there is nothing at all I don't like about this software. I honestly think it's perfect.

Scotty from Indy Over Everything, LLC

ShipStation is essential for small business

ShipStation has been a great improvement over what I was using before. It's just as clean and easy to use, but also provides a lot of physical efficiencies for my business.

Pros

What I like most is the ability to print directly onto adhesive labels. It sounds like a small thing, but having to print out labels on a paper, and then cut/fold them, and then place into a label sleeve takes a lot of time and effort when packaging a large number of orders. ShipStation allows me to print and stick in one easy step.

Cons

What I like least is because it is not affiliated with an official carrier service (FedEx, USPS, etc) I have to actually go and drop off the packages. A carrier will not come to my business to pick it up.

Peter from GOJO Industries

Industry: Chemicals

Shipstation brings all your shipping needs to one platform

Shipstation allowed us to use one account and centralize the online order fulfillment process with one platform, to easily manage package shipments from multiple order systems and using multiple shipping accounts (USPS, FedEx, etc.).

Pros

I absoutely love using shipstation to manage multiple ecommerce platforms with the ability to fulfill orders, print labels and organize all within one platform.

Cons

As shopify has expanded, it was tough at times to manage fulfillment from multiple locations within shipstation. over time we were able to figure it out but it took some time.

Reasons for Choosing ShipStation

We wanted all the order fulfillment to be facilititated in one place vs. within each logistics platform.

Nancy from Roaring Planet Corp

Great Improvement

Needed an easily tap-in-able system for many warehouses.

Pros

This program is as easy, robust and flexible as they come. We switched from another program on this one works much better.

Cons

No cons here really, easy tracking, locating, sorting, label creation, integration with our ecommerce site, etc.

Matthew from State of Craft Beer

With ShipStation, I know there is someone on the other end that cares about my experience

Pros

• I was assigned a specific person as my customer service representative, and when I called with an issue, one of the customer rep picked up the phone and answered my question on the spot; meaning, I didn't have to dial a ton of menu options or wait on hold at all to speak with a person. She is also very responsive to emails. We tend to look at websites and applications as faceless businesses, but with ShipStation I know there is someone on the other end that cares about my experience. • Integrates seamlessly with Squarespace Commerce account • Automatically marks order fulfilled when a shipping label is printed • Connects to printer easier than Stamps.com

Cons

• Have to load balances instead of paying for what you use as you go. I encountered this with Stamps.com as well, but it is annoying because I have to make cash flow considerations when all I need is a few extra dollars to print a label. • Cannot edit manual orders, need to delete and re-create an order if changing quantity or amount of a product. • I "chose" ShipStation because it was the only shipping option that would integrate with Squarespace. Most of my issues were encountered while trying to transition from Stamps.com to become familiar with the new platform. Though very similar, ShipStation INITIALLY felt like a clunkier, gaudier version of the same thing. Thankfully, they've recently made some positive design changes. However, there are still some quirky user interface aspects, including: — animated "help/info" bubbles (which I just figured out how to hide). — In Stamps.com, I was able to see if my thermal printer was connected (or visible to the website) before clicking "print" — which, when I click, charges the postage to my account regardless if the label actually printed. In ShipStation, I have to click "print" without knowing if the website is able to send the job to the printer. This has resulted in additional postage billed to my account because I clicked "print." I then have to wait for that amount to be refunded in my account. Though I should add, I rarely have printer connection issues with ShipStation, whereas it used to be the bane of my Stamps.com experience. — Stamps.com also made it easy to see all the USPS shipping options and rates at a glance, while viewing an order. In ShipStation, I either have to select a service, then an option from within that service or open up a separate rate calculator. This makes it harder to find the lowest shipping fee/service or fastest method for its value when modifying individual orders.

Krzysztof

Industry: Machinery

Not perfect but very good

I was impressed with options you have in this software to speed up shipping proces. I sell in multiple platforms ( eBay, amazon, and my own ecommerce store) and ship station import all orders into one place. No more login into each of them and ship from there I also ship with multiple carriers ( USPS and FedEx) and there is where ship station is handy I am using stamps.com for 5+ years and I ma very happy with it but stamps will not work with FedEx so I had to sort out orders by shipping method and ship USPS packages using stamps.com and than log into FedEx to ship remaining orders from there. FedEx software it terrible ( on line fedex.com and their shop software ) that it actually increase my shipping time that I was considering to drop FedEx shipping method from all stores. Ship Station make shipping much easier if you use multiple carriers and this is why I use it

Pros

1) Import orders from multiple ecommerce platform 2) One software for multiple shipping carriers and method 3) Great email notification for clients, multiple options of emails and multiple templets 4)inventory tracking many other good futures

Cons

1) Depend on package you have with ship station support can take long time to answer your question. No phone support for any users and only email support for lowest package. This is not acceptable. When I need to ship and I have issue I need to call somebody and fix problem ASAP. If you send email you can wait who know how long to resolve issue. Live chat is available only for selected ship station clients ( base on how much you are paying = selected package of ship station) and it may take very long time to actually chat with somebody ( we are talking hours in some cases before you are at top of chat queue ) 2) you have to press button to read package weight if you have scale attached. This is very annoying if you ever used software with automatic scale. You place package on scale and software already know what you shipping. ( or alarm you when scale is 0 = nothing on scale ). I had packages returned because I did not press "read" scale button and package was over weight compared to postage purchased. Same goes the other way. You pay more for postage if your package is less than what you estimate in your ecommerce platform. 3) FedEx international shipping has big problem. Ship station does not print commercial invoice for international packages. You technically can print label but than you have to go to FedEx and fill out commercial invoice form. I do not understand why it can not be printed at the same time with label. All info is already available ( item, price etc) on ship station after importing order. Ship Station print all required paper work for USPS international packages 4) address verification is not strong future on a software . I am comparing it to a stamps.com again. If client place wrong address on a form ship station will tell you that address is not valid but will not tell you what is wrong and will not suggest correction. Stamps.com will suggest correct zip code , street name , apartment number if it is missing etc. Ship station will only tell you " invalid apartment number" or "apartment not found" 5) international imported addresses create issue sometimes if client used other than English address form. German , Japanese, Spanish language use soft punctuations and different letters like ~ or ę ó ś ć and many similar. Ship station when import such address create strange characters replacing original with something like @##@$%% and if you print it I can guaranty package will not be delivered to a clients since local post office will not recognize street name or town. 6) some countries are not recognized by ship station as international address. Republic of Ireland is not recognized. If client place that name on order form Ship station assign USA address to it. Since this is official name if country my client always put it than way and not Ireland in Country section. They would have to put Ireland instead ( Ireland in country field create correct international destination) Same goes to United Kingdom but England will be correct ( it may be few others - just do not remember )

Ryan from Microsoft (Insight Global)

Amazing Software, Great Support. Would Highly Recommend.

Shipstation tracks packages, manages inventory, labels, and shipping. integrates easily with many different platforms (eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy, ETC.) Ship station can also automate most client communications including eBay feedback, email marketing, messages, and much more. It's like having a custom built CRM that was specifically design for ecommerce / marketplace sellers. It's not something you HAVE to have; almost everything it does can be done manually. Trust me when I say that once you do use it,- you will wonder how you ever lived without it.

Pros

- Customer service is awesome (live chat, phone, email, etc) You're also assigned your own dedicated representative that learns your business model & account. Helpful since they will learn your account over time with you. - It's inexpensive compared to similar software. - This a pro AND a con (see below) but you also get a free stamps.com account with Shipstation. In reality its stamps.com that handles your USPS labels (that includes billing for shipping). - The software just works. It does it's job and it does it extremely well.

Cons

- Don't get why PayPal isn't offered as payment source to ship labels / pay monthly fees. (I ended up just getting paypal business debit card) - Wish they revamped the pricing structure. If your selling 500-600 avg. each month. Your being charged the same each month for someone that sells 1400-1500 products. Seems to me a pricing structure: 100 / 250 / 500 / 1000 / 2000 / 5000 would make more sense and entice more lower volume sellers to use it. - SS & stamps.com - The only problems I have had were due to stamps.com and not Ship station. When this happens, you have to reach out to stamps.com for support which can be like pulling teeth. This means your sometimes having to call/email 2 different companies if your having problems with something. - No offline/desktop version of the software.

Mike from James Publishing

Industry: Publishing

Expansive Shipment Management

There's no doubt that ShipStation is built well and has the necessary features to please companies of all sizes. We've found very few problems in our 2-3 years of utilizing the platform and it's the best solution we've found to this point. We would recommend the system to any company looking to expertly manage its shipping operations.

Pros

Our publishing company utilizes ShipStation to handle inventory and shipping management. The system is extremely comprehensive, offering a robust feature set covering orders, shipments, products, customers, and reports. It's easy to set up multiple stores for different aspects of the business in order to keep the silos separate, and alerts draw your eye to the areas that need attention. ShipStation can also be seamlessly integrated with various e-commerce platforms so that orders are ported directly over and into the shipment queue. Once shipped, we enjoy the tracking features that allow our team to check shipment status whenever customers have inquiries. Additionally, there's an insight section that shows how many customers interacted with a their personal tracking pages, how many shipment notifications have gone out in a given time period, and general sales trends.

Cons

The interface isn't the prettiest, but it gets the job done and doesn't suffer from glitches. Occasionally, we have a little bit of trouble locating a specific option because the system has so many features. Perhaps the organization or visibility of some areas could be improved.

Michael from TruckProUSA

V2 Is A Near-Perfect SaaS. V3 Is Half-Baked

As I already mentioned, I love ShipStation. It's really one of my favorite pieces of SaaS. Their customer support is also great. They answer their live chats and emails quickly and always have a solution. Rare, especially for the price of admission.

Pros

The interface in ShipStation V2 is fantastic. As the department manager, I can easily assign orders to my CSR's and use tags to designate anything I want. We use different tags/colors for suppliers, whether we are shipping ourselves or dropshipping, or marking things as HOT! Using the tags to filter, makes it easy to find and sort orders and see what needs to be worked on. We also use the custom fields for notating PO #'s, which supplier we dropshipped from, and sometimes other important notes. The interface is so easy on the eyes and the filtering are so good that we use ShipStation instead of ChannelAdvisor to handle our orders. Another great feature is ShipStation Connect, which allows us to print to anyone's printer, even if they are not on the same network. Fantastic feature, especially, if not everyone has a Zebra printer at their station.

Cons

I wish we could interface with our website. Right now, we're using it with the marketplaces, but our website is on its own, which is unfortunate, because we lose all of that monitoring functionality. The other con is V3. We tried it. It's very much not ready for prime time. It was buggy. The interface was not as good and the user experience was lacking. What we could do in V2 with a few keystrokes and the Tab key, took several more clicks. We're hoping they fix that up, before forcing the "upgrade."

Jon from OEL

Shipstation makes shipping from different channels with different methods easy

I've had a great experience with ShipStation. It was easy to connect our stores and other channels and setup our rules. It was also straightforward to train our employees on it. ShipStation has saved us many headaches and a lot of time. We no longer have to ship orders from each channel individually and ship everything from one ShipStation console. We were also able to reduce the number of thermal printers we were using from three down to one. ShipStation is well worth the cost if you are currently shipping from more than one channel or need to setup rules for shipments to follow.

Pros

The best feature of ShipStation is how well it can handle orders from multiple channels (eBay, amazon, website) and ship them without the hassle of going to each channel. It flawlessly imports the orders, creates shipments, verifies addresses, and ships with the preferred method. It also allows you to easily set up rules so you can easily specify how each channel, product, or other various filter is shipped.

Cons

The main feature that I wish this product had is the ability to scan SKU/product ID verification to confirm shipment before shipping. ShipStation does have scan to ship available, where you scan the barcode on the packing slip to bring up the shipment and then ship the item. This is a nice feature, but I would like to to go once step further where you scan the barcode on the packing slip, then you scan the barcode of the SKU/product ID to make sure it was picked properly, then you print the shipping label.

Peter from Level Nine Sports

Industry: Sporting Goods

Functional, reliable, affordable

ShipStation provides an incredibly affordable and reliable shipping software platform with nice options for customizing user view, email templates, and reports. Setup is very quick and customer support via chat has been very responsive in my experience. The only drawback in my experience has been the inability to automatically rate shop different carriers on an order by order basis.

Pros

The user interface is great providing the info that the user required where it is needed while avoiding clutter. Additionall,y the setting and administration functions are streamlined and functional.

Cons

Rate shopping among different shipping carriers is cumbersome and not able to be automated in the system. If you primarily ship with a single provider, it is not much of an issue but if you like to shop for rates from different providers on an order-by-order basis, you will find this software slows you down because you must manually select each shipping method and compare rates manually rather than being able to select automatically based on business rules or logic around cost, delivery time, etc.

We've tried them all, and are sticking with Shipstation

Pros

We've been involved in ecommerce for 20 years, and have tried *all* the ship programs. Shipstation is program we recommend to most people, and the one we've been using for the past 4+ years. The entry level subscription quickly pays for itself with their access to discounted USPS rates, free tracking on many shipments, and easy side-by-side rate comparisons. And if you're an eBay or Amazon seller, this is the best and easiest.

Cons

No program is a perfect fit for everyone. The mobile app is rubbish on Android, can't create batches, can't print, can't email a PDF. So basically you can confirm orders one at a time and just leave them there until you can log in with a PC. But they have a dedicated development team, I suspect it will improve over time. Also, creating manual orders is straightforward, but a bit cumbersome. They do a great job integrating with eBay, Amazon, Woo Commerce ... but not things like Wix and Shopify (unless you have the Plus account). Again, their team is pretty responsive, so I wouldn't be surprised to see integration of these (and more) in the near future. And a few little bugs on the site (the site freezes frequently on us, we have to log out and log back in). But we don't hesitate giving Shipstation a solid thumbs up.

Tasha from SoCo Vintage

Saves so much time on shipment processing

Shipstation has enabled us to have a centralized location that all orders flow through (most are linked, some are imported manually). The ability to create a shipment, receive a quote, batch orders, purchase and print labels, track packages and process returns in one program is literally the largest saver of time and money for my business.

Pros

Shipstation was not the first shipment software I tried but it will definitely be the last. The platform is perfect for busy online retailers. At times, I was shopping 2,000 packages a day and shipstation handled it like a boss.

Cons

At times, it can be difficult to reach the account manager assigned to our account. When customers depend on the shipment estimations we provide, we can’t afford software issues that go unresolved for any length of time.

Samantha

Great Solution for a Growing Business

A year ago my partner and I started our ecommerce business, and a couple months ago we decided it was time to invest a system to help us automate shipping. ShipStation came recommended from another business we knew, so we used the one-month free trial to give it a try. Within a week or so of getting familiar with the interface, we knew ShipStation was a great fit for us. We were especially happy to see the entry-level tier option of $9/month, which was by far the best value we found among comparable platforms. We also love the inventory management aspect of ShipStation, which we didn't even realize was included at first! The amount of time and energy saved daily by not having to hand write labels, stop at the post office, and manually update inventory is fantastic, especially as those precious hours can be much better spent elsewhere.

Pros

-- Once you've overcome the slight learning curve (stated as a con below), the layout feels very natural and easy to navigate. Hovering beacons help provide tips throughout each screen. -- Functionality. ShipStation is an incredibly robust platform with tons of aspects to it: multiple sales channels, customization, inventory management, shipping and tracking, customer logs, reporting, the features go on and on. -- Love the handy calculator tool right on the main screen, which allows you to quickly calculate postage for any type of shipment. -- Many tools to automate functions and make your work quicker and easier (e.g., setting up filters, rules, and batch actions). -- Integrates with many, many, many other apps and tools. -- Save money by using the discounted pricing you receive on postage through ShipStation. -- Very thorough helpful articles in the Support Center. They also have a forum where you can submit suggestions and feature requests.

Cons

-- Interface is overwhelming at first. Would have loved to receive a short and sweet video introducing me to the main features and organization. The video I did receive upon signing up for the free trial was more of a marketing-focused pitch video, which served no purpose as I was already invested and ready to explore ShipStation. -- The $9/month tier exists, but not readily available as an option when you’re ready to upgrade from your free trial. I had to submit a request via Live Chat to have this option provided. The lack of transparency was a bit disappointing after everything else felt so customer-oriented.

The best label mailing solution for a multi-channel ecommerce business

A simple and affordable way to buy postage and print labels for ecommerce businesses.

Pros

Shipstation is a fantastic shipping suite for our business. We use the integrations for Shopify, eBay, and Amazon. Orders are automatically imported and we are able to simple and efficiently manage shipments for UPS and USPS. Rates are automatically displayed, invalid address warning shown, and everything can be managed from a web-based UI with remotely connected printers using Shipstation Connect. We are able to use our UPS business account with the UPS integration for our set rates. Labels and Pack Slip templates are customizable and simple to set up. Our 4x6 Brother QL1000 continuous label printer works perfectly with Shipstation and Shipstation Connect, and we use standard letter paper for pack slips.

Cons

The Shipstation android app does not work with Shipstation Connect very well in terms of printers, and there are UI issues with it. On top of that, the Shipstation web-based application does not work well on small browser screens, so it is currently almost impossible and very painstaking to print labels from a phone.

Difficult to utilize, poor customer support, expensive postage, features can be more automated

Difficult to get problems with user interface resolved, such as simple login between two computers

Pros

Ease of usedont accept many characters to

Cons

Difficult to utilize - Need to login on a certain browser or 1 PC at a time Poor customer support - Email vollies back and forth with no problem resolution Expensive postage - Above 1 lb. is more expensive than ebay and Amazon. Features can be more automated - Same shipments cannot save on every type shipment, Certain pulldown fields not functional like the cubic selection or delivery confirmation, write text fields don't take enough characters to make the phrase, Amazon inteface fails to download orders, etc.

ShipStation

Overall, I have found ShipStation extremely helpful for the kind of work I do. Especially for a smaller business. We ship out about 100-200 packages a week, and ShipStation is the perfect software to manage that.

Pros

ShipStation is very useful for small companies. I work for a small online boutique, and use ShipStation to package/ship items all over the United States, Canada, and Australia. ShipStation is user friendly and very useful for large order quantities. I find there are many useful options when shipping. For instance, it allows ability to combine orders, hold orders until a selected date, sort orders by name, date, size, etc. It is an extremely helpful software.

Cons

I have not found many flaws in this software. The only issue I have encountered with ShipStation is its inability to function well with other pages open. For instance, when I am shipping, I often have other windows/internet tabs open. ShipStation slows down substantially when I have these other windows open.

Marcus from Heeltoe Automotive

Changed the way we handle shipping and returns almost immediately

Pros

Shipstation, above all, is very easy to use. The features list is really comprehensive and it works extremely well as an integral part of your online shipping program. Our needs were for a non-standard integration but their support team and API made it very easy for us to get up and running. Plus, with a 3rd party app, we seamlessly use Shipstation as an order pass-through to get orders into Quickbooks online. It's given us an ability to grow without increasing staff for mundane work!

Cons

We wish that an order wasn't tied directly to a singluar shipment. Our orders contain various products from various vendors and we'd prefer to keep a single order together and post multiple shipments to it, as opposed to needing to split and duplicate orders to ship multiple items for one reference. This and other annoyances are the most we could say negatively about Shipstation, but are not representative of a need to change in any way.

shachar from SHIP MY DEAL

Industry: Warehousing

great software almost perfect

it is great. we are using it every day. I wish I could talk to someone to make things easier.

Pros

easy to use, has many reports, many integrations with other programs and seems like they are working constantly on more.

Cons

no phone calls to customer service I need to set up the inventory differently and not sure how it can be done.

Great shipping software that could use some minor tweaks

Great value for what it costs. Allows us to bring all order shipment tracking together to improve customer experience. Email notifications and returns page are a nice plus for the customer experience.

Pros

It has a very wide partner ecosystem and allows us to bring our orders all together into one system to check shipment tracking. The UI is clean and modern. The addition of an iOS app is a big plus and lets us fulfill orders on the go.

Cons

The ability to auto-correct addresses is great, but ShipStation should highlight these orders so that I can review what was corrected to determine if the change was good. Not all auto-corrects are...correct but overall it catches more of my mistakes then if there was no auto-correct. Support could use some improvement as some issues have required multiple attempts with different agents but generally I do get my issue reolved.

jennifer from Pumped with Peptides

EXTREMELY EASY TO USE! and much more!

Pros

Shipstation is extremely easy to use. It also has better pricing for postage than USPS itself! It even has more applications than I ever dreamed of! You can have your brand name on your postage (or anything you'd like), it also allows you to: send your customers an email -AND- choose WHEN to have it sent; like so, I learned you can have shipping tracking/delivery confirmation sent to your customer; when it is mailed (scanned at post office - and on it's way), or even sent at the moment you print it out! You can add other venue's that you sell from, integrate the sales from them & print your shipping label right from Shipstation! SO MUCH MORE, that I am still learning I can do! SHIPSTATION IS A WONDERFUL APP IN MORE WAYS THAN I CAN COUNT! ... AND IN MORE WAYS I'VE YET TO LEARN! EXCITING -AND- SIMPLY PUT - IT IS SO EASY TO USE! I'll never go back to printing shipping labels from my on-line account with USPS directly, they do NOT have all the capabilities & extra's that shipstation offers! ONLY SHIPSTATION FOR ME!

Cons

The only 'con' for me is because I don't have enough customers to warrant the monthly charge. A smaller fee for people like me (who -in a way- are paying more for postage when you add on the monthly fee with the postage). That would help me, or people like me, who can barely afford even the lowest per month for 50 postages per month because I am only printing up to 10 per entire month. It's great for bigger business' tho!

Terry from Stix

An absolute staple for any e-commerce business.

After trying just about everything else out there, Shipstation is as close to a perfect solution as you'll find. It helped me save over an hour each day, time that I was then able to spend on actually growing my business. It was a stretch to think of anything I didn't like - which speaks volumes about the software.

Pros

Integration with most major platforms and channels - it communicates back and forth between your Shopify, Amazon, eBay, etc. accounts to mark orders shipped and email the customer. Discounted shipping labels - The subscription pays for itself with how inexpensive the labels are. Automated tracking emails - create your own template and look the part of other major e-commerce stores.

Mike from Burts Bees Baby

Why use anything else?

Absolutely amazing. It is so easy to use that I was able to easily integrate it across three warehouses plus our corporate headquarters. I had 20 different ecommerce sites across several platforms including Woocommerce, Magento 1, Shopify, Prestashop, Open Cart, Ebay and Amazon Merchant fulfilled. Setting up rules to automate our business was so simple. I can automatically have orders go to the correct warehouses based on rules by skus. We were easily able to customize marketing material for each store on invoices and shipping labels. Love you shipstation.

Pros

Besides everything? The thing I loved the MOST would be how fantastically easily it was to get up and running and integrated with every platform. I looked like a real genius. But it wasn't me, it was the simplicity of the system. Its that easy.

Cons

They had an inventory management portion of the software that I didn't quite understand how to utilize it.

Andrea from Toys for Trucks

We use ShipStation to track all of the orders that happen both on marketplaces and retail shops.

The benefits we get from this software are the ability to assign rules to each SKU that help determine where the product will be shipped from and which carrier to use. I also like that we can sync it with Finale to automatically deducted quantity for our warehouse.

Pros

I like that we can add rules and functions to certain SKU's to decide were a part will ship from. This helps substantially so that when an order is placed certain rules pop up to show us where we want to ship a product.

Cons

I dislike the format the Product Sales report is exported in. I would prefer that there weren't any cells merging or blank rows because that messes me up with I'm trying to filter for certain things. I think it would be better to have the Store category next to the SKU in it's own separate column rather than on 1 row as a header.

Viktor from Guext, Inc.

Wonderful platform, though could be improved with many common sense and quality of life improvements

Daily shipping - absolutely, absolutely, crucial to my business

Pros

-Amazing bulk processing features -Strong integration with marketplaces, passing along tracking information -Access to great rates if not a volume shipper -Great features for making sense of shipments

Cons

-Nonsensical separation of externally-generated shipments and platform-generated shipments. The distinction is important, though no point in limiting reporting functionality for one over the other as there is no fundamental difference -Order-specific activity archive is very short(2 months) - hope to improve this in the future -Many common-sense features need implementation or improvement upon, though support elects to create features based on votes and not to improve quality of life

Great for everyday shipping

Generally good, for the price it's great. Updates are slow.

Pros

We ship a lot, and ship station enables us to ship more quickly and more effectively. It also helps us track returns which as a rental business, all of our shipments come back and having all of that in one place is really helpful.

Cons

They've established the software, they focus on vendors who aren't rental companies and ship a lot of smaller packages. Updates are slow coming and it feels like they've said "hey we've done it!!! Let's coast." and don't really do updates anymore. Although if you ship to Zimbabwe on a regular basis they are more than happy to add rickshaw as an option, but won't give you the option to select that it was delivered by someone internally.

Exactly what we were looking for

We had a great experience with ShipStation while we had it. As a newer business, we just couldn't afford to maintain the subscription. It's a real shame since it really increased the customers' overall experience with our company.

Pros

We love how ShipStation integrates with our Stamps.com account. Our favorite features are how they keep track of the packages you ship to each person, the value, and the items. You can keep track of promotional items this way or keep detailed notes. Another of our favorite features is the branded tracking page that your customers will see with the tracking code. It looks great and helps give your site a more polished and professional look.

Cons

The monthly subscription for this is just way too expensive. Even with the amazing features that make a business look awesome and really helps the customers, it's just way too expensive for smaller or starter businesses.

Scott from Holster World

Industry: Sporting Goods

Shipstation is Easy to Use

Pros

Easy to use. We love how we can see pictures of the item sold inside the customer's order information. Also good that we can change a customer's shipping address if it's incorrect. The sales charts are helpful. It's easy on the eyes. Easy for people who have basic computer skills. Their customer support has always been good. We get on the "chat" thingy and they're very helpful and easy to understand.

Cons

Hopefully the monthly price will go down some. EBay keeps trying to get us to use their shipping service because it's free, which is very tempting, but eBay's shipping service doesn't have some of the features that Shipstation has yet, so we're sticking with Shipstation.

Made My Order Fulfillment Team More Efficient

Our warehouse was 100% manual and we were shipping nearly 3000 packages a month. And with Black Friday/Cyber Monday coming, we were at risk of a huge bottleneck in our process. Shipstation automated some time-consuming processes for our warehouse staff, and made them more productive and actually HAPPIER at work because they were no longer doing the tedious stuff, and could focus more on picking and packing and getting orders out the door. We had an amazing holiday season and I give credit to Shipstation for helping us reach our sales goals.

Pros

Easy to learn, we were able to teach our warehouse staff to use it in a day. It made their lives SO much easier. The shipping label auto creation was a gamechanger for us.

Cons

Does not have a barcode scan validator. We needed to make sure that our staff were being alerted when they attempted to pack the wrong product. Shipstation does not have this, so we had to use a separate software for this function.

Nichole from Wild Me

Perfect all in one ship solution

Pros

With shipstation you have the ability to print packing slips and shipping labels at the same time. I like that they allow custom branding on emails and all printed items that go with the package. If you use a platform like shopify, they allow you sync orders plus any other sales channels like amazon. There is a small discount on shipping rates from all the main carriers (fedex, Usps, and ups) and the ability to create return labels for the same packages you’ve shipped. Shipstation has everything you need to streamline the shipping process and is great for small businesses.

Cons

I’ve noticed shipstation creates multiple customer accounts for the same customer if that customer purchased from different sales channels so it’s not that intuitive when it comes to customer identification.

Justin from Automotive

Best application we use by far.

Pros

-Ties in all of our selling channels to one central location for information. -Cloud based with easy to use app, let's us work from anywhere. -Great customer service and support. -Automation options steam lines our workflow and saves us a ton of time.

Cons

-I wish there was part based bar code confirmation scanning. -It would also be awesome, if you could tie inventory levels to all of your selling channels so that they would auto update. All that being said, these are just wish list items that can be accomplished with 3rd party integrations, and are not meant to take away from what is truly an amazing application for any business shipping product.

September 2016

Jason from Jerrick Media

Industry: Publishing

September 2016

All in one shipping solution

I currently sell online merchandise on multiple marketplaces. Every since we started using Shipstation our shipping procedures have been more efficient, and much easier. This product is constantly being updated, upgraded, and integrated into other software packages. Thank you ShipStation!!

Pros

Simple to use, seamless integration, Multiple shipping providers in one location, good color scheme(easy on eyes),

Cons

Wish that when you go to print a label the system somehow showed you the lowest rate automatically so that you didnt have to go through several different shipping carriers and methods manually. I would like you guys to add an inventory control feature.

Never thought I could use a paid monthly tool, but ...

My website has been online for years and I always printed labels directly using the services included for free like eBay and USPS. I picked up a Dymo 4XL printer on a Black Friday Deal off Amazon and I couldn't use it for USPS directly. So I looked around and I was able to get a two-month trial to ShipStation. Never would I have thought I would be happy to pay a monthly fee for a service. It does so much that I used to do manually like leave eBay reviews after transactions, send out customer emails, and more. Definitely worth the money.

Pros

Easy printing of labels, almost automatically. Sends automatic emails to customers upon item shipping and delivery. Automatically leaves feedback on eBay so I don't have to remember to do it. Save on monthly Stamps.com monthly fees. Much much more.

Cons

I had to upgrade to a month service because of my monthly shipments, but apparently the emails it sends out is branded by ShipStation. Automatic printing of packing slips and/or shipping labels as the order is received. I would like packing slips so I can look at my orders without having to go to the website all the time. Maybe an extra tier of service. A way to classify a line item is shipping costs. I receive PayPal orders and the line item is seen as a sale item, not shipping.

David from The Pro Audio Guys

Most Efficient Shipping Software we have every used!

Pros

Shipstation listens to their users and puts every feature you could ever need in their software. It has the most features, the most integrations and has the fastest workflow. We use it for eBay, Amazon, Reverb, Big Commerce, etc. If we were to change to a different website platform, it would be easy because Shipstation most likely integrates with them too. It also integrates with QuickBooks through a third party app. It works very well and keeps us accurate. The Shipstation Package Insurance works well and we have been paid on time for lost packages.

Cons

We would like to see more competitive pricing for USPS. eBay has far better shipping rates specifically for large packages and International Shipments. We want to ship all shipments through Shipstation.

Malcolm from Canopy, Inc.

Simply the best shipping software for multi-channel sellers

Pros

We have been using ShipStation for the past 4 years and it's a lifesaver. They make it extremely easy to print large batches of labels and they save us money with discounted USPS rates. The automation profiles are a huge time saver. Once I ship a product once I can save the details and it will automatically set those same details every time I ship. This makes it, so I can manage hundreds of orders at a time without having to click into each one to set the shipping details.

Cody from Bio-Medical Instruments

Get Ship Done

Overall it is one of the best decision I made. I would be unable to keep up with order flow without it. I used it every day and it is 10 times better than the program we were using previously (ShipRush)

Pros

This software brings all of our marketplaces together. Magento, Amazon, and we can even import our phone orders via CSV upload. It has everything you could possibly need to compare different shipping services and save money and time.

Cons

If I had to pick something that I liked the least it would be the search functionality. Many times I'll have to do an advanced search to find something that won't pop up but should through the general search.

Jaron from Utah Maids

Saves a ton of time

Pros

I had an ecommerce website and I connected ShipStation to my shopify website. This made it quite easy because I no longer had to visit my shopify website to fulfill orders. Instead, I could go to ShipStation and refresh my list of orders. From there, I could print labels directly and fulfill my orders. Previously, I used to go to the USPS store and stand in line to pay for an order. Now, I was able to print my labels and just drop them off without the line. Yes, I can also just print labels directly from USPS's website, but then I have to manually enter all the shipping details and contact info. This way made it easier. If it was more expensive, I proably would stick with USPS's label printing site, but at this price it was worth it.

Cons

It take some getting used to... It can be pretty complicated and it has a lot of features. I did have issues with getting my shipstation account to communicate with my Dymo printer. The ShipStation desktop app was pretty finnicky and often had issues. I had to delete and redownload the app a few times during my time using ShipStation.

Anil from India Yamaha Motor Pvt. Ltd.

Making shipments is easier with ShipStation

Pros

This one lets you recognize goods that are returned and those which are new, efficiently. Their rules are within most business limits and are really friendly. Their filters are a great shot and often enhance your platform. They are user-friendly and worth the money. Customer service is quite vibrant.

Cons

It is quite a complex one if yours is a big business lot. Flexibility is one issue. Mistakes made between placement and delivery of offers can create havoc, especially if more than 1000 shipments are made per day. There is no option for one to edit the manual orders. The process has to be started once again after its deletion. No detail is provided over choices of shipments with lower costs. Paypal cannot be used. No offline version for the system.

Shipstation makes life easier

Saves time, saves money, since time is money! It really has made my life so much easier. It saves hours a day.

Pros

Having a place to aggregate all of your orders in one place is great. I love the automation rules that you can apply which automatically applies the correct shipping parameters per your specifications. The fact that you can enter all of your shipping information and print off packing lists along with your shipping labels is just great.

Cons

I do wish there was a little more control over the automation, since sometimes items get tagged wrong and I have to go in and manually change shipments. I also wish the labels printed a little sharper. I know that my printer can print sharper, but the labels are a bit pixelated. Not a deal breaker in any way, though.

Gabriel from Purplepass Ticketing

Shipstation rocks!

Pros

This has HUGELY SUPER BIG TIME improved our shipping process. We now can easily make shipping labels, print on our Zebra thermal printer, and instantly make return labels. We can track where everything is at (outgoing, returns, etc) quickly. I am genuinely in love with ShipStation. They've done a really great job.

Cons

Sometimes it's a bit slow to load. Also, sometimes FedEx rates do not load but I think that may be a FedEx API issue and not related to ship station. Other than that, I really cannot think of any downsides as it's really a top notch shipping management service.

Lauren

A Giant, Full-Featured Timesaver! Just What My WooCommerce Site Needed

This is my third month using ShipStation, and I am still thoroughly impressed with everything this tool has done for my small but growing business. The integration with WooCommerce is seamless. I now use ShipStation both for my eCommerce store and my subscription box program (currently about 480 shipments per month in total). Here are some of the major ways ShipStation has helped my business so far: -Removed our reliance on PayPal Shipping, so we have been able to add a one-page credit card checkout option that has increased our conversion rate by about 30% -Simplified the entire fulfillment process, so that everything from printing packing slips to the final shipping labels happens in the same dashboard, making it easy to train employees -No more going back and manually marking 200 subscription box orders as shipped in the WooCommerce backend. ShipStation handles it automatically, so I always know exactly which orders have gone out -Automatically sends tracking info to customers-- PayPal did not do this with recurring payments, so the subscription box customers previously had to request tracking info if desired. Saves time and gives the customers what they want before they need to ask. Essentially, everything my business needs in a shipping solution, ShipStation offers. My only regret is not trying it out sooner! I've also been impressed with the customer service. I had several questions during my trial, and always received a courteous reply within 12 hours. Keep up the great work, ShipStation!

Pros

Seamless WooCommerce Integration Easy Setup Excellent Support Team Full-Featured, Even at Lowest Tier

Cons

I've run into only one minor frustration-- I would like to see an option to print labels one at a time on 8.5x11" sheets, instead of only two at a time. You end up with half-used sheets from odd-numbered batches, and have to wait for another odd-numbered batch to use them. It's a tiny complaint. Every other feature I've wanted has been there.

Jeremy from Chewie Media Inc

Streamlined, quick, and scalable shipping solution for e-commerce based businesses.

Pros

Shipstation is easy to use, allowing most of the tasks you complete with them to be turned into automated tasks for future use. The dashboard is easy to jump off from and get started, and it is easy to integrate with your existing website. In our experience, we integrated with Wordpress, and it provided a seamless transition from order to shipping that cut down on our time immensely. Shop station is also affordable - it's plans scale in such a way that you will be growing as a business at a faster rate than needing to upgrade your plan - it's a cost I would not be against paying when needed.

Cons

Support was adequate, but we were still left to figure out some basic troubleshooting ourselves. Luckily, integration and setup is easy enough, and so that troubleshooting didn't take too long. Honestly, it does its job well, with little complaints from us. I would say that it doesn't go outside of its' core competency at all - management of customers is not where it would need to be to actually use the software for any customer management tasks.

Easy and fast to use, very much recommended

Pros

It's very easy to link all of your online stores so you can see all your orders on once screen. You can set presets for select items so you don't have to manually input shipping info every time as well. Customer support, the few times I've had to contact them, has been speedy and very helpful. This has made our shipping process so much faster and less of a headache.

Cons

I'd like some more customization options for packing slips, other than just adding my logo. Every once in a while, I'll initiate a manual refresh of my linked stores for orders and the site will hang, taking 5-10 minutes to refresh and pull in the orders. This isn't a common occurrence, but when it does happen, it's frustrating.

Khaled from DEPTASU

Only way to ship.

Hands down the best shipping managing program I've ever used. I get to sync numerous stores in just one account, it's simply amazing. Majority of stores are included but if not it's totally easy to set up with the API.

Pros

Cheap shipping rates Easy to print and customize labels Sync stores without risk of getting banned (if you have more than one eBay store etc). Easy to track packages and cancel labels if printed by accident.

Cons

Not able to switch easily between accounts. No phone (iOS) notifications when a order comes in.