• Pros

• "Easy to use and it keeps our computers virus free."

• "This product has done a tremendous job for me for several years. The success I have had and the fact I have had no issues at all is what keeps me coming back. I use this on multiple devices."

• "This program is a great for protecting our network. It makes me more comfortable handling sensitive information for our guests. "

• Cons

• "Software is great but could be much better with some kind of sandbox feature for installing/executing questionable programs."

• "May be a little intrusive at times when there is an overlap of rules. Works on method of using least privileges . Once the correct skills are put in place though, it is a breeze to set up. "

• "As much as it's a plus, the fact you can set it to administrators or people with access can calibrate it can sometimes be a headache. "

Browse Symantec Endpoint Protection Reviews

Fernando from Pelissari Gesto e Tecnologia

Traditional and trustful solution for corporative environments

It is my job partner, it protects me along my day without being disturbing. Rarely I see an advice for it or need to take a manual action, and it stills there, doing its good job. I recommend it, for sure!

Pros

In our company we use it for all the employees. Our IT department has full control over adjustments of all the installations. Employees don't need to worry about scheduled scannings, updatings, fine tunning or anything else. Its pre installed on all the machines and is there to protect, not to disturb. Its awesome!

Cons

What can be a pro in one hand, can also be a con in the other hand. The way it works on client machines, by being configured by IT department and not locally may cause some troubles. You just can't set an action different than quarantine a suspect object. But we all know that sometimes it can be a bad judgment from the antivirus side, like a driver for Android that I needed to install and it was classified as unknown source and therefore didn't allowed me to proceed with installation. At least an option to ignore the object could be better.

Brett from Peloton Inc

LONG TIME Symantec user, and still on board.

Symantec has protected my customers for many years, and I use it in our company also. We've never experience a threat that wasn't, or couldn't be, isolated and removed or quarantined. It's been a very cost effective solution for our company paired with our hardware firewall.

Pros

It's very easy to install and administer, as either a stand alone endpoint installation or a managed client endpoint. Updates are automatic and the built in firewall is very effective. I've been using Symantec products since we replaced McCrappy throughout our entire organization (enterprise class healthcare organization with multiple hospitals and ambulatory care sites) and have rarely had anything get past it. Given the state of Ransomewear today however, I highly recommend connecting your endpoint AV to a cloud database for realtime and zero day scanning and remediation. Symantec one of the oldest players in the channel and still one of the best.

Cons

The one problem I've experienced using Symantec Endpoint Protection over the years is that from time to time (rarely and generally localized to a workstation) the local database gets corrupted somehow and a number of steps need to be followed to repair the software and get updates flowing again. Simply uninstalling and reinstalling does not do that trick. Past that, it's always been a great asset.

Josiah from Glass One

Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

Sometimes makes sense

Look into whether or not your internet service provider offers this antivirus for free, if so, then it is completely worth it.

Pros

This software is often offered free when signed up with some internet services. When the software is free then it is my preferred antivirus. It has regular updates and keeps computers safe.

Cons

Most antiviruses are the same nowadays. I haven't had any issues with this antivirus blocking important programs otherwise causing more issues.

Vicki from BMI Surgery SC

Software protection for your computer

Save computer downtime and disruption. Helps to keep our data safe and free from malware and viruses. This prevents the cost of having to wipe and reprogram computers. there is a time and expense with this, not to mention the chance of losing critical information.

Pros

Like this software because I know that they are monitoring my computer 24/7 for viruses that could infect or even destroy my data. When I review something on the web or if I click into an email, this software will immediately notify me if it is a virus and takes care of it. Since the software itself is updated daily, they are always on top of making sure that the program is able to check the latest viruses. this is very important to us, because we need our data secure and our computers working in top condition.

Cons

I really have not found anything I don't like about this program - it works behind the scene doing what it needs to do. No software is full proof, because people are always coming up with new ways to create harm and be malicious. Since using this software we have had only one case of being attacked by a virus.

Chaucer from Information Technology and Services/Self Employed

Use to be fantastic. But that was then. My, how things have changed.

For quite a few years I had Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) deployed across servers and workstations in multiple offices. At the time, I found it to offer the best balance of effectiveness and efficiency. Customers support was prompt and professional, and even after I fled the IT profession to preserve my sanity I kept SEP running on my own home computers. All was well until I upgraded to version 14, at which point everything pretty much went to hell. Experiences that I have had with the new version of SEP: Total system lockups during every comprehensive system scan. The only way for me to get through a scan was to limit the scans to known file types. The SEP client grabbing every available CPU core without warning, even when there are no scans or updates scheduled. Technical support whose philosophy is apparently "Make the customer suffer enough and they will never complain again." I spent a least than eight hours doing the bidding of the Symantec's support folks, but when it became apparent that they couldn't solve the problem I tried to close the support case as "problem not solved". At which point they made it clear that they intended to keep me jumping through hoops indefinitely. I finally told them that their constant stream of emails demanding yet more logfiles constituted harassment, and I blocked them at my email gateway for extra protection. Great job, folks. Now, I use Sophos.

Pros

Incredibly granular control of each security component, customizable to suit a broad range of business environments. IF you can get it to run, you get an amazing amount of control over the security policies in place for different types of machines and different offices within your business.

Cons

A tech support team trained in the dungeons of Mordor by the Dark Lord himself. Oh, and about SEP v14 bringing my system to it's knees: I'm sure that some of your customers love that, but I'll pass.

Jesse from Tapestry Technologies

Works great, but support can be lacking.

When it works, it works great. When it doesn't work, it's usually not hard to fix. But you're not going to get a lot of help from their customer support. We have used it to provide protection among a large volume of machines and none of them have had issues with viruses while using this product.

Pros

This product was easy to implement throughout our company and has been working great since implementation. It send us alerts when certain events are triggered such as a user visiting a malicious site. It does a good job of keeping itself up to date and has a nice console for administrators to use and get a top-down view on how the endpoints are doing.

Cons

We have run into issues with getting licenses renewed to the point where they have expired, potentially leaving a few systems vulnerable. Customer support takes a very long time to reach and after I did reach them, they provided me with incorrect information that did not help resolve my issue. I only gave them 2 stars as opposed to 1 star because at least the customer support exists, even if it isn't the best.

Amber from The Pullo Center

Barely Know It's There!

It has been great to have this software because my department does deal with customer data and credit card information.

Pros

Working as a subset of a university, we are used to being on lockdown in terms of our desktops and laptops. They added the Symantec to our new desktops about a year and a half ago, and I have to say, I like it a lot better than our previous firewall/virus software. It doesn't have all of the popups that interfere with your work, and my system doesn't seem to be bogged down by the software. It's doing its job and I don't even know it's there!

Cons

Honestly, I haven't had any issues from this software, from the user end of things. It has been very convenient and no problems.

Warns a lot but keeps safe

This software keeps me safe from threats, yes. However, it is too cautious. Sometimes suspects from files that I know safe. Of course I can not be sure. But I know that I used that file on many other computers with other protection software, which does not ring bells and warns like nuclear disaster. It quarantines some files and deletes. I wonder if those files are real threats or just to show itself as 'hey, I am working, you know

Pros

A very sensitive tool that keeps safe. Warns sometimes, maybe a lot but I feel safe with this software

Cons

Actually the pro is a con. Although I feel safe, it warns a lot. Maybe too sensitive. Warns like a nuclear disaster is coming.

Rose from Barclays Investment Bank

It provides us with complete protection.

Symantec is a comprehensive protection software that permanently protects all our company's systems, protects us against malware, ramsomware and all kinds of viruses, quickly alerts us to a threat and allows us to perform deep scans which allows us to better care for the entire device network. I recommend it because it has kept our systems clean and secure.

Pros

Symantec is very good software, it provides us with a complete protection that allows us to monitor all our devices and take care of our databases and all the information in the company, it prevents foreign devices from entering the network and reports any abnormality.

Cons

I have no complaints about this software, it is invisible but powerful.

Eray Kaan from Ford Motor Company

Great protection software which works quietly

It is a very good software especially no pop-ups every time which is good.

Pros

In my opinion best feature of this software is work quietly. Work quietly means that every time it works background without any warning or disturbing pop-ups etc. it is very very good feature.

Cons

When i need to check the reports of the Symantech, I struggled to find what i need but generally you don't need to check interface.

Dale from Diamond Fulfillment Solutions

Industry: Warehousing

3 years in, saved us multiple times with only the occasional hiccup.

The cloud console has a pretty iffy layout that can be a bit cumbersome at times. It is mostly annoying when you first start with it. However once you get past the initial setup and build your profiles, it is easy to use it going forward. You deploy it to the user, then chose their profile group, chose if they need file and printer sharing, you can lock down USB, and other nice features. In general its been a great experience outside of a few little things.

Pros

Easy to deploy once you have it all set up. It allows a decent amount of configuration and profiles can be set based on the individual users needs. It is also pretty much set and forget 95% of the time. The cloud console will tell if their are any specific users with issues and let you know about threats that have been detected and on what machine it happened on. All good stuff.

Cons

The cloud component is a separate installation form the actual AV client(according to windows). If the installation fails for any reason you have to get the Symantec removal tool and run that prior to reinstalling the software, otherwise you end up with the cloud component being fixed and the AV component still broken. This can get time consuming and will require multiple reboots which is not fun on a server you need up and running. It is also prone to nagging about rebooting prior to installation, so sometimes you have to get 3-4 reboots in to get it workings. This is rare but does happen.

Reasons for Choosing Symantec Endpoint Protection

Our supplier worked with Symantec and not Trend Micro so it was easier since we already had contracts with them.

vasu from Sharp

Symantec, is a security software suite for server and desktop computers

Endpoint security securing the endpoints on a network, often defined as end-user devices such as mobile devices, laptops, and desktop PCs, although hardware such as servers in a data center are also considered endpoints and verifies every packet that comes in as well as that goes out.

Pros

Symantec, is a security software suite, which consists of anti-malware, intrusion prevention and firewall features for server and desktop computers and have been using Symantec Endpoint Protection past 15 years in our organization on all Desktops, Laptops, and Servers and all the departments of the organization.we use Microsoft Windows exclusively, so this pertains to Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2 for server operating systems. We have it deployed on Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 for endpoints. Basically protecting the corporate network when accessed via remote devices such as laptops or other wireless and mobile devices. Each device with a remote connecting to the network creates a potential entry point for security threats. The best tool to monitoring N/W security status, activities, software, authorization and authentication. Symantec is more than antivirus,Effective and accurate antispam protection,Fast protection at the Web gateway,Fast and easy protection,Safeguard intellectual property and finally it's Ensure compliance.

Cons

Having to reboot each client after a version upgrade can be troublesome. LiveUpdate client sometimes breaks and requires a fix to repair the client. This is needed to ensure the client receives timely updates and definitions.

Symantec Endpoint Protections - guards critical data safely

We are working in a health care sector which resides lot of critical and personal data. Data security is our main concern, Symantec endpoint protection provides us with the end to end security of files and customer data. it is installed in all the employees laptop and installation an configuration is easy, Automatic updates makes life simpler. The end user doesn't have impact on the scans being run on the system, occasional rebooting of system is required when any updated are done to the system. Overall a very good antivirus and Malware detection and kill software used in most of the high level corporate companies.

Pros

1. Compatible with all versions of Windows and Mac OS. 2. We use the cloud version of the software,Email notifications and logs about malware and virus detection are cool features. 3. Updates are automatic, we used to do it manually . 4. Build in firewall function is very effective as we get data from many sources. 5. Scans are even done on the applications being downloaded from web which ensures 100% safety. 6. Easy to scale up ad down based on the number of devices. 7. Proactive threat protection option is very useful. 8. The weekly and monthly scan reports can be scheduled and automated and the logs are very descriptive. 9. The interaction with the end user is very minimal and doesn't create any pop ups unnecessarily.

Cons

1. Annual renewal fee is little higher compared to other vendors. 2. Around 30 to 40% of the CPU resources are consumed during the scan process. 3.The laptop becomes slow while accessing files and data.

Kory from Tapestry Technologies, Inc.

Anti-Virus Software That Does Its Job!

Antivirus / Malware protection, and endpoint firewall protection.

Pros

For an Anti-Virus / Firewall software, it is pretty quiet, meaning that it doesn't pop up all of the time with warnings and alerts, like other programs do. We are using the cloud version of the product, and it seems to work very well, we have email notifications setup, and we will get an email if it blocks something, or someone tries to run a program that it thinks is sketchy, or tries to access a website with some known issues, but otherwise, you install it, and it does its job. I do like the ability that I can sort of customize the install package for mass deployment (we use it with SCCM and its flawless), it will allow me to pick the group of computers that I want the laptop or desktop to belong to and I push that package during our SCCM task sequence, and after that I don't have to login to the symantec portal to move it, or manage it since my policies are already established.

Cons

I think the online interface is a bit cumbersome. I think that from the firewall perspective it seems a bit difficult to make it do what you want it to do, and unfortunately, their support is not incredibly helpful in this regard, at least in my previous experience. My biggest complaint is that if I reimage a computer, and re-use the same name, it makes a duplicate entry / assigns another license until I go out to the symantec portal and delete the previous record.

Bodo from Tetravue

Good Virus Protection Suite

Symantec overall is a good and fast Virus/Threat Protection solution for small to mid-size workgroups.

Pros

Symantec is fast and runs easily in the background. It doesn't load the system resources and provides easy-to-use central management capability. Installation is typically smooth and deployment takes minutes.

Cons

There some lack of information to the user on what Symantec finds in the background that makes troubleshooting connection/firewall issues a black box.

YagneshKumar from ProfitSword, LLC

Symantec Secure Software

The benefit i get from using Symantec is the peace of mind knowing my personal data is secure at all times, customer support is always ready to help whenever needed; Moreover, Symantec even scans any application that i download from the web, and makes it sure that is it safe before executing the install, that is a huge plus for me.

Pros

Symantec does a great job in terms of blocking viruses, malware, spyware, ads, and it is fast. I use it daily on my PC and as well as at my workplace. The security updates download automatically and daily in the background without bugging the user, I can scan a particular file or directory, i can schedule a scan anytime of my preference, also if a new updates has been installed and if it requires me to reboot my pc, i can choose a later time to perform that task Symantec is great in terms of security, i have a peace of mind when i use Symantec knowing i am safe when browsing the web. Next feature, is the quick customer support, Symantec customers reps are always available at any given time.

Cons

One of the downside of using Symantec is that it takes up a lot of system memory since the applications is always running in background. My RAM space on my PC is 8GB, when Symantec is running in the background it takes up-to 35-45 percent of my RAM, which then i do not have much left of to work with.

Beecher from Shenandoah Websites

Industry: Information Services

Very good anti-virus protection, but system integration can cause problems

Symantec Endpoint Protection is very good at what it does. It can overreach at times, in my opinion, but it stops viruses and malware on every system I've used it on.

Pros

Extremely good and reliable antivirus software. Symantec, in my experience will protect your endpoints from the large majority of threats in the wild. I haven't had a threat make it past the AV client.

Cons

Endpoint protection includes network driver integration that can affect how Windows works. I've experience several problems in the past where updates to the Endpoint Protection gets updated and the network connectivity is cutoff. The client must then be completely removed and reinstalled to regain connection to the network.

Justin from South Dakota Board of Regents

Symantec Endpoint Provides Fantastic Computer Protection 24-hours a day

Symantec Endpoint has protected our thousands of PCs from virus threats and malware too many times to count. Overall, our organization has been very pleased with protection coverage that Symantec is giving us.

Pros

There are a lot of reasons to like Symantec Endpoint, but the reason our company chose this product is because of the broad scope of coverage from viruses, malware, and constant monitoring of our data centers.

Cons

Our company employs thousands of staff and so we knew going in that this software would not be an inexpensive software acquisition. The initial proposal was outside of our price range but after some difficult conversations and negotiations with the Symantec sales team we were able to find a product and price that suited us.

Reasons for Choosing Symantec Endpoint Protection

We chose Symantec Endpoint because the wide range and broad coverage provided suited us the best given our vastly different group of users throughout our organization.

Marsha from eGov Jamaica Ltd.

Pros

Symantec Endpoint Protection has been positive and we are using the product to protect entire users. Symantec Endpoint Security protects our data in the event the laptop is stolen which was very good. It also sends updates on the product which keeps us current, the ability to track each users and ensure that they have the product installed. The option to update to the latest version, the annual renewal is timely by Symantec. We also really appreciate you team that supports us and visit our office periodically to check up on us and other Symantec products we have in our organization.

Cons

Symantec Endpoint Security protects our data in the event the laptop is stolen which was very good however at times it causes the laptop to be a little slow in accessing files and data. It also sends updates on the product which keeps us current but we have to download the updates and send it to each user. The fact that the renewal was doubled for 2017 from what we paid in 2016,

Good for Protection

Symantec product is good for Endpoint Protection. Customer support is perfect. Also, it is worth for the money you give.

Pros

Creating and publishing policies are very easy. Management tool is understandable. Installing client PCs take very short time. Client can update the policy by click "update policy".

Cons

It produces many false positive alarms. It consumes %2 of CPU (I7 MacBook Pro) and 1 GB of memory. Policy update can be only get in internal network.

Dustin from NAACCR, Inc.

Industry: Research

Please with Symantec Endpoint Protection

Great product. Easy to implement, use and manage. Easy to scale down or up depending on how many devices you have.

Pros

My organization has been using Symantec Endpoint Protection for over 5 years. This software is easy to use and distribute. The centralized admin interface makes it easy to add new devices and see an overall security overview of my organization's assets. The custom policies allow for me to make modifications on specific machines and not effect all the others. I do this to allow exceptions on several of our machines that need it in order to perform their function.

Cons

It isn't easy to temporarily disable for troubleshooting purposes. I need to temporarily disable Symantec so I could download a piece of software it was conflicting with. Had to look up how to do this and it was a multi step process. On the bright side the documentation of how to do it was easy to find and go through.

Jessica from Delta School of Business and Technology

Great product for Windows Server based networks

This software keeps my network running CLEAN! It also allows me to have a one stop shop, so to speak, to view all activities pertaining to my machines and network being in tip top performing shape!

Pros

Able to build both x32 and x64 install packages and push directly from the management console. The management console allows the administrator to do basically everything remotely. Such as: Scan machines, Schedule scans for future, push live updates, view quarantines, see last system scan, see if a scan was cancelled, and much more. Also able to run reports containing which machines are in red (haven't had an active scan in x amount of time), which machines are clean, etc.

Cons

The administrator must have extensive knowledge of their network and the different locations. End-users can cause the system to send A LOT of alerts to the admin due to canceling startup scans or trying to disable the software.

Luke from VetsAmerica Business Consulting, Inc.

Symantec Endpoint Protection high protection to the team.

It is our main tool of protection for what has assured us a high quality in services, has a very good technical support that offers the answers and documentation in relation to the product, from its implementation providing peace of mind to all the members of the company.

Pros

It offers adequate protection and has been incorporated into antivirus, antimalware and network intrusion protection, it is very useful in the case of large and small systems has an excellent reputation worldwide being a product widely used by different companies, in addition the implementation is relatively simple and has an interface that allows an adequate administration of the software, in general terms it is one of the best options in terms of protection.

Cons

Your updates can be heavy so you can reduce the experience a bit by the user as well as the client.

Enterprise protection for your company computers

Our computers are coming already per-installed with Symantec Endpoint Protection. It is solid virus and malware protection tool. I get a notification of one web site ask me to access some permissions, Symantec Endpoint is warned me that web portal is suspicious even it seems like pretty normal education web site. It is up to dated virus and malware protection database really give me trust. I can schedule routine scanning to the night time so i don't effect from computer slowness when it scans

Pros

Malware and Virus protection is very reliable, very stable, easy to install and maintain product. It's notifications when they feel a threat is very satisfactory for me. It saved me from very potential threat situations. Almost weekly or daily up to dated virus and malware database.

Cons

When it scans all your computer, your computer starts to work a bit slowly. But you can schedule this scans.

Sonu from Sidhartha bank limited

Antivirus for systems

In a organisation spreading of virus and threat spreading is common issue. In order to protect from such incidents protection is being used.

Pros

As it is implemented on a centralized server, Pushing update is easy. We can monitor the healthiness of each endpoints that is every system. If one threat is detected it can be analysed and stooped.

Cons

It also detects some files which doesn't contain any virus and are not threat to system.

Best Deal, Cost effective, Better support and protection

Nancy from Peoples Bank

Symantec Endpoint Protection Review

I have been pleased with the ability of the Symantec software to identify and prevent malware and unauthorized intrusions, as well as to alert me to potential issues. There is a cost associated with having this protection, but it is similar to competitors.

Pros

In today's internet based environment, a strong anti-malware, intrusion prevention and firewall software is a must. I have been pleased with the alerts provided by Symantec and have had no issues with malware or intrusions since I have had this tool installed on my PC.

Cons

I view computer security software tools similar to an insurance policy -- they are necessary because of the unpredictability of bad things happening. What I like least however, about Symantec or any similar tool, is that there is a somewhat significant cost to protect against this unpredictability.

Mohit from Punjab Markfed

Industry: Farming

All purpose security product for PCs

Overall Symantec Endpoint Protection is very good product and its cost effective.

Pros

Symantec Endpoint Protection is one point solution for providing security from Malware, Viruses, Network Intrusions and most important for IT hardware (Including Computers and Server), it prevents ransomware attacks. firewall is sturdy and really easy to manage, Central console for managing systems and updates and most important it is not taxing on Computer resources. We are using to manage handful of Computers really effectively.

Cons

From view of protecting clients there are absolutely no issues/cons. Only thing plague this software which i feel is up-gradation process i.e. from lower to higher version, there are strict protocols to be followed for successful implementation (Updates).

A security shields for stop the attacks of virus.

Symantec security is an well design tool to protect our devices from powerful threats which could be so harmful for our important data. Symantec works smoothly and enable us to surf safely on internet . A good option for me to keep my all devices safe from risky threats.

Pros

Symantec is a security platform for us and as well as for our clients and it provide us basic security features. We can easily manage and protect our several devices from tricky virus and only one agent can control all devices. Symantec Endpoint Protection can automatically detect the upcoming virus or threats in our system. We can also scan our emails as well as our other useful files. Symantec antivirus is very useful for our several devices and also compatible with all kind of latest devices.

Cons

Symantec is good security option for our plenty of devices but also have some issues to work with this tool. when we start to deep system scan it takes approximately up to an hour to complete which is not so good for our business work. This antivirus contains a lot of memory in our system and slow down our system for other applications. Install easily but tedious to remove from system.

Joey from Douglas Emmett Inc.

Symantec is here to stay and a game changer

We've been using Symantec since it was still called Symantec Anti-Virus and it has come a long way since. However, like any sound strategy, one should never rely solely on one product for protection. It should always be supplemented with an end-point gateway protection AND education of the weakest link: The human firewall.

Pros

The product is much lighter on resources. It is accurate and very rarely has false-positives. It is easy to configure and automatically updates itself in random intervals.

Cons

Symantec End Point Protection can border on the paranoid. Every time an aspect is updated (whether an executable or otherwise), Symantec always prompts you if "you want to access the network?" If you answer NO accidentally, then critical systems could be affected.in random intervals further freeing up resources.

Tim from Riverside Transit Agency

Does it's job well - but doesn't play well with Windows OS

All in all, Symantec Endpoint Protection offers impenetrable protection for end users. It's easy to deploy, simple to update, and it does it's job well. I just wish it didn't cause BSODs in our environment.

Pros

This software is fairly simple to deploy and update on multiple PCs, and is generally hassle-free in regards to everyday use. The different levels of protection have worked perfectly and it's essentially a "set it and forget it" type of program for our users.

Cons

This software doesn't seem to play well with Windows 7 OS - at least, not in our environment. I have constantly received BSODs that point to this program when we view the logs. We're running the most recent stable version and uninstalling/reinstalling seems to only postpone the inevitable blue screen.

Mohammed from Tasleem

Industry: Utilities

Symantec Endpoint protection review

Overall it is good, but needs more improvement to protect all 365 degree for the endpoints.

Pros

Easy and simply to use, protect from most of the viruses, updates daily schedule patches antivirus signatures we have been using it since last 1.5 years

Cons

i would require separate antimalware software long side symantec. to protect my end users form malwares. because it was not protecting against most of the dangerous malware.

Matt from Mara Technologies, Inc.

Quiet Endpoint Protection Software

Pros

I like that the software has a small footprint and runs quietly. I don't like when antivirus software talks to me or bugs me every five minutes with popups. Endpoint Security runs silently in the background, sends notifications when they're needed, and doesn't otherwise bother me. I might even forget it was there. The interface is very minimal, not overloading you with lots of big buttons to click on.

Cons

I don't have much in the way of complaints right now, but I will say that while I like the simple interface, I do find that sometimes I would like to have a little more control from the user side, or at least the option to view it while sitting at a users desk.

ILKER from FORD OTOSAN

1ST BRAND OF COMPUTER PROTECTION

it is very good and detect every virus or threats ,it does not request too much update, we had some difficulties with the previous one and it has been requesting too much update and it is boring if you have urgent something to do. Getting Update is important for virus protection programs because hackers produce viruses continously

Pros

The updates comes frequently so the Symantec protection is keeping the latest and updated version of virus so I feel more comfortable when I enter untrusted web sites.

Cons

The program makes my computer a little bit slower ,this is the worst thing for symantec endpoint protection because I could compare the with installed symantec and without installation.I felt the computer is a little bit faster without symantec

Manny from Redeemers Insurance

My Favorite software

Great antivirus protection and a brand that I can trust. When it doubt this is always first on my list.

Pros

One of my favorites and I always say that I feel great knowing that it still keeps me protected. Simple network setup and easily deploy across the network.

Cons

A few years, I had to get away from this product because it was a mess, but they got back on board and corrected the problems and still is one of my favorite protection software. They need to catch up with malware protection. I prefer that they leave the setup to easily be customized for technician's who don't want to install the firewall or data protection on their networks. This has always been a problematic software for many technicians.

rahul from inghams

SEP groomed product for end point protection

Pros

Protection features IPS granularity of control Customisation backward compatibility

Cons

expensive to maintain and upgrade lack report feature UX ( user interface)

product skills compatibility

One of the best practices among traditional antiviruses.

The product offers improved user interface and successful system performance, especially in terms of simple operation. Enterprise is one of the most preferred antivirus applications in terms of compatibility for environments. The product is particularly successful in segmentation. It offers other detailed features such as the ability to capture inventory information from end users.

Pros

Not putting too much load on system performance, not consuming too much system resources, simple operation interface and maximum compatibility for enterprise environments.

Cons

It could be reduced from your chances of protecting end users against advanced threats only with this application. Another complementary product is needed in terms of protection.

Muhammad from BaseCamp Data Solutions

System Tech

Pros

Symantec Endpoint Protection is a security software suite. It not only detects viruses but malware as well and it also has some firewall features too. You can pick any type of scan quick, full or custom and can schedule a scan as per your requirements. It also sends different types of notification like when virus, malware or attack detected, scan complete, etc. There are different reports available that will be sent to you automatically. You just need to set some triggers. It also detects traffic come through your HTTP port and can block it if it's vulnerable. Symantec has its own library of codes that represent a different type of attack. It works on both desktop and Servers.

Cons

It adds little degradation in performance while performing full system scanning.

Jonathan from Novasom Inc

Symantec Backup Exec (not Endpoint Protection)

I have been working with the product for more than 5 years. While the software does what it's supposed to, I still have a lot of problems with it. The services sometimes has issues, old files don't purge automatically, upgrading tends to always cause issues.

Pros

Symantec Backup Exec 20 is a solid software when configured correctly. You can run multiple backup jobs at a time. The application interface is easy to use and nicely done.

Cons

The worst part is the config and setup. In order to get all Green successful backups, you need to dot your i's and cross your t's. It could take a while to get everything running smoothly.

Reasons for Choosing Symantec Endpoint Protection

This product was in my environment before I started with the company.

Tom from MARC, Inc

Good product

Pros

This product provides excellent protection for our companies pcs.

Cons

The virus update packages can be large and take some time to update

Laura from Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport

Provides excellent reports on the protection it completes.

I am able to keep both my personal files and business files safe by running scans through this software. The detailed reports are fascinating to read through and give me peace of mind.

Pros

I like that this software offers different tools I can use to keep my computer protected. I also like I am advised when there are updates on the software to make. The virus reports are easy to read and always give me peace of mind that my computer is safe. It is very interesting to read the detailed report this software provides after you perform a scan to find out what exactly is going on with your computer's safety.

Cons

The cost is high, however what price can you put on protecting your computer. Both at home and work, everything I need is on my computer, so without a program to protect it, life would be pretty nerve-wrecking.

Serkan from Ford Motor Company

The most reliable total protection software offered by Symantec

It gets your PC safe with some penalty of performance

Pros

This is the most reliable virus/malware protection software I have seen in my business life which the most of companies prefers to use it. It keeps clients as simple experience which does not have administration rights therefore you're not able to change any option. It secures within preferences your IT department set. I've been using it for 5 years on my business laptop, within this time period it detects virus/malwares without any damage.

Cons

While connected over VPN out of the office, it may use harddrive resource too much that affects performance of your PC.

Virus free computers for over four years

Pros

Symantec Endpoint Protection is one of the most robust antivirus and anti-malware applications on the market. The centralised management make it so easy to to manage thousands of computers from a single console. This is one of the most feature rich antivirus solution I used. The process used to deploy installation to client computers is simple and straight forward. Another feature that will appease administrators is the ability to apply configurations on a mass scale.

Cons

The only con I have is the automatic scanning process uses a lot of resource on the end users computer, which sometimes cause slowness.

Raul from Rolvas

Good protection and good support but not the best

It protects us against malware and our own people who browse internet and open email attachments blindly, like if nothing could ever happen :(

Pros

Symantec is one of the most known counter malware companies and we decided to give it a try. I don't know if it's a placebo effect, but somehow we feel more secure. Once in a while virus detection or an intrussion attack prevention notification arrives through email and that makes us feel that way. It is easy to manage and policies can be created just in a few clicks.

Cons

Users with non admin privileges can confirm the execution of blocked apps. Oh Lord! That should not be able happen.

Mohamed Ali from Logistica E2E

A great protection with security control

Recommended Antivirus and Firewall solution.

Pros

-Great management interface with simple menu. -Easy to build rules and control users and machines. -Firewall that can as web filtering software with customized rules for ports, links and domains. -Managing Workstation resources and ports is so great feature. -Automatic reporting at your hand whenever you need.

Cons

Annual fees is somehow expensive when you have large number of workstations to be managed. sometimes you need to push the group policy (Rules) manually to managed workstation if you updated it and don't need to wait until automatic update but it is not a big deal.

Charles from Ness Digital Engineering

One of the best EDP tools!

Pros

Symantec endpoint protection is a very effective endpoint protection tool that's easy to deploy. The interface is nice and polished and it's easy to deploy the software to from this simple console to multiple devices. The security updates occurs daily and doesn't intrude wince it's done quietly in the background. Another very nice aspect of this software is that it has very low rate of false positive alert. I also like how granular the security control of each component is.

Cons

Symantec endpoint protection tends to use a lot of CPU resources when performing scans.

Symantec Endpoint Protection

Great!! I have used different protections over the years and found some to be cumbersome to your firewall or to some programs you use once in a while but with Symantec, I do not have any trouble with my existing or new software on my PC. It doesn't slow me down a bit. Great job on this version . . works great!

Pros

The best part about this software . . it's like having a big brother watching over you all the time. It runs in the background. And now a days, having something automatic is great. Trying to remember all of your typical day to day tasks is hard enough. Great job on this design. Let's you know right away if you are not protected or if an "intruder" is attempting to do something bad. Easy to install and easy to use.

Cons

Cons . . hmm . . well . . I guess knowledge is the downfall. The description of the 'medium' threats is pretty basic. Not sure if I should be concerned or not but overall, if this thing is on . . I am not worried! :) So Cons is a tough to write about.

Zachary from Securitas

Industry: Security and Investigations

Everyday Use With Symantec Endpoint Protection!!

We solve several business issues with it, the fact that we have a huge network with over 5000 employees just in our headquarters location and city saves us a world of possible issues and headaches we would otherwise face without it.

Pros

I like the fact once it's set up, you don't have to do much after that, at most the occasional update. Our company uses it for several applications, and various reasons. We monitor all activity coming in, as well as going out.

Joe from The Children's Village

Symantec Endpoint Protection

I've been using Symantec endpoint protection for a while. It's been a consistent product with minimal issues (client, install, etc). They're a leader in the their field for a reason but with that being said, for the price you can find something that does the same at a lower cost per machine/license.

Pros

Client Management, grouping/locations, individual update providers, GUI of the local client. Package creation for certain groups, subnets, etc.

Cons

Java console is terrible. Citrix protection. Seems to be buggy in a Citrix environment, even when doing the configs they recommend on a terminal server. Pricey!

Simon from Erodex

Never failed or had issues over several years

Nothing but good times.

Pros

Easy to deploy to multiple devices from single console. Policies and upgrades can all be configured and deployed from a single console. I have been using Symantec EndPoint for several years on hundreds of sites and no outbreaks or issues. It was that good I started to think what isn't it finding so scanned with other AV products and my systems were clean.

Cons

Support can be difficult at times. The firewall policy can be a little over whelming to non experienced users, but you could chose not to deploy that part.

Evan from DXC Technology

Does its job!

Improved security through multi-factor authentication.

Pros

From a user's perspective, Symantec VIP provides an easy way to achieve multi-factor authentication. I was not involved in the selection or setup (it was handled by our IT on a company-wide scale) so am unsure how that aspect of usage is.

Cons

When accessing corporate data on my mobile device (Outlook, Skype, etc), my organization still requires multi-factor authentication which requires me to have my PC on with VIP open to get the code. There is an option to have it on your mobile device instead (I believe this is mutually exclusive with having it on your PC), but I hesitate to do this for fear of having my access coupled with two points of failure.