• Pros

• "This telecommunication program is wonderful. It's HIPAA compliant, dependable, and allows file sharing too. "

• "Loved this software and depended on it for daily use for my essential telemental health sessions. In the beginning, I was given a free Demo with a support person that was great!"

• "That it is free. Video quality works well for what I use it for. Plus can have a signed BAA. HIPPA compliant."

• Cons

• "I would love if it had group video conferencing. "

• "In recent weeks, it has been completely useless. Of the dozens of appointments I have attempt to conduct on the platform only 2 have been successful. "

• "Nothing at all! Will continue using! Nothing to complain about. "

Browse VSee Reviews

K. Michael from Broadlands Family Practice

Thank you VSee!

The team is incredibly responsive. Nimble. Intelligent. They listened offered great solutions and adapted to our needs - immediately.

Pros

The platform is extremely intuitive. Our operation transformed from vast majority office-based delivery to almost complete video operation within 48 hours during the COVID-19 crisis. Truly amazing!

Cons

Whenever we had a question about how the software worked, the team gave a quick response. If the existing solution did not match a particular workflow, they adapted it to make a great solution. The mark of a great team!

Great for HIPPA compliant chat

We selected this chat for medical conversations with office personnel, medical personnel, and patients. Vsee delivered exactly as promised. While you had to pay for the HIPPA compliance certificate, the same security structures and platform was in place.

Pros

Easy to use, low-bandwidth option for HIPPA compliant medical chats. While virtual calls were sometimes slow, the low-bandwidth option was great for those in remote areas or on mobile medical units.

Cons

Sound issues were the biggest issues. Not many cons at all. It provided all that they said they would.

Reasons for Choosing VSee

Vsee is HIPPA compliant, and that was a requirement.

Kalimah from BHRS Inc.

This is the WORST Portal Ever

HORRIBLE.

Pros

NOTHING. I did not like the services at all.

Cons

I initially liked the idea of being able to provide telehealth services to my clientele. However, after purchasing the software, it has been nothing but a nightmare. I am unable to get in contact with anyone from Customer Service, they don't answer the phone, they don't have a way to cancel your account without emailing them. I was unable to get answers to ANY of my questions. It has been a Nightmare. I Warn anyone to NOT Purchase this Software. It's not worth the headache, though it was inexpensive, it's not worth it. STAY FAR AWAY.

The Cost

Rob from Ashwood Therapy

Brilliant for TeleMedicine Usees

VSee is a brilliant piece of software, is much more secure than Skype and so much more suited to using for telemedicine purposes. It's quick, easy to use and allows me to connect reliably with clients around the world. Highly recommended!

Pros

I really like the fact that VSee is operational with only low bandwidth, meaning that I can communicate with my clients even when I am in my office and they are not at home. The software works just as well on a mobile device as it does on a desktop PC, and so this gives my clients choice and flexibility as to how to connect.

Cons

There aren't too many 'cons' that I've come across with VSee, but if there is one it's that the system doesn't always notify when my clients connect in the VSee system, meaning that we both often have to 'add' each other to ensure that we are connected.

Jan from Jan S. Alexander, LCSW

COVID-19 Pandemic Disastrous Impact on Clients

Pros

Cons

March 31, 2020, without notice, I was blocked from using the free version. I imagine there were issues with internet, but NO Notice, NO communication about shutting down the free version!! Support Team NOT available. I see clients during this crisis for minimum fees, so paying $49/month is not an option. The respectable choice was to at least respond to emails or send out a notice. Not acceptable support at any level, but especially during a national crisis!

Helps to provide mental health and overcome geographical barriers in a secure manner

Overall, I have had a positive experience with VSee. Honestly, I don't know what other software exists on the market for secure communication between mental health professionals and clients, but VSee is fairly easy to use and easy for client's to figure out or be guided through.

Pros

I most like how easy VSee was to set up on my computer as a user. Also, once it was installed, I was invited to test the video and sound quality prior to any meeting or calls. This provided a measure of confidence prior to the meeting beginning.

Cons

My least favorite part of this software is that it seemed to lag quite a bit and quite often there was a echo with the other person I was speaking with. Sometimes it was fixed by plugging in headphone, sometimes not. Also, it was very sensitive to bandwidth and freezes up easily. Thankfully, it flashes red if it is frozen.

Anthony from PioneerTech

Industry: Computer Networking

The vault of vaults for secret information communications.

OVerall, my team and I can pass vital info without worries and that in itself proves to be the deciding factor for us.

Pros

As an administrator, sharing private information such as logins, passwords, and other critical infrastructure information is critical. Using VSee, this platform provides reliable and secure communication for our team to share such information without any worries of interception of our information. If you are in the IT business, this needs to be your secret backdoor encrypted channel. Look no more.

Cons

Delays can be expected with this level of encryption. Do not go into this software thinking messages will arrive instantly. There is a few second delay. Also be sure to note, this is no frills communication. Don't expect bells and whistles.

Karen from Roubicek & Thacker Counseling

Industry: Mental Health Care

Helpful product for therapists in private practice

Pros

VSee is a helpful video software for anyone in the medical/mental health field. Personally, it's been useful for me to meet with clients when they cannot come in for a face-to-face session and I know it's HIPAA compliant.

Cons

The picture quality tends to be on the grainier side and shorts out quite a bit, regardless of connection quality. There also isn't an option to opt-out of the green audio cues visible during a call. They are helpful, but can be quite distracting.

Amy from Springs Therapy

Industry: Mental Health Care

Solid video platform to connect with clients

Pros

I have heard that VSEE is a HPPA compliant software which makes it great for healthcare professionals. I also love that you can access VSEE from a laptop or via a phone app for accessibility.

Cons

I have heard mixed messages on if the free version is HPPA compliant. The software does freeze from time to time.

Robbin from Private Practice

Vsee

Pros

HIPPA Compliant Software to hold online meetings.

Cons

The sound quality was low and unclear. The software kept going in and out during the meeting. Very frustrating to use.

Deirdre from Deirdre Staton, LCSW, PLLC

Industry: Mental Health Care

Safe (encrypted and HIPAA-compliant), effective and easy to use.

It is a secure, stable means of meeting with distance clients. Occasionally, I will open VSee right before a session only to find there is a new update but the updates have never taken a long time. I have learned to open VSee early to ensure it is ready to go at the time of my session.

Pros

VSee is intuitive and easy to use with friendly customer service that ensures one can get up and running with minimal effort. I have found it very effective and stable for distance sessions with clients and meetings with friends/colleagues all over the world. It has also proven its worth in group conferences between me in Virginia (US) and others in Canada, Holland, and Italy. VSee is far more cost-effective than competitors like Zoom. As a therapist in private practice, I needed a system that is encrypted and HIPAA-compliant. VSee provides this level of security and a BAA for lesser price per month, whereas Zoom could only meet these same requirements at a cost which is more per month.

Nathan from Growing Hope Counseling

Great System

Very positive experience. Glad I registered for it.

Pros

Cons

I would love if it had group video conferencing.

Response from VSee

Replied December 2019

Thanks, Nathan! All versions of VSee support group video conferencing. In fact, we regularly hold our staff meetings of 15-24 people on VSee. Just click on the video icon of any additional contacts you'd like to add into the call and they will be able to join.

Lauren from Advanced Dermatology PA

Great program!

Overall we are very happy with VSEE. We have tried countless other programs in the past that were not dependable whatsoever. This program is dependable, easy to use, and secure. I use it a lot as I work from home out-of-state from the business. I would highly recommend this program to anyone looking for a new telecommunications program.

Pros

Cons

On rare occasion, the sound will cut out during a teleconference call. It's rare, maybe once out of every 20 calls, and it comes right back. I don't really have anything else negative to say about this program.

Aimee from Orchard ABA

Vsee for in-home therapy

We have had glitches sometimes, but like the security and quality of calls. It's not timed and is very cost effective.

Pros

VSee provides us with a secure, easy way to video conference with each other and gives parents confidence that session will remain private.

Cons

It can be difficult for outsiders and new employees to understand how to use. Contacts aren't as easily added as other platforms.

Kylee from Hope Counseling and Consulting

Great alternative

Pros

We've been using the program for a couple of years now for our clients who live in remote areas and can't access mental health benefits. It's been easy for our clients to use as well as our clinicians. We've also noticed that it uses less bandwith than some of the other programs we've used for this service.

Cons

The only con I have isn't even really a negative. Sometimes our clients have had a hard time distinguishing which VSEE app to download on their mobile device because there is more than one.

Very necessary

This is a HIPPA complaint video chatting service so it’s so useful to have confidential sessions or supervision without breaking any laws. I’ve recommended it to several people in my current company already. I also don’t understand how this is different from other video services that makes this specifically HIPPA complaint

Pros

This allowed me to discuss cases and have sessions / supervision while knowing that I was safe from breaking any confidentiality laws.

Cons

When I was using this I never got the hang of how to add others and call. This meant I had to wait for my supervisor to call me each time.

Gave me a great chance to talk with my out-of-state medical team in a HIPPA compliant way

Used it once to communicate with my doctor.

Pros

That I was able to quickly connect with my doctor and her team. The chat function helped us get set up, and on the call we were able to see one another and share our screens. I was able to show her my MRI, which was really helpful as talking through things without a visual would have been a struggle. There were no delays or glitches and the quality of the cal was good. I didn't have a hard time setting it up or using it.

Cons

It was not perfectly intuitive...I had to teach my doctor how to use the screenshare (which was a guess on my part since it was my first time using it.

George from George W Recknagel, Ph.D.

Don't Be Misled

Dreadful. They have no phone contact number that works. And no way to e-mail anyone on the sales or support team. They hide well behind the technology wall.

Pros

I found nothing to like about this software. They took my money before I could find out how difficult it was to use.

Cons

I found it difficult to learn much about VSee without first signing up for it. And having to give them my credit card number for the "opportunity." Once I signed up, the set up was absolutely horrible. The instructions made it seem that I needed to input every single client I had, and to send them each an "invitation" for each teletherapy session that we scheduled. I immediately stopped, and sent them a cancellation request. My total time on Vsee was approximately 20 minutes. Beware that at the front end they state that the initial $49 monthly fee is nonrefundable. So I doubt they will refund my initial fee. Which means I will end up having a dispute about the charges with my credit union. And they do not offer a one month free trial, like many of the other companies offer. Guess they are not that confident in their program.

Reasons for Choosing VSee

Cost. Zoom was $200 per month for HIPAA compliant video option, VSee was $49. It turned out to be a bad choice.

JILL from First Step Counseling

Completely unacceptable

There is no way to contact a human to discuss the problems. User were sent an email from the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]a few days with very basic information and news of many services that have been similarly eliminated. I have paid for an annual membership (paid through Nov 2020) so it seems that there will be no refund. But I will not be renewing and have already started using another platform.

Pros

The software and app were both fairly useful until last week weeks. Customer service has always been difficult to access.

Kaitlyn from Mental Health Care

HIPPA Compliant Video

Pros

It is easy to use - a lot like Skype, and it is HIPPA compliant.

Cons

That my clients have to download the software in order to use it.

Sean from Seattle Integrative Psychology

Worst Experience

Where do I start? Purchasing experience was abysmal. Setup was abysmal. Service was non-existent. Want to leave a message on their voicemail box--sorry, it's full. They claim my subscription is non-refundable. We will see about that, I guess.

Pros

No pros. Worst piece of software I've ever seen. Bar none.

Cons

It did not work for 4/5 of my patients on any platform. Quality of connection was substandard for the ones that did work. I ended up switching to Zoom mid session.

Courtney from Westborough High School

Clean interface, easy to use. Works great!

Pros

Loved how simple the interface was and how easy to use. Perfect for telemental health sessions.

Cons

Nothing at all! Will continue using! Nothing to complain about.