All TutorCruncher Reviews

Stanley

Education Management, 1 employee

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed September 2021

A well developed platform with continuous improvement and new features.

Michelle

Reviewed March 2018

Tutorcruncher has literally made my administration so much easier.

Time is money and this software saves me heaps of time. It has also increased my business's capacity to grow without me having to employ another administration person.

PROS

- easy to track jobs and lessons - turned my paper lesson reports into electronic ones - empowers my tutors and clients - time sheets are managed once tutors mark a lesson complete - compared to their competition, price versus features is unbeatable - great support. The guys at Tutorcruncher area always very responsive and they are on the other side of the world for me

CONS

- Credit requests and invoicing is done a little bit different from how I used to do it and required a change to my internal business processes. If there is an amount still owing on a credit request, I'd like to see that marked as transferred to the invoice when the invoice supersedes that credit request - I don't use it to track tutor pay because our Australian casual employment pay rates are too difficult to implement. I simply export tutor hours and manually enter into Xero's payroll.

Hello Michelle, thanks for the fantastic feedback! We are delighted that TutorCruncher has helped you streamline your company's services and that you have made the most of our lesson report. We are proud to know that we provide effective support even if we are on the other side of the ocean! We are working to improve the credit requests. Thanks again Michelle.

Replied April 2018

Ajla

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Best software

I just love it. Its a great software with so many features that you can make use of

PROS

I came across Tutorcruch software in January 20, i wished i had come across before. I just love this system. Because of how smart it is, it has allowed me to develop new product and services

CONS

The coding part, but since i have passed all details to my IT officer who helps me with everything.

Reason for choosing TutorCruncher

More friendly for younger students

Reasons for switching to TutorCruncher

I wanted a software where i am able to see everything i am doing and in addition i can look at my clients progress

Hi Ajla, Thank you so much for your review! We are also very excited that you chose to use TutorCruncher and are enjoying it see much. We look forward to continuing to work with you!

Vicky

Education Management, 1 employee

Good quality software

Good! Apart from the two improvements I wrote about, I love TutorCruncher and I think you did a great job at building it.

PROS

The number of options available and the fact that it simply works. Other types of software don't always work, so I was happy to see TutorCruncher does what it is supposed to do. I like the number of options and the client-student system works really well, as does the invoicing.

CONS

Two things: 1) The software does not work intuitively. Options are difficult to find and are not where a client expects them to be. I'd advise you to work with someone who knows about customer experience in software and who is willing to update the software with your customer in mind. As a client, the software has clearly been designed by someone who is good at building software, but who is not specialised in customer experience. 2) Translations. These options are horrible. There are many words one can translate in TutorCruncher, but once I did, the original English terms appeared on the invoices, still. When I asked about this, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] told me the translations are just there 'for you'. For me? I don't get why it works like this. I'd advise you to either a) make sure the translated terms appear throughout TutorCruncher as well as - most importantly! - on the invoice to the client's customers, so that the client won't have to build a new invoice using Moustache. And b), I'd also be interested to work with you to translate the software to Dutch or other European languages. In that way, your clients won't have to translate at all, and it will provide you with the opportunity to start selling the software here in the Netherlands (as there is no Dutch software available atm).

Reasons for switching to TutorCruncher

I wanted clients to be able to pay right away for the tuition, maybe through iDEAL (the Dutch way of making payments), and even though it has proven to be a hassle to organise this, I think it must be possible in TutorCruncher.

Hi Vicky, Thanks so much for your review! It is really great to hear that you are enjoying using our system. With regards to the translation part of our system, there seems to be a bit of confusion. Our translations work for end users only (clients, tutors, student), which is why you will not be be able to see these changes on your admin profile. We are always working to improve our system, so we would be very happy to get in touch with you and get a bit more feedback about what we could do to improve our translations and the easy of use of the system! Please feel free to write us a quick email.

Daisy

Music, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Easy to use platform

PROS

The initial reason I started to use Tutorcruncher was to take payments that are split by Stripe. A huge part of my job before Tutorcruncher was chasing payments, now that students save their card this is a rare job for me. I also love being able to see all the statistics, how many students are on our books, how many jobs are running and the income each week/month.

CONS

Occasionally things come up that the system isn't able to do. For example when all my teachers put their prices up in January I had to go through every student individually and change the rates.

Alexander

Reviewed May 2020

Infinitely valuable tool for a small-medium sized tutoring business

PROS

Sockets provide out-of-box integration with our own cloud-based platform and CRM Everything from billing, merchant services, tutor matching, online whiteboard integration is provided by TutorCruncher Simple job/lessons workflow Easy customizable forms and workflows

CONS

Socket needs to be better documented and provide more customization Hosting option is too expensive Should provide customer support in US timezones

Same as above

Reasons for switching to TutorCruncher

Tutorcruncher has a better integration option with my website and CRM system More customization options available Better integration with billing and merchant services The smaller company provides better tech support and a more personal experience

Hi Alexander, Great to see that you're getting a lot out of TutorCruncher so far! Your pro list and benefits cover a lot of the points we're really proud of, so we're chuffed about that. I've made a note for us to work harder on upgrading the Socket documentation, and tech support from a US timezone is on the way too. Thanks again, Fionn

Replied May 2020

Lizbeth

Reviewed October 2021

Highly Recommend

PROS

TutorCruncher is a wonderful Tutoring Platform for any size business. I own a small tutoring business and this has been a reliable resource the company uses every day. The organization and layout of the client and student information is great. Tracking of lessons, reporting, and invoicing features are vital and are presented in a user-friendly way. There are many options to integrate other great platforms such as Zoom for virtual lessons. Additionally, the customization features are extensive. Overall, exceptional.

CONS

Starting out with this platform can be a bit rough. The categorization and functionality are challenging to get used to at first. However, there is a magnificent support team including [SENSITIVE CONTENT] that guides a new user through the platform and how to get the most out of it, also troubleshoot any concerns.

Reasons for switching to TutorCruncher

I used TutorCruncher in the past and in drawing comparisons, I realized that TutorBird was much more limited in functionality and did not have certain features I needed for my business such as creating multiple jobs for a single client at two different rates for both the client and tutors. Also, TutorBird has almost no customization.

Hi Lizbeth, Thank you so much for your lovely review! It's great to hear that TutorCruncher has helped your tutoring agency & the switch hasn't been too difficult. We are excited to continue working with you in the future! :)

Replied October 2021

Stanley

Reviewed November 2020

A well developed platform with continuous improvement and new features.

I guess I am most impressed at the fact that they have good client service that generally get back to your problems within 24 hours. Also they continue to develop and perfect the software, making it more and more suitable for my need. They even developed a video conference integration themselves to resolve the program I have with other integrations. Best part it, its free of charge (I hope it stay this way).

PROS

TutorCruncher offers basically everything my tutoring business needed. From CRM, teacher/client database, website implementation, and online classes. It also have payment integration too, but since I collect my fee from other means, I didn't really get to use that, but its available.

CONS

I use it to provide service to Chinese customers. The translation process is available, but not automated. I essentially have to translate things one by one. Also, it doesn't let me or the user to switch between languages. So I had to put in both English and Chinese at the same time for users. Works, but made the interface messy.

Referral from tutor.

Reasons for switching to TutorCruncher

Not all in one enough for me to scale my business.

Hi Stanley, It is really great to hear that you have had a good experience with TutorCruncher. Thank you for your review! We are always working to improve our system, so we will make sure the devs take a look at your suggestion for improving translations!

Callie

Reviewed August 2022

Excellent system for tutor management

Excellent time saver.

PROS

The set up is easy and once done has saved me lots of time with scheduling tutors, requesting payments and managing new clients within my small organisation. My clients are happy with their side of the system, which was the most important aspect for me.

CONS

The overall design could be improved as it does look a little dated.

Reason for choosing TutorCruncher

On Tutorbird, the cost was per tutor whereas the cost is depending on revenue for Tutorcruncher. As a small business, Tutorcruncher worked out as a more affordable option.

Mohammad

Reviewed January 2022

Tutorcruncher review

Has allowed us to solve many problems and make running our business easier. We've gone from using 4-5 excel sheets, to managing everything on a cleaner platform on TutorCruncher, which has led to much less hours spent on menial tasks.

PROS

It has made our life easier in terms of managing our tutoring company. We can organise our timteable, lesson reports, invoices, and sales/leads all on one platform

CONS

Sometimes lacks customisability, eg when formatting emails, invoices, etc

Reason for choosing TutorCruncher

TutorCruncher seemed to have a cleaner platform

Hi Mohammad, Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a nice review! Glad you're enjoying the platform and we look forward to continue working together in the future :)

Replied January 2022

Wallace

Double the productivity

My business has about 20 classes. TutorCruncher helps me most in scheduling and billing.

PROS

- Reasonably easy to use - Make scheduling of my - Integrate the class schedules seamlessly with Google Calendar - Integration with Stripe - Account for the time zone difference for my teachers and students - Simplify the billing process - Chat support very helpful

CONS

- When you try to list items, such as jobs, students, and parents, while you can use different filters, it doesn't let you sort the order of appearance. For example, you can't list them in alphabetical order.

Reason for choosing TutorCruncher

TutorCruncher provides just what my business needs with one single SaaS. The learning curve is relatively flat. And in case when I get stuck, I have the chat support to help me.

Hi Wallace, We are very happy to hear that you are like our system and are enjoying a variety of the features we have to offer. Thank you for your feedback on areas we can improve, this is something our developers will look into updating and improving!

Jen

Reviewed December 2022

All in one management app for tutoring needs

PROS

Their CS is very helpful and very responsive when you first enrol to the platform and the team has helped us answer all the questions we have from transferring data and setting up invoices.

CONS

There are still some lack of flexibility on certain functions such as invoicing but their CS are willing to take suggestions and hopefully these will be fix in the future.

Reason for choosing TutorCruncher

Able to provide most of the requested functions

Reasons for switching to TutorCruncher

Easier to management large amount of client data

Pippa

Reviewed May 2020

Changed my company dramatically

It’s a fantastic product, with fantastic support. I can’t believe anyone would sign up to Tutorcruncher and regret it.

PROS

It saves you hiring an admin person. It streamlined invoicing. With TutorCruncher running in the background, you can focus all your efforts into building your company and making it better. I was pretty nervous as a CRM is such a vital aspect of the business and difficult to change once started. But I never looked backed after.

CONS

The only real Con for me, is that it’s designed for an agency. So has all the features you would expect for self employed tutors. My tutoring business is a company and everyone is paid by PAYE, I wish I could turn all the self employed features off. Eg, the amount Tutorcruncher tells tutors that have earth, is not what they get in their wages. Also I wish it had a feature that could collect the millage to make a our tutors milage claims automated. But that is just wishful thinking.

Hi Pippa, What an absolutely lovely review, thanks so much! You're absolutely right that CRM is a massive business decision so really happy you're confident that you made the right choice with us! I'll have a conversation with our team today to see if there's a way we could better account for income taxes like PAYE. Tutor mileage claims is definitely an ambition too (maybe something to release alongside the app), we'll continue brainstorming it on our end. Thanks again Pippa, stay well and I'm sure we'll be chatting again soon. Best, Fionn

Replied May 2020

Rory

Reviewed March 2017

Great piece of software

The Profs started using TutorCruncher about half way through our first year of operations, and since then, we haven't looked back. TutorCruncher has freed up a significant amount of administrative time, allowing us to put our time and energy into business growth. It has allowed our company to scale smoothly, and the TutorCruncher team have been open to taking onboard our suggests for changes and extra features to support our business growth. Very happy with the product.

PROS

Smooth integration of all aspects of the business. Easy to use for our contractors, clients, and in house team. Fantastic billing system, integrated with online payment companies for very swift payment turnaround.

CONS

We have dealt with the occasional bug and teething issue, but these are solved very quickly by their in house team.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great review, Rory. We are very pleased with the impact you feel our services have had on The Profs, particularly in terms of scalability and growth opportunities that TutorCruncher has helped provide. We are grateful for your prudent and effective suggestions for improving the system and are always happy to continue developing our services in line with the needs of successful businesses like yours. Thanks again, Rory!

Replied March 2017

Jelena

Reviewed April 2017

Loving our new operating system !!

Tutorcruncher is FANTASTIC and is a refreshing change from the old system we were using. The features (although we have not fully utilised all of them yet) are fantastic and as we explore the system we are excited to use more and more of the handy features available. Sam from the support team has been a godsend when it comes to promptly answering any (and I mean any! silly as they may be sometimes) question and problem in detail. Despite the time difference between us in Sydney (Australia) and him in the UK he is always reachable. Overall the staff and clients are thrilled with tutor cruncher and what it has to offer.

PROS

It is user-friendly. contains all the information in one spot. the support is fantastic and it is accessible by the clients.

CONS

a few minor issues like limited information on reports; I would like to be able to print client balance information. Navigating from Payment order back to the list sometimes requires a few too many clicks. Admin should be able to edit lesson charges and change the lesson status once it has been completed, cancelled or even deleted (possibly have levels of admin where the highest level has the permission to change this)

Hi Jelena, thank you for leaving us a fantastic review. We are really pleased that you have got so much value out of TutorCruncher since you moved over. There is still plenty more for you to take advantage of I am sure, so we look forward to continuing to help you get the most out of our services. Thanks again!

Replied April 2017

Mohammed

Reviewed June 2022

Quick feedback

It has helped us grow as a business

PROS

Very comprehensive set of features, ease by which you can scale a business with Tutor Cruncher

CONS

SMS flexibility, the ability to email specific jobs etc

Richer features on Tutor Cruncher

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review Mohammed! We hope the platform will continue to help your business grow in the future :)

Replied July 2022

Joe

Reviewed March 2018

This was the missing piece in the jigsaw of our business. Thank you.

It means we don't need a library of files of information. All our clients and tutors info is at our fingertips

PROS

How it organises our accounting structures, and allows me to quickly create a job and post out to our tutors, and I also like the editability of the messages

CONS

I never really know what the user experience is for our clients and our tutors. I don't know when they get there reports and what happens if they pay their invoice on time. I'm sure I could find this out if I made myself a client and went through that whole process, but it would be great if you had a section of screenshots displaying the user experience of our clients and tutors at each step of the way.

Hello Joe, thank you very much for your excellent review. We are happy that TutorCruncher helps you to organise the accounting structures and payment. You always have access to your Demo Branch on tutor which does allow you to role play to visualise how your clients and tutors interact and engage with your system. Thanks again Joe.

Replied April 2018