• icon"Also they really do not want you to contact support so its difficult. Its a great idea and works with QuickBooks once you can figure out how to set it up."
  • icon"The company is really responsive to improving the product. Simplifies the Accounts Payable Process and saves a lot of time."
  • icon"The software is very capable at image recognition and determining exactly what was charged. It also does a good job of archiving said expenses."
  • icon"I use the software for expense reimbursement. It can get annoying taking a picture then waiting till later in the day for it to get processed."
  • icon"The source of the invoice which appeared in my payment list was a fishing scam. ReceiptBank refused to make any security improvements on the platform."
  • icon"Clients can be confused about submitting multiple invoices by email. Doesn't split across classes/departments in basic product."

All Dext Prepare Reviews

Darcy

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

June 2022

Keep Track of your Receipts easily

Brett

Smart Solution to manual bookkeeping entry

Time. This saves time . It also provides peace of mind.

Pros

The AI behind this software is smart and adaptive. The OCR recognition can identify the debit/credit card used on a submitted receipt and match that receipt payment to the specific bank account in your accounting software so you can avoid sending payments to the wrong account. For accounting firms, the bundled pricing is a great value to share with your clients. It does not just push the data to your accounting software, but will search your transactions in the software to try to find matches and will sync up the payments with ease.

Cons

While they are doing good with the fetch option for online invoices (they can pull the statements and invoices from online billers, such as cell phone or internet), they do not have the capability, currently, to pull bank statements. Add this feature and we have an unmatched solution to this expense capture sector in my opinion.

Elliott

Everything we need at the right price

Pros

Very easy to use. The interface is clear and user-friendly. The lack of mandatory expense reports is a big plus in my view. When we used Expensify we had various issues dealing with expense reports. They aren't really necessary for our process, so eliminating them saves time. Also, now an issue with one transaction won't hold up the rest of the report. The OCR is very accurate compared to our previous software (Expensify and Veryfi), and did seem to learn how to read different vendors' invoices when I had to make some corrections (e.g. pulling invoice date instead of order date). Customer support was responsive and had a great attitude. Pricing is transparent and inexpensive compared to some competitors. Works well for both employee expenses and general accounts payable.

Cons

OCR processing time is slower than we would like. Items can be processed manually when needed, however. Multiple approval flows would help manage expenses by department. Doesn't integrate correctly with our bank. This seems to be an issue with our bank and the third-party integration software, but still.

Reasons for choosing Dext Prepare

Pricing was transparent and inexpensive. We were able to easily sign up for a trial to confirm Receipt Bank met our needs.

Reasons for switching to Dext Prepare

Expensify sent out an unsolicited political email to all users, which we found unacceptable. Fortunately, this led us to find an alternative with better pricing and ease of use. We were also able to consolidate our employee expenses and general invoice entry in one software.

Veronica

October 2022

Has great features but don't like that you have to buy in groups of five

Pros

I like the integration with QBO, the supplier rules feature, and the expense report functionality.

Cons

I wish i could organize the files in a different way (similar to a file folder) I don't like the pricing scheme

Reasons for choosing Dext Prepare

Some clients had better functionality for DEXT (expense reports)

Christie

February 2022

Dext doesn’t tell the truth - won’t upgrade my lower level subscription. They expect me to pay twice

I wasn’t asking for anything more than what the average person would receive for their price. Why offer a terrible product that you don’t even advertise, that has almost the identical name to the next level product? I feel utterly duped.

Pros

I feel so disheartened by Dext & Google Play! They offered me a discount (without refunding my original purchase), yet they didn’t offer to only charge the difference between what I’d already paid and the next subscription level. WHY???

Cons

I mistakenly subscribed to Dext’s “Business Plan” through the Dext app. I couldn’t figure out why it didn’t function like it was supposed to. Once I figured out that it was called “Business” and not “Business Plus” I realized I must have subscribed to something different…I didn’t know they offered anything different from their website. I contacted Dext right away and told them I want to upgrade (or refund to upgrade on my own). They told me Google Play can refund this. I communicated with Google Play. They said, “We can’t do this, only the app developer can. I asked, “How do I communicate with the app developer?” They gave me the same email address that I previously used to communicate with Dext. I went back and forth many times (over the course of a month) communicating with Google Play and Dext; both telling me the other can help me. In the end, Dext offered to cancel my current subscription (but I wouldn’t get a refund) and then they’d give me 20% off a new subscription. Dext is EXPENSIVE and now I have to pay double, when I asked to be upgraded (or refunded) right after I bought it. WHO is lying to me? In the end, Dext simply closed the case on me instead of offering me the upgraded subscription for the price difference. UNBELIEVABLE! Dext told me that I hadn’t heard of this lower level subscription because they got rid of it as it wasn’t popular, but that Google Play kept it.

Simon

Automation with Dext

We already liked Dext, then recently found out about a new integration feature where it links with and fetches data directly from Amazon, Uber etc. to save another stage of manual work. Excellent.

Pros

Dext, although higher price, is our preferred purchase invoice data capture system. Its more powerful, so if the client is of a certain size then it is worth the extra outlay to save time

Cons

As long as you know what it is capable of, its hard to fault

Reasons for choosing Dext Prepare

We still use hubdoc for clients that dont have much activity, but after a certain size Dext is better

More functionality.

Audrey

I use Dext Prepare multiple time a day for various businesses

Overall I think it is a good program and helps streamline daily activities.

Pros

Easy setup and integration with QuickBooks Online. Clients find it quick and easy to use, which is a must to get everything done in a timely manner.

Cons

I find the monthly tiered subscription pricing to be a bit expensive.

Reasons for choosing Dext Prepare

I still use CCH iFirms client portal for my tax clients that do not need integration to a bookkeeping software.

Reasons for switching to Dext Prepare

I liked the filing system better and when I switched subscriptions the pricing was about the same.

Russell

December 2021

A useful - and usable - alternative to expensive

Overall this has been a good product for my accounting practice. I use it personally for my own firm and for many of my monthly bookkeeping clients as a method to capture receipts in the moment.

Pros

Designed for accountants and their clients, allows for easy collaboration and receipt capture. Does a much better job than QBO receipt capture and does not restrict the source email for forwarded emailed receipts, making it much more usable and efficient.

Cons

The refusal to allow us to use American formatted dates is a constant and significant irritant. It would be so simple to correct this that it is extremely annoying that they won't do it. Receipt matching to existing QBO transactions is inconsistent and only looks back 3 months so it is not ideal for clean up projects. Pricing structure isn't very flexible.

Reasons for choosing Dext Prepare

Better features, and Ledgersync does not provide client data privacy as they have access to look at all of your documents whenever they want.

Marilynn

August 2022

Dext Customer Service

My overall experience with dext was horrible, customer service was nonexistent, there is no phone number to call a person and when I canceled my monthly subscription well before the 15-day cancelation period, I was still charged for the next month. I received no response from my customer manager who was on holiday and was told I had to meet with the manager before I could cancel. This made no sense to me. Canceling my monthly subscription was one of the most stressful, time-consuming things I have done regarding an app, I do not recommend this app.

Pros

What I liked most about this software was it was able to import receipts

Cons

What I liked least about this software were the customer service and the price.

Reasons for switching to Dext Prepare

Plooto offers both the receipt fetching feature as well as payment set up for the same price.

October 2022

Great data extraction software for clients willing to pay premium for a premium product

Excellent premium software for data extraction

Pros

The data extraction worked great and the ability to also automatically mark payments to bills is also a timesaver. The ability to post multicurrency bills is a great feature.

Cons

It took quite a while to have everything set up, sometimes the data extraction did not work for an unknown reason. Does not work for extracting data from bank statements.

Reasons for switching to Dext Prepare

The client wanted to use the other software.

Lynda

October 2022

Customer service is non existent

Can’t get any support . No one replies . Non existent support or customer service

Pros

Uploading receipts was great to do and easy but that’s is all is does . Nothing else . Email feature is good

Cons

Can’t get total expenses or an expense Report waste of money for what I need it for . Does not do the job I want it for

Forget the rest Receipt Bank is the best! Save time and gather more data!

Pros

I have been using Receipt Bank alongside Xero for at least 5 years now and I have tried the alternatives but for me RB is the best! It is easy, accurate and intelligent. Its super simple app alongside the emailing in, drag & drop, dropbox link etc makes adding receipts and bills easy so you are more likely to capture more items. The OCR works well and learns (it is however worth keeping an aye on things as sometimes it can go awry!). The supplier rules work well, it has a great user interface and is simple to navigate. I know that they do line by line splits on some supplier invoices and I would like to see that get more accessible. Overall Receipt Bank saves so much time and I think that they are still developing more and more features. I have had clients that hate it and there are a few nuances that you should pay attention to at the start but once you have it works brilliantly!! I have tried Datamolino, Autoentry and Xero direct for the day to day receipts & invoices but have always come back to Receipt Bank. Customer support has always been good, friendly and relatively speedy. I use Receipt Bank with all my clients - we insist upon it!

Cons

I would probably say the thing that comes up over again is the price (I argue that rather pay them that than me for data entry!) but maybe if there was a lower starting price? I would love to see a Bill to client button and the option to break an invoice into lines as a standard option.

Kimberly

Fantastic. Extreme time saver! Easy integration with Quickbooks

I have several clients that I have signed up to use Receipt Bank and they are all satisfied. Customer service is better than their competitors! I look like a hero to my clients that now use Receipt Bank!

Pros

I recommend to my accounting clients as a quick way to get their expenses recorded. Take a picture of the receipt with your phone and auto publish straight into Quickbooks. Game changer for small businesses that still use the shoe box method! It is a very easy integration with Quickbooks online! Very cost efficient for small businesses.

Cons

May not be the best choice for larger businesses with multi level approval of expense reports. I have not signed up a larger client so it may be fine, but I do not think it has this feature.

Reasons for switching to Dext Prepare

The Expensify customer service is extremely poor.

Joel

Accounting Made Simple with Receipt Bank

The experience so far has been pleasant. Paperwork can be really daunting especially at the end of the month when you have to account for all the business transactions and present accounting and financial report on time. This software basically saves you the trouble by making things simpler and saving you a great deal of time.

Pros

All you have to do is take a photo of receipts and bills, make use of the drag and drop feature and get them into an accounting system for easy and quick reference. It saves you a good deal of time in accounting. With the OCR feature, you can easily get both the debit and credit card identified when receipts submitted show they have been used for payment. Moreover, you can find out the exact bank account for the debit/credit card used to ensure there's no error when making payment or tracking transactions. Receipt Bank simplifies bookkeeping in that you can be out and about and still be able to get things into the system without any constraint. This is actually possible thanks to the mobile app that lets you work as normal even when you are on the go. User-friendly and easy-to-navigate interface. The dashboard also simplifies bookkeeping and lets you gauge or track your customer's activity level from time to time. It captures accurate info. Just snap a photo and relax. The rest will be handled by the tool.

Cons

Data mining may exhibit a bit of issues sometimes. So it should definitely be checked.

Shan

A must-have product for your book management

Receipt bank is a great tool for business owners and accountants. It archives the supports on the cloud. Therefore, when it comes to an audit, the support could be easily pulled.

Pros

Receipt Bank is easy to track bills and receipts and useful to publish into accounting software. Also, Receipt Bank could assign different roles among users, which saves time for review and approval of reimbursable expenses. Last but not least, it keeps adding features like bank statement fetch, which creates efficiency for bank reconciliation.

Cons

If bills or receipts are denominated in foreign currency, the exchange rate used by Receipt Bank is different from that by Accounting Software. To have a consistent rate across the book, we have to manually refresh the bill date to have a consistent exchange rate.

May 2022

Easy expense tracking

Very easy to use, and integrates well with Xero and out bookkeeping and accounting practices.

Pros

Capture expenses is really easy with Dext. As a team we use a combination of photos, for physical receipts, and emails where we just attach a PDF. Both methods work really well, and it takes away the pain of tracking expenses.

Cons

The accuracy for digitisation is excellent, however, it can be slow at times. To be honest though, I would rather it take a longer time to process and be accurate than being fast and inaccurate.

Reasons for choosing Dext Prepare

We were recommended Receipt Bank, which became Dext, by our bookkeeper. We didn't evaluate other options, as the recommendation was made based on experience.

dickson