• Pros

• "The features are pretty good. Fairly easy to use"

• "The payroll module is great. Overall I like the ease of the software and how straight forward it is. "

• "Easy to use. Set-up was free from errors due to excellent Implementation Partner."

• Cons

• "It requires time for training to understand the uses of the software and sometimes customer support is different to get through for help."

• "We are still implementing it, so I cannot comment at this moment."

• "When we run payroll, everyone has to log out for almost an hour, otherwise the process will be extremely slow or will just stop."

Browse AccuFund Accounting Suite Reviews

Brian from Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin, Inc.

PPWI AccuFund Accounting Suite Review July 2020

PPWI's positive experience with AccuFund also includes positive experience with their product support and customer service. Their product support provided the needed organization and product expertise for a successful implementation. Their customer service always responds with 60 minutes and mostly within 30 minutes. They are attentive to our issues and communicate in an manner that in understandable and useful.

Pros

PPWI substantially utilizes only two of the AccuFund modules: the General and Accounts Payable. The standard features of each of the modules provide a good framework for effective and efficient processing of transactions. Also, the ability to customize utilizing elective options such as "Type" allow us to group and / or categorize organizations, transactions, etc. uniquely to our needs. These modules are accompanied with a comprehensive list of standard reports. These standard reports have many filter options which support our reporting needs very well. The reporting features include the ability to easily customize reports as needed.

Cons

PPWI does not utilize the ERP features and / or functionality of AccuFund. We utilize other applications for health care EPM EHR, fund raising, employee resource management (payroll). We utilize AccuFund import / export features extensively to support our batch processing of transactions.

Reasons for Choosing AccuFund Accounting Suite

We did not consider any alternative products.

David from United Way of the River Cities, Inc.

UWRC AccuFund Review

I am very happy with our transition to AF after working in QB for over 30 years. The software fits our needs and I wish more United Ways could afford it.

Pros

We have been using AccuFund now for several years. We switched from QuickBooks because QB couldn't handle Grants Management. I am very happy with the product. The interaction with our AF consultant [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is amazing. He is the best!

Cons

The budgeting module is clunky to work with and seems to have many bugs. The module that allows an employee to enter their time is needed, but just too expensive for us.

Reasons for Choosing AccuFund Accounting Suite

Cost and similarly to QB.

August 2015

Ken from Pascua Yaqui Tribe

August 2015

Robust with many features but lots of quirks

Pros

A full suite of modules that are very customizable

Cons

Very unforgiving of errors and not amenable to certain transactions. For instance, invoice cancellation does not release the receiving. Product returns are not supported; i.e., we cannot do negative receiving to match to credit memos. Check voids cannot be reversed although voided checks occasionally clear.

Liat from AKA Head Start, Inc

Quality Program for mid-size Non-Profit Agency with multiple Funds

AccuFund makes accounting for multiple funds simple and clean.

Pros

Cons

Some reports are difficult to customize.

Reasons for Choosing AccuFund Accounting Suite

Price was better and AccuFund wasn't unnecessarily complicated for our business size.

Zach from The Principle Foundation

AccuFund

Pros

Integration with Zoho and Expensify are seamless. Transition from QuickBooks was easy and the transition team is easy to work with.

Cons

Not being able to attach notes to a transaction is the only downside.

Kristin from Beechwood Continuing Care

Accounting Software Conversion

I am very happy with our decision to move to AccuFund. It is specific to non-profit accounting, and the company adheres to a continuous improvement philosophy. They keep up to date on accounting standards, and are always looking for ways to help us become more efficient.

Pros

The software is very flexible. We have been able to program it to do almost everything we want it to do. It has cut our month end close by 4 days because it is a real time system and there is no batch processing. More entries can be made during the month, less at month end. We have also been able to reduce the number of manual excel spreadsheets we used to keep outside the software system. The reporting features are incredibly powerful as well. We have eliminated excel spreadsheets from the board reporting process. At the end of the month, it is almost as easy as hitting a button and getting the board financial packet. Minutes instead of hours.

Cons

The Standard Reporting module is very very powerful. But, because it is so powerful, it is difficult to learn to use. I have had to resort to contacting my consultant to write reports for me. That being said, the reports he has been able to write for us have eliminated hours of work trying to pull the information together from many different sources.

Reasons for Choosing AccuFund Accounting Suite

We looked at a Sage product and a product that also posted in real time. The Sage product still used the month end batch processing. The other real time system was not specific to non - profits and was much more expensive.

Wendelin from Borough of Forest Hills

Product is good.

Pros

The features are pretty good. Fairly easy to use

Cons

Exporting into Excel for budget purposes is not easy. At times, support is lacking. I would appreciate being able to get hold of someone whenever I need something because I am usually in the middle of a project when I need assistance.

Karen from NJ Conservation Foundation

Industry: Environmental Services

Powerful but could use some improvements

Pros

I like the drill down features, the connectivity of cash receipts and banking, banking management and ease of reconciliation

Cons

AP module. Difficult to navigate. Looking for vendors is difficult, you need to know the exact name. Cannot change posting account after the check has been processed.

Patricia from Cathoic Charities of Broome County

Accufund Review

Pros

Importing feature is very user friendly. We use this for Receipts and Bank recons

Cons

Often the upgrades create unanticipated problems, and added/changed features we are not made aware of. Report writing is not user friendly. Bank Reconciliation reports cannot be brought into excel.

Christopher from CentroMed

Great system for the Price

My staff really understand the software and are able to move around with ease.

Pros

The ease of use and the robust customization to what is needed for your organization.

Cons

Reports are complicated but after years of tweaking you can make it work. You need to know the tables and how to before creating one from scratch. Backup Hog-files are big and you need space to save just not the same place where you have accufund running on.

Reasons for Choosing AccuFund Accounting Suite

Functionality and your 3rd party seller knows it very well.

Joyce from City of Craig, Alaska

City of Craig, Alaska

The city implemented AccuFund in 2005 and has used a majority of the modules. Once AccuFund is set up there is little maintenance if updates are installed as released. AccuFund is easy to teach to staff and has the internal controls for a small municipality. I have used numerous accounting software and AccuFund is the best for the value, ease of use and the AccuFund staff are great to work with.

Pros

AccuFund's support is exceptional and usually replies within 24 hours. The separate modules integrate with each other and are easily customized to the city's needs. Reporting can be customized.

Cons

Accounts payable post details to general ledger rather than one line per invoice. Employee portal calendar stops frequently. Property tax reporting is cumbersome.

Teresa from Rancho Simi Recreation & Park District

accu fund

I currently only consistently use 3 modules and the software is very easy to use.

Pros

The software is easy to use, for the most part but I use it everyday, so it becomes habit. I like the ability to see everything about an organization, with just one click

Cons

I was able to see which vendors were missing SSN before this last update, but that is not available any more. I would like to option to move the purchase orders straight to "bills" . I wouldn't need to enter all the information from the purchase order, but have the option to enter an invoice number.

Reasons for Choosing AccuFund Accounting Suite

The different options, and the ability to customize the software. We can eventually add a payroll module to our existing modules is a plus.

Brittany from Swatara Township

AccuFund Review

Pros

I like that it is easy to pick up, learn and teach. It is easy to change different account/user settings. It is easy to pull different reports to match your needs, as well as creating your own personalized versions. My favorite feature is the ability to scan your own images on every type of entry, and the ability to create detailed organization accounts.

Cons

I think the most difficult part of AccuFund is the Dashboard- but that could be because it is newer and I haven't has as much experience with it yet. Another slight con would be when you go to scan images- every day you have to set up your scanner with AccuFund when you log in, instead of it remembering your scanner settings.

Tanya from ADVOCAP, Inc.

As a non profit organization, our accounting system is very complex. AccuFund meets our needs!

Pros

There are so many things that I love about this software program, the A/P module, the A/R module, the Payroll module, Loan tracking, the Requisition and Purchase Order system. We have a lot of different funding sources, so allocating costs to each funding source is a breeze when using AccuFund. The drilling capability is also a huge benefit to this software. I can drill down on any expense to see what Purchase order was used to generate the expense and what check number was used to pay for it.

Cons

As with anything, there are always improvements that can be made, however, AccuFund listens to what your needs are and makes upgrades as needed.

Linda from Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians

I would say that this software has a ton of capability.

Very flexible. Very powerful. Takes some time to get familiar with, but well worth the time and effort.

Pros

The flexibility, AccuFund is very powerful. I also like the fact that you can setup a test database of your own system to test various scenarios before implementing. Support staff is very helpful. I think it is really important to have a good retailer to help with the setup to make sure it works correctly from the very beginning.

Cons

In some ways, the flexibility. Understanding how the software works makes it easier, but because each customer can customize everything so much, you really need to know how it works. I was not involved in the original setup, but I have setup a couple of modules and was successful. I always did it in the test system first to make sure it worked the way I expected.

Cynthia from Wyoming Child & Family Development, Inc.

I have had good customer service. Most of the Customer Supporters are very willing to assist.

The ease of the accounting process. If you go out and change a distribution it automatically changes it in the employee record.

Pros

Once it is explained how it works it is fairly easy to get around in the program. I have recently tried to change a report and found it fairly easy to maneuver.

Cons

Sometimes I find that the system works very slowly. Also, sometimes you will get the message that an illegal action was performed, not sure why this happens? There was some major confusion during the start of the ACA reporting.

Deena from Koinonia Foster Homes, Inc.

Great accounting software

Pros

Accounting software is excellent. It is user-friendly and the updates happen frequently enough to address any issues that we have.

Cons

Payroll module is not functional, nor is support adequate for our business. We have continued problems with calculation issues as well as time clock issues. We have asked for support numerous times, but nothing has been completed to assist us in fixing the issues. We are looking at other options for our payroll processing.

Renee from Employment Opportunity and Training Center

AccuFund Accounting Suite

Accufund is important to our operation because we rely on the management of 30+ funding streams and we do all of our payroll in house. The modules do help us keep all of our ducks in a row.

Pros

Once the software is installed and you get training on the modules. It becomes more user friendly. Must get training.

Cons

The modules overall are not really user friendly or intuitive. We still need a customer service person to help set up reports that we want to create.

Bev from City of Tangent

Very user friendly. I have had AccuFund software for nine years now; have loved it from the start.

I know my DueToFroms are all correct, plus I can track any and all of my posting. My auditors are very pleased with our choice of AccuFund.

Pros

How user friendly it is and they keep updating and adding useful modules. They also have excellent customer service.

Cons

I do not understand the report writer, but I think I would if I went to a training seminar. Other than setting up custom reports, I have not found anything I do not like.

Lance from FIVCO Area Development District

Great Software

Pros

Cons

There are some design features I don't like such as the software restarting after being inactive for a moment of time and the ability to change the database itself with ease.

Debraq from Town of Athens

Industry: Utilities

Satisfied Customer

Pros

We are a Municipality and we utilize the Billing , Payroll, Accounts Payable Modules. We are happy with each of these modules. The software is user friendly.

Cons

The program allows to have reports made to capture what information you may require. I wish this was more user friendly in setting up custom made reports.

Karen from Foxborough Regional Charter School

We have been AccuFund customers for several years. No complaints. Easy to use.

Pros

Each module interacts with the other with no issues. We have the accounting, purchasing, budget and fixed asset modules.

Cons

If there is a typo in a transaction, it cannot be corrected. If the description could be corrected without changing the actual dollar transaction that would be great.

Tonya from Miami Valley Regional Planning Commission

We purchased AccuFund in December 2015 and I have loved ever since.

Pros

Electronic Requisitions w/approvals, Purchase Orders, and Timesheets. The ease of entry and the various reports generated.

Cons

Haven't found anything I can think of. Compare to the software we had before this is 100% better and we should have upgraded years ago.

Daniel from California-Pacific United Methodist Foundation

AccuFund has allowed our foundation to have integrated accounting software for the first time.

We finally have an integrated accounting system for our foundation.

Pros

I like AccuFund's flexibility. We can do basic accounting and also get into complex fund accounting. Most systems we tried weren't able to do all the tasks we needed done.

Cons

The cloud-based version can't work through a browser. I requires a special platform installed on the computer. I want to be able to access AccuFund wherever I am located.

Tina from Community Action Partnership of Madera County

I use it everyday for PR and AP purposes.

Pros

Running reports is the feature I like most, I can usually find one that fits my specific needs.

Theresa from Rancho Simi Rec & Park District

RSRPD

Pros

Electronic approval of requisitions. Upload of GL data is easy to use.

Cons

Would like to see electronic approval of payroll documents

Jennifer from Partners In Progress

I am a relatively new user to Accufund. I am finding that the more I learn the more I like it.

Pros

Lots of features and functionality. There is almost nothing that can't be done with this software.

Cons

Sometimes a little TOO detailed and TOO many features. The reports feature is good and bad. With proper training, and a lot of use, you can create any report you want but you have to use your knowledge or lose it!

Jeff from IBSA

Good Product - worth looking at.

Pros

AccuFund is very helpful and has worked well for our organization.

Cons

It is hard to find things at times and hard to write reports easily.

Jennifer from NOACA

Small Government Agency Review

Pros

Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable are excellent.

Cons

Reporting can be difficult to figure out in order to extract what you want.

Rodney from People Encouraging People

Industry: Mental Health Care

We use for Rep Payee and has save us alot of time and effort.

Moved Rep Payee from multiple unmanageable spreadsheets to a very well maintained system.

Pros

Reseller is very knowledgeable. Staff and support treat me with respect. The software is customizable. I can create form exactly as I need.

Cons

A couple of bugs that have not been fixed, ie. reports will create a new page prematurely. The UI is a little dated but I understand they are working on a new version that will fix that.

Laith from Crisis Center Idaho

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Great if you have good Training

I like it more than QB. it's easy to use.

Pros

Give you more details, the financial statement easy to understand, easy to follow your money, no way to duplicate your entry.

Cons

it's not easy to fix your mistakes, your books you got it with the program not enough at all to understand the program, the service too expenses.

Brittney from GroupOne

AccuFund Review

Great flexibility for business.

Pros

Easy to concept and follow with no accidental of duplicating any entries. Many different features such as AP, cash receipts, general ledger, bank reconciliation, importing and exporting, document storage, a financial report writer and a forms designer for customized form generation- all of which are great to use to help run the business more smooth.

Fabiano from Strategic Concepts in Organizing and Policy Education

As the sysadmin at my organization, I've found easy to work with AF Accouting Suite.

Pros

Software flexibility and customer service really stands up. Upgrades and patch updates are easy and quickly to implement. The tech support team is very knowledgeable and friendly!

Rosemary from Isk institute

ACCUFUND

Pros

THIS PROGRAM WAS USED WHEN WE NEEDED TO DO OUR BOOKS FOR A PRIVATE CHIROPRACTIC OFFICE. WE DID NOT USE IT FOR LONG.

Cons

THIS PROGRAM WAS EFFECTIVE IN ITS USE FOR OUR COMPANY FOR THE SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME THAT WE DID USE IT.

December 2014

Carl from Training & Treatment Innovations, Inc.

Industry: Philanthropy

December 2014

AccuFund is better than QuickBooks for our organization

Pros

The flexibility of the chart of accounts, reports, and our reseller all trump the options and support we were previously receiving through QuickBooks.

Cons

Working with the database setup has been the biggest challenge in our transition to AccuFund. The AccuFund support team has been helpful, but with our complex SQL database configuration, it has taken a substantial amount of effort.

Laith from ProActive Behavioral health

Great with some support

it's good so far

Pros

easy to use , we really like it the problem with this program is the books don't show you every thing so you need to contact the company and they will charge you too much money.

Cons

the support too expensive, I wish if you can make if free or couple hours free support not like not.

Low-budget option

Pros

Keeps track of vacation/sick/etc. accumulations and is updated every pay period.

Cons

Filling in the time card is way more difficult than it needs to be. In order to input holiday/vacation/sick time, you have to delete the hours, type in "0," save, select holiday/vacation/sick, type in the correct hours, and then save again. It's way too many steps for something that should be simple. Also, the way the time sheet is set up is very difficult to see on a computer screen without having to scroll horizontally, which then hides the categories. Not mobile compatible.

Thamara from Edhirya IT

Lots of features inside one application

Great application with lots of features but need to improve .

Pros

Provide powerful core system which is contain essential modules for accounting and also AccuFund is a cloud base solution which we can access from any where. Can export .csv format files and import excel files. Basic and simple user interfaces with detailed information.

Cons

Basic user interfaces which can be less have user interactions and too much features will caused to user to difficult to work and handle.Not easy to adopt to the system without any guidance.

July 2016

Jose from NYC Administation for Children's Services

July 2016

Purcahse of AccuFund

Pros

The president of the company came to our office and presented a live demo. They spent sessions going over our questions. They provided good references.

Cons

We are still implementing it, so I cannot comment at this moment.

Muhammad

Jaspal from Commercial Syndicate

Review of AccuFund Accounting Suite

It is a very flexible accounting software and has made our operations and management very easy.

Pros

it's dashboard supports employees portal it' wide product range makes it flexible for different businesses

Cons

It does not have time and management tracking capability It requires time for training

Abigail from United Way of Greater St. Louis

If you want basic, Accufund is it

Pros

My organization uses this software for staff to log their hours for payroll. We went from using an Excel doc, to Paychex (which was a horrible user experience), to Accufund. Accufund functions fine, it just feels very outdated. Maybe it's the type/level our organization has, but it's a horrible user experience. The pro: I get paid.

Cons

There are many cons. The system is not intuitive; it took me forever to figure out how to print my paystub. Each time you select a cell to type in your hours, it skips back to the very beginning of the pay period and you have to scroll to where you previously where. The left column that determines the type of time (sick, vacation, etc.) doesn't float when you scroll, so you have to look and select it beforehand. I could go on...

Joshua from Skool Aid