All AutoEntry Reviews

Reviewed March 2022

Great programm

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2017

Convenient, accurate and time saving

PROS

We have been using Auto Entry as a firm for a couple of months and we’re really impressed at how much time it can save, level of accuracy and convenience. As a medium sized accountancy firm we are always looking at options to save labour hours inputting data and so far it is a good inexpensive solution. Purchase invoices are easy to process, we mostly upload all the invoices we want to process as one PDF and leave Auto Entry to process them, but there are options to process multi-page PDFs and more detailed breakdown. It will read the Date, Supplier name, and amounts, net of VAT and gross including it. When Auto Entry and QuickBooks are linked up, all the Suppliers, Customers and the Chart of Accounts are linked, to the supplier account and relevant nominal can be selected from a drop down, which Auto Entry remembers going forward. You can ‘’Approve’’ invoices that are ready to import and sync up with QuickBooks. Sales work very similar to Purchases. Bank statements are processed quickly and are usually accurate, saving us many hours that our staff would have to spend manually summarising. The files at the end can then be either downloaded as an excel file or imported into QuickBooks. In terms of chargeable time it is inexpensive, freeing up time to work on other tasks. When we first tried out Auto Entry, there is a chat box and the bottom right that lets you know what advisors are active at that time. They were very helpful at the start when navigating it. - On behalf of Jerroms

CONS

Occasionally a figure may be incorrect when converting bank statements, however this is very rare. Sometimes a duplicate items on an invoice may occur when processing purchase or sales invoices, Again quite rare.

Ceejay

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Good at Posting into Sage 50 Accounts

even when we have to manually put the order number in before we publish, it is still saving time.

PROS

AutoEntry attaches the invoice in to Sage. the chat is very responsive and friendly.

CONS

It does not automate if you need your order number in Sage. It is a lot more expensive than the competitor.

Reason for choosing AutoEntry

More automated and attached the invoice in to Sage

Tom

Investment Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Buggy Software . . . and Major Bugs not addressed for months.

Terrible. Have not been able to access for a month . . . and my creditors are screaming. Honestly, do not risk it with this product.

PROS

I've been a customer (and pretty much a fan until recently) for more than 3 years and loved the automatic entry of invoices. Certainly beat manual entry. That said, the interface is very poorly design and generally very buggy in many ways. I was happy to put up with all of this, until recently when I could no longer even log on!!! Keep in mind all my creditor invoices are on this system . . . and the customer service team told me this was a "bug the team is working on". Essentially the 2FA failed and they have not resolved for a month! No work-around offered til just now (and I am still waiting after contacting their help desk again hours ago).

CONS

IT Service Management is terrible. Very buggy and very major bugs are unresolved for week!

Varun

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2021

best software, I would say try it , once.

I am glad to use it, save lot time .

PROS

some future not there , like undo invoice, soon you chat with help team, they sort it straight away. I won't say any pros

CONS

expensive , worth to buy. it will better if 9 pounds 200 Invoice

Reason for choosing AutoEntry

free trail and I am using sage, and integration with it, I have seen bad review on trust pilot, I just try see if they improve now, review was 2 year ago, uk fuel should be integration to sage or auto entry , like hubdoc does. need more improvement , but doing well so far

Andile

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Paperless entry

Accuracy is ensured, reduced admin time and seamless integration to cloud accounting, this is awesome.I have had the previllage of meeting the team, I trust the brand, product and people.

PROS

I work with clients that deal with PDF and hard copy bank statements, my accountants are reduced to data capturing for hours, the seamless upload of these documents and bulk import/Integration to accounting systems save so much time and afford them to do what they do best: produce vital financial information to business in time.

CONS

The billing method: credits.In an ideal world this is great, my Account clients deal with clients that have huge amounts of PDF and print outs which prove to be more expensive for them to render thier service.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Published Supplier invoices not attaching in Sage One

Started off well, until published supplier invoices stopped attaching in Sage One

PROS

It started off working well, well priced, allows multiple entities and Users on one account.

CONS

Published Supplier invoices not attaching in Sage One for 4 weeks now

Reason for choosing AutoEntry

I have moved back to Dext Prepare because of the above unresolved problem.

Gabriel

Reviewed October 2023

Automation of data entry

It was good but it's not perfect enough as it has some lags

PROS

Simple to use and is fast to us, any person with little accounting skills can still use it

CONS

The only con, on my part is for you to use the product you have to pay, I wish that sometimes it should be free

Terry

Accounting, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2017

Was there another way before Autoentry? Goodbye manual input!

PROS

An intuitive product that delivers what is says - sales invoices, purchase invoices and bank statements seamlessly delivered into the accounting product (Quickbooks Online) in super fast time. The access rights are very flexible meaning we can work with clients who we also set up to use it and the recently added App makes it even easier for them. Its 'Pay As You Go' pricing structure is extremely attractive, with every useage credit available across all clients so there is never money wasted on unused capacity - unlike other similar products. Efficient, inexpensive, consistent and reliable, all backed by great support - I wonder how I managed without it.

CONS

None at all. ... but I did have to invest in a better scanner to cope with the volume I am now putting through Autoentry!

Reviewed January 2024

AutoEntry Advocate

So far we have had a positive experience with AutoEntry, as have our clients

PROS

Allows the whole team to log on at the same time & its connection to Sage Business Cloud

CONS

Not 100% user friendly for clients using mobile phone app

Reasons for switching to AutoEntry

Dext increased their prices significantly

Lisa

Reviewed October 2023

Handy app with great customer service

Fantastic customer services. I like the layout and the features (when they work).

PROS

Autoentry connects to Freeagent which is really useful. I can turn items sent into me into invoices which I've not seen before and I think they've got their pricing strategy right.

CONS

The 'autofetch' document search... whereby the system is supposed to go into suppliers, and pull out any invoices hasn't been working for me, so for this reason (which was the critical reason what I signed up as I wanted that automation and time saving function), I have since paused our subscription. I don't bame the software, I think it may be the suppliers website. Eitherway, its not working for me.

Reviewed August 2017

Good pricing structure and features, but could do with more development

PROS

The pricing structure for AutoEntry is spot on in terms of paying what you use and carrying over of credits. AutoEntry copes very well with bulk invoices and has a good range of 'rules' to code the transactions. Once rules are set up, they are applied to the inbox instantly, so mass processing for bulk invoices is very efficient. AutoEntry copes with complex tax summaries and foreign currency quite well. Another unique feature, as compared to Receipt Bank, is the ability to process sales invoices. Some of our clients use 3rd party software to raise invoices, which does not integrate with the accounting software, so AutoEntry provides a cost-efficient 'bridge' between the two. Bank statement processing is unique and quite quick, but does require good resolution scans. The ability to import digitised bank statements directly into the accounting software (we use Xero) is excellent.

CONS

We have had some issues with the app, where receipts go 'pending' and never make it to the software. Because of the bugs in the app and the client experience, we stopped using AutoEntry for some clients, but it remains the software of choice for internal processing. The functionality of the app is very limited - there is no editing or leaving notes, it is simply view and publish. OCR technology is not as powerful as, for example, Receipt Bank, so some supplier details are not picked out accurately. The support team are sometimes slow to respond (sometimes in excess of 72 hours) and some of our issues didn't get a satisfactory resolution.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2020

AutoEntry for Supplier Invoices Input

There are some behaviours you need to learn to get the best out of it but generally few issues. Very intuitive and love the fact that company adopts a consistent approach i.e. if it works why mess with it and upset happy users.

PROS

Easy to use and multi platform via internet Browser. Very good on Apple iPad, Mac and Windows 10

CONS

Would recommend that the document rejection process is improved as it is difficult to quickly check what went wrong or to say download all rejected documents for re review

Works well particularly with all Sage products, QuickBooks and Xero

Tori

Civil Engineering, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2020

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] - Excellent advisor

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is always on hand to help with any issues I have within minutes of asking for help. Nothing is too much trouble and she ensures all queries are sorted efficiently.

PROS

It is very easy to use and saves alot of data entry time.

CONS

working remotely isnt always as smooth as I would have hoped.

Hiten

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Huge time saver on entry and reduced purchase invoice duplication and errors

Overall, hugely improved the supplier invoice process, easy to use. Resolved duplicate invoices being entered and saved the company time and money. Massive time saver on employee expenses entry as each individual submits their own expense and is easy to check and approve.

PROS

Integration with sage was seamless, setting up myself was a doddle and customer service is great as issues get resolved quickly. Huge time saver as we no longer have to use sage batches and also didn't need to have a separate screen to view the PDF invoices on entry as it's all in one screen on autoentry. One of the best features is viewing the invoice directly on sage using the onedrive link. Before this, we had to search the supplier repository on the server. It also helped reduce errors as it detects duplicates, autodetects the supplier and has a learning feature too.

CONS

Can be slow at times and if not used for a few days, the service needs to be restarted. This results in invoices getting stuck until the service is refreshed, however as long as it's used constantly this can be avoided.

Marie

Reviewed February 2021

Auto Entry

PROS

I like that my clients can upload all their receipts and invoices. Very little paper and storage of files. I also find that my clients do not lose receipts as often.

CONS

When I send the link to a client to download the app and sign in there seems to some difficulty in getting them signed up. It seems like my client ends up having to sign off then back on and reset pin number.

Reason for choosing AutoEntry

I chose auto entry because I use Sage desktop and this is the only product that is compatible to sage.

Liz

Accounting, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2020

I am able to remotely work as all invoices are able to be loaded for me to see.

PROS

I find that the Customer Support for Auto Entry is amazing. Whatever time of day or evening there is always someone to answer and deal with my problem. The invoices are easy to locate, see and print or email if necessary.

CONS

I have worked with Receipt Bank and whilst there are some features of their product that work better with Xero Auto Entry is the product that works best with sage. It would be helpful if Auto Entry could incorporate some of these features ie a n easier way of allocating the bank account that has paid an invoice. This would make the various bank accounts easier to reconcile.

Reasons for switching to AutoEntry

We were working with Xero and Receipt Bank but found that we needed to go back to Sage to handle the sales ledger of 5500 customers. Sage is a far more stable and consistant product to deal with this client base.

Ajay